5.2

1. Dec 1, 2015
    Iron Man 2
    about what you would expect.
    Iron Man 2 is an action shooter game where you can play as either iron man or war machine, some missions you even switch between the 2, This is your standard budget tie in game, the voice acting is bad, the story is just background noise, controls feel too floaty, and its insanely repetitive. Iron Man 2 is fun though in spots, this is a very
    Iron Man 2
    about what you would expect.
    Iron Man 2 is fun though in spots, this is a very short game, only 8 missions, the entire game won’t last you longer than 5 hours.
    Each mission has a new objective and setting so the levels do feel fresh, you won’t get bored.
    But the gameplay doesn’t switch up at all, it’s a back and forth between defend allies and get to each checkpoint activate the thing and kill everything in your way.
    The game would have been much better without the defending sections, they drag on way too long, and if you get ahead of the slow moving allies you automatically have to restart from the last checkpoint, it’s annoying... you can freely fly or land on the ground in iron man 2 in any and all moments, but flying can be a little too fast so by time you’re warned you’re too far ahead, it’s too late to stop yourself.
    Combat though is fun, you’re given a variety of weapons that take just a tad too long to reload without the option to manually reload...you’re given freedom on the weapons you use, and hold up to 4 at a time, but this slow reload time, and only being able to carry 1 to a couple shots in a clip handcuffs you into using quicker weapons with less damage in one of your slots
    Iron Man is also given a bonus chest blast attack, but both war machine and iron man have a special fury move that either brings out a gun that does insane damage, or makes you invincible, I honestly never really used this because the game does a poor job of explaining it, you’re told it’s there, but there’s no explanation of when you can use it, or some sort of indicator that sticks out to tell you your meter is full… there is an indicator, but it matches the color of your health, which leads you to having to actively look for it if you’re curious….poor design for a game where taking your eye off an enemy can lead to your death
    At the end of every mission you’re awarded points to spend on weapons and upgrades, you’re also awarded new suits of iron man’s past that you can freely wear in game.
    Iron man 2 is fun at times, completing the objectives, finding what I’m looking for in buildings, blasting at enemies while I explore the land... it has its moments... it’s just a shame that these moments only make up about 30% of the game.. The rest of it is a boring drag
    With there being nothing here but a mind numbing time... no good story, no real level design... there’s no reason to ever play this game
    Well, maybe trophies.
    For what it is
    Action Game:
    5.0/10
    Over All:
    5.0/10
  2. Apr 28, 2014
    i know, i know, why an 8/10?!! this game is one of the most fun in my collection, especially for trophy hunters like me. the gameplay is excellent, that is what makes the 8 in the score. however, the graphics are HORRIBLE and there is a lot of lag whenever a cutscene wants to start. i would have given the iron man 2 movie a 9/10. But this game is still really fun (at least in my opinion)
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    The game was just down right horrible. Everything about this screams garbage. I would get locked on to stuff in the distance while trying to kill enemies right next to me. The camera was the worst of the whole game. This game should only be played if you are a trophy hunter but even then it's a maybe. They are easy to unlock but the game is a headache.
  4. Jun 10, 2011

1. So, yes, there's definitely a decent game lurking somewhere in Iron Man, but we haven't seen it yet. This one isn't a disaster, but it can be a rather bleak experience.
  2. No lesson has been learned from the first episode: this sequel is rusted all the same.
  3. Iron Man 2 is the typical movie game. The game has dated visuals, repetitive gameplay and unsatisfying controls. Even fans of the comic or the movie won't have fun with this sequel.