• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
7.9

1. Feb 28, 2011
    All over scripted rail shooter. The campaign is way too short, no significant changes in visuals and gameplay.It's the same ol' boring KZ 2.5. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 was one of my most wanted FPS game on the PS3, got it, played it. Rubbish. Killzone 3's story is extremely bad. But the game brings more action which is really fun and entertaining but it doesn't cover up it's issues. You now have a new weapon slot (about time) but it can only be a heavy weapon but it's decent enough, you still have the pistol which I never use because it's so useless. The voice acting in the game is horrible, no real effort was put into it and some doesn't seem like their own voices. And sometimes the sounds the characters make are pathectic.
    The online is bad, I jumped in a game and it was lag from hell. The new layout for the classes are very boring, I loved to see what my character looked like but KZ3 just ruined it.

Killzone 3 does have some impressive things to bring, but it doesn't live up to what I hoped. A bad game.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Another game series hits the dust. Guerrila had something unique with Killzone 2 and now Killzone 3 might as well be called Call of Killzone. The community of this game will be even smaller than Killzone 2's in a few months. Horrible map design, horrible class design, horrible game design in general (Tactical spawn points, WTF!?) Summary: Horribly unbalanced multiplayer game with bad level and bad class design. Half the features from the original killzone 2 aren't even here anymore and the game has become a Call of Duty clone. Avoid at all costs. Collapse
  4. Feb 29, 2012
    Let me just say first:I LOVED Killzone 3. It was my favorite shooter on the PS3. But now its F2P. FREE. A GAME I SPENT 80$ ON IS NOW FREE. This is the reason I now hate TF2. Good job Gorrila, this is the last game I will buy from you unless I get a written promise that says KZ4 will never go F2P
  5. Mar 16, 2011
    I found the single player experience to be more frustrating than fun - cheap deaths, boring cut scenes (by the third or so I skipped the rest entirely), enemies popping up from areas that have been previously cleared out. Online play is fun but ultimately not worth playing for very long. It doesn't take much to max out your weapons/extras and then there's nothing else to shoot for. I find myself going back to COD because even at the higher levels there are still more weapons to unlock, perks to go pro, and challenges to complete. Once you hit level 20 or thereabouts, there's nothing to shoot for here outside of playing the same few maps over and over with the same tactic each time as the loadouts are very limited. Most frustrating for me is the lack of team play (rare in any online game I guess) - I typically played as a medic, but nobody sticks around at death long enough to be healed - they just hit the respawn button the second it comes up. It might help if they added an in game notification to tell you if there is a medic nearby, or if your team consists of nothing but snipers so you might as well not wait. Expand
  6. May 10, 2011
    perfect example of a developer trying to codify their franchise...KZ2 was EPIC, imo the best shooter on the PS3 to date but this, this is a mess, it's half the game that was KZ2, made for noobs played by noobs, awful just bad bad bad...GG hang your head in shame...
  7. May 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 = epic fail,this fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst.This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.
  8. Apr 4, 2011
    I'll start with the pros: none. Ok, so the graphics and weapons (including the jetpack, but excluding the flamethrower which is the worst implementation of this weapon ever) are cool. But that's about it.

Now, the cons: dull, repetitive gameplay (all you do in this game is cover, point and shot, cover, point and shoot; the overall game mechanics are like from the 90's, but somehow worse;
    I'd rather play quake 1 or 2 then this piece of **** way too linear and scripted, lame story and characters, boring level design, boring enemies (the Hellghaaaast is by far the most insipid foe I have ever seen in a video game ), boring cutscenes (skipped most of them), lacks any substance what so ever, very short campaign (which probably is a good thing since the game is so bad), multiplayer sucks ass. 5 of 10. Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Terribly boring game that I just couldn't get into. Waves and waves of basically the same soldiers with red eyes come after you and it's just point and shoot. Ho-hum. Nothing creative about this one. Feels rushed. I just don't understand all the graphics lovers here. I just wasn't that impressed. Would really be upset if I paid $65 for it. Got it for $20 and am ready to sell it after playing it a few days. Expand
  10. Feb 20, 2013
    Esse game uma vergonha! Isso o matador de Halo ???
    kkkk.....vejo que a sony adora fazer piadas!
    Não vejo a sony nesse ramo de FPS!
    VERGONHA.!!!!!!
    Na boa.....Halo wins, Hj, amanhã e sempre!
  11. Oct 26, 2012
    To be perfectly fair, I'm new to the whole Killzone series. I've heard all the usual hype about it, and was finally intrigued after seeing some gameplay commentary via YouTube. "Why not?" I asked, and dove right in.

The consensus is one of underwhelming. I didn't play with the fancy-pants features like PlayStation Move nor 3D blubbery, not that I'd ever want to - I doubt either
    feature would give me any sort of "enhanced gaming experience," as advertised, because when it comes down to it, the core gameplay and plot of the game should be the bit delivering an "enhanced gaming experience," not gimmicks. Killzone 3 drops you in the middle of an ongoing conflict between the ISA and brutal Helghast regime. And it begins with a direct defiance of orders within the military ranks. Your hotheaded buddy-pal gets the bright idea to cap some high ranking Helghast official, and while this is apparently a very serious action to have taken - a very bad action, at that - he gets little more than a stern talking to and an angry finger wagged in his face.

This direct defiance of orders seems to be some sort of theme between the main duo involved in Killzone 3, leading to the worst organized military endeavour in the history of organized military. Your characters seem to do everything within their power to disobey their superiors, wandering around and causing unnecessary damage and risking the lives of tonnes of other soldiers. Granted, your characters are trying to do good - but after constantly spending the game neglecting their leaders, you'd wonder how they manage to get anything done. The plot carries out in a very fast paced manner, and while you don't need to be invested in the series to understand the goings-on, you might be left behind if you don't pay attention at least when the people talk. Fortunately, the plot is as thick as it needs to be, and this "without-crust" tale of gritty space-war adventures isn't too deep. The graphics are simply stunning, that is to be true. Everything is so vivid and powerful. Even though half of the game is spent in blown out city-centres of the Helghast stronghold, there is a strong sense of immersion. The blizzard levels in particular make you feel wrapped up in a snowstorm, making the firefights ever more intense. Sound is also of high quality, but these days - especially for games such as this, with enormously large budgets - that's no flashy feat. In the end, however, Killzone 3 isn't much to boast about. It's pretty, and the story is enough to perk an ear or two. But unless you're a huge fan of the Killzone series, you're not missing out on much. In the end, it's another tail of über-patriotic democracy-loving space marines trying to stomp out the threats of totalitarian dictatorships. Nothing you haven't seen before in dozens of other FPS games.
  12. Jan 16, 2014
    Killzone 3 fails to deliver the fun and excitement that killzone 2 delivered. The story is very short and forgettable with no connection between the characters. The controls are better on singleplayer , a lot faster and easier to aim. On multiplayer the controls are quick like COD but not as smooth. The action on multiplayer is very much the same as CoD with no teamwork in play. The classes aren't really used tactically considering most people pick class with trip mine or infiltrator. The infiltrator ability allows him to have a friendly icon over his head all the way up till he is about 3 feet from you, but by then its too late. So most of my multiplayer experience was mostly running into trip mines, getting killed by infiltrators, and instant deaths from the overpowered guns. I don't like it, killzone shadow fall and killzone 2 are way better than this game (despite killzone 2 controls) Expand
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    This game just copies CoD in many ways. The crosshair is completely copied from CoD. And in my opinion, the guns look very bad. Never ever buy this game, ever. Of course, I don't play it but I have seen gameplay. The graphics are terrible. In short, never EVER buy or play this game, even if your friend wants you to play it or recommends you.
  14. Apr 19, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.