7.7

1. Feb 23, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a single point. Completely unplayable buggy crap. Freezes AT LEAST TWICE on every single level and the last level can't be completed, because it freezes at the middle of the level. I can't understand why developers release incomplete games. Oh, and there is no chance they will patch this game, as they moved on to make other games. Shame on you TT games.
  2. Jan 1, 2014
    Buggy as crap! Very disappointed! Can't even beat the last level as the game keeps freezing. Ran into many glitches and freezes throughout. Otherwise, the game would be super fun.
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    One of the best Lego games in the series. The game is top quality in all departments. Gameplay, graphics, fun, humor, co op....its all there. The game is the most epic yet of all the Lego games, even more so than Lego Batman 2 and Lego Lord of the Rings which I both loved. The action is awesome, the music is epic, and the game makes you want to know what will happen next in the story. Also, there are tons and tons of collectibles and characters to unlock. The replay value is insane for this game. It will last you a really long time. It has the biggest roster of any Lego game to date. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that I love every Lego game that has come out this far, my favorite being Lego Batman 2. I love the simplicity and humor in them and the puzzles aren't always thinkers, but they make you work for them. I've always wanted a Marvel Lego game, and when I heard they were making one I was ecstatic! I've been waiting anxiously since the announcement and as soon as Midnight hit i was right there buying it. I rushed home and threw it in faster then a lot of recent games and began my journey into the Marvel universe, and let me tell you, it has not disappointed yet. I'm about 3 hours in and having a blast! It's creative, the characters are AWESOME to play around with, and I like the path they've chosen in going about missions. If not familiar with Lego games, you need to know to not take them serious, but as is. I would say my only negative experience so far is a few of the characters voices I feel don't fit that character, while others work well. Maybe it's because I've been exposed to actors that portray these characters on the big screen, but it is a Lego game and you can't exactly throw in Robert Downy Jr's sarcasm into a game that a lot of children play, so I let it be and hasn't taken away from the game at all for me. In my opinion, I feel those who really enjoy lego games will have a blast, and I think those unfamiliar with the games but love Marvel, can have a lot of gun with it if they take it for what it is. I'm giving this a 9/10 from what I've played so far. Go out and grab yourself this game! Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    The Lego franchise keeps growing and that's a wonderful thing. Lego Marvel is comparative to Batman 2, lots of non-stop action with many amazing characters. The games starts off with a bang when you play as Hulk and Iron Man.
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    Never before has a game so frustrated, with total brilliance, yet also with some real issues too. I'll explain further.......

Following on from the Sublime Lego Batman 2, Lego Marvel rounds-up or most of the Marvel universe in what seems to be, pretty much like the Lego Batman series, a mix of comic, movie and cartoon/tv series all wrapped-up in an ongoing storyline that wends its
    merry way chaotically, involving so many recognizable faces that at certain points, you will have a grin so permanently fixed to your face it may take a week to remove it!! Couple this with some lovely graphics and sound, great missions and puzzles, and a wonderful ability to free-roam (that other developers of sandbox games should perhaps take note) and you would think that this game should be a 10 right? So now you're asking, why the 8?

In my view this game was rushed out to the shelves without being thoroughly tested. The game will randomly freeze at at times (and not all in the same place), there are glitches present that at the very least will make you smile (Ironman falling off a cliff consistently and dying, and the fact that I couldn't do anything about it, at least made me smirk a little), and at worst will make you either quit and restart the level you're on, or worse, have to restart your system.

The game also feels generally unfinished, with screen-tearing present everywhere, and some horrendous loading waits. Its really sad, because this is one of the best games of the year (and a must if you've even at least seen The Avengers or X-Men 1 or 2!!), but it really needs to be patched as soon as possible.

Very good, but as I've said, if it is patched, and fixed, then it could be a classic.
  7. Nov 21, 2013
    Lego Batman 2 was my favorite Lego game... until now. Lego Marvel Super Heroes is amazing. I've for this game for months and now I have it and I'm really enjoying it. Spider-Man and Deadpool are probably the funniest characters in the game. Troy Baker did a great job as Loki. Stan Lee was also in the game! I had a lot of fun playing as the big figs such as Hulk and Abomination. There were some characters that I wanted to see but they weren't in it such as Iron Monger, Scorpion, Vision, and Ultron. Also, I'm glad I signed that petition to include a Venom big fig Expand
  8. Nov 17, 2013
    Best Lego Game To Date Thanks to Clever Story Telling, Open World, Humour, Variety Of Characters, And More. Just A Excellent Game Should Make A Sequel.
  9. Nov 29, 2013
    It's been a long time since LEGO Star Wars came out, and the latest entry, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, shows exactly how far the series has come. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is without a doubt the best LEGO Game so far, not because of the gameplay so much as the heart that went into the latest entry.

LEGO Super Heroes plays like previous LEGO games, being simplified, fun, and light-hearted.
    However, one thing the LEGO series has always tried to do is put a lot of effort into the franchises their games are based on. This absolutely shines in LEGO Marvel. Almost every character you play as has a unique air about them. Even though character's share similar abilities, the game usually does a good job of making them seem different. For example, Spider-Man and Wolverine have the same ability, but as Spider-Man, it's called a Spider sense. Whereas when you're Wolverine, it's a Feral Sense. It may seem like the same thing, but the different color schemes and ways they're used are what give the abilities a unique feel. Also, every character has similar powers, but you won't find two heroes with the exact same powers. Spider-Man and Wolverine can both crawl on walls, and both have a sense, but Wolverine can't swing from webs, and Spider-Man can't use his claws to dig in the ground. What I also loved about the heroes is that they're based on both the comic book versions of themselves, as well as the movie versions. If you've read the comic books and seen the movies, you'll see hints at both in the game.

The gameplay is very simple, like it is in most LEGO games. However, combat in the game is also where the hero's uniqueness shines through. During combat, pressing the square button can initiate attack animation on enemies, and every character has at least two that are specific to the character. Iron Man will fly to an enemy and throw them, Spider-Man will swing enemies in a circle above his head, and Hulk will slam enemies around like he did Loki in the Avengers. Also, every character has some form of ranged attack. Holding the square button will bring up a targeting reticle, almost every character has, save for big guys like Hulk or Abomination. Iron Man will shoot rockets, Black Widow will fire guns, and Captain America will throw his shield. Even characters who don't have a ranged weapon, will still have a ranged attack, like lunging for Wolverine, although these attack are more limited.

The missions have a classic LEGO style of gameplay, which means fighting enemies and solving the small puzzles to help you progress. Outside of levels, there's a whole open world New York to explore, with plenty of side activities and collectibles to keep you busy for a long time.

The soundtrack is for the most part drab. However, there are a couple of heroic soundtracks which sound very well.

The voice acting was well donel, with almost every voice fitting the character they're playing. I was very happy to see Nolan North and Steve Blum return as the voices of Deadpool and Wolverine, and to see some other big names, like Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker in the line-up as well. The only voice over who stuck out as lacking was Iron Man's. The guy they got to play Iron Man was not a good, as his voice was ill-fitting, and sounded more like an adult version of Spider-Man.

Despite my praise of the game so far, LEGO Marvel has its share of negatives. The gameplay gets old very fast. Using the same repetitive combat and small puzzle solving over and over again eventually got to me. Despite the side activities in New York, the games repetitiveness caused me to step away from the game every couple of hours because I got bored. That's why I enjoyed LEGO Lord of the Rings more. In Lord of the Rings, there were multiple game change ups throughout the story, despite that the game was on a fixed story line. I was hoping to see the same here in LEGO Marvel, but I was disappointed to see hardly anything game changing. The Boss Fights suffer because of the lack of change. Even though some bosses were awesome, a few (like Red Skull), were lack luster.

Also, a key mechanic in Lord of the Rings was the character selection wheel, which helped greatly to navigate all the characters. Even though the character count never got above five, it still did get on my nerves some of the time. This mechanic was sacrificed mainly to allow Hulk to turn back into Bruce Banner, and back again, but the sacrifice ultimately wasn't worth it, especially considering that ability was used once in the story. What I also don't get is that the selection wheel could've been linked to a shoulder button, but wasn't. What's LEGO's problem with those buttons?!

Overall, despite my complaints, LEGO Marvel is an exceptional game, and worthy of your money and time if you're a LEGO fan. If you're not a big LEGO fan, LEGO Marvel probably isn't the game for you, especially if the LEGO series couldn't entertain you before hand.
  10. Dec 1, 2013
    Though on paper this game may just seem that Travelers Tales is just dishing out the same old formula with a new paint job. But this game introduces a whole new stack of features that just make the game come full circle. Starting off this game is absolutely gorgeous on the PS3, the lightning and the environments are just fantastic. Speaking of environments, they are so varied between missions ranging from Stark Tower to the good old Baxter Building with tons of collectibles to keep you coming back with new characters and approaches. Almost all of Marvels 50 years worth of characters show up with tons of nods to previous Marvel movies and comic book franchises. TT has made the largest and most diverse world ever for a LEGO game. Though this game does come with its flaws, though the game is big and massive in scope for a LEGO, it would be nice to see something as big and diverse as GTA V, though that might be exaggerating because TT has never done a game this big before and i do applaud them for trying something new. The combat does get repetitive very quickly, with only 1 attack button (square) and a limited move set, fights seem to really drag on, especially in the boss fights, which are impressive in the first 5 seconds but become just a painful, cliche'd boss fight. The screen can also become cluttered with enemies whilst in a fight, with one or two people or characters it's alright and passable, but when add a third and a fourth you can't even tell which character is yours. Though cons aside, the pros do outweigh them by a milestone and the game is just hours upon hours of just sheer joy and nostalgia do anyone that enjoys Marvels films and comic books. TT has made a game that is aimed at kids who don't know anything about superheros to the big man child that will always appreciate Marvel and TT Expand
  11. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. My only complaint is I think the lego games needs to go the way of LBP. Let us make our own levels and match up who we want to match up with. Other then that this game is so much fun and plus it is a good game to play with the kids but there is enough fan service to make the people that grew up with Marvel decades ago (I'm 41) smile when you see all the characters. Major plus just to go and explore Marvel New York city. Expand
  12. Apr 21, 2014
    This possibly the equal best ever LEGO/TT Games release. A fun packed open world, continued TT Games humour, heaps of characters, and fun gameplay. LEGO seems to improve each time in their games, and this hopefully means even greater games to come.

Despite the glitichy-ness it is still a great family friendly game.
  13. Jun 1, 2014
    Awful controls, awful camera angles, awful roster - scientist? damage control? Not all buttons are used for playing and some buttons have 2 functions while O does nothing - example deadpool. No funny jokes, asgard pack DLC sucks(8 characters and 5 of them are copy and paste characters with only one action button and other 3 are mehh, not gonna use them)
    This game is not worth its money.
  14. Jul 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. People there are more superhero LEGO games only for DC Comics such as Lego Batman the video game.
    Lego batman 2 DC superheroes and even one in space LEGO batman beyond Gotham and only LEGO batman the video game has the characters batman others are the justice league

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Lego and Marvel are a match made in heaven. The game is by far Traveller's Tales' best achievement. Although the action degenerates still to monotonous button-smashing. Hopefully this is fixed in the next game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Lego Star Trek. [Dec 2013]
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    The rich Marvel Universe and Traveller’s Tales’ Lego series is a match made in heaven – instead of dozens of bland droids, pirates or guards this time we got the roster of over 100 interesting and varied characters. The gameplay remained mostly unchanged and is rather easy but there is always something cool going on to keep you interested. The best Lego game to date. [01/2014, p.60]
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes might just be the perfect game to keep kids occupied these holidays, as it’s crawling with familiar faces, voices and some downright charm. Just be cautioned however, as several flaws may make you angry. And you wouldn’t like this game when you get angry.