8.1

1. Nov 24, 2012
    If you like a simple game that inspires your inner child, this is the game for you. It
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    All in all, this is a good Katamari game for fans and newcomers alike. It's refreshing to play a game where there is a great deal of challenge which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.

the graphics are what you'd expect from a Katamari game and the way that they've treated it and updated it add to the charm and quirky feel to the game.

there are some levels that might be a
    little too tough for some players but that just adds to the level of satisfaction for when you eventually beat them.

if you're a katamari fan, this is a must have in your collection... if you've not played these games before, it's a good introduction... all over, it's a solid 9... doesn't really innovate too much but it does deliver classic Katamari gameplay like we've all come to know and love.
  3. Jan 22, 2011
    This has to rank as one of the strangest games I've ever played, but also one of the most fun. Simple to play and master, but endlessly enjoyable and has lots of replay value. Great visuals, a catchy soundtrack and a bizarre sense of humour make this a classic in my eyes. Lack of online play and poor two player options are disappointing though.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is all kinds of awesome. i play it when i start feeling down and it does a great job of picking me up when i'm sad. it is a very uplifting experience and is a welcomed addition to my PlayStation library
  5. Jan 18, 2012
    Can't say there was a single thing I did not like about this game. Now the only downside would be it's almost completely a compilation of levels from the prequels, but as it was my first Katamari game, I didn't mind and with the music remixed and the updated graphics, you'll love it even if you already played the older games. Don't get confused, though, the game is quite challenging despite the supercute appearance! Loving it. Expand

1. Katamari Forever is a tribute to fans of the series. In addition to two small improvements in terms of gameplay, the game does not reserve surprises: it's Katamari, in all its madness and charm. Unfortunately, all those who find themselves allergic to the series, will hardly find a reason to change their minds.
  2. Its value for money is significant: there is a lot of bulk here, much of it excellent. But its wider value to gaming, to Takahashi's message and to the series it celebrates, is diminished. Like a balloon deflating, Katamari Forever feels like the series' final exhale, all puff and energy now gone from the idea. Metaphor!
    Katamari Forever has become a decent game. This is definitely a game for you if you like Japanese games with some weird features. But unfortunately there isn't any online multiplayer option and the singleplayer won't entertain you for long. So therefore you won't play this game 'forever'.