• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Aug 30, 2007
6.4

1. JadeC.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Whats wrong with everyone? This game sheer scale is by far the best that has been portrayed on the PS3 and is definitely a worthwhile buy.
  2. L
    Sep 14, 2007
    Very underrated, beautiful game that once you get the hang of the controls isnt at all hard and is very enjoyable; good story and very addictive gameplay.
  3. OrenM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    There is nothing wrong with the control of this game, the only problem that I think of is not exactly a problem. This is a very challenging game, but I prepare a challenging game over a game that I pay $60 and finish over one weekend. I play a single level each day again and again till I get one of the medals, then I go to the extra screen and enjoy the new thing that I find there. There is nothing wrong with the control of this game, the only problem that I think of is not exactly a problem. This is a very challenging game, but I prepare a challenging game over a game that I pay $60 and finish over one weekend. I play a single level each day again and again till I get one of the medals, then I go to the extra screen and enjoy the new thing that I find there. I'm strongly recommend this game to everyone that appreciate challenges, to the rest, go and play Halo or any other FPS that the reviewers love so much. Expand
  4. Jul 28, 2012
    I want to start off by stating this review is based on the game with the patch controls. For me I enjoyed this game a lot. The action is insane, killer sound, a killer story, and the controls are great with the patch. I don
  5. MikeC.
    Sep 6, 2007
    I just cannot believe the scores this game is getting. I spent one hour playing the game before mastering the controls. ONE HOUR. My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Otherwise I never had the control problems the "pros" are bitching about, I never saw ANY slowdown/frame skipping/graphical bugs. These guys are morons, plain and simple.
  6. JJ
    Oct 21, 2007
    It's unfortunate how easily people would judge a game they really don't give a chance for playing. People tend to forget the experience of a new way of playing a video game and easily jump to say it's too hard or too difficult. Six Axis for this game Liar is outstanding and worth while. It defers from the typical hack and slash kinda of game, and makes you part of the game. It's unfortunate how easily people would judge a game they really don't give a chance for playing. People tend to forget the experience of a new way of playing a video game and easily jump to say it's too hard or too difficult. Six Axis for this game Liar is outstanding and worth while. It defers from the typical hack and slash kinda of game, and makes you part of the game. For all those low reviews, you honestly don't know how to review a game because you're reviewing it on complications that it does for you. You've forgotten the true meaning of how to challenge and experience a game should be. Collapse
  7. KennyL.
    Sep 10, 2007
    I was wary about buying this game due to bad ratings especially where the controls are concered. Since i had 60 bucks to burn i figured i'd give it a shot and boy was i suprised at how good this game is. The controls take a bit of getting used to but in a very short time, i was wreaking havoc in the skies like a pro. Those who complain about the targeting system should stick to FPS I was wary about buying this game due to bad ratings especially where the controls are concered. Since i had 60 bucks to burn i figured i'd give it a shot and boy was i suprised at how good this game is. The controls take a bit of getting used to but in a very short time, i was wreaking havoc in the skies like a pro. Those who complain about the targeting system should stick to FPS and not flight combat games which typically have targeting systems as it is frustratingly hard otherwise to kill enemies during frantic air manuevers. The graphics are beautiful, the sound is superb, the control is better than they get credit for and most importantly, its FUN! Expand
  8. AndyG.
    Sep 10, 2007
    The game is fun and entertaining. The controls definitely take some getting used to but once you master them, you become a killing machine on the battlefield. It's a shame some people will never be able to enjoy this epic adventure because of the bad press this game has got.
  9. MichaelC.
    Sep 3, 2007
    I truly can't fathom the negative reviews this game has gotten from the critics. This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever seen on any platform, the sound (especially the music) is outstanding, and the much-maligned motion controls work quite well once you get used to them. Give it a rent if you are unsure; how you adapt to the control scheme will make or break I truly can't fathom the negative reviews this game has gotten from the critics. This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever seen on any platform, the sound (especially the music) is outstanding, and the much-maligned motion controls work quite well once you get used to them. Give it a rent if you are unsure; how you adapt to the control scheme will make or break the game for you, but take the time to master it. It is well worth it. Expand
  10. TimP.
    Sep 4, 2007
    Finally a game that Uses the SIXAXIS & makes it shine forcing the WiiMote to look like the cheap gimmick it truly is,. and graphics unlike anything the 360 or PC have to offer. THis is truly a NEXT-GEN gaming experience unlike any other.
  11. DanD.
    Sep 4, 2007
    Anyone who complains about this game because of the controls is full of it, granted they are hard at first but with a couple tries on the practice courses you start to not even notice. Combined with an interesting story and amazing visuals this game is a must buy.
  12. IssaJ.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lair is not a bad game like everyone else says. It is an incredible game, with its visuals, sound, storyline, gameplay, and this is one of the only-if not the only-game(s) That puts the SIXAXIS into full use. although turning and aiming gets kind of annoying 3 or 4 times in the game.
  13. thewhitewizard
    Apr 10, 2008
    I dont know why everyone is blaming the controls because: 1. you have a tutorial to practise the controls for however much you want. 2. The controls work fine, it is a bit more difficult to get used to very precise, minute movements which an analog stick would provide, but this game makes you feel like a real dragon rider. The graphics are astounding. Think Lord of the Rings architecture, I dont know why everyone is blaming the controls because: 1. you have a tutorial to practise the controls for however much you want. 2. The controls work fine, it is a bit more difficult to get used to very precise, minute movements which an analog stick would provide, but this game makes you feel like a real dragon rider. The graphics are astounding. Think Lord of the Rings architecture, amazing fire effects, great water visuals. The framerate is chuggy which is why i removed one point off this technical showcase, but it doesn't make the game unplayable, it chug only during cutscenes and not too frequently. Tons of replayability offered! All in all, if you find this game in a bargain bin, give it some love, it really is worth it! Expand
  14. JonathanRudkin
    Aug 23, 2007
    This game looks epic. The videos i have seen so far show amazing attention to detail, and very smooth flight motions and intense combat. Along with the epic scale and music of the game this can be combined into an awesome experience.

I give it a 10 as im not bothered by Sixaxis like alot of people, AKA the biased EGM. It is a love or hate game and it is bound to be bashed by PS3 haters.
  15. ToddB.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The main complaint about the controls seems unwarranted; if you run the tutorials and aren't an idiot, then you should have no problem controlling your dragon after 5-10 minutes to get the hang of it. Even my NON-gaming wife wanted to try (because it was so pretty) and she did not have any real issue with the controls (had watch me do the training missions and mostly knew what to do The main complaint about the controls seems unwarranted; if you run the tutorials and aren't an idiot, then you should have no problem controlling your dragon after 5-10 minutes to get the hang of it. Even my NON-gaming wife wanted to try (because it was so pretty) and she did not have any real issue with the controls (had watch me do the training missions and mostly knew what to do and when). Expand
  16. MichaelS.
    Sep 11, 2007
    I missed the opening week fiasco, but the game is very enjoyable, the graphics are astonishing. There is some discernable stutter between cutscenes, but the load times are otherwise quite fast. Overall, an impressive and unique game.
  17. EtienneL.
    Sep 12, 2007
    What? Are you on crack? This game is a defnite 9, maybe 10 for showing us what next gen's all about (not just flashy graphics, but an immersive story, almost virtual reality controls and mindblowing sound). Don't believe the reviews. I used to buy games based on reviews and I got burned. E.g. Oblivion - fun for 10 hours and mind blowingly boring after. So some people can't What? Are you on crack? This game is a defnite 9, maybe 10 for showing us what next gen's all about (not just flashy graphics, but an immersive story, almost virtual reality controls and mindblowing sound). Don't believe the reviews. I used to buy games based on reviews and I got burned. E.g. Oblivion - fun for 10 hours and mind blowingly boring after. So some people can't get used to using the sixaxis controls. Fine. Your choice. But to blame the game for your ineptness, come on, what, you're gonna give Time Crisis a bad review cause you have poor hand eye coordination? Or Guitar Hero cause you have no rythym? If you can master those, why is it so hard to fathom that you must NOT OVERCOMPENSATE on movement. Once people figure out the easy, intuitive controls (an hour at most) you see the game for the artowrk it is. Battle a spider wasp and see how the physicality of he battle com[ares to nothing you've seen before, for example. I guess if you're reviewing games professionally and are reviewing 20, 30, 40 a month you don't have time to appreciate the fine nuances of each, don't have time to put in an hour to master the controls, don't have time to die and try a better tactic. But I guess you're also not playing games for fun. Professional reviewers, please don't try and deprive us of having fun. (Honorable mention to Play Magazine who wrote about the only realistic review of the game I saw.) Expand
    Sep 2, 2007
    Great Game! Complaints about controls should only be made after learning them through the tutorial. Visuals and sound are superb!
  19. AndyK.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Awesome Game, awesome presentation and great gameplay... The low ratings are really not fair!
  20. IanI.
    Sep 3, 2007
    wow, this game truly is epic. A game that the entire time has you feeling as though you are within a quest which measures along side any of the lord of the rings movies. This games production quality is top notch, easily outshining any game on any console (including gears of war) in the departments of graphics and sound quality. For those of you familiar with Factor 5 and their Rogue wow, this game truly is epic. A game that the entire time has you feeling as though you are within a quest which measures along side any of the lord of the rings movies. This games production quality is top notch, easily outshining any game on any console (including gears of war) in the departments of graphics and sound quality. For those of you familiar with Factor 5 and their Rogue Squadren series, know that you will see MANY similarities between the style of this game and that of rogue squaren, in both good and bad ways. This game is amazing, the only thing that holds it back is the sixaxis, not on any technical plain but simply in desire to use it. This game suffers from what I like to call Wii Syndrom, where it forces you to play it using motion synsitive controlls, while fun the novelty quickly wears off and you start wishing for your analog sticks back, if only because it takes far too much effort to play the game jerking your hands in every direction when video games are supposed to be a passive experiance. This game is epic, but the abillity to turn off motion sensing (even if it ment you could not be ranked on the lair network) would be greatly apreaciated. Expand
  21. DavidL
    Feb 21, 2008
    HOW TO PLAY LAIR FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TROUBLES
    HOW TO PLAY LAIR FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TROUBLES
    This Hyborian-like game got bad press for basically the nitpicking of glorified bloggers, and there are many cool things in Lair that I missed because the online bloggers calling themselves "reporters" missed when they cut and pasted their story to their website, like Yahoo, 1up, or IGN.com. So, I'm putting some of the little griping that were made big into perspective, and also giving some pointers on what is or isn't there...

Anyways, some small tips and secrets about Lair, and I'll try to put them into tidbits, so for the first time I think I'll have a story under 50,000 words lol!

First of all...

The bad things in a nutshell

clipping incident: happened on only one level once, but it happened when I tossed a person or shell in the valley. I couldn't get it to happen again, but then again, I didn't try to either. It only happened once out of the whole game, and I couldn't replicate it, but that's the "clipping" incident that gametrailers.com blew out of whack.

Slowdown: again, only happened once on the level where you have allied ships that are waiting for the signal. And again, I couldn't replicate it, but it's when the enemy ships arrive and only if you didn't take out any ships or hardly touch any people. I was getting pwned on that stage, so I know lol. IF this happens to you, destroy the enemy ships and the slowdown will stop. The slowdown didn't hamper the game, but I can't say what you consider "hampered" or not, so I'll leave that up to you if it happens to you.

Second of all: a Quick review

Graphics: Awe-inspiring. Artwork is incredible, bordering on animation. I'm already writing a story on Lair because of the athmosphere! lol!
    Levels: Huge and spacious. On the night mission you really get a feeling for the size of the stages.
    Sound: great sound FX, Music is milk and honey for the musical soul.
    Gameplay: great. Give the SIXAXIS a chance (I call it the AX) and you'll soon get a grip on the gameplay. Keep in mind that you're riding an animal and using primitive technology (dragons) instead of using a space ship or using lasers, and you'll do fine.

My overall score: 8.5 out of 10. the minuses are that the cutscenes sometimes pull you out of gameplay, which I don't think it should, and the clipping and slowdown. While they aren't terrible, they do pull you out of the immersive feeling of the game, and to be honest, I would like to live in this game. Well, at least go on vacation there!

Quick and interesting tips

-Did you know that you can choose dragons on many levels the first time out? if you go to the level select and you read stables, push your controller stick down to select stables, and hit enter. You'll enter a stable where you can select a dragon. If you get gold medals, you can select more dragons. Well, I'm almost certain, as I don't have any gold medals yet. Gametrailers.com said you wouldn't be able to select dragons until the game was over and you beat the entire game, that sounded like ANY dragons at all, so I just wanted to let you all know that you could beforehand.

-There are "coffee cup" codes in Lair! the first one actually shows a guy making coffee. One of the codes are online, and I don't know of any others yet, but if you google "Lair" and "hot coffee" you should get some results.

****BASICS

-First of all, do the training level, and go back to the level because new training modes unlock. Yeah, later on I thought they should've put all of the training modes outright, and then unleash the gameplay, but that's another tale.

-TO DO THE 180 MOVE MOST REVIEWERS COULD NOT DO: almost in a moderate speed (kinda like a slower flick), bring the SIXAXIS from level towards your chest, with the motion of your arms like a bicep curl. When you get the motion down, you should be able to do it in succession. My brother doesn't even bring it that far, as if you control it like a horse, it will respond well; but most people here probably never rode a horse, sadly. * You need momentum to do the 180 move, that means you can't do it from hover. It's a dragon, not a helicopter.

* If you are going towards a wall or a mountain range and find yourself not being able to 180, it's probably because you hit the wall, and are moving slow; flap, then turn, or turn some and flap. * If you jerk downwards or are motioning downwards beforehand, you'll do a dash, as a downward move does the dash, which I'll cover in the next part.

- TO DO THE DASH: Forget the instructions, because they tell you to push the SIXAXIS forward in the training level, which is wrong. To do the dash correctly, move the control from a level SIXAXIS to downward; like paper, siscors, rock. You'll do the dash flawlessly.

* A dash isn't a turbo button on a jet, so your dragon needs to "get ready" again before the next dash. If you watch your dragon, his/her wings will spread outwards again, then you can do another dash if you need to.

*don't forget to recover, which is different than correcting. The reason why people are wobbling around is because they are trying to correct by tilting the other way after turning instead of recovering back to the level position. If after a right turn, if you want to go straight, what direction do you think you will go if you turn left? It's just common sense, ladies and gentlemen.

NOTE: This next part for controls comes from a guru named Zafro. I don't want to plagurize him too much, but he pretty much nailed the 180 with ease.

[[[
    Lair seems to pride itself on its exclusive use of the Sixaxis motion sensitivity. Nearly all movement is controlled by moving the Sixaxis, and there is no choice but to obey. This is because the only option in the entire game with regard to controls is to invert the camera control. So everything detailed are the default, and only controls.

To begin, let me say simply that there is absolutely nothing wrong or hard about controlling the dragon in Lair. Tilt the Sixaxis forward to descend, pull the controller back to ascend, then tilt left and right to bank left and right. Once again, there is absolutely nothing difficult about performing these simple actions. The Sixaxis is responsive and easy to grasp. The greatest challenge here is not that the controls are unresponsive, but that when moving your whole hand and controller, you have to set your mind in a different frame. There is a huge difference between simply moving your thumb on a small stick and moving the entire controller with your hands. It's not hard, it's not broken, it just takes adjusting.

Obviously your dragon has wings, and they can be used effectively to increase speed by successively pressing the "X" button. If you feel your dragon is getting out of control, simply press L2 or R2 to apply the brakes. These are effective in turning sharply and, obviously, slowing down. Slowing down is especially useful so that you can eliminate rows of catapults or turrets without having to make various passes. And if slowing down is still too fast, you can hold L2+R2 to hover in mid-air. With these basic controls, you should be able to maneuver your dragon quite well after a little practice.
    Special Maneuvers Basic flying is easy and does work well, but obviously that's not all there is to Lair. There are also a couple special maneuvers to consider. They are the 180 degree turn and the dash. To perform the 180, you must move the controller upward, according to the booklet and tutorials. Doing this will most likely create situations where you're flicking the controller up and nothing happens. Then you keep doing it and a few tries later it works. So you might be disgruntled. It's not your fault that you're doing it wrong, it's the fault of the developers. As I've seen in other games featuring the Sixaxis, the explanation behind the necessary motion isn't always the best. This is the case in Lair. If you follow what you're told, you will succeed, but not as often as you should. So don't listen to them, listen to me. There is no jerking, flailing, or wild gesticulation required. Simply hold the controller with both hands as you normally would and quickly tilt it toward you. Imagine the controller is flat in your hand, resting at 0 degrees. Just pull it back quickly 90 degrees so it is vertical. You're literally pulling back the reigns of the dragon with this motion, and I guarantee it will work. Likewise, the dash is performed in the reverse manner. Rather than quickly pulling up, you must quickly push down. Alternately, simply moving the whole controller forward seems to work as well, but can be substantially more tiring. Although the quick turn and dash maneuvers will work the majority of the time following these instructions, there is still the occasion that they don't register. Through my experience, it seemed the dash was often a little more specific than the quick turn, but both cooperated in most instances. If you are having difficulty, it's probably because you are performing the action wrong. Especially if you are frustrated, it can be difficult to remember you don't have to flail the Sixaxis around. The Sixaxis is a delicate flower, and banging it around will most likely confuse the sensors rather than make them do what you want. All you need to remember is finesse, and you will tame these flight controls with ease. ]]] ****Targeting, dragon vision, and boss battles. Here, I'll be more brief, as other, more experienced gamers will probably have better info, so I'll put up what I know, and others can add. Targeting: - you can hit things without targeting them. The fireballs go kinda far - when an object is in the center of your screen and in some cases close enough, the target will light up. That is all. IF you choose to take out that target, you can lock onto it by holding the R1 button, and you will remain locked onto it until you let go of the button, the target is eliminated, another dragon rams into you to fight you, or you are killed. - if you can't seem to take down a stationary or slow-moving target and you are flying around very fast, SLOW DOWN. Drive-by flaming is just as accurate as drive-by shootings on some targets. Remember: they are fireballs, so they only kinda act like homing missiles. My brother gave me a tip on how to take out a squadron of Ice Dragons to boost your score and to do quick kills. - To take out a bunch of dragons, after you lock in on the first one and eliminate it, quickly tap R1 (you'll see the white halo around the target) and then hold R1 again to select the next dragon (red halo). Even if the Ice dragon is out of your visual range, your dragon will try to turn to orient itself towards the dragon, so turning towards the target is part automatic, and part manual. - You can also lock-on and dash towards targets like rhinos or generators to get the quick kill or out maneuver arrows before they can target you. Dragon Vision: -Dragon vision in a nutshell: enemies will be orangeish and the critical objectives will be reddish. Use it if you don't know what to do or what to look for. Boss Battles: Boss battles are odd because they actually integrate into the story well, so they don't seem like they appear "at the end of the level". Anyways, here's a few quick tips -If you are having trouble dodging something... if the scene warrants you to go left OR right, move the controller left AND right, and you'll usually dodge whatever's giving you trouble, as one or the other registers quicker than timing a left or right move. -lock-on is your friend. Your cute friend you want to shag. -if things are going on around you that you cannot see what is happening, look around to see what's going on, and if that doesn't help, use your dragon vision. Actually, that applies everywhere when you don't know what's happening. ****Missions What to do, what not to do. Look for what's called for, the other stuff you can ignore or go back to at any time. The two examples give spoilers, but I won't give level details as to keep the storyline overall a secret. So look at your own risk of knowing stuff lol! - Use R3 to see what your objectives are. I can't stress that enough. - pay attention to cutscenes. They give vital info on what's what and where. *******Morale -Destroy bigger thing or dragons will boost your morale - Kill captians for a easy boost to morale (the guys on those juicy horses...mmmm, horses!) 1. *Spoiler the scene where you are saving a crowd of people on a hill where ships are banging down on them, dragons are all around, The Army is marching on them, and you have land beasts barreling down on them seems like too much, right? Right: but you only have to basically take care of the army and the land beasts. The ships and dragons are too inaccurate in this case to inflict much harm. Remember: your OBJECTIVE is to save the people, and so only address the threats that are actually harming the people. Most objectives are like that. Another example: You are asked to escort Mantas to a part, and you have to protect them from catapults, but there are other things happening like dragons, ships and what not. Go after the catapults and arrow shooters only, and when the part comes up where the Ice dragons are attacking your troops, attack them, but be brief, and then focus on the catapults. Remember the focus is on the Mantas, but the Ice Dragons are right next to a catapult station, ao it's not out of the way nor a task if you just flame up the dragons a bunch and then get right back on your objective. That's the mentality you have to have in this game: it's up to you to figure out what to do, not what you are told to do. (((end examples))) I hope this isn't too long and I hope it helps. Lair is a great game that has been picked apart mainly because of it using new technology in a new way, and some people who don't catch on or were "fans" of other consoles downing the game will only cause others to miss out on incredible gameplay, but don't take my word for it, or theirs: rent it, and if you like it, buy it: Lair is an honest effort for a PS3 game using not only the cell to the best of Factor 5's ability, but also the Blu-Ray , SIXAXIS, and uncompressed sound.
  22. ScottC.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Lair is a unique and incredible experience as long as you spend time on the training level of the game (go through all of the training). You should definitely keep the sixaxis controls in tact because they really add to the entire experience. The developers certainly should have had some more "introductory" levels before you embark on level 1, levels that introduce you to the controls Lair is a unique and incredible experience as long as you spend time on the training level of the game (go through all of the training). You should definitely keep the sixaxis controls in tact because they really add to the entire experience. The developers certainly should have had some more "introductory" levels before you embark on level 1, levels that introduce you to the controls instead of just throwing you in to the heat of (extremely intense) battle. That small gripe, as well as the somewhat less than accurate aiming mechanism for honing in on enemies, are the only frustrations to be had once you master the controls (aiming really isn't that bad, either). Once you do get into the game, you'll find out just how amazing it really is. The amount of stuff that you can do with your dragon is incredible (it's a full fledged "dragon simulator"). On top of this, the levels themselves just seem more alive than they do in any other video game I've ever seen. Ground troops are battling each other at the same time that dragons are flying around while naval ships duke it out. It's really a sight to behold (and at 1080P, no less). I hope more people will experience this incredible and unique game. Don't be fooled by those that didn't spend the (very small) time it takes to get used to the awesome controls. Oh, one more hint about turning sharp in the game; use L2 or R2 while turning, and you can turn on a dime. Expand
  23. DaveG.
    Feb 2, 2009
    Don't let all the bad reviews keep you from playing or at least trying Lair. I found the motion controls to be very easy and fun. Go through the training and get use to the way the direction arrow's color changes to show your going in the right direction and you will be fine. I don't know why so many critics had problems with the motion control. The epic battles are awesome Don't let all the bad reviews keep you from playing or at least trying Lair. I found the motion controls to be very easy and fun. Go through the training and get use to the way the direction arrow's color changes to show your going in the right direction and you will be fine. I don't know why so many critics had problems with the motion control. The epic battles are awesome and the graphics are sweet. I have played many more higher rated Wii games that way worse motion controls then lair. This is a fun game that needs to be given another chance be the critics in my opinion. Expand
  24. carlpashley
    Mar 8, 2009
    i had heard bad things about this game from various websites but thought i wouid give it a chance and glad i did great graphics good storyline great music but best of all 6a6 control easy to pick if u call your self a gamer this is something different from all those fps give a go and just might agree
  25. JonR.
    Sep 11, 2007
    Amazing game! truely amazing and very well thought out. Shame the reviews are bad but im not too arsed, i want to see a sequel to this. Epic, intuitive and deep. To the console war provokers below. Grow up. You fail at life.
  26. SeanH.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Almost perfect. From its show stopping visuals to its epic soundtrack LAIR would be the best game for the PS3 if not for 2 little gripes. First the control take a bit to get used to but being familiar with motion sensing games on the Wii I found the dragon flight to be rather intuitive after a few hours, even if I do wish for analog stick control during some of the more hectic moments. Almost perfect. From its show stopping visuals to its epic soundtrack LAIR would be the best game for the PS3 if not for 2 little gripes. First the control take a bit to get used to but being familiar with motion sensing games on the Wii I found the dragon flight to be rather intuitive after a few hours, even if I do wish for analog stick control during some of the more hectic moments. The second gripe is that after all this time it feels like I am playing Rogue Squadron all over again but on a dragon instead of in an X-Wing. Even the post battle status screen and medal system is here. Apparently Factor 5 could not be bothered to do something different in this regard. The good stuff aside from the graphics include the stunning visuals, great 7.1 Surround sound, and a well told story. A lot of people are going to gripe about the controls and it is warranted but from what I can see is you either love this one or hate it. Maybe if enough people complain or they see sales lagging they will release a software update that allows for stick controlled dragon flight. Expand
  27. KyleBlack
    Sep 25, 2007
    Half the morons rating this game haven't even played it!!!

Half the morons rating this game haven't even played it!!!

360*s are simple with Sixaxis! duh go back to school... Unless you've been playing it on an Xbox 3fixme where the controller doesn't have have motion sensing. Music is Academy Award winning soundtrack! Story is anything but mundane like Gears of Bore and I doubt if any of simpletons ( that supposedly played it) got any flying medals. So can we say you're all B*tt Hurt and rated it poorly, because you didn't have any Exlax to ease your pain! ;)

I give it a 10 just because too many fakers in here don't even have a PS3 to play it on and lied about even playing it!!! Go Back to Blowhard 3 ...er Halo 3 crapola!!!
  28. JohannL.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Beat the game in a day. Learning curve was not needed. I understood the controls and targeting system rather quickly. Other than being slightly repetative the game has an amazing sound, good story, fantastic visuals and decent gameplay (slightly repetative). By no means the best game but also very far from the worst. If you have issues with control you might want to take a look at what Beat the game in a day. Learning curve was not needed. I understood the controls and targeting system rather quickly. Other than being slightly repetative the game has an amazing sound, good story, fantastic visuals and decent gameplay (slightly repetative). By no means the best game but also very far from the worst. If you have issues with control you might want to take a look at what your doing instaed of blaming the game. Expand
  29. Jan 13, 2012
    I absolutely LOVED this game and you don't have to use the sixsxis(which i do) but i don't know why there is so many negative reports about it. I played all the way through the game and keep replaying it and it seems like a lot of people would be against me but i think there should be a lair 2 with more dragons and stuff. EXCELLENT GAME 100,000,000,000/10 RATING!!!!!!

1. Lair has come together beautifully... With its stunning visuals and incredible soundtrack, Lair may well be the single most powerful experience that a man can share with his $5,000 home theatre system. [Aug 2007, p.64]
    I expect many fans will be disappointed thanks to all of the hype that's built up around the game, but the inevitable complaints about the control scheme will be warranted. [Sep 2007, p.79]
  3. Don't buy it if you want a dragon that does what it's told. [Sept 2007, p.82]