4.3

1. Sep 27, 2014
    I have this game for ipad and it is not bad and is pretty enjoyable. The only problem is that when you make a choice, it doesn't matter and that choice doesn't affect the story. I think Telltale could have done better, but overall its a good game.
  2. Jun 23, 2014
    I enjoyed this game, the graphics are a step up from back to the future. If you know what kind of game you are getting (heavy rain like game play) then you shouldn’t be disappointed. It's from telltale, you know what your getting for the most part. Most of the ratings are a bit too low, so mines a bit too high.
  3. Jun 17, 2014
    Attention Gamers, this game IS PLAYABLE.. PLEASE STOP USING "zero" just because you didn't like a game.. The post/review underneath mine is 100% correct. Although he's aggravated, his point stands that the game is playable..
    --this game has medium problems. But so do all games.
    --this game has medium problems. But so do all games.
    -This game is a ACTION oriented adventure type game. And it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for a game like this to make it in today's market. I dunno why these devs even try.. It's obvious that the only jurassicPark game that would succeed would be a open world, Dead island, Fallout type of game,or a mmo type game...but I enjoyed my 2 days I played this game.. It gets an 8 because too many angry people are confused and don't comprehend how to use METACRITIC ..overall the game is a 7.. How can someone give a game that works and is at least mildly enjoyable a ZERO??? That's laughable...guys start calling reviewers out for giving games ZERO scores.. It's ruining our own system...ET back in the day is a ZERO cause it was Unplayable and crap..a bad game that DOES work should get a 3 or 4...
    ---is there anyways to enlighten the masses?
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    i just bought the game for 99cents from the ps store and i loved it. i think it was decent and worth playing. it gives out a lot of trophies as well. i nicknamed the game "trophy park" while i was playing it. i think some of the low scores are too harsh. i liked it, plus it's fun to trophy hunt the chapters.
  5. Apr 22, 2014
    Telltale games manages to lose me right at the end with Jurassic Park, a story taking place during and after the original movie. Like all Telltale games, it's a "point 'n click" game. I liked the gameplay and liked the story to an extent, but normal framerate drops and audio cutouts hinder the experience. The story starts out quite strong, and during the first combat sequence, there isTelltale games manages to lose me right at the end with Jurassic Park, a story taking place during and after the original movie. Like all Telltale games, it's a "point 'n click" game. I liked the gameplay and liked the story to an extent, but normal framerate drops and audio cutouts hinder the experience. The story starts out quite strong, and during the first combat sequence, there is a sense of urgency, but towards the last quarter of the 4-part episodic adventure, the story falls flat and can't get up like a downed boxer. Overall, Jurassic Park isn't a great game, but it has some entertainment, only arguably so. Expand
  6. Feb 2, 2012
    Be prepared to get disapointed if you buy this game. I really wanted it to be a good game as i love Jurassic Park so i got it and well it's ironic that it's called Jurassic Park : The Game. It is not a game, you point and click your way through easy puzles, and thats about it! This wouldn't be too bad if the story was good, but nope TellTale failed at this as well. And dont even get meBe prepared to get disapointed if you buy this game. I really wanted it to be a good game as i love Jurassic Park so i got it and well it's ironic that it's called Jurassic Park : The Game. It is not a game, you point and click your way through easy puzles, and thats about it! This wouldn't be too bad if the story was good, but nope TellTale failed at this as well. And dont even get me started about the framerate issues on the PS3, it makes the game unplayable. Trust me, no matter how much you love JP do not waste your money on this "game". Expand
  7. Jan 14, 2012
    What a piece of junk! This is perhaps the biggest waste of money I've ever made on a video game. I was so upset I actually created an account on Metacritic just to lower the score of this awful experience. I only wish I could get a refund. I almost feel like calling my bank and telling them someone stole my credit card. What garbage.
  8. Jan 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off Shut up so what if Telltale gave it's own game 10 Just shut up you Babies.
    Now first off going in I knew the gameplay was going to be similar to Heavy Rain, But it feels Lesser to Heavy Rain since basically one wrong move will end up in a Game over unlike in Heavy rain where characters could die and it would give you different endings, Giving you an incentive to do multiple Playthroughs, there is only only one option in the last chapter similar to that. But it's so late in the game your just done by that point. Now moving on this game would've looked amazing on a IPhone or N64 but on the Ps3 with Games like Uncharted 3 it's just sorta sad to look at especially compared to telltales earlier Back to the future game which didn't look to bad.Now the one thing I can complement is that the plot felt very much Jurassic Park and felt like a good follow up to the first movie...Until partway through where the Game completely Effs up the Series established continuity, firstly are the Raptors, now it was cool to see the raptors but they shouldn't be there, as explained in the film there were only 3 raptors in Site A, the Park, since the "Antagonist" Raptor killed but two raptors and at the end they got eaten by the T-rex. So where did the other Raptors come from? Secondly is the MosaSaur now if a brief Wikipedia search may be wrong but Mosasaurs were not Amphibious therefore a mosquito (the films plot devise for Cloning Dinosaurs) couldn't of bit it so how is a mosasaur there let alone a Aquatic exhibit. Moving on to more Gameplay issues there were times were I couldn't see the Button presses and died so that was an issue, and the oddest is sound now there were times during cutscenes where firstly the lip syncing was horrendous and secondly the voices would suddenly get Louder then quieter like that *Snap*, so I recommend renting the disk version if the Ps3 ever gets one because this game is average at best.
  9. Dec 13, 2011
    I love this game as much as i love the movie. The dinosaurs are cool as ever, especially my favorite Jurassic Park dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus Rex the queen of the Island.
  10. Dec 11, 2011
    As this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not. If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed. Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very longAs this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not. If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed. Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very long cutscene with at the end no gameplay Expand
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    WOW I never Imagined metacritic would remove reviews, TOO BAD,this game is still a ZERO!

Its obvious by the actions of Telltale games that they are desperate for this game to sell, what with destroying a jurassic park themed jeep and trying to stiff the guy that loaned it to them,telltale employees giving false 10's and then following it up by saying that they dont have a problem with that. Nevermind that the game is a linear QTE that pays lip service at best to the JP IP.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    I am a huge Jurassic Park fan and really do like this game, it has some flaws though.

It is a very "on-rails" experience, you don't get much control apart from quick time events and solving a couple of puzzles. The dialogue options are near worthless, after replaying certain scenes it is obvious that your choice is only worth one or two sentences of unique dialogue before going back to the main script.

I understand that a game like this cannot be to open world due to the setting, but more interaction and adding consequences to your actions would be nice. A decent game, but for $30 you can probably get something better.
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    Had a lot of fun playing it of course it flaws(everything in this world does) but to me it brought back a lot of memories I had of the film and I recommend it to anyone that's a fan of the franchise. ^^
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    I think it's stupid to come to vote here just for two single game developer scores, two scores are not representative, responding with tens of bad critics ruins the reality, with not even have been played the game... people like you are contributing to make Metacritic a less trustful place to get game references. I've played the game, and I can say that besides the graphics are notI think it's stupid to come to vote here just for two single game developer scores, two scores are not representative, responding with tens of bad critics ruins the reality, with not even have been played the game... people like you are contributing to make Metacritic a less trustful place to get game references. I've played the game, and I can say that besides the graphics are not according to the games that are being released nowadays, the game it's really funny and has a entertaining history. The locations are accuratelly recreated (the Visitors Center by example), including every single road signal, the vehicles, the overall architecture and even the trees of the enviroments, makes me feel like I'm really experiencing a Jurassic Park movie. They put a lot of imagination to expand the locations of Isla Nublar, and succeded to make them feel like part of the ones we already known. The puzzles are good and nice, and the action sequences are intense. I loved also the fidelity to recreate the dinosaurs, and the new additions are also pretty creative. The characters are pretty credibly and are OK. Personally I loved the scientifical details put along the story, that's part of what Jurassic Park is!. I can say that I loved this game and the experience... It of course could be better in graphics, but at least I've got a pretty funny history. Seeing the older games of Telltale I've understood how much they have improved their graphics... but there's a lot of work to do to gain all public after all.

In my case, I can say I'm satisfied.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  16. yig
    Nov 19, 2011
    Screw Telltale. I love a lot of their stuff, but sending staff do inflate scores is disgusting. I have not played the game, nor will I ever pick it up because of this fiasco.
  17. Nov 19, 2011
    Contendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand whyContendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand why THE EMPLOYEES ARE INFLATING THE SCORE. They are worried for their jobs (and they should be).

'Nuff said.
  18. Nov 19, 2011
    The normal game for the fans. The engine of Heavy Rain liked. In the games played for the sake of the plot, but not for graphics. Sound at altitude.
  19. Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think the game was THAT bad but since several Telltale employees have made fake accounts to boost the score, I'm giving this a zero regardless. Seems only fair.
  20. Nov 18, 2011
    I play TellTale games for 3 reasons: Great Story, interesting characters, and funny dialogue; so while the latter is kind of lacking everything else delivers in Jurrasic Park. I don't play TT games for the gameplay because without any of the previously mentioned stuff then their games would be pointlessly boring, so on that note if you don't like the games from TT or anything similar toI play TellTale games for 3 reasons: Great Story, interesting characters, and funny dialogue; so while the latter is kind of lacking everything else delivers in Jurrasic Park. I don't play TT games for the gameplay because without any of the previously mentioned stuff then their games would be pointlessly boring, so on that note if you don't like the games from TT or anything similar to Heavy Rain then you wil not enjoy this game. That being said I really enjoyed this game due to so many reasons like it feels just like the movies, the soundtrack is awesome(espically since its just the movies soundtrack copy and pasted into this game), and deaths that make you want to fail on purpose. Sure there are some bad such as the PS2 graphics and slowdown on the PS3 that espically pissed me off. Looking past all that, JP is gonna be one of those games where you either love it or hate it, but I enjoyed the hell out of it especially for a 8-10 hour game that only costs 30 dollars so haters quit your **** Expand
  21. Nov 18, 2011
    Wow was looking forward to this game, purely down to nostalgia. However this could be one of the worst games I have ever played.........Ever. Such a waste of money, and tbh, quite lacklustre, and dull. The puzzles are ok, but apart from this, time spent, is time wasted. Shame.
  22. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change theSince Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  23. Nov 17, 2011
    If you're looking for a cinematic story in more of a point and click adventure, then Jurassic Park: The Game is, well, your game! Sure, the graphics aren't mind blowing or next gen, but that's not what this game (or any other Telltale game) has been about. The story, the puzzles, everything is in good fun and you can tell by the way this game has been made that Telltale tried to keep it asIf you're looking for a cinematic story in more of a point and click adventure, then Jurassic Park: The Game is, well, your game! Sure, the graphics aren't mind blowing or next gen, but that's not what this game (or any other Telltale game) has been about. The story, the puzzles, everything is in good fun and you can tell by the way this game has been made that Telltale tried to keep it as close as possible to the original movie. Also, the game play is likened more to Heavy Rain, which works great, but only if you're into that kind of thing. Knowing all of this I had a great time playing this game! Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the CharactersFor a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2011
    Very fun game. Feels like a mix between Heavy Rain & L.A Noire. Same graphics & sound as the previous Back to the Future games so if you liked the style of them you will like the style of this. Obviously not gonna win any awards but that's not their goal. 10/10 for pure enjoyment. Makes a change that you can die in a Telltale game too.

1. Jurassic Park: The Game is best described as a low-budget Heavy Rain knock-off filled to the brink with quick time events. But where the buttons you had to press in Heavy Rain made more or less sense, they are completely random in Jurassic Park: The Game. [February 2012, p.104]
  2. All told, Jurassic Park: The Game may be marketed to you as a new-age Dino Crisis and a wild ride, but in reality it plays more like John Hammond's dinosaur tour as it was originally intended. You're locked on a linear track and inelegantly chauffeured through dino dioramas that you'll have close to zero interaction with. The tour grinds to a halt for the occasional toilet break (read: light puzzle moments), but once that business is dispensed with, you're escorted back to your proverbial jeep on a scalextric track and the tour limps on. [January 2012, p.77]
  3. Jan 25, 2012