James Cameron's Avatar: The Game PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Well, Avatar was a good movie, but the game was pushed out way too early. The game had great potential, but you always know what's gonna happen with Ubisoft. I expected this game to be a freeroam RPG game with many quests, gear and enemies, but no, I was disappointed. You should just rent this game or try at friend's. You really can't give a score on this game. You either like it or not.
  2. Dec 11, 2010
    For the first 20 minutes of gameplay, I tried so hard to like it, but failed. But after picking it up again and putting a few hours into it, i found i very enjoyable, ESPECIALLY for a movie-based game. This may not be the best 3rd person shooter, or even xclose to the best RPG, but if you want a game that you'll get six or seven hours of singleplayer linear MMO-ing, and maybe even aFor the first 20 minutes of gameplay, I tried so hard to like it, but failed. But after picking it up again and putting a few hours into it, i found i very enjoyable, ESPECIALLY for a movie-based game. This may not be the best 3rd person shooter, or even xclose to the best RPG, but if you want a game that you'll get six or seven hours of singleplayer linear MMO-ing, and maybe even a multiplayer match, this game is a good choice. Collapse
  3. ElijahM.
    Jan 31, 2010
    The game is rather fun but the one thing that made it not as fun is that the game is hardly anything like the movie, but over all the game is real fun.
  4. NateL
    Jan 22, 2010
    Pretty good game. The Na'vi story is lacking unless you either play the human side first or see the movie. The level-up aspect is pretty nice, but several high-tier items are not that great, especially in the armor category. The conquest idea is great and enjoyable and the graphics are amazing. Definitely a good game, but try before you buy. It may not be worth the price to everyone.
  5. camW
    Dec 28, 2009
    or 8.5/9. this game is very under rated and is probibly the best movie game i have ever played! the first 40 mins is slow and boring after this you are given a choice. navi or human rda. either campaign i fun, challenging and rewarding. the critics are are way too harsh on the navi campaign the gameplay is still solid and requires more brains than the rda campaign. overall a great and fun or 8.5/9. this game is very under rated and is probibly the best movie game i have ever played! the first 40 mins is slow and boring after this you are given a choice. navi or human rda. either campaign i fun, challenging and rewarding. the critics are are way too harsh on the navi campaign the gameplay is still solid and requires more brains than the rda campaign. overall a great and fun experience, you wont regret this esspecially as i found it for £25 Expand
  6. James
    Dec 22, 2009
    I seriously can't believe the positive public reviews here, THE GAME IS S**T! Makes me think that the games developers have posted comments so they can make the game look better than it is. It's boring to play, the combat is repeditive and feels broken and the two races are exactly the same only with different skins. It's the worst game I've played this year, DO NOT BUY IT!
  7. VixR
    Dec 14, 2009
    Seriously lame game. I just didn't enjoy it (very repetitive and boring). I also tried the PC demo beforehand..(I should have known that the full console version of the game would be just as stale). It's something that's guaranteed to never get a full play through from me because I just can't stomach something like this after some of the quality titles we've had Seriously lame game. I just didn't enjoy it (very repetitive and boring). I also tried the PC demo beforehand..(I should have known that the full console version of the game would be just as stale). It's something that's guaranteed to never get a full play through from me because I just can't stomach something like this after some of the quality titles we've had in the past (so it's just going to be another dust attracter). Expand
  8. Slick62
    Dec 7, 2009
    Don't let the "critics" judge this game for you. Judge for yourself. Avatar has wonderful graphic. The world never feels the same. The game play is enjoyable and different, depending on which side you are playing. You can play as a soldier or one of the natives. I have two saves going, one of each. Lots of replayability. If your looking for something different, with a pretty good Don't let the "critics" judge this game for you. Judge for yourself. Avatar has wonderful graphic. The world never feels the same. The game play is enjoyable and different, depending on which side you are playing. You can play as a soldier or one of the natives. I have two saves going, one of each. Lots of replayability. If your looking for something different, with a pretty good story, give this game at least a rent, it"s worth it. Expand
  9. DanaO.
    Dec 4, 2009
    Wow, so many negative reviews of the game up there right now... I found it was a very enjoyable experience, and I played through both campaigns. It's not going to be my first recommendation this holiday, but if you could find it for, say, $39.99, it'd be a pretty good deal. There's a lot of content on the disc, and I had a great time, especially for a licensed game.
  10. DamarisA
    Dec 2, 2009
    very good graphics fantastic online lag free more info visit youtube ubisoft channel, but yeah fantastic ...also it's a 12
  11. Dec 11, 2010

It does little to endorse Ubisoft's claim that it's been in development for years, as underneath the admittedly high-detail visuals it's a pretty rudimentary thing. It's a long way better than bilge like the Quantum of Solace, but it's certainly got no sense of a landmark pop-cultural moment, in the way we're repeatedly told the film will.
  2. While the presentation is great and the combat generally enjoyable, the missions leave a lot to be desired - and there's little of the sense of wonder that the movie promises. Had the two campaigns been packed with superbly entertaining moments, the missions been more diverse in their structure, and the "vehicles" been more fun to man, then yes, Avatar the Game might have reached the heights its source material looks set to achieve.
    Simply a rather dull experience, which could be the worst thing you could say for any piece of entertainment. From my time with it, James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game only furthers the point, rather than dispels it, that the movie-to-video game genre is as treacherous as the planet of Pandora itself.