8.1

1. May 18, 2012
    Didn't really give this game a chance, but I've had this game for a few days and had to sell it. I just didn't like it. It looked like a game for 8 year old's too be honest. I believe this game was meant for people to destroy everything and create chaos, and I'm not into those. The character's voice you're playing pissed me off also lol... and yeah weak story= waste of 60$
  2. Jul 15, 2012
    AH HAHHH! I thought i already reviewed this game (and gave it a very well-deserved zero), but now I get to be satisfied all over again. This is my most hated game of this generation and possibly my most hated game ever. A complete and total excersise in all things that can make a videogame an endless destruction of pure frustration. The first moment of the game leads to a "i hope it gets better', and every moment after that is 'I hate this game'. By the way, everyone who gave this game a score above zero is just kidding. I started a mini-campaign against this game but I burned out quickly. Oh well, this review makes me feel better. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    I love games like this. An open world and so much freedom to buy weapons, order weapondrops and vehicles by helicopter. Mercenaries was one of the most entertaining games I've played. Mercenaries 2 was a let down and that's why I was excited about Just Cause 2, these games are very similar.
    I'll get right down to my problem: The grapling hook and the controls off this game are
    counter-intuitive, they are just awful. The graphling hook doesn't work either, I try to shoot a building and pull myself up but always fall down. That makes this game useless and unplayable. It's such a pity because the world is so big and there's so much to do, so much destruction to be caused and so much fun to be had... if only it would be playable at least. Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2013
    As a newbie to the Just Cause franchise, I found this to be incredibly frustrating and needed to search the Internet for answers for even the most basic tasks.

1. All things considered, Just Cause 2 is comfortably the best "zany" sandboxer out there, and a brilliantly improved sequel to the great-if-flawed original. [Apr 2010, p.60]
  2. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  3. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]