5.5

1. Aug 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm punishing this game for lack of refinement. I quit playing after chapter 5 (of13) because I just have no patience for games which are not adequately play tested. Just off the top of my head armored vehicles were killing me through walls, my AI buddies always got in the way and trapped me on crates constantly. Cover- its like a magnet just running by crates would get you teleported into cover...way too sensitive. Certain portions of the game were very cheap, the first time encountering snipers you are given the treat of finding out the zoom in this game sucks you literally have about 1 second to zoom to each target and hope you find the target by luck because its not really skill. Why do developers give you no place to snipe from when they introduce the sniper gun its comical. What else did I come across...well a lot of cinema there actually was not a lot of enemies. Oh now I'm reminded the enemies you do encounter can be while the game is trying to tell you something so you have to shoot through the message while you play. And another annoying AI thing, just as you are about to line up a head shot guess what, your AI partner thinks its time to send the enemy into the air with the gravlink. So much for plan A. Anyway, the action of the game wasn't brutal however I just gave up because this game is not clean and that just annoys me something fierce. I suppose if I had no choice I'd play it out but considering the motto "so many games, so little time" this one gets the jolly heave-ho Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2013
    6.7 out of 10 (rounded off to 7).

6.7 out of 10 (rounded off to 7).

"Inversion" is an ambitious game that I want to love, but I'm disappointed in several areas. Firstly, the story has a lot of plot-holes and is just weird. As a spoiler-free example, I'm struggling to understand why Leo (the protagonist's partner) would want to throw himself into this suicide-mission of finding a daughter that isn't even his. Secondly, the boss battles are nothing but frustrating and repetitive. You will face the exact same bosses over and over again, which makes them a hassle to get through. Finally, this game copies so much from other, more successful, titles. Cover-, running- and shooting-mechanics are straight from Gears of War, the gravity concepts seem to be "heavily inspired" by Half Life (and Dead Space) and everything about the "slaves" enemies strongly reminds me of the "psychos" from Borderlands.

But aside from the boss battles, "Inversion" has quite fun gameplay, and the story is interesting enough to have me hooked on reaching the next cutscene. So, I do not think this is a bad game. It is just not going to blow anyone away with originality any time soon.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    This game is a boring slog. Too tedious for me to finish. The world spinning thing seemed like it might be cool but it doesn't really become interesting. The story takes it self way too seriously for being stupid. Binary Domain is a much better B grade third person shooter.
  4. Apr 7, 2013
    Just finished it and i have to say that as a 3rd person shooter it delivers decent fun. But the rest unfortunately is not at the same level. The story is absolutely lame and uninteresting. The characters are totally forgetable and that affects the whole experience. The campaign is unbalanced alternating decent shooting with forced low gravity platforming that doesn't bring anything to theJust finished it and i have to say that as a 3rd person shooter it delivers decent fun. But the rest unfortunately is not at the same level. The story is absolutely lame and uninteresting. The characters are totally forgetable and that affects the whole experience. The campaign is unbalanced alternating decent shooting with forced low gravity platforming that doesn't bring anything to the game. And the multiplayer has absolutely no community therefore is unexisting, i couldn't even try it! Decent shooter but immediatley fogotten. A missed shot. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    it's a game very interesting with good graphics, sound and a new stuff collest I ever seen this year. gravity control. it's very cheap game and fun!!!
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    It's good, but it needs a little bit of chemistry when it comes to decent shooter games like Homefront. I felt that "Inversion" just can't touch SEGA's "Vanquish" or "Binary Domain." The gravity-shooting concept looks fun and all, but there's one problem: Is it worth it? Maybe, but Namco made a good but paltry decision to make this a "gravity-themed" shooter. Remember what happened to theIt's good, but it needs a little bit of chemistry when it comes to decent shooter games like Homefront. I felt that "Inversion" just can't touch SEGA's "Vanquish" or "Binary Domain." The gravity-shooting concept looks fun and all, but there's one problem: Is it worth it? Maybe, but Namco made a good but paltry decision to make this a "gravity-themed" shooter. Remember what happened to the "Splatterhouse" remake? That didn't quite fare well to the critics and fans because of the poor acting, gameplay, and the whole plot of the game. Well, I should rent the "Inversion" game, but I'll not be playing it for long. Collapse
  7. Jul 19, 2012
    I bought Inversion on a whim because it was cheap and I was bored. Overall, the game isn't awful, it's just a waste. Everything about it is boring and unoriginal.
  8. Jul 10, 2012
    This is a cool game. Its major problem is the fact that many other games have done this before - and better. I could list dozens of games here; Gears of War being the most obvious, of course, but there's also Uncharted and the recent Binary Domain. It's the standard (and average) 3rd person shooter. From the reviews (both critics' and users') we have the (false) impression that InversionThis is a cool game. Its major problem is the fact that many other games have done this before - and better. I could list dozens of games here; Gears of War being the most obvious, of course, but there's also Uncharted and the recent Binary Domain. It's the standard (and average) 3rd person shooter. From the reviews (both critics' and users') we have the (false) impression that Inversion is a bad game. It's not, trust me. It is a functional, fun, engaging game that will keep you hooked, specially with the whole gravity gimmick it involves. It's a shame that it's not as inspired as it could be - due to obvious lack of budget and production values. But unlike many other mediocre titles out there, this one really deserves a look. I had a lot of fun with it and, last time I checked, this is what games are all about. Expand
  9. Jun 9, 2012
    Pretty cool game , Inversion is bringing shooter+gravity game style . its fun and it has brought something new to a shooter game.
    Here's the game's strength , gravity control is awesome , and the shooting actually feels solid , multiplayer is lots of fun and modes are unique .the weapons are fun too.
    The story isn't perfect ,but it is still fun to play, the character design is ok not the best and not the worst it would just have been a better game if they included co-op in story mode. So over all the game is fun and cool but the story isn't that good and there's no co-op.
    an 8 for me.
  10. Sep 20, 2012

1. Oct 27, 2012
    Inversion is the epitome of uninspired game design, as even it's core elements never manage to be anything but mediocre. On top of that it does nothing to set itself apart from every other third person shooter on the market, and even the slightly entertaining gravity-powers doesn't do it much good.
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    The campaign is a solid adventure that is best enjoyed with another person (rather than the AI!) and the game offers a certain level of "surprise" with some of its unique gameplay elements. It's just a shame that some of these unique elements are not incorporated better or injected more frequently in the campaign. While I wouldn't pay full price for the game, it's definitely worth checking out once the price goes down.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    Inversion has a great premisse, an interesting story and an overall solid control scheme. This, however, isn't enough to save the game from mediocrity. Its biggest crime isn't the short campaign or the graphical flaws, but the fact that fooling around with gravity - supposedly the game's big hook - isn't at all necessary.