5.5

1. Jun 28, 2013
    This game is a boring slog. Too tedious for me to finish. The world spinning thing seemed like it might be cool but it doesn't really become interesting. The story takes it self way too seriously for being stupid. Binary Domain is a much better B grade third person shooter.
  2. Aug 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm punishing this game for lack of refinement. I quit playing after chapter 5 (of13) because I just have no patience for games which are not adequately play tested. Just off the top of my head armored vehicles were killing me through walls, my AI buddies always got in the way and trapped me on crates constantly. Cover- its like a magnet just running by crates would get you teleported into cover...way too sensitive. Certain portions of the game were very cheap, the first time encountering snipers you are given the treat of finding out the zoom in this game sucks you literally have about 1 second to zoom to each target and hope you find the target by luck because its not really skill. Why do developers give you no place to snipe from when they introduce the sniper gun its comical. What else did I come across...well a lot of cinema there actually was not a lot of enemies. Oh now I'm reminded the enemies you do encounter can be while the game is trying to tell you something so you have to shoot through the message while you play. And another annoying AI thing, just as you are about to line up a head shot guess what, your AI partner thinks its time to send the enemy into the air with the gravlink. So much for plan A. Anyway, the action of the game wasn't brutal however I just gave up because this game is not clean and that just annoys me something fierce. I suppose if I had no choice I'd play it out but considering the motto "so many games, so little time" this one gets the jolly heave-ho Expand

1. Oct 27, 2012
    Inversion is the epitome of uninspired game design, as even it's core elements never manage to be anything but mediocre. On top of that it does nothing to set itself apart from every other third person shooter on the market, and even the slightly entertaining gravity-powers doesn't do it much good.
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    The campaign is a solid adventure that is best enjoyed with another person (rather than the AI!) and the game offers a certain level of "surprise" with some of its unique gameplay elements. It's just a shame that some of these unique elements are not incorporated better or injected more frequently in the campaign. While I wouldn't pay full price for the game, it's definitely worth checking out once the price goes down.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    Inversion has a great premisse, an interesting story and an overall solid control scheme. This, however, isn't enough to save the game from mediocrity. Its biggest crime isn't the short campaign or the graphical flaws, but the fact that fooling around with gravity - supposedly the game's big hook - isn't at all necessary.