8.1

1. BobHope
    Sep 29, 2009
    Yes it's more of the same but at 1080p and back on PS3 with control sticks logically next to each other, feels like returning home after a long trip abroad. Never fails to raise a smile
  2. NorikoRightside
    Sep 28, 2009
    This game is made for the saga fans, its a recopilation of the other games in PS2 and XBOX but whit extra exclusive levels for the PS3 and much more...

The best: More levels than the other katamari secuels, more cousins, more modes, more stiles, more prizes, better graphics and more FUNNNNNNN!!!!!!. The worst: No online play, only clasifications online. The music not bad...but i

The best:

The worst:
    No online play, only clasifications online.
    The music not bad...but i prefer the music of his antecesor.

A HIPERFUNNY game for the fans of the saga with much more and better.
    Thank you for the game Takeshi and Namco!!!

The Best Katamari game.

ROLL!!!!! ROLL!!!!!!ROLL!!!!!!!!.
  3. JeffG.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Reviewing this game is tough, since the $50 price tag is steep for a refinement, but you have to approach this game for what it is - a refinement/love letter to fans, and it's a way for PS3 owners to enjoy Katamari in HD.
    To be honest, Katamari has all of the problems that it always had - behind-the-curve graphics (and some slowdown in this one), a weird camera, and sometimes a bit of awkward collision detection. Also, the "gate of entry" into the series is just as tough as ever - the controls are unconventional and the newbie will be smacked in the face with both super-cute Japanese visuals and very sophisticated Japanese pop music.
    The reviews so far have not mentioned how far the Namco crew have gone to make this a great title for fans of the game. First of all, many PS3 owners do not own a 360, expecting the great Japanese games to be on their system - Beautiful Katamari came and went without these fans caring, since it wasn't that great anyway. Here we have an entirely new soundtrack, full of creative arrangements of classic tunes and a few new ones as well. For example, hearing Kirinji cover a different song from We <3 Katamari and then hearing a newer artist (GUIRO, excellent musician!) cover the Kirinji tune is an awesome experience for fans of the series.
    Think of this as Katamari Snow Leopard or a good reiteration of Tetris. The jump and the heart pickups are great ways to amend big problems with the original design. Older stages are often populated with new stuff, almost making them "new" - almost. In the end, this really isn't a game for those new to Katamari - it's a game made completely for the fans, a fanfared return to Dual Shock controls, and an epic celebration of the series' history. Heck, pink hearts appear instead of the word "love" in a nod to the old game!
    If you've got the cash and loved the old Katamari games, pick this up. If you're frightened by cute stuff and Japan, and can't wait to get your copy of ODST, I wouldn't shell out the cash.
  4. Jan 18, 2012
    Can't say there was a single thing I did not like about this game. Now the only downside would be it's almost completely a compilation of levels from the prequels, but as it was my first Katamari game, I didn't mind and with the music remixed and the updated graphics, you'll love it even if you already played the older games. Don't get confused, though, the game is quite challengingCan't say there was a single thing I did not like about this game. Now the only downside would be it's almost completely a compilation of levels from the prequels, but as it was my first Katamari game, I didn't mind and with the music remixed and the updated graphics, you'll love it even if you already played the older games. Don't get confused, though, the game is quite challenging despite the supercute appearance! Loving it. Expand
  5. JeffG.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I've had a lot of fun with this game. It's not perfect but it's definitely a very good best of collection and for fans of the series there's a lot of material here. I'm sure the newcomers will enjoy this. Perhaps those not too fond of the previous games might not enjoy this but then again this isn't a title for them.
  6. Jan 22, 2011
    This has to rank as one of the strangest games I've ever played, but also one of the most fun. Simple to play and master, but endlessly enjoyable and has lots of replay value. Great visuals, a catchy soundtrack and a bizarre sense of humour make this a classic in my eyes. Lack of online play and poor two player options are disappointing though.
  7. Oct 9, 2012
    All in all, this is a good Katamari game for fans and newcomers alike. It's refreshing to play a game where there is a great deal of challenge which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.

the graphics are what you'd expect from a Katamari game and the way that they've treated it and updated it add to the charm and quirky feel to the game. there are some levels that might be a

there are some levels that might be a little too tough for some players but that just adds to the level of satisfaction for when you eventually beat them.

if you're a katamari fan, this is a must have in your collection... if you've not played these games before, it's a good introduction... all over, it's a solid 9... doesn't really innovate too much but it does deliver classic Katamari gameplay like we've all come to know and love.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is all kinds of awesome. i play it when i start feeling down and it does a great job of picking me up when i'm sad. it is a very uplifting experience and is a welcomed addition to my PlayStation library
  9. Nov 24, 2012
    If you like a simple game that inspires your inner child, this is the game for you. It
  10. DukeofBelsunce
    Oct 12, 2009
    first console Katamari I've played since the PS2 original, so I'm not bothered by the rehashing of levels other reviews have mentioned. if you're still somewhat new to the whole Katamari thing, or haven't played it to death, this is HIGHLY enjoyable. if you're a Katamari veteran who has rolled in some of these environments before, then I could see how you would be first console Katamari I've played since the PS2 original, so I'm not bothered by the rehashing of levels other reviews have mentioned. if you're still somewhat new to the whole Katamari thing, or haven't played it to death, this is HIGHLY enjoyable. if you're a Katamari veteran who has rolled in some of these environments before, then I could see how you would be less psyched about FOREVER. The new, Valkyrie Chronicles-like graphic filter is cool. makes the game's visuals look better than they are. The Duke likes Expand
  11. LukeB.
    Sep 22, 2009
    It's not perfect, but for those looking for more Katamari it does everything you'd hope it would. A mix of new and old levels provide a huge selection with a variety of modes for each level, there's a great range of music and the visuals are really nice to look at. Additions to gameplay are minimal, but fun nonetheless. Newcomers to the series will be thoroughly charmed by It's not perfect, but for those looking for more Katamari it does everything you'd hope it would. A mix of new and old levels provide a huge selection with a variety of modes for each level, there's a great range of music and the visuals are really nice to look at. Additions to gameplay are minimal, but fun nonetheless. Newcomers to the series will be thoroughly charmed by this comprehensive edition of Katamari. For those familiar with the series, if you are not actively excited about the idea of revisiting Katamari, knock this score down to a 7. Expand
  12. CodyJ
    Sep 23, 2009
    It doesn't offer anything Katamari fans haven't seen before, but it's the most complete version of the game to date. Best for people new to the series, but the design is still fun if you don't mind the "best of" version of the game.
  13. Feb 11, 2013
    If you've played the original Katamari and We *heart* Katamari on PS2, then you have played Katamari Forever. The game features two main types of levels, black and white dream sequence levels from the King of All Cosmos which are essentially revisits to PS2 stages, and all new stages inspired by Robo King of All Cosmos. Yes, I want what they were smoking when they thought this up. TheIf you've played the original Katamari and We *heart* Katamari on PS2, then you have played Katamari Forever. The game features two main types of levels, black and white dream sequence levels from the King of All Cosmos which are essentially revisits to PS2 stages, and all new stages inspired by Robo King of All Cosmos. Yes, I want what they were smoking when they thought this up. The game attempts and fails to incorporate six axis motion into the new Prince Hop move, but fails miserably. It's far more effective to press the shoulder buttons to initiate this new move instead. Other than that, the controls are identical to every Katamari game. Great game for those who never had a chance to play the PS2 Katamari games and still a great game for those who don't mind revisiting past levels. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2011
    Good game but there's not much in the way of challenge. Pretty simple to just pick up and play, controls at first can be somewhat of a pain to get the hang of but they become second nature after the first couple of levels. Nice variety of levels, the art direction is humorous and the music is terrific. Overall a great game to relax to but there's not a lot in the way of difficulty andGood game but there's not much in the way of challenge. Pretty simple to just pick up and play, controls at first can be somewhat of a pain to get the hang of but they become second nature after the first couple of levels. Nice variety of levels, the art direction is humorous and the music is terrific. Overall a great game to relax to but there's not a lot in the way of difficulty and can be a short game if you power your way through it. This was a great game to have a few brews to and play. Expand
  15. Sep 18, 2013
    I almost gave a 9 to this humorous, joyful title. The thing is, I had fun playing it. The sound effects make it feel charmingly Japanese, and the graphics are charming as well, presenting every bit of the hugely varied game world in a cute, happy way. If it had an online versus mode ("roll up the opponent and advance to a harder opponent") it could have extended the play a lot. As it is,I almost gave a 9 to this humorous, joyful title. The thing is, I had fun playing it. The sound effects make it feel charmingly Japanese, and the graphics are charming as well, presenting every bit of the hugely varied game world in a cute, happy way. If it had an online versus mode ("roll up the opponent and advance to a harder opponent") it could have extended the play a lot. As it is, it's "just" a brilliant and mad mixture of Pokemon, tank simulators, anime, adventure, puzzle games and racing. Katamari Forever is apparently sort of a 'best of' earlier Katamari games, with some new levels. It was my first time with the series, and I had fun. If you look at it as a 'best of remastered' release of great content, then you will be pleased. It's a genius rental game since you can blast through it in a couple of days and it will be a wholly new experience if you've never played Katamari before. But there's enough beef in there to warrant a purchase as well, with the different unlockables and collectibles. I can't give a 9/10 since I got frustrated a couple of times because progression required some amount of luck, but it wasn't bad, and after all the player gets his/her revenge at the end of each level, as all those obstacles are rolled up. Expand
  16. Oct 26, 2012
    Katamari Forever, yet again, comes sweeping in (or rolling, rather) to build up another nation of followers on a PS3 exclusive release. The idea of this game was to pay homage to Katamari's previous incarnations, taking the favourite levels of fans, and mixing them up with new levels. More rolling action!

Katamari veterans might be a little bored by this game. Again, this is

Katamari veterans might be a little bored by this game. Again, this is essentially the "Best of Katamari." If you own and played every game, you'll quickly realize that half of Katamari Forever is just a recycling of the old. However, the game boasts a few new levels to pique your Katamari interests, along with all your favourite Cousins, and a blatantly weird J-Pop story as always. The graphics are absolutely phenomenal, and a feature allows for plays to switch the graphic styles from "classic," to cel-shading, wood, and others. An online leaderboard allows for competition on the big ol' internet, and of course there's room for some good ol' fashioned sit-down-with-your-buddy multiplayer fun. And let's not forget the music. As another tribute, all the old songs have been redone and remixed, with lots of electronic and 8-bit jubilant along with the expected bubblegum J-pop delightfulness. And c'mon, it's Katamari! This is one of the simplest, funnest games on the market these days, and it's all kinds of fun. Let it absorb you.
  17. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, i played a demo on ps2 and when i saw that ps3 had a katamari game i bought it pre-owned and it surely was worth it. Catching little objects and grow up to "eat" stars is a great jump in one single level, i loved playing this game. And also the co-op was very fun but a little hard for me and my sister.

1. Katamari Forever is a tribute to fans of the series. In addition to two small improvements in terms of gameplay, the game does not reserve surprises: it's Katamari, in all its madness and charm. Unfortunately, all those who find themselves allergic to the series, will hardly find a reason to change their minds.
  2. Its value for money is significant: there is a lot of bulk here, much of it excellent. But its wider value to gaming, to Takahashi's message and to the series it celebrates, is diminished. Like a balloon deflating, Katamari Forever feels like the series' final exhale, all puff and energy now gone from the idea. Metaphor!
    Katamari Forever has become a decent game. This is definitely a game for you if you like Japanese games with some weird features. But unfortunately there isn't any online multiplayer option and the singleplayer won't entertain you for long. So therefore you won't play this game 'forever'.