7.8

1. Mar 24, 2011
    Having had Lego Indian Jones, and all the Lego Star Wars, this Lego game by far is the one that my two kids, 5 and 4, prefer. They find the villians and heroes, who they have no prior knowledge of before, very funny, and they now know their names even better than I did when I was their age. As for myself, I can't get into the game, but the little ones love it. That's good enough for me
  2. LeeB
    Sep 23, 2008
    Very good game. Even if your not a big batman fan this game will keep you busy. Very fun and a great buy. If I say anything needs to be improve it would probably be the controls.
  3. NoelD
    Sep 29, 2008
    Good game. Especially good for my 6 year old son. Definitely an improvement on Lego Indiana Jones which was way too hard for younger kids. Some of the puzzles can be challenging but generally there is a logical answer to the problems.
  4. Nov 12, 2010
    nicely designed game, more geared towards children, graphics are nice and game play is relatively simple, would recommend this for kids, not really entertaining enough for adults...
  5. Jan 14, 2012
    Not bad, but not great. It's pretty fun for a while, but it gets boring after a while of playing it. Still, if you enjoy the Lego games, buy it by all means.
  6. May 31, 2013
    This is the game that made me become a Batman fan. Before I played it, the only Batman villains I knew were the Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face and Scarecrow. But this game showed me much more. The only problem with this game is that you don't have all of Gotham City to explore, but the sequel makes up for that.
  7. Apr 12, 2015
    LEGO Batman The Videogame
    Boring and Basic
    Much Like Sly 2, I just don’t understand the praise this game has. Lego batman takes you through 30 levels, half you play as batman and robin, the other half you play as villains . Every single level it lego batman feels like a repetitive grind. Not a single moment did I find myself having fun with this game, and im a mild batman fan. Even
    LEGO Batman The Videogame
    Boring and Basic
    Much Like Sly 2, I just don’t understand the praise this game has.
    Every single level it lego batman feels like a repetitive grind.
    Even the license wasn’t enough to bring me joy.
    Every level stars a new villain, whether you are playing the batcave side or the arkham asylum side.
    Batman and robin have various suits that can be found throughout levels that are used to progress and each villain has a perk of their own for level progression, but neither side feels the least bit satisfying to progress through or complete levels.
    The game is far too basic to bring joy,
    You mash a button until you see lego pieces bouncing around and then you hold down another bother button to build whatever it is you need to go to the next section and do it all over again.
    That’s all there is to the game.
    There are tons of progression annoyances that you will find if you play by yourself instead of co op which is clearly the better option.
    Too often I would find my AI partner stuck or not following me when I needed them to, and by time I realized it I was too far to swap so I had to walk back and find them, and at points where im trying to position other characters and don’t want to be followed, I would annoyingly be followed.
    At the end of the batman levels there is a boss
    Boss battles are pretty basic and boring too, much like the rest of the game its mashing buttons until you can build what you have to or until the enemy is vulnerable.
    I was greatly disappointed in LEGO batman the videogame, especially after hearing people rave on about the humor and charm in these games.
    There is none, theres just mumbles in cutscenes and subtleties that may or may not give you a mild chuckle, but I just don’t see the praise.
    There are a few vehicle based levels thrown in there to attempt to mix things up, but they just dnt, they follow the same structure of just break stuff to continue.
    Lego batman the videogame feels lazy to me, I didn’t enjoy my time with it even a little bit.
    I cant find it in myself to recommend this game, not even to batman fans,
    for what it is
    Action Adventure: 6.5/10
    Overall: 6.5/10
  8. May 15, 2015

1. This game has a fresh new angle to it, letting you throw batarangs and use different suits to reach otherwise inaccessible areas. Villains also have their own missions, which are just as entertaining as the hero ones.
    LEGO Batman is good fun, but it's really just the same thing we've seen before. I don't think the LEGO formula needs much of a change, but certainly the common issues with the series should no longer exist.
  3. The charm of LEGO blocks is exploring your creativity and building new things, so Traveler’s Tales’ habit of sticking to one formula stands in stark contrast to the entire LEGO philosophy. We’ve had fun with this series, but it’s time to dump the franchise out on the floor and start piecing it back into something new.