LittleBigPlanet PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.8

1. Jan 25, 2011
    This game was a huge disappointment for me. I bought it right away for hefty price of 60 Euro because I had read all those positive reviews in magazines and all the hype on the internet over the LittleBigPlanet. The campaign was a lot of fun but way too short and too easy. It's fun playing a platformer with 4 people, but the lag that came with it was horrible and some of those people wereThis game was a huge disappointment for me. I bought it right away for hefty price of 60 Euro because I had read all those positive reviews in magazines and all the hype on the internet over the LittleBigPlanet. The campaign was a lot of fun but way too short and too easy. It's fun playing a platformer with 4 people, but the lag that came with it was horrible and some of those people were real idiots, ruining the game for the rest of us. The online levels were fun for a day, then they just lost their appeal. The most fun in the game was the editing of your sackboy, differentiating it from everyone else's sackboy, but even that gets boring after a while. Expand
  2. Oct 30, 2011
    Art direction, imagination, originality.. all over. It sucks to say it, but the controls are so BAD that it becomes nothing more than frustration that simply isn't worth continuing to put up with, no matter how cool the game is.
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    The user score is way to low. This is a great game! There is tons of content, being able to create your own platforming levels, play others created, play the levels with friends, and plenty of reason to go back to levels to get some items use missed the first couple times around. The art style is cool, and they stylize everything in a unique way. The presentation is the best I've seen inThe user score is way to low. This is a great game! There is tons of content, being able to create your own platforming levels, play others created, play the levels with friends, and plenty of reason to go back to levels to get some items use missed the first couple times around. The art style is cool, and they stylize everything in a unique way. The presentation is the best I've seen in any game ever - the way your little sackboy reacts to fire or spikes, and the yarn-world level selection menu. Granted, this game is not perfect, and didn't get a ten for a reason. The controls are frustrating and clunky, and the level design can get pretty basic, (though there are a few nice levels, and this is mostly made up for anyway through the player level creation). I recommend this game to people of all ages, so don't skip on it because it is not ridiculously violent. This is easily one of, if not the best PS3 exclusive game. Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2013
    One of the best exclusive platforming games of this generation great fun to play with family and friends. To have so many user friendly tools at your hands only enhances the great value this game offers I've never had so much fun collecting stickers before. This game gets a 9.4 from me and the seal of approval.
  5. Sep 6, 2013
    Sometimes in life it’s the little things that make you smile, hearing a cheesy joke from a good friend, perhaps finding a pound in your pocket, little big planet delivers this in an immaculate bundle of creative fun.
    Media Molecule has create a game that doesn’t strive to deliver complexes plot points or attempt to create the best possible dynamics at any given point. Instead they’ve done something a lot more ambitious, they have produced a beautiful sand box for players to fill with their imagination. Truthfully the only limit to this game is your own creativity.
    The game is divided in three very different experiences; the first is a ‘campaign’ where you are plunged onto little big planet from your ‘pod’ to experience what can only be described as one of gaming’s most random and spontaneous stories. I have no grievance to the chaos of the story, as a solid plot is not what the game is striving to achieve. Instead you are submerged into beautifully crafted play sets with vibrant areas, beautiful art style and extraordinary focus. Its hard to communicate what exactly brings these levels to life but its perfection can be put down to the sheer amount of love that has clearly been poured into this game at every level of production. As well as simply playing threw these platform levels you can explore to find ‘prize bubbles’ that will unlock new materials, stickers and music that you can then use in your own levels.
    This brings me to the second section of the game, ‘creator mode’. Here you start of with a set of tools that you can use to make anything from a simple car all the way to a vastly complicated Godzilla robot that can fire lava from its nostrils and crush cities. This mode can be as simple or complex as you want it to be, there are good tutorials at the beginning giving you the basics to have fun and more have been added with a patch, there are also countless publicly made tutorials that can teach you everything from making a trap door to how to make your own killer shark. When you have made something you’re proud of, you are then given a major opportunity and perhaps the most ambitious aim of media molecule yet, you can publish your work to the world.
    The final section of the game is the LBP community, with a few simple clicks you can publish your level so that the entire world can play it. A robust rating system will give you both feed back and praise and your work can easily rise up and even be placed on the world stage. The possibilities of this feature theoretically creates an infinite amount of content and although not all of this is worth playing the sheer concept of how much fun there is out there is mind-boggling.
    There are other features of this game that make it special, sack boy being one of them. This little sack of joy doesn’t utter a single line threw out the entire game, however the amount of communication portrayed threw his moment and facial expressions is staggering. He is truly one of the most loveable characters you’ll meet in a game, standing along side Sony mascots like Ratchet or Spiro. Another astonishingly impressive feature of this game is its music, with a large library of songs from the supper alternative band of ‘Battles’ to the Mexican band ‘‪Café Tacvba’, there is truly a wealth of interesting and appropriate music woven into the identity of this game.
    Last but not least is the inclusion of multi player. At any time, local and online friends can jump into your game. Hosting up to four players per party at any time the presents of others truly enriches the experience further, giving you access to new areas, multi player focused puzzles and games.
    Little Big Planet is a truly special game that doesn’t come around every generation. There really isn’t a target market for it as anyone with a soul can enjoy the humor, thrive with the creativity and have a little big load of fun.
  6. Sep 23, 2014
    You cannot find a bad thing about this game!! It's super fun, tons of laughs, lots of creativity, never get board, for all ages, the best online gaming and much much more. It is the greatest game this generation will ever play!!
  7. Aug 11, 2010
    The greatest game ever!!! Introducing an entirely new and awesome genre of gaming, PLAY,CREATE,SHARE. The super fun Story mode is just the beginning...Creating levels and sharing them with the world is a blast, and so is playing the community's levels.
  8. Sep 2, 2010
    Even thought the Little Big Planet's stage builder might be the best ever made, as a platformer, it's to easy, not really original and very repetitive.

When playing through the levels, I feel like the game gets boring pretty fast. The multiplayers only add a few hours of fun for there is only a few places where you can really take advantage of the co-op possibilities. My friends and I had more fun using the original head, body and arms control to make awkwards situations instead of running through levels. In the other hand, never before a game has offered that much options to build your own levels. Not only you can build levels, but with the vast list of tools and the awesome physics, you can also create enemies, rides and much more. If you are creative and talented, you might very well get stuck in this universe for months to come.

Buy it or not, It only depends on what you are looking for.
  9. Sep 6, 2010
    i think this game is your average platformer that is fun for about a week then goes stale like clams. It is extremely overrated. i only reccomend picking this up if you have kids 4-7. i have more fun with super monkey ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  10. Sep 15, 2010
    To truly enjoy this game, play with a friend or go online and join a game - the gameplay, puzzles and humour throughout this game can be lost when playing on one's own. However, other than the occasionally annoying plane switching mechanics, this is a thoroughly enjoyable game. The story will take you plenty of time to complete, without being overly long or drawn out, and the puzzles areTo truly enjoy this game, play with a friend or go online and join a game - the gameplay, puzzles and humour throughout this game can be lost when playing on one's own. However, other than the occasionally annoying plane switching mechanics, this is a thoroughly enjoyable game. The story will take you plenty of time to complete, without being overly long or drawn out, and the puzzles are mostly varied. Even once you've completed the story the unlockables offer much more game time, with prize bubbles to collect, bonus levels to unlock and other players' scores to beat. The level editor is also a great addition to this game and the community levels (which mainly consist of mini-games rather than full platforming levels) are some of the most fun you can have with a few mates on a console game. Expand
  11. Oct 12, 2010
    Looking at the User Score and seeing a 6.5 really broke my heart. Littlebigplanet is perfect. Its simple as that. It's essentially a side-scrolling platfomer starring Sackboy, your character, as he explores worlds in order to stop an evil collector. The story mode is fun and kid friendly but creation is where Littlebigplanet really shines. You can create your own levels using differentLooking at the User Score and seeing a 6.5 really broke my heart. Littlebigplanet is perfect. Its simple as that. It's essentially a side-scrolling platfomer starring Sackboy, your character, as he explores worlds in order to stop an evil collector. The story mode is fun and kid friendly but creation is where Littlebigplanet really shines. You can create your own levels using different materials and tools. Its really incredible what you can create but little kids can have trouble with the level creator because its so immense. After creating your dream level you can publish it online for others to play. There's literally millions of levels to play so you never ever get bored. Please just ignore the users' low scores this is an amazingly perfect title that must be experienced by any video game lover. Expand
  12. Nov 28, 2010
    For all those people who complain that either "the graphics are bad, this is boring, or this game sucks" do not listen to them. LittleBigPlanet is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Not only that but it is amazing and fun. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is dangerously addictive, and it is one of the best games avaliable right now (for all ages). If you own a PS3, and itFor all those people who complain that either "the graphics are bad, this is boring, or this game sucks" do not listen to them. LittleBigPlanet is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Not only that but it is amazing and fun. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is dangerously addictive, and it is one of the best games avaliable right now (for all ages). If you own a PS3, and it works, buy this game. Oh, bd get the game of the year addition. Good times. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2010
    Just when you thought the Playstation was lacking amazing exclusive's along comes LittleBigPlanet, you will see some review's from older audience's (And The Non-Creative) Among Us saying that it's a baby-ish child's game. Don't let that spoil your purchase idea's, if your buying a game for your children (I recommend around the ages from 5-15) this game is fun, if you don't likeJust when you thought the Playstation was lacking amazing exclusive's along comes LittleBigPlanet, you will see some review's from older audience's (And The Non-Creative) Among Us saying that it's a baby-ish child's game. Don't let that spoil your purchase idea's, if your buying a game for your children (I recommend around the ages from 5-15) this game is fun, if you don't like creativeness then don't buy it, its that simple. This is a must purchase. Expand
  14. May 18, 2011
    I love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations peopl troducing an entirely new and awesome genre of gaming, PLAY,CREATE,SHARE. The super fun Story mode is just the beginning...Creating levels and sharing them with theI love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations peopl troducing an entirely new and awesome genre of gaming, PLAY,CREATE,SHARE. The super fun Story mode is just the beginning...Creating levels and sharing them with the world is a blast, and so is playing the com Expand
  15. Aug 28, 2011
    A platformer with puzzle elements, Little Big Planet has certainly grabbed my attention. The 3D side scrolling style certainly has a charm that many will not find in other games of the same genre.

It's amazing how this game includes physics in it's simple gameplay. Even though LBP may seem childish at first, it does challenge the player quite heavily, especially towards the end. With the option to play with 3 others, totally 4 players, this can include everyone in the room. The game mechanics are simple: grab, run, and jump. There are many moments when you have to time the combination of the three, and it's truly fantastic. Level designs are top notch and can have players smiling after solving a complex puzzle. There is a great amount of satisfaction to be had while running in and out of each level, yet there is more to be had with LBP numerous features, such as a level editor and a giant community of literally hundreds of thousands of levels to be downloaded. The characters can be edited beyond your imagination and it's incredibly fun to do so. The level editor may have it's flaws, but can be ignored when most creative ideas can be implemented and made possible. This is a must have for any PS3 owner.
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    My son loves this game and begs me to play it with him all the time.

He is 9. I am 36 and I have to admit, I get a real kick out of playing it. The narrator is my favorite part. He likes designing the outfits and collecting the prizes. While you are playing in cooperation, at the end of each level it tells you who scored the most points so that is a fun little competition too. I would
    My son loves this game and begs me to play it with him all the time.

I would definitely recommend this to any family that wants an all ages game that really is fun for all ages.
  17. Mar 16, 2012
    It's a nice game, but i'm not into children's games, i prefer shooting than putting a nice little guy new outfits. It's ok but i'm not a fan of games likes these. Big disappointment for me as my very first game for the ps3 to be such a "cute" game.
  18. May 10, 2013
    Guys, trust me, this game is amazing, people who give this game a 0 are Nintendo fanboys who can't stand any reputation, there was even a retard here that said that this game's about the holocaust.. seriously people, grow up.
  19. Jan 28, 2015
    Original, universally fun, and a joy to play. A breath of fresh air among brown, boring garbage. Listening to the angst-filled poutyfaces who rated this a 3 or under will get you nowhere. Playable for all ages.
  20. Nov 29, 2015
    Es uno de los mejores juegos para su epoca podias crear todo lo que te imaginaras.Lo malo es que deberian seguir solucionando bugs y intentar mejorar los fallos que tenian.Su historia y el multijugador lo mejor tambien deberia tener un menu sencillo
  21. Aug 15, 2010
    this game is probably the best platformer i have ever played the only problem is that i dont think the the story mode is interesting enough also getting prize bubbles can be hard sometimes, and level creation can get confusing to some users
  22. Oct 28, 2010
    A game like none else. This is by far one of the best games of all time. It has amazing story levels, and ENDLESS, I mean ENDLESS opportunities for creating your own levels. You have an idea, you can make it. You wanna make Super Mario, you can make it. Metal Gear Solid? You can make it. Shortly said this is the best reason to buy a PS3, and the only thing you have to be afraid of is thatA game like none else. This is by far one of the best games of all time. It has amazing story levels, and ENDLESS, I mean ENDLESS opportunities for creating your own levels. You have an idea, you can make it. You wanna make Super Mario, you can make it. Metal Gear Solid? You can make it. Shortly said this is the best reason to buy a PS3, and the only thing you have to be afraid of is that it will give you sky-high expectations for Little big planet 2, but I think they will be able to handle it. If it was possible the score would be higher. Expand
  23. Dec 26, 2010
    Best Game that has ever been made in my life time. I love it like my dog. If you gave this game anything below a 9 your a loser and dont have any kind of life or tast of good games.
  24. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is a lot of fun and I only just played a demo version and it rocked so I can't wait to get the full version! This little game is full of BIG surprises and is appropriate for all ages, and the cat. I recommend you go and buy this game!
  25. May 12, 2012
    Not a ps3 owner myself but my cousin occasionally brings his ps3 and he had a demo of this game i gotta say its really awesome the transition from keyboard and mouse to controller really confuses you. But this game is really friendly so people who recently bought ps3 should definitely get this game along its fun and challenging platforming.
  26. Jan 15, 2016
    This is one of best platform game on the market.This is must buy For Everyone who loved games like super mario,rayman etc.Media Molecule make fresh innovate game for people from 7 to 77 years old.
  27. RandomS.
    Oct 6, 2008
    I'm in the beta, and although I cant do everything yet, it is one the most fun games i've played. All my friends say it's a babies game but it's not. The levels are much easier to create than I thought they would, and I love the single-player levels. This is platforming at its best.
  28. paulturnbull
    Nov 4, 2008
    Amazing game! Never played anything like it before :)
  29. Andez
    Oct 31, 2008
    Best game I have played in a really long time. Beautiful, innovative, simply amazing. Seriously, ignore those posting low scores. Xbox 360 fanboys are getting a little upset, so we best be patient with them.
  30. ZeroDevice
    Aug 5, 2008
    GREAT GAME.
  31. BenTen
    Oct 15, 2009
    This is the worst game i've played for PS3, its not challanging at all, it gets borring really fast, I got to admit, the graphics are kind of nice and cute, but the gameplay is worse than that of some flashgames.
  32. ThatsMe
    Jan 5, 2010
    Calling LBP just a platformer with a level editor, is like calling Einstein, a normal scientist with a simple equate in his mind. Of course it does not charm any gamer but it does charm the most. Ultimetaly kids and adults that were kids sometime before. Kids that played with Lego, Playmobile, Matchbox. Kids that builded castles, pretented battles on the kitchens table or under the bed or Calling LBP just a platformer with a level editor, is like calling Einstein, a normal scientist with a simple equate in his mind. Of course it does not charm any gamer but it does charm the most. Ultimetaly kids and adults that were kids sometime before. Kids that played with Lego, Playmobile, Matchbox. Kids that builded castles, pretented battles on the kitchens table or under the bed or back in the yard. You dont really need to build levels and let people play them and ask for H4H. Its simply amazingly fun just to throw bricks and motors and ropes and pistons and spikes and flames and rockets and water and, and, and...... bombs to blow the whole thing just to fill the space of pleasure that Lego, Playmobile and matchbox left empty in the past just before you break down crying maybe. :P Expand
  33. LukeM.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  34. JonS.
    Nov 1, 2008
    The game is great. It's all about creating content from the user, and publishing it. And it hits it out of the park on that. The tools are great, and when you can use imported pics, that will be great. All the zero ratings are just fangirls trashing metacritic ratings. Ignore them.
  35. RyanS
    Nov 19, 2008
    The game play is simple... but that doesn't mean bad. Super Mario Bros. is simple... and only people who think they are "too cool" claim to no like that classic. LBP has some of the coolest levels I've seen in a platformer. The physics and machinery used in level creation give this game such an "alive" feeling. And these things are at your finger tips as well. I spent anThe game play is simple... but that doesn't mean bad. Super Mario Bros. is simple... and only people who think they are "too cool" claim to no like that classic. LBP has some of the coolest levels I've seen in a platformer. The physics and machinery used in level creation give this game such an "alive" feeling. And these things are at your finger tips as well. I spent an hour having my sackboy grab on to a rocket car and blast off into the sky ramming into random things. It's amazing how much fun this game is. It's virtual legos, erector sets, and tinker toys... all in one virtual toy box. The music and graphics are amazing as well. It's easily one of the most beautiful games I've seen with such a clever and fun art style. The tag line, "Fun will overcome" sums this game up nicely. When asked what the point of it all is, such as saving a princess or stoping an evil bad guy... I smale and say, "To have fun, of course!" Expand
  36. trackk.
    Nov 2, 2008
    I thought this game was gonna be total s*** - then i played the beta. it was my best gaming moment since i first played gta III, i had that same stupid smile on my face. although i admit most of my own creations were pretty rubbish i still had hours of fun playing in the creator mode and (more importantly) a hell of a lot of other people created BRILLIANT levels in the beta, which were I thought this game was gonna be total s*** - then i played the beta. it was my best gaming moment since i first played gta III, i had that same stupid smile on my face. although i admit most of my own creations were pretty rubbish i still had hours of fun playing in the creator mode and (more importantly) a hell of a lot of other people created BRILLIANT levels in the beta, which were just awesome fun to check out, and totally validated the whole concept of creating a game based around user generated content (something i myself was initially very sceptical of). i would've paid a hundred dollars just to be able to keep playing the beta, it was that good. Expand
  37. TannerMcFarlen
    Oct 14, 2008
    This game only has a low user-rating because xbox 360 fanboys are lowering it when they neither own this game, played it, or own a PS3.

I got an early copy of this game and I must say: this is the best platformer I have ever played - better than Mario!
  38. RobertoRocher
    Nov 4, 2008
    This game is a small miracle. You have to marvel at the imagination and creativity of its creators, who also knew how to give it almost infinite replay value: even in the story mode, replaying old levels can be a thrill when playing with others online, discovering new ways of solving puzzles and interacting via hand gestures and funny faces.
  39. GaryW
    Nov 8, 2008
    Its a shame that an excellent site like this is being used by idiots who post comments based on their preferred console system rather than the game itself. Just look at some of the banal comments posted with scores of 0 for this game. Well I have all the consoles and think that this game is very innovative and fun - right up there with Nintendo and just what the PS3 needs. The graphics Its a shame that an excellent site like this is being used by idiots who post comments based on their preferred console system rather than the game itself. Just look at some of the banal comments posted with scores of 0 for this game. Well I have all the consoles and think that this game is very innovative and fun - right up there with Nintendo and just what the PS3 needs. The graphics and physics system is spot on and although online play can be slow at times it is early days and hopefully capacity will be improved. So back to my first point, I hope that the moderators on this site remove stupid scores that have no meaningful comment (e.g. Zero - PS3 sucks!). Expand
  40. eeganrac
    Dec 19, 2008
    I love this game! I have all three next gen systems, and this is only game I play on my ps3! I bought my ps3 just for this game (and god of war 3). there is so much to love about this game i do not even know where to begin. i will just say this. my gaming life began with super mario bros on the nes. this game takes me back to those days.
  41. john
    Oct 23, 2008
    We rented this from the 94 video store in Rowland Heights. The offensive song actually sounds very cute and we didn't know what the lyrics were, so it didn't matter. It's fun with four people, but play time should be limited because you will get sick of dying randomly. There are moving objects or creatures with spikes and they don't kill you every time, but it throws We rented this from the 94 video store in Rowland Heights. The offensive song actually sounds very cute and we didn't know what the lyrics were, so it didn't matter. It's fun with four people, but play time should be limited because you will get sick of dying randomly. There are moving objects or creatures with spikes and they don't kill you every time, but it throws off your timing. It's not 6.3 bad. Expand
  42. TimA.
    Dec 3, 2008
    I have to say I am distinctly underwhelmed by this. It looks beautiful but that really is about it. Let's put this in perspective it is a side scrolling platform game which is what we were all playing in the 80's. Also it has the ability to create your own levels....so? There are tons of games out there with level editros and we have never gone quite so mad as we all seem to I have to say I am distinctly underwhelmed by this. It looks beautiful but that really is about it. Let's put this in perspective it is a side scrolling platform game which is what we were all playing in the 80's. Also it has the ability to create your own levels....so? There are tons of games out there with level editros and we have never gone quite so mad as we all seem to have with this. Finally and this is the most annoying thing is the feel of how you jump. It feels too floaty and off, after several hours playing this I am still unable to guage with any confidence how I should arc my jumps successfully. Don't get me wrong it is not a terrible game and like I say it lloks great and it is very cute but I can't help but feel that we have all got a little over excited here there is nothing really revolutionary here and the gameplay is infuriatingly frustrating with the weird jumps and the attempt to put 3 planes into a 2d game. Good but way way over hyped. Expand
  43. MattJ
    Oct 26, 2008
    A stunning game, but the fact R* removed aircraft during development (There are ways to access choppers by 1 or 2 glitches, have a good rumage around gtaforums.com) and other niggles that could have been improved before release simply make me unable to give it a 10, even though I think that Liberty City is a far superior setting than Vice City Stories' on PSP. 'Nuf sed:-)
  44. AlanS.
    Oct 31, 2008
    It may actually be more interesting to create the levels than to play, or it may be that I'm not as into platformers as I used to, but I found the game pretty boring. The presentation is top notch, but I got bored with it pretty quickly.
  45. CliffQ
    Oct 30, 2008
    All the people giving this game a 1 or a 0 are M$ types, trying to bring down the joy of the PS3 and this awesome game. The story part is less than thrilling but the part where you can go out and try all the user levels, that is where it gets awesome! Don't be fooled. Go try it.
  46. KwasiA.
    Oct 4, 2008
    You know, I actually didn't expect LittleBigPlanet to live up to all it's hype. But my god it does. Everything just has a sort of cutesy and comfortable feel to it. This is definitely going to be a system seller. If I could give a game an eleven, it would be this - and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - it is a must-add to your PlayStation library of Triple A titles. :) You know, I actually didn't expect LittleBigPlanet to live up to all it's hype. But my god it does. Everything just has a sort of cutesy and comfortable feel to it. This is definitely going to be a system seller. If I could give a game an eleven, it would be this - and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - it is a must-add to your PlayStation library of Triple A titles. :) Kwasi Amoako. Expand
  47. YermakirumY.
    Oct 5, 2008
    Very good game.
  48. Shane
    Oct 25, 2009
    The kind of game you never sell. Truly beautiful, and absolutely never gets old.
  49. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    Very silly game, but really addictive, fun, innovative, creative and massive in scope. This game delivers the very minimum in order for you to make your mark on the creative planet.
  50. HardcoreH
    Jan 6, 2009
    LIttle Big Planet I reckon is one of the best games releases this decade. Fun physics is at the core of LBP which I had heaps of fun figuring out what to do in the levels. Some people may may be bummed to finish the made levels sooner than they think. If so, they will have plenty of time to waste by making their own levels!!! The objects within the made levels can be use to make your own LIttle Big Planet I reckon is one of the best games releases this decade. Fun physics is at the core of LBP which I had heaps of fun figuring out what to do in the levels. Some people may may be bummed to finish the made levels sooner than they think. If so, they will have plenty of time to waste by making their own levels!!! The objects within the made levels can be use to make your own levels and even make it possible to create them to be bigger and better than before. The tutorials for this are wonderful in explaining how to build the player's levels which making the levels were lots of fun. There are some other features on the game that are great but I would leave it up to player to enjoy finding them. If you own a PS3, buy it today If not, get one. Expand
  51. CurtisB
    Jan 8, 2009
    First letdown when I played the game, it's only 720p!!! My TV does 480i/p & 1080i, but this game DOWN converted to 480i...480i not even 480p! The first tutorial level had the most pixalated spotlight I've seen since the NES, the spotlight in Super Mario World final castle on the SNES was better. Somehow, I think from the trailers, I was under the impression this was at least a First letdown when I played the game, it's only 720p!!! My TV does 480i/p & 1080i, but this game DOWN converted to 480i...480i not even 480p! The first tutorial level had the most pixalated spotlight I've seen since the NES, the spotlight in Super Mario World final castle on the SNES was better. Somehow, I think from the trailers, I was under the impression this was at least a 1080i or that it would up-convert. That being said ,my wife and I started playing and dragging each other around, bouncing through an still fairly cinematic world of fun and adventure. It's the first videogame my wifewill play besides rock band or DDR. We haven't even started to create anything. It's just a lot of fun. Expand
  52. AnonymousMC
    Mar 3, 2009
    Great game, so creative and a fun experience for all types of gamers. its kinda nice to get away from the mindless killing every once in a while. I know i never thought a non violent game would come along that would actually make me say such a drastic thing, but LittleBigPlanet proved me wrong.
  53. liz
    Mar 5, 2009
    This game was awesome. I loved it. It's very creative. It's for people of all ages. My 11 yr old niece and 9 yr old nephew plays it, I (27 yrs old) play it and even my 52 yr old mom plays it! I don't know anyone who has played it that hasn't loved this game and the little characters (sack people).
  54. KenMacLauchlan
    Apr 6, 2009
    It took me a wee while to appreciate this game but I now have. Superb game both my girlfriend and I appreciate playing. Brilliant choice of Stephen Fry to do the voiceover and a lovely graphical style unlike anything else. On top of that you have decent in game physics, the customisable aspect to the game, ....
  55. neofitoso
    Jun 1, 2009
    This game is brilliant beautiful.Is my best game for P.S.3. More than 500 levels to play on internet.community.
  56. ForrestAnderson
    Aug 2, 2009
    LBP is a fun platformer for everyone, the story mode is fun and challenging and gives you all you need to play other people's levels and make one yourself. With online access there is an option to play with others and play levels made by other people. It takes a long time to make a good level (around 10 hours) but it is worth it. LBP is a great game and I encourage every PS3 ownerLBP is a fun platformer for everyone, the story mode is fun and challenging and gives you all you need to play other people's levels and make one yourself. With online access there is an option to play with others and play levels made by other people. It takes a long time to make a good level (around 10 hours) but it is worth it. LBP is a great game and I encourage every PS3 owner that has always wanted to make their own game to buy it Expand
  57. Gasper
    Mar 6, 2010
    More than a year has passed since i got this game, and because this is a Play Create Share game, right now(march 2010) would be the best time to review this game the story levels are fun, inventive and inspirational its 6+ hours that show you all the basic mechanics of the game theres a moon that you can visit at any given time and make youre own levels and/or just mess around, it will More than a year has passed since i got this game, and because this is a Play Create Share game, right now(march 2010) would be the best time to review this game the story levels are fun, inventive and inspirational its 6+ hours that show you all the basic mechanics of the game theres a moon that you can visit at any given time and make youre own levels and/or just mess around, it will take some time to learn how to make a good level and youle spend quite a loot of man houres making them these levels you can upload and share with the community the real fun starts when you go online the community has made amazing levels, a loot of them surpass the story levels made by mm studio themselfs and there is truly no limit to what you can play you can play them with 3 friends or strangers online, ofline or both do not be misleaded by the box art, this is one of the best gaming titles OF ALL TIME. Expand
  58. SimonC.
    Nov 1, 2008
    I think that this might be the biggest difference in professional and user reviews on Metacritic. Personally I found the game to be extremely innovative. Sadly, it wasn't all that much fun.
  59. ScottC.
    Nov 1, 2008
    The great thing about this game is the user-donated levels. I've gotten to play two "Batman" levels, a God of War inspired level, and quite a few others that are simply amazing (try Pac-Man in it; it won't disappoint). Is this a retro-style game? Yes. But it's a brilliant one because of user-designed levels (if I find the time, I just might make some of my own).
  60. Novi4ekNone
    Oct 10, 2008
    good game
  61. JayJ.
    Nov 1, 2008
    If a game can interest my wife, who never plays games, then it deserves a 10 in my book. It's a great throw back to the 80's when mario was the man. Throw in user created content and the sky is the limit. Thank you Sony for taking a chance on such a great game, a game that Nintendo and Microsoft both passed up.
  62. IsaacM
    Nov 25, 2008
    OK if you have zero imagination or you don't have a creative bone in your body or an internet connection you aren't going to like this game. For everyone else there is heaps to enjoy. The story mode is just a method of collecting all the pieces you need to build your own levels. The real substance of LBP lies in its online community and their creativity as well as yours. You do OK if you have zero imagination or you don't have a creative bone in your body or an internet connection you aren't going to like this game. For everyone else there is heaps to enjoy. The story mode is just a method of collecting all the pieces you need to build your own levels. The real substance of LBP lies in its online community and their creativity as well as yours. You do need to have a fairly decent connection as well. But some of the levels online range from brilliant (God Of War theme level) to bizarre (ICO recreation) and everything in between. The physics is exceptional glass acts like glass, metal like metal and stone or wood exactly as you would expect them to act in real life. The level creator can be at times impossibly finicky but the brilliance of it once you get used to it is not to be underestimated. Anything and everything you see while playing through the story can be recreated in the level creator you only need to work out how. In fact it is well worth playing through the story again once you have gotten used to the level designer just to see the contraptions you can build and how the game designers did it (not to mention trying to pick up more prize bubbles). There is no denying LBP's obvious charm, great music and its interactivity makes this one of the best games to come out in a decade, even some of my friends who are real diehard Xbox fanboys have been raving about this. Girls love it too :-P In summary this game is a cross between Youtube and Super Mario Bros, buy it! Expand
  63. Kevin
    Nov 3, 2008
    The excellence of this game cannot be exceeded. It's so fun and quirky. I quickly gained interest after watching gameplay videos... I was hesitant to buy it at first but after watching more and more videos I was set. After purchasing it, from the very moment you put it in, you're just sucked into this awesome game. As others have said, it's so nice to have something light The excellence of this game cannot be exceeded. It's so fun and quirky. I quickly gained interest after watching gameplay videos... I was hesitant to buy it at first but after watching more and more videos I was set. After purchasing it, from the very moment you put it in, you're just sucked into this awesome game. As others have said, it's so nice to have something light hearted and fun as opposed to the death competitions that are Halo, GoW, etc... (Granted, I still play Halo 3 everyday). LittleBigPlanet refreshes my love for video games and an era that has passed... or has it? Expand
  64. AliM.
    Oct 13, 2008
    The amazing thing about this game is how much you get for your moneys worth. The game would actually be possible to dissect into three parts, the singelplayer campaign, the online mode and the creat mode. Which ever is your choice, you wont be disappointed. The campaign mode alone is more then enough to justify the score this game is getting. Because its really just that good. Definitely The amazing thing about this game is how much you get for your moneys worth. The game would actually be possible to dissect into three parts, the singelplayer campaign, the online mode and the creat mode. Which ever is your choice, you wont be disappointed. The campaign mode alone is more then enough to justify the score this game is getting. Because its really just that good. Definitely game of the year! Expand
  65. JeffreyH.
    Oct 13, 2008
    Having beta tested this game, I can say this game has GOTY candidate written all over it. As IGN said: "If you own a PlayStation 3, you cannot miss this. If you don't have a PS3 yet, this is the reason to get one."
  66. AnthonyW.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This is one of the very rare games today that had me smiling all the time while playing. The Beta on it's own felt like the full game, but with 50+ levels burned onto the blu-ray disc and fixed glitches from the beta, calling the game perfect is an understatment.
  67. MarkJ.
    Oct 14, 2008
    Having played the beta for some time i can honestly say it's one of the best games I've played. first it's a solid platformer, secondly there's the create mode which is the most comprehensive I've ever seen and thirdly there's the share feature which is essentially youtube and works just as well. There's a few concerns mainly in that it's just so Having played the beta for some time i can honestly say it's one of the best games I've played. first it's a solid platformer, secondly there's the create mode which is the most comprehensive I've ever seen and thirdly there's the share feature which is essentially youtube and works just as well. There's a few concerns mainly in that it's just so very overwhelming. it's easy to get intimidated by and this will put people off. There's also an annoyance with with 2.5d style, which makes navigating some levels difficult. These aren't enough to dampen my spirits and it's been pre-ordered long ago. Expand
  68. RafyK.
    Oct 14, 2008
    It isn't perfect! but compared to other games it deserves a 10/10 I had some network issues ( BETA) but im sure they fix this along with the minor level editor problems I had ( camera,gluing, corner edit tool etc) I personally didn't like playing the game thhat much especially alone it can get kinda boring but the creation aspect of the game is just pure awesomenessss..... You It isn't perfect! but compared to other games it deserves a 10/10 I had some network issues ( BETA) but im sure they fix this along with the minor level editor problems I had ( camera,gluing, corner edit tool etc) I personally didn't like playing the game thhat much especially alone it can get kinda boring but the creation aspect of the game is just pure awesomenessss..... You can easily work 30h on a level and be surprised how it all works out at the end. Expand
  69. AnonymousMC
    Oct 14, 2008
    Excellent game, solid platforming/puzzle/physics milkshake with a create-mode-cherry on top. LBP will live a long and prosperous life and make a new breed of gamers. If you need a reason to buy a PS3, this is it.

As for the score, I think this game needs an 11/10. Because there is no 11 on metacritic, lets assume the scores above 10 start from the beginning. Most people have already figured that out too!
  70. BenWalters
    Nov 5, 2008
    Highly original, and appealing to everyone. A must have for any PS3 owner (and a must have for anyone who hasn't got one!)
  71. AlbertoRamis
    Oct 15, 2008
    Es el mejor juego que he visto en años a nivel de innovacion y de diversion. Desde luego se nota que los americanos sois todos unos boxers cerrados¬¬. Tuve a la beta y desde luego es increible lo que hace la gente con los niveles. Y se supone que lo mejor es el editor, que no me dio tiempo a ver del vicio que llevaba :P
  72. MarkW.
    Oct 15, 2008
    In short, this game brings back the old school platforming feel with a new school platforming way. Never have I been more excited about a game since God of War 2. This title truly crosses all lines in that it is great for hardcore gamers and fun for casual players. Having only played the beta, I eagerly await the full level creation tools. The ability to create with other friends and In short, this game brings back the old school platforming feel with a new school platforming way. Never have I been more excited about a game since God of War 2. This title truly crosses all lines in that it is great for hardcore gamers and fun for casual players. Having only played the beta, I eagerly await the full level creation tools. The ability to create with other friends and publish my own levels. I also anticipate playing the story mode presented by Media Molecule. My nephew and I play Ratchet together sometimes and I think this will be another title we will have fun with together! Expand
  73. AarneLehikoinen
    Nov 5, 2008
    The Best, better than all the rest platformers on ps3! Reason to buy the console!
  74. gold5225gold
    Oct 15, 2008
    This is the most innovative and outstanfding game ever made if you review this game bad your a 360 fanboy if you try this game you will love it i recomend that everyone buy this game i played the beta and i just love this game soo much.
  75. AReviewer
    Oct 15, 2008
    I'm in the beta; great so far, and all previews and reviews suggest the full release will be even better. It's extremely disheartening to see bitter 360 fanboys out in force to lower the rating for such a great game. Any rating below an 8 is made by a fanboy of a rival console who has never played the game, and has no intention to.
  76. DaveSimons
    Nov 5, 2008
    This game i ssimply amazing. From the spectacular visuals to the addictive gameplay, its a refreshing change to find a game that doesn't take itself so seriously and represents what a game should be - fun.
  77. StanKojima
    Nov 5, 2008
    Can't even get online for a little co-op play. All sort of server issues. I paid $60 plus tax for this. What a ripoff
  78. GrahamBurt
    Nov 6, 2008
    These ratings should really be only open to people who've actually played the game, and not idiots who're just angry xbox owners, or people with no sense of creativity. :P

The game is awesome fun. The combination of physics and platforming works really well, and the posibilities of the level editor are only limited by your imagination. It's the gaming equivalent of Lego Technics, if lego technics had flamethrowers and rocketboosters.
  79. RichP
    Nov 7, 2008
    Couldnt rate this 10 because of small control issues, but theyre not that bad. My girlfriend doesnt play games and shes hooked on this despite the jumping being a little imprecise. Main game is a little short and has no story, but who cares?! i started playing games when 85% of games had no story. User made levels are great and some are very innovative. Multiplayer is great fun, but the Couldnt rate this 10 because of small control issues, but theyre not that bad. My girlfriend doesnt play games and shes hooked on this despite the jumping being a little imprecise. Main game is a little short and has no story, but who cares?! i started playing games when 85% of games had no story. User made levels are great and some are very innovative. Multiplayer is great fun, but the best thing is level editor, extremely versitile and as easy or difficult as you want it to be. you can create levels in multiplayer with your friends so its not like you have to spend hours on your own trying to make something perfect, you can just put it on and mess around. After a while you find yourself trying out ideas, trying to make parodies of films or games and generally laughing away for hours. Bought the ps3 for this and metal gear 4 (and blu ray movies) and i love both. This games probably not worth the money if you have no friends like some of the people on here rating it 0 as single player gets dull quickly, but putting it on with my girlfriend, trying out new levels and messing around with the creator for a couple of hours is awesome fun. These 360 fanboys should probably go and play Generic shooter 4 or whatever the latest big exclusive is and get over the fact that someones made a great game that doesnt have an m-rating. Expand
  80. LJR
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game is the most innovative game I have played this gen on any console (I own both PS3 and 360). The character and ingenuity is second to none and I take my hat off to Media Molecule for daring to do something as ambitious as LBP - and pulling it off with finesse! This is my GotY (although Gears 2 is a very very close second)
  81. AidenG.
    Oct 17, 2008
    After beta testing this for about a fortnight, it dawned on me that it is absolutely brilliant. There is such a vast scope for creativity, I myself, making a drivable replica of an Audi R8 (and I am not particularly good at designing things generally). Other user-made levels were outstanding: from Shadow of the Colossus parodies to remakes of Metal Gear Solid's opening sections. This After beta testing this for about a fortnight, it dawned on me that it is absolutely brilliant. There is such a vast scope for creativity, I myself, making a drivable replica of an Audi R8 (and I am not particularly good at designing things generally). Other user-made levels were outstanding: from Shadow of the Colossus parodies to remakes of Metal Gear Solid's opening sections. This game is pure class, and anyone who fails to experience such a jewel, really is missing out. Expand
  82. BlockJuice
    Nov 8, 2008
    This is easily one of the best games of the year. A stellar set of designer-made levels and quite a sleuth of items to find help make the story mode worth playing. The level creator is truly powerful on all aspects, and easy to use, and the online community is very flexible. But, the game only has a few problems, such as switching back and forth from the layers in a level can be This is easily one of the best games of the year. A stellar set of designer-made levels and quite a sleuth of items to find help make the story mode worth playing. The level creator is truly powerful on all aspects, and easy to use, and the online community is very flexible. But, the game only has a few problems, such as switching back and forth from the layers in a level can be complicated, the level editor's undo feature doesn't work so well, and whenever you play multiplayer, and then you play alone, only the person playing alone gets a lot of items, and it doesn't transfer to the other controller/s. Other than that, this is a truly great game, and it's a good reason to buy the PS3. Expand
  83. Dave
    Nov 8, 2008
    I've had the XBOX 360 and now own the PS3. IMO this is by far the best game to come out in years. In a world where every 2nd game is a shooter this is a nice breath of fresh air. Some of the levels are ingenius and the multiplayer aspect is kick @(#(. I know this looks like a kids game, but try it before you lay down your judgement....I've never laughed so hard for a 3 hour I've had the XBOX 360 and now own the PS3. IMO this is by far the best game to come out in years. In a world where every 2nd game is a shooter this is a nice breath of fresh air. Some of the levels are ingenius and the multiplayer aspect is kick @(#(. I know this looks like a kids game, but try it before you lay down your judgement....I've never laughed so hard for a 3 hour period :-) If I could give a 10.5 I would. Expand
  84. PatrickDolan
    Oct 19, 2008
    It has a couple of minor flaws, but the overall scope & vision of this game make it one of the most impressive titles on the market, and quite possibly a new classic.
    And FWIW, this is coming from a guy who rates the PS3 as the worst choice of the big three consoles, so I'm not just being a fanboy... :)
  85. SonyDefenseForce
    Oct 21, 2008
    This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected with the disgusting Sony disease. After playing this game I wanted to kill myself. Expand
  86. JohnD
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is absolutely perfect in every concept.

If you look at some of the bad reviews down the page of comments, you can tell they are XBOX/PC "fans". I hate fans... snobbish. I mean, 7/10 of the reviews aren't even talking about this game! Like r-tard Hairy N. Play this game for your PS3 now, it DOESN'T lag, the jumping could use a bit more work, but this game is completely
    This is absolutely perfect in every concept.

Play this game for your PS3 now, it DOESN'T lag, the jumping could use a bit more work, but this game is completely innovative and beautiful. IT'S NOT A KIDS GAME!
  87. RickS.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Having been testing the game for the last month or so i have to say im disapointed. Being a game tested i do not normally comment on games as i go through so many in the year but this one was especially poor, very unoriginial game play and long long load times. Menus were difficult to get around and the game lacked any kind of luster. My suggestion is to buy an xbox360.
  88. FrankieM.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I was so excited for this game before the release. REALLY EXCITED, but when I bought it I knew the game was extremely over hyped. The game had clunky controls, my PS3 could barely play it because it lagged alot, the music sucked, and it crashed a couple times. I cannot believe I actually bought this shit, dont buy it, just save your money for a good game.
  89. SethC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay is simple to the point of idiocy....jump, run, jump, collect stuff, jump again, ad naseum. don't believe the hype for this game. Expand
  90. ChrisB.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Excellent side scrolling platformer! Its a must buy if you own a PS3. Its a build and share your own platforming game. You or friends create and share stages. Your able to play then with friends online and rate other user created stages you've played. Only complaint I have is dealing with the 3d'ish movement to the fore or aft of the screen can be a little annoying.
  91. DmytrykD.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Slick all through but that's not saying much since there is so little gameplay unless you take about a weeks work of building level only to see yourself play through your own penbox. Except there's little fun to be had since you build it.
  92. ShelbyS.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Wow! This game blows my mind! The most fun I've had since Kingdom Hearts back on PS2!!! I had extremely high expectations and this game went far beyond them! I wasnt even expecting me to be this excited and to have as much fun as i have been. My only gripe is that it doesnt upscale to 1080i, i have a TV that only supports 1080i so instead LBP is forced to downgrade to 480i. Im sure Wow! This game blows my mind! The most fun I've had since Kingdom Hearts back on PS2!!! I had extremely high expectations and this game went far beyond them! I wasnt even expecting me to be this excited and to have as much fun as i have been. My only gripe is that it doesnt upscale to 1080i, i have a TV that only supports 1080i so instead LBP is forced to downgrade to 480i. Im sure that an update will fix this in the future though!!! Otherwise just plain phenomenal Expand
  93. AustinB.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is incredibly fun. I bought it today and have just beaten the first section (castle), and I LOVE it! Don't listen to the overall "user rating," as it is horribly skewed (much like that of Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2) by people who have nothing better to do with their time than to bash games that they cannot have: fanboys. Get it if you don't already have it... This game is incredibly fun. I bought it today and have just beaten the first section (castle), and I LOVE it! Don't listen to the overall "user rating," as it is horribly skewed (much like that of Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2) by people who have nothing better to do with their time than to bash games that they cannot have: fanboys. Get it if you don't already have it... it's worth the $60! Expand
  94. VladmirM.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is fantastic. This is my opinion, and if you disagree with it than I respect that. Anyway, if you like platformers than you should enjoy this. LittleBigPlanet is a game where you can create a level, send it to a database, and also download other levels. Some are really creative and that is, in a nutshell, why I love this game.
  95. JonathanK
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is truly amazing. It's got brilliant character and art direction, along with infinant replayability. The subject matter is such that anyone can really enjoy this title. The level editor combined with a realistic physics engine results in endless possibilities to express your creativity and share it with the entire community. This really is a revulotionary title for any This game is truly amazing. It's got brilliant character and art direction, along with infinant replayability. The subject matter is such that anyone can really enjoy this title. The level editor combined with a realistic physics engine results in endless possibilities to express your creativity and share it with the entire community. This really is a revulotionary title for any console, and is a must have if you own a PS3. Expand
  96. MaciejB.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is the most exciting platformer ever and the creation and sharing feature is the first true 3.0, user generated content implementation of the next gen!!! Great visuals, sound, physics, and mostly it's just plain fun and cutesy and good for the whole family!!!
  97. JamesH.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I played the beta of this, after finally getting a beta key, and it is no surprise for me to tell you that I loved it. The gameplay and controls seem very good and the popit is a joy to navigate, and sdackboys seem to have more charm and personality when they stick their tongues up and wave their hands in the air than most lead character do in a lifetime. The main reason though I loved it I played the beta of this, after finally getting a beta key, and it is no surprise for me to tell you that I loved it. The gameplay and controls seem very good and the popit is a joy to navigate, and sdackboys seem to have more charm and personality when they stick their tongues up and wave their hands in the air than most lead character do in a lifetime. The main reason though I loved it though was it really brought back that inner-child in me and it is just so joyously fun. In an era when games seem to be more about fanboy wars, as this voting system has shown and which has the shiniest graphics, it is nice to play something that brings back what games were really meant to be - fun. Two slight negatives though, one is that there are a lot of tutorials but these would become more of a problem without the fantastic Stephen Fry narrating; and problem #2 is that I have important exams all through this next 8 months and LBP is going to spoil all my preparations for them :) Expand
  98. AndrewS.
    Oct 27, 2008
    This game is amazing. I picked up my copy this last Saturday and have to say that not only was I addicted but my wife and children were glued to the TV all weekend. It is by far the best fun I have had since Mario on the NES. Great fun for you and the family.
  99. MarkM.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Perfect for all ages, and designed not only for the hardcore computer and game savye, but also for those less inclined to play video games. A team spirited, fun, and challenging game which brings you back to the Mario Bros genre but with the added twist of being able to design and interact with the levels on a different way!
  100. HershellM.
    Oct 31, 2008
    Looking at the user average score in comparison to the critic average would lead one to believe their is b.s. amidst. You would be correct in assuming so as that score was averaged far prior to LBP's release. Let me assure you that the user score is utter b.s. , as I've played LBP and its actually fun to play. The intro is very unique and memorable as the english narrator guides Looking at the user average score in comparison to the critic average would lead one to believe their is b.s. amidst. You would be correct in assuming so as that score was averaged far prior to LBP's release. Let me assure you that the user score is utter b.s. , as I've played LBP and its actually fun to play. The intro is very unique and memorable as the english narrator guides you from a dark room through a level that serves as a tutorial and the credits pop up in the background. You won't have to worry about opening that book as the narrator will provide instructions for you during the early part of LBP. The sp campaign has a total of 50 levels that vary in complexity and style. One memorable one is a level where you must guide a hot air ballon towards a volcano and actually go inside the mouth of the volcano. I wont spoil the rest for you. You can choose to go through them solo, or team up with a buddy to access parts of the levels otherwise inaccessible. You also have the option of creating your own levels as you see fit, uploading them, and sharing them with friends. The game in its simplest form is a platformer, but its engaging in the fact that it challenges you as you progress. You'll even encounter boss battles through the campaign. OOPS!!!! Forgot to put up the spoiler warning. If I had to complain about one thing it would be the controls. Jumping can often times be frustrating especially in the later levels where platforming becomes more challenging. Go buy this game its worth owning. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.