7.6

1. Sep 18, 2014
    This is a pretty nice RPG with lots of content/quests and a decent size world. Graphics are ok, a little more on the colorful side and in my opinion almost cartoonish. It's definitely not as good as Skyrim when it comes to dialogs, details and atmosphere but i do like the combat and controls, lots of fun and action. If you're looking for an action RPG that can keep you busy (I got about 60This is a pretty nice RPG with lots of content/quests and a decent size world. Graphics are ok, a little more on the colorful side and in my opinion almost cartoonish. It's definitely not as good as Skyrim when it comes to dialogs, details and atmosphere but i do like the combat and controls, lots of fun and action. If you're looking for an action RPG that can keep you busy (I got about 60 hours in and probably only half way through) then give this game a try. Expand
  2. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is the epitome of fun. Cool story, lots of lore, some of the sickest loot you'll ever see & a great combat system. My only gripes are that it's too easy & it has a cap on the amount of items you can stash. Otherwise, this is a MUST play for RPG fans.
  3. May 12, 2014
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the first RPG I play that is uninteresting as what is concerned to the plot. There's a very rich background but no reason for the player to investigate deeper and the technical thing is just correct.
    On the bright side, the game's combat system is easy to pick up and well thought, with multiple variances for every player.
  4. May 5, 2014
    I wish Kingdom's and Elder Scrolls would meet and have a baby.

That being said, Kingdom's is an RPG that has an ok story, average actors (what is with the accents?!) but a really fun fighting system. However, even though the fighting system is fun, the enemies are not challenging. I've played about half of the game and every once in a while try to pick it back up, but just can't
    I wish Kingdom's and Elder Scrolls would meet and have a baby.

I've played about half of the game and every once in a while try to pick it back up, but just can't get into it. Got it for free via PSN plus account. Glad for that.
  5. Apr 29, 2014
    When you pick up and play Kingdoms of Amalur you will think you are playing a casual highly stylized RPG like fable, but what you get is a deep and engaging RPG like that of The Elder Scrolls series. Only with MUCH improved combat over the latter!

It's such a shame that this is one of those games that many people haven't heard of! This is the game that Fable 3 should have been! It's hard not to think of Fable when you play it, but it's much, much deeper than the casual dumbed down nonsense that Fable has become.

The graphics aren't amazing but the colors and art style truly hold up. I prefer colorful stylized graphics over realistic ones in high fantasy games such as this! The combat is worlds above anything else in this genre especially Skyrim and other TES games. The controls are tight, though i wish i could pull the camera back a bit more.

The sound is just where it needs to be and the game is fully voice acted with PLENTY of it to go around. All of the combat sounds and NPC sounds are spot on, when you stand in a tavern it sounds like a tavern and the music is wonderful!

The story isn't anything ground breaking but it services the game just fine and i found it entertaining despite other reviews on it saying otherwise. The gameplay, exploration, and sense of adventure are the main focus here, you make your own story! It has a slight touch of an mmorpg but without taking the focus off of YOU.

I could go on and on about what a gem this game is. It's a shame the devs went out of business because this deserves a sequal and the mmorpg that was nearly finished would have surely been masterful in it's execution! 10/10 EASY!
  6. Apr 18, 2014
    For anyone who loves well-crafted stories, for anyone who enjoys interesting combat, this game is pretty awesome. The developers clearly put a lot of time into creating this world (which is HUGE, possibly larger than Skyrim's), and while it has a very MMOish feel, it definitely beats most.

I wouldn't say I did a speed run of this game, but I still played through it faster than most because of a short PS Plus subscription. And somehow, this game still took me weeks to finish. There are a ridiculous amount of quests to finish, most of them involving intricate characters and stories, and the occasional choices that may determine something important, or something that won't affect you at all.

Unfortunately, this otherwise amazing game loses two points, for two glaringly obvious problems. One, balancing. Yeah, the game definitely isn't balanced. While you can play the game any way you want (warrior, mage, rogue, etc.), you learn early on that there are some skills that just aren't worth your time (I'm looking at you, Blacksmithing). Along with this, there are plenty of abilities that are exploitable late game.

The other issues, are the surprisingly large amount of glitches found on the PS3 version. While not everyone experiences these, problems that could have been easily fixed were not. These problems include (but are not limited to) opening cutscenes for certain cities repeating every time you enter, the mini-map disappearing, and quest items remaining in your inventory after the quest is over, with no way to get rid of them.

TL;DR - This is an excellent game for those who enjoy a well done story, and pretty good combat. It may have balancing issues, and a number of technical problems, but nothing that should prevent you from playing this game and enjoying yourself.
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    Highly underrated, definitely worth the time to play.
    Pros:
    -Well written -Big world -Lots of storied content -Fun RPG progression mechanics (crafting, character builds) Cons: -Simple unimpressive graphics, interesting art, just aged -Early game had boring combat, the story kept me engaged until it was fun but not enough to call it a "Pro:" -I wish it was harder, too easy to go
    Highly underrated, definitely worth the time to play.
    Pros:
    -Well written
    -Big world
    -Lots of storied content
    -Fun RPG progression mechanics (crafting, character builds)
    Cons:
    -Simple unimpressive graphics, interesting art, just aged
    -I wish it was harder, too easy to go god mode, even on the hardest setting
  8. Jan 13, 2014
    The only reason I played this game is because I had it for free on PS Plus few months ago. I have no idea why IGN rated this game 9 making it close to Skyrim.
    If Skyrim was 10 this game shouldn’t go any near to 7. I couldn’t help myself comparing it to skyrim each moment. Even trophies are clone form Skyrim. But the game itself is nothing close to Skyrim gameplay, role-play and visuals. There are fictions in the game exactly the same as those in Skyrim with different names. Main story quests aren’t interesting and boring. The 3rd person style is annoying with additional annoying camera. I hated that I couldn’t jump. Reminded me of LOTR: War in the North game. Same gameplay style which I really hated.
    I can’t give this game more than 6.
  9. Dec 29, 2013
    This game was frankly a surprise. I got it because it was on the IGC for Plus. I was playing another game and decided to play this one as an occasional diversion... and it quickly became the main game I was playing. Amalur doesn't have realistic graphics, most of the voices have the same accent, and as an RPG, it's not very innovative... but despite that, I've found it to be absorbing andThis game was frankly a surprise. I got it because it was on the IGC for Plus. I was playing another game and decided to play this one as an occasional diversion... and it quickly became the main game I was playing. Amalur doesn't have realistic graphics, most of the voices have the same accent, and as an RPG, it's not very innovative... but despite that, I've found it to be absorbing and great fun, more so than a lot of games, even a lot of AAA games. So just kick back and enjoy the ride. Expand
  10. Dec 18, 2013
    I stopped this game after hours off gameplay. The game is very long but it's always the same. It's very very very repetitive and if there's a story to keep you going that helps but the story isn't very interesting. What's worse is that the world isn't interesting, the world never feels engaging, never feels real and never sucks you in. Another disappointment because this was supposed to beI stopped this game after hours off gameplay. The game is very long but it's always the same. It's very very very repetitive and if there's a story to keep you going that helps but the story isn't very interesting. What's worse is that the world isn't interesting, the world never feels engaging, never feels real and never sucks you in. Another disappointment because this was supposed to be a good rpg for a noob like me. Expand
  11. Nov 30, 2013
    Even in a time when we have the likes of Skyrim and the games of Bioware to fill our RPG needs, there are plenty of reasons why this semi open-world RPG is worth your time. From countless hours worth of content to an excellent combat system, this game will keep you entertained with its polished adventures for a very long time. Hopefully this is the start of new RPG series. I know I willEven in a time when we have the likes of Skyrim and the games of Bioware to fill our RPG needs, there are plenty of reasons why this semi open-world RPG is worth your time. From countless hours worth of content to an excellent combat system, this game will keep you entertained with its polished adventures for a very long time. Hopefully this is the start of new RPG series. I know I will support it.

The land of "Amalur" is filled to the brim with enough content to rival even the mighty Skyrim. Countless side-quests, hidden treasures, and new enemies are around every corner. You can play this game for almost 100 hours and still find something new to do. The best part is that you can approach these situations any way you see fit, thanks to the ability to make any sort of character you want at any time. It's easy to take your fully leveled up character and start from scratch in order to try different approaches to combat. Combat in this game is fantastic. It's more like playing an action game than an RPG. In some ways you can compare the combat experience to games like God of War or Devil May Cry. It's that good.

Exploration is a blast as well. Fighting your way through dungeons or looking for hidden loot is a heck of a lot of fun. It's not quite an open world game, but is very similar. The game consists of several micro-sandboxes that are all connected. Each one has their own unique style and feel. From enchanted forests to icy plains, exploring a new area always brings new sights to see. The game also has a very deep, very detailed lore. Unfortunately that is where I think the games biggest flaw is. I just never really cared about the fiction set up here. I found the story and the characters to all be pretty much forgettable. The storytelling just lacks the pop and flare that some of the RPG other series have. It's not really all that bad, but I did find myself not caring about the boring conversations the game frequently brings up.

All in all this is a great RPG. The melding of a flexible, action oriented combat system with RPG style exploration and character building makes this game a huge success that is a heck of a lot of fun to play. So if you have passed this game by just because it doesn't have a big name attached to it then let me just say that, like me, you've made a big mistake. I have no doubt that this might be the first entry in the next big RPG series. At least that is what I hope. I would love to see more from this series in the future.
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    kingdoms is by far one of my favorite RPG's for the PS3, it offers tons of hours of fun, there are so many side quests it is nuts. They do get a bit repetitive but overall i was very impressed with side quests, the main story line sucked me in from the getgo, Its hard to review this without spoilers because i just want to sit here and tell you about a day in the life of my characterkingdoms is by far one of my favorite RPG's for the PS3, it offers tons of hours of fun, there are so many side quests it is nuts. They do get a bit repetitive but overall i was very impressed with side quests, the main story line sucked me in from the getgo, Its hard to review this without spoilers because i just want to sit here and tell you about a day in the life of my character toru:)! customization and weapon/armour upgrades in this game are great, although i do wish it was a bit more like TES in that sense(being able to strip enemies of of everything they have etc.) but its great in its own way. the weapons are very unique and fun to use. the combat in this game is amazing, so much better than TES you can either button mash, or you can learn a bunch of different combos for each individual weapon. i found mastering the combo attacks was enjoyable, pulling a complex series of moves off to kill your enemy is very gratifying! its a very unique setting and story plot and i highly recommend this game, it's a great buy for any RPG lover! Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is by far the worst game I have ever played. Graphics are plain ,ugly and utterly revolting. Gameplay is repetitive simply mash and dodge. Sound is horrible all the npc voices are horrendous the hits have no impact and feel like hitting a pillow and there are some reused assets from dragon age another terrible game. Story is pointless and boring. If you are searching for a realThis game is by far the worst game I have ever played. Graphics are plain ,ugly and utterly revolting. Gameplay is repetitive simply mash and dodge. Sound is horrible all the npc voices are horrendous the hits have no impact and feel like hitting a pillow and there are some reused assets from dragon age another terrible game. Story is pointless and boring. If you are searching for a real action rpg look towards Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Dragon's Dogma or just play Shadow of the Colosuss which are far better games. All in all avoid at all costs. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2013
    KoA:R is an incredibly fun game, that is loaded with story, but short on depth.
    KoA:R is an incredibly fun game, that is loaded with story, but short on depth.
    Pros: The Lore (written by R.A. Salvatore) is top notch with an immersive world and a story that doesn't lose steam from the get-go. And while the main story is rather short, the numerous side quests (read: more than 100) certainly provide a "bang for your buck." The graphics are crisp, while the sounds and soundtrack are top notch. I definitely recommend playing it once to completion, especially if you're an open world RPG fan.
    Cons: Firstly, the crafting system leaves a lot to be desired. It's disheartening to throw skill points into Blacksmithing, and have your newly minted weapons out-statted by the next John Q. Vendor you come across. I found more of the underwhelming ho-hum to be evident in Sagecrafting or Alchemy as well. The controls are a little loose as well. It's easy to get turned around in battle which becomes frustrating when you're fighting three wolves who all are timing their respective howl and charge at you one second apart from each other.
    Rundown: It's definitely a game I'd pick up (though not at the new $60 price) for a fun adventure. The ending didn't leave me with a desire to play it again (a la Mass Effect or Dragon Age), but it certainly was a fun romp my entire playthrough.
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning overcome it's weak main story, a terrible questline logic and some camera problems with an amazing combat system, stunning visuals and a large world full of exploration. Unfortunately, it has some gameplay problems that may disappoint some people."
  16. Oct 28, 2013
    To be honest i was expecting a lot more from KoA: Reckoning, that being said i dont like RPGs at all, but this one seemed to hook me like no other rpg's have. I only played it for 12 hours, the game starts really good and gets boring the more you play it. KoA: Reckoning has the best gameplay for an rpg. I never finished the game so it might have gotten better later on, but as it standsTo be honest i was expecting a lot more from KoA: Reckoning, that being said i dont like RPGs at all, but this one seemed to hook me like no other rpg's have. I only played it for 12 hours, the game starts really good and gets boring the more you play it. KoA: Reckoning has the best gameplay for an rpg. I never finished the game so it might have gotten better later on, but as it stands this game is good and id recommend it to any rpg fan or newcomers to the genre. Expand
  17. Oct 23, 2013
    FANTASTIC! Loved this game! Loads or exploring, lore, gear and sidequests to do with an amazing combat system! I never found enough things to kill. IGNORE THE TROLLS. Loads of reviews by people who haven't even played. This is a must buy for RPG players!
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    an alright game. it's really easy, no matter the difficulty. the story is alright as well, but not great. the combat itself is pretty fun, although the i felt that there could have been more combat animations. the fates system is pretty cool and is based off how you distribute your skill points.
  19. Oct 20, 2013
    To make it short, this game is like the child of World of Warcraft, Fable and Dragon Age games. It has that cute design Fable has, it has the gigantic map and huge quest amount just like WOW and the menus and HUD are very similar to Dragon Age. Alas, it can't beat any of those three champions in the action/RPG genre.

Kingdoms of Amalur is an immense game. The map is one of the biggest

Kingdoms of Amalur is an immense game. The map is one of the biggest I've seen. The side quests come in legions although they can be repetitive over time. The main quests are quite diverse and hold the biggest part of action and originality the game can offer. There's days and days of content. Alas, the redundancy of the quests and the lack of complexity in the fighting side of the game makes the whole gaming experience tedious after a while.

This game is beautiful in terms of scenery. So beautiful that it looks like there's too much going on. After a while, you get used to the beauty of the landscapes and pay little attention to what you see. Too much is like not enough.

The faces of the characters are dull and lack expression. It is not acceptable nowadays. They look like they are from a game made in 2004.

The music is sometimes convincing but lacks originality. Many songs are similar to other RPG titles that have come before it. Same thing goes with the sound effects which are generic at best.

Your characters and the various NPCs you encounter barely have a personality. Only the characters seen in the main quests have something going for them but they remain RPG and fantasy/aventure clichés. It's very unfortunate because if a game like Amalur can't compete with other games in the graphics department, it should be able to add more depth to the characters and storylines to redeem itself. Alas, it doesn't, so you will often feel like you are playing some sort of a huge mod.

The ennemies are pretty diversified and many are quite original in their own way although they are mostly inspired by other games.

As a conclusion this game is far from being bad, it's huge, beautiful and the loading times are pretty much non-existent... But it lacks what it takes to escape the etiquette of being an emulation. Its lack of originality, repeating quests and poor graphics can only make me give it 6/10.
  20. Sep 2, 2013
    A full RPG experience. Great story, great character design and art... But all of this should be expected from Ken Rolsten, Todd McFarlane and R.A. Salvatore. It's a shame that Big Huge Games and 38 Studios went under. I'll be interesting to see who picks up this IP for pennies on the dollar from the state of Rhode Island.
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    Kingdoms Of Amular The Reckoning is an amazing yet misunderstood game. I agree with a previous reviewer that this game although compared to Skyrim and Dragon Age ect...ect, is actually more of the evolution of Hack 'N Slash RPG Classics Like Bulder's Gate & Champions Of Norrath. I thought That was a fantastic comparison. This is a game that ultimately has found the balance of fun and greatKingdoms Of Amular The Reckoning is an amazing yet misunderstood game. I agree with a previous reviewer that this game although compared to Skyrim and Dragon Age ect...ect, is actually more of the evolution of Hack 'N Slash RPG Classics Like Bulder's Gate & Champions Of Norrath. I thought That was a fantastic comparison. This is a game that ultimately has found the balance of fun and great design. Every system in this game is well designed, the Skill Trees are deep, but thankfully you can switch your points up at any time via a Fateweaver. So you are never stuck as a Mage or a Brawler....again a nod to fun and a great way to open up a huge game to player experimentation. The purists will rip it, but I thought it was a wonderful idea. The combat, although built on a simple framework still has good depth due to the combos and upgrades, and is never sluggish or cumbersome. You are able to mix up magic attacks with melee and ranged attacks with ease and it truly makes combat feel fun and fresh. The menu system is brilliant, as it splits up Main, Faction, Side Quests and Tasks to sub menus so you can easily track and choose the quests you feel like playing. The simple addition of a junk pile also helps you more easily manage your weapons, armor and other loot for sale. The story is super solid and each quest has wonderful back story and flavor. The characters are just as memorable as those found in other RPG titles and I find the art style refreshing. The varied environments also make the game a joy to explore. The variety of loot you find is great and is dropped at a fair yet satisfying rate. So like earlier stated, if you like the old Hack 'N Slash Dungeon Crawlers of old, or more modern day action RPG titles like Skyrim & Dragons Age, this game will give you what you've wanted for so long and so much more. To me it's a solid fusion of a variety of RPG styles, as well as a celebration of what makes all these things great to RPG players, while also maintaining a level of fun for players new to the genre. I think this was a fantastic execution of a well thought out plan to deliver a fun, yet deep experience to the RPG community. It's truly a gamers' game. It's a shame that this game was misunderstood out of the gates and held to unfair standards...perhaps if it was given it's fair shake it may have been a franchise and design style that pushed and diversified the action RPG genre. Now it's just one of those hidden gems that gamers will have to discover for themselves by world of mouth.....and this is a game I definitely suggest to all my friends and fans of any RPG. I suggest you all do the same if you enjoy the game as well. Expand
  22. Jun 20, 2013
    Amalur is a BIG, HUGE game for sure. But did they gave us a huge amount of content for us to explore and to find out. Yeah...? Amalur has a pretty interesting plot, but with few highlights. A colorful and beautiful world, but with a kinda awkward camera and the maps are always connect via the same pathway/tunnel. A fun combat system that reminds me of God of War. No buts on the combat. AAmalur is a BIG, HUGE game for sure. But did they gave us a huge amount of content for us to explore and to find out. Yeah...? Amalur has a pretty interesting plot, but with few highlights. A colorful and beautiful world, but with a kinda awkward camera and the maps are always connect via the same pathway/tunnel. A fun combat system that reminds me of God of War. No buts on the combat. A huge list of sidequests and they are fully voiced, but only a few of them got me really interested. Fun fate/class system, but a not so interesting character customization. Amalur does so many things right, but at the same time there are many small flaws that hold this game back from it's true potential.
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 7.5/10 A'IGHT!!!
    I do have to admit that it's always fun to just walk around enjoying the beautiful landscapes and environments of Amalur.
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    When i first saw Gameplay from this game, i was kind of intrigued by the combat system and thought it had lots of depth (which it hasnt, all you need to do is press one button). Also i expected an immersive story and a world i would get drawn into. I actually havent had an RPG/MMO yet which i didnt like (apart from Godhand, which was great, but also a game breaking bug which prevented meWhen i first saw Gameplay from this game, i was kind of intrigued by the combat system and thought it had lots of depth (which it hasnt, all you need to do is press one button). Also i expected an immersive story and a world i would get drawn into. I actually havent had an RPG/MMO yet which i didnt like (apart from Godhand, which was great, but also a game breaking bug which prevented me from contiuing). Maybe i have played too many PC games in the last months, but this game is ugly and uninspired. It felt a lot like a WOW Rippoff. It looks like a PS2 game at times and the monster types are plain boring and it seems like there are only a couple of different monsters anyway. Also i could have finished the main story in 12 hours or less and when i realized that the game will be over soon, i did some sidequest which were just as boring as WOW type missions where you get something at point b and you bring it back to point a.
    I finished it in 19 hours couldnt care about anything that happened and was pissed off that i wasted the time to even play this game. When i tried to do a sidequest sth about a Witchking, i killed the quest mobs on the main mission, because had to be in the area and when i did the sidequest, they didnt spawn and i couldnt get the key i needed), i experienced a bug that didnt let me finish the quest and that was the only way to obtain a really powerful weapon unless i would decide to grind in an offline game to get it with a random drop. There is one thing i hate and thats not being able to complete something. After that i couldnt care about sidequest since this could have happened again. The main story was predictable and boring, seriously i have never cared less about a protagonist and his friends. I prefer a freaking CoD or Barbie Game Story over this crap. The final letdown was the "big reveal" where this elf woman talks to you and i pressed on the runestone thing and i couldnt hear what she said (not that i cared at this point, i wanted the game to be over), because this runestone started to talk as well and you couldnt hear a thing of what she was saying. Great design choice! Almost as good as game breaking sidequests and the least immersive world i have ever seen. At least the crafting and blacksmithing could have been fun, if you like to grind for the best parts or you use quicksave which isnt available on the PS3 and 360. Good thing this studio got shut down, the MMO they planned would have tanked hard.

I can recommend this game to anyone, i have played at least 50 RPGs that are a million times better than this crap. Actually the PS2 alone might have 50 RPGs that are better and more inspiring than this game.
  24. Apr 7, 2013
    I am overwhelmed on how much I can do (and how many ways I can look cool defeating bad guys) in Kingdoms of Amalur. The action would be fun if I only had one hack 'n slash button but I can combo two weapons at once, plus choose from three magical powers at any time. Fateshift was a great game mechanic that has evolved from "bullet time" of Max Payne and The Matrix games. It is moreI am overwhelmed on how much I can do (and how many ways I can look cool defeating bad guys) in Kingdoms of Amalur. The action would be fun if I only had one hack 'n slash button but I can combo two weapons at once, plus choose from three magical powers at any time. Fateshift was a great game mechanic that has evolved from "bullet time" of Max Payne and The Matrix games. It is more rewarding in Reckoning because reach time it ends with a button mashing experience bump, flashy grand finale. Finally a reason to get excited about button smashing :)
    The settings and enemy types are just varied enough to keep things interesting and still get a hang of how to defeat which bad guy which way. Inventory system is super simple and the fast travel option is a blessing. There is even a way for all you evil types to turn a switch and make it possible to kill civilians for no reason. I never used it but I did steal loot from people's houses and ran out of town like crazy to avoid the guards and sell the loot to the next town over :)
    The mixing up of the skill trees was a fun idea and I enjoyed pursuing the many different destinies that went with the many possible combinations of ability points.
    My only gripe, and its minor, is that the skill points could have come a little faster.
    Great game overall and I am far from finishing it
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    I think this game is amazing. The interesting story and innovative combat will overpower the few bugs you naturally run into. Try this game and, if you give it a chance, you'll enjoy it.
  26. Feb 5, 2013
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has many treasures and riches in its RPG ensemble. A brilliant sense of weight defines every bludgeon from an axe and every swing of the greatsword. The colour and the melodic tones that shimmer in the background as you play, define the elegance of Amalur's creation. The big drawback though is that it feels comparatively small when the likes of Skyrim areKingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has many treasures and riches in its RPG ensemble. A brilliant sense of weight defines every bludgeon from an axe and every swing of the greatsword. The colour and the melodic tones that shimmer in the background as you play, define the elegance of Amalur's creation. The big drawback though is that it feels comparatively small when the likes of Skyrim are giving you some awe inspiring landscapes. You tend to trundle the forests on your merry way, then you stumble across narrow paths densely populated either side by cliff faces. There isn't a grand sense of scale and awe. Furthermore it feels like you've been there and pillaged that when you are out and about completing fetch X amount of these items or kill Y amount of this. KOA therefore feels forged by the conventional trappings of a massively populated genre. With that said, it's still an impressive, elegant, rich and satisfying RPG that has some gusto to deliver your post Skyrim needs. Expand
  27. Jan 7, 2013
    I am really enjoyed playing this game and still am, love open mapped games:) I prefer a sorcerer as it is the best, graphics are of nice details, quests are pretty cool, sometimes challenging.

It is a bit long, but, that is the idea of an open mapped game, I have played many RPG's such as Fallout, Oblivion etc, I like the concept of 2 weapons only for a change. Stop being picky people. Overall, would recommend:)
  28. Dec 31, 2012
    Kingdoms of Amalur is a fantastic and immersive game. There. I said it. Should I tell you why? Well, first of all, we have the amazing combat. Unlike some RPGs *cough*Skyrim and Dragon Age *cough*, the combat is immersive, satisfying and aesthetically pleasing. Though your character is not fully customizable, that is not a problem here, because your appearance of starting bonuses areKingdoms of Amalur is a fantastic and immersive game. There. I said it. Should I tell you why? Well, first of all, we have the amazing combat. Unlike some RPGs *cough*Skyrim and Dragon Age *cough*, the combat is immersive, satisfying and aesthetically pleasing. Though your character is not fully customizable, that is not a problem here, because your appearance of starting bonuses are insignificant in this game. You will barely see your own character in this game. The most badass armor sets and weapons I have ever seen, are in this game. And you won't get those badass armor sets at the end of the game. No. You get those at the very beginning of the game. And it feels GOOD. You hear that Dragon Age and Skyrim?!!! It feels gooooood. Sure it is sometimes repetitive, but which RPG out there does not feel repetitive? On the contrary, I feel that this game is less repetitive than most, with enemy types that actually do feel different and challenging when combined. Let me give you an example: I played as a mage, and found out that the true powers laid in the abilities I acquired, when fighting different enemy types. As a mage you have very little armor, but high damage, and a good range. Due to this fact, I have to keep enemies at a distance. When fighting both trolls (close combat) and mages at the same (medium range) I had to summoning magic to keep the troll at a distance, and could then fight the mage with equal power. If I had tried to do the same thing in Skyrim, the enemies would have totally ignored what I had summoned and all charge directly at me. This is but one of the few things I truly love about Kingdoms, and a drop in the ocean of the content in this game. Beautiful colors, and an okay story with some memorable characters are just bonuses to the incredibly fun battles that can change fate. Buy this game. Expand
  29. Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know why great games like this don't sell, this game is better than Skyrim, if you deny that you're not an Rpg fan, I'm really sad this game didn't sell well, this is one of the best games I have ever played, please, do yourself a favour and go buy this game if you're a real gamer
  30. Dec 21, 2012
    Having loved Fable 2 on the Xbox i bought this for my PS3 and im loving it.......just give it time and get out of the mines...do 5 hours before you pass judgement.
    Combat is a nice mixture of hacking,cast a spell.... when there reeling back.....fire an arrow into them, great fun.
    Plenty of side missions and the world is fantastic to explore. The stealth mechanics are actually better
    Plenty of side missions and the world is fantastic to explore.
    The stealth mechanics are actually better than most games when you buff them up a bit on the skill tree,i like to go stomping in with my GreatSword but then sometimes i like to sneak around and i like the fact i can do both competently.

Kingdoms of Amulur for fun , Demon's Souls for serious.

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Needless to say, Reckoning is a repetitive experience. If you've played the first five hours, you've seen everything the game has to offer except a few bosses and superficially different environments.
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    When you set aside the forgettable characters and boring dialog you find a game that is so well polished in many of its other aspects. The title boasts one of the best combat systems ever in an action-RPG and a highly flexible class system that allows the player to choose to be whatever they want to.
  3. Reckoning is not about narrative. In this respect, it's a defiantly linear experience. What it is about is gameplay choice within the oft-rigid of an RPG. The way it accomplishes this is particularly fresh, and maybe even suggests a new precedent in the evolution of the genre. It's about time, right? Big Huge Games has clearly been paying a lot of attention to what's going on, and the result is that Reckoning is a patchwork of everything great that's been done to forward modern RPGs in recent times. [March 2012, p70]