inFamous PlayStation 3

• Release Date: May 26, 2009
8.3

1. JonsonL.
    May 27, 2009
    I see plenty of people bashing this game for minor technical glitches. If you focus on technical glitches, many games this gen are littered with them. Take a close look at the heavily praised Gears Of War games for example. They have their fair share of technical glitches, especially online, but they are good games so people look past it. If you have a strong focus on the negative when I see plenty of people bashing this game for minor technical glitches. If you focus on technical glitches, many games this gen are littered with them. Take a close look at the heavily praised Gears Of War games for example. They have their fair share of technical glitches, especially online, but they are good games so people look past it. If you have a strong focus on the negative when reviewing games then that is what you will find. Obviously there are visual glitches such as jagged lines and pop-in throughout the game. Glitches aside, I play on a 46" Sony Bravia HDTV and this is a very good looking game in full HD. The lighting effects and the textures are particularly well done. Also, the story is interesting and the comic book style cut scenes are beautifully done. While traversing Empire City what struck me is how fluid and intuitive scaling the entire city is. Cole can climb the way I wished that Altair could in Assassin's Creed. One thing I love is that I can jump off a tall building and land on a powerline far below if I aim correctly. I also like the fact that Cole can engage in a shoot out no matter what his position is. You can be hanging from the ledge of a building and still shooting reapers down below. The fact is, if Sucker Punch had created a game that was entirely derived from market research then we would have the same crap we have seen repeatedly over this current console generation. while playing Infamous I feel that I am playing a game that was designed first and foremost to be fun to play. I know that Sucker Punch designed this game, just as the Sly Cooper franchise, from the ground up with a fun gameplay experience being the main objective. They have achieved this admirably. This game plain and simple is fun as hell to play. That in my book is the most important factor in gaming. A job well done for Sucker Punch. I look forward to playing any future titles they release as well. Expand
  2. RayI
    May 27, 2009
    I'm not a regular gamer, but inFamous pulled me in and has been a lot of fun to play. Not perfect, but easy to pick up, with well-thought-out controls and plenty to do.
  3. MonsieurB.
    May 29, 2009
    I wanted to rate it 9.5 but not possible and as there are no perfect games I won't rate it a 10. This is an action game that is a lot of fun. Been playing it for 2 days now and I really enjoy it. For the first time i'm even following the storyline which seems to be very interesting. This might be one of the first games I will play actually till the end. Is it the best game ever? I wanted to rate it 9.5 but not possible and as there are no perfect games I won't rate it a 10. This is an action game that is a lot of fun. Been playing it for 2 days now and I really enjoy it. For the first time i'm even following the storyline which seems to be very interesting. This might be one of the first games I will play actually till the end. Is it the best game ever? Probably not but it is one of the most fun to play. Expand
  4. Dec 16, 2011
    Really solid game with alot to do in the sandbox environment. Playing as cole, with all of his powers is alot of fun. The game runs and looks beautiful. The gameplay is alot of fun and worth every penny. There could have been some variation in the side missions, it can become a bit tedious doing the same mission over and over again.
  5. Jun 28, 2012
    I almost quit out of frustration after the first few missions due to the marksmen caliber accuracy of Cole's hobo adversaries but my superhero pride forced me to tredge on. After all, justice wasn't gonna fight for itself. After having contemplated trading the game in a few times early on, the story eventually picked up and gameplay started to kick ass as I unlocked new mission types andI almost quit out of frustration after the first few missions due to the marksmen caliber accuracy of Cole's hobo adversaries but my superhero pride forced me to tredge on. After all, justice wasn't gonna fight for itself. After having contemplated trading the game in a few times early on, the story eventually picked up and gameplay started to kick ass as I unlocked new mission types and abilities. I could air glide and sticky bomb mutant vagrants for days if I had to. The 2D watercolor comic cut scenes were wonderfully rendered , and helped create an atmosphere that appears as if it had been taken out of a genuine comic book. I'd buy a digital graphic novel version in a heartbeat. The story unfolds and concludes brilliantly, but I didn't care much for some of the supporting characters. Cole's GF was a **** and Zeke was a bag of douche, whose douchebaggery only intensified as the game went on. Voice acting was simply okay, save for Kessler's, who sounded delightfully ominous, calculating, and badass at the same time . While it starts off slow, InFamous doesn't take long to deliver and ends on a supremely satisfying note. It is the template most superhero games should strive for in the future. Expand
  6. AndrewP.
    Jun 4, 2009
    inFamous is amazing, every aspect is done masterfully by Sucker Punch. This is the most orignal super hero games to come out in a long time. (maybe of all time) You must buy this title if you own a PS3 now!
  7. BrentL.
    May 28, 2009
    Great game overall, if you can get pass the first hour and a half. The powers upgrade well, the good and evil moments are well spread out threw out, boss battles are fun without being too easy. The only problems are that the gangs are too good at aiming at far distances (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and the platforming can sometime get annoying when you don't want to Great game overall, if you can get pass the first hour and a half. The powers upgrade well, the good and evil moments are well spread out threw out, boss battles are fun without being too easy. The only problems are that the gangs are too good at aiming at far distances (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and the platforming can sometime get annoying when you don't want to climb but it forces you to, only sometimes though. Overall the gameplay and graphics are great, the story and ideas are good, only the in game voice acting is below par, but the cut scenes are well done. And by the way, did anyone else notice the three low scores before the game ever came out, fanboys should get over it. Expand
  8. IainH.
    May 31, 2009
    A fantastic storyline mixed with glorious gameplay and some nice graphical touches.
  9. SebastianW.
    May 28, 2009
    This is a truly GREAT game. I played it over 14 hours now and have 46% of progress so far. that looks very promising. and if you think about it that you can play it a second time on evil... that is really good. the gameplay is really fun and the many different attacks and moves are totally awesome. there are story-missions, side-mission and side-side-missions... if you can call them that This is a truly GREAT game. I played it over 14 hours now and have 46% of progress so far. that looks very promising. and if you think about it that you can play it a second time on evil... that is really good. the gameplay is really fun and the many different attacks and moves are totally awesome. there are story-missions, side-mission and side-side-missions... if you can call them that way :D that gives you much playtime. and apart from that you can collect voicetapes that explain the storyline, and you can collect hidden power ups to gain you powers. the only downside are the 'not evertime' great graphics. at some locations you can really see that it is running at 720p with very sharp edges. but that doesn't stop it from being GREAT FUN to play. and if you are underground the engine begins to shine. the light effects are just beautiful to see. and the soundtrack is also very unique, never heard sounds like this. and bugs... only had 1 in 14 hours... not bad if you ask me... appeared after playing 6hours straight... going through the streets while going on the streets :D fell into nowhere and respawned at a hospital. one last thing: the spawnpoints a very well set and you won't get upset like in other games. i'm playing on hard and never had the feeling to be resetted to far away. Expand
  10. MaximusN
    Nov 1, 2009
    Good game, but graphics and animation are terrible!
  11. HansS.
    May 31, 2009
    I've been playing this game for more than 25 hours now, and all I have to say is; this game is pure fun, it gives me the same feeling many other classics have given me before. It's a great experience to play this game. It's not perfect, so 10 is not for being perfect but for it being the awesome experience it is.
  12. KameronF.
    May 28, 2009
    With only a couple of minor flaws, this game delivers absolute fun, comic book style.
  13. Sep 9, 2010
    Great game. Cole is an awesome character, and the story is great too. The gameplay is also well done, and the wide variety of powers to learn are all well executed and fun. The voice acting is stellar. The graphics are good. The only thing I was let down by was the ending but it was still a great game, and I can't wait for part 2.
  14. Oct 23, 2010
    Great game here, you can spend all your playtime just rampaging through the city or just follow the excellent story quests. This is one of the few games that actually pull the GTA style openness while managing to remain fun and engaging.
  15. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the few superhero games, that actually made me feel all "giddy like a school girl". Infamous is also one of the few games that I replayed a few times, which I consider a shining recommendation of its brilliance.
  16. May 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that is throughly enjoyable from start to finish, no matter what path you choose.
    In inFamous, you play a messenger known as Cole McGrath. After a freak explosion, which caused Cole to gain electrical related powers, you go on a journey throughout Empire City to find out the truth on why this happened to you. I really like the comic book layout when it is displayed through various cutscenes, as it gives a true sense that this is a 'superhero' kind of game. One of the main factors that I really liked was the whole Karma system. The Karma system throughout the game, is where certain decisions you make in the game, affect your appearance, the colour of your electrical powers and how characters react to you. Basically you can either be hated upon, or looked upon as a hero in the eyes of the stricken city. The Karma system gives more depth and realism to this sort of game. Instead of just being a straight forward game, where you just have to play as the 'hero', this game gives you the choice. You can help the citizens of Empire City or restrain or kill the citizens.
    For all of you that have a Playstation 3, this game is a must buy.
  17. May 21, 2011
    Absolute masterpiece.. Engaging and surprising plot. Excellent and interesting characters. Graphics a little bit smudgy at times but still excellent. Nothing else to say..
  18. Feb 25, 2013
    I LOVE THIS GAME! The story is fantastic and the side quests are super fun to do! Sucker Punch made inFamous 10x better than Uncharted! If you're looking for a "must have" on the Playstation 3, BUY THIS GAME. It is fantastic!
  19. Apr 5, 2014
    Infamous is an amazing game that had never really been witnessed before when it came out. It blends a wonderful combat system with cool characters and an unforgettable choice system. One of my all time favorite games, and one of my all time favorite series.
    PROS:
    PROS:
    +Original at it's time, and it still does the concept of superhero better than any other game out there. Not even the Spiderman 2 game can touch this.
    +Wonderful, delicious, and juicy 3rd person combat. While ducking into cover can be a pain, it never dims down in terms of action and overall insane intensity - it also flows pretty smooth.
    +Writing, it's off-the-wall! While Trish is without a doubt the most dull of all the characters, you're exposed to the hilarious and somewhat charming Zeke, the crazy and lustful Sasha, the bias and hateful TV people/"The Voice of Survival", the old insane and broken Alden, and the star - the intimating agile hero and/or anti-hero: Cole.
    +The moral choice mechanic: it is wonderful! While some games like Paper's Please do it more subtly, Infamous also has an unforgettable and, in my opinion, better moral choice system. You way out the pros and cons of the choices you make in your actions, and you get the choice between being selfish and benefiting yourself while hurting others, or taking a hard hit to protect and save the innocent civilians.
    +You get the vibe you're in a hopeless environment - one that is barely standing and needs hero to carry it, or a villain to bring it all-the-way down. The people in the quarantined city say things like "I was only supposed to be here a day," or "help, I can't find my daughter!" It delivers a feeling of eeriness and despair.
    CONS:
    -Some missions are so difficult it leaves you scratching your head saying, "what idiot came up with this level."
    Must buy. If you don't have a PS3, buy one just to play this!
  20. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 10 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 10 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 9 out of 10, Re-play: 8 out of 10, Value: 10 out of 10
  21. Apr 8, 2014
    epic game with great story and amazing game play people are asking to much of the game but it's simple and in trusting after finishing the game it became my all time 2nd favourite the game could be played multy pel times and never get old
  22. May 11, 2014
    a pesar de que sus graficos no son tan buenos y tiene varios bugs el juego destaca su gran mapa sus misiones y su historia lo que se me hizo muy malo fue la dificultad debio haber sido mas complicada y que tuviera aspectos mas de un juego del genero pero no le quita lo demas que hace el juego en realidad destaque y que una cosa lo que insultan el juego no saben de lo que se pierden ya quea pesar de que sus graficos no son tan buenos y tiene varios bugs el juego destaca su gran mapa sus misiones y su historia lo que se me hizo muy malo fue la dificultad debio haber sido mas complicada y que tuviera aspectos mas de un juego del genero pero no le quita lo demas que hace el juego en realidad destaque y que una cosa lo que insultan el juego no saben de lo que se pierden ya que lo que hace divertido y complicado el juego es utilisamiento del mando necesito mejoras el mejor juego de suker punch que vi Expand
  23. Jul 30, 2014
    I first got this game as a gift from PSN after the PSN hack, but it was a very happy accident indeed, as I knew nothing about the game previously. I must say this really turned me on to open-world games, as this one has every great thing going for it - a great story, good range of powers, nice tight controls, and spot-on voice acting. I could not recommend this any higher if you areI first got this game as a gift from PSN after the PSN hack, but it was a very happy accident indeed, as I knew nothing about the game previously. I must say this really turned me on to open-world games, as this one has every great thing going for it - a great story, good range of powers, nice tight controls, and spot-on voice acting. I could not recommend this any higher if you are looking for something to get your feet wet in the open-world style of games. Expand
  24. Aug 12, 2014
    I liked almost everything about this game. The storyline, the way it is presented, the videos style, your powers and the Karma with its choices and consequences, making the game various and pretty innovative.
    Cities' decay really make the idea of this game, making your experience very immersive.
  25. DanielT
    Jan 7, 2010
    The only reason why this is actually not on my list - which consists of games of a score of 8 or higher) is a stupid one: I don't have it. Or rather, it's in my house but it's not mine. InFAMOUS is an excellent superhero/shooter game that rivals Arkaham Asylum, with the exception of practically growing your own hero and deciding what he does. Ah, the delight of choosing to The only reason why this is actually not on my list - which consists of games of a score of 8 or higher) is a stupid one: I don't have it. Or rather, it's in my house but it's not mine. InFAMOUS is an excellent superhero/shooter game that rivals Arkaham Asylum, with the exception of practically growing your own hero and deciding what he does. Ah, the delight of choosing to save a baby or eat it... Wait, WTF? Expand
  26. DawnM
    Dec 4, 2009
    Fun game to play. The mix of powers seem to work pretty well together as well. It can get frustrating at times with odd camera angles and animations, but overall a good game.
  27. VitaliV.
    May 28, 2009
    More like 9.5. Overall an awesome game. Some minor flaws such as enemies half stuck in the wall after being defeated. What was most surprising is the fact that you can't mindlessly jump in the middle of a group of enemies and expect to win which is often the case for these types of games. While the the choices for karma are obvious it is really tempting to use the evil side. Game is More like 9.5. Overall an awesome game. Some minor flaws such as enemies half stuck in the wall after being defeated. What was most surprising is the fact that you can't mindlessly jump in the middle of a group of enemies and expect to win which is often the case for these types of games. While the the choices for karma are obvious it is really tempting to use the evil side. Game is really enjoyable and from what I heard there are different cut scenes for both sides. So far I have not encountered any major slowdowns and/or glitches. Really a must buy if you are a fan of the genre and even if you're not definitely give it a try. Expand
  28. TomC.
    May 30, 2009
    Great fun, only let down by pop ins and animations. Worth your hard earned cash!
  29. JessicaH
    Jan 13, 2010
    Infamous was the first game I finished for my PS3. I highly recommend it. Infamous has stellar gameplay; there are so many little features that make this game enjoyable. For example, instead of falling off a narrow rope (which happens in God of War), Infamous knows I want to stay on the rope. Infamous also understands that I do not want to walk off the edges of buildings/cliffs (which Infamous was the first game I finished for my PS3. I highly recommend it. Infamous has stellar gameplay; there are so many little features that make this game enjoyable. For example, instead of falling off a narrow rope (which happens in God of War), Infamous knows I want to stay on the rope. Infamous also understands that I do not want to walk off the edges of buildings/cliffs (which happens in Batman: Arkham Asylum); if I want off a building, I will choose jump instead of walk. There is also a mini-map on the screen at all time (in Batman you have to exit to a full screen map). The mini-map even shows outlines of the building shapes (very helpful), and uses up and down arrows to let you know if your objective/foe is above or below you. In addition to the story, there are optional side quests to keep things interesting. Although you can play through as evil or nice, there is nothing else in the way of replay value (aside from working towards trophies). The skills in Infamous were unlocked at a nice pace. I also liked that upon receiving a new skill, you were given a mission to complete so that you could get used to your new skill. Infamous definitely helped me improve my FPS skills with the PS3 controller (big change from mouse and keyboard!). Expand
  30. JoshK.
    May 27, 2009
    You get to choose between good and evil through karma actions. You can climb and scale EVERY building in the entire game! Many people will post 1's or low scores on this game just because they can't accept that the PlayStation 3 has a killer exclusive on it's hands. The controls are great, COMBAT IS FLAWLESS. The games is Breathtakingly Beautiful. All the Characters animate You get to choose between good and evil through karma actions. You can climb and scale EVERY building in the entire game! Many people will post 1's or low scores on this game just because they can't accept that the PlayStation 3 has a killer exclusive on it's hands. The controls are great, COMBAT IS FLAWLESS. The games is Breathtakingly Beautiful. All the Characters animate Gorgeously. The lightning looks fantastic. I really can't stop saying how great this game is the Explosions are over the top and Phenomenal Anyone who passes this game up is foolish because I give this game a 10/10 Expand
  31. DanielR
    May 27, 2009
    If you don't buy this game you are nuts. One of the best super hero games period. Another AAA title for Sony.
  32. DavidL
    Nov 29, 2009
    I liked this game alot, finally a robust superhero game. I like that you can choose to be good or evil and the robust graphics. It has some graphical bugs and such though, which keeps me from giving it a full score. Totally worth buying!
  33. DaleP
    Jan 2, 2010
    Know what? This game is freaking incredible! Anyone who doesn't like it lacks imagination. The controls are superb, the story is cool and not over-involving, the powers are great and interact well with the dual shock controllers, and the enemies are just smart enough to piss you off! The city belongs to YOU in this game and you can choose what to do with it. Sure, you can die, but Know what? This game is freaking incredible! Anyone who doesn't like it lacks imagination. The controls are superb, the story is cool and not over-involving, the powers are great and interact well with the dual shock controllers, and the enemies are just smart enough to piss you off! The city belongs to YOU in this game and you can choose what to do with it. Sure, you can die, but you are alot tougher than almost any game hero or villain, which is exactly what your choice is to be! inFamous deserves ***** (um...that's 5 stars) Expand
  34. BryanF.
    May 27, 2009
    Perfectly constructed video game, its the kinda game that kids will be in school thinking about going home to. And I personally look forward to going home from work as is haha, but now I also have another great game to look forward too. And my wife and dog and all that other stuff :P
  35. Aug 12, 2010
    Infamous is one of those games that's so fun that you can forgive it for all of it's flaws. It has a cool story and the navigation mechanics make it quite fun to leap around the city. I've yet to have a better time playing a sandbox game than the experience I had playing infamous, and I cannot wait for the sequel.
  36. Jun 30, 2012
    A fantastic experience throughout with only a few minor problems. If you want a game to make you feel like a massive badass, this is it. Its one of my favourite superhero games of all time. Enough said.
  37. Jun 12, 2011
    Pretty much a shooter disguised as a superhero game, and tons of fun because of it. Unique abilities and upgrades are plentiful and finding strategic ways to use and combine them is a blast. So is roaming around the gorgeously rendered city and collecting all manner of junk. However the morality system doesn't really serve as anything more than a gameplay device because looking any intoPretty much a shooter disguised as a superhero game, and tons of fun because of it. Unique abilities and upgrades are plentiful and finding strategic ways to use and combine them is a blast. So is roaming around the gorgeously rendered city and collecting all manner of junk. However the morality system doesn't really serve as anything more than a gameplay device because looking any into what constitutes good and evil behavior in inFamous will only serve to help lower your IQ. The main characters are the most irritating I've encountered in a while. Zeke is an unfunny George W. Bush but equally conniving, Trish is a **** period. and Cole is about as blank of a character as you can create, with the unnecessarily gravely voice you'd expect from Jason Statham or his ilk. Good fun but not a lot of substance. Expand
  38. Feb 20, 2012
    AMAZING GAME!! one of the BEST this gen.. Really underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty get 9 or 10, believe you MUST buy this game.. Its soooo much fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like Cole as a character.. I highly recommend this game to everyone with PS3!
  39. JosefH
    Jan 21, 2010
    I haven't enjoyed a game this much since I played Jak 3 for the Playstation 2. The story-line is brilliant, and perfectly executed, with plot-twists everywhere, and the ultimate decisions (known as 'Karma Moments') where you decide between good and evil, Hero and villain. The game's problems come in small glitches. I'm unsure why they happen, but invisible walls I haven't enjoyed a game this much since I played Jak 3 for the Playstation 2. The story-line is brilliant, and perfectly executed, with plot-twists everywhere, and the ultimate decisions (known as 'Karma Moments') where you decide between good and evil, Hero and villain. The game's problems come in small glitches. I'm unsure why they happen, but invisible walls pop up every now and then, and your dodge button is your "run to cover" button, so often has you simply putting your back up against a car instead of dodging bullets, but the gameplay is almost perfect parting these flaws. Every mission, and every power is extremely well designed. More problems come from the cut-scenes. The animations are fairly poor, and the voice acting at certain points seems incredibly rushed. However, Cole McGrath's voice (voiced by Jason Cottle) is brilliant throughout the game, and the comic-style sequences more than make up for the poorly animated in-game cut-scenes. Overall; the game has a great playing system, and great storyline, but there are a few technical bugs which do tend to annoy me. I'd give the game a 95%, which I should round up to a 10, but I'm not going to. Expand
  40. JohnG
    Jan 23, 2010
    Infamous is a great game that shows that superheroes can make good games. Paired with an unbelievably good story and style this game is a great one. The only flaw would be hitches in the climbing system.
  41. DannyM
    Nov 9, 2009
    An immersing and fulfilling experience. I have finished it twice due to the good and evil powers being different enough to warrant another play through. Essential.
  42. JordanD
    Dec 17, 2009
    this game is really a cool game. the game lets you be a good superhero or a evil super villlian of course i was the villian
  43. Nov 12, 2010
    Infamous really blew me away with how fun it was to just run around the city climbing everything, leaping off the highest buildings, grinding on the power lines. TONS of fun to play. The only complaint I have with this game is that the missions were SO repetitive. They were still fun, but some more variety would have made this game perfect. The story is good, the cut scene art is cool,Infamous really blew me away with how fun it was to just run around the city climbing everything, leaping off the highest buildings, grinding on the power lines. TONS of fun to play. The only complaint I have with this game is that the missions were SO repetitive. They were still fun, but some more variety would have made this game perfect. The story is good, the cut scene art is cool, and the voice acting is decent. Graphically it is pretty good, although there are some problems (for instance as you ride along on the train there is a ton of pop in, and in spots there is framerate issues). Overall the game is really fun to play, hunting around for blast shards is lots of fun, and the 2 different endings gives it good replay value. A solid '9', and it gives me high hopes for the sequel. Expand
  44. Dec 10, 2010
    sdfsdiusapd;lkffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  45. Mar 14, 2011
    This is by far one of the best games of today.The graphics are of course incredible,the storyline is strong and epic.The entire feel of the game is incredible,I love the Scenes where it looks like a comic book scene.Including I think they are making a comic book series,along with a movie,and a sequel.The ending on both ends was incredibly accurate and great.I actually cared greatly for theThis is by far one of the best games of today.The graphics are of course incredible,the storyline is strong and epic.The entire feel of the game is incredible,I love the Scenes where it looks like a comic book scene.Including I think they are making a comic book series,along with a movie,and a sequel.The ending on both ends was incredibly accurate and great.I actually cared greatly for the Characters along with Cole,He is a badass,along with the cool things of this game.Never knew electricity could be so fun Expand
  46. Dec 30, 2011
    Infamous was a fairly good game, the only problem I had with it was the characters. Cole, the main character, has no personality other than a gruff voice and a rather uninteresting dialogue. Zeke, Cole's best friend, has no purpose in the game other than to be a fat, lazy moron, that as one of the villians describes him as the 'Fat kid on the roof'. The Fed Moya is rather annoying, andInfamous was a fairly good game, the only problem I had with it was the characters. Cole, the main character, has no personality other than a gruff voice and a rather uninteresting dialogue. Zeke, Cole's best friend, has no purpose in the game other than to be a fat, lazy moron, that as one of the villians describes him as the 'Fat kid on the roof'. The Fed Moya is rather annoying, and Trish, Cole's girlfriend, just needs to be slapped. The game play was great however, and the story line was excellent. I would reccomend renting it first, but all in all the game was pretty good. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  48. LynnD.
    May 26, 2009
    I like the controls. Climbing around the city is fun. The missions are boring and repetitive.
  49. Sep 2, 2010
    Never before I felt like a city, in a video game, is that alive. The NPCs in inFamous seems emotional, more real than ever before. I never been able to hurt them or leave them dying (while not in combat) knowing that I have the power to save them. Plus, the control is intuitive, answer fast and is fun to use. The city is huge, does not lag and is beautiful. But above all, running onNever before I felt like a city, in a video game, is that alive. The NPCs in inFamous seems emotional, more real than ever before. I never been able to hurt them or leave them dying (while not in combat) knowing that I have the power to save them. Plus, the control is intuitive, answer fast and is fun to use. The city is huge, does not lag and is beautiful. But above all, running on buildings, throwing cars at bad guys and saving citizens is awesome. The only things keeping it from perfection, is a little repetitiveness and the electric only super power types. After beating the game once, as a good character, I never been able to make it to the end as a bad character. First of all, I felt bad killing the NPCs, witch isn't a bad thing, but I also felt bored pretty fast. So if you like sand box or super heros, or action/adventure games, inFamous is a great choice. Expand
  50. Jul 4, 2012
    This is a spectacular game. Although this game recieved good reviews, it still did not get the scores it deserved. The best way I can describe it is "GTA with superpowers." It's a full open world city, and you can literally climb on anything and go anywhere. The movement and control are spectacular and it is a blast to jump from building to building and grind along power lines. The powersThis is a spectacular game. Although this game recieved good reviews, it still did not get the scores it deserved. The best way I can describe it is "GTA with superpowers." It's a full open world city, and you can literally climb on anything and go anywhere. The movement and control are spectacular and it is a blast to jump from building to building and grind along power lines. The powers are fun to use and the missions are diverse. This is one of my favorite games of all time. It rivals GTA 4 in terms of pure fun and freedom. I would say it it even better than Uncharted, because the world is much more open and you are free to go anywhere, as opposed to being limited to predetermined pathways (like in Uncharted). I only have 2 complaints. the animations of the pedestrians and side characters are pretty bad, but it doesn't really take away from the game, it's just a visual thing. Also, it would've been nice if the city were a bit larger. Expand
  51. May 9, 2013
    Bad game with bad story, worst graphics ever... The characters dont make sense.
    In portuguese i hate the dubbing, so horrible. I cant believe so many people like this game.
  52. DavidT.
    May 27, 2009
    I rated it low because of the control options. I could not control it because I need the option to (1) make the camera angle inverse/inverse yet (2) make the aiming controls inverse vertical/regular horizontal. They offer these options on games on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Unfortunately, inFamous forces you to make the camera and aiming controls the same. Because my mind is wired I rated it low because of the control options. I could not control it because I need the option to (1) make the camera angle inverse/inverse yet (2) make the aiming controls inverse vertical/regular horizontal. They offer these options on games on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Unfortunately, inFamous forces you to make the camera and aiming controls the same. Because my mind is wired this way I just cannot seem to adapt to any other control schemes. :-( I'm sure it is a decent game, but I'll wait for the next Uncharted later this year. If more game makers would put these options in, people like me would be happier. I'm not the only one who needs these control options--and really, how hard is it to add in? Expand
  53. CarlosS.
    May 27, 2009
    It reminds me so much of Assassin's Creed. You are blown away in the first thirty minutes, then you realize that you are being forced to play that brilliant thirty minutes over and OVER and OVER. Full price for a game for a mere 30 minutes of fun...remember to wait a few weeks after a game comes out before buying. See what people say. Left 4 Dead, Assassin's Creed...all these It reminds me so much of Assassin's Creed. You are blown away in the first thirty minutes, then you realize that you are being forced to play that brilliant thirty minutes over and OVER and OVER. Full price for a game for a mere 30 minutes of fun...remember to wait a few weeks after a game comes out before buying. See what people say. Left 4 Dead, Assassin's Creed...all these games get a lot of hype when they come out and end up being the same old, same old. Expand
  54. KolioR.
    May 26, 2009
    A game that came out 2 years fter crackdown and is less enjoyable. the city is dire and dull.
  55. Mar 20, 2011
    i could not play this game due to his squeky pants did anyone else notice his pants and how annoyingly loud they were why would they do that it really pissed me off
  56. KieranY.
    May 27, 2009
    Terribe controls, very weak gameplay, boring side-quests, good graphics - traditional modern computer game? Yes, unfortunately. InFamous is very mediocre (pardon, very bad) game which tried to be PS3's Crackdown. I recommend you people to ignore this title, and wait for "The Prototype", which simply can not be worse than this Sony exclusive.
  57. Mar 9, 2014
    Finally beat this game; and let me tell you, IT SUCKS. The concept and potential of this game are incredible, even the story isn't all that bad. The thing that destroys this game from the inside out is the difficulty level, and the fact that it takes itself to seriously. The dialogue animations are laughably bad, the voice acting is sub-par or average at best. The difficulty is unREAL. IFinally beat this game; and let me tell you, IT SUCKS. The concept and potential of this game are incredible, even the story isn't all that bad. The thing that destroys this game from the inside out is the difficulty level, and the fact that it takes itself to seriously. The dialogue animations are laughably bad, the voice acting is sub-par or average at best. The difficulty is unREAL. I beat the game on Medium difficulty and it left me ripping my hair out and screaming into my couch cushions. The bosses aren't that bad, its the regular henchmen who are tough as **** This is especially prevalent later in the game, when the enemies can take **** tons of damage; then dish out **** tons. Combine this with the worst balance i've ever seen in a game, and the most unrefined controls imaginable and you have the perfect recipe for **** THIS GAME". There is a special place in hell for the developers of this game. Shockingly enough Infamous Second Son looks ridiculously awesome, so i'm still going to try it out. But at the end of the day, **** THIS GAME... Expand
  58. MarkV.
    Jun 11, 2009
    no neutral path? lightning is your ONLY weapon? forced to follow one Karma-path; switching between good and evil acts merely give a disadvantage. Karma? That's no Karma! the douchebag literally says what's the bad and the good choice! and what's with his gliding and those hands. It may strike you as logical given the powers but it looks lame!
  59. DonnyDarko
    Jan 26, 2010
    Prototype is so much better than this game. Infamous looks horrible in comparison, I don't understand what people are talking about. The city doesn't look realistic at all. Prototype has a lot more atmosphere and feeling to it. The moral choices are really lame and could just as well be just a checkbox for "good" or "bad". The main character is even more boring than the one in Prototype is so much better than this game. Infamous looks horrible in comparison, I don't understand what people are talking about. The city doesn't look realistic at all. Prototype has a lot more atmosphere and feeling to it. The moral choices are really lame and could just as well be just a checkbox for "good" or "bad". The main character is even more boring than the one in prototype. The powers are also boring compared to the ones offered in prototype. You can't hijack vehicles as you can in prototype. The only reason I see for this getting a better grade than prototype is the fact that it's a PS3 exclusive. Expand
  60. Mar 15, 2014
    this game is terrible i played it i was really bored to death after playing for 5 seconds. there are no words to describe how corny and cliche this game is
  61. ChaseL
    Jan 1, 2010
    Great Game. High quality graphics and fun gameplay. Like most superhero games it gets old BUT, this is has the chance to choose whether to be a hero or a villian. Highly recommend it
  62. StrangerE
    Jun 6, 2009
    This is one excuse of a game. Total cliches and plagiarism - another name for this. Repeating gameplay, cut-down abilities, unrealistic ideas about environmental relations, odd-looking predictable enemies, childish "choices", movement that lacks precision, unpleasant modeling and animation of Main Character(!)... eough, i guess. It's a shame that such a 'advanced game' This is one excuse of a game. Total cliches and plagiarism - another name for this. Repeating gameplay, cut-down abilities, unrealistic ideas about environmental relations, odd-looking predictable enemies, childish "choices", movement that lacks precision, unpleasant modeling and animation of Main Character(!)... eough, i guess. It's a shame that such a 'advanced game' dropped before Prototype. Because it won't have a chance after it's release. Expand
  63. FranCoDominy
    Jul 19, 2009
    It is a very well made game and there aren't many glitches. It keeps you occupied for a good 3-4 weeks. The reason it doesn't keep you occupied for month's like GTA 4 or Call of Duty World at War is the atmoshere. The dark grey sky just puts you off and the electricity get old and boring. If I were someone looking to buy this game. Don't. By all means download the demoIt is a very well made game and there aren't many glitches. It keeps you occupied for a good 3-4 weeks. The reason it doesn't keep you occupied for month's like GTA 4 or Call of Duty World at War is the atmoshere. The dark grey sky just puts you off and the electricity get old and boring. If I were someone looking to buy this game. Don't. By all means download the demo but if you do buy it prepair to be disapointingly, disapointed. Expand
  64. JuanC.
    Jan 27, 2010
    InFamous is one of the best PS3 exclusives of all time. Sucker Punch has came with an interesting concept that you can decide to be a hero or a villan in the game. The story is also great as the way how you control your actions in the game, affects the story of the game. Another take is the variations of the powers that you can test with. After you beat the good side, you'll InFamous is one of the best PS3 exclusives of all time. Sucker Punch has came with an interesting concept that you can decide to be a hero or a villan in the game. The story is also great as the way how you control your actions in the game, affects the story of the game. Another take is the variations of the powers that you can test with. After you beat the good side, you'll definitely be playing again to try out the evil side. I suggest that all PS3 users give this game a try. Expand
  65. tobyk
    Oct 12, 2009
    Its a great game. there is no denying that: huge, varied and interesting. The moral choice system is played well here, with crowds either assisting you in your fights and cheering you on, or pelting you with rocks and screaming at you. the pseudo-flying glider ability is very well placed, along with the ability to 'ski' along electric cables and train tracks. the only issues I Its a great game. there is no denying that: huge, varied and interesting. The moral choice system is played well here, with crowds either assisting you in your fights and cheering you on, or pelting you with rocks and screaming at you. the pseudo-flying glider ability is very well placed, along with the ability to 'ski' along electric cables and train tracks. the only issues I have are with the climbing system and people animations. the climbing system is not really flawed, but you tend to get bogged down climbing and jumping endlessly. when you are up there it is great fun, but until then... and finally, the people animations are laughably bad, with people running like drunken spastics and talking like ridiculous anime characters. but these are minor flaws: a brilliant game. Expand
  66. ColeP
    Nov 22, 2009
    Awesome gameplay, sick powers, and excellent story and characters. This is one of the best games I have ever played, and also one of the most fun. One of the only flaws is the lack of additional game modes..would love to have an unlimited number of baddies to fry. Excellent game, everyone should check it out. I don't see how you could be disappointed.
  67. Aegis
    Nov 29, 2009
    inFamous was very fun on my first run through, but when I booted it up a second time to walk the evil path and see what I missed, I found everything to be far too big of a chore to continue with. Maybe if my blast shards (of which there are 350 scattered throughout the city, and finding them directly boosts your power making tracking them down essential to survival) carried over I would inFamous was very fun on my first run through, but when I booted it up a second time to walk the evil path and see what I missed, I found everything to be far too big of a chore to continue with. Maybe if my blast shards (of which there are 350 scattered throughout the city, and finding them directly boosts your power making tracking them down essential to survival) carried over I would have powered through it. But doing everything all over again seemed more like work than anything else. Also, I have a huge gripe with the moral choice system in these games today. Why is it that I always have to choose between saving a baby or eating it? It seemed more than anything like I'd have to go out of my way to be evil, and even then I couldn't side with the gangs nor the major villains so what's the point? Expand
  68. KeedenB
    Sep 12, 2009
    Absolutely outstanding. From frying old people to climbing massive building, healing hobos on a regular basis, beating the wizz out of a bunch of guys with AKs(plus the Conduits)epic bosses and complete and total freedom. Whoever gave this game less than a 9 is utter moron. Spectacular game. Greatest Hero Game of all time(sorry Arkham Asylum).
  69. JustibR
    Sep 3, 2009
    I loved this game, I even reviewed it. I gave it a 8 out of ten, and that's only because it got a bit repetitive and had some glitches and small power limitations to work out. Other than that I love this step away from Sucker Punch's Sly Cooper series and glad to see something worth the money these days.
  70. Mar 24, 2011
    a pretty fun game of being a super hero in a huge city . theres some diversity in the missions never making them feel boring . some great boss battles alot of cool powers to use . decent voice acting and a fairly good story making this a pretty good game .controls also work pretty well. downside is missions may be good but not alot of extra stuff to do unless you wana find shards to givea pretty fun game of being a super hero in a huge city . theres some diversity in the missions never making them feel boring . some great boss battles alot of cool powers to use . decent voice acting and a fairly good story making this a pretty good game .controls also work pretty well. downside is missions may be good but not alot of extra stuff to do unless you wana find shards to give you more power which i do not like to do. i do not want to play hide and go seek in a game. also a few bugs and glitches like getting stuck in things and freeze ups although they are not very common . also i really wish cole could fly woulda been so much nicer to get around the city.still solid game and i like that you can go good or evil makes for atleast 1 extra replay . Expand
  71. Mar 27, 2015
    Even better than Infamous Second Son PS4, which I loved and played first. The graphics aren't as good as that, but they are terrific and the story and main character is even better.
  72. Jul 15, 2011
    Superhero sandbox games have been given a super charged volt of electricity thanks to Infamous. With an impressive amount of content, a decent narrative, brilliant character development and stylish comic book cutscens, Infamous creates a stalwart landing as a PS3 exclusive. Yeah the CQC is clunky, the parkour is jittery if very responsive and enemies can show bouts of superhuman visualSuperhero sandbox games have been given a super charged volt of electricity thanks to Infamous. With an impressive amount of content, a decent narrative, brilliant character development and stylish comic book cutscens, Infamous creates a stalwart landing as a PS3 exclusive. Yeah the CQC is clunky, the parkour is jittery if very responsive and enemies can show bouts of superhuman visual perceptual awareness, which can result in teeth grinding deaths. But Infamous is so content rich and loaded with interesting exposition that it overcomes these faults by in large. Expand
  73. Jan 10, 2012
    Unfortunately this game was a bit of a dissapointment. Everything looks promising from the beginning with a mix of GTA style graphics and mission outlay combined with scaling the city in search of the numerous power upgrades and side missions. There is plenty of fun to be had with the game, and it provides a challenge and lasts for a decent ammount of time. However, the problems are soonUnfortunately this game was a bit of a dissapointment. Everything looks promising from the beginning with a mix of GTA style graphics and mission outlay combined with scaling the city in search of the numerous power upgrades and side missions. There is plenty of fun to be had with the game, and it provides a challenge and lasts for a decent ammount of time. However, the problems are soon evident and by the close of the game, the gameplay becomes tiresome and predictable. Sure there is loads to do but it mostly consists of doing the same thing over and over again (climb that building, survive a shoot out etc). Couple this with some seriously flawed controls, a daft morality system, and some predictable and rather silly enemies and the games high points are overshadowed by its shortcomings. Its definitely got potential but needs more variety and better execution - worth it now when its goin cheep but dont expect too much. Expand
  74. Jan 13, 2011
    The game is well done even though still far from perfect.Let me start by saying that the powers and combat aswell as the way you get across the city feel and look amazing. The game is also long and has many side missions and the ending is very good. But the setting is very dull and boring, telling the story in a comic type of way didnt pull me into the story and the story wasnt veryThe game is well done even though still far from perfect.Let me start by saying that the powers and combat aswell as the way you get across the city feel and look amazing. The game is also long and has many side missions and the ending is very good. But the setting is very dull and boring, telling the story in a comic type of way didnt pull me into the story and the story wasnt very intriguing as a whole except for the end. The music was,nt very good either although music for this game wasn't very important. The way the AI ran and acted was very goofy and can be greatly improved. The graphics are decent but again not the AI. and lastly every good action game needs good boss battles and this games boss battles were scarce ( like 3 ) and werent very good at all. The games powers, abilities and ending were the best parts and I hope the rest is improved for the next game. 8.5/10. Expand
  75. Nov 3, 2010
    A game that truly rewards the gamer. I had so much fun with this, smashing and frying everything in sight. Some minor control issues but for the most part a flawless game.
  76. Nov 4, 2010
    great game , i prefer the sandbox type games where you dont have to stick to a story line or be on a timer, played through the game as a good guy, however on the second run i played as the evil guy and it was alot more fun, the weapons were better as the evil guy as they did much more damage and it was easier to level up......
  77. Jan 6, 2011
    This game must be great to people who loved the "variety" of missions in MMOs. (In fact, Infamous feels a lot like City of Heroes, with its handful of enemy clans and catwalks in the sewers missions.) Personally, I wanted to do more than just mash buttons; I seldom felt engaged with the story at all. Mostly I was just following waypoints.

The much-lauded moral choices are so blatant and

The much-lauded moral choices are so blatant and black-and-white as to be laughable. You are explicitly prompted to choose the good or evil action. In addition, while there are some differences in the side missions, the power upgrades you receive, and the epilogue, there is really no difference in the storyline depending on your choices. In fact, the evil path oftentimes makes no sense.

Ultimately, though, the biggest problem is the gameplay. In addition to all the random glitches, like invisible barriers that prevent you from proceeding forward on seemingly flat terrain, cameras that move for no reason, and so on, much of the gameplay and control is poorly designed. For example, while in aim mode, the right stick is used to pan and tilt, but all but the basic attack are on the right face buttons, which means that you cannot aim and fire at the same time with anything but the basic attack. Oftentimes the supposedly more difficult foes are far easier to defeat than the random footsoldiers, frequently due to the fact that they are much larger and the aiming is so twitchy.

That said, it's not a bad game, it's merely mediocre. But it gets incredible reviews, and I really just don't understand why.
  78. Jul 6, 2012
    I had a hard time wanting to play this because the voice acting is so bad. I got it for free download from PS last year but had only just had the time to try it out. Open world is good. Characters are bad. Gameplay is made up of your clunky lighting powers that are inaccurate compared to the continous pop ups of gang members shooting at you. I could only put up with it for about fiveI had a hard time wanting to play this because the voice acting is so bad. I got it for free download from PS last year but had only just had the time to try it out. Open world is good. Characters are bad. Gameplay is made up of your clunky lighting powers that are inaccurate compared to the continous pop ups of gang members shooting at you. I could only put up with it for about five hours worth of game time before I deleated it from the PS3. Expand
  79. Mar 21, 2011
    The graphics are good but the way u play is like Prototype u do the same thing over and over. And i hate climbing buildings. I like playing prototype better cause u do several things. I hate it.
  80. Apr 22, 2011
    I played this game with great hopes, after reading several good reviews from trusted websites and magazines. I was playing for the first hour with a smile on my face, enjoying the fact that this game was different from the rest of the games being released nowadays. However, after the first hour, I realized this was the only thing I liked about the game. The gameplay is tiring andI played this game with great hopes, after reading several good reviews from trusted websites and magazines. I was playing for the first hour with a smile on my face, enjoying the fact that this game was different from the rest of the games being released nowadays. However, after the first hour, I realized this was the only thing I liked about the game. The gameplay is tiring and repetitive, and the plot had no thickness to it that dragged me in and made me stay with this game until the end. Instead, I was sitting, regretting my purchase and wondering why this game had been given such high reviews. Other people may feel differently, but in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to give inFamous a miss. Expand
  81. Feb 8, 2012
    I enjoyed the plot and the moral choices continually more than I liked the gameplay which was good too. Some parts are more annoying than hard which makes me want to not pick it up again in a hurry. If I had nothing else to play this would be a really good game. But it doesnt vie for my time due to the inconsistent physics.
  82. Mar 20, 2014
    ok

just got the game last night: - story i give a 9/10 - graphic 10/10 - gameplay 9/10 this game show how great game will look for the PS4 in 1 or 2 year from now! (cant wait for more greatness) Second Son is by far the best inFamous yet. If you're a fan of the series, then checking this one out is a no-brainer, and if you're not, consider jumping in with Delsin. You don't
    ok

just got the game last night:

- story i give a 9/10
    - graphic 10/10
    - gameplay 9/10

Second Son is by far the best inFamous yet. If you're a fan of the series, then checking this one out is a no-brainer, and if you're not, consider jumping in with Delsin. You don't need any prior knowledge of the franchise to do so, and if you have any appreciation of open-world superhero games, you'll enjoy it.
  83. Sep 19, 2011
    A great game for the playstation 3, most likely one of it's best. The story is solid and the gameplay is fun, but it drags on at the end. which can be a little frustrating at times.
  84. Mar 12, 2013
    One of the most overrated games of the generation. I didn't even actually finish it which is a real rarity for me, Once I have a game I generally complete it regardless of how good/bad it is. The morality system was completely over hyped in game reviews amounting to nothing more than a upgrade path decision without really bringing your choice home in any real way through the story. ExcuseOne of the most overrated games of the generation. I didn't even actually finish it which is a real rarity for me, Once I have a game I generally complete it regardless of how good/bad it is. The morality system was completely over hyped in game reviews amounting to nothing more than a upgrade path decision without really bringing your choice home in any real way through the story. Excuse me I meant so called story, a semi apocolyptic, quarantined city snore snore might be interesting if at an absolute minimum the characters aren't completely annoying. In game acting and casting has come on leaps and bounds this generation but not in this game. The open world is designed reasonably well in terms of layout but is entirely uninteresting to explore and collectables and side missions feel like a complete grind. Actually the main story path feels like a grind too. Compare to the likes of Batman and this really highlights the flaws on infamous.
    I'm really shocked at the review scores, I often buy games based on reviews and am rarely dissapointed to this level particularly wiht the almost unanamous critical acclaim.. does anyone else think this about this game or am I just wrong?
  85. Apr 13, 2012
    Poor storyline. Un-imaginative gameplay and dynamics that tantamounts to your regular shooter staples of singleshot - blast shot - grenade - sniper shot etc. Will give you something to do if you're bored, but don't expect to be "entertained" as such.
  86. May 6, 2012
    inFamous is a fun, engaging, and refreshing experience. Everything in this game feels perfectly designed. The controls and overall movement/fight mechanics are spectacular. Huge battles and action are extremely well done, always fun. The only gripe I have with the mechanics is that later in the game when you're used to the controls, sometimes you'll find yourself latching onto things likeinFamous is a fun, engaging, and refreshing experience. Everything in this game feels perfectly designed. The controls and overall movement/fight mechanics are spectacular. Huge battles and action are extremely well done, always fun. The only gripe I have with the mechanics is that later in the game when you're used to the controls, sometimes you'll find yourself latching onto things like railings or building sides when you don't want to, becoming frustrating - but this is just a little tiny thing in the grand scheme of things. One more thing I didn't like was not being able to see objectives of the current mission you're on, but that was literally never a problem as everything is very clear throughout the game.

Must-play game for PS3, plain and simple. One of the most engaging and awesome storylines I've ever seen in a video game, in addition to stellar gameplay. 10 from me.
  87. Jul 20, 2014
    I finally started to play Infamous legacy. I started with Infamous 1. And sorry but this is an overrated game. After progressing a bit in the game I started to get bored. I guess I am rating the game by 2014 standards. But still I compared it to Prototype. And I enjoyed Prototype 1 much more than this one. The powers in Prototype were much more interesting.
    The only thing interesting
    The only thing interesting about Infamous is that you get to choose your path of being good or evil.
    I rate this game with 6
  88. Jun 2, 2014
    I loved the early parts of this game but as the game went along I found the missions very tedious. Some of the controls are very awkward (Using special attacks involves R3+Square+R1. Those controls aren't made for human hands) The biggest con is the enemies. Their god-like accuracy is so annoying and it's even worse they're EVERYWHERE so you're being shot at all the time even when youI loved the early parts of this game but as the game went along I found the missions very tedious. Some of the controls are very awkward (Using special attacks involves R3+Square+R1. Those controls aren't made for human hands) The biggest con is the enemies. Their god-like accuracy is so annoying and it's even worse they're EVERYWHERE so you're being shot at all the time even when you can't see the enemies. It grows tiresome. The story was good and I liked Cole as an antihero but the gameplay was ok and I have no desire to continue playing the series. Expand
  89. Jul 16, 2014
    InFamous has a good concept that should in theory provide lots of exciting gameplay and story opportunities, but unfortunately it was largely squandered. The electric powers that make up this games main mechanic are fun at first, but few are used alk that creatively and the combat is rarely anything special, enemies are easily dispatched yet are also a constant worry as they're allInFamous has a good concept that should in theory provide lots of exciting gameplay and story opportunities, but unfortunately it was largely squandered. The electric powers that make up this games main mechanic are fun at first, but few are used alk that creatively and the combat is rarely anything special, enemies are easily dispatched yet are also a constant worry as they're all shockingly good marksmen, causing this game to suffer from quite severe "who the hell is shooting me?!" syndrome. Add in a city with no life too it, no real landmarks or anything really distinct to it, and you have a somewhat boring by-the-numbers game.

Story wise there's nothing special happening here, it's a barely explored cliché story about a gang controlling a city with a contrived binary morality system which periodically asks you stupid extremes, "would you like to save the baby from the burning building or wait 20 minutes and add barbecue sauce?". The story seems obsessed with sending you into the sewers regularly, which makes an otherwise drab game even more drab.

In short, if you like open world action and superheroes, you may get some fun from this but I'd expect the game to wear out it's welcome for most gamers, I struggled to motivate myself to finish this one. Admittedly this game is fun for the first few hours, I just can't help thinking; yet again, that this same style of game was done better by Spider-man on the PSOne... which for a PS3 game, that's a rather damning sentiment.
  90. LeeA
    Jun 10, 2009
    This is a top notch game. Well thought out story line combined with excellent graphics and game controls that result in the very best sand box/super hero game to date IMO! What few flaws this game presents are minor and are easily lost in the shadow of the action and fun that this game brings to the table.
  91. MAKKOT
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have been pissed off by the demo but this is a problem i have with all the demo around: they never reflects the game as they should.

When i buyed inFamous i was curious to see how the full game could be...and WOW ... this game is really amazing. Frredom, shooting, parkour all in 1 game with spectacular cutscene and funny second missions.
    I really raccomed this game to any gamer around.
  92. JamesM
    Jun 2, 2009
    A very well done game. Story and morality systems are a bit off but the platforming and powers are fun and the sandbox combat works well.
  93. TimG
    Jun 3, 2009
    Looks okay, plays okay, but psychic enemies with perfect aim, almost boring powers with ludicrous limitations, and poor facial animation during 'talk' scenes bring it down hard to the level of 'crap original xbox game from 2000'.
  94. JamesC
    Jun 4, 2009
    Great graphics, great animation, great sound, great gameplay. in FAMOUS is the first open world adventure on the ps3 but already i think it tops GTA. The vast collection of moves and choices required to progress help to create this game what it is and the final relevation on both endings will leave you wanting more.
  95. ViciousOne
    Jun 6, 2009
    I was pleasantly surprised at just how much fun I had playing this game. I remember when I was younger and games used to get me so involved that I would beat them in just a few days and with this game, it was the same. I had trouble putting the controller down until the game was done even though I only wanted more when it was over. The controls are great, the graphics look nice, the I was pleasantly surprised at just how much fun I had playing this game. I remember when I was younger and games used to get me so involved that I would beat them in just a few days and with this game, it was the same. I had trouble putting the controller down until the game was done even though I only wanted more when it was over. The controls are great, the graphics look nice, the gameplay and missions were varied and enjoyable. Now I'm all set to play the whole game again on Evil and eagerly waiting any word on DLC or a sequel. I didn't expect so much from this game but it really delivered. There were things that could have made it better and have more replay value, but it was definitely great while it lasted. I really hope Prototype can at least be just as good if not better. Expand
  96. JavierR.
    May 26, 2009
    Amazing game... birth of a new Hero... or antihero?
  97. HalninetH.
    May 29, 2009
    Very good game, not the most original, but the most fun I've had in an open city since crackdown.
  98. NurK.
    May 30, 2009
    Great game. Haven't yet completed, but have played enough to say that this is an amazing game. The only thing that keeps it from being a 10 is that there a lot of times when you really don't know what direction you're being attacked from if you're not paying close attention to the HUD. I'm doing a "Good" playthrough right now, then will do an "Evil".
  99. TravisT
    May 31, 2009
    Great game overall, some bugs but they take from the innovative and new gameplay. Any reviews below an 8 are obvious bias. Great story-line, gameplay, and great graphics especially since its an open-world game.
  100. billd
    Jun 11, 2009
    Great fun. The game's missions don't get stale. I have played through the game twice now and the side missions are still fun to do. There is a lot of variety. The levelling up system is fun and force you to do the side missions if you want to max out the skills. The nice thing though with the variable missions is that getting points to upgrade your skills doesn't feel like Great fun. The game's missions don't get stale. I have played through the game twice now and the side missions are still fun to do. There is a lot of variety. The levelling up system is fun and force you to do the side missions if you want to max out the skills. The nice thing though with the variable missions is that getting points to upgrade your skills doesn't feel like grinding. This is a great game that everyone should try. If you are into sandbox games do not miss this gem. Expand

Cole's powers are cool, the graphic novel cutscenes are stunning, the story is intriguing, and the city is alive.
    Most importantly, the movement and combat mechanics are fantastic, while the firefights (and the starring role of electricity) are a true spectacle. In this game the city is both your playground and your plaything, and you'll feel like a bad-ass.
    While not wholly original, the game's blend of open world ideals with superhero powers is done with a verve that’s unsurpassed, and the mesh of platforming and freeform combat is uniquely satisfying.