7.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    For starters, i'm not a huge fan of fighting games or comics. The most i know about superheroes come from movies or from other videogames. Although i never really got into fighting games, Mortal Kombat (2011) was one of the best fighting games i've played in a while. So when i heard that Netherrealms was working on a fighting game with some of the most popular superheroes, some that i've heard of and others that i haven't, i was excited. I picked up the game a few days ago and can say that it's a great fighting game!

First thing i played was the single player. I didn't really think about the storyline very much as i was awaiting the game, but when i played it i was surprised at how good it was. It asks a very intriguing question, What would happen if the superheroes that needed to protect us, became our enemies? Even worse considering that one of the superheroes is superman. I don't want to spoil the game, so i'll keep most of it a surprise.
    The only issues that i've found with the story line is that it's pretty short. I was able to finish it in 5 hours. And that's after dying several times. Another issue, and it's really not that big of an issue but some might be annoyed, is that the cutscenes don't look very good. It's weird to see a game in which the actually gameplay and fighting has better graphics than the cutscenes.

The fighting is pretty smooth. If you like the fighting of MK (2011), then this will be very similar. The long crazy combos are possible, but one will have to put a lot of time and effort into practicing. What i did was pick my favorite character and just spent the entire time getting better with them. The reason that picking one character is best is cause each character is completely different. All 24 are broken up to into power and gadget characters. The names are self explanatory. The power characters are slow, but powerful. The gadget characters are quicker and rely on longer range fighting. Although there are two types of fighters, each fighter in one of the groups is different than one another. Flash, a gadget character is very different than joker. Superman is much different than Lex Luthor. Each character also has a "special power". These are unique, although some are similar, and make fighting very exciting. Bane's super power is that he absorbs more Venom into his system, making him temporarily more powerful. Flash has a power in which he slows down time for a short time. So it's easy to see how game play will change depending on who you're fighting.
    Another interesting addition are the supermoves and clashes. When you fill a bar up you have the ability to do a powerful and very violent move that severely damages your opponent. Although some are a bit underwhelming, most are really satisfying. Clashes are pretty simple too. Both you and your enemy wages energy from your bar and whoever wins gains some health and the loser loses health. These change the gameplay up very well. One moment you could have a good lead on you enemy, and the next you're in trouble. This may sound cheap and annoying, but it actually works very well.

One cool addition is the leveling system. You can level up as you fight. Experience points are gained after every fight. From online, to story. As you level up unlock tokens that unlock many different things. From costumes to music. This keeps the life of the game even longer. Which leads to the next thing, STAR labs. These are a set of 250 mini games. These contain many different kinds of games. Some easy, some pretty hard. I spend a pretty good amount of time on some some of them. So far i've only accomplished 40 three stars accomplishments and i've played for the past day. So you can imagine how much time will be put into the rest of them.

In the end i'm really glad i bought the game. I see me playing with friends and strangers online for a long time. Also adding the fact that there aren't many other competing fighting games releasing this year makes Injustice my "go to fighting game". Anybody who buys the game will also be waiting on the 4 DLC characters being released in the next few months.
  2. Apr 17, 2013
    As a gamer who has very seldom played any fighting-style game, I didn't expect much for Injustice: Gods Among Us. However, it delivered both surprisingly fun game-play, and an engaging storyline with characters that comic book fans have come love. Even if you don't know much about DC lore, the story stands alone from the rest of the DC universe and it isn't hard to keep up, especially when a battle is just around the corner from a cut-scene. It keeps the gamer on the edge of their seat wondering "what super-human am I going to be matched up with next?". If you're a fan of the DC universe, or comics in general, the story-mode is a satisfying breath of fresh air that goes to show that the industry still aims to please it's fans, and can still deliver.

When it comes to the game-play, each fight is satisfying and enjoyable. Each character has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and it's fun to find all of them out. I really liked how each character has it's own animations and voice. It makes it feel like you're in control of the individual, instead of having the same animations and grunts that take away individuality, whether it be with Superman's laser beams or The Joker's laughing gas. I find the controls somewhat clunky and also too challenging for a beginner. Precision is key to landing moves and combos which leads to frustration when I'm trying to land a devastating combo and it doesn't work out. These issues, however, are easily overlooked. When a combo is landed and a chunk is taken out of an enemy's health bar, it is very satisfying.

Even if you aren't a fan of fighting games or comics, the story for Injustice: Gods Among Us is engaging and fun to follow and the characters are charismatic and easy to fall in love with. I wish I could master every single one. Although the controls are challenging and tough to get used to if you're a beginner, they are easy to work around with everything else the game has to offer. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of comic books and fighting games. If you're not, this is the game that could definitely get you into both.
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is straight up fan service, boasting an impressive roster of popular as well as lesser known characters from the DC Universe. The good? If you're looking for a fighting game with a comic book bent this year, look no further this is your game. The bad? Well, there are quite a few. The fighting system is fun and accessible, but doesn't feel very deep and I think that in about a week the interest in this title will wane. Second, my biggest gripe about this game is the explanation it gives for how Superman and Batman are able to fight each other fairly. It's absolutely ridiculous. And it's not like this is the first time NetherRealm's had to address it they did an awesome job explaining it away in MK vs DCU by saying that "magic" had levelled the playing field a plot device that had been used before in the comics many times as well. The explanation this time around in Injustice is absurd and doesn't do anything to explain how a guard's bullets can't hurt the joker while Harlequin's, for example, can. If they had used the "magic" explanation this time around, no one would have batted and eye and we could have all gone on our merry way to playing the game and not caring. It's messy and weird. The cinematics in the Story Mode, as well, are also poor both technically and in terms of story telling. They're just hard to watch and it's jarring to see the transition from lower res, lower framerate cinematics to the crisp presentation of the in-game graphics. Almost all of the characters in the game are represented well except for, surprisingly, Superman himself who just kind of looks weird. These are some gaffes that are detracting from the title's quality and definitely a step down from NetherRealm's superb 2011 Mortal Kombat a game that seems to be running on all pistons in practically every department. There's definitely some fun to be had here, but not 60 dollars worth of fun. If you're hell bent on picking up a fighting game this season and don't already have them, check out Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and 2011's Mortal Kombat. And if you already have them, consider picking up their DLC. If you have THOSE, then wait until the summer time to pick up Injustice, but try to find out if anyone is still playing by then it before you do. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    This is one of the first fighting games that I have picked up in a while and boy is it something. Everything about this game is extremely well polished. combat is responsive and fluid (and not to mention fun). The game is much akin to that of the new Mortal Kombat (after all it is made by the same team) but with less blood and lost limbs. Story mode is a blast and really engaging. you will not be lost for content either as there is the main story, 240 challenge games and many unlockables. I have yet to play online, but if it plays anything like the main game, it should be a hoot. Definitely worth checking out Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    Singleplayer game is very good Better or comparable to the other mortal kombat games But online play has issues I always get "game session no longer available" error message as with other nethearrealm games. Online gaming is very ping sensitive.
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is amazing. You don't have to be a huge fan of the DC comics or of fighting games to enjoy this title. It has astonishing visuals, a deep combat system, and to top it all off, a great story that you'll love for sure.
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    I'm a huge comic book fan and this game is exactly what I've been waiting for. I own MK vs DC and this is head and shoulders above that. I've never "pre-bought" a game but I'm soooo glad I did for this one.
  8. Apr 17, 2013
    MK remade beautifully to compliment the Heroes of DC Universe, the story was arguably better then MK and that is no easy goal. I would recomend this game to anyone who loves fighters, DC Comics, and thrilling action
  9. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to
    throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out! Expand
  10. May 4, 2013
    Injustice is a very cool game. It's not the best in the genre, nor the most original, but it delivers it. I must say I was expecting more, though. I mean, the cast of characters is great and it does have a surprisingly interesting (although a bit crazy) story and a lot of fun to be had either solo or with friend(s). The gameplay is pretty basic, somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat (but simpler), the graphics are ok and I do love the soundtrack and effects. It misses something, though. I just don't know what it is. Being a DC heroes/villains brawler it could be... I don't know, more epic. After a while you just realize it's just another fighting game. But a good one, very good one, nevertheless. Expand
  11. May 4, 2013
    Amazing fighter, same as MK9 the combo system is pretty acomplished and challenging, as it leaves a lot of room for improvisation and style. Gameplay is a little more robust compared to MK9, the clash mechanic is genious, combos can be canceled to downward strikes and level transitions, arenas are interactive and the context is really over the top. Same as MK9 it offers a lot of sidemissions and unlockables to keep you busy, the only The only thing I really frown upon is the need for an online pass, still that shouldn't be detrimental to your experience as it's still great fun Expand
  12. Apr 16, 2013
    Injustice is Super Smash Bros combined with Mortal Kombat!

Excellent fighting game! Great story that pulls you in! Awesome graphics! Well worth $60! I wish it had 3D like MK, but some people are not into 3D. Every character is fun to play with! The single player has ALOT of content and modes!!
  13. Apr 17, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised with the game's story mode. I couldn't put it down and had to complete it before exploring additional parts of the game. The characters were robust. It wasn't just the same main 5 DC characters. NetherRealm was the best choice to develop this game. It's not just a MK remake. It's a great game.
  14. May 3, 2013
    "On paper" Injustice looks insanely fun: all this destructible arenas, superheroes with super-moves, story-mode... But in fact it's a pure combo-nerdness. Game is good, but I am afraid that if it will be someone's first fighting-game experience that man will stay away from this genre for a long time. There is good tutorial, animation frames info and other stuff, but gameplay feels unrewarding and lacks of fun. Expand
  15. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is a BLAST! While waiting for this game I expected a MK clone wrapped in superheroes but that isnt even close to what this is. The mechanics are much better, not to metion how well the game looks. All the controls are responsive and all the Superheroes and Villians are a hoot to play. As an avid fighting game guru and somebody who read comics as a youngster, this thing is a must have. Even if you dont like fighting games much this is so much fun to play it is a must have. its really neato. Expand
  16. May 4, 2013
    In a nutshell Injustice does its job to an amazing standard. As once you master one of the superhero/villain characters you'll feel as powerful as you'd imagine they would. The first thing I do want to mention though is the story. While its passable, I actually found the prequel comics plot much stronger and enjoyable then the finished game. Not only this, but the game resorts to cliches to keep it going which is annoying. The actual fighting is solid. If you liked mortal kombat or dead or alive 5, you'll love this. It feels responsive and powerful(although the environment transitions where better in DoA5). In particular, the sound immerses you in. It creates more impact then the visuals. Which is saying something, as the visuals are also great. My only issue with the combat was the power buttons. Some of these made certain character almost way overpowered, such as Lex Luther, Doomsday, Bane, Black Adam. Notice a trend? Yep. All villains. The amount of modes here is enough to keep you interested for a long time, although I would recommend DoA5 more. Expand
  17. Oct 13, 2013
    While it is really fun, like most fighting games it'll get pretty repetitive after a while. Still seeing the joker get punched through a building never gets old and you don't have to be a DC fan to enjoy it. Some of the characters on the roster seem like strange choices (Killer Frost? Shazam?) and the fact that Scorpion is the only good character on the season pass is a little frustrating. All in all though a really good fighting game. Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2013
    Fighting games don't have such a big crowd anymore, and clearly not that many people understand the technical side of this game as it's nearly perfect. The different moves, combos, systems and strategies in this game puts even giants like Street Fighter to shame.
    Other than that, the sound is great, because most of the voice actors have voiced the characters before (Batman, Harley Quinn)
    and the music is epic and fitting.
    The graphics are OK, some textures are bad, some cutscene animations are awkward, but in mid fight, they're actually pretty good.
    This game has a lot of content (S.T.A.R. Labs are a blast, good online support) and the only flaws are small. The story's good, the fighting's good, a strong 8.0 and probably my fighting game of the year.
    - Naked_Cake
  19. Apr 19, 2013
    I think this videogame defines the term "snack videogame".Or in another words not the main meal.At first glance who wouldn't give a chance to play with their favorite childhood DC characters like Superman ,Batman,Green Latern,The Joker and so on.But the price is sometimes to high to bear with:Could Night Wing beat up Superman????Or futhermore Doomsday?????[for the ones who're not familiar with DC universe, Doomsday killed Superman] now replace Nightwing with Aquaman,WTF????
    If this situation wasn't obnoxious enough,I can't say how much I hate the Minerva suit,like the people so much hated the one from the movie that was never released.Gameplay is exactly like Mortal Kombat and somethimes feels like deja vu ,you know because doesn't have fatalities,that in any case would be more absurd to imagine,more than is nowadays,fortunately enough they removed Mortal Kombat characters that made things very absurd before.The stages are cool but I can't say the same about the graphics.
    Those who already played,Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkahm City know what I mean.
    But oh well those two were a pair of aces meanwhile this game could be as near as a single seven.The history is just very cliche but what you can expect from a snack videogame?
    And finally I can say that Fighting games don't have a high replay value but this injustice is even less, which is the exact term for a "snack videogame",and like the snacks between meals, just leave you waiting for the real thing,that could be the most anticipated games of the year or in a distant future: Mortal Kombat 2 maybe?Or a new Batman Rocksteady videogame?Or street fighter vs Capcom?Well only get it if you have the money to spare,rent it first and if you doubt just wait for a real meal.
  20. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since playing mortal kombat at a young age i loved fighting games. Injustice bring us our fravourite DC characters all round the good, the bad and lobo ahhahhahaah. A great plot in the story seeing a possible world where superman ruled. A awesome list of moves providing enough combos to knock any one out. Expand
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    I have only put 30 or 40 minutes into this game and really enjoyed it so far. I can honestly say the fighting doesn't feel cheap or rushed. You get multiple health bars to knock down before winning a fight. The fighting moves and controls are good blocking is hit or miss due to timing but not impossible. I only wish they gave us more to play with like create a superhero of your own to fight with and build up skills through challenges. I still give this game a solid 9/10 so far the story is engaging and the fighting is epic. I would give it a 10 if we cool bones breaking crazy like mk gave us but understand dc would not allow that. Expand
  22. Jun 25, 2013
    This is amazing. I am seriously impressed that Warner Bros finally made a great fighting game, especially for DC universe, and no, Warner Bros was never into the fighting (nor any violent) genre. Great job!
  23. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  24. Apr 17, 2013
    Do you dislike fighters? Then maybe not for you? Do you hate Mortal Kombat? Then possibly not for you!

Do you like fighters 'or' Mortal Kombat? If your answer is 'yes' then you will LOVE this game! The story mode is short, which in some senses is a let down, but it 'did' feel complete. The story short as it, is a masterpiece. The entire story I was excited and there is never a boring
    moment!

The games graphics are quite impressive, not the best, but not game breaking that's for sure! The characters look crisp and unique even in comparison to their original designs (in a good way).

The layout of the interface personally I feel they have made it too simple, and "WHERE IS THE RANDOM BUTTON!?" Perhaps I have just not noticed it, but I have tried everything for a random battle[s].

Also if you're into unlocking characters like myself, unfortunately you can not unlock the actual characters, but you do unlock skins. In some cases make the characters completely different in appearance! In a way I prefer this, people can start using any character they want against their friends, but if they want to have the different style of characters, then you will need to unlock them.

This game is easily worth my money! Unlockables, decent graphics, enjoyable story mode and a smooth yet fast fighter!
  25. May 30, 2013
    This game is an absolute love letter to nerds like me. The MK-style fighting works well and characters and backgrounds look great. The story isn't very long, maybe 5 hours or so, but it's silly, comic book-ish fun and there is plenty to keep you going after the story is done. If you enjoy fighting games or superheroes, I have to imagine you'll have some fun with this game.
  26. Apr 16, 2013
    First and foremost, I've never been very good at hardcore fighting games, which Injustice is not. I'm also no avid comic book reader. However, I've loved Mortal Kombat since SNES, and picked this game up based off of NetherRealm's involvement and my interest in superhero lore alone. Fortunately, what I found in Injustice is an incredibly rich fighting game with loads of polish, and to my surprise; a very enjoyable story with decent to sometimes outstanding writing. I even found myself chuckling at the one liners here, as opposed to the usual cringe. The gameplay is responsive and tight, with loads of personality bursting from each character. The bonus material and multiplayer leave massive amounts of re-playability as well. And at the end of the day, it's a blast proving to your friends that your hero (or villain) can beat up theirs. This is the kind of game I always want in my collection. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is from the same creative team that brought us the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat, but will it be just as good? Just like Mortal Kombat, Injustice has a full fledged campaign where you play a certain amount of battles as one character than switch to another. The story is actually really fun in that comic book way, they manage to put all these DC superheroes in one cohesive story. The game play keeps all the great things from Mortal Kombat but adds new stuff to keep the formula fresh. Each fighter has their own unique special move, also there are stage transitions and the player can interact with objects in the background. Online battles run smoothly and their are enough game types to keep you interested for awhile. The cutscenes in the story are a bit sloppy but the graphics during battles are pretty and good looking. In the end, Injustice might not be as good as Mortal Kombat, but is still a great fighting game for any DC Comics fan. Expand
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    The game has a great story mode and single player content. Gameplay feels unlike and easy to learn, since I don't like fighting games that much. But when I go online some issues are visible, like some lag I experienced and sessions being ended. Best way to avoid this was to play with people with good connection which sometimes finding a good host may be hard. However, this issues weren't that big to ruin the awesome characters and deep and easy-to-learn fighting system. Expand
  29. May 25, 2014
    Very slow; - Bad balance; -Poor combos; - One animation intro morning, furious; - Super-boring beats boring; + Frame-date in the game; + Arena higher quality than in the MK;
    + Lots of bonuses (but why would they need if fighting disastrous?).
  30. Apr 26, 2013
    I've never been a fan of superheroes, comics, or any of that stuff. I'm still not. However this game is incredible. Since it was created by NetherRealm, it feels and plays a lot like Mortal Kombat. Batman's grappling hook reminds me of Scorpion, Raven reminds me of Ermac, and there is more but I won't go into all of that.
    The interactive environments play very well into the game and
    are fun to use. It's also fun to knock the opposing combatant out of the stage and into a new part of it. That never gets old lol. Even though there isn't really a "Finish him/her" type of moment, the game is well made and there are a lot of little things in it that just make you not really care if it's there or not.
    The only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because of the ai difficulty when playing the arcade type of mode. Every fighting game seems to have this flaw. No matter what difficulty you put the game at, it gets ridiculously hard at the end. The difficulty just seems to jump to maximum, even if you were to have it on easy. Kind of hard to judge how good you are when easy jumps to insane difficulty.
    Playing on single fight however, the difficulty is well balanced. If you play on Medium, it is actually a decent challenge. If you play on anything lower it's pretty easy. I don't play on hard or higher because I can't react to attacks in the blink of an eye as it seems impossible to do on purpose for me XD.
    So overall the game is amazing. Definitely one of the best fighting games I have ever played.
  31. Jun 22, 2014
    One of the best fighting games i've ever played and probably ever will! Amazing characters, great combat, decent story, good graphics, gameplay - fun!
  32. Jun 26, 2013
    Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  33. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is everything a DC comics fan, or just a fan of fighting games in general could ask for. An interesting single player, super fun multiplayer, and tons of costumes and player card pieces to be unlocked by leveling up. Extra costumes for free in game? Unheard of in 2013 I know. As long as the online community is lasting for this game, it'll be remembered as one of the best fighting games of this generation. Expand
  34. May 4, 2013
    This is hands down the best fighting game that i have ever played! Its got an awesome story, awesome bonus missions, awesome battles and its just a freakin fun game to sit down and play with your buddies! Not only is Injustice a love letter to hardcore Justice League fans like myself but also to superhero fans in general!! So if you fall into either of those, do yourself a favor and go pick this one up!! Expand
  35. Apr 27, 2013
    As a DC fan and a person who's played his fair share of fighting games, it's safe to say that I was excited for this game. And my expectations were fully met. In the game's Story Mode, cutscene transitions to gameplay and vice versa so seamlessly it feels like you're watching an actual Justice League movie. The voice acting is top-notch, and a lot of the characters here are voiced by people who voiced them in other media, such as Arkham City's Kevin Conroy returning to voice Batman. The cutscene graphics, especially with the character models could be improved but are still great. The gameplay is relatively easy, especially for avid fighting-gamers, but one complaint I do have is that the block mechanic is kinda hard to pull off, and some of the combos are a little confusing. Nevertheless, INJUSTICE is a great game that I would recommend for DC fans, fighting game fans, and anyone looking for a great fighting game. Expand
  36. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who doesn't usually like arcade fighting games, I've been getting a lot of enjoyment from Injustice. I bought it just so I could play as my favorite DC characters, and the game manages to deliver their might and personalities beautifully. I wasn't expecting much of a story (lets face it, stand-and-fight games aren't known for their award winning stories), however Injustice tries to break this cycle by telling a pretty entertaining story that also explains why everyone is fighting each other— cudos to the developer for even including a story. This is a great game that any DC fan should pick up. Expand
  37. May 2, 2013
    Batman, Superman, Bane, Joker, Ares, all of the biggest names in DC Comics is in this game and adding to that is an excellent combat system that for once makes you feel like superhuman, a story mode and other single player content Injustice is one of the best fighters in recent years i cant wait until they make a sequel
  38. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is just awesome, if anyone tells you different then they are LYING TO YOU. First off all, i'm not a fighting game fan, i hated Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat didn't come to aussie shores and Street Fighter 4 just wasn't my game. The fighting is solid, story is awesome (though i may point out the pacing may be a bit off) and the multiplayer is the BEST ever. Plus, it comes with 24 characters Expand
  39. Apr 16, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game to great expectations and most were exceeded! Amazing game, the Joker exceeding my expectation and Aquaman actually became pretty awesome to the public finally!
  40. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, its the answer to all the feedback NRS has to offer, best Fighting game i played, since im a FG player maybe i notice the good things alot more than the average gamer, like the little details, even tough things might get repetitive i give this 10
  41. Apr 21, 2013
    This is the DC version of Marvel Vs Capcom, which is ironically what I traded in for this game. If you're into fighter games, like me, and you like a challenge, you will be disappointed. If you're younger, or just looking for casual fun, you'll probably find it here. MK fans will be disappointed by the clumsy controls, and simplicity of the moves, which reminds you, you are much older than their target audience, and will make you feel ancient. Beating your opponent is the least climactic event you could imagine, probably because they were worried about creating arguments between the younger audience, which is inevitable with fighters so not a terrible idea; but it's pretty lame to see your opponent slump over like he did one too many, rather than being unconscious after a hard earned win. Although the wins don't seem too hard earned to begin with since the game breaks down into a button mash fest, when you can dodge enough projectiles to reach your opponent that is. The character animations are true to their roots, but look ridiculous. For example Superman floats around everywhere like a Casper the Ghost comic, and Batman walks around with one fist held back like he's in a perpetual state of 'why I outta'. It's not a terrible game, the interactive levels are cool, and I would like to see them in the next MK. The story is surprisingly enjoyable, even if the graphics are surprisingly subpar. Not helping the simplicity and clumsiness of the controls they replaced the block button, without the option of changing it, to just holding back, which in my opinion is the biggest flaw in the game. Watching your opponent swinging wildly at you as you hold down and back, and hope it registers as a block when you're hit, is a real regression as far as fighters go. It's like the they took the game seriously, but just didn't have their heart in it. It's a game I would enjoy playing with my younger cousins, and it's always fun to be Batman, but I would be surprised to see anyone playing it in a month. If you like MvC you might really enjoy it, if you like MK you might really not. Expand
  42. Apr 23, 2013
    You can read my review of the PS3 version of "Injustice: Gods Among Us" here http://geektasticfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/injustice-gods-among-us.html
  43. Apr 24, 2013
    The guys at Netherrealm have done a good job with injustice making it feel diffe
    rent from all the other fighting games on the market with something as simple as using the arena as your weapon. Theres a ton of singleplayer content and the online has been greatly improved since mk with no charecters standing out as over powered.Gameplay is over the top and a lot of fun the only complaint I
    have is the clash system but its not a major thing Expand
  44. Apr 24, 2013
    Injustice is an amazing game, with pretty much all your favorite DC Comics heroes, but I am just going to focus on the things I dislike. And this review will be short and sweet.
    1. The iOS unlocks. WHAT IF WE DON'T HAVE AN iDevice? 2. The game does not automatically pause if your controller dies and you need to charge. 3. NO TAG TEAM MODE! And those are about all I can think of at this
    moment in time. Expand
  45. Apr 29, 2013
    Injustice is a very good game combined with the DC charecters and the fighting mechanics of netherrealm studios this game was abviously going to be a hit if your into DC comics or fighting games in general. One thing I did not like was the fact that doomsday's special makes him almost invincible for a bit but that's to be expected I guess. Injustice has a great story which I won't spoil the story only took me I believe 4 hours which I guess is okay but with the amount of extras I do feel they could have put a little more effort to the story. Another thing is the battles while I did enjoy the battles I do which instead of slideshows with narration they had made each charecters battle endings into movies or at the very least longer slideshows. The gameplay itself is good its a bit different from mortal kombat but that's not saying its a bad thing. One thing I wish they had was varations in super moves unless your tolarent of that i can see where it would be annoying. Level transactions are not new but I do like them in this game along with the environmental interactions which I found to be very helpful or very damaging. Something that should be mentioned if you've never seen Bane outside dark knight rises something's going to be off. I like the online mode and like anyone else I did run into some problems but I love king of the hill mode and it is done very well. For fans of DC or fighting games this is a must buy and you will get past the games faults once you really get into the game. 8/10 Expand
  46. Apr 24, 2013
    As a HUGE fan of fighting games, especially of NRS' games, I've got to say Injustice: Gods Among Us did not disappoint. It has very fluid fighting mechanics, amazing visuals, and characters any comic book fan will recognise. Although at first it will feel a bit like 2011's MK, once you get deeper into the game you see that it has it's own mechanics, and is very unique. Overall, quite an amazing game. Collapse
  47. Apr 25, 2013
    I've never been a huge fan of fighters as i felt there just was never that much meat in the overall package. But this is a damn fun game... the story while a little hard to swallow even for a comic book tale, still managed to be more involving than standard fighting fare. The DC roster is represented very well and each characters moves and combos fit in well with their specific traits. Super fun to see alot of fan boy fights between heroes and villains come to fruition. A very solid game and im super glad i decided to pick it up. Comes highly recommended Expand
  48. Apr 25, 2013
    This game gets way too much praise. WAY too much. The characters are unbalanced so what's the point of the multiple cast? Why play my favourite hero if he's nowhere near as good as Deadshot or Sinestro? And the game insists on not letting the player (who payed $60) play the game. Why would Ed Boon agree to this? When losing a match you have to sit and watch the game (AI or not) taunt you for a good 3 to 5 minutes before you're allowed to do anything. This applies to Grundy's grapples that never seem to end as well. And why are Grundy and Doomsday allowed moments where attacks don't interrupt their movement or actions? I understand that's their character and they're the Strength types but that takes the point out of gadget and speed characters like Flash or Nightwing whose design is focused on such strategy? This is horrible horrible game design and it seems intentional. This is a simple problem to fix, many fighters have done so way before all this next-gen nonsense so why are some characters simply better than others? Bias or lack of testing? Either way is unacceptable to be placed on the market. Expand
  49. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GREAT story, EVEN better Fighter game!.

The fighting in this game is polished to no end I believe. The interaction with the environment is amazing, & the fighters themselfs fight like you think they should. Lex luthor is heavy, Slow attacks but powerful. While death stroke & wounder woman fight like butter.

The story was good, sub par for me though. I was on the edge of my seat at the start of this game, The super heros really went bad?! Nope, its a fricken Multi-verse... OVER DONE.
  50. Apr 26, 2013
    My collector's statue had a bad imperfection, and im convinced my game is broken as alot of the the combos wont work even tho im doing them and have played fighters before. My friends havent had issues so it may be just my copy. All ik is its made it really hard to get thru the story mode. Poor experience with it which im sad, but i will admit the graphics look great.
  51. Apr 27, 2013
    If you are interested in it, stop reading and buy now. I logged +100 hours into Mortal Kombat. They did ruin the story with alternate universes, but it still is okay. The scenario mode is back, albeit smaller then MK9. The multiplayer has vastly improved from MK9. The minigames are a fun distraction. The wager is a HUGE element that makes you think. If you like fighting games, this is a must buy.
  52. May 10, 2013
    Injustice has it flaws such as the amazing keep away game of deathstroke but its not enough to destroy this gaming experience with a very nice story mode and online that is defiantly an improvement from mk9 and has all the characters we know and love if your a dc fan missing out on this is defiantly injustice to your inner fan
  53. May 13, 2013
    Great story and idea. Great variety of characters. WORST FIGHTING ENGINE EVER MADE!!! HORRIBLY UNBALANCED CHARACTERS AND FIGHTING!!! POOR HIT DETECTION!!! The injustice is that we can't force the company to take it back and make it worth the money. Glad I sold it back. ]xp
  54. May 30, 2013
    I'm not really into fighting games, but I really enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us. The combat is great and its fun to perform the characters' supermoves and I love beating up Superman as Batman and Joker.
  55. Jun 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Multiplayer is kinda limited,In terms of characters would've loved to see more.Single player will keep you entertained for hours epecially the b.a.t.t.l.e labs missions they are interesting and somewhat challenging overall iid say you will thoughly enjoy it. Expand
  56. Jun 14, 2013
    Injustice Gods among us is great fighting game especially if you're a fan of fighting games and superheroes like me but what disappoints me is that it lacks creativity they could've added more but it's still a good game because it got three aspects that should be in every fighting game 1. Story the story in the game was like you're watching movie in every cutscene but still it has good writing

2. Multiplayer

Multiplayer in the game is great. it has a good lobby system

3. Good Characters

They picked a great selection of characters and very balanced in the fighting

All in all Injustice is a great game
    If you're a fan of fighting games like Mortal Kombat and a fan of DC
    you should definitely pick this up
  57. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is not your average fighter. Well..... maybe it is. It's kinda both. It's a lot like Mortal Kombat, but... well, not. It may be developed by Netherrealm, the developers of MK9, but it's a lot more different than you would imagine. It features DC characters that in no way mirror Mortal Kombat characters. There are references to the franchise, such as Batman grappling an enemy and saying 'Get down here', ala Scorpion. This game could have been a copy of the disastrous Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, but it isn't, thank god. It's so much better. The graphics and character models are outstanding, and so are the mechanics, though slightly lagging behind Mortal Kombat's mechanics. It has a huge roster of characters, From Superman to Cyborg to Deathstroke to Wonder Woman. There are, however, some downsides to this game. There are a few characters that I would've liked to see in this game that weren't, like Martian Manhunter or Beast Boy. Also, the story isn't as long as Mortal Kombat's story was. Some of the animations get old, like the super moves and outro/intro screens. Another downside is that some of the costumes in the game aren't easy to get. I mean that a lot of the costumes aren't unlocked through challenges. This kinda turned me off. However, if you're a DC comics fan, fighting game fan, or somebody who likes to have a ton of fun with friends, this is the game for you. Fighting with friends in this game is outrageously fun. I recommend this game with pride. Expand
  58. Apr 17, 2014
    Though it's no Marvel vs. Capcom in terms of appeal and it's definitely not Batman: Arkham City on a universal scale, creator Ed Boon continues with what he achieved with his 2011 reboot of the Mortal Kombat franchise, which is reinvigorate the flailing fighting game genre -- at least at a beginner's scale. Injustice: Gods Among Us looks good, feels good, and has a pretty good chance of garnering enough attention to make it a mainstay for the long run.

Pros? The DC universe makes an exceptionally excellent entrance into the fighting universe; excellently executed characters and impressive roster, which features fan service at its finest with the variety of characters it offers, including DLC characters such as Mortal Kombat's Scorpion; fantastic visuals, especially during the cinematic special move sequences; overall great mechanics; an engaging story mode, in spite of being cheesy and underwritten, that you don't get much in the fighting genre. Cons? It's mainly geared to casual gamers, unless you're content with winning with cheap shots; some imbalanced mechanics as well; as always, there's a lack of ambition in the singe player experience, which creates for less replay value.
  59. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i like this game i have it
    yay awesome game good game good game 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for me
  60. Jul 31, 2013
    Where do I start with Injustice? The addictive gameplay? The great and growing roster? Or the good (not amazing though) story?

Well I have to say I have spent a lot of time on Injustice and the fighting is fast, fluid and very addictive. These heroes and villain going at it is a thing of beauty. I guess I shouldn't expect less from the Kreators (yes i meant to spell it with a "K") of
    Mortal Kombat. You want to see Batman grab his enemies with his famous grapple gun? Got it. You want to have Superman punch his enemies into orbit and then pummel them back to Earth? It's here. Injustice boasts a satisfying roster with a lot of famous faces and from what I hear, they just keep adding up. The sweet super moves are a welcome addition by the way.

The story is good, it really feels like I wasn't just watching cutscenes but it's like reading a comic but I felt like the writers had the potential to do better. It was decent and fun but I don't see myself playing through it a second time.

To conclude, Injustice a dynamic and addictive fighter which has the potential to compete with the best fighting games out there. If ever this game receives a sequel, I suggest they take the stuff that made this one successful and add to it. For example, have them do more than just one super move like what Super Street Fighter 4 did. Also, add a tag mode. That would add some spice to it. Great job Nether Realms and DC. Thumbs up.
  61. Aug 28, 2013
    As a comic fan I liked the game. As a fighting game fan... i was only moderately impressed. I love the direction fighting games are going with the story mode that makes you play multiple characters. Injustice does some really amazing interactions with the environments that force you to stay on your toes. Unfortunately the combat itself is just so stiff. If you're of the mind that MK is the best fighting game of all time... then you'll love Injustice. If you're a Street Fighter or Tekken fan... you may find it a little flat. Also... I'm not really a fan of how they throw the DLC in your face, when you start its like give us an extra $20 for skins and players. Expand
  62. Nov 7, 2013
    First of all, HIGHLY UNDERRATED! It's just unbelievable how mild the reviews were for this game. The gameplay feels great, visuals and sounds are just amazing and the storyline, following the Justice League Doom movie is awesome. You see, in just a couple of lines I have used about 4 adjectives for it. Let me put it plain and simple; if you like Mortal Kombat, you'll love this.
  63. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. injustice is a great fighting game that every one that is interested in fighting games should play in my opinion...decent story mode (for a fighter) and very nice and balanced gameplay you can play as your favorite characters of the dc universe....the only 2 characters that break a little the balance of the game is scorpion and superman but it is still balanced a thing that is very important for the online experience of a fighting game the mechanics are great (little difficult to get used to at the star if you haven't played MK before and in general is a very deep figher that takes efford to get good at overall a great fighter that i play very often and enjoy very much Expand
  64. Feb 22, 2014
    Decent fighting game. Story is pretty weak. I'm not a huge fan of this type of 1 vs. 1 fighting style like this. The story takes about 3-4 hours to beat. Graphics are okay nothing special. However, a lot of the moves and combos are pretty sic!
  65. Mar 2, 2014
    Brings me back to my younger days playing snes classic fighters. Nothing super new here, just a really fun game that looks great. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  66. Jun 18, 2014
    gudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  67. Apr 24, 2013

1. A promising story mode gets smothered under a heap of weighty confrontations mired with incredibly melodramatic dialogues. DC Comics has always had a thing for brooding heroes, but some light at the end of the tunnel would have been fun. [May 2013, p.70]
  2. May 31, 2013
    Being a NetherRealm Studios production, it has a tendency to flirt with the superfluous, but there’s tasty meat to be found in the core combat even if not all of its mechanics mesh perfectly together.
  3. May 27, 2013
    A wonderful treat for comic book fans and a pretty decent fighting game to boot. [Issue#231, p.70]