• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.7

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Probably the most overrated game of recent years. The idea off the community making all kinds of levels and sharing them is amazing. However, what's the point if the gameplay is aweful? The sackthings are uncontrollable and playing this game is just a chore.
    This last one is just opinion, but I'm not a fan of the world created here either. Everything is made out of cardboard or something? Don't like it at all.
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    I bough this, played for about a half hour, and have not put it in my PS3 since... Seems fun however I will not finish playing it because I absolutly can not stand the fact that you have to use the goddamn control stick to move... It is a side scroller/platformer and the PS3 has a D-pad(not sure what to call it?) so there is no excuse why I can't use it...
  3. Oct 1, 2012
    Little credit can be ascribed to this title. Its appearance and overall tone is ugly. It is not for everyone at all, and is very childish and patronising even though it's not aimed specifically at children. They really couldn't have done worse in terms of graphical style, characters and context. While levels and gameplay elements can vary, the actual difference controls-wise is notLittle credit can be ascribed to this title. Its appearance and overall tone is ugly. It is not for everyone at all, and is very childish and patronising even though it's not aimed specifically at children. They really couldn't have done worse in terms of graphical style, characters and context. While levels and gameplay elements can vary, the actual difference controls-wise is not noticeable. It is a VERY boring platformer and brings almost no new innovations to the classic genre. It may be co-operative but it isn't fun, has one of the cheesiest and worst soundtracks and overall it's neither challenging, satisfying nor fun to play. I don't see why critics are praising this game, other than its lousy attempt at making a 7th-gen platformer for the masses. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2012
    Incredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but aIncredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but a good game must have a good storyline (yes even in platformers) and this game certainly does not have one. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    Awful game. When I see multiple Game of the Year awards I get excited. But LittleBIgPlanet offers nothing new. The ability to create, play and share user generated content has been in other games already. The jumping is also awful. Which is the most important part of any platforming game. I can't recommend this game to anyone but 5 year old kids.
  6. Dec 20, 2010
    Wooooow, this game isn't just bad, it's horrid. It looks like something a stupid 3 year old would play. This game is bad with a capital B! Graphics were awful and game play was trash. It's an attempt at a platformer and it failed. I mean, a sack kid as a main character? Really!? This game has no skill involved. It's stupid, lame and a waste of time!
  7. Oct 16, 2010
    LittleBigPlanet is one of the most overrated games on this console generation.For me,this game was just boring and repeative crap.I can´t understand what´s so amazing about this game
  8. Aug 21, 2010
    I can see how people liked this game. But I didn't. I personally believe that games should be able to stand up on single player alone. LBP does the opposite of that. Furthermore, it is just far too boring to create a beautiful level. Downloadling levels off PSN is terrible too. Sure, there are excellent levels, but most are terrible, and I'm not wading though a river of sewage to find one diamond.
  9. LukeM.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  10. BenTen
    Oct 15, 2009
    This is the worst game i've played for PS3, its not challanging at all, it gets borring really fast, I got to admit, the graphics are kind of nice and cute, but the gameplay is worse than that of some flashgames.
  11. guy!
    Sep 25, 2009
    SERIOUSLY OVERRATED!! 95?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!!???!!! this is the dumbest game i've ever played on the ps3, and has the platfrom BS i'd expect from a supernintendo. Everything about this game is just awful, basically, ur a doll hopping on platforms through a seriously F'd up gaming world. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it causes autism for the next generation.
  12. Seppotaalasmaa
    Aug 12, 2009
    This game is too overrated crap. Only reason why this have so big score couse its "child-friendly" and "special" and different than other games. This is just a game what the developers did for money. I dont understand why this level editor-system is so "amazing". there are many more creative games with level editors and character editors. You'll get bored to this in 2 weeks... notThis game is too overrated crap. Only reason why this have so big score couse its "child-friendly" and "special" and different than other games. This is just a game what the developers did for money. I dont understand why this level editor-system is so "amazing". there are many more creative games with level editors and character editors. You'll get bored to this in 2 weeks... not worth of money, not worth of time Expand
  13. GamingN
    Jul 27, 2009
    Beginning gears you up for more than it obtained once you have created numerous sack outfits and personalities the hype has died out. The large multitude of levels and worlds to explore become so repetitive it is painful to finish. I definitely expected more from this game of my "dreams" however I experienced a daytime nightmare while I was awake.
  14. ShawnD
    Jun 28, 2009
    This game is not worth $60. It's a simple platforming game you would expect to see on a Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo, not a PS3. It's worth renting from the video store, but spending $60 is just a waste.
  15. WilfGlover
    Mar 8, 2009
    A greatbig pile of $*** One of the worst games I have played on in my life
    and even worse the part that advertises the game "unlimeted stages...new ones made everyday"
    half of them are rubbish and you can get somegames like that for free online
    so to put a $50 dollar label on it
    ... it's a disgrace
  16. KayNitro
    Dec 2, 2008
    Innovation and fun are two different things, while this game is probably one of the most innovative games to come out this year, its also very boring and repetitive . The lack of story or goal makes this game hard to get into, you are not feuled by your motivation to find out what happens next, but that is just the story mode which is not great. The online isn't excellent either, it Innovation and fun are two different things, while this game is probably one of the most innovative games to come out this year, its also very boring and repetitive . The lack of story or goal makes this game hard to get into, you are not feuled by your motivation to find out what happens next, but that is just the story mode which is not great. The online isn't excellent either, it may take you hours to find a decent level, some levels that are rated highly aren't even good so its hard to go by what the raters have said like the Mirrors Edge level, that got over 20000 hearts yet the level has an awful design and is stupidly hard. Most of the time if you are playing online line the game will lag BADLY, and you will teleport across the screen frustratingly. Speaking of frustraing, what were they thinking putting a life system into the game? You could spend 20 minutes playing a really hard level, and if you mess up 4 times, you have to start at the beginning, that is very stupid because you can't judge levels if you can't even finish them. The controls are stupid as well, sometimes your Sackboy will attract to different objects, so he will jump towards something that you do not want to jump to. Sometimes if you jump off a ledge he wont react and drop off, and jumping varies in height from time to time. Sackboys jumping distance is not great, and lacks any moves other than Jump, Grab and Slap, slapping isn't fun either because once you slap, you are stuck for 2 seconds and cannot move, giving the other player time to slap back. Now to the create mode. This is what sealed the deal for me, and insured I'd not be wasting any money, creating can leave you sitting for 6 or 7 hours watching tutorials, and its not like you can avoid tutorials, you have to watch, some features take common sense but there is a tutorial anyway, not giving you an option to see the tutorial or not, the create mode has an incredibly steep learning curve that an 8 year old or a parent cannot master, it would require a week to figure how to do this stuff, its not as simple as they make it, imagination is not your limit as they say, its actually your understanding of the create mode that stands between you making a level just how you imagine it, which is almost impossible, the navigation system could have been more simple as well. Sorry its just overrated Expand
  17. TomRadd
    Dec 1, 2008
    OK, before I tell you what I think about the game let me briefly explain my background on this: Im a pretty 'early adopter' of the PS3 system. I like it a lot, enjoy many of the games. I feel from a general entertainment perspective (i.e. not just games, also video / internet / BluRay / etc etc), there is no comparable system on the market currently. I've been eagerly OK, before I tell you what I think about the game let me briefly explain my background on this: Im a pretty 'early adopter' of the PS3 system. I like it a lot, enjoy many of the games. I feel from a general entertainment perspective (i.e. not just games, also video / internet / BluRay / etc etc), there is no comparable system on the market currently. I've been eagerly anticipating LBP from day one. I instantly fell in love with the first trailers, the cute Sackboy character, the phantastic music score in the trailers. I have to admit, I then almost lost interest in the title, almost forgot about it, due to the constant launch delays. However when the game eventually came out, I felt I had to buy not. Not so much because I still really really wanted it bad, but because it was one of those titles I had 'planned' to buy ever since I bought my PS3 1.5 yrs ago. Oh, and another thing, I consider myself a gamer who enjoys new game concepts. I think there's nothing more exciting than experiencing a new and well-crafted game concept that tries something new in an inspired and well-devised way. I'm even ready to accept a number of flaws in a game, if I can tell that the underlying concept is really exciting and new. (Point in case: Assassin's Creed - certainly a game with quite a number of flaws, but the general underlying idea ist great. Even though the game has issues, I could still enjoy it a lot due to its general 'vision' that simply clicked with me.) OK, so I bought LBP. First letdown when I looked at the info on the game box: it's only 720p!!! Somehow, I think from the trailers, I was under the impression this was a 1080p game. Not the case.
    Huge disappointment! But what the heck, I thought, let's move on. So I installed it. To make things short: I invested about two sessions of about 45 minutes each into this thing, and I dont't think I'll ever play it again. It's one of the most boringt bits of software / games / whatever I've ever played. As a matter of fact, I haven't even gotten past the first few tutorial levels (at least I assume that I was still in a tutorial environment, as it felt like one). I have never even gotten the chance of playing an actual level or one of those 'user generated levels' simply because I DIDNT GET THERE!!! The tutorial is incredibly boring, most of the time your character just stands around watching unbelievably long explanatory videos with a narrator that talks soooooo slow... I probably should've gotten suspicious in the very beginning when the opening credits where mostly a gallery of photographs (!!!!!!) of the development team... Anyway... Bottom line: what we have got here is what happens when clever developers show a cute little demo with a cute little character (Sackboy) to some marketing guys, tell them a lot of bull about user generated content blah blah social networking blah blah 'the youtube of the gamers community' blah blah... I think Sony is just generally pretty open to that kind of bull (point in case: Home -- I BET by now this is going to be the next big boring disappointment -- at least the symptoms are the same: feels right at first sight, then launch date is pushed more and more...). The only thing that really worries me about all this (apart from the fact that I should've spent my money for something else) is that the game keeps getting all these phantastic high scores. What is wrong with these reviewers? Are they all bribed or are they afraid they're considerd "not cool" if they do not give this game 100%??? End of text. Oh, why do I rate this game "1" instead of "0"? There's one really nice background tune in the game. I liked that. Shame it's the best part about the game.
  18. joehasham
    Nov 30, 2008
    this game drops from a 9/10 down to a 2/10 due to the killing of the user created contnet community by the developers over zealous moderation of user created contnet
    as it stands all the good levels in LBP have been deleted an blocked from being shared online again
    way to cut off the hand that feeds you
  19. chrisestes
    Nov 28, 2008
    Just played online. It is terrible. This game is all hype. A certain type of payola obviously exists in the gaming world. If you want a game where you can build your own levels, buy Excite Bike. If you are thinking about buying this game, please rent it first. -That way you will only be out $5. There is a reason you cannot demo this game online - if you could you would never buy it.
  20. SebR.
    Nov 19, 2008
    This game is one of the reasons why I traded my PS3 in. I just got gradually fed up that all the good games were either multi-platform or on other platforms, and that FF13 will both be out on XBox and PS3. When LBP came out, I was thrilled, because of the review... ...Only to find a game I played for about 30 minutes before getting utterly bored. Sure, the first few levels are fun, but This game is one of the reasons why I traded my PS3 in. I just got gradually fed up that all the good games were either multi-platform or on other platforms, and that FF13 will both be out on XBox and PS3. When LBP came out, I was thrilled, because of the review... ...Only to find a game I played for about 30 minutes before getting utterly bored. Sure, the first few levels are fun, but seriously: how much time can someone possibly spend working with/against the same gravity engine, doing the same thing, solving the same puzzles, over and over AGAIN? Not even the races are fun. Plus, the game is geared torwards, what, 10-year-old kids? That does not help, either, and there's no way to skip dialogues entirely. Half of the features are pointless, and let's not mention custom stages. I tried a few, all of them boiled down to the same thing. Plus sides are the credits at the start (which I thought to be really ingenious) and general graphics. The sackboy idea, however, is another failed avatar idea (much like what XBox live brought us today). Mind you, I'm not a terrible fan of PS3, but I frankly expected better than this. Expand
  21. HarryL
    Nov 7, 2008
    Utter rubbish, played it for 10 minutes, and every level was as poor and cliche as the next, the story line is terrible, the graphics are the only thin i could see right with this game, and wiht its im not a dork, im a video game maker look to it, if you want to run around with fluffy animals and have a fun time with it, viva pinata is for you
  22. Simon
    Nov 6, 2008
    Why on earth is this game being rated so highly? I was playing games similar to this back in the days of the atari 2600, run, jump, run, jump some more. Innovation my arse. Do yourself a favour save £40 and download a snes emulator and play much better platformers for free.
  23. AaronChapman
    Nov 5, 2008
    This game is absolute rubbish. I'm sure microsoft would of done a better job with this. The PS3 will never stand up to the XBox 360 and Wii, and i am ashamed to admit it as i am a PS3 owner.
    If you want to discuss this further, add me on msn : lil-azza@hotmail.com
    Or talk to me on myspace =]
  24. StanKojima
    Nov 5, 2008
    Can't even get online for a little co-op play. All sort of server issues. I paid $60 plus tax for this. What a ripoff
  25. Anon
    Nov 5, 2008
    Hyped game, that really doesnt appeal, I thought PS3 was going to be the bloody gore monster of next gen... hmmm maybe they should have released this crap of a game at launch to get some better numbers... Sony is dumb, I loved the PS2, its not about the money, its how they are doing it...
  26. JeffG.
    Nov 4, 2008
    The game is average at best. With just really not that much to do, LBP will not keep you coming back.
  27. jewmcface
    Nov 3, 2008
    It's fun for about ...5 hours and then its complete shovelware.
  28. JayH.
    Oct 29, 2008
    There's nothing more to be said that hasn't been said before. It's a simple platformer with a level editor. I find the game harder than it should be because of the extremely loose controls and physics. Infuriating in some instances. The story mode cannot be played completely by a single person and every attempt to play online results in failure. However, I seem to be able There's nothing more to be said that hasn't been said before. It's a simple platformer with a level editor. I find the game harder than it should be because of the extremely loose controls and physics. Infuriating in some instances. The story mode cannot be played completely by a single person and every attempt to play online results in failure. However, I seem to be able to play community levels just fine. This game went from "I must beat it NOW!" to "If I get a few minutes I'll play it" very quickly. The level editor is nice, if you've got the patience. Expand
  29. HairyN.
    Oct 27, 2008
    This was the worst rpg i have ever played in my life. It takes way to long to level up your characters and the voice acting was terrible. I called Media Molecule about this and they told me if i ever called back they would kill my family. As you've probably already assumed I was outraged by this and retaliated with a very harsh "good day!" and left to cry in a corner. i would not This was the worst rpg i have ever played in my life. It takes way to long to level up your characters and the voice acting was terrible. I called Media Molecule about this and they told me if i ever called back they would kill my family. As you've probably already assumed I was outraged by this and retaliated with a very harsh "good day!" and left to cry in a corner. i would not recommend this game to any rpg fans out there and do not recommend you call the company either they are very violent this game received a zero do to the pointlessness and completely ridiculous turn based style. Expand
  30. JohnS.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Boring.. Not much more than your standard side scrolling platformer. Overhyped, pretty and run, jump run.. There are better examples on the market or this style of game and the editor for all of it's massive easy to use functionality is actually complex for the average user.
  31. NANA
    Oct 26, 2008
    First this game is made by the people that made rag doll rag doll kung fu a Half-life 2 mod. Then theres Garry's mod which is also a Half-life 2 mod and a addon for it called wire mod. So there is absolutely no way the developers can say they did not ripe off garry mod they worked on a mod for the same game so they had to of seen it more likely played it. Just you tube "garrys mod"First this game is made by the people that made rag doll rag doll kung fu a Half-life 2 mod. Then theres Garry's mod which is also a Half-life 2 mod and a addon for it called wire mod. So there is absolutely no way the developers can say they did not ripe off garry mod they worked on a mod for the same game so they had to of seen it more likely played it. Just you tube "garrys mod" and you will see.
    And for a game that is getting so much credit for being innovative its just really messed up that so few know about garrys mod if they did they would not be thinking this game was so inavative and just a rip off.

Please pass this on to other.
  32. AnthonyLongcock
    Oct 26, 2008
    Typical idealistic/marxist piece of garbage. Play as hitler and kill the jews? No Thanks. I do not support the extermination of hundreds of thousands if not millions. This game is pure garbage. Watch this game around children. There are breaking reports of swastikas visible in the fibers of the dolls.
  33. JacobB.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was disappointed after i got this gamewith the supposively good reviews. It basically is not even a game or it is a game without a goal. I would not reccommend.
  34. ScottR
    Oct 25, 2008
    Horrible game. is this suppose to be a "next generation" game? this game really lacks gameplay once you get past the pretty graphics and all. a definite pass for anyone that has common sense.
  35. CliffL.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Wow it is like the single player mode from smash brothers on the GC - what is the point in 2008? i wanna play games that have nice graphics and new gamplay - or massive guns and chainsaws.
  36. TD.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is the absolutely the dumbest idea ever. Besides the 10% of gamers who actually have the time to waste to create levels, no one will play this game. All it is, is a stupid old washed up platformer! This game blows!!!
  37. DmytrykD.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Slick all through but that's not saying much since there is so little gameplay unless you take about a weeks work of building level only to see yourself play through your own penbox. Except there's little fun to be had since you build it.
  38. EricH.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Got an early copy from Target! I can't stop playing this game, more specifically the level editor. There is so much potential and it just blows my mind how creative it lets you be. There is tons to do and create; I think this game is taking gaming in a whole new direction.
  39. TylerD.
    Oct 24, 2008
    This game I found to be really disappointing, the actual game play is horrible, if you are into the whole make your own levels then this is cool but if you just want to sit down and play this game is pretty mediocre. You'd be better off buying Viva Pinata, now that's a good game.
  40. MarkyMark
    Oct 24, 2008
    The game is a bit too much childish. All you do is create scrolling level and not fully 3-d and on top of that, the controls for the charcater is floaty. Don not buy this lame level creator, buy a true game creator for your PC to actually create something worth playing.
  41. RyanA.
    Oct 24, 2008
    See those older 5-star reviews from 2007 (one year before the game was released)? Well, they had a reason to be excited. LBP was supposed to be a revolutionary experience. Fast forward two years and here we have the finished product, ready to be installed on our hard drives. First of all, the game incorporates a draconian DRM system that requires you to activate over the internet, and See those older 5-star reviews from 2007 (one year before the game was released)? Well, they had a reason to be excited. LBP was supposed to be a revolutionary experience. Fast forward two years and here we have the finished product, ready to be installed on our hard drives. First of all, the game incorporates a draconian DRM system that requires you to activate over the internet, and limits you to a grand total of 3 activations. If you reach that limit, then you'll have to call Sony in order to add one extra activation. That's not as simple as it sounds, since when you reach that point Sony will assume that you, the paying customer, are a filthy pirating thief. You will need to provide proof of purchase, reasons why the limit was reached, etc, etc (it has all happened before with another recent Sony product, Home). Sony, of course, is not obligated to grant you that extra activation or even provide that service. In a couple of years they might very well even shut down the general activation servers, because "it's not financially feasible" to keep them running. What you will be left with is a nice, colorful $50 coaster. And you will be required to pay for another copy/license if you want to continue playing. This basically means that you are actually RENTING the game, instead of owning it. The game WILL stop to function in the future. That's inevitable, because even if Sony keeps the activation servers going, there IS going to be a time when Sony will simply cease to exist because of financial issues or federal laws (like most businesses eventually do). Second, the game was dumbed down to oblivion. Stickers don'tt even matter anymore. For example, you can add as many stickers to a creature as you want, but the multi-sticker creature won't be any faster than a single-sticker one with higher leg stats. This gameplay element makes "creating" your creatures entirely pointless (cosmetic only, because everything is based on stats), and brings you about the same amount of excitement as dressing up a sack doll. Metal Gear Solid 4 was a disappointment, I'm selling my PS3 one ebay to pay for a gaming PC. Expand
  42. SethC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay is simple to the point of idiocy....jump, run, jump, collect stuff, jump again, ad naseum. don't believe the hype for this game. Expand
  43. RickS.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Having been testing the game for the last month or so i have to say im disapointed. Being a game tested i do not normally comment on games as i go through so many in the year but this one was especially poor, very unoriginial game play and long long load times. Menus were difficult to get around and the game lacked any kind of luster. My suggestion is to buy an xbox360.
  44. FrankieM.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I was so excited for this game before the release. REALLY EXCITED, but when I bought it I knew the game was extremely over hyped. The game had clunky controls, my PS3 could barely play it because it lagged alot, the music sucked, and it crashed a couple times. I cannot believe I actually bought this shit, dont buy it, just save your money for a good game.
  45. DavidD.
    Oct 23, 2008
    The game sucks, its too hard to make own levels and campaign is over in less than 10 hours. Very basic platforming. This game should have been made in the Snes era becuz its features fall in that context.
  46. AndrewR.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I am very disapointed with LBP. I was in the beta and was impressed with the detail of the visuals. Thats it. It was kind of fun to play but very repetative. Also very offensive to some americans. I played one level where I flew a plane into the world trade center and onother where I had to escape off the top of the wtc building only to find every escape led to certain death. Because of I am very disapointed with LBP. I was in the beta and was impressed with the detail of the visuals. Thats it. It was kind of fun to play but very repetative. Also very offensive to some americans. I played one level where I flew a plane into the world trade center and onother where I had to escape off the top of the wtc building only to find every escape led to certain death. Because of these levels I have to vote the game 0/10 because of the recall over "offensive quran quotes". Even though I was excited to play originally I have canceled my preorder and I will be stayin clear of this game whos with me? Expand
  47. HarryJ.
    Oct 23, 2008
    The first time you play it or see it, it impress a lot, the "infinite posibilities", but thats all. It gets really boring if we assume that everybody is not a born level creator, without the level creator it sucks. the game is pretty, but i dont think it deserves a perfect score.
  48. JackJ.
    Oct 23, 2008
    A huge disappointment in my imo, and what happens? Everybody on the web posts a review of at least a score of 8 just because everybody else reviewed this game good. This is just like MGS4 (which was a great game), it also happened with Haze, if IGN gave the game a good rating, everybody else whould have kissed up to them.
  49. TomJ.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Good game if you want to make levels within a confined environment. garbage if you just want to play a game. the 50 included levels offer no continuity, even mario and sonic back in the day had a small underlying story. i think this game is great for casuals, but overall its a step backwards in gaming.
  50. GordonJ.
    Oct 22, 2008
    I managed to get one of the 'recalled' games. The physics is terrible. You can barely jump. Since this game is basically a platformer, and the jumping is nearly broken, I am extremely disappointed. They say they are working on a patch, well great, I've already played the game. Thanks a whole bunch.
  51. SonyDefenseForce
    Oct 21, 2008
    This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected with the disgusting Sony disease. After playing this game I wanted to kill myself. Expand
  52. SILOLauncher
    Oct 18, 2008
    I don't care if the game is great and its rated highly by the critics but it certainly sucks.The gameplay is repetitive and boring.They even offended Islam.Surely this is not my type of games.
  53. gRANTlYNN
    Oct 16, 2008
    Not fun - i have done this all before and its so fiddly - no competition and kinda sick of it already. boring for players unless youre a wannabe game designer- lame childish noises and characters with craptastic direction. A luvvies hype machine but a waste of time and money for regular consumers -
  54. joshualozano
    Oct 14, 2008
    The games slow pace is not for me. 2D side scrollers should not be $60 and the user created maps are all too similar.

There are NO real enemies!
    The Beta was fun for 2 hours-- I'm glad I checked it out but I'm not going to buy it.
  55. jimsmith
    Oct 14, 2008
    This game is really dumb, it lacks any kind of story, and really fails to appeal to any kind of gamer over the age of 4. Do yourself a favor and pass on this one because it is nothing more than a waste of time. It seems the PS3 fails once again to claim a good exclusive.
  56. AnonymousMC
    Oct 14, 2008
    Excellent game, solid platforming/puzzle/physics milkshake with a create-mode-cherry on top. LBP will live a long and prosperous life and make a new breed of gamers. If you need a reason to buy a PS3, this is it.

As for the score, I think this game needs an 11/10. Because there is no 11 on metacritic, lets assume the scores above 10 start from the beginning. Most people have already figured that out too!
  57. coolman
    Oct 12, 2008
    complete shit xbox 360 shits on this game it sux donkey ballz. They made mario except boring and shit. Instead of mario we have a grey puppet that's how imaginutive ps3 is.

Instead of sick 2d mario we have 3 depths which is fucken confusing and kills the game. The map creator is dull as fuck and only fun if your a spotty nerd who bumlick sony by making maps all your life for no

The map creator is dull as fuck and only fun if your a spotty nerd who bumlick sony by making maps all your life for no monies.

anyway all playslaves do is make penis levels because theres is so small that they need 2 make one on the game to wank each other off.

shit platformin and shit map making = shit game 0/10

1. There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.