7.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    For starters, i'm not a huge fan of fighting games or comics. The most i know about superheroes come from movies or from other videogames. Although i never really got into fighting games, Mortal Kombat (2011) was one of the best fighting games i've played in a while. So when i heard that Netherrealms was working on a fighting game with some of the most popular superheroes, some that i've heard of and others that i haven't, i was excited. I picked up the game a few days ago and can say that it's a great fighting game!

First thing i played was the single player. I didn't really think about the storyline very much as i was awaiting the game, but when i played it i was surprised at how good it was. It asks a very intriguing question, What would happen if the superheroes that needed to protect us, became our enemies? Even worse considering that one of the superheroes is superman. I don't want to spoil the game, so i'll keep most of it a surprise.
    The only issues that i've found with the story line is that it's pretty short. I was able to finish it in 5 hours. And that's after dying several times. Another issue, and it's really not that big of an issue but some might be annoyed, is that the cutscenes don't look very good. It's weird to see a game in which the actually gameplay and fighting has better graphics than the cutscenes.

The fighting is pretty smooth. If you like the fighting of MK (2011), then this will be very similar. The long crazy combos are possible, but one will have to put a lot of time and effort into practicing. What i did was pick my favorite character and just spent the entire time getting better with them. The reason that picking one character is best is cause each character is completely different. All 24 are broken up to into power and gadget characters. The names are self explanatory. The power characters are slow, but powerful. The gadget characters are quicker and rely on longer range fighting. Although there are two types of fighters, each fighter in one of the groups is different than one another. Flash, a gadget character is very different than joker. Superman is much different than Lex Luthor. Each character also has a "special power". These are unique, although some are similar, and make fighting very exciting. Bane's super power is that he absorbs more Venom into his system, making him temporarily more powerful. Flash has a power in which he slows down time for a short time. So it's easy to see how game play will change depending on who you're fighting.
    Another interesting addition are the supermoves and clashes. When you fill a bar up you have the ability to do a powerful and very violent move that severely damages your opponent. Although some are a bit underwhelming, most are really satisfying. Clashes are pretty simple too. Both you and your enemy wages energy from your bar and whoever wins gains some health and the loser loses health. These change the gameplay up very well. One moment you could have a good lead on you enemy, and the next you're in trouble. This may sound cheap and annoying, but it actually works very well.

One cool addition is the leveling system. You can level up as you fight. Experience points are gained after every fight. From online, to story. As you level up unlock tokens that unlock many different things. From costumes to music. This keeps the life of the game even longer. Which leads to the next thing, STAR labs. These are a set of 250 mini games. These contain many different kinds of games. Some easy, some pretty hard. I spend a pretty good amount of time on some some of them. So far i've only accomplished 40 three stars accomplishments and i've played for the past day. So you can imagine how much time will be put into the rest of them.

In the end i'm really glad i bought the game. I see me playing with friends and strangers online for a long time. Also adding the fact that there aren't many other competing fighting games releasing this year makes Injustice my "go to fighting game". Anybody who buys the game will also be waiting on the 4 DLC characters being released in the next few months.
  2. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is amazing. You don't have to be a huge fan of the DC comics or of fighting games to enjoy this title. It has astonishing visuals, a deep combat system, and to top it all off, a great story that you'll love for sure.
  3. Apr 16, 2013
    I'm a huge comic book fan and this game is exactly what I've been waiting for. I own MK vs DC and this is head and shoulders above that. I've never "pre-bought" a game but I'm soooo glad I did for this one.
  4. Apr 17, 2013
    MK remade beautifully to compliment the Heroes of DC Universe, the story was arguably better then MK and that is no easy goal. I would recomend this game to anyone who loves fighters, DC Comics, and thrilling action
  5. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to
    throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out! Expand
  6. May 4, 2013
    Amazing fighter, same as MK9 the combo system is pretty acomplished and challenging, as it leaves a lot of room for improvisation and style. Gameplay is a little more robust compared to MK9, the clash mechanic is genious, combos can be canceled to downward strikes and level transitions, arenas are interactive and the context is really over the top. Same as MK9 it offers a lot of sidemissions and unlockables to keep you busy, the only The only thing I really frown upon is the need for an online pass, still that shouldn't be detrimental to your experience as it's still great fun Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    Injustice is Super Smash Bros combined with Mortal Kombat!

Excellent fighting game! Great story that pulls you in! Awesome graphics! Well worth $60! I wish it had 3D like MK, but some people are not into 3D. Every character is fun to play with! The single player has ALOT of content and modes!!
  8. Apr 17, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised with the game's story mode. I couldn't put it down and had to complete it before exploring additional parts of the game. The characters were robust. It wasn't just the same main 5 DC characters. NetherRealm was the best choice to develop this game. It's not just a MK remake. It's a great game.
  9. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is a BLAST! While waiting for this game I expected a MK clone wrapped in superheroes but that isnt even close to what this is. The mechanics are much better, not to metion how well the game looks. All the controls are responsive and all the Superheroes and Villians are a hoot to play. As an avid fighting game guru and somebody who read comics as a youngster, this thing is a must have. Even if you dont like fighting games much this is so much fun to play it is a must have. its really neato. Expand
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    I have only put 30 or 40 minutes into this game and really enjoyed it so far. I can honestly say the fighting doesn't feel cheap or rushed. You get multiple health bars to knock down before winning a fight. The fighting moves and controls are good blocking is hit or miss due to timing but not impossible. I only wish they gave us more to play with like create a superhero of your own to fight with and build up skills through challenges. I still give this game a solid 9/10 so far the story is engaging and the fighting is epic. I would give it a 10 if we cool bones breaking crazy like mk gave us but understand dc would not allow that. Expand
  11. Jun 25, 2013
    This is amazing. I am seriously impressed that Warner Bros finally made a great fighting game, especially for DC universe, and no, Warner Bros was never into the fighting (nor any violent) genre. Great job!
  12. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  13. Apr 17, 2013
    Do you dislike fighters? Then maybe not for you? Do you hate Mortal Kombat? Then possibly not for you!

Do you like fighters 'or' Mortal Kombat? If your answer is 'yes' then you will LOVE this game! The story mode is short, which in some senses is a let down, but it 'did' feel complete. The story short as it, is a masterpiece. The entire story I was excited and there is never a boring
    moment!

The games graphics are quite impressive, not the best, but not game breaking that's for sure! The characters look crisp and unique even in comparison to their original designs (in a good way).

The layout of the interface personally I feel they have made it too simple, and "WHERE IS THE RANDOM BUTTON!?" Perhaps I have just not noticed it, but I have tried everything for a random battle[s].

Also if you're into unlocking characters like myself, unfortunately you can not unlock the actual characters, but you do unlock skins. In some cases make the characters completely different in appearance! In a way I prefer this, people can start using any character they want against their friends, but if they want to have the different style of characters, then you will need to unlock them.

This game is easily worth my money! Unlockables, decent graphics, enjoyable story mode and a smooth yet fast fighter!
  14. Apr 16, 2013
    First and foremost, I've never been very good at hardcore fighting games, which Injustice is not. I'm also no avid comic book reader. However, I've loved Mortal Kombat since SNES, and picked this game up based off of NetherRealm's involvement and my interest in superhero lore alone. Fortunately, what I found in Injustice is an incredibly rich fighting game with loads of polish, and to my surprise; a very enjoyable story with decent to sometimes outstanding writing. I even found myself chuckling at the one liners here, as opposed to the usual cringe. The gameplay is responsive and tight, with loads of personality bursting from each character. The bonus material and multiplayer leave massive amounts of re-playability as well. And at the end of the day, it's a blast proving to your friends that your hero (or villain) can beat up theirs. This is the kind of game I always want in my collection. Expand
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    The game has a great story mode and single player content. Gameplay feels unlike and easy to learn, since I don't like fighting games that much. But when I go online some issues are visible, like some lag I experienced and sessions being ended. Best way to avoid this was to play with people with good connection which sometimes finding a good host may be hard. However, this issues weren't that big to ruin the awesome characters and deep and easy-to-learn fighting system. Expand
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    I've never been a fan of superheroes, comics, or any of that stuff. I'm still not. However this game is incredible. Since it was created by NetherRealm, it feels and plays a lot like Mortal Kombat. Batman's grappling hook reminds me of Scorpion, Raven reminds me of Ermac, and there is more but I won't go into all of that.
    The interactive environments play very well into the game and
    are fun to use. It's also fun to knock the opposing combatant out of the stage and into a new part of it. That never gets old lol. Even though there isn't really a "Finish him/her" type of moment, the game is well made and there are a lot of little things in it that just make you not really care if it's there or not.
    The only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because of the ai difficulty when playing the arcade type of mode. Every fighting game seems to have this flaw. No matter what difficulty you put the game at, it gets ridiculously hard at the end. The difficulty just seems to jump to maximum, even if you were to have it on easy. Kind of hard to judge how good you are when easy jumps to insane difficulty.
    Playing on single fight however, the difficulty is well balanced. If you play on Medium, it is actually a decent challenge. If you play on anything lower it's pretty easy. I don't play on hard or higher because I can't react to attacks in the blink of an eye as it seems impossible to do on purpose for me XD.
    So overall the game is amazing. Definitely one of the best fighting games I have ever played.
  17. Jun 22, 2014
    One of the best fighting games i've ever played and probably ever will! Amazing characters, great combat, decent story, good graphics, gameplay - fun!
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is everything a DC comics fan, or just a fan of fighting games in general could ask for. An interesting single player, super fun multiplayer, and tons of costumes and player card pieces to be unlocked by leveling up. Extra costumes for free in game? Unheard of in 2013 I know. As long as the online community is lasting for this game, it'll be remembered as one of the best fighting games of this generation. Expand
  20. May 4, 2013
    This is hands down the best fighting game that i have ever played! Its got an awesome story, awesome bonus missions, awesome battles and its just a freakin fun game to sit down and play with your buddies! Not only is Injustice a love letter to hardcore Justice League fans like myself but also to superhero fans in general!! So if you fall into either of those, do yourself a favor and go pick this one up!! Expand
  21. Apr 27, 2013
    As a DC fan and a person who's played his fair share of fighting games, it's safe to say that I was excited for this game. And my expectations were fully met. In the game's Story Mode, cutscene transitions to gameplay and vice versa so seamlessly it feels like you're watching an actual Justice League movie. The voice acting is top-notch, and a lot of the characters here are voiced by people who voiced them in other media, such as Arkham City's Kevin Conroy returning to voice Batman. The cutscene graphics, especially with the character models could be improved but are still great. The gameplay is relatively easy, especially for avid fighting-gamers, but one complaint I do have is that the block mechanic is kinda hard to pull off, and some of the combos are a little confusing. Nevertheless, INJUSTICE is a great game that I would recommend for DC fans, fighting game fans, and anyone looking for a great fighting game. Expand
  22. May 2, 2013
    Batman, Superman, Bane, Joker, Ares, all of the biggest names in DC Comics is in this game and adding to that is an excellent combat system that for once makes you feel like superhuman, a story mode and other single player content Injustice is one of the best fighters in recent years i cant wait until they make a sequel
  23. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is just awesome, if anyone tells you different then they are LYING TO YOU. First off all, i'm not a fighting game fan, i hated Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat didn't come to aussie shores and Street Fighter 4 just wasn't my game. The fighting is solid, story is awesome (though i may point out the pacing may be a bit off) and the multiplayer is the BEST ever. Plus, it comes with 24 characters Expand
  24. Apr 16, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game to great expectations and most were exceeded! Amazing game, the Joker exceeding my expectation and Aquaman actually became pretty awesome to the public finally!
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, its the answer to all the feedback NRS has to offer, best Fighting game i played, since im a FG player maybe i notice the good things alot more than the average gamer, like the little details, even tough things might get repetitive i give this 10
  26. Apr 24, 2013
    The guys at Netherrealm have done a good job with injustice making it feel diffe
    rent from all the other fighting games on the market with something as simple as using the arena as your weapon. Theres a ton of singleplayer content and the online has been greatly improved since mk with no charecters standing out as over powered.Gameplay is over the top and a lot of fun the only complaint I
    have is the clash system but its not a major thing Expand
  27. Apr 24, 2013
    As a HUGE fan of fighting games, especially of NRS' games, I've got to say Injustice: Gods Among Us did not disappoint. It has very fluid fighting mechanics, amazing visuals, and characters any comic book fan will recognise. Although at first it will feel a bit like 2011's MK, once you get deeper into the game you see that it has it's own mechanics, and is very unique. Overall, quite an amazing game. Expand
  28. Apr 27, 2013
    If you are interested in it, stop reading and buy now. I logged +100 hours into Mortal Kombat. They did ruin the story with alternate universes, but it still is okay. The scenario mode is back, albeit smaller then MK9. The multiplayer has vastly improved from MK9. The minigames are a fun distraction. The wager is a HUGE element that makes you think. If you like fighting games, this is a must buy.
  29. May 10, 2013
    Injustice has it flaws such as the amazing keep away game of deathstroke but its not enough to destroy this gaming experience with a very nice story mode and online that is defiantly an improvement from mk9 and has all the characters we know and love if your a dc fan missing out on this is defiantly injustice to your inner fan
  30. May 30, 2013
    I'm not really into fighting games, but I really enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us. The combat is great and its fun to perform the characters' supermoves and I love beating up Superman as Batman and Joker.
  31. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i like this game i have it
    yay awesome game good game good game 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for me
  32. Nov 7, 2013
    First of all, HIGHLY UNDERRATED! It's just unbelievable how mild the reviews were for this game. The gameplay feels great, visuals and sounds are just amazing and the storyline, following the Justice League Doom movie is awesome. You see, in just a couple of lines I have used about 4 adjectives for it. Let me put it plain and simple; if you like Mortal Kombat, you'll love this.
  33. Mar 2, 2014
    Brings me back to my younger days playing snes classic fighters. Nothing super new here, just a really fun game that looks great. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  34. Jun 18, 2014
    gudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

1. A promising story mode gets smothered under a heap of weighty confrontations mired with incredibly melodramatic dialogues. DC Comics has always had a thing for brooding heroes, but some light at the end of the tunnel would have been fun. [May 2013, p.70]
  2. May 31, 2013
    Being a NetherRealm Studios production, it has a tendency to flirt with the superfluous, but there’s tasty meat to be found in the core combat even if not all of its mechanics mesh perfectly together.
  3. May 27, 2013
    A wonderful treat for comic book fans and a pretty decent fighting game to boot. [Issue#231, p.70]