Killer Is Dead PlayStation 3

7.8

1. Jun 19, 2017
    An interesting game. With Suda 51 ideas and touches in it gives it an identity of its own. But the game is a little boring. And an interesting story. The game does have cool bosses which I think ultimately saves this one.
  2. Jun 6, 2017
    Killer is Dead is the last game I played on PS3, so I remember it quite well. At the beginning I had great expectations, and the game is actually good, but not as much as I waited it to be or as much as it could be.

Leaving aside the storyline, which may be confusing but does not pose too significant a problem in my opinion (it is precisely one of the aspects that give the dreamlike atmosphere to the game), I would say that it is gameplay what holds the game back. The camera is not good enough, and the movements are too orthopaedic despite the considerable amount of attacks and combat options available. As a consequence, it becomes repetitive and loses part of its charm.

In any case, Killer is Dead is worth being given a try. If you assume in advance that it cannot be as good as Devil May Cry or similar games, then you may enjoy its virtues and the game overall.
  3. Aug 22, 2016
    As always, a Suda51 game is being underrated and harshly criticized.

Killer is Dead is a good game, no matter what critics say. It's indeed no better than No More Heroes (and its sequel) but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Art style is gorgeous, and gameplay is fun, albeit very similar to other Suda action games. Boss battles feel great, and you feel awesome when you control
    As always, a Suda51 game is being underrated and harshly criticized.

Art style is gorgeous, and gameplay is fun, albeit very similar to other Suda action games. Boss battles feel great, and you feel awesome when you control Mondo.

I feel like this game has been bashed only because of Gigolo missions, which I fail to see why someone could find offending, when they are very innocent in fact. Also, they have a role so minor in the game I don't understand why most reviews focus on that instead of the real gameplay of fighting.
  4. Feb 16, 2016
    People bash games because they're not original and then this comes around and it's being bashed for its originality. So yes it is a bit over the place but it's not a storyline heavy game that requires much explanation. It is just awfully cool to explore all the strange levels and character designs. The fighting is off the charts insane! It's Suda 51. Heck just go get the game already!!
  5. Dec 6, 2015
    Tight, intense, and amazingly stylish. Those visuals would make a next-gen console seem amazing. The gameplay is simple, unremarkable, even formulaic, but it complements the visuals and lets you enjoy the random spectacular visual presentation of bosses and other characters. The boss fights are mostly varied and surprising.

Many small extra challenges and mini-games round off the

Many small extra challenges and mini-games round off the package as a special Japanese treat. Action veterans can enjoy the safe distance to standard action games. 'Killer Is Dead' belongs with Platinum games, artsy anime and character action.
  6. Feb 23, 2015
    Killer is Dead is insanely underrated. It's almost gut-wrenching to see so many reviews focus all of their negative attention solely on an apparently "misogynistic" side-game - the controversial Gigolo missions. I should get this out of the way now; the Gigolo missions consist entirely of you staring at lady parts and shoving expensive gifts in women's faces. Personally, I don't seeKiller is Dead is insanely underrated. It's almost gut-wrenching to see so many reviews focus all of their negative attention solely on an apparently "misogynistic" side-game - the controversial Gigolo missions. I should get this out of the way now; the Gigolo missions consist entirely of you staring at lady parts and shoving expensive gifts in women's faces. Personally, I don't see anything to be offended by. It's clearly played for both comedy and satire, and it seems most "professional" critics have forgotten that it's absolutely fine to have characters in fiction (even main characters) that you're not supposed to necessarily relate with or like. You're not actively supposed to approve of Mondo's actions. His narrow views and focus on carnal desires play largely into the story that's told here, and given that these traits indeed do have valid reasons to exist, then I see absolutely no reason to take offense to it, or worse, flat-out condemn it.

All of this being said, how does the game play? How are the visuals, the sound, etc.? To make a long answer short, it's all fantastic. Killer is Dead is a character action game. As Mondo Zappa, you attack with your sword, Gekkou, and your transforming, biomechanical arm, Musselback. If you've played character action games before, such as most of Platinum's efforts like Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising: Reveangance, you already have a good idea on how Killer is Dead is going to play. The attacks feel weighty and satisfying (thanks to an intentional frame-skip that happens for every successful attack, ala No More Heroes on Wii), the sound effects for combat, and particularly Mondo's voice work for attacking, all sound top notch, and this mixed with the fluid system of attacking, blocking, dodging, and a number of mechanics tied to these defensive tactics makes the game immensely satisfying to just play.

While you may go into Killer is Dead knowing how it's going to play, given that this genre has been done many times before and since, it's hard to imagine you'd know how it's going to visually move. Simply put, Killer is Dead is flat-out gorgeous. Overexposed shadows, gorgeous cel-shading and line work, and a general cohesiveness in its style and that style's ability to consistently surprise you on a regular basis make this game a joy to watch, almost as much as it is to play. The visual effects for smoke, alone, are gorgeous to watch. When you watch the game transform into a black and white manga style, with blood flying everywhere paired with intense line effects and a godlike soundtrack from one Akira Yamaoka, you'll likely know you're playing something special.

The wonderful presentation the game delivers on doesn't end with just the visual style. The story that's crafted here is as odd, trippy, surreal, and fever-deamish as it is thought provoking and smart. If you're willing to read into Killer is Dead's theming and commentaries, no matter how "random" the story initially seemed, you're likely to find well realized, dynamic characters, discussing their way through heavy themes of interpersonal relationships, traumatic childhoods, being used by other people, terrorism, the dark side of James Bond style womanizing, and so on. Killer is Dead's narrative is surprisingly mature, given its background, and the "misogynistic" nature of the Gigolo missions that most tend to focus on in an attempt to berate the entire experience.

The gameplay is polished, the visual style is slick, the narrative is strong as a surrealist work, the added difficulty levels really do change how the game is largely played, and overall, it's a well designed, intelligent, and most importantly, fun character action title. If you're into the esoteric or odd nature of anything that comes out of the brilliant Grasshopper Manufacture, then you'll likely find a lot to love here. Outside of that level, there's still a lot to love. Killer is Dead is a polished title with gorgeous visuals, an incredible soundtrack, awesome boss fights, and a solid challenge mode. It's easily one of the most underrated games in recent memory, and you really shouldn't pass it up, despite what social-focused journalists have tried to tell you.
  7. Feb 18, 2014
    Killer is Dead is really a good game. It surely excels in the field of artwork, I've never seen such beautiful work in may years. The gameplay and it gameplay mechanics is really unique. Totally fun and crazy story as we can expect from Suda51. This game is for those who like to try new things and search for load of good art works and also for the people with anime minds (Otaku) only theyKiller is Dead is really a good game. It surely excels in the field of artwork, I've never seen such beautiful work in may years. The gameplay and it gameplay mechanics is really unique. Totally fun and crazy story as we can expect from Suda51. This game is for those who like to try new things and search for load of good art works and also for the people with anime minds (Otaku) only they can understand the actual story of this game.
    Those who are telling this was a waste game. They may be right but only from their point of view. If they tell you not to play this game then they are telling you wrong things.
    It is you who are to decide that the game is good or bad as you are to play the game. Not they. So i urge everyone to enjoy this as much as you can.

Lastly my heartiest respect to Mr. Goichi Suda for bringing us a unique and beautiful game to us. Hope you bring us such good works in future.
    Looking forward for "Lily Bergamo"
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    A shallow but but fun combat system that can't quite measure up to the best in the genre. Killer is dead has loads of style to go with it's surreal settings and crazy characters but is let down badly by it's technical flaws.

Loading times feel long and the sub standard graphics are made worse with an inexcusable amount of screen tearing. The camera and art style can obstruct your view also.

As for the gigolo mode? What do you say to someone who walks in on you playing that? Very embarrassing. Sexy police bikinis, anyone?
  9. Jan 14, 2014
    Stupid journalists do not understand games. Do not listen to them.

Killer is Dead is a great game. If you are a fan of Japanese style and hurricane slashers, then you must buy this game without a doubt.

About the sexualisation of women in it. I laughed. Play your glamorous Mass Effect with gays and lesbians, stupid idiots!
  10. Jan 13, 2014
    Killer is Dead has a memorable art and cool combat mechanics that will make SUDA 51 fans enjoy the game.

Depending on how the game is rendered, we can have a different point of view. This game uses a shader that looks like a blend between realism and cel shading, which is pretty different from what we see on other games and it accentuates special effects in a mixing of lights, blood spill and contrasts. It's just beautiful.

The story is interesting, but has nothing special to be highlighted. In fact, it doesn't follow a linear timeline and makes you interpret some things in a subjective way like viewing dreams and the past memories of the protagonist. All the characters have traits that belong to the japanese culture, which may not be attractive to the western culture.

Combat is very fun made with simple combos. The evade and guard features make the experience even better as they challenge your reflexes. Skills can be unlocked and upgraded.

The main story can be finished in a short time, but there's a lot of content to be explored too, like side missions and quick challenges. If you're looking for a cool action game or if you simply trust on SUDA's games, Killer is Dead is a good choice.
  11. Jan 8, 2014
    Another smashing classic from suda51. This game has been unfairly panned by the majority. This is very much in the mould of no more heroes. Instead of mashing a and b and tilting the wii remote you mash the square button. This game has a great timed dodge which takes a bit of mastering and a combo meter which once it hits 5 you can perform gruesome and satisfying qt kills. The story is theAnother smashing classic from suda51. This game has been unfairly panned by the majority. This is very much in the mould of no more heroes. Instead of mashing a and b and tilting the wii remote you mash the square button. This game has a great timed dodge which takes a bit of mastering and a combo meter which once it hits 5 you can perform gruesome and satisfying qt kills. The story is the big letdown in this game. It is nowhere near as good as nmh. But saying you play a game for the story is like saying you watched jaws for its interactive elements. The graphics are truly stunning with beautiful contrasted colours and a level of colour intensity I have not seen much. All in all a pleasure to play through. I would heartily recommend this game to any lovers of third person fighting games who especially enjoy a timed dodge/block game mechanic. Expand
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Killer Is Dead's game play is so satisfying. It handles smoothly and is not too difficult to grasp. The art and animation also complements the game play.
  13. Oct 29, 2013
    Forgetting about it's lackluster mini game and absurd confusing story Killer Is Dead can actually be entertaining from time to time. Though the beginning of the game feels shallow and slow things take a turn for the better, gameplay becomes more intense, up to speed, and upgrades make the game more enjoyable. The amount of bonus missions is a nice touch since the story is about 8 hours. ItForgetting about it's lackluster mini game and absurd confusing story Killer Is Dead can actually be entertaining from time to time. Though the beginning of the game feels shallow and slow things take a turn for the better, gameplay becomes more intense, up to speed, and upgrades make the game more enjoyable. The amount of bonus missions is a nice touch since the story is about 8 hours. It doesn't stand well with other Suda51 games such as No More Heroes or Killer 7 but it is still worth mentioning. Expand
  14. Oct 23, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun and I am already playing it again. Normally, I hate cel-shaded games, but I really like this one. The game has sub-missions which are fun, mondo missions to get dates by giving gifts, and challenges. Critics didn't like it because they have played games like this before. I bought the collectors edition and the Sebastian mission is the best. Definitely worth a look.The game is a lot of fun and I am already playing it again. Normally, I hate cel-shaded games, but I really like this one. The game has sub-missions which are fun, mondo missions to get dates by giving gifts, and challenges. Critics didn't like it because they have played games like this before. I bought the collectors edition and the Sebastian mission is the best. Definitely worth a look. I really enjoy this game. Expand
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    As a fan of Suda51's previous works, especially the No More Heroes series, I was looking forward to Killer is Dead. It's a fun hack and slash beat 'em up however the bad really outweighs the good.

After playing the first few missions I was finding the story to get interesting but unfortunately it ends up being a missed opportunity with a plot that goes all over the place and characters that really get no development.

I admire it's stylish cel-shaded look but with the repetitive gameplay and unsatisying story I couldn't recommend anyone to buy this.
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    I'm stuck in this game over a boss fight, I took the chance to have a break since in the meanwhile Beyond came out, nonetheless I'm currently planning to finish the thing off.

Aside being easy to learn but difficult to master this game is a gem, an unexpected gem by my point of view, I'm not a great Goichi Suda fan, I've appreciated Killer 7 as well as the No More Heroes even if I found the last ones to be so and so, furthermore I've not appreciated at all Lollipop Chainsaw cause I found it to be way too much lowbrow, I've been pleasantly surprised by the turn Suda did with Killer Is Dead, while being in his very same line of excess, blood, sex, swords and rock 'n roll it accomplishes something, it's a gorgeous and well balanced mix of various excesses with captivating visual art style and over the top, phenomenal soundtrack, a meaningful skill system well integrated in a combat system, as already said, easy to learn but difficult to master, thing which is already an accomplishment just -per se-.
    This game is a blast, a piece of art, there are few things which could be better but I keep in mind that's difficult to flawlessly put together something aligned with the tastes of so many people around the whole world, in his complex is nothing less than a true action masterpiece, my final rating, being not possible to assign a 9.5 will be rounded up to 10 for the price at which the game was launched.
  17. Oct 9, 2013
    It is a decent game. You pretty much get what you get from other games by Suda 51. The game style lacks substance and besides some distractions the game gets boring quickly. On the hand of the "sexist" themes in Killer is Dead people need to realize that this game bases out of Japan. Their customs are different and this type of humor and behavior is typical. For me it made me uncomfortableIt is a decent game. You pretty much get what you get from other games by Suda 51. The game style lacks substance and besides some distractions the game gets boring quickly. On the hand of the "sexist" themes in Killer is Dead people need to realize that this game bases out of Japan. Their customs are different and this type of humor and behavior is typical. For me it made me uncomfortable that you couldn't skip the mini games but what can you do? Expand
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    I really love this game even if my eyes sore because of the graphics, the story of the game is very confusing that i dont know what is the climax that ive been waiting to flashed throughout, and the gigolo stuff that not so relevant being in the game
  19. Oct 2, 2013
    Goichi Suda (Suda51) has done it again...used his complete madness to make a completely mental hack and slash....a hack and slash with style to say the least.The critic reviews for this game are f*cking stupid they seem to think that this game was gonna be the next DmC,Bayonetta or even God of War when its far from it.If you enjoyed other suda 51 games (Shadows of the Damned,lollipopGoichi Suda (Suda51) has done it again...used his complete madness to make a completely mental hack and slash....a hack and slash with style to say the least.The critic reviews for this game are f*cking stupid they seem to think that this game was gonna be the next DmC,Bayonetta or even God of War when its far from it.If you enjoyed other suda 51 games (Shadows of the Damned,lollipop chainsaw,No More Heros) then your gonna love this. The graphics of this game are some of his best they are f*cking amazing,the game is so flashy so over the top and so stylish.Now i come to find myself alittle lost with the story and found it alittle uncomfortable with "Gigolo Mode" its a very simple stare at her and have sex with her.Nothing fleshed out about it just it is pretty funny i just do not see the point lol. The game now is pretty cheap go out and get it and bloody enjoy it coz its a tone of fun BUT it is not for everyone just chill out and have some fun with it. Expand
  20. Oct 1, 2013
    Structured like an anime series it reminds me of "Darker than Black", great gameplay, some missions are rock hard but as you build up your skills you start to progress with style! It feels a bit rushed in development with chronic screen tearing and load screen interruptions but they got the important bits right, good control and creativity. It's one of those rare games that others like toStructured like an anime series it reminds me of "Darker than Black", great gameplay, some missions are rock hard but as you build up your skills you start to progress with style! It feels a bit rushed in development with chronic screen tearing and load screen interruptions but they got the important bits right, good control and creativity. It's one of those rare games that others like to watch you play. Expand
  21. Sep 10, 2013
    Gorgeous game. Crazy story with great humor and even depth, if you can see through all the stereotype virtuosity. Brilliant bosses. Superb production design. Tight, challenging, rewarding and fair gameplay with enough distractions from the perfectly executed hack and slash to never get boring. Unbelievably fantastic art style. Every still could be blown up as a wall sized piece of art. I love it.
  22. Sep 4, 2013
    This game just proves how most reviewers should not being reviewing anything, let alone video games. Yes, this game has it's flaws like every other game, but giving this game such a low score like what it's at right now is insulting. While it's not Bayonetta tier stuff, it's still amazing. Highly recommended, especially for Suda51 fans.
  23. Sep 3, 2013
    I'm not sure why critics were so mixed about this game. Killer is dead is simply amazing. From start to finish I was immersed in this crazy story. It is no doubt confusing but I am playing through again a second time and noticing things I didn't on my first playthrough. This is a game you must replay to truly understand what is going on. The cell shaded graphics are beautiful, the voiceI'm not sure why critics were so mixed about this game. Killer is dead is simply amazing. From start to finish I was immersed in this crazy story. It is no doubt confusing but I am playing through again a second time and noticing things I didn't on my first playthrough. This is a game you must replay to truly understand what is going on. The cell shaded graphics are beautiful, the voice acting is well done (aside from Mika, she is straight up annoying), and the gameplay is simple yet extremely satisfying. The gameplay is not as deep as DmC or Metal Gear Rising but it is still very fun to hack and slash your way through waves of enemies then using your musselback arm to dish out some cool moves to keep the combo going. The game has a very anime style feel to it which I personally loved. The only part I wasn't a fan of was the gigolo missions which detracted from the overall experience. They are just lame but hilarious at the same time. I don't think they were meant to be taken seriously. Once you get all the sub weapons from the "beauties" you don't have to play them anymore if you don't want to.That and only that is the one downfall of Killer is dead. This game is a must play in my opinion. One of the most original yet far out there games I have ever played. Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    If you like hack and slash games with a good history and playable like Bayonetta, Metal gear rising revengeance

BUY THIS GAME All the hate about this game is just the press doing a bad job just because is a "japanese title" and "it's a weird", go to youtube, see gameplay, it plays just like Killer7 and No more heroes, its a good game and the lower score its just because the femi-nazi

BUY THIS GAME

All the hate about this game is just the press doing a bad job just because is a "japanese title" and "it's a weird", go to youtube, see gameplay, it plays just like Killer7 and No more heroes, its a good game and the lower score its just because the femi-nazi press doing a bad review on this title
  25. Sep 2, 2013
    I dont care about the sexist stuff. It not feminist but its no more blatantly sexist than the other artless dreck you see in popular culture. But that brings me to the real problem here, I meant it when I said OTHER artless dreck, all the people harping about "liberal" this and "feminist" that, trying to dismiss the scores of negative reviews as only being that way because the reviewer wasI dont care about the sexist stuff. It not feminist but its no more blatantly sexist than the other artless dreck you see in popular culture. But that brings me to the real problem here, I meant it when I said OTHER artless dreck, all the people harping about "liberal" this and "feminist" that, trying to dismiss the scores of negative reviews as only being that way because the reviewer was offended, they should try READING these reviews instead of the cliff notes. ITS ONE BIG ENDLESS MESS, it makes no sense at all, and every single thing that people here love to say is "art" is a poorly executed carbon copy of stereotypical japanese "cool" stolen from some anime that executed it with more skill and originality. Unless thats what you want, the same old garbage, stay away. Expand
  26. Aug 31, 2013
    Killer is Dead is unmistakably good. Gameplay is the main reason to play, as it is fast-paced and fun with the fantastic accompanying soundtrack. Power-ups noticeably enhance the experience and give the player something to work towards.
    The graphics are wonderful and very fitting to the feel of the story. I never noticed any major graphical hiccups besides one or two textures that load late (as is normal with games running on Unreal).
    Where the game falters is story, as it is short and a bit wanting. It's interesting for the most part and has just what you'd expect from Suda51.
    Overall, it's a great game. I definitely recommend buying it, as it is loads of fun to play and replay.
  27. Aug 31, 2013
    White knight reviewers need to grow up a little bit and stop getting offended for all of us. The gameplay is great whilst not too challenging it provides a lot of depth similar to the Arkham games, the art style is fantastic and the characters ooze personality. The gigolo mode is a little bit of fun and I don't think its something you are supposed to take seriously, if you are so easilyWhite knight reviewers need to grow up a little bit and stop getting offended for all of us. The gameplay is great whilst not too challenging it provides a lot of depth similar to the Arkham games, the art style is fantastic and the characters ooze personality. The gigolo mode is a little bit of fun and I don't think its something you are supposed to take seriously, if you are so easily offended though just skip them.

I recommend you pick this up as it is the most fun I have had this year since Hotline Miami was re-released on the Vita.
  28. Aug 30, 2013
    In my opinion this is Suda51's first real must play title since the "No More Heroes" series. Acting as a spiritual successor to Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture 's previous works, "Killer is Dead" really does feel like an expansion and an improvement upon the gameplay and style that Suda51 is known for. The gameplay is tight and responsive, managing to be one of the best hack n' slashIn my opinion this is Suda51's first real must play title since the "No More Heroes" series. Acting as a spiritual successor to Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture 's previous works, "Killer is Dead" really does feel like an expansion and an improvement upon the gameplay and style that Suda51 is known for. The gameplay is tight and responsive, managing to be one of the best hack n' slash titles to come out recently. If you've ever played a game made by these guys you know to expect a crazy, weird, and humorous story. This is all true here, but I have to say that out of all the games I've played made by Suda this ones story is the zaniest and the hardest to follow. I was able to understand everything right up until the bizarre ending that still makes no sense to me. Despite its flaws the story still managed to entertain thanks to its characters and sense of humor. As far as gameplay modes go, outside of the story mode you have various side missions, challenge rooms, and something called "Gigolo Missions". No doubt you've heard the controversy surrounding these "Gigolo Missions", as far as I'm concerned yes they are perverted and somewhat immature, but most of the bad things you're hearing about it have been blown out of proportion. It's not nearly as sexist as the people are making it out to be, as a matter of a fact it's downright tame compared to a lot of what is out there in video games nowadays. I mean look at the "Witcher" series that comes complete with full blown naked sex scenes, and what about the "God of War" series that had sex mini-games! Did we hear anything about how sexist and perverted they were? No. So it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's still a little inappropriate. The core gameplay in this mode consists of trying to woo a woman whom you are on a date with. You do this by filling up your "Guts gage" so that you can give her presents and she will sleep with you. Here's where the controversy comes in, to fill up your guts you have to look at the ladies breast and other private areas with ex-ray glasses (there is no nudity in this game) when she is not looking. Yes it is perverted and awkward, but again tame when compared to all the games that want you to look at women's naked breasts and watch them have sex. Overall this mode is awkward, but it's also boring and the only reason I recommend playing this mode is to unlock the sub-weapons. The only other reason to play this mode is to unlock some trophies. Overall it's a small portion of an otherwise excellent game. The action is fast, addictive, and packs that lovable Suda51 charm. So if you're a fan of Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture 's previous works than I recommend "Killer is Dead". Even if you aren't a fan this game is good enough to recommend, especially when you consider how so many other hack n' slash action games that have come out this year have disappointed *cough* dmc *cough*. Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2013
    I was kinda bummed out by the bad reviews but that really doesn't surprise after Lollipop chainsaw and shadows of the damned both did not receive to well of reviews but those two are some of my favorite video games ever made there both bizarre weird funny as hell and just plays with the fourth wall concept. Suda 51 games are rare nowadays in this industry that's why I had to give KillerI was kinda bummed out by the bad reviews but that really doesn't surprise after Lollipop chainsaw and shadows of the damned both did not receive to well of reviews but those two are some of my favorite video games ever made there both bizarre weird funny as hell and just plays with the fourth wall concept. Suda 51 games are rare nowadays in this industry that's why I had to give Killer is dead a shot and wow I was surprised how amazing this game is truly is best Suda 51 game ever in my opinion don't listen to the reviews if you like any other previous titles from Suda 51 buy it or if your just looking for an awesome fun weird and funny as hell game buy Killer is dead! Expand
  30. Aug 30, 2013
    Please ignore the unfair reviews of this game, it's actually very funny how the critics assume this game will somehow offend all women because the women in this game are sexy. I'm female, and I completely ADORE this game. It's a hack-n-slash much like DMC, Metal Gear Rising, and Bayonetta, the cel-shaded art style is gorgeous, and the story is completely campy and insane in the bestPlease ignore the unfair reviews of this game, it's actually very funny how the critics assume this game will somehow offend all women because the women in this game are sexy. I'm female, and I completely ADORE this game. It's a hack-n-slash much like DMC, Metal Gear Rising, and Bayonetta, the cel-shaded art style is gorgeous, and the story is completely campy and insane in the best possible way. What the biased reviewers at Polygon and IGN won't tell you is that the female characters in this game are incredibly competent, some of them are quite intelligent, and some of them can (and do!) even beat up Mondo. Yeah, the dating missions can come off as a bit cheesy to some people, but the whole game is supposed to be cheesy. What a professional reviewer shouldn't do is take off 4 or 5 points out of 10 just because they were offended at a small minigame. Honestly, I'm getting quite sick of this third-wave feminist "SEXY=BAD" mentality in gaming, and I ask you to buy the game for yourself before listening to these foolish "professional" reviews. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    Stylish and most of the time entertaining as well, this carnage from the mind of a well known weirdo designer Suda 51 doesn't bring anything new to the table, except for its bizarre aesthetics that may or may not suit you. [Issue#234]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 7, 2013
    While the narrative is bonkers, Killer Is Dead iterates on tired gameplay to make a gorgeous game playable. [November 2013, p84]
    Killer is Dead is a decent action game, but seeing as the genre is brimming with other titles that offer a much more complete experience, there’s little reason to spend your time here rather than elsewhere.