8.1

1. Jan 10, 2011
    I really feel some games fall victim to some weird "reviewer" framework that has developed over the years. This is the case with Just Cause 2. The critics feel compelled to go through a checklist of subjective cons and pros to calculate a score. Voice acting, check, graphics, check, physics check, compelling story, check, character models lip sync correctly, check, 20+hours of gameplay,I really feel some games fall victim to some weird "reviewer" framework that has developed over the years. This is the case with Just Cause 2. The critics feel compelled to go through a checklist of subjective cons and pros to calculate a score. Voice acting, check, graphics, check, physics check, compelling story, check, character models lip sync correctly, check, 20+hours of gameplay, check...etc. Now video game shopping has become like TV shopping! I'm looking at features and technical achievements when really I want to know is this product going to provide me with X amount of fun and experiences. Do the character's lips always sync correctly in Just Cause 2? No. Is the story super compelling and interesting all the time, not really. My only real knock against the game is that quite a few of the faction side missions are identical, which is a bit lame. But all the technical knocks, story, missions and other flaws of this game, it is still great fun, and that's what counts. A lot of other reviewers have described the WOW factor at thinking "I wonder if I can do this.." and always having the answer be YES in this game. That's what sandbox gaming is about. This game is fun period. I played over 12 hours before even attempting the first story mission. I might not make it to the second one! I've already got my money's worth from this game. So go read the positive critics reviews if you're on the fence, and if the gameplay sounds like something you'd like, you have to try this game out. But anyone who gives this game a low score needs to go review mobile phones or something, your talents at reviewing are being wasted on games :) Expand
  2. mbx
    Jan 9, 2013
    Not quite a 10, but close. As an open world game one may feel inclined to compare this game to titles such as GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, etc. Those games do not compare (although sleeping dogs does run on the same engine). For sheer chaos, Just Cause 2 blows those titles away. You can really **** **** up, just cause you can, and that's the brilliance of it. Why? Cause **** you....That's why.Not quite a 10, but close. As an open world game one may feel inclined to compare this game to titles such as GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, etc. Those games do not compare (although sleeping dogs does run on the same engine). For sheer chaos, Just Cause 2 blows those titles away. You can really **** **** up, just cause you can, and that's the brilliance of it. Why? Cause **** you....That's why.

Gamers looking for a story should look elsewhere as this game's story is horrible. The thing that saves it is the fact that the game has a sense of humor; it takes its absurdity and runs with it, and that commands respect. It's good they didn't take it seriously. Cons: Voice acting, Story. The voice acting is like a mix of dialect from 5 separate languages.

There is a massive world for you to explore, many bases, villages and cities to destroy, and it's quite long if you want it to be. Otherwise you can long in casually and **** **** up, just cause you can.
  3. Dec 13, 2010
    this game was a suprise to me . i didnt think it would be this good . since the first just cause game pretty much sucked . well edios and sqaur-enix are on the right path with this series . the world you get to explore is HUGE it makes grand theft autos maps seem tiny . you get a decent amount of wepons and you can upgrade for more ammo, better acuracy , and more power. you can also do thethis game was a suprise to me . i didnt think it would be this good . since the first just cause game pretty much sucked . well edios and sqaur-enix are on the right path with this series . the world you get to explore is HUGE it makes grand theft autos maps seem tiny . you get a decent amount of wepons and you can upgrade for more ammo, better acuracy , and more power. you can also do the same with vehicles which you get alot like over 130 . you can drive just about any thing on 2 wheels and 4 wheels and even helicopters , planes and boats . the mission varity is decent with many ways to approch each mission . the graphics are fantastic with little in the way of pop ups . the envirmonet for being so huge is lush with all kinds of stuff . the grappling hook and parachute are alot of fun to play with . the ability to fast travel to any location you been to is also very nice as it saves boring time in driving or flying to every where you want to go. you can also call in a black market dealer who will drop off wepons and vehicles which is very nice as it saves you time running to a gun shop. the game does have its issues though . it is alittle buggy but not bad when you consider the size of this game and its not very often where i had many isses outside of 3 times in my playthough where i got stuck in some thing and had to reload . the story and voice acting is the biggest downer . the story is pretty boring and i felt little to no intrest in what was going on . the voice acting in some cases is HORRID . the one girl who is in charge of one of the 3 factions is the worst and i couldnt stand hearing her talk i had to skip every cut scean with her she annoyed me so bad. the enimy's can feel cheap some times with them calling in helicopters on you and having it show up with in 5 seconds of you being spotted and the health system sucked they should went with the auto health recharge to full instead of trying to find med kits which in more then a few cases i could find any near the place i was attacking. all in all though it was a real fun game and provided me with almost 50 hours on fun . i do wish they had more side missions as well almost all lot them where so easy and very short. and there is only 7 main missions which also arnt that long for just being 7 missions .the biggest struggle i had was taking down enimy bases . its deffinitly a must check out if you like open world games like grand theft auto. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    Didn't really give this game a chance, but I've had this game for a few days and had to sell it. I just didn't like it. It looked like a game for 8 year old's too be honest. I believe this game was meant for people to destroy everything and create chaos, and I'm not into those. The character's voice you're playing pissed me off also lol... and yeah weak story= waste of 60$
  5. Nov 6, 2011
    Just Cause 2 deserves more credit than it gets. This free roam is so large that it is nearly impossible to explore every inch of area in the game. Despite a couple repetitive missions and settlements, there is lots to do and it is not a problem when it comes to destroying things.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    The best free-roaming game I've ever played. A slightly weak plot, but this is more than made up for in the vast map and outstanding amount of weapons and vehicles available to you
  7. Jul 13, 2012
    This game is the epitome of quantity over quality. Absolute loads of, very well designed it must be said, terrain to explore but due to several severe gameplay issues it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
    Issues include the ridiculous ramp in difficulty as you progress through the game, poor storyline and voice acting, collect-em-up aspect towards progression and due to bizarrely mis-priced items in the games black market, scarcity of weapons/ammo/health etc. the game presents you with a great sandbox yet a fundamental lack of toys to play with in it.
    If the game had, for example, an unlock and customisation system like Saints Row 3, the difficulty curve and story quality of Grand Theft Auto and perhaps some cheat options It would be hard to fault, as it stands however I'm left to wonder how much better this game could have been.
    Here's hoping a third instalment addresses those issues.
  8. Jun 18, 2013
    The definition of open world. One of the bigger game's in the genre, the sheer size of the world is amazing, I'm a veteran of these games from GTA, to Sleeping Dogs(I just finished and beat this, great game), and other open worlds like Deus Ex etc, this game finds itself in top company.

The gameplay is great, and gets better as you get better at it. Graphics arent bad, arent good... The vehicles are ho hum to be honest...THIS GAME IS HUGE...lots and lots to do, main and side missions and item hunting!

Great game
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    Panau is a big world, and while it will probably take about 72 hours or ore of continuous playing to even make a significant dent in it, JC2 is a stylish game with many possibilities for fun, including the driving option and the "heat" levels. The game could be a little bit shorter, and the glitches need to be fixed, but still a great game that'll keep you occupied for those of us who arePanau is a big world, and while it will probably take about 72 hours or ore of continuous playing to even make a significant dent in it, JC2 is a stylish game with many possibilities for fun, including the driving option and the "heat" levels. The game could be a little bit shorter, and the glitches need to be fixed, but still a great game that'll keep you occupied for those of us who are constantly bored of everything. Expand
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    is just cause 2 perfect? no, but it's a pretty damn good game. the Pros: huge world to explore, hundreds of towns,villages, military bases etc, to find. grappling hook is one of the best things in the game, many vehicles. visuals are stunningly beautiful especially when flying. many secrets and easter eggs hidden throughout the world. you get to blow up SH*T. Cons: the voice acting needsis just cause 2 perfect? no, but it's a pretty damn good game. the Pros: huge world to explore, hundreds of towns,villages, military bases etc, to find. grappling hook is one of the best things in the game, many vehicles. visuals are stunningly beautiful especially when flying. many secrets and easter eggs hidden throughout the world. you get to blow up SH*T. Cons: the voice acting needs work, some character animations are glitchy, the quick time events when stealing a vehicle from an enemy are unnecessary. i hope they fix these things in just cause 3 if they do make it, a multiplayer mode would be nice too. but in the end the Pros outshine the Cons so they can easily be ignored. Just cause 2 is a fun game especially if you like exploring. Expand
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    THE GOOD: This game literally lets you play anyway you want. It has the largest and one of the most beautiful open-world maps ever. You can explore over 400 square miles of jungles, cities, villages, mountains, and deserts. The map is highly detailed and features dozens of easter eggs to check out. The games environments are absolutely beautiful. There are around 7 story missions (whichTHE GOOD: This game literally lets you play anyway you want. It has the largest and one of the most beautiful open-world maps ever. You can explore over 400 square miles of jungles, cities, villages, mountains, and deserts. The map is highly detailed and features dozens of easter eggs to check out. The games environments are absolutely beautiful. There are around 7 story missions (which are all very fun) and many many side missions (99% of them are really fun). Then of course there is the option to cause chaos all over the fictional country of Panau. You can conquer hundreds of military bases, villages, and city areas. The amount of destruction you can cause is stunning. The amount of stunts you can do with the many vehicles are amazing. This is literally the ultimate stunt game. The voice acting is fantastic. It is a very polished game with only a few minor glitches. The PS3 version has a feature allowing you to upload gameplay straight to youtube. The grappling hook and parachute combination allow you to easily travel through the game's large map.

THE BAD: The character models in the game are not the best looking. The story can be predictable and somewhat generic at times. There is unfortunately no online modes. The game often requires the player to kill many enemies but there is no real reward for killing them. Causing chaos can sometimes get repetitive.

It is one of the best games ever made! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Must buy!
  12. Aug 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the most addictive and fun games i have yet to encounter. Have just completed the platinum trophy and swear im still not bored with it.
    The controls are fairly easy to grasp, the map is HUGE but this isn't a big deal as getting around is easy as well as fun with the huge array of vehicles available, the gameplay is solid aside from the occasional glitch, graphics are beautiful, the storyline is shockingly bad as is the voice acting, the missions are varied and the majority are great, (flying a fighter jet into a giant rocket in midair never gets old). Its not difficult but not easy either, somewere in the middle, the parachute and grappling hook combination work perfectly and are great fun to use, the explosions are epic, it is addictive, fun, entertaining, hilarious, ridiculous and truly extraordinary game which i love and would recommend to anyone, download the demo at least, you wont be disappointed!
  13. Aug 20, 2010
    The game starts off well but soon goes downhill simply by not upping it's game enough and flaws build up on top of what should be a fun experience. My personal gripe is with the gun controls which are... unique. I brought the game because I took a long time to tire of the demo, if you play the demo for more than 50 times you have the full game for free.
  14. Sep 5, 2010
    Just Cause 2 is a very fun sandbox game. The graphics are great; make you feel like your on a tropical island, especially the water ripples that look so realistic. The explosions look awesome as well. The gameplay is great; you can parachute off cliffs, blow the living day lights out of an army base; use Rico's grappling hook to tether a car to a helicopter and more; and the controls areJust Cause 2 is a very fun sandbox game. The graphics are great; make you feel like your on a tropical island, especially the water ripples that look so realistic. The explosions look awesome as well. The gameplay is great; you can parachute off cliffs, blow the living day lights out of an army base; use Rico's grappling hook to tether a car to a helicopter and more; and the controls are smooth. The replay value is astonishing. There's so much to do like races, rain destruction on enemy bases and collect weapon and vehicle parts to upgrade your arsenal of weapons and/or vehicles. This game will take forever to complete to 100%. I didn't care for the story though and the characters dialog is ruff as well but Just Cause 2 is a blast to play and a definite improvement over its predecessor. Expand
  15. Sep 9, 2010
    Just Cause 2 is an amazing feat in something that some games have been lacking lately: sheer fun.I clocked over 80 hours of game play and still felt like I hadn't scratched the surface of beautiful Panau. Mind not the simple and shallow story. The game-play mechanics and graphics assure hours of fun and exploration.
  16. Oct 12, 2010
    Just Cause 2 is an excellent sand-box game so immense you can't possibly believe it's that huge. The areas in this game are varied and unique featuring snow topped mountains, vast deserts, lush and green forests, and urban cities. All this would be useless without nice graphics. Fortunately, Just Cause 2 doesn't disappoint, offering amazing graphics and views. JC 2 features so many secretJust Cause 2 is an excellent sand-box game so immense you can't possibly believe it's that huge. The areas in this game are varied and unique featuring snow topped mountains, vast deserts, lush and green forests, and urban cities. All this would be useless without nice graphics. Fortunately, Just Cause 2 doesn't disappoint, offering amazing graphics and views. JC 2 features so many secret "easter eggs" and locations its fun to explore and find them. Unfortunately the voice acting is terrible and the shooting and driving and too great either. Luckily addictive gameplay ensures fun. Using a grappling hook you can get creative with kills. For example, tether an enemy to a plane taking off to send him to who-knows-where or drag him on a motorcycle for a "fun" ride. Experimenting on how to kill your enemies is a blast. There are many many vehicles (boats, planes, cars, ATVs, motorcycles, helicopter) and weapons. You can also pull off incredible stunts using your tools of destruction, grapple hook, and parachute. To top it all off, the action is phenomenal, missions include plenty of action to keep your trigger fingers happy. It's a highly recommendable game to all video gamers that like plenty of adrenaline fueled, explosive action in their games. Expand
  17. Oct 17, 2010
    I gave this an 8 because of the free roaming, the story is a bit dull and i think to map is too big and it makes it annoying getting round and using extraction all the time. Some of the faction missions are good but some are just rubbish and don't last very long. Another thing is you can't replay levels without starting the game over. This game is very addictive though and can keep youI gave this an 8 because of the free roaming, the story is a bit dull and i think to map is too big and it makes it annoying getting round and using extraction all the time. Some of the faction missions are good but some are just rubbish and don't last very long. Another thing is you can't replay levels without starting the game over. This game is very addictive though and can keep you playing for over fifty hours. I think this game will be for you if like free roaming games and blowing up stuff. I think i would've given this game a 10 if you could go online and free roam round round the island and blow stuff up with your friends. Expand
  18. Nov 1, 2010
    Great visuals let down by a weak story, impossible to control cars, and a lot of repetition. still a fun game while it lasts though, but do not expect anything like gta iv.
  19. Nov 28, 2010
    Oh. My. God. - What else can I say? This is my game of 2010, it has a spectacular map size and great set piece gaming. One problem I must add is the Storyline, its a bit weak, but, for a massive open world game I am in no way saddened. Buy this now.
  20. Dec 21, 2010
    An initially charming sandbox action game that features a gigantic game world and a hero equipped with a slingshot and a parachute, allowing him to reach any imaginable place on the map. Plays well but the story is practically non-existent and more dumb than camp, and the side activities are seriously limited and horribly repetitive. Great fun at first but in the long run, way too big withAn initially charming sandbox action game that features a gigantic game world and a hero equipped with a slingshot and a parachute, allowing him to reach any imaginable place on the map. Plays well but the story is practically non-existent and more dumb than camp, and the side activities are seriously limited and horribly repetitive. Great fun at first but in the long run, way too big with way too much of the same. Expand
  21. Jan 12, 2011
    A great game at first. Awesome missions, many ways to complete them, variety, but after a while it gets a bit annoying with the missions. Even though i think its a great game! Very unrealistic. Just how we like it.
  22. Mar 18, 2011
    Maybe the greatest sandbox game on the PS3, and definitely one of my favorite games. I spent more than 100 hours on it (and achieved more than 98%), this tells a lot.

This game is just lots of fun. Game mechanics are innovative (hook and chute allow you to get everywhere), the map is varied and huge. You can drive pretty much all vehicles you can find (bikes, cars, choppers, planes, boats, tanks). Action is great (destruction, shooting), weapons are balanced, enemies are somewhat clever.

Now the reasons why I do not give a 10: driving is a bit awkward (hard to keep the car on the road when gaining some speed), the story is not very compelling (more of a B movie plot) and there is too little side quests / rewards.

I think this game should have deserved better critics and some pro reviewers should be ashamed.
  23. Mar 18, 2011
    As a first note I must say that after the first hour of just cause 2 you might be a little disappointed. The controls are difficult to understand at the beginning and the game is all over the place. Once you really understand everything, especially when you find the helicopters and jetplanes the game picks up enourmesly. Basically if you are a fan of ''real'' sandbox games that actuallyAs a first note I must say that after the first hour of just cause 2 you might be a little disappointed. The controls are difficult to understand at the beginning and the game is all over the place. Once you really understand everything, especially when you find the helicopters and jetplanes the game picks up enourmesly. Basically if you are a fan of ''real'' sandbox games that actually let you do everything you want Just cause 2 might be the best out there. The world map is huge and there is a **** ton to explore. The missions are nicely varied and they go from shooting down an entire base to driving an airplane into a flying rocket, just incredibly awsome. As opposed to what some others say I think the voice acting is brilliantly funny. The developers created the game with certain flaws on purpose. They know that the story isn't the important part of the game and they laugh at most cliched action movies out there. Being Riko Rodriguez, some kind of god, you can preety much do whatever you like. The gameplay is really fun when you know the conrolls better. The graphics are amazing. drifting towards the sunset on your parachute right after you landed a helicopter onto a soldeir's face is something for the ages. A note to Rockstar that have lost their ways after GTA 4, THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A BLOODY GOOD SANDBOX GAME. Highly recommended. Expand
  24. Jul 23, 2011
    Gameplay wise, I can't knock the game, use of the grappling hook to drag enemies under your vehicle kept me entertained for hours, and to escape from near death situations did save my life many a time. The main storyline I felt was a tad too short, but the faction missions and various chaos causing activities easily made up for that. My main problem with the game was with the accuracy ofGameplay wise, I can't knock the game, use of the grappling hook to drag enemies under your vehicle kept me entertained for hours, and to escape from near death situations did save my life many a time. The main storyline I felt was a tad too short, but the faction missions and various chaos causing activities easily made up for that. My main problem with the game was with the accuracy of the enemies, while flying a helicopter I find myself being hit with every bullet by guys riding motorcycles at top speed with shotguns, and I was only on normal difficulty too! It seemed a little too unrealistic to me. Other than that minor blip I thoroughly enjoyed the game and recommend it to anyone! Expand
  25. Nov 26, 2011
    In spite of the substantial criticisms I can and will enumerate here, JC2 is worth both your time and your money. It is also one you ought to keep around because you do get tired of it. But soon you will have a desire to go back and play in the enormous sandbox this game is. Now for the criticisms. 1. The environment needs to be much more destructible. It is quite silly that I can take outIn spite of the substantial criticisms I can and will enumerate here, JC2 is worth both your time and your money. It is also one you ought to keep around because you do get tired of it. But soon you will have a desire to go back and play in the enormous sandbox this game is. Now for the criticisms. 1. The environment needs to be much more destructible. It is quite silly that I can take out a generator with a pistol, but I can't knock down the flimsiest house with a rocket launcher. 2. Needs a cover mode so that you can lean against corners and shoot. Very important because of 3. The Psychic Police -- these guys ALWAYS know your exact location, so getting rid of heat involves a long and boring trip into the wilderness. 4. The island of Panau needs to have a much more chaotic, war-torn feel. If you have played the Mercenaries series, you know how environmentally convincing it is when you stumble on factions having an all-out fracas. Here, one vehicle of faction will show up, engage the handful of police, and it's all over in 30 seconds. zzzzzzz. Still, a good game.â Collapse
  26. Oct 30, 2011
    Just Cause 2 is a truly excellent game, with an amazing 600 square mile map, filled with plenty of government property to destroy. The story may not be the equivalent of Lawrence of Arabia or Deus Ex, but it doesn't need to be. Nobody plays Just Cause to be regaled with an epic story, they play it to blow **** up. With a diverse environment, awesome grappling hook movement, and plenty ofJust Cause 2 is a truly excellent game, with an amazing 600 square mile map, filled with plenty of government property to destroy. The story may not be the equivalent of Lawrence of Arabia or Deus Ex, but it doesn't need to be. Nobody plays Just Cause to be regaled with an epic story, they play it to blow **** up. With a diverse environment, awesome grappling hook movement, and plenty of **** to blow up, Just Cause 2 it one of my favorite games of all-time, and definitely on of the best games of 2010. Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2011
    The enjoyment from Just Cause 2 definitely doesn't come from its short singleplayer campaign, but from the abundance of random activities you can preoccupy yourself with. From hijacking helicopters and leaping from tall mountains, to flying around from island to island with your grappling hook, it seems there is always something to be done to keep yourself busy. The story itself is clicheThe enjoyment from Just Cause 2 definitely doesn't come from its short singleplayer campaign, but from the abundance of random activities you can preoccupy yourself with. From hijacking helicopters and leaping from tall mountains, to flying around from island to island with your grappling hook, it seems there is always something to be done to keep yourself busy. The story itself is cliche and fairly simple, although it is quite clear that was the developers motive. It matters little though, because Just Cause 2 allows you to wreak havoc in one of the biggest game worlds I think I've ever experienced. And that alone, is worthy of merit. Expand
  28. Dec 27, 2011
    this was a diamond in the rough for me. once i played the demo, i kept thinking about it, and usually that indicative of a sure fire purchase. the controls were tight, the gameplay addicting, and the missions challenging at time. stunning graphics and open world format makes me want to go back and play it again and again. plenty to do in Panau. there were some interesting bugs and quirksthis was a diamond in the rough for me. once i played the demo, i kept thinking about it, and usually that indicative of a sure fire purchase. the controls were tight, the gameplay addicting, and the missions challenging at time. stunning graphics and open world format makes me want to go back and play it again and again. plenty to do in Panau. there were some interesting bugs and quirks in the game (such as losing all missions points in the game.) but that was probably because my console was dying at that point. but the game is solid and you should play it, if not to add it to your game library. Expand
  29. Jan 18, 2012
    Quantity over quality? Quantity, there is. (Except for the seven super short and super easy â
  30. Feb 24, 2012
    Just cause 2 is one the best games this gen! I dont care what people say.. But this game is AMAZING! The story and graphics are top-notch... i gave it 10/10
  31. Apr 4, 2012
    Just Cause 2 is madness. Pure madness.

You can jump onto a flying helicopter, take control of it, then jump into a jet fighter to land onto a huge disco in midair. A disco zeppelin, that is.

Story is pretty much non-existent and some sidequests get repetitive, but the engine and visuals are great. You can do pretty much anything in this game.
  32. Apr 6, 2012
    The plot may be completely nonsensical, cheap and poor acted out, but Just Cause 2 more than makes up for the silly plot by providing the most fun any open-world game in recent history has.
    The possibilities to explore the Island of Panau, torture civilians and inflict chaos are endless.
    A great game that shouldn't be missed by anyone.
  33. Apr 27, 2012
    I didn't really know much about Just Cause 2 until I saw it recently at a low price on the Playstation Store. I decided to give it a try, and I really don't regret buying it. This game is really fun. The game world is HUGE, and you can go anywhere thanks to the grappling hook, the parachute, and the various vehicles (cars, helicopters, planes, boats, etc). The scenario isn't great though,I didn't really know much about Just Cause 2 until I saw it recently at a low price on the Playstation Store. I decided to give it a try, and I really don't regret buying it. This game is really fun. The game world is HUGE, and you can go anywhere thanks to the grappling hook, the parachute, and the various vehicles (cars, helicopters, planes, boats, etc). The scenario isn't great though, and it's pretty short (only 7 story missions), but there are so many other things to do in order to have fun in this game that it's not really a problem. The dialogs are pretty funny, and the pretty bad voice-acting of some of the main characters make them even more funny (The woman leading the Reapers for example).

All in all, I enjoyed playing through this game and I really recommend it. I'm looking forward to Just Cause 3 now!
  34. Jul 15, 2012
    AH HAHHH! I thought i already reviewed this game (and gave it a very well-deserved zero), but now I get to be satisfied all over again. This is my most hated game of this generation and possibly my most hated game ever. A complete and total excersise in all things that can make a videogame an endless destruction of pure frustration. The first moment of the game leads to a "i hope it getsAH HAHHH! I thought i already reviewed this game (and gave it a very well-deserved zero), but now I get to be satisfied all over again. This is my most hated game of this generation and possibly my most hated game ever. A complete and total excersise in all things that can make a videogame an endless destruction of pure frustration. The first moment of the game leads to a "i hope it gets better', and every moment after that is 'I hate this game'. By the way, everyone who gave this game a score above zero is just kidding. I started a mini-campaign against this game but I burned out quickly. Oh well, this review makes me feel better. Expand
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    6-Presentation; Menus are well laid out, but the story is pretty bad and forgettable.
    10-Graphics; The visuals are just plain gorgeous. Period.
    7-Sound; Voice acting and music is mediocre, but the sound effects are excellent. 9-Game play; The missions are good, and the controls work great once you get used to it. The mechanics and AI are excellent, and are very satisfying and
    10-Graphics; The visuals are just plain gorgeous. Period.
    9-Game play; The missions are good, and the controls work great once you get used to it. The mechanics and AI are excellent, and are very satisfying and innovative.
    10-Lasting appeal; There's crap loads to do, and tons to unlock
    Overall-8.5/10
  36. Oct 30, 2012
    I loved every moment of Just Cause 2, the gameplay is awesome, the environment is beautiful and there are enough faction missions to keep you busy for a while. Not only because it's a sandbox game, I liked to explore the island, there are many fun or strange things that you want to explore, such as a flying dancing club, a cursed island and fun easter eggs. The main story is short, but asI loved every moment of Just Cause 2, the gameplay is awesome, the environment is beautiful and there are enough faction missions to keep you busy for a while. Not only because it's a sandbox game, I liked to explore the island, there are many fun or strange things that you want to explore, such as a flying dancing club, a cursed island and fun easter eggs. The main story is short, but as I said, there are enough faction missions that will keep you amused between the main missions. Expand
  37. Nov 22, 2012
    Melon Reviews- Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
    10.0/10.0- Absolutley Amazing
    Melon Reviews- Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
    10.0/10.0- Absolutley Amazing
    Just Cause 2 is amazing in almost every way. The graphical design, realism, and detail is mind-blowing and on top of that the gameplay is amazing. When Grand Theft Auto IV came out back in 2008, I thought that was the best video game ever, until I played this. Extreme action, violence (and the Mile High Club) make for the manliest and greatest game ever made. Edios finally did it right with Just Cause 2, and I cannot wait until Just Cause 3.
  38. Nov 22, 2012
    Good thing i got over the story line. I wanted to throw up every time i heard a piece of dialog. Seriously, It was like someone punched me in my ear. The graphics and game play were pretty awesome. Amazing actually.
  39. Jan 6, 2013
    fun but it gets boring cool map but its very copy and pasted the game has good graphics but a **** story with repetitive missions the game is fun for the first 30 hours
  40. Feb 9, 2013
    This game is great it puts you in the shoes of Rico and gives you the chance to just blow crap up and kill anyone in sight which will never get old for me the story is absolutely horrible though the main story will give you about 5 hours yes i just said that 5 hours but the tons of side mission will let you forgive that.
  41. Apr 12, 2013
    Just cause 2 pleases my inner child, so much to see and do, so Much to Destroy!, I've close to ignored the story (which I've heard isn't that great anyway) and just wandered around this massive beautiful game like some kind of renegade batman using my gadgets and weapons to reek havoc all over the islands beautiful scenery..
    Nearly anyone can find something they enjoy about just cause 2,
    Nearly anyone can find something they enjoy about just cause 2, I challenge any gamer to play this and find nothing they enjoy (you won't)..

It took me awhile to get into it, the controls were hard to pick up at first and I gave up, and just cause 2 sat waiting in the dark for a good 6 months before i gave it a second go, and discovered this game was a diamond in rough (by rough I mean all my crappy games sitting in the dark never to be played)..

If you still haven't picked up just cause 2, or have it sitting away in the cupboard unplayed, buy it, or get it out and dust it off, you won't regret it..
  42. May 16, 2013
    Awesome game!! If you were a big fan of Mercenaries 2 like i was then this is the game for you! The action is crazy, the graphics are beautiful and the world you have to tear up is absolutely huge!! Just don't come expecting an award winning story!
  43. May 25, 2013
    So much left out potential. What if JC2 had multiplayer on the console, wildlife, radio stations & destructible environments? It would've been one of the best sandbox games ever But it's fun, addictive and beautiful to look at. And the story is full of epic missions. 8.0: YEAH!
  44. Aug 23, 2013
    This is the very definition of open world. With miles and miles of varied climates to explore, over a thousand collectibles, hundreds of vehicles, this is the largest game I have ever played.
    The story is fairly cheesy, but can be fun at times, frustrating at others. The sidequests are a bit more varied and fun then the main, but sadly there isn't many of them.
    The grappling hook has
    The grappling hook has been used before in so many things, and is not original, but it's use in this puts all others to shame. It deliberately has cheesy and outrageous action, but this is what makes the game so fun! Causing chaos by blowing up a water tower, Pulling a statue's head off with a tow truck, then use the head I'm dragging along to ram enemy cars, before grappling onto a helicopter, kicking out the pilot, and making my escape. This is why the game's so fun.
    The gameplay is standard controls, but the grappling hook lets you climb almost anything.
    100%ing each of the settlements, (Villages, Cities, Military bases) will take hundreds of hours, I've been playing for who knows how long, and I'm at 58% total completion.
    The graphics are also beautiful, and everything from this game cries GOTY.
  45. Aug 26, 2013
    Just cause 2... well the average hater could explain this in 3 words Explosions, boring, bad graphics ok well 4 words, but they are sadly mistaken just cause 2 is imo the best open world game out there, sure it has a boring story but if you look past the story(or dont do it at all) you will find a huge fun creative open world explode em up with the most random moments from exploding a boatJust cause 2... well the average hater could explain this in 3 words Explosions, boring, bad graphics ok well 4 words, but they are sadly mistaken just cause 2 is imo the best open world game out there, sure it has a boring story but if you look past the story(or dont do it at all) you will find a huge fun creative open world explode em up with the most random moments from exploding a boat just by getting out of it to sending the military guys flying with your grappling hook and the grapping hook being silly itself this is the most random(and fun and silly) open world 3rd person shooter you will ever play Expand
  46. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is awesome its a ridiculously fun free roaming game. In Just Cause 2 you may do whatever u please whether it's hijacking cars, blowing up planes, or destroying military bases. The story may be bad but the story isn't why people play the game they play it because the free roaming is awesome and so is the action. It's a lot of fun using the grappling hook to get up buildings orThis game is awesome its a ridiculously fun free roaming game. In Just Cause 2 you may do whatever u please whether it's hijacking cars, blowing up planes, or destroying military bases. The story may be bad but the story isn't why people play the game they play it because the free roaming is awesome and so is the action. It's a lot of fun using the grappling hook to get up buildings or attach enemies to each other. This game has so much to offer and it is in My Top 10 Games. Expand
  47. Sep 14, 2013
    As a newbie to the Just Cause franchise, I found this to be incredibly frustrating and needed to search the Internet for answers for even the most basic tasks.
  48. Oct 6, 2013
    We need to recognise JC2 for what it is intended to be: a fun-filled, action-packed explosive shooter. In addition, the sheer size of its explorable world is simply amazing.
  49. Dec 1, 2013
    To this day, I still haven't reached 100% completion. Yes, the game is THAT huge. A lot of work has bee put into this game. It's just fun. As for the horrible story? Well, to me, the story was so bad it was good. Lots of stuff to do, driving, flying, skydiving, etc. etc. etc.
  50. Dec 18, 2013
    I love games like this. An open world and so much freedom to buy weapons, order weapondrops and vehicles by helicopter. Mercenaries was one of the most entertaining games I've played. Mercenaries 2 was a let down and that's why I was excited about Just Cause 2, these games are very similar.
    I'll get right down to my problem: The grapling hook and the controls off this game are counter-intuitive, they are just awful. The graphling hook doesn't work either, I try to shoot a building and pull myself up but always fall down. That makes this game useless and unplayable. It's such a pity because the world is so big and there's so much to do, so much destruction to be caused and so much fun to be had... if only it would be playable at least.
  51. Apr 5, 2014
    I have spent hours on this game just exploring and it does not matter about the story and character development this game was made for free-roaming and killing random people and I still have to explore more
  52. Apr 21, 2014
    I bought this game on sale on PSN for about 8 dollars I believe it was. And I would have paid much more for it. I am a huge fan of over the top action and violence and this had it all. The acting was very cheesy but I personally think that went with the whole over the top theme they had going on. After finishing the main story line (which was a bit short but heaps fun) I was only atI bought this game on sale on PSN for about 8 dollars I believe it was. And I would have paid much more for it. I am a huge fan of over the top action and violence and this had it all. The acting was very cheesy but I personally think that went with the whole over the top theme they had going on. After finishing the main story line (which was a bit short but heaps fun) I was only at 25% completition. SO I was sent into Mercenary mode which was basically just finishing all the towns etc. I just had a blast messing around blowing up towers, pulling down those statues and those propaganda trucks. I LOVE this game. I can't believe it took me so long to get it. The graphics for a game that isn't so brand new are surprisingly gorgeous! I would have LOVED to have a really trashy radio station like 80s-90s hits. Would have felt that much more epic when I am hijacking a helicopter.. Expand
  53. Jul 2, 2014
    This game for me is a lighter, less serious version of Grand Theft Auto V. Instead of trying to tell a serious story with complex characters, Just Cause 2 wants to see player generated mayhem to their hearts content. Yes, you can still go on murder sprees with cops and normal people, steal vehicles, etc, but JC2 feels more like an action movie, so it isn't serious about anything butThis game for me is a lighter, less serious version of Grand Theft Auto V. Instead of trying to tell a serious story with complex characters, Just Cause 2 wants to see player generated mayhem to their hearts content. Yes, you can still go on murder sprees with cops and normal people, steal vehicles, etc, but JC2 feels more like an action movie, so it isn't serious about anything but chaos.GTA 5 fans will most likely enjoy this and anyone else who isn't a sandbox game hater will like this. Very engrossing in every way and should last you 30 to 60 hours to get through the main story, but will take over 100 hours to get 100% completion.
    +Giant World
    +Fun Shooting
    +Lots of Missions
    -Poor Narrative
  54. Nov 26, 2011

1. All things considered, Just Cause 2 is comfortably the best "zany" sandboxer out there, and a brilliantly improved sequel to the great-if-flawed original. [Apr 2010, p.60]
  2. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  3. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]