Killzone 3 PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
8.0

1. Feb 23, 2011
    Another solid FPS to add to Sony's line up of exclusives. Killzone 3 visuals are really something to talk about. Every level in the single player campaign looks fantastic and very well detailed. All the sounds of guns and voice acting are very good. Story is good, but left me wanting more after I completed the campaign. It may have taken me about 6 or 7 hours to complete. I remember itAnother solid FPS to add to Sony's line up of exclusives. Killzone 3 visuals are really something to talk about. Every level in the single player campaign looks fantastic and very well detailed. All the sounds of guns and voice acting are very good. Story is good, but left me wanting more after I completed the campaign. It may have taken me about 6 or 7 hours to complete. I remember it taking longer to complete KZ2. Controls are good and there is still the option to change them to the Call of Duty controls so that is good. Multiplayer is fun, however it would have better for more game types as what is available gets a little boring. Make no mistake though killzone 3 is the best FPS, so far this year. Expand
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Great game, a must-have for all PS3 owners. Graphics are A+ as always, and multiplayer is active.

If you have already played Killzone 2, it's very very similar. Though some will argue with me, I am just a casual Killzone player, it's basically an upgrade as far as multiplayer goes. I purchased this on release, and so far there are a few loading issues and bugs, but I'm sure in a week or two they will be sorted out. Other than that, every thing is great.
  3. Feb 23, 2011
    AMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes andAMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes and controls that have a nice balance of killzone 2 and battlefield bad company 2. 10/10. Expand
  4. Feb 23, 2011
    Very impressive graphically,though not as good as Gears or God of War.Excellent audio.Expect 5min action,fade to black,cutscene,the entire way.Weapons,as usual in the series,are excellent.
    All in all,a well made FPS with intense action,good visuals,forgettable story and characters
    .Is it worth a purchase?Yes,KZ3 fits right in with the release window where nothing else substantial is available for a couple weeks.So get it and trade it after a week or so.
  5. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give itThis game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give it a 10 because people won't take this review seriously. I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but this is just way more fun to play. I wish this game had an XBOX port so I can play with more of my friends. Yes, it's that good. Expand
  6. Feb 23, 2011
    If you dont like this game you are probably just a mindless fanboy, its got everything you want from an fps and more: vehicle battles (singleplayer and multiplayer), awesome sniping, cover system, sliding, big/medium/small weapons, awesome storyline and the greatest antagonists ever, Mcdowell you rule!
    Btw In this metacritic site PS3FanFan is an xbox fanboy and TLS21 is stupid enough to not play the game and still review it :P
  7. Feb 28, 2011
    Disclaimer: I have only played a few levels of the Single Player. But I've spent about 14+ hours on multi-player so far and it is fantastic. I didn't really like the heavy controls in Killzone 2 and they fixed that in KZ3! Graphics = awesome! Sound = awesome! As for a multiplayer FPS this one is great!!! I heard the campaign itself isn't that entertaining but I really don't care. IDisclaimer: I have only played a few levels of the Single Player. But I've spent about 14+ hours on multi-player so far and it is fantastic. I didn't really like the heavy controls in Killzone 2 and they fixed that in KZ3! Graphics = awesome! Sound = awesome! As for a multiplayer FPS this one is great!!! I heard the campaign itself isn't that entertaining but I really don't care. I would have bought the game just for the online portion. Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3
    graphics-10 (10 says it all)
    story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy) gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time) sound - 10 (what more do you want?) replay/enjoyment- 10 (atleast rent the game before you dis it, if you don't like it okay, but first try it) Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh
    Killzone 3
    graphics-10 (10 says it all)
    story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy)
    gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time)
    sound - 10 (what more do you want?)

Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh the meh campaign story.
  9. Feb 25, 2011
    This is the best FPS I've ever played, and I've played pretty much every FPS ever made. The graphics and animations are superb, the music is awesome and the sound effects make you feel like you really are there in the battlefield.
  10. Feb 26, 2011
    After picking up Killzone 3 I felt compelled to write my first review on this site. I am an avid FPS fan and to be honest I picked this game up just for a bit of fun to pass the time. I played Killzone 2 and thought it was a decent game but nothing particularly exciting and I honestly expected more of the same from this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll split this review intoAfter picking up Killzone 3 I felt compelled to write my first review on this site. I am an avid FPS fan and to be honest I picked this game up just for a bit of fun to pass the time. I played Killzone 2 and thought it was a decent game but nothing particularly exciting and I honestly expected more of the same from this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll split this review into single and multiplayer, but before that I want to discuss the controls. Any good FPS fan wants to know how a game controls as it can make or break an FPS, well I'm happy to say the control are great. It's very smooth and the sensitivity controls allow you to find a nice setting you will be comfortable with. I play COD:MW2 with sensitivity 10 and whilst the controls aren't quite as smooth as MW2, they are still easy to use and a VAST improment over KZ2 in my opinion, in which I found aiming to be sluggish and 'weighted'. Single Player

Now, story in this game isn't its strong point, however, I never expect storys in FPS games to be good. It's full of cheesy dialogue and a predictable story line, however, I still enjoyed the ride. The graphics are second to none and the sound is probably the best I've heard, you can hear every bullet as they whiz past your head and the explosions and background noise is brilliant. The game is surprisingly varied for this type of game, you never get chance to get bored before the game changes the pace up. Between normally duck and cover gameplay, the vehicular getaways, stealthy action all keep you entertained as you make your way through the game. As a side note, I am not a sci-fi fan and am not a fan of 'mech' style vehicles, however, the ones in this game not feel awkward, they are fluid moving (they even run) so even not being a fan of this type of play normally, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's not a very long game, but it's pretty standard size for shooters nowadays.

Multiplayer

If you are new to the Killzone series, I highly suggest going into Bot mode whilst you learn the way the classes work, I didn't really play KZ2 online cause I wasn't a fan of the controls, so I was new to it and was a bit overwhelmed at first. There are 3 types of matchs, your basic team deathmatch, warzone which constantly changes the objective of the game every 5 minutes, and a classic battlefield type match. All play as you would expect, apart from Warzone, which played alot better than I anticipated. At the start of each game you pick a class, each starts with very little, but as you play and level up, you unlock new guns, perks, etc. Each class plays quite differently, but all have their advantages without any feeling overpowered. For example, a medic can have a medi-droid with him that can help shoot at enemies and revive you when you die (only once per life and only if not fatally wounded) and Marksman can turn invisable for short periods of time. It's all well balanced and nothing feels cheap. There isn't a massive selection of maps, but what is there, is solid, they are well thought out and a joy to play in. Guns feel deadly when used correctly, SMG's and Shotguns are powerful up close but at range leave alot to be desired, Assault Rifles are a nice mid range weapon and Sniper rules the roost at range. Killstreaks give you extra XP but no air support, radar, etc, which really doesn't stop you having alot of fun. I haven't had any problems with lag, bugs, crashes, etc, so nothing to complain about there.

To sum up, I love this game, I honestly didn't except it to be this good, but I'm actually stopping playing MW2 and Black Ops to enjoy this gem online. I really hope this game gets the attention it should, because it seriously deserves it.
  11. Feb 26, 2011
    Great title and a even better exclusive. Lots of modes, realistic shooting, awesome graphics, the story it's nothing to brag about but it's still better than CoD: Black Ops, it has 3D and move, jetpacks and mechs in multyplayer. it's just the best shooter you can and should be playing right now .thank you guerrilla. keep up the good work!
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start theKillzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start the year (along with LBP2). GRAPHICS- As mentioned earlier, graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The set pieces will make your mouth drop and so will the effects and animations. This game has no technical issues except for the fact that it fades to black too much between scenes. Otherwise, this game has some of the best graphics around. And they've even added 3D to the mix. Hell yeah! STORY- The story is weak in this game and that is the problem with it. This game's story is basically about Sev and his squad stuck on a hostile enemy planet but this is never protrayed well and that is what keeps the game from getting a higher score.Also, the story never really goes anywhere. It is more like a reason to play the levels. SOUND- The sound is phenominal. The game is a deafening experience with explosions and the voice acting and soundtrack are superb. GAMEPLAY- The gameplay is similar to Killzone 2, but everything has been tweaked up and there are cool new gameplay mechanics that make the game immensly fun to play. MULTIPLAYER- In one word- AWESOME. The multiplayer is some of the most fun multiplayer I have seen and it has a fantastic level up system that makes you want to play more and more. So in a nutshell, Killzone 3 is a great game but it has a weak story that never progresses much.
    Also, if you wish to see my other review, see my review for Uncharted 2.
  13. Mar 3, 2011
    Wow this is what I'm talking about,Killzone3 is by far one of those Must have games if your a PS3 owner.Great story Very good Multi-player and By far the best Graphics I've seen so Far in a fps Game to date..
  14. Feb 24, 2011
    i didnt want to write a review for kz3 because i feel biased towards it. it is my favorite franchise of all time. this game is innovative. every one wants to compare it to bfbc2 and cod and other shooters. but this series started in 2004. it created weigted controls. this game was made to take people who werent good at shooters and still make them apart of a team, and they can stilli didnt want to write a review for kz3 because i feel biased towards it. it is my favorite franchise of all time. this game is innovative. every one wants to compare it to bfbc2 and cod and other shooters. but this series started in 2004. it created weigted controls. this game was made to take people who werent good at shooters and still make them apart of a team, and they can still contribute, unlike cod where its survival of the glitchiest. not gettin many kills? be a medic and keep the killing machines on your team alive! cant find pesky snipers? be the tactician and show all your team mates where they are. there is a counter for everything and a place for everyone. people are forgetting games were made to be fun and enjoyable, and this is a game made for the fans, it has a great story line (the whole story is on youtube) the gameplay is innovative, move works awesome on this. the gametypes are a blast, and warzone is still the best gametype around. if your not sure about it rent it, and if your having a tough time remember its different but thats why you play killzone, for something new, something good. and dedicated servers means no annoying host migration! Play it enjoy it love it because it really is an amazing game Expand
  15. Feb 25, 2011
    Great game, while campaign could have been done better, the Multiplayer is Incredible and the graphics are stunning, a must buy for FPS lovers! also a good way to get into the FPS genre.
  16. Mar 1, 2011
    Sweet game, these other reviewers who give it negative scores, probably suck at the game. I am not saying I'm good at the game. The multi player is very tough and competitive. The campaign is pretty fun to. Kinda linear but still a good time.
  17. Feb 24, 2011
    This game is amazing from the begining to the end of the single player campain.The pacing and varaity has improved substantially from killzone2 wich was a one trick pony.The ghraphics are unparralled in a consol fps from the textures to the visaul affects you will be amazed also no loading helps the game progress from one amazing scene to the next.Gameplay has also had a touchup notThis game is amazing from the begining to the end of the single player campain.The pacing and varaity has improved substantially from killzone2 wich was a one trick pony.The ghraphics are unparralled in a consol fps from the textures to the visaul affects you will be amazed also no loading helps the game progress from one amazing scene to the next.Gameplay has also had a touchup not changing the feel of killzone but adding and improving on it.I have a move controller and nav and this is where I personaly think this has changed the way we will be playing fps on the ps3 it takes some time but once you get it you wont want to play another fps without move support.In conclussion killzone3 has smashed my expectations in every regard well done guirrella games. Expand
  18. Feb 26, 2011
    KZ3 and CoD4, are best FPS games for current-gens. Different shooters, but both are pefect. Killzone have amazing single and multiplayer. This game makes PS3 best console for online shooters. 10/10
  19. Feb 28, 2011
    Online multiplayer is great. You feel like you are really in the middle of a war.... One of the best shooters i have ever played. Graphics are fantastic! They are really pushing boundaries there. Guerrilla has done it again!
  20. Lrg
    Mar 10, 2011
    Boy was i disappointed with this game, in terms of how amazed I was with Killzone 2 which is probably my favorite first person shooter to date. The campaign was ok, sure guerilla tried to make it more story/character focused but doing this on the 3RD game is unnecessary because we don't really know or care about these characters. Sev was ok, Rico is a babbling idiot, Narville was theBoy was i disappointed with this game, in terms of how amazed I was with Killzone 2 which is probably my favorite first person shooter to date. The campaign was ok, sure guerilla tried to make it more story/character focused but doing this on the 3RD game is unnecessary because we don't really know or care about these characters. Sev was ok, Rico is a babbling idiot, Narville was the biggest dumbass I've seen in a game for a while, and who gives a **** about Jammer, and the villains were awful. While the gameplay and action was intense it was always cut to very unnecessary cutscenes that slowed it down a lot. The story was ok, just the way it was panned out was terrible. There were also some major hiccups as well, during the rescue of narville rico and sev kept changing gear, they put you into some vehicle with almost no warning or indication of how it happened, even though they seemed so focus on showing you everything. In the end narville just seemed to disappear, did he stay on the space elevator? The weapons were great but i really bugged me that there were so many crates unlike killzone 2 where it forced you to explore the other weapons BESIDES the m82 assault rifle. Now getting on to multiplayer, they should have just called this CODZone 3. Sorry but they definitely wanted to appeal to more twitchy trigger finger ADHD kids in this. The class changes were really cool but some abilities are way overpowered, Tactician with radar AND marking on where the enemy is. Infiltrator as well, I went 25-0 just running around like a mad man using a silenced weapon and getting brutal melee kills. Why they took out the server list is beyond me, being able to create custom games was one of the best features of killzone 2, and I know I keep refering to the prequel but it had such a strong following I would think GG would try to appeal to its die hard fans more. Still waiting on patch 1.04, which is suppose to improve on its horrible match making and latency issues and fix some other things as well, so we'll see how that goes. I give this game an 8 though, even though I seem to do a lot of badgering. If you never played Killzone 2 you might really enjoy this a lot, but coming from a Killzone 2 standpoint this was a step down for GG. A good game, just not as great as its predecessor. PROS: Amazing Graphics (no console FPS to compare to) and sound/music, good variety of mission types, weapons were improved on and a couple of the HEAVY weapons were a blast to use, brutal melee was satisfying each time I used it, GG has always made stellar multiplayer maps and this is no exception. CONS: God awful story-telling, villains were laughable, cutscenes were inconsistent and placed at bad times slowing down the action, a lot of the levels were more confined and narrow not giving you tactical ways to approach things, GG is known for their brutal AI especially on Elite difficulty (I still can't beat the last level on Killzone 2 to this day) but this was an absolute joke and I breezed through it on Elite, the ending was abrupt and underwhelming leaving not impact on you, unlike Killzone 2 where it made you wondering what will happen next, Multiplayer balancing is much needed; matchmaking, class balancing, and latency. Still though, 8/10 is a good score just not what I was expecting. Rent it if you are going for the single player, I would say to buy it if you like FPS multiplayer even though this doesnt stand out to the others. Expand
  21. Jun 3, 2011
    This is my favorite PS3 game of all time. I enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer was where it was at for me. It has 8 balanced maps, the dlc maps are also great. THe modes Warzone, Guerilla Warfare, and Operations are all fun to play and original. If you're looking for a game with a amazing story, this game isn't for you. If you're looking for a fun campaign and a fantasticThis is my favorite PS3 game of all time. I enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer was where it was at for me. It has 8 balanced maps, the dlc maps are also great. THe modes Warzone, Guerilla Warfare, and Operations are all fun to play and original. If you're looking for a game with a amazing story, this game isn't for you. If you're looking for a fun campaign and a fantastic multiplayer experience then this is a game for you. Expand
  22. Mar 6, 2011
    Killzone is back yet again! I have to say this is one of the greatest games I've ever played, visually... The graphics and textures are amazing and make me proud to own a playstation 3, it's just one of the great exclusive titles coming this year. The Good
    The single player is simply epic, strong story line and good action packed.. It is definitely up there with the greats like Cod4, Battlefield 2 in terms of the story

The Bad
    The controls I have to say, although they've been tweaked and made more fluid, the game's "heaviness" is still too present, I understand the devs didn't want want it as faced paced as say - Call of duty but still the lackluster controls definitely cause more problems than good.

The Mulitplayer isn't great, the maps on TDM especially are too small and it seems every level consists of narrow walkways.. There is no space to move around? Why is everything to bunched together?
    This is one of the few fps where shooting off the hip is more effective than ADS.. Some of the technical dynamics don't make sense to me.. The life system is absurd, it's not consistent, sometimes you can take so many shots to the body and sometimes you just drop dead after a few bullets.. The span system is also atrocious, the game puts the enemy to spawn right be beside you on TDM at the beginning..

It seems like everything Call of Duty Black Ops got wrong this game got right and everything BO got right this game got wrong.. the dynamics of kill zone are still lacking and it's taking away from the experience. overall, it's a pretty solid game, but I have to say, having beat the single player, the sucky multiplayer isn't enough for me to keep this around. I would be trading it in for Crysis 2..
  23. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight right away: KIllzone 3 is a fantastic shooter and anyone that says otherwise either has extremely odd taste or is just downright trolling. It is far from perfect, but its good certainly outweighs its bad. As always, I'll start with the graphics and sound. The graphics are simply the best there are on consoles. The new Crysis 2 does rival it in some areas,Let's get one thing straight right away: KIllzone 3 is a fantastic shooter and anyone that says otherwise either has extremely odd taste or is just downright trolling. It is far from perfect, but its good certainly outweighs its bad. As always, I'll start with the graphics and sound. The graphics are simply the best there are on consoles. The new Crysis 2 does rival it in some areas, but for the most part the lighting, particle effects, and level of detail here are far beyond anything offered in other games. The character models are particularly impressive, due in no small part to their huge size and subsequent level of minute detail. The sound is also tremendous - I found myself having to turn down my 5.1 headset to avoid blowing out my ear drums during the gunfights. The weapons are punishingly loud, explosions are earth shattering, and the ambient noise does a lot to really bring you into the fight. The soundtrack is also solid, though I have to say that I expected a little more after the utter emotional brilliance that is the main menu theme. The storyline is the same as nearly any other shooter in most regards, but it is strengthened by the fact that the backstory for the Killzone universe is second only to games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Seriously, at some point go online and read the whole synopsis of events leading up to the games. You will be floored at how much thought went into the overarching narrative here. In fact, you may wind up liking the Helghast (potentially the coolest shooter enemies around anyway) more than the ISA. Anyway, the story itself is pretty standard stuff - hopeless mission, final redemption, yada yada yada. It serves the purpose of moving the game along, but that's about it. I wish that Geurilla had spent more time on the interesting political dynamics between the ISA and the Helghast and why they hate each other so much; the civil war story with the Helghast leaders just falls flat due to weak characters and a feeling of being forced. Fortunately, however, the gameplay is fantastic and although Killzone 3 is, at its core, a corridor shooter, it is a very good corridor shooter. Battles are tense and you are really forced to earn every inch you take. This is not an easy game, and you will be severely punished for any attempts to run and gun or act like G.I. Joe. My only real complaint here is that although the environments are more diverse than in Killzone 2 (the arctic and jungle levels in particular are quite impressive), there is still far too much burned out urban fighting for my liking. I know Helghan is supposed to be a harsh, unforgiving world, but I don't think that always has to translate into boring junkyards or shattered buildings. Killzone has never really been a single player experience, though, and so the real draw is the multiplayer. I'm happy to say that despite some hiccups, the game delivers in spades on this front. The core gameplay is roughly the same as the campaign, with satisfying gun fights and the addition of well balanced class-based abilities like disguises, invisibility, and the use of turrets and robots. All the classes are well designed and each has a useful role in any battle. The main game mode is still Warzone, though I for one am not a big fan of the chaos that it tends to produce. In addition, some Warzone maps (Corinth highway being the worst offender) experience MASSIVE framerate drops when fully loaded with 24 players. These drops are huge - we're talking into the high teens and twenties here - and basically make the game unplayable on those maps once the room fills up. Other maps, such as Turbine Concourse SE-6 or Bilgarsk Boulevard are extremely well designed and flow nicely. Where Geurilla really messed up, though, was with the Operations maps. Operations is a new mode that plays much like BF's Rush, but with the addition of cutscenes showing off the top 3 players. It is phenomenal, truly a stroke of genius. However, the inclusion of only 3 playable maps was a huge oversight on the devs' part. Maybe they didn't think it would succeed, but it is the best part of the game and the only part that many, including my friends and I, actually play regularly. With the recent announcement that new maps for the mode are "unlikely" for whatever reason, it is safe to say that this mode will be going stale very quickly. That's really a shame, because Operations is far more rewarding and fun than Warzone and an increased focus on it could have taken Killzone form being a niche exclusive series to being a massive hit. I do not understand the decision to not support the mode, and in some ways I see it as a slap in the face from Geurilla, but I certainly hope they either change their minds due to overwhelming demand or at least include a fully developed version in Killzone 4. Despite its failings, however, Killzone 3 is an outstanding shooter that deserves your attention and cash. Buy. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    This is without a doubt the best looking first person shooter on the market, every step oozes with glorious detail, from simple things like distant mountain ranges to beautiful space views from interstellar space ships. This game is outstanding it plays slightly slower in pace than most modern shooter but this all fits in nicely with the gameplay and graphics, its a much meatier game thanThis is without a doubt the best looking first person shooter on the market, every step oozes with glorious detail, from simple things like distant mountain ranges to beautiful space views from interstellar space ships. This game is outstanding it plays slightly slower in pace than most modern shooter but this all fits in nicely with the gameplay and graphics, its a much meatier game than most fps's and is in a class of its own Expand
  25. Mar 4, 2011
    Killzone 3 drops this Tuesday on Playstation 3, but I have been fortunate enough to have an early review copy thanks to Ashley over at Playstation. Not only was yours truly provided with the game - I was also handed the "Sharp Shooter" peripheral, a large plastic machine gun that makes Nintendo's Zapper seem rather inadequate. The Playstation Move motion controller and navigationKillzone 3 drops this Tuesday on Playstation 3, but I have been fortunate enough to have an early review copy thanks to Ashley over at Playstation. Not only was yours truly provided with the game - I was also handed the "Sharp Shooter" peripheral, a large plastic machine gun that makes Nintendo's Zapper seem rather inadequate. The Playstation Move motion controller and navigation controller fit snuggly into the device and Killzone 3 can be played entirely this way.

So how does the new "Halo killer" add up? Is the PS Sharp Shooter a massive disappointment, or the dawn of a new era in first person shooting?

Spoiler alert, it's awesome but not totally without fault.

Killzone 3 takes place immediately after the events of part 2 - it seems in these kinds of games, the protagonists never get any down time. No vacations in Mexico, no Disneyland with the kids and no dinner and dancing with that special gal. It's just one war zone after another. But that's what we like, isn't it?

Once again we are put into the shoes of Interplanetary Strategic Alliance soldiers Sev and Rico. In the last game these two were crucial in the assassination of the evil Helghast dictator Visari. In case you are new to the series the Helghast are a race of humanoid-type beings hell-bent on domination and conquest. The death of their dictator has deeply divided the remaining political elite and a power struggle ensues within the Helghast themselves. The story is great - usually with most FPS the story is the one thing that is usually lacking. Not the case with Killzone 3 - I found myself watching and analyzing each cut-scene carefully as to not miss any of the story.

On the downside, I found that the dialogue at times left much to be desired. The voice acting was fine, but I think the script was too full of cliches. It reminded me at times of an 80s era Schwarzenegger movie.

The gameplay of Killzone 3 is really the best part of the experience. After playing recent FPS like, Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops, KZ3 felt like a breath of fresh air. You really need to think strategically and use cover in order to excel. Simply running into the battlefield, guns blazing, is a recipe for failure. The game can also be very challenging, sometimes I wanted to jump off my couch and hurl the controller at the TV - but when you do complete a stage, it's insanely rewarding.

The PS Move coupled with the Sharp Shooter peripheral is another great way to enjoy Killzone 3. You're really able to get into a grove where it feels very intuitive, just take the time during the initial set up to customize the controls. Aiming and turning sensitivity can be adjusted in the options menu based on how touchy you want it to be.

I don't think this will replace the way you play an FPS, the controller still feels the most natural for me - but it does provide an extra challenge and additional replay value. Plus at only $40 you're all set up for rail-shooters like Dead Space: Extraction and Time Crisis. The yet to be released Socom 4 will have Sharp Shooter functionality as well.

Previous Killzone titles have all had great graphics and visuals and number 3 is no exception. Everything from the character models to the environments and explosions are all gorgeously rendered with tons of attention given to detail. There is so much going on the screen all the time, but Killzone 3 runs very smoothly with minimal frame rate issues. The only downside is that at times the game will freeze for a second when entering a new area. Previous Killzone titles were brutal in this respect - it seems like developer Guerrilla Games did a lot of work to correct the problem.

It can't be an FPS without multiplayer and Killzone 3 knocks it out of the park. I really enjoyed the return of 2 player cooperative split-screen local multiplayer (not available in Killzone 2). Player one controls Sev, player two controls Rico - it's a great way to waste a few hours and a few Helghast soldiers.

Online, you have a wide array of different modes to choose from. Some of the best that I played were; "Guerrilla Warfare" classic team 16 player deathmatch, "Warzone" which returns from Killzone 2 and is a mission-based game, and "Botzone" which players can use to fine tune their skills against bots (A.I controlled players). There are way more online modes to explore, so get to it!

Killzone 3 is the quint essential FPS. It has intense action, big guns, huge explosions, stealth gameplay, jetpacks and a story that you'll actually care about. Adding the PS Move Sharp Shooter to the mix adds value and fun, and is actually a worthwhile peripheral. Plus the main antagonist Jorhan Stahl is voiced my Malcolm MacDowell from A Clockwork Orange, how cool is that?

26. Mar 5, 2011
    THE MOVE IS THE FUTURE !
    THE MOVE IS THE FUTURE !
    For me the ability to point at the enemy and take a perfectly aimed shot using the move controller is the most realistic, satisfying and fun way to shoot the enemy, sure it takes some practice at first but it soon feels like second nature. The game took me about 7 or 8 hours to complete and every moment was impressive from the excellent story line and best quality scripting and voice acting I've ever heard in a game of this type and believe me I've pretty much played them all.
    The graphics are sublime and easily give the present top end pc games a run for their money, the controls have been made to feel much more responsive and intuitive and when you need to run you move faster than you would in any of the COD games. The weapons in the game all feel solid and the close quarters combat is really brutal and the best yet for any fps that I've seen.
    It's been a while since I played a game which I enjoyed as much as this and if I had anything negative to add it would be that I didn't want the campaign to end but I'm looking forward to multi-player regardless.
    Any rational fps fans of should get this game. Graphics=10 Story=8 Game-play=9 Overall=9
  27. Mar 19, 2011
    KillZone 3 is possibly the best multiplayer FPS I have played. Being a bit of a Call of Duty fan for the past few years and one that only plays Team Deathmatch, KillZone 3 is refreshing and really makes you think. Most FPS have a class system and the difference is usually just a limit to the type of weapon you can use, yes some perks allow for faster movement and silent footsteps etc, butKillZone 3 is possibly the best multiplayer FPS I have played. Being a bit of a Call of Duty fan for the past few years and one that only plays Team Deathmatch, KillZone 3 is refreshing and really makes you think. Most FPS have a class system and the difference is usually just a limit to the type of weapon you can use, yes some perks allow for faster movement and silent footsteps etc, but KillZone 3 has 5 very specific classes each with their own unique abilities.

You will have your favourite and there are many that like to sit invisibly with a sniper rifle picking off runners, but there is some much more to this game than racking up kills. Capturing tactical spawn points can provide you with some extra firepower, jet packs or air strikes and only 1 class can do this the Tactician. The Medic class has the ability to revive fallen comrades but also has a support drone that acts as an early warning system and can hover over your body adding fire power and support.

The weapons feel great, the maps are fantastic with huge vistas and scenery that takes you to Helghast and makes the multiplayer feel like part of the single player game.

The single player campaign is great also - much is said these days about the length of a campaign in a shooter but we all know its the online that matters. That said I have found the single player mode just long enough and suitably difficult and varied to keep me challenged and interested in what is coming next.

This is my favourite shooter at the moment and 2011 has many to come, but for now Black Ops has been relieved of duty.
  28. Mar 24, 2011
    Admittedly, I have barely cracked the SP Campaign, as I tend to play either the Single Player OR the Multiplayer component of the First Person Shooters I buy. In this case, I bought KZ3 expressly for the Multiplayer component, and I could not be more satisfied. Having played the previous 2 installments of COD, I grew tired of BlackOps far more quickly than I anticipated. I guess I got myAdmittedly, I have barely cracked the SP Campaign, as I tend to play either the Single Player OR the Multiplayer component of the First Person Shooters I buy. In this case, I bought KZ3 expressly for the Multiplayer component, and I could not be more satisfied. Having played the previous 2 installments of COD, I grew tired of BlackOps far more quickly than I anticipated. I guess I got my fill of COD online MP with Modern Warfare 1 & 2.. and found myself craving an online multiplayer FPS I could sink my teeth into. I'd finally played KZ2 shortly before KZ3 was released, and in the end, enjoyed it far more than I thought I would, and once I played the Multiplayer beta for KZ3 I was hooked. the KZ3 multiplayer has 8 large and diverse maps, in addition to the 2 extras that came with my pre-order. The maps are generally very large, and encourage different play styles, which is a nice change from the COD style of play for me. Probably closer to the Battlefield series, but I have never managed to get into those for some reason.

the game sports 5 well balanced classes with a pretty awesome and diverse range of special skills, each of which is essential for successful team based play. I find that most people gravitate towards Marksman (invisi-sniper) or Infiltrator (shotgun runner), leaving the more team-minded to man the Tactician, Engineer and Medic posts. Once I unlocked the 2nd Primary Weapon perk, I found myself more willing to play these support roles, which turn out to be very satisfying. I particularly love the tactician, as without spawn points, you can pretty much say goodbye to any hope of victory in Warzone mode, which is my favorite (though I enjoy them all) Spawn points sometimes come equipped with extra gear such as mortar beacons, jetpacks and exo's, all of which are mad fun and add alot to the gameplay.

all in all, I can't speak for the Single Player, but KZ3 Multiplayer is my game right now. I'm loving it!
  29. Jan 23, 2013
    Killzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such asKillzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such as having characters like the female soldier who is never introduced beyond her name). If you were to combine this engine and action pieces with something like Mass Effect then you would have a perfect shooter. As for the multiplayer, I'm not interested but apparently it is now free-to-play so that is another option. Summary: highly recommended for shooter fans. Expand
  30. Oct 28, 2012
    I've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like hisI've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like his predecessor) although i liked the the portrayal of the Helghan superiors (resemblance of known last century dictators). Expand
  31. Feb 9, 2013
    I actually love this game, the story mode and multiplayer is awesome!
    Also his epic graphics (that are better than ana other FPS)
    I don't understand why are people who gives low scores to this game, its simply AWESOME!
  32. Feb 23, 2011
    The best so far. Killzone 3 takes what was good from the second, and keeps that feeling with the third. Taking the graphics one step further, as well as the over all combat. And when you ad in the move, preferably with the Sharpshooter, it takes it up again. And on top of that, add 3-D to those who have made the plunge, and reward them for it. With a story that makes you understand yourThe best so far. Killzone 3 takes what was good from the second, and keeps that feeling with the third. Taking the graphics one step further, as well as the over all combat. And when you ad in the move, preferably with the Sharpshooter, it takes it up again. And on top of that, add 3-D to those who have made the plunge, and reward them for it. With a story that makes you understand your enemy that much better, it makes the over all feeling worth it. Its no Uncharted, but its a damn close second for the PS3. Expand
  33. Mar 3, 2011
    The Critic score is 85 and the user score is 8.4 (84) so clearly this is a good game. I give it 9 because for me it is the second best first person shooter available on PS3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is the best in my opinion, because it was original, all the sequels have been brilliant but more samey than any other shooter sequels. Story missions as good as Call Of Duty and online asThe Critic score is 85 and the user score is 8.4 (84) so clearly this is a good game. I give it 9 because for me it is the second best first person shooter available on PS3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is the best in my opinion, because it was original, all the sequels have been brilliant but more samey than any other shooter sequels. Story missions as good as Call Of Duty and online as good as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Astounding graphics, spot on sound effects, intelligent AI, average plot, average voice acting but an excellent addition too the range of PlayStation 3 exclusives. Must Buy. Expand
  34. Feb 26, 2011
    9.5, absolutely... breathtaking. graphics, animation, cutscenes just beautiful. must buy dammnit!!!!!!!!!!!
  35. Feb 26, 2011
    Totally awesome, especially for us somewhat tired of the same games beeing sold over and over again with slightly different stories and mechanics but mostly the same weapons. Yes, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and Medal of Honor, im looking at you. Better story and multiplayer than kz2, and it just keeps on getting better!
  36. Mar 2, 2011
    Wonderful game, im really impressed with the improvements they made from killzone 2, making that game look obsolete compared to this one, even though the multiplayer in kz2 was far more original, but at the same time this one is more balanced and way more addictive and fun.
  37. Mar 3, 2011
    I've played both the campaign and clocked in around 15 hours of online time, and I have to say this shooter is pretty damn good.

I've played them all: Halo, Half Life, CoD, Resistance, Crysis, Unreal etc... and Killzone 3 is a great addition to my library. It has it's own unique feel and quirks yet it's familiar enough so you can jump right in. Killzone 2 was, in my opinion, the beta for this great title. You can tell they listened to fans by fixing the weighty controls and questionable hit detection issues (getting a head shot a second after you got shot down?!). It still feels like Killzone 2, but without the issues that made me sell it after a few weeks.

Killzone 3 should keep the new fans for its familiarity and bring in new ones with its improvements. I STRONGLY recommend playing competitively with some friends and give it some time. It WILL grow on you.
  38. Feb 24, 2011
    i love this game, this isn't really a review, but i just can't help but comment to the people who keep comparing this to COD and calling it a ripoff. if this is a ripoff of COD, then COD is a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, doom, quake, heretic, hexen, rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, system shock, i could go on and on. the point being, first person shooters were around long before the CODi love this game, this isn't really a review, but i just can't help but comment to the people who keep comparing this to COD and calling it a ripoff. if this is a ripoff of COD, then COD is a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, doom, quake, heretic, hexen, rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, system shock, i could go on and on. the point being, first person shooters were around long before the COD games came along. just because COD is the first FPS you ever played doesn't mean it's the first one to ever exist, and certainly doesn't mean that every FPS to come after it is a ripoff. if anything, it's a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, which was the first FPS and it came out like 20 years ago. you kids and your ignorance is highly amusing. Expand
  39. Feb 23, 2011
    I am really impressed with this game, it is simply amazing great graphics, story mode and multiplayer . i feel this is a game i will be playing for a long time to come. (2)
  40. Feb 24, 2011
    Killzone 3 is one of the most addicting games I've played! First lets star off with what killzone is known for, Its graphics! they are AMAZING! They really fixed the gameplay from killzone 2, you don't feel too heavy but there is still a bit of heaviness for a realistic feel. They could of done a better online ranking system but except for that the online is a really fun experience.Killzone 3 is one of the most addicting games I've played! First lets star off with what killzone is known for, Its graphics! they are AMAZING! They really fixed the gameplay from killzone 2, you don't feel too heavy but there is still a bit of heaviness for a realistic feel. They could of done a better online ranking system but except for that the online is a really fun experience. there are only three game modes, but they have their own unique type of gameplay. The story draws you in! you really want to know what happens next. The story line in killzone 2 would still be my favorite. This game is fun and is easily re-playable and obviously a MUST have for the PlayStation community! Come on PlayStation, its yours! Be proud of it! Expand
  41. Feb 24, 2011
    Wow!! i just finished playing KZ3 last night and i must say that i am very impressed indeed. KZ3 leaves its predessor in its dust, as Gorilla takes the franchise to whole new level of awesome.
    From the engaging story, to the relentless bombardment of graphical goodness. its nice to see that Gorilla put more cut scenes in there too, thus allowing the gamer to actualy breathe easy for a bit before thrusting them back into another epic battle. the game also manages to do a good job of making you feel what it would be like to be out numbered and out gunned on an alien planet.
    From the very begining to the absolutely epic end, KZ3 will have you hooked............now, who's up for some mulit player :0)
  42. Mar 2, 2011
    I dont think this game deserves a 10 because of the ending, the fact that they nerfed the gunplay experience and that Rico gets turned into a hero instead of just putting a bullet in his brains... But at the same time considering that its way superior to killzone 2 in every single way, and i mean, every single way : story, character development, weapons, fun, addictiveness, mp experience,I dont think this game deserves a 10 because of the ending, the fact that they nerfed the gunplay experience and that Rico gets turned into a hero instead of just putting a bullet in his brains... But at the same time considering that its way superior to killzone 2 in every single way, and i mean, every single way : story, character development, weapons, fun, addictiveness, mp experience, sp time spam, etc, i think ill give it the maximum score, this game is golden grahams for me Expand
  43. Feb 25, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game.In my opinion Killzone 2 is a much better game.It might not be better looking then Killzone 3 but it plays a hell of a lot better.It's starting to feel like all of the other first person shooters.I thought Killzone 2 was just about as good as it gets at the time it was released and one that I will go back and play many times in the future.Gorilla youI'm very disappointed with this game.In my opinion Killzone 2 is a much better game.It might not be better looking then Killzone 3 but it plays a hell of a lot better.It's starting to feel like all of the other first person shooters.I thought Killzone 2 was just about as good as it gets at the time it was released and one that I will go back and play many times in the future.Gorilla you need to step up your game with the next installment. Expand
  44. Feb 28, 2011
    This was a fun game, especially with the sharpshooter gun. It wasn't as challenging as KZ2, nor was it as long. However, the multiplayer makes up for it's short length. By the way the 3D mode is mind blowing. Graphics 10, Sound 10, Difficulty 7, Replayability 8, Overall score 9.
  45. Feb 24, 2011
    The whole game is a thrill ride. Yes it may have some turning point to the gutter at some points but it holds. I think the ending wasn't as intense as the last game. The multi-player is even more awesome!
  46. Feb 28, 2011
    Me being a big Killzone and PS3 fan, I'll have to admit there were a few problems with this game. Mainly the campaign; there were a lot of plotholes that should have been better explained. same thing with the cliffhanger ending. As for the multiplayer, I think its a step-down from killzone 2. The game lost its originality; the formula that makes it Killzone. Instead Killzone 3 is just aMe being a big Killzone and PS3 fan, I'll have to admit there were a few problems with this game. Mainly the campaign; there were a lot of plotholes that should have been better explained. same thing with the cliffhanger ending. As for the multiplayer, I think its a step-down from killzone 2. The game lost its originality; the formula that makes it Killzone. Instead Killzone 3 is just a combination of other major multiplayer games. the game is still a lot of fun nonetheless. 7.5/10 for the campaign, 8.5/10 for the multiplayer. Expand
  47. Mar 15, 2011
    Best single player story this gen

Best multi-player game hands down this gen

Story line could be longer

Take no notice of the low scores since anybody can do a self review on ere and most are just 360fanboys.
  48. Feb 27, 2011
    This game is just amazing, improves everything of Killzone 2, the campaign is EPIC and the multiplayer mode owns CoD in all ways.

All people who liked KZ2 will love this game, and who doesn't, maybe KZ3 will convince them. All the improvements to the multiplayer are for good, so playing it is awesome. And what to tell of graphics, this is actually one of the best looking console games, if not the best.

A must-buy.
  49. Feb 26, 2011
    To keep things simple and short: Awesome! Guerrilla did a fantastic job this time around. I remember enjoying Killzone 2, and thought the multiplayer to be really fun and addicting. I've always preferred the Campaign modes, and thought that Killzone 2 was really good. This one blows it out of the water. The pacing, story, and variety are all fantastic. Also, the multiplayer mapsTo keep things simple and short: Awesome! Guerrilla did a fantastic job this time around. I remember enjoying Killzone 2, and thought the multiplayer to be really fun and addicting. I've always preferred the Campaign modes, and thought that Killzone 2 was really good. This one blows it out of the water. The pacing, story, and variety are all fantastic. Also, the multiplayer maps that I've played so far are also way better and more balanced. Well done fellas. P.S. I'm using the sharpshooter to play through the SP story a second time now and it is a totally different experience. Really good job. Expand
  50. Feb 27, 2011
    Epic and everything that could have been hoped for after the turn of events that ended Killzone 2. The game-play in this latest KZ offering are alot less sluggish than that of previously titles, however the characters still feel as if they have a realistic and considerable weight to them unlike anything I have previously played. The story plays out with a compelling tale beginning at theEpic and everything that could have been hoped for after the turn of events that ended Killzone 2. The game-play in this latest KZ offering are alot less sluggish than that of previously titles, however the characters still feel as if they have a realistic and considerable weight to them unlike anything I have previously played. The story plays out with a compelling tale beginning at the conclusion of the second game and is a must for fans of the series. Levels play out much similar to the other games in the series with a fine mix of vehicle levels, stealth and standard fps run and gun. Online adds variety also where other games haven't and the inclusion of the new level up system is a welcomed addition; botzone is another mode in which players can get that online experience without the many many deaths and online headset abuse! One thing this game does incredibly well is the EXPLODEY bits! The visuals in this game are unbelievable with some really huge boss battles thrown in for great effect. The one thing I do regret with this game however isn't anything to do with the game at all; It's just....this will look amazing in 3D...and now I know im going to have to buy a 3D set Expand
  51. Mar 1, 2011
    There has always been a fight between ps3 fanboys and xbox fanboys. Xbox has gears of war, while ps3 has resistance. Xbox has Mass effect, Splinter cell, alan wake, fable 3, left for dead, and Forza. To combat that ps3 has Uncharted, Demon Souls, Infamous, Resistance, Ratchet and clank, little big planet, Gran turismo, Heavy rain, MGS, Yakuza, and God of war. Now i didn't mention Halo andThere has always been a fight between ps3 fanboys and xbox fanboys. Xbox has gears of war, while ps3 has resistance. Xbox has Mass effect, Splinter cell, alan wake, fable 3, left for dead, and Forza. To combat that ps3 has Uncharted, Demon Souls, Infamous, Resistance, Ratchet and clank, little big planet, Gran turismo, Heavy rain, MGS, Yakuza, and God of war. Now i didn't mention Halo and killzone because those are what then fights are mostly about. Comparing The original killzone to halo 1 is stupid, halo won. Then Killzone 2 came out and everything changed, halo started getting some competition, but halo 2 still won. Now Killzone 3 comes out and it fights Halo 3, making this a close fight. Killzone 3 is a gaming experience which is gorgeous and now ties with Halo. This game is amazing, Beautiful and stunning. This is what Halo has to watch out for Expand
  52. Mar 15, 2011
    Sûrement le jeu le plus attendu de ce début d'année sur PS3, Killzone 3 en fait baver plus d'un. Après un bon épisode sur PS2, un moins bon sur PSP, mais un excellent épisode sur PS3. Killzone 3 arrivera-t-il à dépasser son grand frère ?

Depuis le succès du

Depuis le succès du premier épisode, la série Killzone et le groupe Guerrilla Games sont la propriété de Sony. Cela a donc permit au jeune développeur de trouver des fonds pour améliorer au maximum la qualité de leur jeux. Depuis le deuxième épisode de la saga, Guerrilla développe des soft à la pointe de la technologie graphique et sonore. Bien entendu, la beauté d'un jeu ne fait pas qualité. Dans le cas des Killzone, la qualité est au rendez-vous également. L'histoire prend place directement après la fin de Killzone 2. Le grand chef des helghasts, Visari, étant mort, les troupes de celui sont enragées et agressives, bien plus qu'avant. Sur cette planète maudite, il ne reste plus que votre régiment, une centaine d'hommes tout au plus. Vous devez vous enfuir, évacuer cette capitale bourrée de soldats ennemis.
    Vous reprenez donc le contrôle du sergent Sevchenko, accompagné du sergent Rico Velaskez et de toute une armada. Pendant votre périple étourdissant et éblouissant sur Helghan, vous rencontrerez divers personnages plutôt "nature". En effet, le côté "sombre" de ceux-ci sera vraiment mis en avant, surtout pour les Helghasts. En effet, après la mort de Visari, deux personnages important de la "république" Helghan se livrent une bataille sans pitiés pour prendre la tête du gouvernement et donc de l'armée. L'amiral en chef des troupes de la planète contre le président d'une société privée fournissant des armes de nouvelles technologie à cette armée. Ils se disputent donc la meilleur place pour pouvoir choisir leur moyen favoris d'éliminer l'ISA. Le gameplay de Killzone 3 est tout à fait similaire à celui du 2eme épisode, si ce n'est le fait que la prise en main est bien moins compliquée que celle de ce dernier, effectivement le côté "call of duty" du maniement rend celui-ci beaucoup plus simple.
    De nombreuses phases de contrôle de véhicules ont été implantées dans le gameplay. Celles-ci, parfois très plaisantes sont la plupart du temps ancrées sur des rails, bien plus que le reste du mode solo, qui l'est également. L'arsenal a été plus que doublé, et les armes sont bien plus sympathiques à manier que lors des précédents épisodes. Mais elles ne sont toujours pas personnalisables, c'est à dire qu'aucun accessoires ne peut être apposé sur les armes. Si des viseurs laser, des silencieux ou autres sont placés sur les armes, c'est qu'ils le sont de base, vous ne pourrez pas y jouer sans, même en multijoueur. Cette absence de possibilités de modifications et un des gros point faible des "détails". Et vous devez savoir comme moi que ce sont des **** détails qui font de grands jeux. Les graphismes de Killzone 3 sont quant à eux, époustouflant, c'est le mot. Le jeu regorge de détails, le ciel, les bâtiments, l'eau, les personnages, la neige et même le sang sont d'une qualité irréprochable. Des détails à en pleuvoir, c'est les mots justes pour qualifié Killzone 3.
    Même si l'on ne constate pas, du premier coup d'oeil, de grande différences par rapport à Killzone 2. On comprend la beauté de Killzone 3 en le comparant avec d'autre jeux récents.

La bande-son est elle aussi un des plus grands points forts de Killzone 3. Les doublages sont réussi à merveille, les voix colles bien avec les personnages, la coordination entre voix et mouvements des lèvres est presque parfaite. Mais surtout, la bande originale du titre est MAGISTRALE, rien que la musique d'introduction suffirait à faire acheter le jeu à quelqu'un.
    Elle pourrait sans aucuns doutes être le fruit du travail du meilleur orchestre du monde. Conclusion :

Graphismes : Le plus grosse claque de ce début d'année, sans aucuns doutes ! 19/20
    Musiques : Des doublages excellents et une des meilleurs BO de la PS3 ! 19/20
    Durée de vie : Le mode histoire est un peu plus court que celui de son aîné, compté entre 5 et 8 heures pour terminer le jeu suivant le niveau de difficulté, après cela, le mode coop et le mode multijoueur viennent largement enrichir cette durée de vie. 16/20
    Gameplay: Rien de nouveau sous le soleil, on vise, on tire, on court. Une formule simple mais efficace. 17/20
    Scénario : Un scénario intéressant qui, faute d'apporter une réelle profondeur au soft, lui donne un charme remarquable et cohérent. 13/20
    Général : Killzone 2 est devenu un culte du FPS, si Killzone 3 n'apporte pas grand chose de nouveau, il reste une très bonne surprise dans le monde du jeu vidéo. A ne pas douter que le petit dernier ne finira pas sur le Panthéon des FPS. 18/20
  53. Apr 1, 2011
    not sure why the acclaimed "critics" gave this sequel a score lower than 90, i think it is great. i bought dead space 2 and played it but i like Killzone 3 much better. it has great cut-scenes, a decent storyline, a beefy (length) campaign game, cool arsenal of weaponry--including sniper rifles, and many different battle tactics. hope they continue with some nice add-on missions!
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is altogether great. Although the singleplayer campaign is an overall disappointment, the shooting mechanics, coupled with jaw-dropping graphics create an unrivaled shooting experience. On top of this, Killzone 3 offers a rewarding multiplayer experience, with very fun class-based warfare that will keep you hooked.
  55. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  56. Apr 9, 2012
    Killzone 3 is the best-looking console game, full stop.
    The graphics are simply fantastic, and the gameplay is fun too.
    The campaign may not be very long, but is incredibly fun and action-packed.
    A must play.
  57. Aug 23, 2013
    It's a great game. More of the glorious same. Well, not completely. It has stealth, brutal melee and everything that Call of Duty isn't. My only complaint is that it's too short. I beat this within 7 hours.
  58. Jan 15, 2012
    Killzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and theKillzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and the soundtrack is great, and the guns and explosions sound awesome, and voice acting has improved but it's still not the best, the story is more interesting and the characters are a little bit more likable, but they are also still not that great, what is great is the amazing gameplay, the campaign is outstanding with intense firefights and awesome set pieces, and it has more variety this go around, from adrenaline inducing vehicle sections, tense stealth sections, and one of, if not the best jet pack section ever, and it also seems longer than most other shooters out there, it also has Playstation Move functionality but I wasn't able to test it out, and the multiplayer is phenomenal, and some of the most unique I've ever played, and requires more teamwork then most other shooters out there, and features a deep RPG like progression system in which you gain experience for everything you do, and when you level up you gain points to spend so you can unlock abilities in the very unique classes, it's fun and addicting, and with a fantastic campaign, cool features, and deep addicting multiplayer, this game can keep you entertained for hundreds of hours, and this is a must own for PS3 owners, and I'll even go as far as to say if you don't have a PS3 then this is the perfect reason to own one, a near perfect shooter that I highly recommend to any and all gamers, a must play. Expand
  59. Feb 27, 2012
    A fine addition to the FPS franchise, MP is extremely solid and balanced but not much variety in terms of unlocking however can't say the same with Campaign it's even worst than KZ2's
  60. Mar 15, 2011
    The campaign was a big step back from the awesome KZ2 one, but the graphics are still the best ever for any game and the multiplayer has been balanced out beautifully. Plus, they got the controls much tighter than before. Only wish they had tried to make single player better than just 3D eye candy.
  61. Mar 16, 2011
    PROS:
    Awesome multiplayer, stunning graphics (the best seen on console), more settings variations, an enjoyable and not so short single players, with peaks of excellence, and a well made offline coop. The best FPS you can buy on PS3
    CONS: maybe the game lacks the feeling of heavy weapons on your arms, and the war is less dirty and a bit more similar to what we have seen in CoD, and it has
    PROS:

CONS:
    maybe the game lacks the feeling of heavy weapons on your arms, and the war is less dirty and a bit more similar to what we have seen in CoD, and it has less personality than Killzone 2. Bad finale.
  62. Mar 16, 2011
    Ragazzi, qui si sta parlando di Killzone, una serie che, appena è nata ha subito stupito tutti quanti, poi, con la nuova generazione di console è nato un secondo episodio che ha messo le basi degli FPS Online nella PS3 ma con una campagna bella ed originalissima ma che non gridava al miracolo. Con il 3° episodio guerrilla studio ha colpito in pieno ilRagazzi, qui si sta parlando di Killzone, una serie che, appena è nata ha subito stupito tutti quanti, poi, con la nuova generazione di console è nato un secondo episodio che ha messo le basi degli FPS Online nella PS3 ma con una campagna bella ed originalissima ma che non gridava al miracolo. Con il 3° episodio guerrilla studio ha colpito in pieno il bersaglio, migliorando l'esperienza Online che adesso è UNICA e rendendo la campagna in single player godibile e piena di colpi di scena. La parte multigiocatore presenta, oltre ai soliti deatmatch e cattura la bandiera, anche una nuova modalità chiamata "Operazioni" in cui si giocano delle missioni tagliate con dei filmati di intermezzo, più fai bene, più probabilità hai di comparire nei filmati di intermezzo. il multiplayer di killzone 3 possiede il solito ranking del capitolo precedente, con l'unica differenza che adesso le armi e le abilità li devi comprare facendo punti nelle sezioni online. La parte offline del titolo Guerrilla presenta una campagna in cui si può giocare da soli o accompagnati da un amico; La storia riprende subito dopo quella del suo predecessore e continua con la tecnica del flashback e del flashforward intrecciando una storia molto più incisiva ma che rimane tuttavia superficiale e banale e con scenari che sono frammentari e disconnessi tra loro. il problema è uno, dov'è finita tutta l'originalità che aveva il secondo capitolo?? quella pesantezza dell'arma che nel secondo ti faceva bestemmiare l'hanno tolta, perchè?? Qui è caduto killzone 3, nell'originalità, un titolo ottimo, per l'amor del cielo, ma senza quel piccolo pezzo di originalità che lo avrebbe fatto diventar il miglior FPS su PS3. voto 9,0 Expand
  63. Aug 17, 2012
    Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно.Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Expand
  64. Jan 9, 2012
    Online multiplayer is really fun. The only problem is that their is only 3 modes. It's fantastic to play around with the different classes. Single player is creative enough with action and memorable moments everywhere.
  65. Aug 25, 2012
    Killzone 3 was one of the best FPS of 2011, the PS3 and generation, the producer managed to bring a better game than the acclaimed Killzone 2.The story is compelling, however, has "holes", but still interesting, the single-player campaign is epic that managed to be better than games like Resistance 3 and MW3, the graphics are nearly perfect, however, I met with two or three drops frameKillzone 3 was one of the best FPS of 2011, the PS3 and generation, the producer managed to bring a better game than the acclaimed Killzone 2.The story is compelling, however, has "holes", but still interesting, the single-player campaign is epic that managed to be better than games like Resistance 3 and MW3, the graphics are nearly perfect, however, I met with two or three drops frame during the campaing.Sounds of waepons,explosions and the soundtrack are awesome, excellent gameplay and an addictive and original multiplayer makes Killzone 3 one of the bests of the generation. Expand
  66. Dec 19, 2013
    Good shooter. Like the world created here. Although there is nothing new or special about it. It looks good, it controls well. I don't like the grey worlds though, there should be more color in this game.
    About the same experience as Killzone 2 but a bit better and with 2 player co-op campaign.
    I just played Halo reach and have upped my score on this game. I realise now how great Killzone 3 actually is. The weapons feel much heavier and the world just has much more charisma and appeal. After playing Killzone 3, I just can't go back and play the (in my opinion) much lesser game of Halo.
  67. Feb 20, 2012
    WHY THE **** are xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend thisWHY THE **** are xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with PS3! Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    This is one of the best and balanced fps game online right now... I must admit i love more K2 because it has more unique features that has been removed but this one its a great one too.
  69. Dec 28, 2011
    Number 1 FPS on PlayStation 3 for best price. Campaign is ok but multiplayer is epic great. Graphic in this game is awesome - best Anti Alliasing by MLAA. I didn't see game with that AA for that old gameunit.
    Killzone 2 vs Killzone 3 for me winner is KZ3. I give score 9, because on multiplayer everytime we got droppy a framerate.
  70. Feb 11, 2012
    Killzone 3 is easily the PS3's best console-exclusive shooter by a long shot. Combat is very raw and visceral, something that too many shooters are missing (albeit it can be a tad clunky at times). I haven't played a lot of multiplayer games on PS3 but out of them, this would be the best (don't particularly care for COD). Good variety of maps and a nice variant on the use of perks etc.Killzone 3 is easily the PS3's best console-exclusive shooter by a long shot. Combat is very raw and visceral, something that too many shooters are missing (albeit it can be a tad clunky at times). I haven't played a lot of multiplayer games on PS3 but out of them, this would be the best (don't particularly care for COD). Good variety of maps and a nice variant on the use of perks etc. Killzone 3 is definitely worth buying for its multiplayer. The single player campaign is also very enjoyable, taking the player through a variety of different locales (something sorely missing in K2), however the actual story and the characters are all quite forgettable. The friendly AI could also do with a bit of tweaking as sometimes they like to get in your way, forget to follow or just make a nuisance of themselves. It just doesn't have the same level of immersion as, dare I say it, Halo. Although it's definitely the PS3's best shooter, I wouldn't go as far to say it's a reason to buy a PS3, but definitely worth considering if you already own a PS3. All in all a very solid shooter but unfortunately it doesn't quite measure up to some of the Xbox exclusives such as Halo or Gears of War. Expand
  71. Jan 16, 2012
    Killzone 3 is a great game and one of the many reasons to own a ps3. I am not the biggest fps fan I feel that most of the games feel the same like every call of duty game and they get old pretty fast with that said. Killzone 3 is a great experience period. The game feels good and easy to pick up for anyone who like fps's. The graphics maybe the best I have ever seen on a gaming consoleKillzone 3 is a great game and one of the many reasons to own a ps3. I am not the biggest fps fan I feel that most of the games feel the same like every call of duty game and they get old pretty fast with that said. Killzone 3 is a great experience period. The game feels good and easy to pick up for anyone who like fps's. The graphics maybe the best I have ever seen on a gaming console this generation and the story line is engaging, Add to that the multiplayer to the already awsome single player game and you have a game well worth your money. Expand
  72. Mar 24, 2012
    Killzone 3 a bit disappointing, all said that it is much better plot than in the previous section, but I do not think so. The third part is definitely stronger than the second part, but weaker in terms of plot in my opinion. Gameplay, graphics, higher at times. My score 8 points
  73. Jan 12, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 because it takes the FPS and makes it absolutely beautiful and unique at the same time. This game has THE BEST graphics I've ever seen in a video game (I haven't played uncharted 3 yet). I love the set up of this game and I think the maps are incredible. BUY IT!
  74. Feb 10, 2012
    ill make it short , if you haven't played Killzone yet , than your not a FPS gamer yet . Killzone 3 is the reason why i have a ps3 and ill be this game over and over again . this game has a violent and raw soul
  75. Feb 15, 2012
    Its a really fun game the campaign is fun and the muliplayer is fun but my only problem is most of the weapons do the same thing i like diversity in my weapons you also die really fast in this game so if you like cod pick this up but i like having a challenge and shooting my target for a prolonged periods of time with games like resistance halo and gears of war so this is a little bitIts a really fun game the campaign is fun and the muliplayer is fun but my only problem is most of the weapons do the same thing i like diversity in my weapons you also die really fast in this game so if you like cod pick this up but i like having a challenge and shooting my target for a prolonged periods of time with games like resistance halo and gears of war so this is a little bit lacking for me Expand
  76. Mar 5, 2012
    This is the best looking FPS game and singleplayer FPS experience this generation has to offer. People who claim Halo is a better game, probably haven't even played Killzone 3 and only believe it's better because of the mass marketing for that title.
  77. Mar 19, 2012
    The best game of the Killzone franchise in the overall. The Single Player campaign in Killzone 2 is better for two reasons: Longer and Harder (I remember I spent almost a week to defeat Radec). The Multiplayer is A-W-S-O-M-E ! ! The skills development system is very interesting. The controls got very improved since Killzone 2. The only really bad thing is there are not so many maps forThe best game of the Killzone franchise in the overall. The Single Player campaign in Killzone 2 is better for two reasons: Longer and Harder (I remember I spent almost a week to defeat Radec). The Multiplayer is A-W-S-O-M-E ! ! The skills development system is very interesting. The controls got very improved since Killzone 2. The only really bad thing is there are not so many maps for Multiplayer. Expand
  78. Mar 19, 2012
    This is futuristic First Person Shooter game which is exclusive to the Playstation 3 gaming console. It strongest part is the online component of the game. The most played mode (i assume) it is called warzone. In this mode you are part of a 12 player team against another 12 player team, and the battle consist of several objectives, like assassination (you have to kill a specific personThis is futuristic First Person Shooter game which is exclusive to the Playstation 3 gaming console. It strongest part is the online component of the game. The most played mode (i assume) it is called warzone. In this mode you are part of a 12 player team against another 12 player team, and the battle consist of several objectives, like assassination (you have to kill a specific person in the other team, or defend it if he or she is on your team) or "search and destroy" in which you have to set bombs (or defend) on specific sites of the enemy terrain, in total there are 5 mission objectives.

The negative part about multiplayer is map rotation. The problem is that if you have buy extra maps you can get stock playing on those maps for hours ( i don't know if the game developers already fix it). Also the team size have been reduced from 16 players (in Killzone 2) to 12 in Killzone 3. The frame rate is a little bit slow (maybe 24-30 frames per second). Other significant loss from Killzone 2 is that now there are not specific game rooms (like dedicated servers). The campaign is not that great, the story is a little bit to generic and weak, but it has great moments. In the graphic department, this game is one of the best looking PS3 games available, and for now (i wrote this on march 19 2012) there are still a lot of people playing online.
  79. May 18, 2012
    This is one of the best FPS games out there. I gave it a 10 because of the amazing graphics, animations, music and sound effect. I never had problems with any glitches I kept hearing about, so I recommend this game to anybody that's interested in FPS games.
  80. May 29, 2012
    Killzone is a mighty game, literally squeezing the last juice of Playstation 3 console Although the campaign is not overly long, it provides a real fun. The single-player mode can manage various types of vehicles, mechami and use the best weapon to defeat the enemy number one, bezlistosnych Helghast. The strength of production is the multiplayer mode, which takes on the division of the ISAKillzone is a mighty game, literally squeezing the last juice of Playstation 3 console Although the campaign is not overly long, it provides a real fun. The single-player mode can manage various types of vehicles, mechami and use the best weapon to defeat the enemy number one, bezlistosnych Helghast. The strength of production is the multiplayer mode, which takes on the division of the ISA or Helghast. A large number of maps, modes, weapons, and the possibility of selecting a class, should satisfy any geek FPP game. Expand
  81. Dec 2, 2012
    The first time I played through this game, I didn't enjoy it a lot but the second time I realized that it was great. I payed better attention to the story and I thought that it was very solid. The graphics are amazing, from the varied environments to the awesome looking Helghast soldiers, and the guns are varied and unique, ranging from standard assault rifles to crazy space energyThe first time I played through this game, I didn't enjoy it a lot but the second time I realized that it was great. I payed better attention to the story and I thought that it was very solid. The graphics are amazing, from the varied environments to the awesome looking Helghast soldiers, and the guns are varied and unique, ranging from standard assault rifles to crazy space energy blasters. The vehicle levels were generally good, but some of them I did not like. Overall, this is a spectacular game. Expand
  82. Jun 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never even having heard of the series, I bought Killzone 2 and 3 after getting my PS3 and I must say I had a blast. I played them in chronological order, but I will review 3 here. When compared to its predecessor, Killzone 3 improves upon several aspects, most notably (to me) the controls: They seem much smoother and thus provide a more immersive battle feeling. The sound effects and voices are great for the most part; dialog is a little cheesy, but it's not overdone. The game continues the visual style of the series, artfully combining SciFi and World War 1 elements (trench warfare anyone?) into a nifty package. The enemy Helghast are reasonably evil and pretty OK AI-wise (although I found myself wondering how they could not spot me cowering in the knee-high vegetation that's right in front of them). Killzone 3's single player campaign is enjoyable and incorporates different surroundings and game mechanics, all of them implemented nicely. While not being much of an online gamer, I enjoyed a lot of good online matches, really liked the different modes they built (especially "Operations"). But to me, the best thing about the game is the couch co op support: You can play the entire campaign with a friend at your place and it's a lot of fun. The developers made it even better in the latest patch by giving people with 3d screens the ability to 2d co op fullscreen (both players see their own 2d fullscreen first person view on the same TV). I am rating the game 10/10 because it really felt to me like it is exactly what the PS3 was designed for: Great visuals, great controls, a not very deep but cool story that is presented as a cinematic experience, great co op and very good online multiplayer. Expand
  83. Jun 25, 2012
    I wish it were a longer campaign, because this was a thrill ride from start to finish, the guns just feel great to shoot.. oh, and don't let the back of the box fool you, it IS co-op campaign offline.
  84. Jul 11, 2012
    If you haven't played killzone 2, you will find the story boring. if you did play then you will find it interesting. Playing the campaign is fun, better than most of the games. Online multiplayer is stunning in every aspect. Graphics are PERFECT. The enviroment is well-detailed. FPS fans, this is a must-have. If you really dont care about the campaign, then go buy the multiplayer-onlyIf you haven't played killzone 2, you will find the story boring. if you did play then you will find it interesting. Playing the campaign is fun, better than most of the games. Online multiplayer is stunning in every aspect. Graphics are PERFECT. The enviroment is well-detailed. FPS fans, this is a must-have. If you really dont care about the campaign, then go buy the multiplayer-only version from the PS Store for 20$. And believe me, its worth the money. In my opinion its better than black ops, MW3 and BF3. Expand
  85. Jul 31, 2012
    I don't think the PlayStation 3 has ever had quite such a rounded, satisfactory package as this, with this level of polish, refinement and pure, simple, unpretentious action. This really good firstperson shooter game. Online game, gameplay, visuals and graphics are amazing. But the story aint so good.
  86. Mar 25, 2013
    7-Presentation; The menu's are well laid out, but the story is okay.
    10-Graphics; One of the best looking games ever.
    10-Sound; Better than battlefield's sound in my opinion, and one of the best too.
    10-Gameplay; The AI, Levels, controls, and mechanics are excellent.
    9-Lasting value; The single player is fun, but the co-op adds more value and the mulitplayer has tons to unlock
    Overall-9/10
  87. Oct 8, 2012
    This is a perfect example of how to make an awesome FPS, the gameplay was epic, the sounds in game are amazing and the graphics are top of it's class and even tho it lacks a tiny bit in the reasoning of the stories main plot elements it makes up for this by being just so much fun. And when you add a second player it becomes insanely better as everything does when you're playing with aThis is a perfect example of how to make an awesome FPS, the gameplay was epic, the sounds in game are amazing and the graphics are top of it's class and even tho it lacks a tiny bit in the reasoning of the stories main plot elements it makes up for this by being just so much fun. And when you add a second player it becomes insanely better as everything does when you're playing with a friend. The online play to is hugely addictive and it involves a lot more teamwork then your normal FPS. Personally i think Call of Duty should learn something from this franchise. Expand
  88. Oct 29, 2012
    Legend of a game, love killzone 3 and plying online is the way forward, love it :) great graphics and story is great also. Botzone is great to help you get used to the game and not have 1000 deaths in a real online multiplayer game lol:p

Glad i purchased it, and shocked at some negative ratings
  89. Jun 18, 2013
    Killzone 3 was a highly enjoyable experience. The campaign was pretty good and took between 6 and 12 hours to complete, although it really depends on your skill and the difficulty level. The story was a bit weak though. Multiiplayer is fun and will make players keep coming back for more.
  90. Aug 25, 2013
    Killzone 3 is the worthy predecessor of Killzone 2, but it's not better, and there isn't enough new ideas in it, that's why this game is just a 9/10.
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    I really enjoyed Killzone 3. The graphics are stunning and the controls are perfect. The one thing I didn't like about Killzone 2 was the controls being pretty clunky and Killzone 3 fixed that.
    A lot of people say the story of Killzone 3 was weak and I agree. But come on, it's an FPS game and I don't really care about the story.
    This is definitely one of, if not the, best FPS games out
    This is definitely one of, if not the, best FPS games out there. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is that there are plenty of FPS games out there, and I'm kind of sick of the genre.
  92. Oct 2, 2013
    OK, KIllzone 2 was great. Killzone 3 is neither better or worse. Graphically is slightly better due to the fact that they chose more colors than just brown and orange. Sound effects and voice acting are still top notch, and the shooting is still unique to the series. My main complaint is the story this time around. it was freakishly weak, it felt like it was a story about politics insteadOK, KIllzone 2 was great. Killzone 3 is neither better or worse. Graphically is slightly better due to the fact that they chose more colors than just brown and orange. Sound effects and voice acting are still top notch, and the shooting is still unique to the series. My main complaint is the story this time around. it was freakishly weak, it felt like it was a story about politics instead of a war between two worlds. The multiplayer returned to rival that of other FPS in the market and its just as fun as it was in Killzone 2. Not as great as killzone 2, but still a good final product and its a must play atleast once. Expand
  93. Jan 21, 2014
    Killzone 3 is a great Playstation 3 game. It offers a different twist on the fps genre. An engrossing singleplayer campaign and a fun and fluid, although sometimes slow and difficult multiplayer make Killzone 3 the ultimate package.
  94. May 6, 2014
    This is purely my personal opinion. Killzone 3 is a fantastic game which i do believe to be better than Call of Duty, especially for single-player. The controls aren't too hard too pick up, the graphics are just stunning and the story is great. I am glad i got this when it was released, Killzone is probably my favourite franchise.
  95. Sep 29, 2014
    This review is based on the CAMPAGIN and core functions of gameplay.
    Pros:
    - Amazing graphics, shows what a PS3 can do, it's absolutely jaw dropping at times. - tight fast gameplay, everything is as good as it's competitors, everything precise. - 10hrs in length with awesome levels - sound of guns and effects are great, voice acting is average. - great animations when reloading,
    This review is based on the CAMPAGIN and core functions of gameplay.
    Pros:
    - 10hrs in length with awesome levels
    - sound of guns and effects are great, voice acting is average.
    - great animations when reloading, running etc feels like a person with its heavy but agile feel.
    - challenging and smart A.I
    - great cast of characters.

Cons:
    - cant throw back enemy grenades (like COD) would've of been useful
    - cover system while good, you can't run into cover, you have to go next to it, then crouch. You can't crouch into it. Needs a tune up, if it's more like Far cry 3 were its free flowing then that would be great.

Side note:
    - to keep up with competitors it needs to add survival co op modes, that support split screen to add the value to this game. That supports both offline and online like COD.
  96. Dec 18, 2014
    Killzone 3 is a solid console FPS, stereoscopic 3D well integrated
    Positives: Solid gameplay, graphics, well paced, split screen co-op on campaign!
    Negatives: Campaign seemed a little short and ended pretty abruptly IMO

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.