• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2012
6.9

1. Nov 6, 2012
    I was really skeptical about this game at first. I didn't think that it would have the look and feel of an authentic LBP game. Boy was I wrong. The narration, music, and style is all authentic LBP. Once I played the beta that this game would deliver and it did.
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    this game is crazy. the editor is amazing- way more involved than mod nation racers or little big planet. you can build everything. everything that you can imagine! spaceships flown by dinosaurs! toasters that shoot popsicles! flying games! racing games! top-down games! whatever you want!
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    Take two great PS3 titles, LittleBigPlanet and Modnation Racers, and put them together. What do you get? One amazing game. The customization is just as good as the previous games. You could spend hours making your dream kart. The story and community races are fun, but sometimes the AI can be pretty annoying. Creating levels are fun... when you figure out how to use the hundreds of objects and tools. The multiplayer is also very enjoyable for the most part. Overall the game may have a flaw or two here and there, but if you like wacky racers or you are a fan of LBP, this is a pretty hard title to overlook. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2012
    Better than mario kart. I have all systems, and to me it is alot better than mario kart. The graphics are awesome and united front did a really good job making it feel like other LBP games. It's really fun!

Don't listen to the negative reviews here, probably just mario fans, who swear this is copying mario kart, when in fact they fail to realize that kart games are a sub-genre of
    racing, any publisher can make a kart game, mario is just part of the same genre. is MLB the show a clone of MLB2k? NO because they are part of the same genre.

The thing about mario kart is that it gets boring after awhile because the tracks get old. Mirrored tracks are not new tracks, lol. You won't have this problem in LBP karting because you can create your own tracks and karts, and play tracks others have created, make your own weapons from scratch. Unlimited new tracks by people all around the world. You can also have a go at the 50 levels designed by united front.You can recreate mario kart tracks if you want. The editing tool is powerful. You're only limited by your imagination. And if your not good at creating, than just make a kart dress up your sackboy and play on the unlimited new tracks being uploaded everyday. To you mario fans, i understand, i do, you like nintendo, you grew up playing mario kart, no one will ever change your mind, you think mario kart is better and you always will, your a nintendo fan. You would never admit LBP karting is better, even if you knew it. I get that. But as a owner of all systems, without a doubt LBP karting is alot better it really is, sorry, and the sad part is you guys may never play it, just because its not made by nintendo. If you like LBP this is a MUST BUY. If you like kart racing and unlimted new tracks, and customization this is a MUST BUY.
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    I am going to judge the game by what it is, not what it is not.

The game feels so fresh and infinite with creativity. The customization is only limited to the content you can work with. The create mode may seem tricky at first, but the controls actually work out very well once learned to create masterpiece tracks or minigames. I remember someone making a platformer back in the beta,
    and there is even a FPS game on it. Even if you're not the biggest fan of karting, the create mode has the tools to make it comparable to LittleBigPlanet 3D.

The music is nicely chosen and fits will with the game. I'm glad to see a couple musicians from the previous games back such as Matt Clark. Not only that, but the narration by Stephen Fry has an inventive tone that is so crisply voiced that just buying the game to hear Stephen Fry might even be worth it. You get your bang for the buck with this game. Ignore the critical reviews against it; this LittleBigPlanet game is just as good as any other.
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    As you can see, the majority of reviewers say this is a solid game; it is too! Here is a list of my improvements over MNR. Then I will follow it up with a list of "needs improvement/patch." Improvements: 1. It has a true theme (LBP Universe). 2. Shorter Load Times 3. Weapon Variety 4. Event Variety (Races/Death Match/Egg Capture) 5. Amazing Track Theme Variety (Played a course that looked like Tron)!

Needs Improving/Patch:
    1. Online XP or Level Ranking-I can't believe there is nothing online that distinguishes a player's ability or skill. Please add something!
  7. Nov 12, 2012
    [PT-BR] Quem curte os jogos da franquia LittleBigPlanet e quem se divertiu muito com ModNation Racers do PS3 com certeza não irá se arrepender, o jogo segue a mesma mecânica, praticamente nada foi mudado na engine do MNR, mas a imersão no mundo LBP é enorme, personagens conhecidos e a fórmula pra criar e compartilhar que só LBP tem, estou adorando o jogo, nota 10... Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Great game. The creation portion of it is fantastic, like all other LBP's. You have tutorials teaching you how to do every little thing, and can create anything your mind can come up with. The story is a good amount of fun, especially with friends or family. The karts handle well and you can also customize them. One of the best racing games I've ever played!
  9. Dec 13, 2012
    I expected this to be just ok, but now that I've got my hands on it, I'm really very impressed! As an LBP fan, I really appreciate all their attention to detail, the revitalization of prior LBP motifs, and how versatile they made the editor. The game seems more fun than the beta had been. And the brilliant player made levels already popping up are a good sign that the community is already getting revved up! Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is a must have for anyone who enjoys either of the littlebigplanets, once the creators get a hold of the new system, there wont be another kart racer that can beat it.
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    It may not be the LittleBigPlanet 3 I'm still waiting for, however this is most definitely a LittleBigPlanet game, and it shows. It has the fun, lighthearted entertainment you've come to expect from the franchise. The racing is exciting and fun, the mini-games are well done, and the story is just as wondrous as ever. Combine that with the potential high-quality user-made content that we're used to in a LBP title, and you've got a really solid release. Absolutely recommend picking this one up. Expand
  12. Nov 9, 2012
    Anybody who enjoys kart racing needs to pick this game up. Don't fall into the trap of negative critics. This game is packed with great levels, an online community which is already recreating our Mario Kart favorites, and familiar mechanics for anybody who has 2 hands. This is a game you can play with advanced gamers, girlfriends, wives, and children. With tons of collectables and different kinds of battle levels, you'll get plenty of replayability in this game. I know my family is loving it! Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2012
    The whole idea of LittleBigPlanet taking on kart racing worried me at first, but the moment I got my hands on it, I couldn't put it down. Being able to customize your Sackboy and karts couldn't be any funner. And don't get me started on the create mode. All in all this game deserves more recognition than it gets.
  14. Nov 23, 2012
    best karting game on the PS3, similar to Modnation racers without the awful loading times. the game comes with 71 courses and has thousands more online, as customizable as LBP and as fun as Modnation racers. personaly i dont understand why its got a low score from all the critics, i mean even F1 karting score is only just lower than LBP Karting and even though awful it only has a hand full of track with codemasters charging for extra as DLC, if you want a fun karting game then LBP Karting is the choice to make. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    There is no end to what this game can become! I've been playing since midnight the day they released it. Every day I find something new I can create it play! Its new and parts of the game isn't available yet ( crossover from the other lbp's) the tools are tricky and take time to learn be it is well worth doing! With the first update I do hope ppl's give it a chance and not kill the game before it gets started! Race ya soon ~!~ Expand
  16. Dec 9, 2012
    I was a bit concerned because of some of the reviews but bought the game anyway because it looked like a fun littlebigplanet game with racing. Not disappointed with my purchase. They reviews seem inaccurate for me because this game is loads of fun and has all the charm of previous LBP games.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    I think that this game is great! A lot of games now are competitive but this game brings you back to the noncompetitive, sure its challenging but it almost never makes you rage. The level building system is great! Tutorials are spot on. It can be hard to make a level but that just shows how much of YOU, you put in the level.
  18. Nov 6, 2012

Needs Improving/Patch:

1. Jan 25, 2013
    LittleBigPlanet Karting includes a toolset which players can use to build visually and mechanically imaginative creations; which I suppose is the most important thing to nail when creating a LittleBigPlanet game. United Front has done that swimmingly.
  2. Jan 24, 2013
    Clunky, unpolished and altogether flimsy. [Feb 2013, p.73]
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    Worth checking out, especially if you're interested not only in racing with your kid on split screen, but also in tackling the powerful but not very friendly editor. [1/2013, p.65]