• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 27, 2009
8.1

1. Jul 19, 2014
    the 7 goes only for the single player, Im not into online play, so I dont know how it performs in multiplayer. What I do know is, that while the controls ,characters, voice acting, graphics and almost anything is great in this game one thing bothered me : the level design id awfully repetitive and boring, with the same colorsheme trough-out the entire game. The levels didnt seemed to end, they just kind of extend. only once in a while comes a breath of fresh air, when you get to drive a vechicle. but other than that, the game is really monotone after a while. Expand
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    If you like blowing stuff up (space Nazis in particular) then this'll be right up your street. I'm not much of an FPS man generally but occassionaly I get the hankering to play one and this was such a time. This featured the most immersive gameplay I've ever experienced in an FPS, the controls are slick, the sound effects great, and although the graphics are starting to show their age a little they're still more than adequate. Where it falls down a little is on the story front for me, I didn't feel the characters were that great (a little too stereotyped for my liking). The ISA (the team you play as) didn't have much going for it to make you really like them and the story was all pretty simplistic. I did like the Darth-Vader inspired bad guy Radec and his clearly Nazi inspired chronies however, their red faces contrasting to the general greyness of the game looked really bad-ass. That's another topic worth mentioning, the game is very grey, a little more variation in the levels would have been nice.
    Overall this was a hell of a lot of fun, with amazing gameplay but falls short of being great because of the simplistic unengaging story and generally forgettable 'good guy' characters.
  3. Mar 23, 2014
    First, I'd like to say that the graphics of this game are just phenomenal. Even though released in 2009, it can still hold up to today's games. Plus, it has so much attention to detail. Gunshot wounds are near-realistic, and AI is actually intelligent (enemy soldiers can and will flank you). But I really hated the story. It could have been great, they just needed to develop the characters more. Instead, characters drop the f-bomb every 5 seconds. Multiplayer is awesome, but vanilla maps are lacking (only 8). Try get the Killzone bundle though, you'll get the first 3 KZ games and all their DLC. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    KZ2 is one the best first-person shooter games for ps3.It's gameplay is great and it's graphics make it looks like real.The story is awesome and it makes you fight through explosive battefields against Helgast.It's only disanvantage is the variety of weapons.There are only a little amount of kind of weapons that makes the game less interesting.But it ks not a reason for no buy it!!!For me it worth it Expand
  5. Feb 8, 2014
    "Killzone 2" is definitely a major step up from "Killzone 1". The graphics are really good, and the enemy AI provides one heck of a challenge. Unfortunately, the ally AI is so terrible that it made the last boss fight ridiculously unfair. I watched in horror as the final boss riddled Rico with bullets repeatedly, while Rico just stood there facing the opposite direction. Did he run? Did he return fire? No, he stood there, apparently so entranced by the palace architecture that he barely noticed the blood spewing from himself. This happened so often during the course of the game that the only reason I continued playing was I'm OCD and a glutton for punishment. Also, the dialog was terrible, the voice acting was terrible, and the plot had so many points that lacked common sense it was difficult to suspend disbelief. Further, why would you ever put someone as dumb and as wholly worthless as Rico in charge of a squad? Further, the enemy, the Helghast, were far more interesting--well, actually interesting--than the people on your own side. Nothing irritates me more about a video game than when it starts off amazing and slides down the garbage chute the further in you go. It was wholly frustrating and rage-inducing to watch. Expand
  6. Jan 23, 2014
    I have been playing this game for awhile now and the more I play it the more I don't like it. the controls are terrible. There's is so much lag when you turn its almost impossible to kill someone.on top of that every gun is extremely inaccurate, there's is no point aiming down sights. Multiplayer is descent , the controls are a little better but most of time enemy camps outside your spawn, killing you every time you spawn. They are a lot better because of the unlocked abilities they have and you don't have anything. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2013
    Killzone 2 is a perfect showcase of the power of the Playstation 3. The single player is bold, and the multiplayer is ambitious. Both are very successful as well.
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    Good shooter. Like the world created here. Although there is nothing new or special about it. It looks good, it controls well. I don't like the grey worlds though, there should be more color in this game.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm really disappointed with the second game in this series. I loved the 1st killzone, in particular because the settings looks both realistic and futuristic, and because the story was engaging. Frankly, I can't tell you what the story in number 2 is like, because I can't get over how mediocre the game mechanics are. Firstly, the aiming is slow and clunky, the crosshairs are near invisible, the particle effects (whilst pretty) make spotting anything in the entirely brown grey environment a pain, death happens randomly, enemies fluctuate between insane bullet sponges, to flimsy cardboard cutouts, the AI is a bit special, and the combat is just not fun. I put the aiming sensitivity to full, and it still takes several seconds to pan from one side of the screen to the other, which in a game where enemies can essentially one shot you, and the hit indicator is non-existent, makes surviving each fire fight tedious at best.

I really wanted to enjoy this game, but Its one of the few games where I cannot stand to play it because the mechanics of it are terrible.
  10. Nov 16, 2013
    killzone 2 was so great because it had that authentic vibe to it. It was that one out of 100 games that feel like it was already a classic even though you first got it. cant believe i sold mines. need to get another copy asap.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    I can't believe this game has earned such high rankings. The story is a catastrophe and the campaign is boring. I give a six because the multiplayer is better.
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    I came late to the party on this game. I'll admit I did enjoy it a little bit. The graphics are cool, gameplay is solid even though the controls are a bit clunky.

I got about half-way through and just ended up bored so I never finished it. To me it's just an average FPS, nothing special about it. There seemed to be more focus on the graphics than fun game play.
  13. Oct 17, 2013
    The game is interesting, but more suitable for hardcore fans of shooters. The game is somewhat similar to Quake 2 in style. In my opinion, the game has some serious flaws: not a good storyline, bad settings of aiming, too high complexity of the passage. Sometimes you just can not pass the level. The final battle with Radek became the talk of the town.
  14. Oct 2, 2013
    Killzone 2....Highly hyped and highly anticipated. Does not disappoint either. From the moment you start this game up it makes you feel like it's a real war going on. The game looks beautiful, but it has an awful lot of brown and orange. The controls are loyal to Killzone but it does take some getting used to especially the melee. The story is very well written and shows that the Helgast aren't just alien they're also human. The voice acting is very well done and the sound effects will shatter glass with surround sound on. Shooting gets a little annoying since the crossair dissapears the longer you shoot and your bullets become more inaccuarte but you'll get used to it and that's not a problem in multiplayer. Oh yeah, the multiplayer. When I had my choice of Call of Duty or Killzone 2, I chose Killzone 2. It is just THAT much fun and easy to get into. It has a lot of traditional FPS MP modes only renamed and retweeked. An overall incredible package that no shooter/ps3 fan should dare miss out. Expand
  15. Sep 28, 2013
    "Killzone 2" es un first person shooter con una historia, si bien no es muy original, pero su acción sólida y sus gráficos superiores lo defienden que da gusto. Este título es un logro tecnológico y actualmente tiene uno de los mejores multiplayers que he jugado. Si no lo han jugado les digo que les espera mucha acción y diversión.
  16. Sep 22, 2013
    Okay so it's September 2013 and I decided to play Killzone 2, a title that I only played briefly in 2009. Now I've been playing BF3, Crysis 2 on PC with max settings so I wasn't expecting much in the graphics department but I have never been so surprised before. This game looks amazing on my LG 55" LED tv. I also decided to play it with 3D turned on and woah. It's amazing. The gore, the weapons, the animations and all the details and amazing graphics just sucked me into this game. I played it nonstop from start to finish and can't wait to get Killzone 3.

So this leaves me thinking, why exactly do we desperately need a new generation of gaming platforms? What exactly will they improve so much to be considered "next generation"? The leap isn't that big looking at the new titles that will come out. Do we really crave those extra textures so much? Because that's basically what it adds, and less loading times perhaps. The lighting is already perfected in Killzone 2. Sure connectivity and online play seems to be the new thing that grants it the title of "next generation" but this could be done on current aswell.. Oh well that went off track. Anyway, if you haven't played Killzone 2, you'll be amazed with what your PS3 can do.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    An excellent shooter, one of the best games I've played on ps3, for its graphics, its dark and gloomy environments, for its realism, for its addictive multiplayer gameplay, I only to criticize that there are quests that are repetitive.
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    Disappointing, Mediocre and repetitive, those are the emotions and feelings that Killzone 2 evoke on my conscious mind while playing it.

It amazes me how some people can foolishly get hyped for just a couple of nice graphical effects, i said it before and i said it again, graphics, don't make a game, good.
    It's the combination of the different departments that work in the game itself
    in a well thought way, with heart, and intelligence put into it.

Killzone 2 it's you running around in a wide and repetitive stage while shooting the exact same model of a "Helghast" over, and over, and over again, there's no stop into it and when finally is, it can just be summed up into you as the player getting on a mech and shooting the exact same models once again, it's an endless loop of repetition that i can't stand, there where several different times where i felt like i was being forced into played the game.

The worst problem of the game itself is the incredible lost of potential that "SCEA" demonstrates in this game. the "Helghast" could possibly be one of the most intriguing and interesting characters that someone might play against in a video game, but they get such a poor and mediocre treatment, that you just get upset there isn't a lot more information of them in the game, it's a huge waste of opportunity when it happen.

The characters that carry along with you throughout the "joyful ride" that "Killzone 2" offers, are one of the most uninteresting, and annoying characters that any game can share to the player, once again, this game just manages to shine when a huge waste of potential shows up.
    But that's not the worst part of "Killzone 2", oh no, it gets much, much worse.
    The gameplay of this game is extremely repetitive, there wasn't even one thing that i can recall being memorable or interesting, or that even shined throughout my boring, and dull experience with it.

It is disgusting that a game like "KIllzone 2" can be praised so much at a point of being considered, "one of the best shooters for the ps3", pathetic, shallow, uninteresting, boring, repetitive, it's the experience that you're more that likely are going to have while playing "Killzone 2".

Don't get fooled by the naive and ignorant reviews, of some people that can get surprised with a couple of nice graphical effects, and shadows that pop out, and cover the awful failure that this game is.
    Even then, the cover up doesn't last for a while.
  19. Aug 23, 2013
    At first I thought this was just another stupid FPS but after 30 minutes, I knew I was dead wrong. The gameplay mixes your average FPS with other great elements. Xbox may have Halo but Playstation has Killzone.
  20. Jun 26, 2013
    Although I'm playing this game 4 years after it's release I am gobsmacked that it got such stellar reviews. It's so generic that it hurts. I could best describe this game as a Call of Duty clone. It could probably make it as a Black Ops title if the controls weren't so and slow. So what makes it's so terrible you say? The level design is uninspiring to say the least shades of brown and grey, claustrophobic, & repetitive. Checkpoints that lead you forward to yet another wave of enemies. Bland weaponry. The voice acting is cringe worthy, and the lip syncing looks like something you'd see in a game pre-2000. Maybe I'm spoiled by recent releases, but this PS3 exclusive has been a let down. Expand
  21. May 30, 2013
    An absolutely fantastic game with the best atmosphere in a war-based shooter that I've ever played.

The conflict between Vekta and Helghan feels real. It's dark, horrible, scary, and yet so utterly fantastic. Killzone 2 feels realistic due to the controls which on purpose are a bit slow and hard maneuvered. You have to take cover, flank, in short use a strategy to survive. Like it
    should be in a war.

One of the best games of the entire generation.
  22. May 20, 2013
    This game deserves to be considered as the best fps on the PlayStation 3. The graphics are really great, the sounds are good too, the single player is not too short, and it has good atmosphere. As most fps games, this build on the multiplayer very much, and it does great in this aspect too. The 32 player matches are fun to play, but unfortunately nowadays sometimes you can't find a game with more than 15 players. As a part of the Killzone Trilogy this is one of the best offers you can find. Expand
  23. Apr 15, 2013
    Awesome fun truly a quality title with awe-inspiring visuals, great AI and enemies in general, wicked levels just quality!

Love it highly recommended!
  24. Mar 15, 2013
    @guywhohateskillzone You're a dumbass xbox fanboy! this game is way better and more realistic than any of your games. go take youe xbox and shove it up your A$$!

ehem, now about the game. ITS FREAKIN beautiful ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING GAMES ON THE PS3. @guywhohateskillzone To bad xbox doesn't have any other games besides halo. who cares killzone halo!
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    This is the best FPS game I've ever played online. It's so perfect!... Some people may complain about "heavy" controls but I have never had any problems what so ever and I think it has to do with that I came from the Xbox to the PS3 where on the xbox and 360 the analog sticks are heavy/slower. This game is the most balanced FPS game I've ever played online and it's so fun.
  26. Jan 19, 2013
    Killzone 2 is the second installment in the Killzone trilogy and with newer characters so is Killzone 2 better than the original or is it another predictable FPS game lets find out. The story introduces us to Sev the protagonist of the game and is the character likeable yes he is, Rico, Templar also return in K2. So the campaign is excellent the graphics are mind blowing and the sound effects are superb. K2 however has its flaws like the glitches and the controls. So K2 didn't dissapoint me in the campaign and the multiplayer is great as well is will give K2, 8/10. Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2013
    Good game by the way. Worth the wait those 4 years. The graphics are good and the story too. But what I'm wondering is where are hacka and Luger, and also because **** killed Templar
  28. Dec 11, 2012
    almost gave this game a 10, and I probably would have if they had fixed one thing which was seamlessness. What I mean is not having levels but just a continuation of game. Like uncharted with chapters and know loading. But this definitely has levels and then a cut scene and then loading. I actually can't believe this game actually lived up to the ridiculous hype that the old e3 trailer built back in 2007. This game actually changed some things with the FPS and had amazing graphics, lighting, physics and animations, especially when you shot someone i loved how they reacted, Awesome art, I love the city of helghan going through the alleys and seeing amazing detail a lighting and thunder and sound and debris and shadows. They even threw in some innovative ways to kill mini bosses. The multiplayer was awesome. This was an amazing game, and had it been a little more seamless, with better bosses, and better story this would have been a 10. Another thing that was impressive was the destruction of environments that it had. I was absolutely amazed at this game, I felt like it almost had it all. One point that was distracting though now that i remember was the animation when you hit something like a button or whatever, the camera would jerk you and it didn't feel very fluid. Expand
  29. Oct 29, 2012
    I enjoyed playing Killzone 2, the graphics are really good and the multiplayer online is awesome, I do however, dislike them fact that some players glitch into the surroundings, and can kill you, but, you not them :/ that aside as I don't cheat, I enjoy it :p

Story mode is great as well, just a good shooter up :D
  30. Oct 24, 2012
    When I first played this game at launch, I stuck the game in played for 20 mins, got sick of it and put it away for over a year. I then was bored one day so I figured I would try it out again. It took me awhile to get into it but I did and it wasn't that bad after all. The people saying that the graphics are the best......hmm no I don't think so. The game is ugly, it only uses a few colors and it's actually very dull to me. The controls were dog crap when I first played this game, but they patched it and that is no longer an issue. The story is as generic as they come. There is nothing unique about this game and there are bigger and better games out there. The game however is quite fun when you get into it, but like I said, been there,done that. Atleast it's better than Call of Duty, I won't go into why Call of Duty sucks, but it does.. Once you finish Killzone 2 you may want to get the trophies, but the campaign has no replayabilty. Multiplayer is alright but nothing that will engage you for too long. But like I said earlier, it's still better than Call of Duty.. Expand

1. It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009. [Feb 2009, p.38]
  2. Killzone 2’s secret ingredient is the fluidity in gameplay that we have come to enjoy more than its graphical prowess or jaw-dropping visuals. And that’s what games have always been about... We're surprised to see Killzone 2 blows our expectations out of the water with a memorable SP campaign and a stellar MP component. To put it short, this game makes "Gears of War 2" look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!
  3. Visually it's so far ahead of anything else out there it shatters your expectations...This is a PS3 showing what it's truly capable of and delivering a landmark piece of explosive entertainment you can't afford to miss. [Feb 2009, p.88]