• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
7.9

1. Feb 23, 2011
    kloborgg, kyo1980, and xbox360 users this is how i feel. looking at every fps to hit the market in recent memory ....black ops, battlefield, medal of honor.... can killzone3 compete...yes....enough to spend 65$ ...yes.... i don't play fps very well... ok i stink...so botzone is fine by me that make me feel the online experience without getting 1 billion deaths... the game reminds me of halo and halo 2, because of its other world planetary atmosphere...the graphics are awesome, there is junk flying and swirling around you... plus the people big enough i can see and identify what i need to plus the enemies ....the story is as long as everybody else so i really can't mark it down for that.... killzone3 is actually a 9.25 maybe 9.5.... its helped out by being interesting enough to make me want it, and being accessible enough so that even with my suckiness i can play a first person shooter to...and understand what i'm doing ...the little reticule that tells you where you need to go is smart...i'm usually overwhelmed and confused by fps...the GRAPHICS ARE REMARKABLE...explosion and sound are on point... multiplayer connects fine runs fine, loud obnoxious people lol...botzone is sweet...level design is nice... game is 9.25 because i enjoy it 10... it rocks....i am amending my review to add in obvious xbox360 fanboy hatred...metacritic did remove the zero scores however, kloborgg your review bothers me...you only compare killzone 3 to other similar games but seem to forget its its on universe...its not halo, or black ops so if killzone 1 and 2 didn't have 1000 weapons why would killzone 3 ? they also wear bodysuits, black ops and battfield don't maybe that explains the slowness...you have only reviewed 2 games 1 on xbox360 halo you gave a 10... wow on pc. a 10...suddenly your in ps3 giving killzone 3 a 6...your halo review insults halo...your killzone 3 review insults halo yet you gave it a perfect score...you attacked every component of killzone 3 listing it as inferior...that smells of ps3 hatred......like you said at the end of your halo review if you was going to dislike us anyway...hate our game, try and nitpick it, and clown its scores with trash....nobody at sony said its the best fps ever as you claim...like you said leave us alone... killzone 3 is a highly worthy threequel and your reviews along with the three removed 0's is just hatred and spite...nothing you said gives ANY indications you were after any other verdict....botzone is included for people like me...you asked i'm answering Expand
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    I am really impressed with this game, it is simply amazing great graphics, story mode and multiplayer . i feel this is a game i will be playing for a long time to come.
  3. Feb 23, 2011
    An unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slows the character down gives a great sense of the physical interaction between you and your gun. The fact that it takes a second after you move the joystick to register movement..does not. Let me put it this way:

If you're carrying a 40lb gun, you're probably not going to be able to jump freely and run and twist like a maniac. However, if you want to turn 45 degrees to face an enemy, you'll be able to that nearly instantly; there is no delay between your brain signaling and your arm moving. In that regard, Killzone 3 still feels sluggish. If you want a weight-y feeling without loss of control, try Crysis 2.

On to visuals and audio.. they're some of the best on the consoles. I was never a fan of the super-intense blurring that they like to apply on to every single object, but the terrain is chock-full of detail and high-res textures. It doesn't quite measure up to the best games on the PC, but it's pretty damn impressive for a console that's 4-5 years old. The audio is loud, booming, and intense. Personally, I'd say Bad Company has got it beat, but that aside there's no competition. I could do without that annoying N64 beep sound every time I kill an enemy, but hey, that's just me.

Storymode.. is depressing. I can't remember the last time an FPS story has really stood out to me. I enjoyed Halo 3, but that's because I enjoyed the first Halo, not because the game itself had a great story. Reach and ODST (in my opinion), were both pretty disappointing. All the recent Call of Duty games are completely forgettable, though Black Ops did at least try to make some sort of plot twist (thought not with a very good conclusion). And so with Killzone 3 you get awfully typical, sometimes ridiculous action storyline that you will forget in a few weeks. Apparently, the campaign story is just there to move you from place to place in today's shooters. So, if we want quality storytelling, look to RPGs.

Multiplayer.. the reason most people buy the game. Well, it's really nothing special. The only things unique are "Botzone" and the game-changing feature Warzone that return from KZ2. I don't understand why you would need to play against Bots on a console that has built-in WiFi with free access to the internet, but it's certainly cool that they added it. Warzone keeps longer game sessions less tedious, but I found they sort of thin out the aspect of teamwork. I feel Battlefield games excel in almost forcing random people into working together to get the job done. In Warzone, every 5 minutes you have a new objective, pretty much convincing you to work at it by yourself in the best way possible. I'm not going to say there's no teamwork, and in fact there's probably more than in most Deathmatch games. Those features aside, everything else is what you expect. Call of Duty-esque gameplay, on some good maps (more variety than KZ2). You can unlock slightly more guns than last time, in a much less linear fashion. But really, the progression can't really measure up to its competitors. Black Ops went full out with their gun-customization and credit system, and even Reach gave a pretty bountiful armory to fill up. Plus, in terms of custom games or any other non-ranked multiplayer, KZ3 falls desperately short. Black Ops has their little betting system, and Reach has Forge-World and unmatched Custom Game editing.

So there you have it. For the record, I own a Playstation 3, an Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I play games based on merit, not based on what company decided to sponsor it. I compared this game to BlOps and Reach several times because those are the main console shooters these days, not because I have any love for those too. I can't stand playing Black Ops are after so many years of MW, and while I enjoy Reach, I do feel it was a disappointment campaign-wise, and I don't think it measures up to the prior games in the series. The FPS market has been a bit dry recently, so I highly recommend waiting for two games: Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3, both for the PC if possible. The gameplay in Crysis 2 will feel familiar to CoD-fans, and the thought of playing Battlefield 2 with next-gen graphics and destruction just makes me feel warm and happy. If you have only a PS3, yes, get Killzone. It's a technical achievement and a decent game, but in substance it's not anywhere near "the best FPS ever".
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    Gears of What? Halo Who? You'll be forgetting those games even existed after playing this amazing sci-fi shooter. You cannot compare a buggy console port like Call of Duty: Black Ops to a PS3 exclusive like Killzone 3. If you want to compare the two, It's mostly like a nasal-voiced tween walking into a heavily armored Helghast base dressed in a ghillie suit he bought from Wal-Mart with an Airsoft rifle in hand; Shouting "What fool? You a scrub. I take ya'll Helghast down." The nasal-voiced zit-face tween being Call of Duty: Black Ops. Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    Despite some of the recent reviews ive read, where the game gets basically called a cod ripoff with no originality, and a horrible storyline, I must say that I just cant agree with any of those reviews, I was about to leave gaming as a whole because i was just tired of playing the same games all the time. Killzone 2 brought me back to gaming all of a sudden, it was very original, with an awesome multiplayer and the best graphics ive ever seen (not technically, but still it has the best mapping and characters ive ever seen in a game). Then killzone 3 arrives and it gets insulted by some reviewers and fans. But what are the contents of this game? Basically, this game improves killzone 2 on everything, it has many more weapons, BIGGER weapons infact (miniguns, rocket launchers, tanks, laser guns, heavy machine guns, etc), better multiplayer,better storyline (although still preety poor), co-op gameplay, even better graphics and sound, preety much all of the things which ruined in some ways killzone 2, are fixed in killzone 3. The multiplayer on the other hand should have something fixed, and thats the amount of recoil in the weapons, it removed a lot from the recoil in killzone 2 which made the weapons back then feel extremely realistic and powerful. At the same time the multiplayer is much more addictive than before and has even better maps. My favourite fps of all times, 10/10 Expand
  6. May 11, 2011
    Ignore YodaCracker's review, if you check his history he gives all PS3 games incredibly low ratings including giving Little Big Planet 2 a 0/10. He's a troll. Killzone 3 his honestly one of the best FPS games I've played in a while. The Move is incredible (once tweaked and after approx 1.5 hrs practice), I can't go back to DS3, analogs feel sluggish and very inaccurate now) - Move is revolutionary for console FPS games. The MP is amazing! I logged about 10hrs each into Reach and Black Ops MP since launch, about 20hrs in BFBC2 and have played over 7 hrs of K3s multiplayer already, the game is that good! It's probably my fav FPS MP this gen so far. I sincerely hope Sony implements Move into all future 1st/3rd party FPS games because I can't go back to standard controls. The SP is a lot more fun that I expected given what the review sites said, definitely a lot better than Black Ops or MW2s SP, but not quite as good as Reach. If you like FPS games this is among the best there is, I definitely recommend buying it. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    Bravo, Guerrilla. I mean it, you guys have created the best FPS of this gen and one of the best FPS' of all time. Up until today, KZ2 was my favourite game but now it's without a doubt KZ3. Story: I have no idea what the hell the reviewers are talking about, the story in KZ3 is fantastic, especially for an FPS. The writing was slick, the subplots were interesting, and everything fit. What more cold you ask for? Well, maybe a better ending than the half-assed one we got. Endings are something Guerrilla really needs to work on, imo. Gameplay: Better than KZ2 in every single way. I loved the controls, the variety of the vehicles, etc. However, was it just me, or is KZ3 a f*ck ton harder than KZ2? I had no trouble beating KZ2 on Elite, but KZ3 on normal kicked my ***! Voice Acting: Honestly, I consider the new Sev and Narville completely new characters. While I really did like them in KZ3, they certainly were not the same in KZ2, attitude and personality wise. Sev was more of a kid and far less professional while Narville was more pansy and less gun-ho in KZ3. Regardless, I liked them. Rico's voice was very well done. Not better than KZ1's Rico, but much better than KZ2's (Same VA, I know). The real star of the show, to me, is Ray Winstone. Don't get me wrong, Malcolm did an awesome job, but Ray knocked it out of the park!

Multiplayer: Intense, addicting, action packed, tactical - it's perfect! Well, as soon as they sort out the connection issues. Set-pieces: Epic, epic, epic. That sums up the set pieces and cutscenes in KZ3. EPIC! All in all, I must say, this was quite an experience. Definitely worth $140 and 2 years of waiting.
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    A game with a fun and adictive multiplayer, with literally no unbalanced weapon and awesome maps where teamplay is a big and decisive factor? One of the best singleplayer experiences which lasts from 7 to 8 hours in easy/normal mode 8 to 10 hours in hard mode? A revolutionary cover system, now upgraded with a sliding and climbing ability? Best graphics on console? Yes thats killzone 3, and I dont think it deserves that 8.5 metascore. While other games like modern warfare 2 have a 9.5 with an unplayable multiplayer, average graphics and boring lineal singleplayer, killzone 3 in the other hand with one of the most funniest experiences ever just has an 8.5. PROS:: Everything. CONS. BEING EXTREMELY NITPICKY:: Storyline, facial expressions on secondary characters, we want more! Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 2 was a great game and I would give it around a 8.8, but Killzone 3 is better in every aspect and deserves a 9.8. It has more action packed singleplayer, better graphics, better controls, and the multiplayer... well lets just say it's banana insane! If your a FPS fan and have been playing games like COD, Halo, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, etc. Killzone 3 is a MUST BUY. It has everything you would expect from a multilayer experience: unlocks, customization, varied gametypes, bot-mode, insane graphics, perfect hit detection, and most of all it is fun to play. I've been playing the full game since release time and I also played the Open and Private betas they had earlier this year, so I've got a lot of gametime with this game. On top of that I've played over 15 days of Black Ops 12 days of Bad Company 2, 8 days of Medal of Honor and almost every other FPS on the market. So trust me when I say... Killzone 3 is amazing! Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2011
    All over scripted rail shooter. The campaign is way too short, no significant changes in visuals and gameplay.It's the same ol' boring KZ 2.5. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5
  11. Jun 7, 2011
    This game is really good! Wonderful graphics, game play smooth, great sound, fun coop campaign e provides to you so many hours os multplayer on line with the possibility of 24 players in the battlefield. This game is a little ta-tics, if you have one group to join Killzone 3 with you, it will be really fun!!
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 is to Killzone 2 what Resistance 2 was to Resistance: FOM, or what Modern Warfare 2 was to Call of Duty 4: a unique, tightly crafted shooter experience thrown into the Michael Bay-athon converter in the name of larger set pieces, more explosions and a larger number of enemies to kill. Also, like the Resistance series, Killzone 3 has taken a lot of cues from COD, which unfortunately does far more bad than good to a game that already had a strong and unique identity. Killzone 2 was a game that understood the unrelenting and chaotic nature of battle, and incorporated it into every aspect of its gameplay. Aiming was unforgiving and weighty, as the developers deliberately included input lag in the controls. Enemies were smart and resilient, utilizing cover and shooting blindly at you so as not to expose major body parts. Weapons had a real feeling of recoil, yet a satisfying sense of power. Killzone 2 was as close as any FPS had come to showing that shooting guns and aiming is actually very hard, and its core action distinguished it from other FPSs. For those who have not, take yourself to a gun range one day, and try shooting a target from about 20 meters back; you'll be surprised how bad a shot you actually are and how much longer it takes to line up a good shot than you would expect. Unlike in COD, just because your iron sights look like they're perfectly lined up, they probably are not, as the slightest deviation of even a fraction of a milimeter really throws your shot off; those milimeters really add up over the course of full on meters and screw the trajectory of your shot. Killzone 3 has stomped all over that to cater to the criticisms of a million crying sheep who want to play the same game (COD) over and over again. In Killzone 3, the weighty controls are mostly gone, the enemies take fewer hits to go down, are less intelligent, and there is far too much reliance on mind numbingly boring "on-rails" set piece sequences, which while pretty, from a visual perspective, have you doing nothing but holding down the fire button nonstop while your vehicle moves down a predetermined path and you watch lots of pretty explosions
    that result if a bullet of yours so much as grazes an enemy object. The level design just isn't there when the game relies on its core shooting mechanics rather than gimmicks (jet pack, etc.). In trying to add variety and cater to the more casual FPS crowd (how much more casual can you get?), Guerrilla games has abandoned the very gravitas and realistic military identity it established in KZ2. While I love COD Blackops, I bought Killzone 3 to ensure a different FPS experience, not to play its flashier, but goofier attention whore cousin.
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game! Excellent graphics and gameplay.

@ps3fanfan: Firstly you obviously don't know s*** about computer graphics (this game pushes the limits of PS3) and secondly I bet you think every shooter out there is a clone of CoD. Pathetic.
  14. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start the year (along with LBP2). GRAPHICS- As mentioned earlier, graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The set pieces will make your mouth drop and so will the effects and animations. This game has no technical issues except for the fact that it fades to black too much between scenes. Otherwise, this game has some of the best graphics around. And they've even added 3D to the mix. Hell yeah! STORY- The story is weak in this game and that is the problem with it. This game's story is basically about Sev and his squad stuck on a hostile enemy planet but this is never protrayed well and that is what keeps the game from getting a higher score.Also, the story never really goes anywhere. It is more like a reason to play the levels. SOUND- The sound is phenominal. The game is a deafening experience with explosions and the voice acting and soundtrack are superb. GAMEPLAY- The gameplay is similar to Killzone 2, but everything has been tweaked up and there are cool new gameplay mechanics that make the game immensly fun to play. MULTIPLAYER- In one word- AWESOME. The multiplayer is some of the most fun multiplayer I have seen and it has a fantastic level up system that makes you want to play more and more. So in a nutshell, Killzone 3 is a great game but it has a weak story that never progresses much.
    Also, if you wish to see my other review, see my review for Uncharted 2.
  15. Feb 22, 2011
    This game is AMAZING! Kick Ass story mode, great online and fun co-op! A shame they toned down the skills needed for online play compared to Killzone 2, but that doesnt stop it from being a blast! The multiplayer is alot more balanced this time around, made easier to master for the new guys joining the Killzone bandwagon from other shooters such as...you know what :P Buy it, you will not regret it!
    PS. Tactician FTW!
  16. Feb 22, 2011
    Game is like the old one KZ 2 but improved very much over graphics and gameplay. Many says it lacks story but who wants it when you can have fun killing the helgans.Move adds the next dimension to the game and really enjoyed playing it.
  17. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 graphics-10 (10 says it all) story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy) gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time) sound - 10 (what more do you want?) replay/enjoyment- 10 (atleast rent the game before you dis it, if you don't like it okay, but first try it) Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh the meh campaign story. Expand
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    Visuals: In a word: gorgeous. From the moment you boot up the game, you'll be treated to a dazzling array of effects which swirl and engulf you. However, the facial animation and water effects look... odd. Audio: None of the weak sound effects found in Black Ops. Killzone 3 booms, thumps and explodes with a ferocity matched by few other games out there. The score is fairly cookie cutter fare and there are moments when the voice acting seems off, but it all comes together.

Gameplay: Refined and tightened. The weightiness of the controls has been tweaked to provide tighter control. It might not make it as realistic as its predecessor, but it sure makes it more fun. Everything else remains largely unchanged. You can still stick to cover, essentially making this game a 1st person Gears of War.

Value: The campaign is short and fairly entertaining. Although the plot isn't anything to write home about... it doesn't compare unfavorably to recent shooters such as Black Ops and Medal of Honor. Ultimately, Killzone 3's value lies in the multiplayer component and this is where it shines. Taking the good from Killzone 2 and fixing some niggling flaws, Guerilla Games has crafted one of the best online shooters since Bungie's Halo Reach. It's a great time to own a PS3.
  19. Feb 22, 2011
    top notch graphics(in fact the best console fps I've ever seen) **no load times** the amount of particles floating around and things going on in the environment is just stunning from a technical standpoint... good sound... good story... Move support (the sharpshooter is sick)... 3D support which I'm sure is the best 3D's current state allows(not impressed with what I've seen in 3d just yet but too each his own)... what seems to be a pretty deep online experience... if you own a ps3 treat yourself to one hell of a first person shooter... Expand
  20. May 26, 2011
    If you're looking for an epic planetary war story, you might reconsider playing Killzone 3. If, however, you're just looking for a great FPS, with lots of action, awesome maps and over the top graphics, buy this game now. The story is a bit cheesy, and most of the characters are flat enough for you to care less if they die or not, the actual game-play itself does more than make up for it. There is nothing I love more than melee attacking space nazis, gouging their eyes out and stabbing them in the neck. Expand
  21. Feb 25, 2011
    Why did the hell did they remove the custom games? The main reason I bought this game is to play custom games against the bots with my friends! I have been getting texts from them all night asking me how the game is. But when I tell them they removed the custom/bot games, none of them are willing to buy the game!

And those menus, they look like they were done by a retarded 5yr old with
    a red crayon! The numbers above a person you are shooting destroy any sense of realism! Only 6 maps, and DLC already? How can they take something that works and intentionally ruin it?

Very disappointing!
  22. Feb 23, 2011
    If you dont like this game you are probably just a mindless fanboy, its got everything you want from an fps and more: vehicle battles (singleplayer and multiplayer), awesome sniping, cover system, sliding, big/medium/small weapons, awesome storyline and the greatest antagonists ever, Mcdowell you rule!
    Btw In this metacritic site PS3FanFan is an xbox fanboy and TLS21 is stupid enough to
    not play the game and still review it :P Expand
  23. Mar 1, 2011
    A MUST HAVE! Pay no attention to the haters leaving a low score for this game (Haters) this game ROCKS! From the very first level to the final stage of the game it does not stop with action.
  24. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this game. Everything about it is intense. The graphics are great, the cutscenes are impressive, and I enjoy the gameplay. I've played it with the standard controls and with the sharpshooter. I've been finding myself enjoying it more with the sharpshooter than with the standard controller. Overall I recommend anybody to buy this game.
  25. Mar 2, 2011
    What a great FPS! I am having a hard time understanding some of the complaints about this game. Like any Oscar worthy movie, the story here is not for everybody. I don't think the narrative is bad or the acting for that matter. I really enjoy the story behind Killzone, but understand why some people don't. There are some holes and questions I have about it, but I had similar questions after watching the movie Inception. The point is, I don't think the story is weak, I just don't believe, everyone will love it like me. As far as mechanics are concerned, I think they're great. The controls are tight, the weapons feel great, the level design is solid etc..... Some of the levels run a little linear, but so do most FPS's. It's just that other FPS's hide the linearity a little better. The multiplayer is right up there with COD and other competent shooters, even though it doesn't offer anything new or things you haven't seen before. There are some multiplayer modes that are a little different, but not enough to stand on their own. It's still competetive, addicting and fun. Graphically, the game is a beast. In a good way. From bullets whizzing through the air leaving trails, structures collapsing, explosions showering the air with smoke, dust and debris, heads occasionally exploding, filling the air with a red fog, this game looks amazing and eerily realistic. I found this almost a turn off. There we're moments when I said to mysef, "Holy **** this looks to real!". If put in a real life scenario, I think military vets might actually complain about the realism of the bloodletting. All and all, this is a great game, a great FPS and I personally believe it should be mentioned in the same breath as Halo. I actually like this game better for all the reasons I stated. Which is no knock on Halo. I love the that series too as well as CoD. I just think this game is a slight notch above the rest. It would be like arguing that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. Take your pick. Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2011
    Great game, a must-have for all PS3 owners. Graphics are A+ as always, and multiplayer is active.

If you have already played Killzone 2, it's very very similar. Though some will argue with me, I am just a casual Killzone player, it's basically an upgrade as far as multiplayer goes. I purchased this on release, and so far there are a few loading issues and bugs, but I'm sure in a week
    or two they will be sorted out. Other than that, every thing is great. Expand
  27. Feb 22, 2011
    The first thing I would like to say is that its single player is boring. So if you thought that Killzone 2s' story was boring, you will most likely fins Killzone 3s' story boring. I was really disappointed with the games single player, after reading all of those interviews with Guerrilla games online, i thought that the single player would be a lot better but it wasn't. Although the graphics are great and the voice acting is decent, the single player was just mediocre. I seriously do not understand how professional reviewers can say that the single player was great. Well anyways there is also the multiplayer. The multiplayer is very good, it's not the best but it has kept me entertained for a couple of days now(I got my copy early). The only thing that is missing from the multiplayer is more game modes, but hopefully they will add more with future updates. Also, this game is a lot smoother than killzone 2, I actually like it a lot better, aiming is not as frustrating as it was in killzone 2. The controls give the the feeling of a faster paced game. Well anyways I would give the single player a 5/10, and the multiplayer a 9/10 which averages out at a 7/10. If you are not a fan of FPS I would recommend that you rent it just to see what the PS3 is capable of doing, and if you are a fan of FPS(like myself) I would tell you to buy it for the multiplayer. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2011
    AMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes and controls that have a nice balance of killzone 2 and battlefield bad company 2. 10/10. Expand
  29. Feb 23, 2011
    Very impressive graphically,though not as good as Gears or God of War.Excellent audio.Expect 5min action,fade to black,cutscene,the entire way.Weapons,as usual in the series,are excellent.
    All in all,a well made FPS with intense action,good visuals,forgettable story and characters
    .Is it worth a purchase?Yes,KZ3 fits right in with the release window where nothing else substantial is
    available for a couple weeks.So get it and trade it after a week or so. Expand
  30. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give it a 10 because people won't take this review seriously. I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but this is just way more fun to play. I wish this game had an XBOX port so I can play with more of my friends. Yes, it's that good. Expand
  31. Mar 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Single player short review: Killzone 3 is a disappointment.

This game has all the ingredients of AAA title and yet it fails to become an amazing classic. Visuals are astonishing, make no mistake about that, but a game needs more to keep me wanting more. Gameplay is smooth, but still feels like a corridor shooter. I didn't feel it was story-driven. Everything felt like a showcase of ideas glued together with cutscenes.

The biggest disapointment is the lenght of the single player campaign, roughly 5 hours is way too short. The ending is anti-climatic and leaves you thinking "wait, what, was that it?!". On top of that I believe developers made a big mistake of putting Rico in charge most of the time - I want to be the man here, I hated "staying on his six" and felt curiously happy and unwilling to help when he got downed. By no means though, did he stop his annoying chatter...

Now, to sum it up - I'm on my second play-through and would urge you to get the game, because it's definitely worth playing. You'll have fun. But don't expect a classic, because Killzone 3 hasn't lived up to the hype.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.