LIMBO PlayStation 3

7.8

1. Oct 10, 2012
    A dark and beautiful puzzler, Limbo is best played alone, in the dark, with the sound cranked all the way up. With no HUD, no clues, three commands, and a story that lets you interpret it, Limbo serves as a breath of fresh air to the side-scrolling industry. Too bad one or two play-throughs is its maximum replay value before things get old, fast.
  2. Aug 6, 2011
    Yeah, it is a great looking game and it starts amazingly well, alone, in the forest, everything is new and dangerous, there is no sound except your footsteps... And I was hoping the game would stay like this, organic. I enjoyed surviving the sewers and the rooftops but the last segment in which physics are controlled by little arrows in boards, I just don't get it it felt like at thatYeah, it is a great looking game and it starts amazingly well, alone, in the forest, everything is new and dangerous, there is no sound except your footsteps... And I was hoping the game would stay like this, organic. I enjoyed surviving the sewers and the rooftops but the last segment in which physics are controlled by little arrows in boards, I just don't get it it felt like at that point, developers lost the imagination and creativity and decided to give you a last half-hour of saws and weird annoying gravity shifting gameplay. That pretty much killed the love I had for the first 2 hours (the game only lasted 2:30 hours) I hope that if they make a limbo 2 they would consider keeping it more natural, it helped me immersing into the game. It it just helps with the overall sense of real danger unlike diving head-first into a saw because now the roof is the floor :) Expand
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    So hard to evaluate. The art style was great and the controls were fine. I wasn't crazy about the stark lack of music, which I think contributed to my biggest problem with the game--it just felt empty, somehow. I'm sure they accomplished what they set out to do, but I just don't know how much I ever enjoyed myself.
  4. May 11, 2012
    Sure, the style is nice, it has some surprises and the physics and puzzles are combined well. But the game just didn't get me hooked due to the lack of story, the repetitive gameplay and environments.
  5. Nov 6, 2011
    I played the demo on the 360 when it first came out so, naturally when I heard it was going to the PSN I had to get it. I thought this game was completely unique and interesting. The art style is obviously really neat and unique as well. However, that being said, this game got controller shattering hard towards the end. You can see what you have to do and the physics just do not want toI played the demo on the 360 when it first came out so, naturally when I heard it was going to the PSN I had to get it. I thought this game was completely unique and interesting. The art style is obviously really neat and unique as well. However, that being said, this game got controller shattering hard towards the end. You can see what you have to do and the physics just do not want to let you do it! Talk about frustrating. Overall, I still enjoyed the game, I just am not sure if I would play it a second time around. Expand
  6. Jun 11, 2014
    Lots of trial-and-error moments, simple interaction (move,jump,interact), abrupt ending. Just as it was introducing some interesting mechanics, the game ended. There's not much to spoil about it. It could have been a Flash-game if it had less polish. One of the few physics-puzzlers on PSN. The challenges were very varied, and it rarely reused a mechanic or puzzle. A few solutions surprisedLots of trial-and-error moments, simple interaction (move,jump,interact), abrupt ending. Just as it was introducing some interesting mechanics, the game ended. There's not much to spoil about it. It could have been a Flash-game if it had less polish. One of the few physics-puzzlers on PSN. The challenges were very varied, and it rarely reused a mechanic or puzzle. A few solutions surprised me and reminded me of some physics ideas. If it had provided more confrontation with the limbo inhabitants or constructors, it would have left a deeper impression. But it's impressive that a small team, and such a small conventional puzzle game, can leave so few complaints while looking like its minimalism was an active choice and an ideal. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2014
    Some nice puzzles and mechanics but the world is pretty dull and lifeless and there isn't much incentive for me to keep playing after dying quite a lot, in other words the game is not very rewarding which is disappointing as they could of had some more incentive to keep playing like a good story the game would be great, but two thirds into the game there is literally no plot so far.
  8. Aug 21, 2015
    nice.easy.smart puzzles. i like the black and and white art style and the atmosphere of a wicked dream. but all the time i had the feeling that something is missing.

1. Sep 25, 2011
    There are no hints, no HUD, just lots of physics puzzles to be solved. [Nov 2011, p.93]
  2. Sep 16, 2011
    Oozing atmosphere and filled with deliriously evil puzzles, it's a beautifully crafted game that becomes impossible to put down. [Issue#209, p.98]
  3. A truly artistic and brilliant piece of design. [Oct 2011, p.112]