Killzone 3 PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
8.0

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I am really impressed with this game, it is simply amazing great graphics, story mode and multiplayer . i feel this is a game i will be playing for a long time to come.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    kloborgg, kyo1980, and xbox360 users this is how i feel. looking at every fps to hit the market in recent memory ....black ops, battlefield, medal of honor.... can killzone3 compete...yes....enough to spend 65$ ...yes.... i don't play fps very well... ok i stink...so botzone is fine by me that make me feel the online experience without getting 1 billion deaths... the game reminds me ofkloborgg, kyo1980, and xbox360 users this is how i feel. looking at every fps to hit the market in recent memory ....black ops, battlefield, medal of honor.... can killzone3 compete...yes....enough to spend 65$ ...yes.... i don't play fps very well... ok i stink...so botzone is fine by me that make me feel the online experience without getting 1 billion deaths... the game reminds me of halo and halo 2, because of its other world planetary atmosphere...the graphics are awesome, there is junk flying and swirling around you... plus the people big enough i can see and identify what i need to plus the enemies ....the story is as long as everybody else so i really can't mark it down for that.... killzone3 is actually a 9.25 maybe 9.5.... its helped out by being interesting enough to make me want it, and being accessible enough so that even with my suckiness i can play a first person shooter to...and understand what i'm doing ...the little reticule that tells you where you need to go is smart...i'm usually overwhelmed and confused by fps...the GRAPHICS ARE REMARKABLE...explosion and sound are on point... multiplayer connects fine runs fine, loud obnoxious people lol...botzone is sweet...level design is nice... game is 9.25 because i enjoy it 10... it rocks....i am amending my review to add in obvious xbox360 fanboy hatred...metacritic did remove the zero scores however, kloborgg your review bothers me...you only compare killzone 3 to other similar games but seem to forget its its on universe...its not halo, or black ops so if killzone 1 and 2 didn't have 1000 weapons why would killzone 3 ? they also wear bodysuits, black ops and battfield don't maybe that explains the slowness...you have only reviewed 2 games 1 on xbox360 halo you gave a 10... wow on pc. a 10...suddenly your in ps3 giving killzone 3 a 6...your halo review insults halo...your killzone 3 review insults halo yet you gave it a perfect score...you attacked every component of killzone 3 listing it as inferior...that smells of ps3 hatred......like you said at the end of your halo review if you was going to dislike us anyway...hate our game, try and nitpick it, and clown its scores with trash....nobody at sony said its the best fps ever as you claim...like you said leave us alone... killzone 3 is a highly worthy threequel and your reviews along with the three removed 0's is just hatred and spite...nothing you said gives ANY indications you were after any other verdict....botzone is included for people like me...you asked i'm answering Expand
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    Gears of What? Halo Who? You'll be forgetting those games even existed after playing this amazing sci-fi shooter. You cannot compare a buggy console port like Call of Duty: Black Ops to a PS3 exclusive like Killzone 3. If you want to compare the two, It's mostly like a nasal-voiced tween walking into a heavily armored Helghast base dressed in a ghillie suit he bought from Wal-Mart with anGears of What? Halo Who? You'll be forgetting those games even existed after playing this amazing sci-fi shooter. You cannot compare a buggy console port like Call of Duty: Black Ops to a PS3 exclusive like Killzone 3. If you want to compare the two, It's mostly like a nasal-voiced tween walking into a heavily armored Helghast base dressed in a ghillie suit he bought from Wal-Mart with an Airsoft rifle in hand; Shouting "What fool? You a scrub. I take ya'll Helghast down." The nasal-voiced zit-face tween being Call of Duty: Black Ops. Expand
  4. Feb 23, 2011
    An unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slowsAn unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slows the character down gives a great sense of the physical interaction between you and your gun. The fact that it takes a second after you move the joystick to register movement..does not. Let me put it this way:

If you're carrying a 40lb gun, you're probably not going to be able to jump freely and run and twist like a maniac. However, if you want to turn 45 degrees to face an enemy, you'll be able to that nearly instantly; there is no delay between your brain signaling and your arm moving. In that regard, Killzone 3 still feels sluggish. If you want a weight-y feeling without loss of control, try Crysis 2.

On to visuals and audio.. they're some of the best on the consoles. I was never a fan of the super-intense blurring that they like to apply on to every single object, but the terrain is chock-full of detail and high-res textures. It doesn't quite measure up to the best games on the PC, but it's pretty damn impressive for a console that's 4-5 years old. The audio is loud, booming, and intense. Personally, I'd say Bad Company has got it beat, but that aside there's no competition. I could do without that annoying N64 beep sound every time I kill an enemy, but hey, that's just me.

Storymode.. is depressing. I can't remember the last time an FPS story has really stood out to me. I enjoyed Halo 3, but that's because I enjoyed the first Halo, not because the game itself had a great story. Reach and ODST (in my opinion), were both pretty disappointing. All the recent Call of Duty games are completely forgettable, though Black Ops did at least try to make some sort of plot twist (thought not with a very good conclusion). And so with Killzone 3 you get awfully typical, sometimes ridiculous action storyline that you will forget in a few weeks. Apparently, the campaign story is just there to move you from place to place in today's shooters. So, if we want quality storytelling, look to RPGs.

Multiplayer.. the reason most people buy the game. Well, it's really nothing special. The only things unique are "Botzone" and the game-changing feature Warzone that return from KZ2. I don't understand why you would need to play against Bots on a console that has built-in WiFi with free access to the internet, but it's certainly cool that they added it. Warzone keeps longer game sessions less tedious, but I found they sort of thin out the aspect of teamwork. I feel Battlefield games excel in almost forcing random people into working together to get the job done. In Warzone, every 5 minutes you have a new objective, pretty much convincing you to work at it by yourself in the best way possible. I'm not going to say there's no teamwork, and in fact there's probably more than in most Deathmatch games. Those features aside, everything else is what you expect. Call of Duty-esque gameplay, on some good maps (more variety than KZ2). You can unlock slightly more guns than last time, in a much less linear fashion. But really, the progression can't really measure up to its competitors. Black Ops went full out with their gun-customization and credit system, and even Reach gave a pretty bountiful armory to fill up. Plus, in terms of custom games or any other non-ranked multiplayer, KZ3 falls desperately short. Black Ops has their little betting system, and Reach has Forge-World and unmatched Custom Game editing.

So there you have it. For the record, I own a Playstation 3, an Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I play games based on merit, not based on what company decided to sponsor it. I compared this game to BlOps and Reach several times because those are the main console shooters these days, not because I have any love for those too. I can't stand playing Black Ops are after so many years of MW, and while I enjoy Reach, I do feel it was a disappointment campaign-wise, and I don't think it measures up to the prior games in the series. The FPS market has been a bit dry recently, so I highly recommend waiting for two games: Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3, both for the PC if possible. The gameplay in Crysis 2 will feel familiar to CoD-fans, and the thought of playing Battlefield 2 with next-gen graphics and destruction just makes me feel warm and happy. If you have only a PS3, yes, get Killzone. It's a technical achievement and a decent game, but in substance it's not anywhere near "the best FPS ever".
  5. Sep 20, 2011
    KZ3 is a worthy successor to KZ2. The single player campaign is somewhat short but it is solid. Online game play is a definite improvement over KZ2. Introduction of ecto skeleton and jet packs makes the online game play more fun. It was good decision on Gorilla games to introduce fixed re spawn points on the maps. This decision makes the game play more balanced compared to KZ2. Good game overall.
  6. Mar 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 is a credible shooter that's solid and satisfying. The new executions are fun to pull off, the shooting is finely honed and considerably accurate. The set piece moments are also epic and memorable. The problems start busting in once you realise that all you get is a shooter like many others, the story is a prime example of this trend. Sev is dry and the narrative in general hasKillzone 3 is a credible shooter that's solid and satisfying. The new executions are fun to pull off, the shooting is finely honed and considerably accurate. The set piece moments are also epic and memorable. The problems start busting in once you realise that all you get is a shooter like many others, the story is a prime example of this trend. Sev is dry and the narrative in general has you following orders from the ISA ring leader, giving no sense of personality to any of the characters. Another big issue is that most of these characters are your typical mucho men, with big muscles and a lot of guns, but it's hard to convince us that they're the good guys. Generally Killzone 3 improves its fundamentals but at the heavy cost of conformity. Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    If you are tired of traditional shooters then this is the perfect game. Set with an original gameplay gives a little bit of tactical combat that differentiate to the other fast-paced shooters at the moment. The campaign has a nice set of set-pieces presented in cutscenes instead of real time events ( that many shooters uses this days ). Graphics are stellar, stunning and impressive , butIf you are tired of traditional shooters then this is the perfect game. Set with an original gameplay gives a little bit of tactical combat that differentiate to the other fast-paced shooters at the moment. The campaign has a nice set of set-pieces presented in cutscenes instead of real time events ( that many shooters uses this days ). Graphics are stellar, stunning and impressive , but the facial details are a little ugly or just not in par with other games that has better facial graphics . Some animations problems get in the way when you see your AI partner stabbing or doing close combat sequences , also little glitches get in the way along with that but its part of it. Multiplayer is the big grand daddy of the Playstation exclusives, heck ! Even better than non-exclusives FPS nowadays. So go ahead and play this . Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2011
    Okay so let's start with the single player. It was pretty short, maybe 8-10 hours on the highest difficulty for the average gamer. Although it was short it was very fun and has moderate re-playability (not to give away any spoilers but one of the battles is incredibly fun and I've replayed it so many times)
    Now for the multiplayer. So far this is one of my favorite multiplayer games on the PS3. The leveling system works pretty well and while some things in multiplayer are a little overpowered it's nothing that completely breaks the game.
  9. Jul 15, 2011
    I really liked this game, i dont know why people give it such low scores. the flaws in the multiplayer will be fixed eventually through patches. they really did well with the sensitivity and i like the perk and weapon system. i also thought the brutal melee was a pretty good addition too. it's fun stabbing someone in the neck even though it leaves you open to enemy fire, it's worth it. theI really liked this game, i dont know why people give it such low scores. the flaws in the multiplayer will be fixed eventually through patches. they really did well with the sensitivity and i like the perk and weapon system. i also thought the brutal melee was a pretty good addition too. it's fun stabbing someone in the neck even though it leaves you open to enemy fire, it's worth it. the maps are huge and the graphics are really good. i also liked the addition of silencers. over all this is a great game i dont know why it got such low scores. Expand
  10. Mar 14, 2011
    This is a great PS3 game, worth playing once or twice, but it definitely has it's flaws. The hype on this game was ridiculous, and I'm a little disappointed that I can't give this game a 10. The visuals are obviously stunning, some of the best I've seen on the PS3 (Hell, even modern PC games) hands down. I'm decent at FPS games, but the single player on Normal was very challenging,This is a great PS3 game, worth playing once or twice, but it definitely has it's flaws. The hype on this game was ridiculous, and I'm a little disappointed that I can't give this game a 10. The visuals are obviously stunning, some of the best I've seen on the PS3 (Hell, even modern PC games) hands down. I'm decent at FPS games, but the single player on Normal was very challenging, annoying and frustrating trying to figure out how to not get killed. Your team's AI is obnoxious, they were constantly getting stuck on objects, running around mindlessly. When I was downed, I was constantly getting dialog (Which again... Obnoxious) saying "I can't reach you! I'm coming for you! You're too far! No wait... I'm not going to lose you!" It takes sooooo frustratingly long to restart once you die because the AI is trying to find a way to revive you. In Co-op it is worse, ten fold. That's not to say that this game doesn't have it's great moments. It's a great "action movie." In fact, I think a majority of the game is cutscenes. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you don't even get to play all of the cool parts, you get to watch them! And the ending! The ending of the game is absolutely terrible. It's as if they ran out of time. It's boring, uneventful, and predictable.

Multiplayer seemed to be the best part, but after connection errors, constantly getting sniped, and the other team constantly being infiltrators, it got boring fast. Oh, and the bots. Bots galore! You can level up in a couple days and it doesn't really show much. The multiplayer feels slow and sluggish, which can be refreshing for those who hate the arcade style CoD. All in all, I played the single player alone and then co-op. I played the multiplayer for 2 weeks or so. And I'm going to get rid of this game. I'm completely bored of it. Lastly, I'd like to mention that I wanted to buy the Move for this game, but I couldn't afford it, so I played it with a regular dual shock. So I can't speak for the 3D and Move experience, but I can imagine it can add another layer of depth.
  11. Apr 4, 2011
    Man WHAT A GAME. Its superb. Visceral, raw, tactical , beautiful and above all fun. It brings back teamwork. Players are encouraged to work in teams using different classes. A high KD doesnt benefit anyone and indeed there arent any chopper gunners to bolster your score. I am genuinly blown away. One player isnt perfect and has some cheesy moments and plot faults , but the inclusion of aMan WHAT A GAME. Its superb. Visceral, raw, tactical , beautiful and above all fun. It brings back teamwork. Players are encouraged to work in teams using different classes. A high KD doesnt benefit anyone and indeed there arent any chopper gunners to bolster your score. I am genuinly blown away. One player isnt perfect and has some cheesy moments and plot faults , but the inclusion of a co-op mode is a boon and it takes quite a few hours to finish. Multiplayer is a breath of fresh air. Long live the new best FPS KZ3. Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    Yeah, I was suprised. The caning people gave it seemed a bit unjust as i thoughts it was really good. The difference between big budget games and the production is evident as this plays like a dream. The east end feel of the helghast are not as threatening as a home game at West Ham but its getting there!! Queeny, god bless ya. Good weapons and certainly contains a few real tough bottleYeah, I was suprised. The caning people gave it seemed a bit unjust as i thoughts it was really good. The difference between big budget games and the production is evident as this plays like a dream. The east end feel of the helghast are not as threatening as a home game at West Ham but its getting there!! Queeny, god bless ya. Good weapons and certainly contains a few real tough bottle necks. good plot, lots of swearing, happy days. Expand
  13. Mar 9, 2011
    Killzone 3 is all about the excellent visuals and gameplay. The graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay is flawless. My only gripes with the game revolved around the campaign mode; its fairly easy (on the harder difficulties) and far too short. Once again Killzone repeated it's trait of a horribly boring and predictable storyline. There's also an absence of any form of 'boss' fights.Killzone 3 is all about the excellent visuals and gameplay. The graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay is flawless. My only gripes with the game revolved around the campaign mode; its fairly easy (on the harder difficulties) and far too short. Once again Killzone repeated it's trait of a horribly boring and predictable storyline. There's also an absence of any form of 'boss' fights. The dialogue was noticeably buggy at times - characters would repeat sentences or just stop talking mid-sentence. The improved controls were a big plus for me, in particular the hold-button-to-aim as opposed to KZ2 where you clicked once to toggle aim mode and then clicked again to leave the iron-sight view. The multiplayer is almost a carbon copy of its predecessor, almost a case of "if it's not broken, don't fix it". The new maps are spacious, even too big with the Warzone maps, and allow for both CQC and long distance sniping. While the maps are slow to load, I've never had a case of lag or a game crashing. Expand
  14. May 5, 2011
    This is truly one of the best online FPS experiences I have ever played with. This game is gorgeous. People trash the story mode, but I like it better then Halo's or anything COD has done. The game in single player does feel different as opposed to multiplayer. It has more weight but it's a great feel. Online, for me, for any FPS, is what it's about. I don't buy FPS to go thru the storyThis is truly one of the best online FPS experiences I have ever played with. This game is gorgeous. People trash the story mode, but I like it better then Halo's or anything COD has done. The game in single player does feel different as opposed to multiplayer. It has more weight but it's a great feel. Online, for me, for any FPS, is what it's about. I don't buy FPS to go thru the story mode, I buy them for online play. It's the more addicting part versus having to feel the pressure to finish the game. I have Bad Company 2 and have never touched single player b/c the multiplayer is so good. The leveling up system on this game is great. The maps are huge on Warzone and Operations, but some are smaller on guerilla warfare. You will take a beating early on but once you fully level up, you can start leveling up other classes to full, and start dominating. The overall experience is great. Online, there's really no lag, runs smooth, and rooms are generally full of enough players. The classes are unique, you just have to find what you like to use. I started with the Engineer and moved on to the marksman. There can be a lot of time invested in this game and enjoyed. Best FPS on the PS3. Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2011
    I went into Killzone 3 not knowing what to expect. I had kept myself away from trailers and such because I wanted a completely unspoiled experience. This payed off. Upon playing through the campaign and a few hours of multiplayer, I can safely say that KZ3 is the best game in the series. Story-wise, it's horrible. Picking up from the last game, Emperor Visari is dead at the hands of theI went into Killzone 3 not knowing what to expect. I had kept myself away from trailers and such because I wanted a completely unspoiled experience. This payed off. Upon playing through the campaign and a few hours of multiplayer, I can safely say that KZ3 is the best game in the series. Story-wise, it's horrible. Picking up from the last game, Emperor Visari is dead at the hands of the protagonist Sev's comrade, Rico. The Helghast launch a massive counter-attack, and Sev's team is left stranded on the Helghan homeworld. I thought Guerilla would develop on this urgency of being stuck in an alien world, but they didn't. The story feels very shallow and almost completely forgettable. The gameplay, on the other hand, is the best in the series. Highly polished gun play and a working first-person cover system make it a joy to play. Brutal melee attacks are also a ton of fun to pull of. (Poking your thumbs through a Helghast's helmet visor? **** priceless.) The gameplay translates well to the multiplayer too, though the cover system is strangely absent. To me, the multiplayer played excellently. Zero lag, decent community and a class unlock system that should definitely be used in other games. High quality stuff. The only gripes I have with Killzone 3 are the lackluster story. Apart from that, it's a solid shooter worthy of being in any PS3 owner's library. Expand
  16. Mar 22, 2011
    "The most fun I've had in years on a console FPS" is the first thing I said to my friends when I first played Killzone 3. The single player is very cinematic, delivering a fast-paced, emotion driven story. What we buy games for these days though, is the multiplayer - especially when purchasing an FPS Title. The multiplayer is very intense to say the least. It feels like a more "futuristic""The most fun I've had in years on a console FPS" is the first thing I said to my friends when I first played Killzone 3. The single player is very cinematic, delivering a fast-paced, emotion driven story. What we buy games for these days though, is the multiplayer - especially when purchasing an FPS Title. The multiplayer is very intense to say the least. It feels like a more "futuristic" version of Team Fortress to a certain extent - where there are Engineers to build bots - Medics to revive and heal - Snipers to take out the distant enemies. The game is extremely fun. I've put 25 solid hours into the multiplayer, and every day when I get home, I crave more. A definite purchase in my eyes. Especially if you're looking for a diverse shooter that supports many playstyles n the multiplayer aspect of the game. Expand
  17. Apr 10, 2011
    it's a very special game for the fans of this great game, if you don't like killzone 2, you can give an opportunity to killzone 3 cause is better and the PS move is very exciting, and also one of the greatest FPS multiplayer's
  18. Apr 12, 2011
    Well, I'm a big fan of FPS games. So, Killzone 3 is an awesome game. Although it's the first game in the series that I've played, but it's really fun. The graphics are amazing, storyline is interesting and the gameplay is fantastic with the Brutal Melee feature added. Another thing that I like about the game is mainly the multiplayer. It's becoz you can play with various abilities andWell, I'm a big fan of FPS games. So, Killzone 3 is an awesome game. Although it's the first game in the series that I've played, but it's really fun. The graphics are amazing, storyline is interesting and the gameplay is fantastic with the Brutal Melee feature added. Another thing that I like about the game is mainly the multiplayer. It's becoz you can play with various abilities and guns. This game promises replayability for sure! I think gamers and FPS fans should buy this for their PS3 console. I give it a 10! Expand
  19. Apr 19, 2011
    this was my first venture into the world of killzone and i thouroughly enjoyed from the fail of a storyline that is so bad it is funny to the excellent multiplayer, it isn't very hard top get good at this game which is a plus for me so i could now wonder on equal terms in the multiplayer unlike n CoD where i die all the time. added to this the excellant graphics and variety in levels justthis was my first venture into the world of killzone and i thouroughly enjoyed from the fail of a storyline that is so bad it is funny to the excellent multiplayer, it isn't very hard top get good at this game which is a plus for me so i could now wonder on equal terms in the multiplayer unlike n CoD where i die all the time. added to this the excellant graphics and variety in levels just top this off, the onlly gripe i have is that after completing a multiplayer class all the others seem reall under powered and, just no more fun, a must buy if u like fps and own a playstation Expand
  20. May 14, 2011
    Get this game! Incredible single player with exciting set-pieces and characters that come to life with the amazing graphics and animations, it does however get a little confusing towards the end of the story. In terms of multiplayer, this stands up with the big dogs like Battlefield and Call Of Duty (which is very poor compared to Killzone 3), the classes and abilities balance the gameplayGet this game! Incredible single player with exciting set-pieces and characters that come to life with the amazing graphics and animations, it does however get a little confusing towards the end of the story. In terms of multiplayer, this stands up with the big dogs like Battlefield and Call Of Duty (which is very poor compared to Killzone 3), the classes and abilities balance the gameplay very well and everything feels fair. You no longer feel like your walking around in a tin can full of oil which was a big complaint in Killzone 2, every weapon feels great and all are meatily satisfying to fire. There is also an option to play the single player in splitscreen co-op which is a lot of fun when you get used to the reduced screen size, however this is not available to play co-op online which would have been a nice touch. Splitscreen online is absent too which was one of the best parts of games like Black Ops and Motorstorm Apocalypse; here's hoping that they will include it in Killzone 4! Overall this is a fantastic A++ game that deserves to be played and appreciated by everyone. Expand
  21. May 19, 2011
    The campaign has a solid story with here and there the predictable storylines. It's a bad vs. good story with some twists in it but it never gets bored. The guns arent so much different for the second part. Big points I give to the graphics and sound: they are just amazing! A real enjoyment for the eyes and ears! This game is just great and so much fun to play with a friend! A must-have inThe campaign has a solid story with here and there the predictable storylines. It's a bad vs. good story with some twists in it but it never gets bored. The guns arent so much different for the second part. Big points I give to the graphics and sound: they are just amazing! A real enjoyment for the eyes and ears! This game is just great and so much fun to play with a friend! A must-have in your ps3 collection! Expand
  22. Jul 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game ever! Graphics, physics, shooting, everything! Very highly recommend ! This game has everything, playing in her pleasure. Multiplayer is a mega playable, . Expand
  23. Feb 26, 2012
    Killzone 3 has great graphics and intense, visceral game play. However, the story has always been a little blan and even boring. It feels like a futuristic version of world war 2 shooter. You're pretty much a soldier from Vetka fighting on behalf of the ISA after post First Extrasolar war tensions exploded into all out war (as in Killzone 1). What bothered me was that Sevchenko or "Sev"Killzone 3 has great graphics and intense, visceral game play. However, the story has always been a little blan and even boring. It feels like a futuristic version of world war 2 shooter. You're pretty much a soldier from Vetka fighting on behalf of the ISA after post First Extrasolar war tensions exploded into all out war (as in Killzone 1). What bothered me was that Sevchenko or "Sev" replaces the main character from Killzone 1 who then dies in this game, his death having no real effect on me. That was disappointing. Killzone 3 pretty much wraps up Killzone 2's story, just not as in a boring way. The different environments are great, and the introduction of new enemies was refreshing. Though the game feels a bit hollow, and even contradicting and then later far fetched. The game feels different without the common goal of a valiant defense or taking down Visari. It feels like an unnecessary expansion, and it seemed like an average game with a not too great ending for the series. The cutscenes are marvelous crafted, and the game is the most realistic war game out there. Overall, this game is a great first time play through, and that's it. Online multiplayer is "eh". The game is no more than a collector's item to be shelved for long time fans of the series. Overall: great graphics, great sound, great gameplay, but not very appealing to new fans or for mutliple replays. The story just seems very bare. The ending cutscene was so...just dumb, that it frustrated me. Personally, Killzone needs to end here at the third installment. The game is just simply overrated. Expand
  24. Apr 8, 2011
    i was not a big fan of KZ2 i thought the story mode was just barely ok and the MP starts off great and went to crap after you got to LT. status . KZ3 deffinitly kicked it up a notch in the story mode . the visuals are outstanding , you can now finaly carry 2 guns (well one heavy one light ) and your psitol , i felt every thing in the story mode flowed smoothly and never felt bored playingi was not a big fan of KZ2 i thought the story mode was just barely ok and the MP starts off great and went to crap after you got to LT. status . KZ3 deffinitly kicked it up a notch in the story mode . the visuals are outstanding , you can now finaly carry 2 guns (well one heavy one light ) and your psitol , i felt every thing in the story mode flowed smoothly and never felt bored playing through it and will deffinitly run through it again some day but it is kinda short and theres no online CO-OP >< . also some real cool guns . i loved the one that shoots out the green stuff and causes the enimys to blow up.. thats sweet also the morter/rocket launcher gun was pretty sick . where this game fails for me is in the Multiplayer department . i think its uber cheap when enimys can go invisable and desguise them selves as the opposite team EXTREMELY DAMN CHEAP!!! ive played about 15 online games and thats about where 80% of my deaths come from . so if you like your multiplayer with cheap tactics you will like KZ3's online but for me i didnt and will wait for socom 4 and hope thats better. Expand
  25. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall an improvement from Killzone 2, however someone might want to tell Guerrilla Games how narrative works.The whole beginning part is like a flash forward, but when you get the that part of the game you, the player, do something entirely different and get the same result. So, what, the whole intro part was not canon or what? Anyways, this game is pretty good, it fixed most of the problems Killzone 2 had in terms of gameplay and mixed up the environments a good deal. My other complaint with this game is that you never really get to fight the two big baddies the story centers around. And the last level, while maybe being fun with PlaystationMove, was pretty unspectacular with a controller. Expand
  26. Mar 16, 2011
    The game looks great. The campaign has a nice variation of game-play modes, enough so you don't get bored as you make it through the story.

Multiplayer is somewhat improved with custom class unlocks and new "Operations" mode.
    Highly recommended for any fan of the series.
  27. Mar 12, 2011
    The is the first Killzone game I've actually every played, so some of the back story went over my head. Regardless though, the plot itself is pretty straightforward, and the action in this one is fast paced enough so that you don't have to even worry about any plot anyway.

The first thing that strikes you in this game is the incredible visuals, in comparison with COD: Black Ops, this game has amazing graphics. The levels are incredible detailed, with great lighting and effects. As for the FPS element of it, the game is uses a cover mode system which to me was a little clunky, the selection of guns was quite limited too. That said the campaign mode is long enough to keep you entertained and for me the vehicle sequences were the best. Def worth the buy if you're an FPS fan, decent length campaign, great multiplayer with offline "botzone" for training, and also a co-op campaign mode.
  28. Sep 27, 2011
    Campaign is great. You cant stop playing. Its immersive like hell. Awesome game, short though.

Connecting to multiplayer is slow initially, but when your ps3 is connected to the server, online play is working properly. New: Get into a mech-suit or fly with a jet pack. Controls feels a lot more responsive than Killzone 2. There are many new DLC maps to download too.

Good game!
  29. Mar 13, 2011
    Even Better than killzone 2( which I put 250 hours into multiplayer). Killzone 3 just out classes every other fps in every way and form. I would recommend this to all. And to the reviewers saying the campaign isnt that great there full of it!, The campaign is full of all action and I couldnt stop playing it. 10/10 from me.
  30. Mar 9, 2011
    I guess I'm in the gaming minority or I just haven't drank the Killzone 3 flavored Kool-Aid yet.
    But, I was severely disappointed with the Single Player Campaign of KZ3, much more than KZ2 and to the point where I'm near the end but out of sheer boredom I abandoned it in favor of Bulletstorm and I haven't looked back. I'm not here to compare KZ3 to Bulletstorm! However, the one striking and remarkable difference is Bulletstorm may not be as graphically polished as KZ3, BUT, and it's a huge BUT, I'm having WAY more FUN with Bulletstorm than I did with KZ3. And that includes enduring some of Bulletstorm's annoying glitches. KZ3 SP campaign is so disjointed with abrupt cuts to lengthy cut-scenes (some I thought I would actually play!?!) and missions end oddly with your character stopping abruptly as the screen fades to black. WTF? It was as if I was playing pieces or demo sections of a game rather than the finished, whole cohesive product. To me It just seemed that GG needed another month or so for polish. The aiming/targeting doesn't seem as lethargic as in KZ2, but it is still present and now pretty much is a love or hate it mechanic of the series. I haven't delved into MP yet and from what I read that is the main reason why the game scores so high. But, whenever I play an FPS I ALWAYS go through the SP campaign first and that above all is why I cannot overlook or let KZ3 rest on it's MP laurels.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.