3.6

1. Mar 26, 2011
    i got this game for free and i am glad i did not waste money on buying it because it is not a good game at all. first off ill start with the story it does not make sense in the begining and it is altogether very stupid and im pretty sure it has been done before but as a couple movies (minus the stupid sidekick that is) and this is not counting the dificulty, at some points it is so easyi got this game for free and i am glad i did not waste money on buying it because it is not a good game at all. first off ill start with the story it does not make sense in the begining and it is altogether very stupid and im pretty sure it has been done before but as a couple movies (minus the stupid sidekick that is) and this is not counting the dificulty, at some points it is so easy but then it becomes extreamly hard the next mission and they drop the F bomb in almost every sentence like a little kid who just found the word. CO-OP this is not very good either since you get almost no room to see anything and it makes it hard to play the game and i found myself fighting with my partner over what to do because we could not see anything in full which is important. have not played online so no comment. the graphics were ok i guess for the time it came out but does not make up for the clunky controls, the bugs, the awful voice acting, horrible co-op and horrible story. stay away and do not let this game anywhere near your PS3 Expand
  2. AlanW.
    Dec 2, 2007
    One of the most dreary and tedious pieces of work I have seen. Maybe OK for masochists.
  3. benjyx
    Feb 29, 2008
    Yes, this is a very weak game. The hype that surrounded this made me want it. It showed a lot of promise and could have been really good, but no it was spoiled completely. However the same can be said for io's last big game (Hitman) after a poor first game the series has gotten a lot better, so Kane and Lynch 4 could be more worthy of your money!
  4. IanR.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Got this game free with my PS3 and frankly couldn't see a visual difference to the game I'd been playing before (Scarface on original XBOX). So my first taste of "next gen" graphics were some what disappointing. I completed it then swiftly traded it, not completely crap but not far off!
  5. CarlosF.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This game fails on all major parts, Bad story, bad gameplay, sub par graphics, bad multiplayer. Don buy it.
  6. TRUTHHurts
    Dec 19, 2007
    An aborration of a game. So horrible that it may make you never wat to play games again. A complete fail on every level. Compared to some of the pure artistry coming out at the moment this game SUCKS. They tried to buy reviews which should be warning enough. PURE RUBBISH. Less than 0.
  7. WalterV.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Failed at trying to be original with multiplayer experience. Failed at trying to be "cool" by infesting vulgar expression whenever possible. Failed at great graphics, pre-"next gen" graphics. This is not even worth renting.
  8. VietP.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Poor control, online lack quality, and game say too many F word which may get repetitive.
  9. JaxJ.
    Dec 3, 2007
    Phail. Absolute phail. The game is just... Very bad. There is no depth in both the singleplayer and multiplayer. Eidos used very much time on this game, and we can see that it didn't help. The controls are lousy, and the game is not warm.
  10. KevinT
    Feb 8, 2008
    The only reason I give this game a 1 is because I feel like a zero would be like putting a bagel in my ps3... this was an actual disk that played.. Horribly but it played.. the controls are awful the graphics lacking and I couldnt play long enough to get into the story... rob a bank, you say? sounds fun.. well here is a game that can make that not fun..
  11. AdamP
    Dec 2, 2009
    Pretty terrible. The 3rd person puts your character to the bottom left of the screen and camera movement rotates around your character. Extremely disorienting. The graphics are very bland. Police will die from a foot shot but will remain un-phased from 2 shots in the head. Plot might be good later on, but I just couldn't keep playing it.
  12. IshmaelZ.
    Dec 1, 2007
    And I thought "Deal or No Deal" on the Nintendo DS was bad. This game was downright unplayable. There are so many solid first-person shooters available, there is absolutely no excuse to waste money on this game.
  13. RyanB.
    Dec 26, 2007
    One word: broken. This game just dosen't feel like a fully polished game. Sounds die out randomly, animations skip about, the AI walks around like chickens with their heads cut off. The only thing this game has going for it is a semi-intreging story and co-op mode. Other wise, do not ever put your hard earned money into this game!

1. Rough edges aside, Kane & Lynch is still a solid squad-based shooter with plenty of action, great characters, tight story and a slew of cinematic influences so brazenly clear you can't help but smirk at them.
    Frustration should never enter into a game because of the mechanics, but with Kane & Lynch it does. Loose gameplay, a brief campaign, and a single (albeit good) online mode with four maps hurt this title that could have been so much more.
  3. The right combination of gameplay elements and design decisions make Kane and Lynch easy to recommend to crime junkies and anyone who enjoys a little therapeutic videogame violence. A well-executed plot really makes the game, while the multiplayer additions add replay value and variety.