Iron Man PlayStation 3

6.2

1. Sep 1, 2012
    The sound, look, and overall design is awesome. You know what? The clout and pull that a character like Iron Man has is enough to do that just by READING the title. The rest of this game, particularly the controls, and I mean, the controls here, are atrocious. I love aviation games. I am really good at them. So I get the whole up is down and down is up thing. That doesn't excuseThe sound, look, and overall design is awesome. You know what? The clout and pull that a character like Iron Man has is enough to do that just by READING the title. The rest of this game, particularly the controls, and I mean, the controls here, are atrocious. I love aviation games. I am really good at them. So I get the whole up is down and down is up thing. That doesn't excuse this game and it's terrible control scheme. The only other thing that might back these people up on this awful game and the control scheme is, well, the PS3 was a pretty new system at the time. So they might have had trouble rushing this game out(as all Licensed and tagged to a movie type games are) while using this new, at the time, system and everything that goes with it. Too bad they don't just take a cue from Rocksteady and take a licensed character and make an "un-licensed" game. What I mean is, not have an Iron Man game be attached to a movie, the way Arkham Asylum did. Please, consider it, oh Marvel Comic Gods. Please. Collapse
  2. Jul 6, 2012
    as plain and as boring as it gets... however it offers huge worlds and good graphics so it would be cruel to rate it lower. I just wish that it was made as well as the movie...
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    This game is very well, take the control of Iron Man is a Pleasure, the action is great, you should be very astute to evade the missiles, The stages are fantastic, Iron man control can be complex for some, but really enjoy it because it gives the impression of being in the suit.
    If you are a Fan of IRON MAN, this video game is for you, but if not... try it and you will see
  4. JoshuaB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Could I just say, I haven't completed the game, but this is what I can say about it: Pretty much beautiful graphics, until you land on the ground, and it's all murky and horrible. bah. Gameplay is litterally a shoot-y fly-y game, hovering over tanks firing missiles and blasting it. When on the ground controls are all slidey and unresponsive. Anyway, flying around is a joy, and Could I just say, I haven't completed the game, but this is what I can say about it: Pretty much beautiful graphics, until you land on the ground, and it's all murky and horrible. bah. Gameplay is litterally a shoot-y fly-y game, hovering over tanks firing missiles and blasting it. When on the ground controls are all slidey and unresponsive. Anyway, flying around is a joy, and I've had quite a bit of fun blowing stuff up. Expand
  5. MatthiasL.
    May 18, 2008
    Games based on movies will always suck.
  6. PriyanthT.
    May 12, 2008
    This game looks as if it has nothing to do with the movie. the graphics arent good but the levels get tougher and tougher.
  7. ChaseK.
    May 5, 2008
    The action in this game is really cool. Dodging missles is my favorite part - I really like how you can catch the missles and then throw them back at your enemy.
  8. BinaryR.
    May 4, 2008
    I think one of the main things is that it came out in the same week as GTA IV, which is unfortunate. Yes it could have been better, but all in all it is fun just to fly (or run) around and blowing stuff up in a great looking suit. Oh suits, as you can unlock quite a bunch of the Iron Man legacy and modern suits from the comics. That is a nice touch. I think most reviews so far has been I think one of the main things is that it came out in the same week as GTA IV, which is unfortunate. Yes it could have been better, but all in all it is fun just to fly (or run) around and blowing stuff up in a great looking suit. Oh suits, as you can unlock quite a bunch of the Iron Man legacy and modern suits from the comics. That is a nice touch. I think most reviews so far has been overly harsh, although it is not the greatest game out there, it is fun nevertheless and is probably one of the coolest Marvel super heroes ever apart from Spidey. At least worth a rent and for Marvel fans, if you enjoyed the Spiderman 3 game, which I did, then you will probably just pick it up anyway Expand
  9. ClaytonD.
    May 3, 2008
    Given that the team that worked on this had approximatel 1.5 years from concept to completion on a new and still developing engine, Id say that this is a pretty triumphant release.
  10. FilazaferX
    May 3, 2008
    The game is not perfect, but I had fun playing it. The controls are sometimes complex, but I always had the feeling that controlling Iron Man's suit would be complex. The explosions aren't very rewarding, but I still enjoyed using the weapons. I would rent this game.
  11. Sep 1, 2012

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    The fact that I was constantly thinking about what button to push, even as I was rounding into the final set of missions, well...that's just a big design no-no. [June 2008, p.72]
  2. This product is too crude for even the ‘mainstream’ demographic; it can only possibly appeal to the ignorant.
    Flying is fun, the upgrades are neat, and the game can look good. However, these pros are outweighed by the aforementioned frustration, crappy storyline and lame cutscenes.