Killzone 3 PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
8.0

1. Sep 9, 2016
    Not the best of story lines however the game is just awesome at game play. I played at the difficulty level between the easier and the tougher one and the gameplay was a fun one. It just had the right balance. Sound was excellent throughout. Check points in the game are at regular intervals, does not frustrate you at any time. I must have finished the game in under 7 hours but definitelyNot the best of story lines however the game is just awesome at game play. I played at the difficulty level between the easier and the tougher one and the gameplay was a fun one. It just had the right balance. Sound was excellent throughout. Check points in the game are at regular intervals, does not frustrate you at any time. I must have finished the game in under 7 hours but definitely enjoyed the experience! Expand
  2. Aug 11, 2016
    Pretty good game with decent graphics. I am a huge FPS fan and also a cooperative one. This game incorporates both aspects flawlessly and created a joyful experience. It was a ton of fun to play with my friend and we used strategy and tactics for the first time in an FPS single player rather than who can get the most kills. I would recommend you play this game with friends.
  3. May 13, 2016
    When great turns generic
    Killzone 2 is my favorite first person shooter to date, So needless to say I was excited to see what was done with the sequel.. Unfortunately, all that was done was turning a great exclusive to a call of duty clone. Killzone 2 comparisons aside, this isn’t a bad game… The characters are interesting, the levels are varied.. you can play through the
    When great turns generic
    Killzone 2 is my favorite first person shooter to date,
    So needless to say I was excited to see what was done with the sequel..
    Killzone 2 comparisons aside, this isn’t a bad game…
    The characters are interesting, the levels are varied.. you can play through the campaign with a 2nd player…
    But the story creates no urgency in the way killzone 2 did, turning this into a mindless 5 hour campaign of just shoot the bad guys with the same boring weapons in every other game…
    I will give them credit.. they do mix the campaign up quite a bit,
    Youll be in the snowy mountains with jet packs, youll be taking down giant mecs, stealthing your way through a jungle…
    but the story and levels never feel connected…
    making the game ultimately feel all over the place in a bad way..
    And the multiplayer is surprisingly still fairly alive at certain times of day,
    so there is some opportunity to have some multiplayer fun with the different classes killzone 2 introduced..
    Being able to strategically support your team and level your classes up
    but to bring the comparisons back in..
    The magic has been lost.. the multiplayer maps are garbage in comparison to killzone 2…
    I did have fun, but these maps have got to be the weakest ive ever seen in an online shooter..
    Theres not much else to say about killzone 3…
    It’s become a generic shooter, with an ironically predictable story that accomplishes nothing…
    And a unique multiplayer crippled by a lack of any true creativity.
    I give Killzone 3
    an 8/10
  4. Feb 21, 2016
    This series of game (killzone 1,2,3) have a nice story and environment where you are some spacemarine killing some spaceNazi. They call them ISA and Hellgane, but its pretty much the same. Killzone 1 and 2 had some issues with the mecanics. Some of the controls were counterintuitive and impracticle. But they fixed all the bugs in Killzone 3, and let me tell you, its one of the bestThis series of game (killzone 1,2,3) have a nice story and environment where you are some spacemarine killing some spaceNazi. They call them ISA and Hellgane, but its pretty much the same. Killzone 1 and 2 had some issues with the mecanics. Some of the controls were counterintuitive and impracticle. But they fixed all the bugs in Killzone 3, and let me tell you, its one of the best shooters out there. And the soundtrack. DAM! thats a great soundtrack! Expand
  5. Dec 15, 2015
    The game is fun, not like Killzone 2 but is good for end of the game! The story is pretty cool, the dialogues are well done very good acting voice! Highly recommend better than many FPS out there just clones....
  6. Jul 14, 2015
    Some kind a work on mistakes of Killzone 2. The game has become much bigger, more impressive and more friendly to the player. Plus, the developers were able to achieve a very high quality picture, even without the use of modern graphics effects. Surprisingly, the PS3 is still capable of showing such a high-quality picture
  7. Feb 5, 2015
    Wooohhh nelly slow down i think i see killzone. Is that killzone? Doesnt seem like killzone. Seems like somebody dutied on it. Well it wasnt my horse. No no more killzone. What happened 2 was so Good. Me dont like 2 play easy dumbed down things.Too much doody round here. Ridin my horse outa here caz its all down hill after this.
  8. Jan 18, 2015
    If u loved killzone 2 u will love this game too.The story and the locations are better than the secnd but u will miss the battlefields of killzone 2 exept some parts.The multi is unforgettable and if u start playing it...
  9. Dec 18, 2014
    Killzone 3 is a solid console FPS, stereoscopic 3D well integrated
    Positives: Solid gameplay, graphics, well paced, split screen co-op on campaign!
    Negatives: Campaign seemed a little short and ended pretty abruptly IMO
  10. Sep 29, 2014
    This review is based on the CAMPAGIN and core functions of gameplay.
    Pros:
    - Amazing graphics, shows what a PS3 can do, it's absolutely jaw dropping at times. - tight fast gameplay, everything is as good as it's competitors, everything precise. - 10hrs in length with awesome levels - sound of guns and effects are great, voice acting is average. - great animations when reloading,
    This review is based on the CAMPAGIN and core functions of gameplay.
    Pros:
    - 10hrs in length with awesome levels
    - sound of guns and effects are great, voice acting is average.
    - great animations when reloading, running etc feels like a person with its heavy but agile feel.
    - challenging and smart A.I
    - great cast of characters.

Cons:
    - cant throw back enemy grenades (like COD) would've of been useful
    - cover system while good, you can't run into cover, you have to go next to it, then crouch. You can't crouch into it. Needs a tune up, if it's more like Far cry 3 were its free flowing then that would be great.

Side note:
    - to keep up with competitors it needs to add survival co op modes, that support split screen to add the value to this game. That supports both offline and online like COD.
  11. May 6, 2014
    This is purely my personal opinion. Killzone 3 is a fantastic game which i do believe to be better than Call of Duty, especially for single-player. The controls aren't too hard too pick up, the graphics are just stunning and the story is great. I am glad i got this when it was released, Killzone is probably my favourite franchise.
  12. Feb 17, 2014
    I barely played the multiplayer so this is just a review of the singleplayer campaign. The story starts almost directly after the end of Killzone 2. Not that anybody cares because the story is extremely bland and the main heroes are either unlikable or forgettable. Story-wise most of the entertainment comes from Ray Winstone and Malcolm Mcdowell who are extremely over the top and just chewI barely played the multiplayer so this is just a review of the singleplayer campaign. The story starts almost directly after the end of Killzone 2. Not that anybody cares because the story is extremely bland and the main heroes are either unlikable or forgettable. Story-wise most of the entertainment comes from Ray Winstone and Malcolm Mcdowell who are extremely over the top and just chew scenery throughout the entire game.

The game controls a lot better than its predecessor while still keeping the feeling that your weapons have weight. The level design is also a bit better and i used the cover mechanic quite a bit while i don't remember using it at all in Killzone 2. Visually the game still looks great and holds up pretty well even after having seen Killzone: Shadowfall. Overall i had fun with the game but i doubt that i remember much of the singleplayer campaign after a few months
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    Killzone 3 is one of the greatest shooters I have ever played. I am new to the sony side of things and from what I have seen, this game is better than call of duty, rivals halo, and absolutely buries the gears series. This game is almost perfect...
  14. Jan 29, 2014
    It is apparent that the developer of Killzone puts realism ahead of everything in their game. But realism does not make good games; whereas Killzone 3 is visually impressive and of course, quite realistic, it is mediocre as a fps.
    Enemies in Killzone are pretty tanky: it takes around 10 body shoots to kill. It might make sense because of the armor enemies are wearing, but it makes shooting sloppy, as you don't have a sense that you shots are hitting. Covers continue to be useless as is in all Killzone games: enemies hit you with pinpoint accuracy despite you being in cover. Although you could do the same thing to enemies hiding behind cover but what's the point of making a cover system if it does not work?
    I feel like the weapons in Killzone isn't realistic; although its the 24th century and battle cruisers warp around the galaxy, soldiers are still using physical bullet rifles with red dot sights or just iron sights. Cmon we need futuristic guns! Especially when the environment is so futuristic and amazing!
    Even with these issues however Killzone 3 still gets a 7 with its vibrant world, awesome graphics and alright level design.
  15. Jan 21, 2014
    Killzone 3 is a great Playstation 3 game. It offers a different twist on the fps genre. An engrossing singleplayer campaign and a fun and fluid, although sometimes slow and difficult multiplayer make Killzone 3 the ultimate package.
  16. Jan 16, 2014
    Killzone 3 fails to deliver the fun and excitement that killzone 2 delivered. The story is very short and forgettable with no connection between the characters. The controls are better on singleplayer , a lot faster and easier to aim. On multiplayer the controls are quick like COD but not as smooth. The action on multiplayer is very much the same as CoD with no teamwork in play. TheKillzone 3 fails to deliver the fun and excitement that killzone 2 delivered. The story is very short and forgettable with no connection between the characters. The controls are better on singleplayer , a lot faster and easier to aim. On multiplayer the controls are quick like COD but not as smooth. The action on multiplayer is very much the same as CoD with no teamwork in play. The classes aren't really used tactically considering most people pick class with trip mine or infiltrator. The infiltrator ability allows him to have a friendly icon over his head all the way up till he is about 3 feet from you, but by then its too late. So most of my multiplayer experience was mostly running into trip mines, getting killed by infiltrators, and instant deaths from the overpowered guns. I don't like it, killzone shadow fall and killzone 2 are way better than this game (despite killzone 2 controls) Expand
  17. Jan 2, 2014
    Killzone 3 is a very good game but isn't as good as the 1st and 2nd Killzones, because first of all, the graphics look exactly like KZ2, I just wish KZ3 came out years later for a new Playstation (Shadow Fall, thank you) just like KZ2 came out on the PS3 after KZ1 came out on the PS2. My other disapointment with this game is the multiplayer which in no way is as good as KZ2. The thingsKillzone 3 is a very good game but isn't as good as the 1st and 2nd Killzones, because first of all, the graphics look exactly like KZ2, I just wish KZ3 came out years later for a new Playstation (Shadow Fall, thank you) just like KZ2 came out on the PS3 after KZ1 came out on the PS2. My other disapointment with this game is the multiplayer which in no way is as good as KZ2. The things are: The story, voice acting, some of the greatest battles in all of the series, and the pacing. KZ3 gets 7/10 Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2013
    Good shooter. Like the world created here. Although there is nothing new or special about it. It looks good, it controls well. I don't like the grey worlds though, there should be more color in this game.
    About the same experience as Killzone 2 but a bit better and with 2 player co-op campaign.
    I just played Halo reach and have upped my score on this game. I realise now how great Killzone 3 actually is. The weapons feel much heavier and the world just has much more charisma and appeal. After playing Killzone 3, I just can't go back and play the (in my opinion) much lesser game of Halo.
  19. Nov 21, 2013
    Having only played Killzone 2 I have to say this is a vast improvement from it. Killzone was clunky and boring, but beautiful. The gameplay is fantastic, as are the graphics. The story is boring, the voice acting is ridiculous, and the characters are way over-the-top and cartoonish.
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    This game just copies CoD in many ways. The crosshair is completely copied from CoD. And in my opinion, the guns look very bad. Never ever buy this game, ever. Of course, I don't play it but I have seen gameplay. The graphics are terrible. In short, never EVER buy or play this game, even if your friend wants you to play it or recommends you.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    I gave him a seven but because I have a good day. Killzone 3 is better than the 2 but not much. Maybe the Shadow Fall will be the crown of these games I don't know but this isn't enough. Killzone is not a great FPS.... not by a long shot
  22. Nov 3, 2013
    ok,i dont have anything again playstation
    but this game is overated
    i mean,the story is boring,it has a lot of cliches and stupid things
    the gameplay is good and the graphics too but
    i dont know,it isn the mine.
    still better than call of duty
  23. Oct 2, 2013
    OK, KIllzone 2 was great. Killzone 3 is neither better or worse. Graphically is slightly better due to the fact that they chose more colors than just brown and orange. Sound effects and voice acting are still top notch, and the shooting is still unique to the series. My main complaint is the story this time around. it was freakishly weak, it felt like it was a story about politics insteadOK, KIllzone 2 was great. Killzone 3 is neither better or worse. Graphically is slightly better due to the fact that they chose more colors than just brown and orange. Sound effects and voice acting are still top notch, and the shooting is still unique to the series. My main complaint is the story this time around. it was freakishly weak, it felt like it was a story about politics instead of a war between two worlds. The multiplayer returned to rival that of other FPS in the market and its just as fun as it was in Killzone 2. Not as great as killzone 2, but still a good final product and its a must play atleast once. Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2013
    La sólida acción de "Killzone 3" ya ha sido puesta a prueba en la entrega anterior, solamente fue capaz de mejorar la jugabilidad y las capacidades tecnológicas, pero eso dista de cambiar la temática del juego que es todavía excelente. Si bien no es tan bueno como la segunda entrega, "Killzone 3" da vertiginosa diversión para el poseedor de la PlayStation 3.
  25. Aug 25, 2013
    Killzone 3 is the worthy predecessor of Killzone 2, but it's not better, and there isn't enough new ideas in it, that's why this game is just a 9/10.
  26. Aug 23, 2013
    It's a great game. More of the glorious same. Well, not completely. It has stealth, brutal melee and everything that Call of Duty isn't. My only complaint is that it's too short. I beat this within 7 hours.
  27. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a fun and very short (7-9hr.) fps. The story line isn't the best but the action makes up for it. The over all sound of the game is good but the guns don't give off very good "umph" when firing. As of all PS3 exclusive titles the games color pallet is poor. The entire game seems grey with highlights of red or green splattered through out. You should not purchase this game for anyThis is a fun and very short (7-9hr.) fps. The story line isn't the best but the action makes up for it. The over all sound of the game is good but the guns don't give off very good "umph" when firing. As of all PS3 exclusive titles the games color pallet is poor. The entire game seems grey with highlights of red or green splattered through out. You should not purchase this game for any price. If your bored over the weekend this is a great rental. Expand
  28. Jun 18, 2013
    Killzone 3 was a highly enjoyable experience. The campaign was pretty good and took between 6 and 12 hours to complete, although it really depends on your skill and the difficulty level. The story was a bit weak though. Multiiplayer is fun and will make players keep coming back for more.
  29. Jun 9, 2013
    I really enjoyed Killzone 3. The graphics are stunning and the controls are perfect. The one thing I didn't like about Killzone 2 was the controls being pretty clunky and Killzone 3 fixed that.
    A lot of people say the story of Killzone 3 was weak and I agree. But come on, it's an FPS game and I don't really care about the story.
    This is definitely one of, if not the, best FPS games out
    This is definitely one of, if not the, best FPS games out there. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is that there are plenty of FPS games out there, and I'm kind of sick of the genre.
  30. Mar 25, 2013
    7-Presentation; The menu's are well laid out, but the story is okay.
    10-Graphics; One of the best looking games ever.
    10-Sound; Better than battlefield's sound in my opinion, and one of the best too.
    10-Gameplay; The AI, Levels, controls, and mechanics are excellent.
    9-Lasting value; The single player is fun, but the co-op adds more value and the mulitplayer has tons to unlock
    Overall-9/10
  31. Mar 5, 2013
    This game was pretty good at launch, but eventually it went down, most people lost interest and all that was left were snipers and a few addicted guys. Also the lag became worse.
  32. Feb 24, 2013
    Pros: Nice graphics, awesome gameplay, fast but tactical multiplayer with nice melee executions.
    Cons: Boring story, you never get the feeling that the game has reached it´s climax, like The Final Big Battle you know? And that´s pretty dissapointing.
  33. Feb 23, 2013
    It's a good game, but no where near Killzone 2. This game improved all the basic things of Killzone 2 like the graphics, controls etc. but many other things they made worse. The story-mode is all good (not as good as KZ2), but the online is really hurting it. What made it unplayable online for me was those awful Jetpacks which made it all very unbalanced! compare to killzone 2 which was aIt's a good game, but no where near Killzone 2. This game improved all the basic things of Killzone 2 like the graphics, controls etc. but many other things they made worse. The story-mode is all good (not as good as KZ2), but the online is really hurting it. What made it unplayable online for me was those awful Jetpacks which made it all very unbalanced! compare to killzone 2 which was a perfect balanced game without it. Jetpacks should have been kept to the story mode. Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2013
    More of the same...visuals awesome, but gameplay feels generic and repetitive.
  35. Feb 16, 2013
    A great game with great game play and good graphics! The story is decent and the dialogue is good! The characters are believable and develop well. The multiplayer is good fun. But the campaign is a bit short and the ending wasn't great. Overall though, a great game!
  36. Feb 9, 2013
    I actually love this game, the story mode and multiplayer is awesome!
    Also his epic graphics (that are better than ana other FPS)
    I don't understand why are people who gives low scores to this game, its simply AWESOME!
  37. Jan 23, 2013
    Killzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such asKillzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such as having characters like the female soldier who is never introduced beyond her name). If you were to combine this engine and action pieces with something like Mass Effect then you would have a perfect shooter. As for the multiplayer, I'm not interested but apparently it is now free-to-play so that is another option. Summary: highly recommended for shooter fans. Expand
  38. Dec 11, 2012
    Killzone 3 could have been great. and should have been so much better. The seamlessness was fixed a little but the story i felt still lacked, and if felt more appeartent because you only played for a little and there was a cutscene (to mask the loading) which is better than just having to wait, and then you could play again. Another issues was the first one I thought actually looked betterKillzone 3 could have been great. and should have been so much better. The seamlessness was fixed a little but the story i felt still lacked, and if felt more appeartent because you only played for a little and there was a cutscene (to mask the loading) which is better than just having to wait, and then you could play again. Another issues was the first one I thought actually looked better than this one, especially the beginning of the second one with all that detail in the city, and destruction this one i felt didn't have near the impressive shock "2" had on me. I enjoyed the more corridor closer small space a fighting. The gameplay was pretty much the same through out and didn't over many changed, but like in uncharted 2 and 3 it is easy to compare killzone 3 with its predecessor, but killzone 2 was the first game by guerrilla on ps3 so it should have been there uncharted and killzone 3 should have been their uncharted 2, but unfortunately it fell a little flat. It was neat the implimentation of a huge boss, but the marketing completely spoiled it for anyone looking forward to the release, and so I felt all of the surprises was already out of the bag, That would have been awesome had I not already know about that part and then was like what I have to fight this mauler@!@!@$#$. Anyways, it was a good game, the implementation of the coop deserves props, as well as 3D and move support but it should have been better, and another aspect that I thought would have really been fixed by this one was the screen-prompt animations, which were still twitchy. Press "o" to hit a elevator button or pick up ammo and you character and camera twitches in the fixed position it needs to be in. I don't remember other games having this problem, when I think of Crysis, Call of Duty, can't think of more FPS, however now that I remember the exact same problem happens with some God of War animations where you get near a minotar for example and it turns a 360 and you put your blade in its mouth. I hope these small things are fixed by the next one. Expand
  39. Dec 2, 2012
    The first time I played through this game, I didn't enjoy it a lot but the second time I realized that it was great. I payed better attention to the story and I thought that it was very solid. The graphics are amazing, from the varied environments to the awesome looking Helghast soldiers, and the guns are varied and unique, ranging from standard assault rifles to crazy space energyThe first time I played through this game, I didn't enjoy it a lot but the second time I realized that it was great. I payed better attention to the story and I thought that it was very solid. The graphics are amazing, from the varied environments to the awesome looking Helghast soldiers, and the guns are varied and unique, ranging from standard assault rifles to crazy space energy blasters. The vehicle levels were generally good, but some of them I did not like. Overall, this is a spectacular game. Expand
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    This is one of the best and balanced fps game online right now... I must admit i love more K2 because it has more unique features that has been removed but this one its a great one too.
  41. Oct 29, 2012
    Legend of a game, love killzone 3 and plying online is the way forward, love it :) great graphics and story is great also. Botzone is great to help you get used to the game and not have 1000 deaths in a real online multiplayer game lol:p

Glad i purchased it, and shocked at some negative ratings
  42. Oct 28, 2012
    I've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like hisI've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like his predecessor) although i liked the the portrayal of the Helghan superiors (resemblance of known last century dictators). Expand
  43. Oct 28, 2012
    Killzone 3 is more of the same stuff we saw in Killzone 2 except the controls aren't as bad and the environments aren't as dark. It's all snowy this time (!) The game looks and sounds great. The majority of the weapons are the same, but the story feels more fleshed out. I really enjoyed watching Stahl (Malcolm McDowell)'s machinations, however the game peaks early and doesn't concludeKillzone 3 is more of the same stuff we saw in Killzone 2 except the controls aren't as bad and the environments aren't as dark. It's all snowy this time (!) The game looks and sounds great. The majority of the weapons are the same, but the story feels more fleshed out. I really enjoyed watching Stahl (Malcolm McDowell)'s machinations, however the game peaks early and doesn't conclude anything, in fact the entire game is one big stop-gap cliffhanger that just ends abruptly as though development ran out of time, something rather endemic of shooters lately. Expand
  44. Oct 27, 2012
    A good game with fantastic multiplayer. The game sometimes feels sluggish but the technical side is great and the shooting feels satisfying but is let down by lazy menu design, short campaign and lackluster story. Overall 7.3/10 Good
  45. Oct 26, 2012
    To be perfectly fair, I'm new to the whole Killzone series. I've heard all the usual hype about it, and was finally intrigued after seeing some gameplay commentary via YouTube. "Why not?" I asked, and dove right in.

The consensus is one of underwhelming. I didn't play with the fancy-pants features like PlayStation Move nor 3D blubbery, not that I'd ever want to - I doubt either feature would give me any sort of "enhanced gaming experience," as advertised, because when it comes down to it, the core gameplay and plot of the game should be the bit delivering an "enhanced gaming experience," not gimmicks. Killzone 3 drops you in the middle of an ongoing conflict between the ISA and brutal Helghast regime. And it begins with a direct defiance of orders within the military ranks. Your hotheaded buddy-pal gets the bright idea to cap some high ranking Helghast official, and while this is apparently a very serious action to have taken - a very bad action, at that - he gets little more than a stern talking to and an angry finger wagged in his face.

This direct defiance of orders seems to be some sort of theme between the main duo involved in Killzone 3, leading to the worst organized military endeavour in the history of organized military. Your characters seem to do everything within their power to disobey their superiors, wandering around and causing unnecessary damage and risking the lives of tonnes of other soldiers. Granted, your characters are trying to do good - but after constantly spending the game neglecting their leaders, you'd wonder how they manage to get anything done. The plot carries out in a very fast paced manner, and while you don't need to be invested in the series to understand the goings-on, you might be left behind if you don't pay attention at least when the people talk. Fortunately, the plot is as thick as it needs to be, and this "without-crust" tale of gritty space-war adventures isn't too deep. The graphics are simply stunning, that is to be true. Everything is so vivid and powerful. Even though half of the game is spent in blown out city-centres of the Helghast stronghold, there is a strong sense of immersion. The blizzard levels in particular make you feel wrapped up in a snowstorm, making the firefights ever more intense. Sound is also of high quality, but these days - especially for games such as this, with enormously large budgets - that's no flashy feat. In the end, however, Killzone 3 isn't much to boast about. It's pretty, and the story is enough to perk an ear or two. But unless you're a huge fan of the Killzone series, you're not missing out on much. In the end, it's another tail of über-patriotic democracy-loving space marines trying to stomp out the threats of totalitarian dictatorships. Nothing you haven't seen before in dozens of other FPS games.
  46. Oct 24, 2012
    It's a step up from Killzone 2, but let's be honest. This game still doesn't bring anything new that we haven't seen before. Everything about this trilogy is generic just like CoD. CoD sucks and this is better but s'mon people this game doesn't deserve a 9 or a 10, it's the same crap we have been seeing for 10 years. Graphics are good like Killzone 2,but even though they are good itIt's a step up from Killzone 2, but let's be honest. This game still doesn't bring anything new that we haven't seen before. Everything about this trilogy is generic just like CoD. CoD sucks and this is better but s'mon people this game doesn't deserve a 9 or a 10, it's the same crap we have been seeing for 10 years. Graphics are good like Killzone 2,but even though they are good it doesn't mean that it's nice to look at. They use the same colors over and over,however Killzone 2 was worse for that. This game is generic but there is still fun to be had :) Expand
  47. Oct 8, 2012
    This is a perfect example of how to make an awesome FPS, the gameplay was epic, the sounds in game are amazing and the graphics are top of it's class and even tho it lacks a tiny bit in the reasoning of the stories main plot elements it makes up for this by being just so much fun. And when you add a second player it becomes insanely better as everything does when you're playing with aThis is a perfect example of how to make an awesome FPS, the gameplay was epic, the sounds in game are amazing and the graphics are top of it's class and even tho it lacks a tiny bit in the reasoning of the stories main plot elements it makes up for this by being just so much fun. And when you add a second player it becomes insanely better as everything does when you're playing with a friend. The online play to is hugely addictive and it involves a lot more teamwork then your normal FPS. Personally i think Call of Duty should learn something from this franchise. Expand
  48. Oct 7, 2012
    Playing Killzone 3 is a blast. Rarely has a shooter campaign was so varied and diverse. It's beastly fun to shoot because of the short single player campaign, and the multiplayer is really great.
  49. Oct 1, 2012
    This is the most bland FPS on rails that I have ever seen. It's not bad, just "meh". The graphics make it look alright (not the best graphics) but everything blends in with its surrondings. You need your enemy to have glowing red eyes just to find them. Using your weapons is kind of tricky because they float on you while your trying to aim. What's bad is that cover is useless most of theThis is the most bland FPS on rails that I have ever seen. It's not bad, just "meh". The graphics make it look alright (not the best graphics) but everything blends in with its surrondings. You need your enemy to have glowing red eyes just to find them. Using your weapons is kind of tricky because they float on you while your trying to aim. What's bad is that cover is useless most of the time. The VO is subpar. No real story because as soon as you're taught to shot your weapon, you begin the story of shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. Even the enemy were boring and uninspired. The enemy were not originally created but just made into a futuristic Nazi/Soviet hybrid. Three hours worth of game time and i haven't picked the game up in almost three weeks. They're much better FPS out there to entertain you with than this one. Expand
  50. Sep 10, 2012
    I have finished killzone 2, and Killzone 3 disappointed me. The game feels like it is half done. Some of the cutscenes are not connecting. The game feels a little too short. I really like Killzone 2, but Killzone 3 just gave me a very normal experience, nothing is good. I would prefer Killzone 2 over Killzone 3, anytime. They did fix the laggy problem in Killzone 3 though.
  51. Aug 25, 2012
    Killzone 3 was one of the best FPS of 2011, the PS3 and generation, the producer managed to bring a better game than the acclaimed Killzone 2.The story is compelling, however, has "holes", but still interesting, the single-player campaign is epic that managed to be better than games like Resistance 3 and MW3, the graphics are nearly perfect, however, I met with two or three drops frameKillzone 3 was one of the best FPS of 2011, the PS3 and generation, the producer managed to bring a better game than the acclaimed Killzone 2.The story is compelling, however, has "holes", but still interesting, the single-player campaign is epic that managed to be better than games like Resistance 3 and MW3, the graphics are nearly perfect, however, I met with two or three drops frame during the campaing.Sounds of waepons,explosions and the soundtrack are awesome, excellent gameplay and an addictive and original multiplayer makes Killzone 3 one of the bests of the generation. Expand
  52. Aug 19, 2012
    My copy freezes up, reliably, about 2/3 of the way through the single player campaign, with no scratches evident. Sadly, a quick Internet search reveals that freezes are a very common problem, in the campaign and online multiplayer.

Why is it that most (or all) Blu-ray ps3 games don't let me (optionally) write game data to my hard drive? Still require the disc to be inserted to play (of course), but then I get faster load times; I find out at install if there's data corruption (instead of finding out after my return period is over); my ps3 runs quieter and cooler. Sony, I would really appreciate this feature.

Decent game, but my score is prorated to the fraction of it that I can actually play.
  53. Aug 17, 2012
    Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно.Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Годно. Expand
  54. Jul 31, 2012
    I don't think the PlayStation 3 has ever had quite such a rounded, satisfactory package as this, with this level of polish, refinement and pure, simple, unpretentious action. This really good firstperson shooter game. Online game, gameplay, visuals and graphics are amazing. But the story aint so good.
  55. Jul 11, 2012
    If you haven't played killzone 2, you will find the story boring. if you did play then you will find it interesting. Playing the campaign is fun, better than most of the games. Online multiplayer is stunning in every aspect. Graphics are PERFECT. The enviroment is well-detailed. FPS fans, this is a must-have. If you really dont care about the campaign, then go buy the multiplayer-onlyIf you haven't played killzone 2, you will find the story boring. if you did play then you will find it interesting. Playing the campaign is fun, better than most of the games. Online multiplayer is stunning in every aspect. Graphics are PERFECT. The enviroment is well-detailed. FPS fans, this is a must-have. If you really dont care about the campaign, then go buy the multiplayer-only version from the PS Store for 20$. And believe me, its worth the money. In my opinion its better than black ops, MW3 and BF3. Expand
  56. Jun 25, 2012
    I wish it were a longer campaign, because this was a thrill ride from start to finish, the guns just feel great to shoot.. oh, and don't let the back of the box fool you, it IS co-op campaign offline.
  57. Jun 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never even having heard of the series, I bought Killzone 2 and 3 after getting my PS3 and I must say I had a blast. I played them in chronological order, but I will review 3 here. When compared to its predecessor, Killzone 3 improves upon several aspects, most notably (to me) the controls: They seem much smoother and thus provide a more immersive battle feeling. The sound effects and voices are great for the most part; dialog is a little cheesy, but it's not overdone. The game continues the visual style of the series, artfully combining SciFi and World War 1 elements (trench warfare anyone?) into a nifty package. The enemy Helghast are reasonably evil and pretty OK AI-wise (although I found myself wondering how they could not spot me cowering in the knee-high vegetation that's right in front of them). Killzone 3's single player campaign is enjoyable and incorporates different surroundings and game mechanics, all of them implemented nicely. While not being much of an online gamer, I enjoyed a lot of good online matches, really liked the different modes they built (especially "Operations"). But to me, the best thing about the game is the couch co op support: You can play the entire campaign with a friend at your place and it's a lot of fun. The developers made it even better in the latest patch by giving people with 3d screens the ability to 2d co op fullscreen (both players see their own 2d fullscreen first person view on the same TV). I am rating the game 10/10 because it really felt to me like it is exactly what the PS3 was designed for: Great visuals, great controls, a not very deep but cool story that is presented as a cinematic experience, great co op and very good online multiplayer. Expand
  58. Jun 6, 2012
    I just don't understand this game at all, it's pretty, but the campaign is just a rails shooter with... a horrendous storyline. All of the action seems to happen during the cutscenes. Online multiplayer was boring to me, close quarters shooting... maybe I missed something. The graphics are nice enough.
  59. May 29, 2012
    Killzone is a mighty game, literally squeezing the last juice of Playstation 3 console Although the campaign is not overly long, it provides a real fun. The single-player mode can manage various types of vehicles, mechami and use the best weapon to defeat the enemy number one, bezlistosnych Helghast. The strength of production is the multiplayer mode, which takes on the division of the ISAKillzone is a mighty game, literally squeezing the last juice of Playstation 3 console Although the campaign is not overly long, it provides a real fun. The single-player mode can manage various types of vehicles, mechami and use the best weapon to defeat the enemy number one, bezlistosnych Helghast. The strength of production is the multiplayer mode, which takes on the division of the ISA or Helghast. A large number of maps, modes, weapons, and the possibility of selecting a class, should satisfy any geek FPP game. Expand
  60. May 18, 2012
    This is one of the best FPS games out there. I gave it a 10 because of the amazing graphics, animations, music and sound effect. I never had problems with any glitches I kept hearing about, so I recommend this game to anybody that's interested in FPS games.
  61. Apr 9, 2012
    Killzone 3 is the best-looking console game, full stop.
    The graphics are simply fantastic, and the gameplay is fun too.
    The campaign may not be very long, but is incredibly fun and action-packed.
    A must play.
  62. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall an improvement from Killzone 2, however someone might want to tell Guerrilla Games how narrative works.The whole beginning part is like a flash forward, but when you get the that part of the game you, the player, do something entirely different and get the same result. So, what, the whole intro part was not canon or what? Anyways, this game is pretty good, it fixed most of the problems Killzone 2 had in terms of gameplay and mixed up the environments a good deal. My other complaint with this game is that you never really get to fight the two big baddies the story centers around. And the last level, while maybe being fun with PlaystationMove, was pretty unspectacular with a controller. Expand
  63. Mar 28, 2012
    One of the best fps of 2011. Sadly the story was terrible. Either then that, It was great. Also couldn't get over the awesome graphics.................
  64. Mar 24, 2012
    Killzone 3 a bit disappointing, all said that it is much better plot than in the previous section, but I do not think so. The third part is definitely stronger than the second part, but weaker in terms of plot in my opinion. Gameplay, graphics, higher at times. My score 8 points
  65. Mar 19, 2012
    This is futuristic First Person Shooter game which is exclusive to the Playstation 3 gaming console. It strongest part is the online component of the game. The most played mode (i assume) it is called warzone. In this mode you are part of a 12 player team against another 12 player team, and the battle consist of several objectives, like assassination (you have to kill a specific personThis is futuristic First Person Shooter game which is exclusive to the Playstation 3 gaming console. It strongest part is the online component of the game. The most played mode (i assume) it is called warzone. In this mode you are part of a 12 player team against another 12 player team, and the battle consist of several objectives, like assassination (you have to kill a specific person in the other team, or defend it if he or she is on your team) or "search and destroy" in which you have to set bombs (or defend) on specific sites of the enemy terrain, in total there are 5 mission objectives.

The negative part about multiplayer is map rotation. The problem is that if you have buy extra maps you can get stock playing on those maps for hours ( i don't know if the game developers already fix it). Also the team size have been reduced from 16 players (in Killzone 2) to 12 in Killzone 3. The frame rate is a little bit slow (maybe 24-30 frames per second). Other significant loss from Killzone 2 is that now there are not specific game rooms (like dedicated servers). The campaign is not that great, the story is a little bit to generic and weak, but it has great moments. In the graphic department, this game is one of the best looking PS3 games available, and for now (i wrote this on march 19 2012) there are still a lot of people playing online.
  66. Mar 19, 2012
    The best game of the Killzone franchise in the overall. The Single Player campaign in Killzone 2 is better for two reasons: Longer and Harder (I remember I spent almost a week to defeat Radec). The Multiplayer is A-W-S-O-M-E ! ! The skills development system is very interesting. The controls got very improved since Killzone 2. The only really bad thing is there are not so many maps forThe best game of the Killzone franchise in the overall. The Single Player campaign in Killzone 2 is better for two reasons: Longer and Harder (I remember I spent almost a week to defeat Radec). The Multiplayer is A-W-S-O-M-E ! ! The skills development system is very interesting. The controls got very improved since Killzone 2. The only really bad thing is there are not so many maps for Multiplayer. Expand
  67. Mar 18, 2012
    Wanting something to fill the void left by COD (RIP). I decided to download the free trial of Kill Zone3 after reading many good reviews. Maybe my expectations were too high but it just seemed like a regular, run of the mill fps. Graphics were nothing special (it felt like i was playing a video game unlike when i first played cod4 which felt like i was actually in a battlefield), the gunsWanting something to fill the void left by COD (RIP). I decided to download the free trial of Kill Zone3 after reading many good reviews. Maybe my expectations were too high but it just seemed like a regular, run of the mill fps. Graphics were nothing special (it felt like i was playing a video game unlike when i first played cod4 which felt like i was actually in a battlefield), the guns and kill animations all felt like every other fps out there. I'm getting tired of the same old generic games. I want to be blown away by something. I want innovation. I want ultra realism with holy sh*t gun fire, explosions and kill animations that put a grin on my face. I want truly amazing graphics. I just think the whole gaming industry is stuck in a rut, just going through the motions with minimal effort because the dollars will come regardless. The discouraging thing is that from the board room this is considered a success. Expand
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  69. Mar 5, 2012
    This is the best looking FPS game and singleplayer FPS experience this generation has to offer. People who claim Halo is a better game, probably haven't even played Killzone 3 and only believe it's better because of the mass marketing for that title.
  70. Feb 29, 2012
    Let me just say first:I LOVED Killzone 3. It was my favorite shooter on the PS3. But now its F2P. FREE. A GAME I SPENT 80$ ON IS NOW FREE. This is the reason I now hate TF2. Good job Gorrila, this is the last game I will buy from you unless I get a written promise that says KZ4 will never go F2P
  71. Feb 27, 2012
    A fine addition to the FPS franchise, MP is extremely solid and balanced but not much variety in terms of unlocking however can't say the same with Campaign it's even worst than KZ2's
  72. Feb 26, 2012
    Killzone 3 has great graphics and intense, visceral game play. However, the story has always been a little blan and even boring. It feels like a futuristic version of world war 2 shooter. You're pretty much a soldier from Vetka fighting on behalf of the ISA after post First Extrasolar war tensions exploded into all out war (as in Killzone 1). What bothered me was that Sevchenko or "Sev"Killzone 3 has great graphics and intense, visceral game play. However, the story has always been a little blan and even boring. It feels like a futuristic version of world war 2 shooter. You're pretty much a soldier from Vetka fighting on behalf of the ISA after post First Extrasolar war tensions exploded into all out war (as in Killzone 1). What bothered me was that Sevchenko or "Sev" replaces the main character from Killzone 1 who then dies in this game, his death having no real effect on me. That was disappointing. Killzone 3 pretty much wraps up Killzone 2's story, just not as in a boring way. The different environments are great, and the introduction of new enemies was refreshing. Though the game feels a bit hollow, and even contradicting and then later far fetched. The game feels different without the common goal of a valiant defense or taking down Visari. It feels like an unnecessary expansion, and it seemed like an average game with a not too great ending for the series. The cutscenes are marvelous crafted, and the game is the most realistic war game out there. Overall, this game is a great first time play through, and that's it. Online multiplayer is "eh". The game is no more than a collector's item to be shelved for long time fans of the series. Overall: great graphics, great sound, great gameplay, but not very appealing to new fans or for mutliple replays. The story just seems very bare. The ending cutscene was so...just dumb, that it frustrated me. Personally, Killzone needs to end here at the third installment. The game is just simply overrated. Expand
  73. Feb 20, 2012
    If you are tired of traditional shooters then this is the perfect game. Set with an original gameplay gives a little bit of tactical combat that differentiate to the other fast-paced shooters at the moment. The campaign has a nice set of set-pieces presented in cutscenes instead of real time events ( that many shooters uses this days ). Graphics are stellar, stunning and impressive , butIf you are tired of traditional shooters then this is the perfect game. Set with an original gameplay gives a little bit of tactical combat that differentiate to the other fast-paced shooters at the moment. The campaign has a nice set of set-pieces presented in cutscenes instead of real time events ( that many shooters uses this days ). Graphics are stellar, stunning and impressive , but the facial details are a little ugly or just not in par with other games that has better facial graphics . Some animations problems get in the way when you see your AI partner stabbing or doing close combat sequences , also little glitches get in the way along with that but its part of it. Multiplayer is the big grand daddy of the Playstation exclusives, heck ! Even better than non-exclusives FPS nowadays. So go ahead and play this . Expand
  74. Feb 20, 2012
    WHY THE **** are xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend thisWHY THE **** are xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with PS3! Expand
  75. Feb 20, 2012
    LMFAO @ xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game toLMFAO @ xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with PS3! Expand
  76. Feb 15, 2012
    Its a really fun game the campaign is fun and the muliplayer is fun but my only problem is most of the weapons do the same thing i like diversity in my weapons you also die really fast in this game so if you like cod pick this up but i like having a challenge and shooting my target for a prolonged periods of time with games like resistance halo and gears of war so this is a little bitIts a really fun game the campaign is fun and the muliplayer is fun but my only problem is most of the weapons do the same thing i like diversity in my weapons you also die really fast in this game so if you like cod pick this up but i like having a challenge and shooting my target for a prolonged periods of time with games like resistance halo and gears of war so this is a little bit lacking for me Expand
  77. Feb 11, 2012
    Killzone 3 is easily the PS3's best console-exclusive shooter by a long shot. Combat is very raw and visceral, something that too many shooters are missing (albeit it can be a tad clunky at times). I haven't played a lot of multiplayer games on PS3 but out of them, this would be the best (don't particularly care for COD). Good variety of maps and a nice variant on the use of perks etc.Killzone 3 is easily the PS3's best console-exclusive shooter by a long shot. Combat is very raw and visceral, something that too many shooters are missing (albeit it can be a tad clunky at times). I haven't played a lot of multiplayer games on PS3 but out of them, this would be the best (don't particularly care for COD). Good variety of maps and a nice variant on the use of perks etc. Killzone 3 is definitely worth buying for its multiplayer. The single player campaign is also very enjoyable, taking the player through a variety of different locales (something sorely missing in K2), however the actual story and the characters are all quite forgettable. The friendly AI could also do with a bit of tweaking as sometimes they like to get in your way, forget to follow or just make a nuisance of themselves. It just doesn't have the same level of immersion as, dare I say it, Halo. Although it's definitely the PS3's best shooter, I wouldn't go as far to say it's a reason to buy a PS3, but definitely worth considering if you already own a PS3. All in all a very solid shooter but unfortunately it doesn't quite measure up to some of the Xbox exclusives such as Halo or Gears of War. Expand
  78. Feb 10, 2012
    ill make it short , if you haven't played Killzone yet , than your not a FPS gamer yet . Killzone 3 is the reason why i have a ps3 and ill be this game over and over again . this game has a violent and raw soul
  79. Jan 16, 2012
    Killzone 3 is a great game and one of the many reasons to own a ps3. I am not the biggest fps fan I feel that most of the games feel the same like every call of duty game and they get old pretty fast with that said. Killzone 3 is a great experience period. The game feels good and easy to pick up for anyone who like fps's. The graphics maybe the best I have ever seen on a gaming consoleKillzone 3 is a great game and one of the many reasons to own a ps3. I am not the biggest fps fan I feel that most of the games feel the same like every call of duty game and they get old pretty fast with that said. Killzone 3 is a great experience period. The game feels good and easy to pick up for anyone who like fps's. The graphics maybe the best I have ever seen on a gaming console this generation and the story line is engaging, Add to that the multiplayer to the already awsome single player game and you have a game well worth your money. Expand
  80. Jan 15, 2012
    Killzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and theKillzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and the soundtrack is great, and the guns and explosions sound awesome, and voice acting has improved but it's still not the best, the story is more interesting and the characters are a little bit more likable, but they are also still not that great, what is great is the amazing gameplay, the campaign is outstanding with intense firefights and awesome set pieces, and it has more variety this go around, from adrenaline inducing vehicle sections, tense stealth sections, and one of, if not the best jet pack section ever, and it also seems longer than most other shooters out there, it also has Playstation Move functionality but I wasn't able to test it out, and the multiplayer is phenomenal, and some of the most unique I've ever played, and requires more teamwork then most other shooters out there, and features a deep RPG like progression system in which you gain experience for everything you do, and when you level up you gain points to spend so you can unlock abilities in the very unique classes, it's fun and addicting, and with a fantastic campaign, cool features, and deep addicting multiplayer, this game can keep you entertained for hundreds of hours, and this is a must own for PS3 owners, and I'll even go as far as to say if you don't have a PS3 then this is the perfect reason to own one, a near perfect shooter that I highly recommend to any and all gamers, a must play. Expand
  81. Jan 12, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 because it takes the FPS and makes it absolutely beautiful and unique at the same time. This game has THE BEST graphics I've ever seen in a video game (I haven't played uncharted 3 yet). I love the set up of this game and I think the maps are incredible. BUY IT!
  82. Jan 10, 2012
    I'm going to get right to the point. If you enjoyed Killzone 2 and appreciated a shooter that thought "outside the box" well you'll be VERY disappointed with kz 3. Kz 3 on it's own is a decent game but I could never get over why some of the great features where removed. Things like not being able to play ALL game modes on all the maps, custom games server browsing, in game squadI'm going to get right to the point. If you enjoyed Killzone 2 and appreciated a shooter that thought "outside the box" well you'll be VERY disappointed with kz 3. Kz 3 on it's own is a decent game but I could never get over why some of the great features where removed. Things like not being able to play ALL game modes on all the maps, custom games server browsing, in game squad feature, spawn on squad leader, spawn camera, spectator mode, decent stat tracking, run stamina, prox chat, recoil/gun play, clan support, faction balancing, 32 player, and spawn nades. I mean really, this is a sequel?

Anyway..kz 3 is decent shooter but it's on my biggest disappointment of 2011 list.
  83. Jan 9, 2012
    Online multiplayer is really fun. The only problem is that their is only 3 modes. It's fantastic to play around with the different classes. Single player is creative enough with action and memorable moments everywhere.
  84. Dec 28, 2011
    Number 1 FPS on PlayStation 3 for best price. Campaign is ok but multiplayer is epic great. Graphic in this game is awesome - best Anti Alliasing by MLAA. I didn't see game with that AA for that old gameunit.
    Killzone 2 vs Killzone 3 for me winner is KZ3. I give score 9, because on multiplayer everytime we got droppy a framerate.
  85. Nov 28, 2011
    Killzone 3 is the only game I think I've ever played where it felt like an actual war zone during online combat. (Played every Halo, Gears game, and Call of Duty games. And Killzone 1 & 2) This game has aspects improved upon making it more team based and knowing to help out your teammates with the skills you have and the class you've chosen. The campaign is also a blast! Definitely a mustKillzone 3 is the only game I think I've ever played where it felt like an actual war zone during online combat. (Played every Halo, Gears game, and Call of Duty games. And Killzone 1 & 2) This game has aspects improved upon making it more team based and knowing to help out your teammates with the skills you have and the class you've chosen. The campaign is also a blast! Definitely a must buy for PS3 owners. (As for Killzone 2 as well). Expand
  86. Nov 22, 2011
    The graphic is the best looking game ever and the level design also would be helpful and music like "And if we ever fight on" is excellent and brutal execution was great and using a jet that fly around and shoot some higs improve the gameplay and the atmosphere was a great idea but a story wasn't that great but good and singleplayer experience was great and multiplayer was fun and greatThe graphic is the best looking game ever and the level design also would be helpful and music like "And if we ever fight on" is excellent and brutal execution was great and using a jet that fly around and shoot some higs improve the gameplay and the atmosphere was a great idea but a story wasn't that great but good and singleplayer experience was great and multiplayer was fun and great and it would kept you smile and the best thing is that the 3D would make it more fantastic than ever. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is altogether great. Although the singleplayer campaign is an overall disappointment, the shooting mechanics, coupled with jaw-dropping graphics create an unrivaled shooting experience. On top of this, Killzone 3 offers a rewarding multiplayer experience, with very fun class-based warfare that will keep you hooked.
  88. Nov 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 is a great gaming experience,for every ps3 user out there...after many months i decided to review this release,that i've enjoyed so much.it has a great,intense single player campaign mode with great moments.the graphics,physics,animations are all top class and some moments are unforgettable,like the battle in the helgan forest.the multiplayer mode is also a great experience,withKillzone 3 is a great gaming experience,for every ps3 user out there...after many months i decided to review this release,that i've enjoyed so much.it has a great,intense single player campaign mode with great moments.the graphics,physics,animations are all top class and some moments are unforgettable,like the battle in the helgan forest.the multiplayer mode is also a great experience,with many modes.my favorite is always the team deathmatch.i like killzone 3 multiplayer because its more realistic,a little bit slower,but much more intensive than the other well known fps shooters.every fan of ps3 must have this game,because is one of the top releases in our beloved system.try this game even now,all those who didn't have the chance until now. Expand
  89. Nov 17, 2011
    Mind-blowing graphics, Amazing gameplay, superp story. One of the best online multiplayers out there.
    What else can I say?
    BUY IT! I need to say more so...Stop being fanboys you pather people rating below a 7. Just grow up you pathetic jelous people. Best games ever: Uncharted 3 Killzone 3 Gran Turismo 5 Infamous 2 Little Big Planet 2 Heavy Rain... So I don't see how people
    What else can I say?
    BUY IT!

I need to say more so...Stop being fanboys you pather people rating below a 7.
    Just grow up you pathetic jelous people.
    Best games ever: Uncharted 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Infamous 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    Heavy Rain...
    So I don't see how people can be so pathetic.
    Rant over, Teraah!
  90. Nov 15, 2011
    Terribly boring game that I just couldn't get into. Waves and waves of basically the same soldiers with red eyes come after you and it's just point and shoot. Ho-hum. Nothing creative about this one. Feels rushed. I just don't understand all the graphics lovers here. I just wasn't that impressed. Would really be upset if I paid $65 for it. Got it for $20 and am ready to sell itTerribly boring game that I just couldn't get into. Waves and waves of basically the same soldiers with red eyes come after you and it's just point and shoot. Ho-hum. Nothing creative about this one. Feels rushed. I just don't understand all the graphics lovers here. I just wasn't that impressed. Would really be upset if I paid $65 for it. Got it for $20 and am ready to sell it after playing it a few days. Expand
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    I know that the things people usually hear about this game are similar to Crysis in that most of them just talk about the great graphics, so I am sorry but they are so well done I truly can't review the game without mentioning them, and I might as well get it out of the way first. I own a 360 elite, a pc, and my loved ps3 and own many games on each but this is simply the best looking fpsI know that the things people usually hear about this game are similar to Crysis in that most of them just talk about the great graphics, so I am sorry but they are so well done I truly can't review the game without mentioning them, and I might as well get it out of the way first. I own a 360 elite, a pc, and my loved ps3 and own many games on each but this is simply the best looking fps game currently in the market. I'm including the Battlefield games, Crysis, and Halo series. Well, it may be equal to uncharted 3 and god of war 3 in terms of visuals, but it is certainly the best-looking fps ever made. Killzone 2 set a bar for gaming visuals, and this game continues that path. The particle effects that slowly glide when you've tossed a grenade at snow or the amount of debris that flies off a wall when hit by a rocket are second only to the recent battlefield games. The cell shading on walls and buildings is the greatest use of current generation technology yet. The rendering of characters, environments, and vehicles in HD are the greatest in the industry. I remember simply gazing at the textures in levels in Killzone 2 and in Killzone 3 I am guilty of simply wasting entire minutes standing in a hallway and looking at the walls and room decor. The detail on the guns is simply glamorous and the Killzone 3 does all this without EVER dropping below 30 fps and not a BIT of screen tear. The game truly deserved more hype. Even for those out there who aren't fans of shooters I recommend at least that they borrow from a friend or rent just to see what the capabilities of today's HD technology and the blu-ray disc can do. The weighty feeling in Killzone 2 has slightly returned but the controls feel much better yet leaving enough of that realistic weight around to make some of the best controls of an fps on the market. The default setting is good but I like the alternate button mapping better just because I like having L1 as the aim button. The A.I. enemies and friends are top-notch and do a good job of posing a challenge or helping you. They take cover, flank, are accurate, and even bound from cover-to-cover in some of the more open settings. The campaign is one of the best I have ever played in a shooter and though the co-op is limited it still deserves a playthrough with a friend. The multiplayer truly shines and the dedicated servers from KZ 2 come back to deliver one of the best online experiences today. The game's cover system is perfect and the brutal melees from the first killzone return in the most satisfying way, as does the 3-weapon system. I did not have the move peripheral to play but my friends tell me it plays great and they recommend it. 3D is supported too and I hear it is a great experience as well. In all, this game doesn't truly do anything new for the fps franchise besides one thing: it perfects it. It takes all our favorite things from shooters (besides a great co-op) and happily gives it to us. I'd give it a 9.5 but this site won't let me so a 9 will do. A 10 is given to trend-setters, in my belief. Expand
  92. Nov 9, 2011
    Picking up after Killzone 2 was always going to be a difficult task, though Guerrilla Games have managed to pull it off admirably, even if we are subjected to a needlessly long tutorial sequence. The real focus this time around is following on the story from the events of the previous game and while it does a good job of moving things along, it also takes a lot of lazy approaches toPicking up after Killzone 2 was always going to be a difficult task, though Guerrilla Games have managed to pull it off admirably, even if we are subjected to a needlessly long tutorial sequence. The real focus this time around is following on the story from the events of the previous game and while it does a good job of moving things along, it also takes a lot of lazy approaches to certain elements. Gameplay wise it is more of the same with some incredible set pieces thrown in, one in particular has you and your allies taking on a giant destructive robot as it destroys literally everything around you.

By no means a perfect game nor really a perfect sequel, but really only more of the same. Regardless of it still being a solid package, it's a shame they weren't able to add some more innovations to the formula.
  93. Oct 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is truly a great PS3-only game. The campaign tells a compelling story, but the Helghast seem to have a much more just cause. A campaign with a both ISA and Helghast sides of the conflict would have been nice, but the place where Killzone really stands out is in multiplayer. It is class based, with each class having a distinct playing style on the batlefield. Jetpacks, MortarKillzone 3 is truly a great PS3-only game. The campaign tells a compelling story, but the Helghast seem to have a much more just cause. A campaign with a both ISA and Helghast sides of the conflict would have been nice, but the place where Killzone really stands out is in multiplayer. It is class based, with each class having a distinct playing style on the batlefield. Jetpacks, Mortar Beacons, and Invisibility cloaks make multiplayer a unique and incomparably fun experience. Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2011
    You know I love this franchise. Even loved it on m PSP....this one though felt kinda reptetive. KZ2 was awesome and epic feeling. This game has alot of that same feeling, but really doesnt feel new at all.IT does look great like all the KZ games and it has a kind of Saving private ryan in the future thing going on... I dont know though. It just didnt excite me the way KZ2 did. Still aYou know I love this franchise. Even loved it on m PSP....this one though felt kinda reptetive. KZ2 was awesome and epic feeling. This game has alot of that same feeling, but really doesnt feel new at all.IT does look great like all the KZ games and it has a kind of Saving private ryan in the future thing going on... I dont know though. It just didnt excite me the way KZ2 did. Still a good game though.... worht picking up used if you can and if you liked the other games in the trilogy. Expand
  95. Oct 19, 2011
    I'll put this out there right now. Killzone 3 could very well be the most underrated game of this generation. Sure, it had a lame story, but come on, if you care that much about story, then by all means go and read a book. Killzone 3 excels in every other way and delivers a complete and nearly flawless package. The game's graphics and physics are unrivaled on the console scene. It'sI'll put this out there right now. Killzone 3 could very well be the most underrated game of this generation. Sure, it had a lame story, but come on, if you care that much about story, then by all means go and read a book. Killzone 3 excels in every other way and delivers a complete and nearly flawless package. The game's graphics and physics are unrivaled on the console scene. It's shocking that a game this technologically intensive doesn't require an install. Guerilla is making the PS3 sweat with the advanced particle rendering engine and intense lighting effects. The campaign is a lot of fun, and the splitscreen coop mode will give you a reason to play it again with a pal. My only real gripe with the campaign is the weak cutscenes, but that's not really a problem; after all, we're playing a GAME, don't forget. The online multiplayer is great, with plenty of content to start and map packs going for $5 each (or $10 for the bundle - good deal). There are three main game modes, but they're pretty basic, nothing you haven't seen before. Where Killzone 3 really shows its strength is with the class play. Few games allow snipers to go invisible or medics to revive themselves - but you have to work for and properly use such abilities. The balancing is pretty good, and the fast paced sporty feel makes this game the go-to for online fps fans. All in all, I have to say that I fully recommend this game, it's so far my personal game of the year. Ignore what people say about the weak story - yes, it's a disappointing filler-filled ride, but I'd never turn down an opportunity to ram a knife through a helghast skull just because the cutscenes are lame. Expand
  96. Sep 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is definitely one of the best fps games on the PS3. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is awesome and the music is top notch. The single player cleverly loads segments during cutscenes for a seamless experience, and manages to mix things up a bit. There is traditional infantry combat, exoskeletons, jetpacks, space ships which range from frozen tundras to strange greenKillzone 3 is definitely one of the best fps games on the PS3. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is awesome and the music is top notch. The single player cleverly loads segments during cutscenes for a seamless experience, and manages to mix things up a bit. There is traditional infantry combat, exoskeletons, jetpacks, space ships which range from frozen tundras to strange green forests. The sluggish controls of killzone 2 have been changed to be more responsive as well, and this works great.

The multiplayer is superb, with multiple game types. The jetpacks and exos are even usable on some maps! It's sure to have you playing for months.

Overally Killzone 3 is a great game which improves on its predecessor. Highly recommended.
  97. Sep 30, 2011
    bezdushnoe viabushoe kinco za 2300. ne rekomendyu. ne mogli sdelat' vse kak v crysise. drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface.
  98. Sep 27, 2011
    Campaign is great. You cant stop playing. Its immersive like hell. Awesome game, short though.

Connecting to multiplayer is slow initially, but when your ps3 is connected to the server, online play is working properly. New: Get into a mech-suit or fly with a jet pack. Controls feels a lot more responsive than Killzone 2. There are many new DLC maps to download too.

Good game!
  99. Sep 20, 2011
    KZ3 is a worthy successor to KZ2. The single player campaign is somewhat short but it is solid. Online game play is a definite improvement over KZ2. Introduction of ecto skeleton and jet packs makes the online game play more fun. It was good decision on Gorilla games to introduce fixed re spawn points on the maps. This decision makes the game play more balanced compared to KZ2. Good game overall.
  100. Sep 16, 2011
    It's still eye-crushing vision of war. It still has good mechanism of shooting and nice multiplayer. But it also didn't brought good story and more various emotions through gameplay.
  101. Feb 23, 2011
    An unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slowsAn unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slows the character down gives a great sense of the physical interaction between you and your gun. The fact that it takes a second after you move the joystick to register movement..does not. Let me put it this way:

If you're carrying a 40lb gun, you're probably not going to be able to jump freely and run and twist like a maniac. However, if you want to turn 45 degrees to face an enemy, you'll be able to that nearly instantly; there is no delay between your brain signaling and your arm moving. In that regard, Killzone 3 still feels sluggish. If you want a weight-y feeling without loss of control, try Crysis 2.

On to visuals and audio.. they're some of the best on the consoles. I was never a fan of the super-intense blurring that they like to apply on to every single object, but the terrain is chock-full of detail and high-res textures. It doesn't quite measure up to the best games on the PC, but it's pretty damn impressive for a console that's 4-5 years old. The audio is loud, booming, and intense. Personally, I'd say Bad Company has got it beat, but that aside there's no competition. I could do without that annoying N64 beep sound every time I kill an enemy, but hey, that's just me.

Storymode.. is depressing. I can't remember the last time an FPS story has really stood out to me. I enjoyed Halo 3, but that's because I enjoyed the first Halo, not because the game itself had a great story. Reach and ODST (in my opinion), were both pretty disappointing. All the recent Call of Duty games are completely forgettable, though Black Ops did at least try to make some sort of plot twist (thought not with a very good conclusion). And so with Killzone 3 you get awfully typical, sometimes ridiculous action storyline that you will forget in a few weeks. Apparently, the campaign story is just there to move you from place to place in today's shooters. So, if we want quality storytelling, look to RPGs.

Multiplayer.. the reason most people buy the game. Well, it's really nothing special. The only things unique are "Botzone" and the game-changing feature Warzone that return from KZ2. I don't understand why you would need to play against Bots on a console that has built-in WiFi with free access to the internet, but it's certainly cool that they added it. Warzone keeps longer game sessions less tedious, but I found they sort of thin out the aspect of teamwork. I feel Battlefield games excel in almost forcing random people into working together to get the job done. In Warzone, every 5 minutes you have a new objective, pretty much convincing you to work at it by yourself in the best way possible. I'm not going to say there's no teamwork, and in fact there's probably more than in most Deathmatch games. Those features aside, everything else is what you expect. Call of Duty-esque gameplay, on some good maps (more variety than KZ2). You can unlock slightly more guns than last time, in a much less linear fashion. But really, the progression can't really measure up to its competitors. Black Ops went full out with their gun-customization and credit system, and even Reach gave a pretty bountiful armory to fill up. Plus, in terms of custom games or any other non-ranked multiplayer, KZ3 falls desperately short. Black Ops has their little betting system, and Reach has Forge-World and unmatched Custom Game editing.

So there you have it. For the record, I own a Playstation 3, an Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I play games based on merit, not based on what company decided to sponsor it. I compared this game to BlOps and Reach several times because those are the main console shooters these days, not because I have any love for those too. I can't stand playing Black Ops are after so many years of MW, and while I enjoy Reach, I do feel it was a disappointment campaign-wise, and I don't think it measures up to the prior games in the series. The FPS market has been a bit dry recently, so I highly recommend waiting for two games: Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3, both for the PC if possible. The gameplay in Crysis 2 will feel familiar to CoD-fans, and the thought of playing Battlefield 2 with next-gen graphics and destruction just makes me feel warm and happy. If you have only a PS3, yes, get Killzone. It's a technical achievement and a decent game, but in substance it's not anywhere near "the best FPS ever".

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.