• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2012
8.8

1. Jul 12, 2014
    who made this game? i want to kiss him hahaha, i have been played videogames since atari 2600 and all i have to say is this is one of the best games i ever played in my life is beautifull is smart, make you feel awesome is one f the best games ever, everybody in the world have to play this game, this game is ART love it, the game have a meaning is all about evolution about to find thewho made this game? i want to kiss him hahaha, i have been played videogames since atari 2600 and all i have to say is this is one of the best games i ever played in my life is beautifull is smart, make you feel awesome is one f the best games ever, everybody in the world have to play this game, this game is ART love it, the game have a meaning is all about evolution about to find the light the peace the maximun expresio of your soul thats abut journey thats the meaning that i found, if you dont understand this game sorry youre dumb Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2014
    Este es un comentario largo, pero le aseguro al lector que no se va a arrepentir si lo atiende:
    Este juego es la alegoría perfecta del significado de viajar. Yo en lo personal he tenido mucha experiencia viajando por distintos sitios y me he conectado realmente con este juego. Tal como en la vida, que hay gente q conoces viajando, completos extraños que con el tiempo se pueden volver parte de ti o simplemente alejarse, pero q a fin de cuentas formaron parte de un momento en tu vida. Un viaje en el juego del cual no sabes claramente a donde vas o para que, simplemente con la promesa de un final, justo como en la vida. He leído criticas de otros usuarios, quienes comprueban con sus argumentos negativos su falta de experiencia en el mundo pues solo han conocido lo q hay a su alrededor, sin embargo, cuando abran sus alas y conozcan lo que hay afuera sabrán quizás que significa este juego. :)
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    Un juego que te transporta a lo mas profundo de los sentimientos. Emotivo, bonito, precioso... un juego que sorprende a la vista y te deja llevar por un mundo minimalista y zen.
  4. May 31, 2014
    "Journey" is not only a game, it's an emotional adventure. With animations that are just stunning and a game play that keeps you invested, without saying any words. This game is just beautiful and will have you thinking about it after you finish playing.
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    I'm so glad I was introduced to this gorgeous game. The gameplay, artwork, and the soundtrack especially are all hauntingly beautiful. Journey doesn't strive to be a very difficult or long game. Instead, it's an immersive experience. It has the most interesting co-op experience by far that I gone through. It was just really touching knowing that I had a companion going through the sameI'm so glad I was introduced to this gorgeous game. The gameplay, artwork, and the soundtrack especially are all hauntingly beautiful. Journey doesn't strive to be a very difficult or long game. Instead, it's an immersive experience. It has the most interesting co-op experience by far that I gone through. It was just really touching knowing that I had a companion going through the same trials, even though I couldn't communicate to him/her with words. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2014
    Absolutely breathtaking. In this current generation of gaming, where dominance, victory and violence seems to be the accepted way to "connect" with other players, Journey by thatgamecompany sheds new perspective with its unique multiplayer experience.

Sure, when play through the game on your own, its makes for a satisfying experience, but with the second character coming in, it takes it to another level.

Excellent music by Austin Wintory. Worthy to be nominated for a Grammy award (It's a pity it didn't win).

Gameplay will probably be around 1-2 hrs, but you WILL have memories that will last you a lifetime. : )
  7. Jun 26, 2014
    An amazing game, like nothing I've played before. I knew nothing about this game until I experienced it. It's beautiful looking, beautiful sounding and one of the most emotive and fascinating games I've ever played. On my second play-through I had the luck of playing through the game with a partner and the way the multiplayer works is terriffic. I don't care how hardcore a gamer youAn amazing game, like nothing I've played before. I knew nothing about this game until I experienced it. It's beautiful looking, beautiful sounding and one of the most emotive and fascinating games I've ever played. On my second play-through I had the luck of playing through the game with a partner and the way the multiplayer works is terriffic. I don't care how hardcore a gamer you are you really need to sit down for 2 hours of your life and play through Journey. 10/10 Expand
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    This game is beautiful and an amazing Journey that I loved. The game is a piece of art, but it will be dull to some, if you only fokus on the gameplay. This game is not played but explored and experienced. the details like the sand and the snow are so cool and pretty and the game had me wondering, cheering, laughing, and much more. In the game you Can play online (you don't have to) andThis game is beautiful and an amazing Journey that I loved. The game is a piece of art, but it will be dull to some, if you only fokus on the gameplay. This game is not played but explored and experienced. the details like the sand and the snow are so cool and pretty and the game had me wondering, cheering, laughing, and much more. In the game you Can play online (you don't have to) and you meet Luther players where you have an interesting connection between the two of you and it is awesome and different.
    I loved the game so much I gave an applause and I have never done that before. Everybody should try This game
  9. Jul 5, 2014
    Maybe my favorite game of all times.
    Poetic, visually gorgeous, incredible soundtrack, innovative coop play, simple and just gameplay... A game that every video-game detractor should see.
  10. Aug 1, 2014
    Right up there with Flower, this is one of my favorite PS3 games out there. There are no words but the story is told through fantastic visuals and wonderful music that pulls at the heartstrings. You go through your character's life passage and (should you play online) their intersections with others as you grow and learn and change.

You wake up in the beginning alone and surrounded by

You wake up in the beginning alone and surrounded by miles of burning, sprawling desert, and soon discover the looming mountain top which is your goal. Ahead of you there are endless sand dunes, ancient ruins, caves and howling winds, and eventually the stinging cold and snow. Your passage will not be an easy one. And although the goal is to get to the mountaintop, you have almost infinite room to explore and wander the endless beauty of the desert either alone or with a stranger you meet along the way as you soar above ruins and glide across sands while discovering the secrets of a forgotten civilization through murals and sit downs with statues that show you their story and how you fit in....your purpose, who you are.

Each player may take something different from the game but I felt it told the story of life and it has wonderful replay value as not only can you get different trophies you'll continuously find new things and eventually get the white robe to don yourself. This also makes good use of the 6-axis control on the PS3 remote and continues to be a breathtaking experience each time I play. GREAT game...
  11. Aug 23, 2014
    This game is by far one of the most unique and beautiful gaming experiences I have ever had. The controls flow seamlessly, the story is wonderful, and the visual eclectic appeal of the game is absolutely mind-blowing. It is hands down one of the most gorgeous and important games ever made and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
  12. Nov 13, 2014
    I hate calling games an experience. It's basically a buzzword at this point. Games should be about gameplay, about challenge and overcoming obstacles. This game took my prejudices and slapped them into my face.
    Journey makes you feel. It talks to you without talking. It tells a story without telling. It's simple, and that makes it great.
  13. Dec 3, 2014
    10.

Anyone and everyone can enjoy this classic.

The story is phenomenal and open to interpretation. The visuals are stunning. The metaphors are everywhere and it challenges the idea of online gaming.

14. Mar 9, 2015
    What I have to say to this game if it was sentient **** YOU!". That being said this game escapes me for words, I will damn try to though! First off story ... There you go! Ok but seriously the story is the best thing about this game and is the best way to tell a story and that is through silence, you are given only backstory of the event that have led up to the world but even then it'sWhat I have to say to this game if it was sentient **** YOU!". That being said this game escapes me for words, I will damn try to though! First off story ... There you go! Ok but seriously the story is the best thing about this game and is the best way to tell a story and that is through silence, you are given only backstory of the event that have led up to the world but even then it's shown not told and it's up to you to interpret it in your own way, so for me: There was light that created life, soon little Sprites (as I want to call them) use the light to create and they made giant civilizations and striving for more light, when they reached to the Heavens though the light abandoned them an with no light the Sprites fought over what remained, soon war raged against one another the desert becoming a sea of graves thousands upon thousands laid to waste and soon nothing but silence remained, but then one day the light did come back and with it you were born, and now it's up to you to write what happens next. Everything else is up to you, this game from me get's high praises as something of a new piece of art since I am an artist (humble brag) able to convey emotions through music and visuals. That being said it should be played by people who think critically or are thinking about going into art, fun is something to be had here when you find a companion (they're random) to share in your experience creating a strange friendship with multiple stories to tell out of this. But again it's up to you since there is no definite story to this game and it' for you to interpret.

Simply put: This game is up there with the best, and no I will not get off this emotional pain train.
  15. Jan 9, 2015
    The one truly unique gaming experience you will have this year. Buy it and play it as soon as you can. The game is stunningly beautiful and the score is a once in a lifetime experience. You will not regret this purchase -- unless you hate fun and happiness...
  16. Jan 26, 2015
    I don't even know what to say , i was just bored and decided to play this game , i didn't really know why i bought it but i ended up loving every single moment of it . This is one of the weirdest and yet best games , after i finished it i felt like i went through an amazing journey -as the title indicates-i suggest this to everyone , even hardcore gamers should try it and see what i'mI don't even know what to say , i was just bored and decided to play this game , i didn't really know why i bought it but i ended up loving every single moment of it . This is one of the weirdest and yet best games , after i finished it i felt like i went through an amazing journey -as the title indicates-i suggest this to everyone , even hardcore gamers should try it and see what i'm talking about , i'm literally struggling to find a flaw on it because i don't like giving 10 as a score but i'll have to make an exception here ! Expand
  17. Feb 22, 2015
    This game was truly an amazing experience and the best PS Exclusive I have played to date. The length of the game did not bother me at all, I actually think its the perfect length for a game like this.
  18. Mar 1, 2015
    Best game ever. First off, the story. Some people say there isn't a story, but you need to pay attention during the meditation cutscenes. It is so well hidden that there are multiple reviews stating that it, "Has no story."I won't spoil it, play it for yourself to find out. Also, the game bends your emotions mercilessly. When the character was in danger, I legitimately felt worried aboutBest game ever. First off, the story. Some people say there isn't a story, but you need to pay attention during the meditation cutscenes. It is so well hidden that there are multiple reviews stating that it, "Has no story."I won't spoil it, play it for yourself to find out. Also, the game bends your emotions mercilessly. When the character was in danger, I legitimately felt worried about him. When sad stuff happened to him, I literally almost cried. And when he was sliding down the sand dunes, (Hardly a spoiler, as it's a main theme of the game) I was having fun. The immersiveness of the game was unlike any other game I've ever played. The surprisingly realistic sand physics, the amazing ambiance and the great graphics are what make this game so immersive. Why didn't I include the score, you ask? Because the soundtrack is too freaking amazing to be in the same category as the other three. Austin Wintory, the composer (Yes, I remembered your name) of Journey, you are the best composer in existence. I've heard people nag this game for only lasting two hours, but what do you expect? With all the detail they put into this game, it's going to be extremely difficult for making it last even thirty minutes! The entire game is so deep, so fantastic, and so detailed (They literally put detail into every grain of sand) that a two hour play session probably took years and years to make! The controls are top notch, with every press of a button doing exactly what you want it to. People also say fifteen bucks is alot of money for such a short play session, but I consider it a deal. Triple A titles like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed cost around forty to fifty bucks when they aren't even as good of a play session as Journey! And finally, people nag it for not being challenging enough. SO. FREAKING. WHAT. NOBODY CARES OTHER THAN YOU, GOOD LORD, STOP BEING A HATER. Felt good to get that out. Sure, it only had moments of difficulty, (The end was the most difficult part, in my opinion) But that is made up for so well. And with loads of achievements and the fact that it's generally amazing, you'll keep coming back to it. The best game I've ever played, no questions asked, I'm done here, peace. Expand
  19. Mar 11, 2015
    I was cautiously optimistic as I prepared to play Journey for the first time. There were so many glowing reviews by game journalists that I could not discount its quality, however I wasn't completely convinced of its greatness and so approached it with hope and a slight amount of pessimism.

There have been many defining moments with video games that I've experienced in my life. The joy and wonder of discovering likes of Pac Man and Centipede in the arcade as a five-year-old. As I grew up and video games changed, my horizons opened up with the possibility for adventure in The Legend of Zelda on the NES. Super Mario Brothers, Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Doom and Half Life. Each of these represented major evolutional steps in video games. Exploration, adventure, 3D worlds, immersion, storytelling. I look back fondly on all of those experiences but in doing so realized that as the years have gone by these types of moments came with less frequency and impact. I love games such as Mario Galaxy, Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim. I can appreciate the mind-blowing quality and depth of these games but they don't stack up to the experiences of my youth with, arguably, vastly inferior games.

It only took a short time with Journey to come to the realization that I was experiencing something that I had been missing for many years. Chills ran down my spine. My pulse quickened. I was enthralled. It was not immediate but grew like a wave, building slowly and consistently until the wave broke in a crescendo that was moving and awe-inspiring that left me speechless and teary-eyed. I had not been affected like this in years and perhaps ever.

Journey is an experience that is a privilege to partake in. It evokes a range of emotions from joy and wonder to fear and heartbreak. The visuals are a sight to behold. It is simple, but not simplistic. It will make you ponder life, friendship, love, loss and triumph. Journey deserves to be experienced.
  20. Aug 10, 2012
    An emotional, and creative experience, and not just artistically, but technically. I went into the game nothing, and after becoming attached to my companion I finished the game only to find out I was playing co-op the whole time (I wondered why the AI seemed so intelligent and anxious). The down side being that the game is very short, and very easy.
  21. Mar 16, 2012
    Lots of people are complaining about this because it was fifteen dollars and less than two hours. That is true, but fifteen dollars really isn't much for a video game. A movie ticket cost almost as much and doesn't give the sense of mystery and exploration this does. People need to understand that THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE GAMES HAVE TO MAKE MONEY. It's not something they do for fun alone.Lots of people are complaining about this because it was fifteen dollars and less than two hours. That is true, but fifteen dollars really isn't much for a video game. A movie ticket cost almost as much and doesn't give the sense of mystery and exploration this does. People need to understand that THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE GAMES HAVE TO MAKE MONEY. It's not something they do for fun alone. The game is beautiful and fun. Don't be cheap. Expand
  22. Mar 20, 2012
    Journey defines a beautiful game. It's a short game, designed to be played through in one sitting and then repeatedly played in order to give the player the feel of a different journey. The world in which Journey is based is so beautifully designed that you will find yourself stopping to look around and admire the scenery. One of the games core aspects is its take on multiplayer - anotherJourney defines a beautiful game. It's a short game, designed to be played through in one sitting and then repeatedly played in order to give the player the feel of a different journey. The world in which Journey is based is so beautifully designed that you will find yourself stopping to look around and admire the scenery. One of the games core aspects is its take on multiplayer - another companion can join your journey at any time; you can travel together but communication is limited the a single action of emitting a whale-like call. Journey is a lovely little game, that anyone who appreciates ingenuity and art will enjoy. Expand
  23. Jun 19, 2012
    The game is incredibly simple and there really isn't much to it. You really just walk around, occasionally use a chirping noise to activate things and avoid contact with some rare enemies. That being said the game is visually stunning and even though no words transpire it easily becomes an emotional experience. I won't give it away but you will get to a point where you'll be thinking toThe game is incredibly simple and there really isn't much to it. You really just walk around, occasionally use a chirping noise to activate things and avoid contact with some rare enemies. That being said the game is visually stunning and even though no words transpire it easily becomes an emotional experience. I won't give it away but you will get to a point where you'll be thinking to yourself, "This isn't possible and I won't let it happen!" The amazing thing is that throughout your journey you will see another individual and you'll assume it's the same person but you'll discover at the end your adventure was shared with many others. I was unable to stop this game until I finished it and I've gone back several times as this is a relaxing game that you experience not play. Understand that there isn't any action and it's not some brain teaser, it's a very simple game but it does simplicity better than anything I've ever played. Expand
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    It may only last a couple two hours and, aside from a few simple puzzles, there is little actual gameplay but there is no other experience in gaming like playing Journey. Anyone that doubts video games can be an art form must surely change their minds after playing this.
  25. Apr 2, 2012
    Journey is an artistic game with so much emotion, but has no dialog, which is a great accomplishment, much like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Journey is a beautiful game to look at from the Sun reflecting off the sand to the movement of your character. This game proves that video games are art. The game is very simple to play, but since it is simple it makes it relaxing and helps youJourney is an artistic game with so much emotion, but has no dialog, which is a great accomplishment, much like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Journey is a beautiful game to look at from the Sun reflecting off the sand to the movement of your character. This game proves that video games are art. The game is very simple to play, but since it is simple it makes it relaxing and helps you enjoy the story. You play a character that is traveling to a high mountain in the distance. On the way you will be walking through a desert then high up in the snowy mountain. There are creatures on the game, which you are tasked with staying out of their sight. The game also has a co-op aspect, which is simple yet helpful. As you make the journey you might meet up with other players that can help you solve puzzles quicker and even help each other regenerate you magic which makes you fly for a brief period. Journey is a simple yet entertaining fun game that proves that video games are art. Expand
  26. Sep 12, 2013
    Great game, great story, great atmosphere, I enjoyed the handling, and the sensation of speed at certain points in the game. What I didn't like were one lengthy part of the game that I found dragged on needlessly long, this is why its a 9/10 for me.
  27. Mar 18, 2012
    Very very good little game. The graphics are top class as is the music which adds some real emotion to the game. Some people could get put off by the lack of narration and clearly defined plot but for me it was a minor inconvenience. You could also argue that £10 is a bit much to pay for a game which lasts for about 45mins approx. Saying that because of how gripping the gameVery very good little game. The graphics are top class as is the music which adds some real emotion to the game. Some people could get put off by the lack of narration and clearly defined plot but for me it was a minor inconvenience. You could also argue that £10 is a bit much to pay for a game which lasts for about 45mins approx. Saying that because of how gripping the game was I expect to play it a couple more times at least.
    I also liked the online element, playing with someone added an extra layer to an already very enjoyable adventure.
    It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but in my opinion Journey has been another excellent release from thatgamecompany and is highly recommended!
  28. Apr 2, 2012
    Beautiful game. Still enjoy playing it after having finished it at least 8-9 times. Only fault is that for the significant delay in release date the amount of work put in doesnt seem justifiable. The world is not large enough with all of the exploring finished in a few hours and if set to finishing the game in one continuous session it would not take you more than 1 1/2 hours.
  29. Mar 24, 2012
    A short, but tasty, meal of a game. This game differs so many from the ones around it, although something of this type and caliber is to be expected from thatgamecompany. The game works so well in its minimalist framework. You find yourself depending and supporting the other character in the game, forming an altruistic relationship with a stranger. It does become frustrating when theA short, but tasty, meal of a game. This game differs so many from the ones around it, although something of this type and caliber is to be expected from thatgamecompany. The game works so well in its minimalist framework. You find yourself depending and supporting the other character in the game, forming an altruistic relationship with a stranger. It does become frustrating when the support is not mutual, which may be due to a lack of explanation of the controls and the capabilities of the character. Expand
  30. Nov 27, 2012
    Beautiful game. Best played in one sitting, if you can do that. Otherwise, try to take fewer breaks. That's my only regret playing this game. I was interrupted too many times, which caused a disruption in the overall flow of the game.

The most intriguing part, for me, was the use of light. I've never experienced a game where light could have such a positive effect. I became happy when seeing light and partnering to turn on more lights in this game. It was a very unique experience.

Highly recommended.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    Beautiful game. Quite the experience! I'm glad I got to play this game, it is unique and charming. My only complaint is it took only an hour to beat.
  32. May 24, 2012
    Lost 1 point because its short, gains the other 9 for its beauty and the joy of playing this experience beginning to end. Don't pick this up looking for a game like most others, this is meant to be an experience, short and beautiful.
  33. Mar 26, 2012
    You probably already have heard that Journey is a bit short. And that it's also a fantastic experience. What else is there to add? Well, there is one thing that truly fascinates me. As you slide down sand dunes and glide smoothly in air, and as you solve the (not too difficult) obstacles you encounter other players (if you're online). So what, you say? The beauty of other players inYou probably already have heard that Journey is a bit short. And that it's also a fantastic experience. What else is there to add? Well, there is one thing that truly fascinates me. As you slide down sand dunes and glide smoothly in air, and as you solve the (not too difficult) obstacles you encounter other players (if you're online). So what, you say? The beauty of other players in journey is that there is no way to communicate with them. Everyone's anonymous so you can't write to your "partner", there's no voice communication available and you can't decide to invite friends. The only way you communicate is through your actions and an additional "blip" feature (which is acctually a "loading feature", i.e you use it to activate certain environmental objects and/or load up your partners ability to jump and fly further). Togheter you can make the game even more amusing and find new ways to conquer the journey. It's also essential to cooperate in order to attain certain trophies. This means Journey makes the trophy system a bit more interesting than your average game. But are there no cons? Journey is beautiful, relaxing and I've been playing it over and over, as I've already said but it can't be emphasized enough. The only con is that it should've been just a little longer. I want more! Expand
  34. Mar 13, 2012
    A natural progression from flow thru to flower and now journey. That Game Company once again comes up shining with yet another new experience. If you could convey the feeling you get while playing journey to the human race the world would be a more peaceful place. Journey manages to create/convey an almost spiritual feeling of peace/ wonderment/ relaxation and beauty all rolled into oneA natural progression from flow thru to flower and now journey. That Game Company once again comes up shining with yet another new experience. If you could convey the feeling you get while playing journey to the human race the world would be a more peaceful place. Journey manages to create/convey an almost spiritual feeling of peace/ wonderment/ relaxation and beauty all rolled into one for the experience that is journey. That game company do this by using some clever minimalistic design concepts. Of minimal interaction and communication with other players while at the same time the game promotes and plays better if you journey together searching and investigating or later as a spirit guide for the newer players helping them achieve the final hidden gems. Although short at just over 3-hours on my first playthru. Journey requires multiple playthrus to see everything and for it to reveal its secrets. So you can at least triple the game-time. another different idea is you never know how many people you actually met or interacted with until completion of the run thru it could be 1 player or more usual multiple players. A must play if you want to play a totally new concept game instead of the stale shooter genre. Expand
  35. Feb 23, 2014
    Probably the best Indie game I've ever played. It's emotional and moving, even though there isn't any dialogue or combat the entire game. The only weak point for me was the feeling of linearity. The game is called Journey but there are times when it feels like you have absolutely no control over yours.
  36. Mar 13, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played. This will get criticism for being too short, but that maybe can't be helped as the pacing is just right. I must buy 4 games a month, all platforms, and this is the first game in a very long time that has really made me sit up and take notice. If you like Shadow of the Colossus, Ico or Portal, definitely give this a go. A gamer's game.
  37. Mar 16, 2012
    A short, but sweet serene adventure. The simplistic art style is absolutely gorgeous, and you'll never look at video game sand the same again. Bumping into fellow wanderers and helping them along the way is a highlight, and the limited communication is in end a thing of beauty. No screaming children or disgruntled neck-bearders. Just a quiet companion to join you.

The only thing I could

The only thing I could ask for is for even more play area to explore. I've attained platinum already!
  38. Mar 13, 2012
    I could go into great, nonsensical, detail on the many reasons as to why you should play this simply magnificent game but I will only give you one; you will have never played anything like it before, and I doubt you ever will again. Unique, emotional, brilliant and enjoyable. The only way to understand how good this game is is to organically experience itself, not by reading the words ofI could go into great, nonsensical, detail on the many reasons as to why you should play this simply magnificent game but I will only give you one; you will have never played anything like it before, and I doubt you ever will again. Unique, emotional, brilliant and enjoyable. The only way to understand how good this game is is to organically experience itself, not by reading the words of other critics. Expand
  39. Mar 24, 2012
    I have no words for this game. It's an experience like no other. Egbert once said that it is impossible for video games to be "art." I disagreed with him then, but this is further proof he is mistaken.
  40. May 18, 2013
    Journey is a game that is not for everyone. There's no words, no explosions, no gunfire, just great music and a beautiful atmosphere. From the music to the graphics to the controls to the physics, this game is great! Very relaxing and fluid to play through. The game is not very long as you can get through it in a couple of hours, but it's well worth your time and money. I like the wayJourney is a game that is not for everyone. There's no words, no explosions, no gunfire, just great music and a beautiful atmosphere. From the music to the graphics to the controls to the physics, this game is great! Very relaxing and fluid to play through. The game is not very long as you can get through it in a couple of hours, but it's well worth your time and money. I like the way they did the online/multiplayer feature where you meet random people on your journey and can travel together with them. You can't talk to each other which makes the emotion of it better to me. I highly recommend this great game! Expand
  41. Apr 7, 2012
    Cons: only one - the price. The game is too short to charge 15 dollars. Games that cost say 60 dollars can last for hundreds of hours of gameplay. This game only lasts a few hours. Maybe 10 bucks would be the top end for value. Pros: the aesthetics alone make this top notch. It is so beautiful to look at and to play and the feeling of playing matches perfectly the look...smooth, fun,Cons: only one - the price. The game is too short to charge 15 dollars. Games that cost say 60 dollars can last for hundreds of hours of gameplay. This game only lasts a few hours. Maybe 10 bucks would be the top end for value. Pros: the aesthetics alone make this top notch. It is so beautiful to look at and to play and the feeling of playing matches perfectly the look...smooth, fun, clever. I wish the makers would start turning out more games like this, Flower along with this game are wonderful, but more product please. Expand
  42. Jan 3, 2013
    Thank you to that game company for creating a game that is genuinely original and truly emotional if you find a the right buddy on your Journey. If they continue on this path they might just be the pixar of gaming.
  43. Mar 13, 2012
    Journey is a fantastic game. It took me approximately 3 hours to complete it, and for the experience it gave me, it was well worth the $15. I compare it to the The Artist, the Oscar 2011 Best Picture. Journey has no dialogue, but the amazing music composed by Austin Wintory is just splendid. Any true gamer should purchase this diamond, created by the same company that brought flOW and Flower.
  44. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Journey is a wonderful game that I can not put down, the imagery, the art, everything is here for a gamer like me. As a fan of Ico, SoTC, Portal, and others similar to the eerie yet beautiful gameplay Journey provides, I felt right at home. I Especially love running into another anonymous player while Im wearing my Transcendence cloak and having them revere me as an in game God. Lol Expand
  45. Mar 14, 2012
    This game is awesome, wonderful and inspiring. I think, it's primarily intended for an adult audience, because young and very young gamers will possibly describe it as boring - but it isn't. In fact, it offers a gaming experience, which hasn't seen for a long time. Personally, I was flashed for two hours - that is short, but rather inspiring entertainment for two hours than playing aThis game is awesome, wonderful and inspiring. I think, it's primarily intended for an adult audience, because young and very young gamers will possibly describe it as boring - but it isn't. In fact, it offers a gaming experience, which hasn't seen for a long time. Personally, I was flashed for two hours - that is short, but rather inspiring entertainment for two hours than playing a boring "blockbuster" game like Mass Effect 3 for endless hours. Big shouts to the composer of the game music. Expand
  46. Jhe
    Mar 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In most games, is easy to say "Is like this, this and that; you will enjoy this; you will hate that, etc etc"
    Not for this one.This is a game that you HAVE to play to pass judgement on... All i can tell you ( if you "beat" it already), is that If it only took you an hour to "finish", and you are not at peace....then you did not understand the game. You have...HAVE to think about the path you take in the game. Do you linger? or do you head straight through?
    Do you finish all the pieces of the puzzle? or just enough to get by?
    Which way do you go?
    and why?

As a general notion (if you haven't played it, yet):

Imagine waking up in the middle of the desert....

what do you do?
    and why?
  47. Mar 18, 2012
    Journey is a mastery of Avante Garde expression. It is short, and simple, but it is something I will never forget as long as Iâ
  48. Mar 19, 2012
    I can't understand people who gave a 0 or 1 to this game... they probably did'nt understand it at all... Journey is not really a game... But it's clearly a piece of art as FlOwer did ! It's a interactive "journey"... with poetic and artistic ambiance, I clearly loved it ! It's a game with no violence, just relaxing and tripping !
  49. Mar 20, 2012
    Music / sound and presentation are spectacular. This is game is a piece of art. However it is way too short, it is around 3 hours maximum if you look in every corner. Having said that though I came on here for the first time to review this game because it deserves it. The way the game connects players online is great and it doesn't feel like someone messing up your game at any point.
  50. Mar 29, 2012
    Journey is a short, short game, yes. It costs $15 for less than two hours of your time--also yes. With this in mind, I have spent more on movie blu-rays and have never been so moved as I was when I finished Journey. Let me be clear: I wept. I -wept- at the end. Getting me to cry is NO easy task; I am a frigid and unpleasant cynic. And yet... I was so awed by Journey's music, its spectacle,Journey is a short, short game, yes. It costs $15 for less than two hours of your time--also yes. With this in mind, I have spent more on movie blu-rays and have never been so moved as I was when I finished Journey. Let me be clear: I wept. I -wept- at the end. Getting me to cry is NO easy task; I am a frigid and unpleasant cynic. And yet... I was so awed by Journey's music, its spectacle, its vague and profound message of light, warmth, and companionship... There is no dialogue in the game, none at all, and it achieves the same powerful result. For me, at least. Obviously, there will be people expecting some kind of mechanical platforming puzzle from Journey, and I suppose that's fair. It -is- a *game* for the PS3. However... if you have a soul, then you're likely to find something much deeper here. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2012
    What an incredible piece of art. The visuals were simply beautiful and so was the music. Rarely does a game comes so close to perfection. I was moved by the beauty and minimalism of the the game but even more so by the companionship and shared experience I had with the other character in the game. Communication and cooperation came so naturally that it was if we had know each other forWhat an incredible piece of art. The visuals were simply beautiful and so was the music. Rarely does a game comes so close to perfection. I was moved by the beauty and minimalism of the the game but even more so by the companionship and shared experience I had with the other character in the game. Communication and cooperation came so naturally that it was if we had know each other for years. This will be one of those games that people will look back on twenty years from now and mention with fondness. Expand
  52. Mar 21, 2012
    Ever since Thatgamecompany made a big splash with 2009 Flower, the company made big plans with its follow up Journey. I found it hard at first to believe that Thatgamecompany could strike yet another emotional chord after doing so with Flower. However Thatgamecompany proved me wrong and I was not only convinced that they have successfully created another hit but they have created theirEver since Thatgamecompany made a big splash with 2009 Flower, the company made big plans with its follow up Journey. I found it hard at first to believe that Thatgamecompany could strike yet another emotional chord after doing so with Flower. However Thatgamecompany proved me wrong and I was not only convinced that they have successfully created another hit but they have created their best game to date.
    Journey places you in a beautiful world where the ambiguous character, the environments, and the goal created an ambiance that lifts the core theme of Journey to a climax throughout the whole game. If Flower was a poem within the industry, then Journey is more of an experience of loneliness. Everything from the music being on cue to the silence itself helped bring Journey to a different level. The lack of direction is also a fresh concept since many modern games tend to hold your hand now and days. So being left in the dark to figure out what to do is part of the experience. Out of all of these amazing features however there is one feature that claims itself to bring the most important factor of the game, the chance that you may encounter another wanderer.
    Within an industry that has only improved because of the inclusion of the internet. It is a little hard to adjust being alone. When signed into PSN however you may find yourself traveling with another as you both experience the world for the first time. With no way to actually communicate (other than a single button within the game) the idea of joining one another to reach the mountain is an emotional journey. After beating the game with a partner I can say that this gives Journey a whole new feel than beating it alone. Because the game was meant to give off the sense of being alone though I also suggest that you beat the game unplugged so that you have no chance to meet another person. Sounds a little harsh but the end result is an amazing one.
    I highly suggest that you get and play this game. I can easily say that there is now other game out there that does what Journey does. If youâ
  53. Mar 21, 2012
    I bought Journey on impulse after hearing all the buzz and praise it was receiving, and it's safe to say it did not disappoint! Journey is a short and exhilarating breath of fresh air to the gaming world. Throughout your 3 hour long adventure you'll be met with some of the most exquisite graphics and pulchritudinous landscapes you've every seen in a video game. Not to mention the seeminglyI bought Journey on impulse after hearing all the buzz and praise it was receiving, and it's safe to say it did not disappoint! Journey is a short and exhilarating breath of fresh air to the gaming world. Throughout your 3 hour long adventure you'll be met with some of the most exquisite graphics and pulchritudinous landscapes you've every seen in a video game. Not to mention the seemingly flawless online play, in which you are connected to other travellers at random and can traverse the landscapes as a duo. No names, no microphones, just co-operative gameplay as it should be. The controls are as fluid and smooth as the game, using only 4 buttons throughout which makes it easy to pick up and play as and when you please. So in summary, Journey is an incredibly enjoyable gaming experience and should not be missed, but it now! Expand
  54. Apr 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Journey, in my opinion, is a milestone in recent gaming. The introduction, navigation and how your character operates within this pseudo-open world is magnificent. While a shorter game, it works perfectly for what it presents and allows itself for multiple playthroughs.

Not being able to communicate (other than singing) with the companions that you meet is a splendid feature. The non-verbal communication reminded me of Fumito Ueda's games, and traveling through certain points felt reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus. Having this world, prone to exploration, with a narrative open to interpretation is something I am certainly a fan of.

--- Spoilers and my experience below ---
    My first playthrough consisted of me meeting a companion early on and going with them throughout the world. They seemingly didn't know how to go in certain areas and followed me everywhere... which made me feel like the "older brother guide" esque person or protector as, I had no idea where I was going myself. After spending 2 hours with this individual, they left and with the accompanying 'leaving animation'... felt saddened. A GAME MADE ME FEEL SAD! In a later playthrough, someone who had unlocked certain things was showing me around and the role reversal was another remarkable feeling. I didn't know where the unlockables were, and they did... finishing the game with them was fun and our interactions were truly something to note, on a personal level. I can't reccomend Journey enough and for only $15 (US) is a remarkable deal. 9 /10
  55. Mar 30, 2012
    Journey isn't too much of a game rather than an amazing artistic experience. While playing through I stumbled upon a random traveler and together we completed the game. You get a sense of feeling for the "nobody". I had a few buddies over while I was playing the game and after I had completed it they went home and purchased the game for themselves. The game is short but a lot of fun. WithJourney isn't too much of a game rather than an amazing artistic experience. While playing through I stumbled upon a random traveler and together we completed the game. You get a sense of feeling for the "nobody". I had a few buddies over while I was playing the game and after I had completed it they went home and purchased the game for themselves. The game is short but a lot of fun. With very little games like this out in the world it is a definite recommendation. Expand
  56. Apr 4, 2012
    I never played Flower, but I may just have to after seeing just how well designed this game was. I just finished Journey in one sitting and I'm about to start my second playthrough. It is quite short, but that is sort of the point and I wonder if it would ruin the experience if it was longer. The game has a very minimalistic approach to its storyline that is defined by the environmentI never played Flower, but I may just have to after seeing just how well designed this game was. I just finished Journey in one sitting and I'm about to start my second playthrough. It is quite short, but that is sort of the point and I wonder if it would ruin the experience if it was longer. The game has a very minimalistic approach to its storyline that is defined by the environment rather than dialogue, much like Shadow of the Colossus. The music's absolutely incredible. I recommend the game to everyone, particularly if you can find it on sale for $10 or less. I don't know if it'll be my favorite game at the end of the year, but I guarantee that it'll be on the list. I have no doubt whatsoever that this will be the best downloadable title you play all year, and perhaps this decade. Expand
  57. Apr 14, 2012
    A unique, amazing experience. Play this if you own a PS3. Visuals and music are perfect. Multiplayer is unique but doesn't add anything gameplay-wise. Story is open for interpretation but the ending is pretty emotional.
  58. May 25, 2012
    Shocked that it lived up to the hype.

Very expensive for the playtime, and not sure I'd fancy a second playthrough, but well worth it the for the experience you won't get in other titles.
  59. Apr 22, 2012
    As authors said: this is not a game, it's an "experience". After completing it many times I can fully agree with this statement. The Journey is an artistic masterpiecie designed to move these tiny rusty gears which remain unused for most of the time inside our hearts. It brings out an unique feeling of longing for the Light: whatever the Light is...
  60. May 1, 2012
    Calling Journey a game is, in my opinion, a complete misunderstanding of what thatgamecompany set out to do. Journey, like there previous titles (Flow and Flower) is an experience. One of intense struggles and vivid calms. Visually, Journey is stunning. Its art direction is unique and really pulls the player in to this world so thoughtfully crafted by Jenova Chen and his team. Journey isCalling Journey a game is, in my opinion, a complete misunderstanding of what thatgamecompany set out to do. Journey, like there previous titles (Flow and Flower) is an experience. One of intense struggles and vivid calms. Visually, Journey is stunning. Its art direction is unique and really pulls the player in to this world so thoughtfully crafted by Jenova Chen and his team. Journey is a MUST BUY for any PS3 owner, whether its used as an entertainment title, or as a method to relax after a hard days work. Expand
  61. May 7, 2012
    This game shines not by lenght or by pure gameplay. Instead, it makes you reflect and enjoy the simples feelings defined as joy, friendship, curiosity, hardships and rewards. It is a game for those who apreciates an artistic-driven game, such as Ico or Shadow of Colossus. Journey takes you to beautiful landscapes and puzzles you with an intriguing story of a kingdom that let its selfishThis game shines not by lenght or by pure gameplay. Instead, it makes you reflect and enjoy the simples feelings defined as joy, friendship, curiosity, hardships and rewards. It is a game for those who apreciates an artistic-driven game, such as Ico or Shadow of Colossus. Journey takes you to beautiful landscapes and puzzles you with an intriguing story of a kingdom that let its selfish feelings become their own ultimate destruction - sadly reflecting our own possible future. You feel as a ghost or a humble child as you wander through the desolate - but amazing - ruins. Once in a while you can discover another "ghost" wandering the same landscape - and the multiplayer is all about forging bonds with your companion and understanding what they want and how they feel without the use of segregated things like languages. Music is enough. Who knows if we might sometime learn this lesson. Expand
  62. May 11, 2012
    Very few games could be considered art. Journey is one of those games. It's not long, but the time spent with Journey is will provide feeling and emotions rarely seen in other games. The game is made by "thatgamecompany". And if you are familiar with some of their other games you will understand what I ment by a game being art. This time around it is more an adventure then you would findVery few games could be considered art. Journey is one of those games. It's not long, but the time spent with Journey is will provide feeling and emotions rarely seen in other games. The game is made by "thatgamecompany". And if you are familiar with some of their other games you will understand what I ment by a game being art. This time around it is more an adventure then you would find in the pervious games Flow or Flower. But still has a "thatgamecompany" feel. The game will run $14.99 which can be considered expensive for the length. But very few games will give you the same experience as Journey.

You will find yourself in a desert with no directions or given purpose, but a light off in the distance. Along your way you will encounter other characters with no name or information. But they soon will become your partner through thick or thing. Your only ways to communicate are "charms" your characters can give off. But it's surprising how much you can understand what your partner wants you to do. I would recommend going into this game with as little information as possible. Finding out this info is what makes the experience of Journey. If possible, try and play the game in one sitting. Try and clear a 2:30 to 3 hour time period.
  63. May 11, 2012
    Yes, it's short. Yes, it's linear. Yes, it's easy. Yes, I loved it. I found it relaxing, fun and beautiful. It's not the perfect gaming experience but it is pretty close. It is a much needed change of pace and that's what makes it so special. I played through two or three times and then used the level select option to farm for a few more trophies. Highly recommended.
  64. Jun 3, 2012
    I can't even begin to describe how I feel about this game, can we call it a game? I don't know! Right from the start I was hooked by the incredible sounds and the game did a fantastic job of making you really care for what was happening. The pace can feel very slow at times but then all of a sudden something hits you out of no where and puts a big fat grin on your face. The 'online'I can't even begin to describe how I feel about this game, can we call it a game? I don't know! Right from the start I was hooked by the incredible sounds and the game did a fantastic job of making you really care for what was happening. The pace can feel very slow at times but then all of a sudden something hits you out of no where and puts a big fat grin on your face. The 'online' experience feels very unique, a random player may all of a sudden pop up out of nowhere and carry out their Journey with you, helping you to find extras within the game or just a second character to walk along with. All in all this is a fantastic experience which everyone should try at least once. Expand
  65. Jul 18, 2012
    Beautiful game. And this game is a experience! There is no other game like this. This is emotionally engaging adventure from beginning to the epic ending.
  66. Feb 21, 2013
    Journey, assim como Flower, Shadow of The Colossus, possui uma grande profundidade artistica, e são poucas pessoas que não enxergam isso, e essas pessoas que dão notas ruins e não possuem sensibilidade artística. Eu não possuo essa capacidade ainda, mas reconheço quando um jogo busca profundidade ao invés de jogatina. Journey um jogo para aqueles que buscam um jogo diferente do padrão,Journey, assim como Flower, Shadow of The Colossus, possui uma grande profundidade artistica, e são poucas pessoas que não enxergam isso, e essas pessoas que dão notas ruins e não possuem sensibilidade artística. Eu não possuo essa capacidade ainda, mas reconheço quando um jogo busca profundidade ao invés de jogatina. Journey um jogo para aqueles que buscam um jogo diferente do padrão, não apenas para jogar, mas algo filosófico. Expand
  67. Sep 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have mixed feelings about Journey, because it's unlike any game I've ever played. If I were to have reviewed this after my first time through, I'd have rated it a 4 or 5...but after subsequent journeys, something clicked and I just "got it." I feel like a hippie saying that, but there it is. LOL! On the one hand, Journey is short. When I initially finished it after fumbling my way through, I remember thinking, "That's it??? What the HELL?!" Then I played it again. And again. I don't know why, but something about the experience touched me, and I don't know why. I think part of it is the experience of communicating with other people without the use of words...and cooperating with whoever you happen to meet up with without being able to articulate emotions like gratitude, frustration or happiness (when I've been helped by someone, I chirp 3 times hoping the other player knows I'm trying to say, "You're AWESOME." LOL!). This might sound cheesy, but it gave me hope that someday humanity may be able to surpass its differences - cultural, linguistic, etc. - and we will be able to build a better world. This is NOT a normal video game, so if you're looking for something challenging that requires skill, this is NOT the game for you. If you're looking for a surreal experience that feels more like art than a game, then you'll really enjoy this. My impression is that it's a kind of psychedelic game in that it has a deeper point other than leveling or killing mobs. I hate to sound like every other reviewer on the internet, but it's more like art than a game - and yet it is a game. After I initially rushed through my first journey and then went on several more journeys grinding for my white dress (lol) and farmed achievements...each subsequent one felt more like a meditation, if that makes sense. This game is beautiful, simple and touching. Even though I had no idea who I was playing with (you don't get to see the ID of the people you run into until after the credits) I actually *cared* about most of them and grew to like them - even though we only communicated with chirps. Journey is an artistic, spiritual experience using gaming as a medium. I play it when I want to relax and not feel the pressure to grind, stay alive or achieve that epic win. It's truly revolutionary, and though I don't play it every day, it holds a special place in my heart and I can't help but love it. Expand
  68. Jan 12, 2014
    For such a short game (roughly around 2 hours for a play through), it's incredibly rich, both in emotional depth, and graphical fidelity, it's a beautiful game, and It's all about immersion, much in the same way that Shadow of the Colossus was. When I initially sat down to play, I wasn't thinking about play time, and then before I knew it, it was over. It wasn't my intention to playFor such a short game (roughly around 2 hours for a play through), it's incredibly rich, both in emotional depth, and graphical fidelity, it's a beautiful game, and It's all about immersion, much in the same way that Shadow of the Colossus was. When I initially sat down to play, I wasn't thinking about play time, and then before I knew it, it was over. It wasn't my intention to play through the entire game in one sitting, but when I got started, it was difficult to stop right in the middle. My first reaction was to go back and play it again though. Despite the fact that the game itself is fairly short, it's replay value is really high. Especially if you're the type of gamer who likes to accomplish trophies. Your first time through, you'll be lucky to achieve one or two trophies.

Amazingly, there isn't a single line of spoken dialog in the entire game, but there's a fairly deep and engaging story that unfolds (so long as you're paying attention).

I would recommend this game to anyone who is into puzzle games, platformers, or anyone who just wants something a little bit different to play.
  69. Jul 30, 2013
    This was a nice divergence from your typical AAA game. I took one point away because of the price, though...I don't think it's worth $15, $5-10 is more appropriate.
  70. Jan 31, 2013
    Beautiful. That is the best way to describe this game. Whether the player had an emotional reaction or just an appreciation for the visual and audio art all comes down to preference. And that's what's so special about this game.
  71. Jan 6, 2013
    Actually more like a 9.5... If you are willing to pay $15 for an awesome two-hour movie, then cough up the money and download this two-hour game. It looks amazing and the soundtrack is perfect. I doubt everyone will feel exactly how I felt, but I can definitely say that it is really an experience.
  72. Jan 25, 2013
    Let me begin by saying I was not looking forward or excited to even start playing this game. With in the first few minutes I was very negative and not liking how the game started and how slow it was. As time went on the game started to pick up in speed and become more interesting. Along the way you are accompanied with a companion from someone else playing online with you. You will feelLet me begin by saying I was not looking forward or excited to even start playing this game. With in the first few minutes I was very negative and not liking how the game started and how slow it was. As time went on the game started to pick up in speed and become more interesting. Along the way you are accompanied with a companion from someone else playing online with you. You will feel deep thoughts and emotions when playing this game. The art work is breath taking and the music as well. Over all do not! come in to this game negative. Give it a chance like I have and you will be glad you did. The thought of this game will never leave my mind. This game changes your view on life. Thank you Expand
  73. Jan 16, 2014
    I'm not much into gaming. Actually I'm not into it at all. Maybe that's why I liked Journey, such a visual and silent adventure of which you can feel all the depth. You just wish it were longer.
  74. Sep 20, 2013
    Great soundtrack, great atmosphere, great ending just a great game and one of my top 5 games of all time. It wasn't that hard but one of my most memorable games.
  75. Apr 23, 2013
    Mark my words, Journey will go on to be one of the most influential games in history. It’s proved that a game doesn’t need dialogue to tell a beautiful story, and that a game doesn’t have to be long to be impact a gamer forever, and that it doesn’t need to come in a box to do this. The developer thatgamecompany has set an incredibly high bar and simultaneously lowered it. Without the needMark my words, Journey will go on to be one of the most influential games in history. It’s proved that a game doesn’t need dialogue to tell a beautiful story, and that a game doesn’t have to be long to be impact a gamer forever, and that it doesn’t need to come in a box to do this. The developer thatgamecompany has set an incredibly high bar and simultaneously lowered it. Without the need of a huge budget or luxuries AAA titles are given, they have proven that games indeed are art.
    Thomas Merton once said, “Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.” Journey made people drown in creativity and be lost within a painting. We wondered what was next, we became attached to this cloaked figure that we knew nothing about and more we learned his story with him the closer we got to him. This journey, set in the most beautiful world in gaming I’ve ever seen, heard or felt, is what gaming is all about; living the experience.
  76. May 3, 2013
    I was blown away by this game. With that said, I did come into it with minimal expectations. It is exciting to see a publisher take a chance for a change. The game's simplicity brings me back to my old days of playing NES. It's definitely not the best game ever, and I hope that they don't make a sequel. I believe that it is as good as it can be. I don't need to play it again, and II was blown away by this game. With that said, I did come into it with minimal expectations. It is exciting to see a publisher take a chance for a change. The game's simplicity brings me back to my old days of playing NES. It's definitely not the best game ever, and I hope that they don't make a sequel. I believe that it is as good as it can be. I don't need to play it again, and I don't need to play another game like it. It was an interesting experience that was very enjoyable for me. Some critiques people will probably have with this game are that it is too short, too simple, and too vague. While it is short, simple, and vague it still delivers. I can't think of another game that would have been able to pull this off. Expand
  77. Jun 23, 2013
    Journey is a very impressive platform adventure game. It uses the mysterious cloaked characters slight body language with a compelling musical score to set the tone for this ethereal quest across seemingly endless desert sands, deep dark oceans, and scaling a large unforgiving mountain to reach the Summit and complete his goal. Anyone with a ps3 should take this epic journey.
  78. Jul 17, 2013
    Journey is a great game. Too bad that many players don't seem to understand it. It's basically the opposite of all those FPS games out there.

First, the graphics and art direction simply look great, especially the lightning and reflections which helps the atmosphere much. Otherwise, Journey isn't a traditionally game and is more meant to play on your heartstrings. The desert you

The desert you travel through for the most time is very open but also empty and lonely. Basically, I started to feel lonely after three "rooms" (the sections are seperated by a silent spirit, thats all I can say without spoiler, that leads you through the story of the game, which are shown in animated "paintings" which you have to interpret).

When you play online, you meet other random players on your journey. I actually felt happy to finally see something else but the empty desert, which was obviously intentional by the developers. It's really satisfying when a player actually joins you and it's also kinda depressing when you lose that player, which might happen. You manage to distinguish between players just by watching their behaviour. It's brilliantly executed and something completely different.

The gameplay is slow and relaxing at first; you need some patience. You might know that from the game Flower. But it also has some fast and spectacular moments and yes, there are enemies, too.
    It's less about the gaming experience, but more about the emotional impact on the player many games aren't even attempting that and are forgettable. Once you try to meet with another player via trial and error, this game will stick in your mind. It's interesting what some players do, making sounds in a certain rythm or attempting to write messages in the sand and snow by floating over it.

And no the ending isn't as it was described here before. You just have to understand it to fully appreciate it. And if you are open to something different and artsy, you should play it.
  79. Oct 6, 2013
    This game is simply inspiring, as Flower was. A must to play, alone and in company. Remarkable BSO. Waiting for more works from this crew. Congratulations.
  80. Oct 14, 2013
    A very unique game. I loved the flow, the feeling of a mystical middle eastern land where the background music put me in a very serene frame of mind. It should be noted that I normally love FPS and dislike most RPG's but the music and motion flow in the demo caught me and I bought the game. Yes it was a tad short and for those expecting a big boss fight or massive sparks-flying end it mayA very unique game. I loved the flow, the feeling of a mystical middle eastern land where the background music put me in a very serene frame of mind. It should be noted that I normally love FPS and dislike most RPG's but the music and motion flow in the demo caught me and I bought the game. Yes it was a tad short and for those expecting a big boss fight or massive sparks-flying end it may have been a bit of a downer but some experiences are not about blowing up a giant bad guy... it's the JOURNEY. Expand
  81. Jul 30, 2014
    Never expected his, but Journey is a truly wonderful adventure. Yes, you can finish it in 2 hours, but in these 2 hours, Journey provides much stronger experience and impact than many other titles are not able to achieve even in tens of hours. Even online element have been used in a very clever way, doesn't distract you at all and further strengthens the emotional response. Must-play forNever expected his, but Journey is a truly wonderful adventure. Yes, you can finish it in 2 hours, but in these 2 hours, Journey provides much stronger experience and impact than many other titles are not able to achieve even in tens of hours. Even online element have been used in a very clever way, doesn't distract you at all and further strengthens the emotional response. Must-play for all PS3 owners. 9/10 Expand
  82. Jul 7, 2014
    Very good game.

The good - really good game. It's one of those things that you have to experience for yourself, words don't even do it justice. Think of it as a really good art film - which means no overt violence or sexualized characters. Great for gamers with kids in the household too. The bad - the game is very short - 3 hours-ish short. Even when you shoot for all the trophies
    Very good game.

The bad - the game is very short - 3 hours-ish short. Even when you shoot for all the trophies (which I don't usually go for), it's still over too soon.
  83. Jul 16, 2014
    Let me start off by saying this game is my game of the year for 2012. But it's not for everyone.

Journey is a unique, beautiful and wondrous tale through its amazing and peaceful score. You play as robed being in the middle of the desert and your objective is clear. Reach the top of a mountain in the very distant background. There is absolutely no voice acting or violence in the game. But, that doesn't take the charm and beauty away from this game.

As you slide down the gorgeous sand dunes listening to the amazing score, others players will simultaneously join you on your adventure. The only way you can communicate with the other player is pressing circle which makes a very unique and peasant sound.

The only negative thing I can say about this game is that it's only an hour and half, two hours max.

Journey is a unique, beautiful and innovative. This game shows that video games don't need violence or voice acting to be a fantastic game. This game is one of the best I've ever played.
  84. Oct 13, 2014
    "Journey" was full of surprises for me. Somehow I thought the whole game would take place in the desert, and because I don't like deserts, I was somewhat hesitant at first. But I was proven wrong by "thatgamecompany" in terms of limited environment and climate.

It has beautiful graphics. Especially the lighting is outstanding. The environment responds to your movements and actions, and the interaction with the NPC is really fluid. The soundtracks are fitting, though some felt rather dull. The partner based multiplayer is well implemented, and it feels really great to go through the whole journey with the same partner. At times you teach each other, show hidden paths to symbols and glyphs.

What really makes "Journey" such a jaw-dropping experience must be the pacing. In my opinion, the progression of the events makes the game truly similar to "real life". The game doesn't hold your hand, even though there's no complex puzzles whatsoever, you have to figure out what you have to do on your on if a partner does not guide you, which makes it a joy to explore and observe.

Recommended for: People looking for a relaxing, enlightening and peaceful experience.
  85. Mar 12, 2015
    the game is the definition of the monomyth, the story is told without dialogue yet it gives out a clear understanding of the past culture of the desert. the graphics are beautifull ! the gameplay is simple and its main purpose is to travel and explore the world of the desert ruins while going all the way to the mountain. the soundtrack itslef is pretty amazing. its a game to relax and playthe game is the definition of the monomyth, the story is told without dialogue yet it gives out a clear understanding of the past culture of the desert. the graphics are beautifull ! the gameplay is simple and its main purpose is to travel and explore the world of the desert ruins while going all the way to the mountain. the soundtrack itslef is pretty amazing. its a game to relax and play with wonder and awe. Expand
  86. Mar 13, 2012
    Journey is a great little game. Amazing graphics, great music, and a somewhat unique multiplayer mechanic make it a memorable experience. I especially liked the fact that there was no dialogue so you were forced to use the sounds and body language of your character in order to communicate with your companion. I felt like it could have been just a little bit longer.. maybe another hour orJourney is a great little game. Amazing graphics, great music, and a somewhat unique multiplayer mechanic make it a memorable experience. I especially liked the fact that there was no dialogue so you were forced to use the sounds and body language of your character in order to communicate with your companion. I felt like it could have been just a little bit longer.. maybe another hour or so. All in all, definitely worth $15. Expand
  87. Mar 14, 2012
    It's a great game, it's better then great it could of been one of the BEST games of 2012 if it was an actual 60$ game. bottom line is it shouldn't be called journey, a journey doesn't take 1 hour of gameplay, it was one of the biggest game teases, because i was having so much fun taking my time, admiring the beuty and then Bam the ending hits you and it's a game over. im not sure if iIt's a great game, it's better then great it could of been one of the BEST games of 2012 if it was an actual 60$ game. bottom line is it shouldn't be called journey, a journey doesn't take 1 hour of gameplay, it was one of the biggest game teases, because i was having so much fun taking my time, admiring the beuty and then Bam the ending hits you and it's a game over. im not sure if i would have spent 15 dollars if i knew it was this short, but it does deserve an 8 because of everything else except lasting appeal Expand
  88. Dec 17, 2012
    Definitely not the best game ever created, but one of the most unique. I have never played a game with such fantastic multiplayer as this one. I found myself questioning whether it was an actual person or not many times throughout the game only to be stunned to see 5 people that I met along the way. I can't emphasize how good that multiplayer is, holy cow. The problem is, besides theDefinitely not the best game ever created, but one of the most unique. I have never played a game with such fantastic multiplayer as this one. I found myself questioning whether it was an actual person or not many times throughout the game only to be stunned to see 5 people that I met along the way. I can't emphasize how good that multiplayer is, holy cow. The problem is, besides the multiplayer and beautiful look and feel to it, there isn't much to it. Realistically it would be a 5-6/10 game without this perfect coop play. Is it worth the price? I would say so. Expand
  89. Apr 11, 2012
    I didn't play Journey. I watched as my best friend played it. But I was simply captivated by this game. Four main reasons for why it's AWESOME: 1. It really feels unique, not just for the gameplay, but also for the setting and the plot; 2. Journey makes you think about thousand things, from ancient civilisations to cartoons you saw in your childhood, but also - why not? - even poses youI didn't play Journey. I watched as my best friend played it. But I was simply captivated by this game. Four main reasons for why it's AWESOME: 1. It really feels unique, not just for the gameplay, but also for the setting and the plot; 2. Journey makes you think about thousand things, from ancient civilisations to cartoons you saw in your childhood, but also - why not? - even poses you metaphysical questions. 3. Graphics are stunning! 4. Multiplayer... my God, multiplayer in Journey is a masterpiece! Pinging with a stranger is probably more engaging and socializing (albeit in anonymous way) than many hours I spent in WoW and other "social" games... I give this game 8. I would give it 9 if not for the last part before the ending, which left me a bit disappointed because of being a bit too much arcade... It felt like Sonic or Rayman, not Journey... Expand
  90. Mar 29, 2012
    Journey isn't so much a game (of course I shall continue to contradict myself henceforth by referring to it as a game) as it is an experience in the same vein as Dear Esther. But unlike Dear Esther, Journey is genuinely original and manages to offer just enough interactivity and narrative structure to not be categorised as just another boring artsy non-interactive slide-show. Journey isJourney isn't so much a game (of course I shall continue to contradict myself henceforth by referring to it as a game) as it is an experience in the same vein as Dear Esther. But unlike Dear Esther, Journey is genuinely original and manages to offer just enough interactivity and narrative structure to not be categorised as just another boring artsy non-interactive slide-show. Journey is visually stunning, beautifully constructed and wonderfully compelling. The co-op gameplay adds depth and it's genuinely fun singing at people you meet. I don't want to be spoilerific so I won't go into anymore than that. Only drawbacks are a very short playtime (1-2 hours) and a few parts where the game drags a little - offering nothing visually exciting for minutes at a time in such a short game is kind of a pain. But overall definitely worth a look for anyone. Expand
  91. Nov 10, 2013
    Short but oh so sweet. Journey is an adventure platformer that is less about utilizing an array of different game mechanics to overcome a set goal, and more about simply experiencing and sometimes exploring the wondrous setting and adventure the game presents to you. That is not to say interactivity is non existent, but it is light and amounts to little more then traversing the scenes, butShort but oh so sweet. Journey is an adventure platformer that is less about utilizing an array of different game mechanics to overcome a set goal, and more about simply experiencing and sometimes exploring the wondrous setting and adventure the game presents to you. That is not to say interactivity is non existent, but it is light and amounts to little more then traversing the scenes, but what joyous traversal it can be at times. Climbing up a drop in the bucket sand dune while the horizon of sandy needle-points slowly reveal themselves and then whimsically surfing down the other side as you decide to uncover the mysteries behind the next. The visual design and effects do a lot of the legwork in making the game's scenes a visual euphoria, with not only large scale variety like open deserts, pseudo underwater sections, and frosty cliffs, but also little effects that delight such as the High Dynamic Range lighting that sets the sun ablaze, the subtly sparking sand that at certain angles reflects gushes of sunlight, the wind blowing plumes of sand past your feet, and the way the sand shifts and parts when coming in contact with the player or other creatures. Enhancing the game's breathtaking sets to great effect is the soundtrack that amplifies the game's magic and emotional impact. A charming and for some, thought provoking tale with little to show you but so much for you to see, Journey is for people who don't mind simple mechanics and could use some unadulterated wonder. Expand
  92. Mar 20, 2012
    Journey is beautiful and involving. I didn't find it moving, but it is fascinating.

I played online and had a companion for each chapter. I wasn't actually sure whether they were other players or a computer character, because they were integrated into the cut scenes too. It was thrilling. However for an experience this immersive it is over far too quickly. Less is more aesthetically, but

However for an experience this immersive it is over far too quickly. Less is more aesthetically, but I was still exploring after two hours, and was definitely not ready or expecting to have to wrap up so soon. A shame that in the end something so measured ends up feeling attenuated ... Regardless, the game is genuinely stunning, obviously made with love, and it tells a mythic story with a light hand, which I liked. I hope it's a success, as it suggests new directions for what's possible with setting and atmosphere in games.
  93. Dec 11, 2012
    I truly wanted to love journey, and wished it was going to be the best game ever, but in the end although it was beautiful and had amazing graphics, it was an experience not much of a game, and a short one at that. I wish it was a bit longer, but that is the nature of things. still worth trying I enjoyed it, but couldn't help be disappointed by the length. Which is the main reason iI truly wanted to love journey, and wished it was going to be the best game ever, but in the end although it was beautiful and had amazing graphics, it was an experience not much of a game, and a short one at that. I wish it was a bit longer, but that is the nature of things. still worth trying I enjoyed it, but couldn't help be disappointed by the length. Which is the main reason i haven't played the unfinished swan. Expand
  94. Jun 15, 2012
    A sublime video game experience and well worth the price of admission. With beautiful presentation and soundtrack, Journey has a number of moments which will stick with you for a long time.
  95. Jun 15, 2012
    A short but ultimately very sweet PSN gaming experience. Awesome, full orchestral music pieces, amazing art direction, innovative mulitplayer action. A unique game that stands out from the endless sea of FPS shooters.
  96. Aug 14, 2012
    I haven't played this game but I am going to get it very soon based on reading these reviews. The reason I wanted to weigh in is that I'm amazed by a couple people complaining that there isn't much of anywhere to go...Just read the title, it's not about the destination, it's about the JOURNEY. Stop worrying about where you have to go and enjoy living in the moment.
  97. Dec 26, 2012
    This is a solid, decent game. The graphics are as good, if not better than anything the major studios put out. The soundtrack is amazing and the progression is straight forward. It is about two hours in length and costs around $10 - 15 bucks. Journey, however, feels a little over-hyped. Definitely a good game, but not game of the year material. It is cool the developers created a gameThis is a solid, decent game. The graphics are as good, if not better than anything the major studios put out. The soundtrack is amazing and the progression is straight forward. It is about two hours in length and costs around $10 - 15 bucks. Journey, however, feels a little over-hyped. Definitely a good game, but not game of the year material. It is cool the developers created a game different from the norm in an amazing way. Definitely worth a play through, but not much beyond that. Expand
  98. Feb 8, 2013
    Okay, I really don't understand this one. Being a gamer for the past 25 years, I don't understand people telling this game is perfect or close to perfect... Okay it's beautiful and emotive by moments, but no real story, no voice acting, no combat, nothing happens, reaaaaaally slow...
  99. Jun 22, 2013
    I decied to give this a try after all the praise it was receiving and it's easy to see why. Immediately when you start the game you are taken in by the beautiful art style and graphics. Your nameless character then gets up and you move towards the mountain in the distance. Movement in this game is so fluid, your character flows and glides over every sand dune. Thingts get even better whenI decied to give this a try after all the praise it was receiving and it's easy to see why. Immediately when you start the game you are taken in by the beautiful art style and graphics. Your nameless character then gets up and you move towards the mountain in the distance. Movement in this game is so fluid, your character flows and glides over every sand dune. Thingts get even better when you meet another player though. You will join into a match unknowingly and seamlessly and not being able to communicate with a player except with pings from your character is an interesting multiplayer mechanic that I would love to see more of. The game probably is a bit short though which us one of my only criticisms. The best way to play the game is in one uninterupted sitting, just open your mind and absorb yourself in the visuals and the game and take away your own interpretation of the story. Expand

1. Mar 22, 2013
    An ethereal, innovative, emotional cooperative experience, thatgamecompany’s Journey is one that any PlayStation 3 owner should take.
  2. Sep 20, 2012
    If there was ever a game deserving of the word beautiful in it's description, it's Journey. The game is stunning to look at, satisfying to play and oozes atmosphere from every angle of its dynamic story and immersive world. Sure it's short by regular game standards but Journey is not a regular game. If your ready for an experience that will surprise you, move you and stick with you for many years after its done, then maybe this is the Journey for you.
  3. May 14, 2012
    Clever, emotive, and easily the best downloadable game so far this year. [June 2012, p.58]