5.2

1. Air
    Aug 27, 2010
    I had been truly hoping for Kane & Lynch 2 to be something special, become the crime thriller video game that everybody had always wanted. I had not played the original Kane & Lynch, so I came into this not knowing quite what to expect. Well, first impressions were quite... nauseating. The filters and camera movement they put in this game can really give you a headache, and I've got toI had been truly hoping for Kane & Lynch 2 to be something special, become the crime thriller video game that everybody had always wanted. I had not played the original Kane & Lynch, so I came into this not knowing quite what to expect. Well, first impressions were quite... nauseating. The filters and camera movement they put in this game can really give you a headache, and I've got to say, this is the first time in my entire history of gaming that I had gotten a headache while playing a game. However, I seem to be a rare case, because other publications love it and even herald it as one of the best looking games of the year. In short, I disagree. But now that we've covered its aesthetics, somewhat, let's move on to the game itself. Dog Days is a pretty average third-person shooter. They do very little to change the cookie-cutter formula that I have already seen in so many games before. There are a couple cool additions such as the ability to limp to cover when you are downed, and there is one single sequence that has your shooting from a helicopter, but everything inbetween is average and often repetitive. However, even if all this was enjoyable (which I assume some game journalists found it to be), the game won't even last you five hours, not including the mediocre arcade mode and dime-a-dozen multiplayer modes (with the exception of Fragile Alliance, which I found to be actually intriguing), and that is what really hurts this game. The gameplay itself is tolerable, and some new mechanics could have been embraced more thoroughly if the developers wished for a better game, but selling a game that can literally be beaten in one sitting just hurts. Luckily I only rented it, because $60 for this "experience" would have really stung. Overall, Kane & Lynch 2 is an ordinary shooter with a truly bizarre hit-or-miss visual filter, which stands as one of its few unique elements. Dog Days true merits come from its Fragile Alliance multiplayer mode and some cool co-op moments, but all in all, Kane & Lynch still has stooped down to mediocrity despite all my hopes. The story is gruesome, cynical, and thrilling, but was still very derivative in many areas, and a number of other design flaws make Dog Days hard to recommend. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    Frankly, there is the stupidity of these are bright in the game in terms of directing
    And the same old style is no Shi enthuses or strengthens the resolve to play!
    Fees are good and bad but they hit the open shot and very primitive.
    Thanks
    by / adil khojah - saudi arabia jedah city
  3. Oct 1, 2010
    I don't really know what to say about this game. There are lots of glitches the story is poor and the game-play a bit monotonous. However there are some redeeming features such as the interesting filter that creates a documentary feeling throughout the game as though you're following two psychopaths doing their daily business of killing people. Even though this makes it look really cool II don't really know what to say about this game. There are lots of glitches the story is poor and the game-play a bit monotonous. However there are some redeeming features such as the interesting filter that creates a documentary feeling throughout the game as though you're following two psychopaths doing their daily business of killing people. Even though this makes it look really cool I believe it was only added to distract and veil the games mediocre graphics. Expand
  4. Sep 19, 2010
    *Update* Having completed almost all modes/campaign, my final more reasonable verdict:
    Short main campaign as you all already guessed and "harsh" connectivity when it comes to playing competitive multiplayer. Gun play could have been better.
    Stylish game, impressive at first & promising but extremely disappointing at the end. The lesson learnt today: never review a game before

The lesson learnt today: never review a game before completing it and taking some distance.

6.5/10
  5. Aug 19, 2010
    I'm several levels in and this game is far from broken as at least one user and some reviewers have suggested. In fact I think it's a decent shooter with an audacious presentation that raises the experience from standard to good. While the faux videocamera perspective will irritate some who don't have the stomach for it, I love it and think it immerses the gamer in this title more thanI'm several levels in and this game is far from broken as at least one user and some reviewers have suggested. In fact I think it's a decent shooter with an audacious presentation that raises the experience from standard to good. While the faux videocamera perspective will irritate some who don't have the stomach for it, I love it and think it immerses the gamer in this title more than most. Admittedly some foes, such as armored ones, take several bullets to put down, but then so do the protagonists. In that way it's fairly balanced. Run of the mill foes like patrolmen and gangsters take a few body shots or one headshot, others like SWAT type police necessarily require more. And no, they're not perfect marksmen. Plenty of shots miss when one on one, it's just that when swarmed by foes you do take a beating. Plus bullets do pass through cover, but only cover that's logically destructible like non-load-bearing walls or containers. Also they exhibit mostly clever AI, advancing and shooting behind cover, and flanking. Yes, some foes, and even Kane, LOL, will charge into the open at times. And while locales are pretty standard, there's a nice variety and they're designed well with opportunities for both sides to flank the opposition. Yes, the story so far is meager, but it's competent and keeps the action moving, as does the dialog and voice acting. Bottom line, play the demo. If you loved it, you'll love the game; if you hated it, don't bother even renting. I haven't tried online yet, but if it's like the demo, I know I'll like it. Expand
  6. Sep 12, 2010
    This is a tough one to review. I can understand why some hate it and some love this game. If your a TF2, CoD, FPS etc hardcore junkie you will not like this game most likely. If you enjoy RE4-5 and like to immerse yourself in the ambiance of a game; you are more likely to like this game. This game is fun for small spurts with friends but becomes a bit one-dimensional with the hide andThis is a tough one to review. I can understand why some hate it and some love this game. If your a TF2, CoD, FPS etc hardcore junkie you will not like this game most likely. If you enjoy RE4-5 and like to immerse yourself in the ambiance of a game; you are more likely to like this game. This game is fun for small spurts with friends but becomes a bit one-dimensional with the hide and shoot aspect. To call that an aspect is a bit of understatement because it is 90% of the game. There are some tactics and you do have to work as a team to constantly outflank the enemy but overall it's the same thing over and over and over again. I would recommend this as a rental if you have time to blow through the story. I haven't tried this on multi-player yet and can't even begin to think on how frustrating that would be, because I already forgot to previously mention that your PoV is like Blair Witch shaky I'm gonna puke camera work. It helps for the feeling of the game but totally hinders your control of your actions. Putting aside all the negative things to me this game is fun but not $54.95 dollars fun. The voice acting is good, the graphics are good not great, and feels as polished as it could be but this is a game that could be so much better. Expand
  7. Aug 20, 2010
    Showcases whats wrong with video games. To call it "the Transformers 2 of video games" it a bit harsh, whoever worked on the graphics and heroless story deserves their next meal.
  8. Feb 26, 2012
    Since the market is saturated with first person shooters, happy to have this as a third person alternative. On the plus side, great shooting, interesting environments, ok graphics. Negative, killing dogs and the short campaign. Definitely worth a play at the discount price you can get it now. Series holds a lot of potential. Gritty. For third person fans, it's a fine escape for a couple hours.
  9. Dec 18, 2013
    This game is not as bad as they say. There aren't a lot of good games to play in couch co-op campaign and this one has. The gameplay is good but very limited in size and scope. It's very short and a lot off times we didn't know what to do.
    But it was funny and entertaining to play with a friend and that's what counts. If you find this in the bargain bin, steal it, I mean buy it.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Kane & Lynch 2 is as much an online grudge generator as it is a video game. [Issue#51, p.120]
  2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an interesting beast because it really shouldn't exist. Outside of a unique art style it brings nothing new to the genre and does little to improve over the original game, which I might add, was far from a good game.
  3. Better than the first title, but due to lackluster visuals (lights above can even leave visible bars on the screen), erratic AI, and the frustration level enhanced by foes that never miss and guns that suck, it still falls shy of the "must-try" plateau.