LittleBigPlanet PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.8

1. EB
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is awesome! Too bad we have a bunch of bitches giving this game a low score. You guys need to grow up, seriously. Because the game got pushed back a week you are giving it a bad score? Come on. I repeat you guys are bitches, to whom ever gave it a bad score to pull the rating down. Same goes for GOW2.
  2. EricH.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Got an early copy from Target! I can't stop playing this game, more specifically the level editor. There is so much potential and it just blows my mind how creative it lets you be. There is tons to do and create; I think this game is taking gaming in a whole new direction.
  3. BoyGeorge
    Oct 25, 2008
    Seriously the best game I've ever played. Great platforming elements, but what is really cool is the level creator, with near endless possibilities, this game will be a medium for the creative minds. The world is leveled (well at least for those with a ps3 and this game), and no longer shall geography separate the bright minds from each other. This game is totally amazing.
  4. James
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ah fanboys, trust them to provide an objective score for a game... NOT 6.2 wtf?? I really rate this game about a 93 but I'm giving it a 10 to try even out the odds a little. Go back to playing XBOX and stop rating games you can't even play...
  5. ScottR
    Oct 25, 2008
    Horrible game. is this suppose to be a "next generation" game? this game really lacks gameplay once you get past the pretty graphics and all. a definite pass for anyone that has common sense.
  6. EdwardM.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is the best Action-Platformer since Mario. Coming from me - a Super Mario Fanatic - that is a huge compliment. I don't know how the fan rating is only at 6.2 unless "Special Ed" rated this game a 6 two thousand times. If you have PS3 buy LBP. If you don't have a PS3 buy it and make your first game LBP. Peace.
  7. AbeL.
    Oct 26, 2008
    Absolutely amazing game, There's nothing else like it on any system. Every single facet of this game is completely and utterly flawless. It blew me away, and the user levels continue to do so. Perfect. Game of the year. Hell, game of the decade.
  8. steck67
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was able to get my hands on LBP on Saturday. The game is fun. LBP delivers not only the epic scaled levels but the game also delivers memories from the old days. The story mode took me about 8 hours, though I did not get 100% As for the create part, it is absolutely fun. Making levels is a little complex, but as you keep building and creating, soon enough you will create a work of art. I was able to get my hands on LBP on Saturday. The game is fun. LBP delivers not only the epic scaled levels but the game also delivers memories from the old days. The story mode took me about 8 hours, though I did not get 100% As for the create part, it is absolutely fun. Making levels is a little complex, but as you keep building and creating, soon enough you will create a work of art. This game is a must buy for PS3 owners and for the game being too "childish" is an extremely lame excuse. PS3 owners are in for a treat this holiday season. Expand
  9. ShaunC
    Oct 26, 2008
    This really is a masterpiece of game-making. I picked up my early pre-order yesterday afternoon and played LBP until I fell asleep. In the end, there are a few control issues (it can be difficult judging the odd angle etc) but the sheer breadth of gameplay, the fun narration (by what sounds like the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy) and the massive amount of customization available just This really is a masterpiece of game-making. I picked up my early pre-order yesterday afternoon and played LBP until I fell asleep. In the end, there are a few control issues (it can be difficult judging the odd angle etc) but the sheer breadth of gameplay, the fun narration (by what sounds like the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy) and the massive amount of customization available just makes this an absolute must have for anyone and everyone. Great job MM and Sony for developing a concept like this Expand
  10. JacobB.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was disappointed after i got this gamewith the supposively good reviews. It basically is not even a game or it is a game without a goal. I would not reccommend.
  11. NickM.
    Oct 26, 2008
    This game lives past the hype it was receiving and easily deserves the game of the year award. This game never gets tiring because of the variety of levels people upload to the servers for other people to play. People were paying $350 to get this game a week early. Tell me that is not crazy.
  12. AnthonyLongcock
    Oct 26, 2008
    Typical idealistic/marxist piece of garbage. Play as hitler and kill the jews? No Thanks. I do not support the extermination of hundreds of thousands if not millions. This game is pure garbage. Watch this game around children. There are breaking reports of swastikas visible in the fibers of the dolls.
  13. HairyN.
    Oct 27, 2008
    This was the worst rpg i have ever played in my life. It takes way to long to level up your characters and the voice acting was terrible. I called Media Molecule about this and they told me if i ever called back they would kill my family. As you've probably already assumed I was outraged by this and retaliated with a very harsh "good day!" and left to cry in a corner. i would not This was the worst rpg i have ever played in my life. It takes way to long to level up your characters and the voice acting was terrible. I called Media Molecule about this and they told me if i ever called back they would kill my family. As you've probably already assumed I was outraged by this and retaliated with a very harsh "good day!" and left to cry in a corner. i would not recommend this game to any rpg fans out there and do not recommend you call the company either they are very violent this game received a zero do to the pointlessness and completely ridiculous turn based style. Expand
  14. JasonE.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Superb game. An original concept executed with a unique style and high production values wrapped up in classic 2D platforming gameplay. Creativity and community options guarantee extensive replay value. If you own a PS3, you must get this game. If you don't own a PS3, this is the reason to buy one!
  15. JohnS.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Boring.. Not much more than your standard side scrolling platformer. Overhyped, pretty and run, jump run.. There are better examples on the market or this style of game and the editor for all of it's massive easy to use functionality is actually complex for the average user.
  16. StevenC
    Oct 27, 2008
    This game is one of the best platform games that I have ever played. It ranks right up there with Mario and Ratchet, I hope the game sells well as I would love to see a sequel. There is not much else to say besides that I welcome anyone's created content.
  17. ThePirate
    Oct 28, 2008
    This game is simply amazing, from the robust creation system to the fun and fun singleplayer, to the flawless online. This is a game that all PS3 owners MUST buy! And LBP has only gotten a low user score because of the delay. it seems Kiddies get easily Angered, shame.
  18. ScottV.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Incredible game with the ability to do things no other game has ever offered. This is two games in one, the first is one of the best, if not the best side scrolling game ever made. The visuals are incredible, almost like the best Pixar movie that I have ever seen, the levels, puzzles, hazards are so inventive and creative that it is a blast to keep playing to see what you will come across Incredible game with the ability to do things no other game has ever offered. This is two games in one, the first is one of the best, if not the best side scrolling game ever made. The visuals are incredible, almost like the best Pixar movie that I have ever seen, the levels, puzzles, hazards are so inventive and creative that it is a blast to keep playing to see what you will come across next. This is a highly polished game in every way, from the great narrative (an English bloke!) to the amazing detail and vibrant colors of each level. the second part of the game offers the most creative abilities EVER in a game. You can build, design your own complete video gaming world/levels with just as much amazing detail as is in the actual game itself. I spent hours just designing my own custom vehicle that you can shoot, jump, and crash through my world. You can save any creations that you make for use in other levels that you build anytime. If you have an imagination and ever dreamed of designing your own video game then you absolutely can't miss this game. The best part is that anyone can do it because the tutorials and editing system are unbelievable, simple to control, giant in its scope, and almost limitless in the possibilities for creating, playing, and fun. This could be the Game of the decade. I'm certain that in years to come this game will be looked back at as one of the games that defined a new era in gaming, like Zelda, or Halo! I would buy a PS3 just for this game, no hesitation! Expand
  19. RayC
    Oct 30, 2008
    Very addictive game, fun and spirited. It's great to be able to build your own levels, game is very polished aside from the laggy server when it first came out. With all the user content people can make this should keep most occupied for some time to come well after the single player game is finished.
  20. TMoe
    Oct 30, 2008
    @ Hairy N. Do what? Are you reviewing the right game, or are you a Xbox Troll? This game is freaking incredible, suitable for all ages. I cant put this game down at all. I actually killed the battery in my DS3 playing it for so long. Incredible. If you want a game for your kids this holiday season, dont pass this one up. Holiday lists: PS3 1. LittleBigPlanet 2. Resistance 2 3. Fallout 3 @ Hairy N. Do what? Are you reviewing the right game, or are you a Xbox Troll? This game is freaking incredible, suitable for all ages. I cant put this game down at all. I actually killed the battery in my DS3 playing it for so long. Incredible. If you want a game for your kids this holiday season, dont pass this one up. Holiday lists: PS3 1. LittleBigPlanet 2. Resistance 2 3. Fallout 3 4. Guitar Hero WT 5. Rock Band 2. Expand
  21. ToddA.
    Oct 31, 2008
    I finally got this game after hearing about it for years. Its all I expected it to be. My only gripe is that it doesn't scale up to 1080i but instead down to 480p. It still looks good anyway. Its like a virtual playground.
  22. IsaacE.
    Oct 8, 2008
    It is rare that such an open ended experience could feel so wonderfully orchestrated. LBP has found a unique happy balance for options and complexity that keeps things approachable. I foresee an entire generation of game devs being spawned from this experience. I wonder how much better of a designer I would be today had I played this as a kid. Excellent game execution.
  23. MertK.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Wow Is all I have to say to this game ever since I was amazed at GDC 07 I have been waiting for this game to come out the new presentation at E3 08 showed me this game is not only for fun but can also be used for some weird cool presentation if you have a Playstation 3 and you must buy it!
  24. BenjaminS.
    Sep 27, 2008
    I'm making this review based off the beta, which I highly appreciate even though it isn't the full game. LittleBigPlanet will appeal to everyone, and people who shun it because of it's kiddy looks, well, need to grow up. The story mode alone is outstanding and HIGHLY addicting, but the icing on the cake is the fantastic creator that may lead itself into a new online society I'm making this review based off the beta, which I highly appreciate even though it isn't the full game. LittleBigPlanet will appeal to everyone, and people who shun it because of it's kiddy looks, well, need to grow up. The story mode alone is outstanding and HIGHLY addicting, but the icing on the cake is the fantastic creator that may lead itself into a new online society for the next couple of years. Expand
  25. RobertNaghi
    Jan 16, 2009
    Just pure FUN. This game would please just about any gamer. Whether you want a fun and innovative platform game, or a party game to play with friends, or you just want to mess around and create things, this game has something for everyone. It is what Playstation 3 owners have been waiting for.
  26. JDSherbert
    Oct 16, 2009
    Little big planet is perhaps the best game for the ps3. You can make your own worlds or play other peoples worlds, and so I reckon this is a good game single player or online multi player. The only problem is the camera; it zooms out when you want it to zoom in. It should have its own controls. Can't wait for the psp release!
  27. LukasG.
    Jan 18, 2009
    I really enjoyed playing this game with my little brother and my friends. The graphics are very good, the level design is highly creative and the game play is fun. I feel that I got a good value for my money, especially with the online component, where you can design and share your own levels. I am not certain why this game is only a 6.3 user rating, as I see very few flaws in the game. I really enjoyed playing this game with my little brother and my friends. The graphics are very good, the level design is highly creative and the game play is fun. I feel that I got a good value for my money, especially with the online component, where you can design and share your own levels. I am not certain why this game is only a 6.3 user rating, as I see very few flaws in the game. Perhaps the biggest problem I have had is some technical issues, but not anything major. The new MGS4 pack has also been fun, as it adds a paint gun to the mix. Overall, I think this is well worth a purchase. Expand
  28. JoeyDigital
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game will open up more people to gaming. It has continual DLC all the time to keep mixing it up. Fantastic games with visuals only possible on the PS3!
  29. KyleT
    Dec 14, 2009
    One of the greatest games ever made I love the continuous 100s from reviewers then a 75 from armchair Empire "Having a continuous supply of new levels helps LittleBigPlanet remain fresh
  30. PrestonH
    Dec 15, 2009
    I don't understand all of the people saying this game isn't for hardcore gamers. I'm a hardcore gamer; I love shooters, I love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations people have made in the community. I don't understand all of the people saying this game isn't for hardcore gamers. I'm a hardcore gamer; I love shooters, I love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations people have made in the community. The replay value is unbelievable; I still jump onto LBP a few times a week and play a few levels with friends. I've had the game for a year. The only complaint I have is minor. There comes a point in the game where you reach a crossroads, and realize that the game is much, much more fun with friends, but much easier alone. This decision can be hard sometimes, but trust me, you will have fun no matter your age, no matter your playstyle, no matter how dumb you think the concept and premise of the game is. Expand
  31. samcc
    Dec 16, 2009
    this game is amazing if you have online which i bet hardly any of you have. the graphics are really good. some of the levels are difficult like the ast level but very enjoyable!
  32. marks
    Oct 25, 2009
    really cool idea. good for my kids. but i never had time or patience to create. i would score higher than 7.5 if it didnt lose appeal so quickly
  33. BrianN.
    Dec 8, 2009
    Fantastic and innovative game with thousands of user levels to play around with after you finish the single player campaign. Anyone who rated this below a 7 is an xbox fanboy or hasn't played it.
  34. CarlG
    Jan 3, 2009
    LittleBigPlanet is one of the finest games of this generation. Unlike some other reviewers on this site, I have a good deal of patience and can stand to go through one or two tutorial levels to get through to some of the most clever, inventive, and downright fun platforming ever. The premade levels really inspire creation- once you've opened up the Create mode, you realize how much LittleBigPlanet is one of the finest games of this generation. Unlike some other reviewers on this site, I have a good deal of patience and can stand to go through one or two tutorial levels to get through to some of the most clever, inventive, and downright fun platforming ever. The premade levels really inspire creation- once you've opened up the Create mode, you realize how much inventiveness, talent, and beauty there is in this game. The controls are spot-on; don't listen to those idiots who say that the jumping is bad. If you can't figure out that you need to mash X to jump high, and tap X to hop a little, then you don't need to be gaming at all. My non-gaming girlfriend has a blast with the game, and not once has she blamed the game's physics for any mistakes she makes. In summary, LittleBigPlanet is one of the few games that, as you play it, will bring a smile to your face. It's really that good. Believe the hype, this is one game that deserves it. Expand
  35. VixR
    Jan 4, 2009
    Superb! The story mode was short (well it felt short) but brilliant - the level creation is mind boggling...there isn't anything that you can't do in it. Online play is also awesome and the user-created content seems to be getting better and better as time goes by...I'd like to know where people get so much time to devote to their awesome levels!
  36. DanielD
    Oct 5, 2009
    This game caught my attention the moment I saw it, and it still does. It appeals to people of any age and the constant user generated levels keeps bringing me back. This game probably has the potential to have an infinite amount of lasting appeal because of how high creativity and imagination soars. It's not just a platformer, as many people say it is. Little Big Planet is so big This game caught my attention the moment I saw it, and it still does. It appeals to people of any age and the constant user generated levels keeps bringing me back. This game probably has the potential to have an infinite amount of lasting appeal because of how high creativity and imagination soars. It's not just a platformer, as many people say it is. Little Big Planet is so big that you can make a shooting level, puzzle level, music level, draw-on-a-piece-of-cardboard-level? Heck, I've even seen someone create a guitar hero concept. This game truly lived up to my expectations, and then some. The only problem I have is the online and the way people attempt to invite/join you in game. I'm hoping Mm can fix these problems as well as some data corruption, as they are very annoying. Other than that a terrific game that will keep people hooked for quite a while. Expand
  37. EliotH
    Jan 7, 2009
    LittleBigPlanet is brilliant. I am not generally a fan of strict plat-forming game but I love LBP. I'm a relatively new player and yet I find the controls to be quite fluid. I know a lot of people say that jumping feels slightly "floaty" and while I agree with that I don't think it brings the game down. In fact I think the whole thing is "floaty" and I consider that a LittleBigPlanet is brilliant. I am not generally a fan of strict plat-forming game but I love LBP. I'm a relatively new player and yet I find the controls to be quite fluid. I know a lot of people say that jumping feels slightly "floaty" and while I agree with that I don't think it brings the game down. In fact I think the whole thing is "floaty" and I consider that a compliment. Furthermore the replay value is incredible. You have your standard offline mode which has quite a few levels but then you go online and thats where the real fun is. The levels range from real plat-forming, smart pieces of machinery (I'm talking about the working calculator...wow!) and even just fun little music boxes that only require you too hold on to a button to listen to a midi song which is quite endearing. The create mode isn't as simple as they say. While the tutorials are required it isn't as annoying as it sounds. You can listen in to what you want and then achieve a little goal. It is quite intuitive. Sackboy is the last thing I'll comment on. He is CUTE! Not only that but also the way you control the emotions is hilarious. This game is fun, innovative, has endless possibilities and has a sense of humour. Expand
  38. JustinBailey
    Feb 16, 2009
    The limiting factor of this game is one's imagination. Therefore it stands to reason that if you lack creativity you should not play this game. That's not entirely true. If you can at the very least enjoy other people's creativity then you will enjoy this game.

Basically if you have any appreciation for the fact that this game is limitless in potential then you should own it, otherwise stick to your guns, however limited they may be.
  39. DouglasA.
    Feb 3, 2009
    This game got its very high ratings from critics based on its creativity. If you ever once contemplated buying a Nintendo Wii, you will probably love this game. This game is actually similar to the original Super Mario Bros in its style (two dimensional running through a map). Serious games who like shooters, role-playing games, and sports games, STAY AWAY. This game is meant for little This game got its very high ratings from critics based on its creativity. If you ever once contemplated buying a Nintendo Wii, you will probably love this game. This game is actually similar to the original Super Mario Bros in its style (two dimensional running through a map). Serious games who like shooters, role-playing games, and sports games, STAY AWAY. This game is meant for little kids and adults who have never been serious gamers. Expand
  40. matthewMurphy
    Mar 11, 2009
    If You're playing with at least 2 people, this game is a 10. If you're playing by yourself, it's a 5...so i met myself in the middle. Single player is definitely creative, but very monotonous. Grab a buddy, and the fun starts...and doesn't stop. Wierd, but that's the way it goes. Buy if you've got a couple buddies who will play with you.
  41. colino
    Mar 30, 2009
    The best game ever because it is easy to play, easy controls and its unique game category. One of the best games ever next to pacman and killzone 2. Awsome because anyone can create their own levels and costumes. Any level that is published can be played by anyone, rated and commented.
  42. DaveC
    Apr 13, 2009
    Dull, repetitive, shallow gameplay, made even worse by the unresponsive spongy controls - presumably the controls are bad to extend the life of the game as if it had decent controls you would easily fly through the levels in no time. Also, I'm willing to bet that most of the 9s and 10s reviewers are no longer playing this game as the novelty wears off very quickly. If you feel the Dull, repetitive, shallow gameplay, made even worse by the unresponsive spongy controls - presumably the controls are bad to extend the life of the game as if it had decent controls you would easily fly through the levels in no time. Also, I'm willing to bet that most of the 9s and 10s reviewers are no longer playing this game as the novelty wears off very quickly. If you feel the need to give it a go, rent it first. Expand
  43. AverageGamer
    Apr 19, 2009
    LBP is a brilliant game. That's why it's sad to see those spammers who rate bad and think they are funny, or those who have no skill and blame the game. Trust me, LBP will tie you on the sofa, and wont let you go until you have got all the levels complete. It's the best thing a PS3 owner can get. Your console is nothing without LBP. Just like 360 is nothing without Halo.
  44. RaulC
    Apr 9, 2009
    To put it simply. It's the only game where you feel that the main character is alive. Every other game you realize that you're using computer characters, Sackboy moves, feels, and looks like a tiny life being that lives inside the screen. Combine this with the masterful game and art design, and you have the one and only true innovative game(so far) this genereation. Play it with To put it simply. It's the only game where you feel that the main character is alive. Every other game you realize that you're using computer characters, Sackboy moves, feels, and looks like a tiny life being that lives inside the screen. Combine this with the masterful game and art design, and you have the one and only true innovative game(so far) this genereation. Play it with a friend it doubles the fun. Expand
  45. ShawnD
    Jun 28, 2009
    This game is not worth $60. It's a simple platforming game you would expect to see on a Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo, not a PS3. It's worth renting from the video store, but spending $60 is just a waste.
  46. GamingN
    Jul 27, 2009
    Beginning gears you up for more than it obtained once you have created numerous sack outfits and personalities the hype has died out. The large multitude of levels and worlds to explore become so repetitive it is painful to finish. I definitely expected more from this game of my "dreams" however I experienced a daytime nightmare while I was awake.
  47. HenryJ.
    Aug 17, 2009
    This type of games has become very rare nowadays,I thought I would never see a game again that focuses so much on creativity and innovation rather than clichèd violence and shooting,this is the pinnacle of pure gaming.It is innovative,creative,original,intelligent,gorgeous and,most importantly,fun to play.Not to mention it's absolutely endless replay value,you can create,share This type of games has become very rare nowadays,I thought I would never see a game again that focuses so much on creativity and innovation rather than clichèd violence and shooting,this is the pinnacle of pure gaming.It is innovative,creative,original,intelligent,gorgeous and,most importantly,fun to play.Not to mention it's absolutely endless replay value,you can create,share or play other people's levels online.This brilliant masterpiece is a must-have for any PS3 owner.Period. Expand
  48. BrentA
    Aug 31, 2009
    If I could give this game an 11 or 12 out of 10, I would. This is by far my favorite game of ALL TIME. You heard me right. This game is fun for everyone except for those 'hard core 1337 FPS players' who have tough skin and think this is a baby or noob game. You can sit with your whole family and create your own unique levels. The game offers plenty of material for building your If I could give this game an 11 or 12 out of 10, I would. This is by far my favorite game of ALL TIME. You heard me right. This game is fun for everyone except for those 'hard core 1337 FPS players' who have tough skin and think this is a baby or noob game. You can sit with your whole family and create your own unique levels. The game offers plenty of material for building your very own levels and with the DLC and the new water add-on, you won't be able to find something that's NOT possible to make. The game has a decent story mode to introduce you to the LBP universe and gives you many ideas for the create mode. But the best part of this game is definitely the "Share" aspect. You can upload your levels and they are then available for the world to play. If your one of the few PS3 owners that do not have this game, GET IT NOW. Expand
  49. AnonymousMC
    Sep 12, 2009
    The only people who give this below 8/10 are just xbox fanboys trying to put down a great game. I think its because they cant afford to renew their xbox live subscription. But anyway this game was amazing. Great graphics and so original, xbox fans are just jealous cos it would never fit on 9GB dvd
  50. guy!
    Sep 25, 2009
    SERIOUSLY OVERRATED!! 95?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!!???!!! this is the dumbest game i've ever played on the ps3, and has the platfrom BS i'd expect from a supernintendo. Everything about this game is just awful, basically, ur a doll hopping on platforms through a seriously F'd up gaming world. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it causes autism for the next generation.
  51. MikeC.
    Nov 11, 2008
    One of the most stellar and inventive editing sandboxes I've ever had the joy to play. If you don't have a big smile on your face the entire time you're playing this gem then you had better check your heartbeat, you're probably clinically dead. The tech powering the game is staggering, the graphics and sound seem to rival Pixar's efforts and the control scheme isOne of the most stellar and inventive editing sandboxes I've ever had the joy to play. If you don't have a big smile on your face the entire time you're playing this gem then you had better check your heartbeat, you're probably clinically dead. The tech powering the game is staggering, the graphics and sound seem to rival Pixar's efforts and the control scheme is simple so you don't even have to think about the controller at all, just what type of fun you want to have. A little on the repetitive side and requires alot of creativity from the player, but that's more than acceptable given the brilliance of the core editing design. This isn't a platformer, this is a creativity game. It's like being given a brand new box of crayons and reams of blank paper when you're a kid. Your mind can run wilder and you can have more fun creating than you would just coloring between the lines in a Disney book. Every PS3 owner with the desire to create should pick this up. Expand
  52. BJStevens
    Nov 14, 2008
    This is the best game I have played in years. Probably the best video game I have ever played in my life, in fact. I'm very impressed with it, and I play a lot of games from all different genres on a variety of platforms. Little Big Planet has raised the bar for video games. It is incredibly fun, and anyone can find a lot to like about it, whether it be a hardcore gamer like me orThis is the best game I have played in years. Probably the best video game I have ever played in my life, in fact. I'm very impressed with it, and I play a lot of games from all different genres on a variety of platforms. Little Big Planet has raised the bar for video games. It is incredibly fun, and anyone can find a lot to like about it, whether it be a hardcore gamer like me or someone just looking to have some fun in a wonderfully designed game world. You really have to play it to understand what a work of art this game is. 10/10. Expand
  53. MarkoBuxton
    Nov 14, 2008
    The only reason this game has a 6.3 is because of douches who give it a zero because it's not a shooter game. Shooters are great but they get old just like any game. Little Big Planet is great not a 10 but still pretty good. Fun to screw with people online too, slapping and grabbing people is fun
  54. SeanMurphy
    Nov 17, 2008
    I've only had the game for less than a week and I can already firmly say that the game is one of the most engaging gaming experiences I've ever had. From the quirky, jaw-dropping graphics, to the remarkablly intuitive use of the entire PS3 controller for everything from game action, interactive pop-up menus, controls for Sackboy's arms, and even his expressions (an entireI've only had the game for less than a week and I can already firmly say that the game is one of the most engaging gaming experiences I've ever had. From the quirky, jaw-dropping graphics, to the remarkablly intuitive use of the entire PS3 controller for everything from game action, interactive pop-up menus, controls for Sackboy's arms, and even his expressions (an entire range of tongue out happy to open mouth crying based on up and down button pushes on the original directional buttons). The gameplay is based on the classic platformer (i.e. Mario/Crash etc.) but really takes it into the next generation of gaming with the gorgeous textures, lighting and fun to be had everywhere you look. The further you get into the game, the more items you collect. Items that can be used for everything from personalizing your Sackboy to your own tastes, to using those items and textures to create your own levels to play yourself or share via the PSN for everyone to enjoy your creativity. As long as your connected to the PSN at the end of challenges and/or levels a Hi-Score board is shown showing how your score ranks among the entire world, which brings back memories of classic arcade game leader boards. This game will surely be a system seller, and a very hot item this holiday season. If you own a PS3 you absolutely must own this game. This game will almost certainly serve as a touch point where video gaming went to another level. I can't wait to get home and continue with my journey. Expand
  55. JayK
    Nov 17, 2008
    Beautiful, unique, extremely fun, some of the best co-op ever. Great art and music. Very creative. One of the only games I can play with my wife.

The built in levels are fantastic. The level editor is very impressive. In my opinion, one of the top 10 games ever. Definitely one of the best platformers ever. Only drawbacks: "floaty" controls, and slightly frustrating jumping into

The built in levels are fantastic. The level editor is very impressive.
    Only drawbacks: "floaty" controls, and slightly frustrating jumping into and out of the screen; I'm sure this was a purposeful (if misguided) design choice. However, the levels are very fun, and don't depend on the same "precision" as other platformers, so it works out.
  56. stu
    Nov 17, 2008
    I gave it 10. Its a 10 because this game is amazing. I have not felt like this about a game since playing Jet Set Willy in 1984!!! This game took me back to the joy of playing games. It's what gaming should be about, it should be fun, it should be about playing with a mate, it should take your imagination for a ride that you wont forget. Thats what LBP does and it does itI gave it 10. Its a 10 because this game is amazing. I have not felt like this about a game since playing Jet Set Willy in 1984!!! This game took me back to the joy of playing games. It's what gaming should be about, it should be fun, it should be about playing with a mate, it should take your imagination for a ride that you wont forget. Thats what LBP does and it does it brilliantly!!! You must get this game. Expand
  57. MilesM
    Nov 18, 2008
    Maybe game of the year. I only say maybe because of Fallout 3, which just barely beats this one out, IMHO.
    The platforming is a bit... floaty, as in the controls are not as precise as they should be, but the level creation is amazing, and probably the only reason to own this game. That said, it does have some limitations - which you will probably only see if you have played with a true 3D editor.
    If you own a PS3, you should have this game. It's probably the only reason to own Sony's black box (as of 11/08).
  58. BruceD
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have to say this game is one of the best I've ever played. Graphically it's gorgeous, the presentation is top-notch, and beyond all that the gameplay is refreshing and a throwback to the platformers of old. I could be considered a M$ fanboy in most respects as I did not own a single PS3 game since I bought it back 2 years ago (I use it mostly as a blu-ray player), until now. I have to say this game is one of the best I've ever played. Graphically it's gorgeous, the presentation is top-notch, and beyond all that the gameplay is refreshing and a throwback to the platformers of old. I could be considered a M$ fanboy in most respects as I did not own a single PS3 game since I bought it back 2 years ago (I use it mostly as a blu-ray player), until now. It is simply amazing how the developers were able to push the graphics on the PS3 like they did. Let's face it, the PS3 in terms of it's GPU performance is out-matched by the xbox360 (most developers like me would agree). LBP forces us to think about that sentiment. Major props for Media Molecule for developing a game for the history books. Expand
  59. BobM.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Good game but doesn't deliver on all fronts, Playing online is a lag fest, finding a usercreated level that is acutally good is unheard of, allows one to make their own level and use their creativity to guide them.
  60. JoshuaB.
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is a game that came from a small game developer team called MediaMolecule. And from there imaginations, came one of the most amazing games to ever grace the PS3. The thing is, it's not all about the single player. It's relativitely short, and can get frustrating at times, but the fact is that they made the single player using the tools from the level editor, in my eyes the This is a game that came from a small game developer team called MediaMolecule. And from there imaginations, came one of the most amazing games to ever grace the PS3. The thing is, it's not all about the single player. It's relativitely short, and can get frustrating at times, but the fact is that they made the single player using the tools from the level editor, in my eyes the main attraction. This is where a lot of the fun starts, but is nothing compaired to what happens if you have an account online on PSN. You can play other peoples published levels, rate them, comment on them, describe them and heart them (Favourite them). On the Playstation Online Store there is loads of DLC already, and I'll bet you there will be plenty more. All this makes the game last forever, if you want it to, but playing through these levels you will be controlling the games mascot: The sackboy. At first sight he's the sort of thing 8 year old girls like to buy from a toy shop, but the sackboy is basically a blank canvas. Along with costumes you can unlock in the game you can place stickers all over them, basically letting you make it look like whatever you want. Heck, my sackboy is the Joker of Batman. To finish this review off, I'm going to say about the controls, the physics, and core gameplay. Infact, controls are nearly as important as anything else. Make a great game, then create shoddy controls for it and it ruins it all. Thankfully, for littlebigplanet, thats not the case. The Left analog stick controls the sackboys movement and movement through the layers, holding R2 or/and L2 and moving both analog sticks controls the sackboys hands, X is to jump, SQUARE to open the Popit! Menu, R1 to grab onto things (e.g things made out of sponge, other sackpeople) and Holding L2 or R2 and flicking one of the anolog sticks to slap. And the physics are AWESOME. Different materials react differently; Wood is sturdy but can set on fire and be blown up, Sponge is light and grabbable and can be blown up, Cardboard is not that heavy, can be blown up, and can set on fire, peachy material is the lightest of the materials and is extremely floaty, stone is very heavy but cant be blown up or set on fire or conduct electricity, and metal is the heaviest, cant be blown up, cant set on fire, but can conduct sack-killing electricity. And for the gameplay, basically think mario+3 layers that the player can move through+ awesome physics=LittleBigPlanet. Oh and the graphics. They're awesome to, with each surface looking realistic, and the sackboys being very detailed. Expand
  61. AndrewL.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Easily the best game to come out this year since MGS4 everything about it is perfect. As soon as you start running through the opening credits (literally) you fall in love with little Sackboy and fight through each level waiting for the next hilarious get-up he (or she) is gonna wear. Online play can be a bit stuffy at times but its forgiveable considering how amazingly useful that extra Easily the best game to come out this year since MGS4 everything about it is perfect. As soon as you start running through the opening credits (literally) you fall in love with little Sackboy and fight through each level waiting for the next hilarious get-up he (or she) is gonna wear. Online play can be a bit stuffy at times but its forgiveable considering how amazingly useful that extra person is in getting all the leftover stickers and outfits for your 100% completion Platinum PS3 trophy. Cheers to Media Molecule for a perfect game. Expand
  62. joehasham
    Nov 30, 2008
    this game drops from a 9/10 down to a 2/10 due to the killing of the user created contnet community by the developers over zealous moderation of user created contnet
    as it stands all the good levels in LBP have been deleted an blocked from being shared online again
    way to cut off the hand that feeds you
  63. TarkanT.
    Oct 13, 2008
    You can never get tired of it. When you make a level, it's unique to you. It shows your personality, the quality you put into it. And when you're bored of that level, make a new one!! Hey, who's stopping you? It's so easy to do what you want to do, and it makes you more creative.
  64. JacobH.g
    Oct 13, 2008
    The beta was incredibly fun, and surprisingly deep. Most of the naysayers have yet to experience the game. Once you pick up the controller, you won't put it down. Trust me. I played for four days straight -- when I had free time -- and only stopped playing because the beta expired. Finally, a game that makes me proud to own a PS3.
  65. JoeS.
    Oct 13, 2008
    An excellent platformer which provides many many hours of content and creativity when it comes to building your own levels. Highly recommended for people of all ages. And lol at the xbox fans purposely downgrading this game. It just proves how greatly received this game is to game reviewers and the general public. If you're this insecure and afraid of a great video game on a rival An excellent platformer which provides many many hours of content and creativity when it comes to building your own levels. Highly recommended for people of all ages. And lol at the xbox fans purposely downgrading this game. It just proves how greatly received this game is to game reviewers and the general public. If you're this insecure and afraid of a great video game on a rival console, I kindly suggest professional help. Expand
  66. TimL.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This is by far the most fun and inovative game in a very very long time.The games Textures are top notch,The possibilies are endless as is creative user levels,Its very charming and the narative can be extremly funny and witty,My only gripe about this game is the floaty controls,but that can be fixed via a patch .Overall I give this game a 9.9 rounded to 10,If your a PS3 owner this is a This is by far the most fun and inovative game in a very very long time.The games Textures are top notch,The possibilies are endless as is creative user levels,Its very charming and the narative can be extremly funny and witty,My only gripe about this game is the floaty controls,but that can be fixed via a patch .Overall I give this game a 9.9 rounded to 10,If your a PS3 owner this is a Must have! Expand
  67. TimD
    Oct 14, 2008
    Standard platforming with poorly-implemented, overly-robust physics engine. User-generated content is a big plus, but level-design tools are weak, time-consuming, and condescending. It's not fun to make your own level - feels like a chore. The potential for greatness if users create amazing levels, but you can't score for potential... Cuteness factor will appeal to a large Standard platforming with poorly-implemented, overly-robust physics engine. User-generated content is a big plus, but level-design tools are weak, time-consuming, and condescending. It's not fun to make your own level - feels like a chore. The potential for greatness if users create amazing levels, but you can't score for potential... Cuteness factor will appeal to a large audience but likely turn off core gamers in a big way. Expand
  68. ChrisT.
    Oct 14, 2008
    Jealousy will get you nowhere X-Box only owners. Do yourself a favour as I did when I purchased a 360 and get a PS3. It's better than wasting your life not playing your console but sitting on a website voting a game you don't own and havent played on a system you don't own either! Very sad and dissapointing. If being a 'Hardcore Gamer' involves doing that sort of Jealousy will get you nowhere X-Box only owners. Do yourself a favour as I did when I purchased a 360 and get a PS3. It's better than wasting your life not playing your console but sitting on a website voting a game you don't own and havent played on a system you don't own either! Very sad and dissapointing. If being a 'Hardcore Gamer' involves doing that sort of thing then I am glad to disassociate myself from such a lowly title. Shame on you, retarded 6 year olds. Expand
  69. JoseC.
    Oct 14, 2008
    This game is absolutely gorgeous! you´ll be spending a lot of time building your levles with the amazing tools that media molecule gives to you. Everything in the game is very easy to use and if you can imagine it you can be sure you can build it. The levels that come with the game are awesome and very entertaining, you can get ideas from there to. Sharing your levels is the best This game is absolutely gorgeous! you´ll be spending a lot of time building your levles with the amazing tools that media molecule gives to you. Everything in the game is very easy to use and if you can imagine it you can be sure you can build it. The levels that come with the game are awesome and very entertaining, you can get ideas from there to. Sharing your levels is the best part, and being able to play all the great levels from other users is the best part of the game! Sure, there will be some levels that suck, but for the most part i am sure that there are people out there that are going to creat amazing things. P.S. Why is this 6.9 in user average? Expand
  70. WayneHoggett
    Oct 14, 2008
    The user reviews are at 6.2 out of 10 and the game hasn't even been released yet. Are Nintendo and Xbox fans coming here and voting zero just to bring the score down? The magazine reviewers have actually played the game. This is one of the most innovative games of our time and you must give it a try.
  71. jimsmith
    Oct 14, 2008
    This game is really dumb, it lacks any kind of story, and really fails to appeal to any kind of gamer over the age of 4. Do yourself a favor and pass on this one because it is nothing more than a waste of time. It seems the PS3 fails once again to claim a good exclusive.
  72. joshualozano
    Oct 14, 2008
    The games slow pace is not for me. 2D side scrollers should not be $60 and the user created maps are all too similar.

There are NO real enemies!
    The Beta was fun for 2 hours-- I'm glad I checked it out but I'm not going to buy it.
  73. PeterS.
    Oct 14, 2008
    While the beta that brought large commercial websites to a crawl or crash from thousands of people attempting to get a key was quite an experience, the final build of the game is teaming with so much more life than I could have ever expected. The radiant story levels were expertly crafted and the endless array of stickers, objects, and tools to create and share your own masterpieces boldy While the beta that brought large commercial websites to a crawl or crash from thousands of people attempting to get a key was quite an experience, the final build of the game is teaming with so much more life than I could have ever expected. The radiant story levels were expertly crafted and the endless array of stickers, objects, and tools to create and share your own masterpieces boldy define one of the more unique offerings of the generation. Any Playstation 3 owner is playing with an empty, soulless multimedia system until they pick up their very own copy of Little Big Planet. Expand
  74. EdH.
    Oct 14, 2008
    Calling Little Big Planet a "game" is a massive misrepresentation of what it actually is. It feels more like a powerful development kit, where creative minds can quickly and easily paint their thoughts without having to be slowed down with learning how to program. The only thing not making this game perfect is the limited amount of controls you have with the character you are using, but Calling Little Big Planet a "game" is a massive misrepresentation of what it actually is. It feels more like a powerful development kit, where creative minds can quickly and easily paint their thoughts without having to be slowed down with learning how to program. The only thing not making this game perfect is the limited amount of controls you have with the character you are using, but being able to play an endless amount of levels more than makes up for it. Expand
  75. TriDao
    Oct 14, 2008
    This is a 2D platformer than you can play offline or online or a mix between the two. You can also create your own levels using simple but deep tools and then share it with the community. The community will then rate your level and you can be featured on the weekly/monthly/daily top 10 charts!
  76. Cangrejolacruz
    Nov 4, 2008
    This game is really fun. Best platformer This Gen.
  77. DavinG.
    Nov 4, 2008
    Just beat the last story level and the whole game lived up to the hype and even surpassed it a bit. Wouldn't usually give the game a 10, id say it deserves a 9 or 9.5, but gotta cancel out the fanboys who scored it at 1 before it was even released.
  78. HiamM.
    Oct 15, 2008
    I had the privilege of previewing this game a few days ago, and all I can say is that is like NOTHING you have ever played before. The integration of game development into user gameplay is genius and will keep you playing for a very long time. Great great value. Uniqueness at it's best.
  79. mohammedsadiq
    This is nevertheless one of the best PS3 game of 2008
  80. JackTheNipper
    Oct 15, 2008
    I got into the beta without knowing much of this game, but it was completely different experience of anything seen before. Everything was to easy to do but still exciting in a different way. Game truly felt refreshing. This is definitely a new milestone how games should be made from now on. If next Gears of War, CoD, Mario, MGS does not have play, create, share aspect I will not buy them. I got into the beta without knowing much of this game, but it was completely different experience of anything seen before. Everything was to easy to do but still exciting in a different way. Game truly felt refreshing. This is definitely a new milestone how games should be made from now on. If next Gears of War, CoD, Mario, MGS does not have play, create, share aspect I will not buy them. In fact I despite everything that falls short of LBP now.. LittleBigPlanet is the future of gaming, period! Expand
  81. KyleY
    Nov 5, 2008
    In the land of FPS/3PS and MMO's its about time a good platformer came out. All in all it's an amazing game, kept me hooked until the end of the boxed levels. Challenging and frustrating at points, but still playable. The replay factor is high because face it, you gotta get all those stickers and objects, as well as ace the levels. Playing online is a little laggy (horribly so In the land of FPS/3PS and MMO's its about time a good platformer came out. All in all it's an amazing game, kept me hooked until the end of the boxed levels. Challenging and frustrating at points, but still playable. The replay factor is high because face it, you gotta get all those stickers and objects, as well as ace the levels. Playing online is a little laggy (horribly so when you connect to the game occasionally). Most of the player made levels range from amazing to not bad, with very few terrible ones. All in all a very good game, and a must have for any real fan of platformers or level creation. Expand
  82. MarkB.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This game is absolutely brilliant; from gorgeous graphics, to well-done physics, to beautiful pre-made levels (over 60!), to the youtube-like tagging and sharing of levels, to the Create mode used to create virtually anything imaginable, this game is a winner that comes closer to perfection than any other console game before it.
  83. AaronChapman
    Nov 5, 2008
    This game is absolute rubbish. I'm sure microsoft would of done a better job with this. The PS3 will never stand up to the XBox 360 and Wii, and i am ashamed to admit it as i am a PS3 owner.
    If you want to discuss this further, add me on msn : lil-azza@hotmail.com
    Or talk to me on myspace =]
  84. JB
    Oct 15, 2008
    Played the Beta and it was damn Awesome. Can only imagine what the full version will be like. Possibly the greatest feat in this generation of video games.
  85. gRANTlYNN
    Oct 16, 2008
    Not fun - i have done this all before and its so fiddly - no competition and kinda sick of it already. boring for players unless youre a wannabe game designer- lame childish noises and characters with craptastic direction. A luvvies hype machine but a waste of time and money for regular consumers -
  86. CyrilleM.
    Oct 17, 2008
    I haven't played the game yet, as many of the voters here. So my rating is to adjust and balance the average rating that can only be wrong at this time. By what I heard, I'm pretty sure that the game is one of the best of the year, but I can't tell more.
  87. DylanR
    Nov 8, 2008
    Ok. Thisgame doesn't warrant a ten, its controls are a bit too unrefined for that, however i shall ot suffer unfair damage from fanboys on either side, as im gonna go remark on gears next. Still this game is a solid nine and if the controls were a touch more intuitive it'd be a ten. The level creation tools are psychotically fun and you can make essentially anything. Hell i even Ok. Thisgame doesn't warrant a ten, its controls are a bit too unrefined for that, however i shall ot suffer unfair damage from fanboys on either side, as im gonna go remark on gears next. Still this game is a solid nine and if the controls were a touch more intuitive it'd be a ten. The level creation tools are psychotically fun and you can make essentially anything. Hell i even saw a calculator. Frankly i don't give a flying rat about online multiplayer but I should mention that the online co-op aspect is extremely broken. However playing levels from other people is easy and fun so long as you do it alone or with local multiplayer. If you don't get this then your not getting the full value of your PS3. which some fanboy prick will inevitably remark, is none. Expand
  88. JeremyP
    Nov 8, 2008
    Awesome game. For those that don't like being creative though, this game is NOT for you. The Story mode is nice, and well done, and over time there will be a lot more user created content that doesn't suck. But you won't like it if you can't create things on your own.
  89. Lazlo
    Oct 18, 2008
    Okay, I own a 360 but I also own a PS3 and Wii so don't claim that I'm just some fanboy. I loved this game (beta) in a lot of different ways, but disliked it in a lot too. The single-player levels were decent, a little boring and lacked any real heart, but decent nonetheless. The level editor was really cool. Some of the features seemed really odd, like limiting how much stuff Okay, I own a 360 but I also own a PS3 and Wii so don't claim that I'm just some fanboy. I loved this game (beta) in a lot of different ways, but disliked it in a lot too. The single-player levels were decent, a little boring and lacked any real heart, but decent nonetheless. The level editor was really cool. Some of the features seemed really odd, like limiting how much stuff you can put on an object, and not being able to change the color of the material w/o a sticker (seriously, what the crap?) but the creator overall was a blast. The only reason I give it a lower score is because the tools for a great game do necessarily make a great game. That's like saying a pile of lumber is awesome because it could be a huge mansion, or that a blank canvas and a bucket of paint is brilliant because it has the ability to be turned into a masterpiece. No, what the players do with those tools is great, not the tools themselves. I praise Media Molecule for offering such a rich tapestry of creation tools, but those alone do not make the game for me. Can't wait to play the final copy, though. Expand
  90. RogerR.
    Nov 9, 2008
    There is simply nothing like LittleBigPlanet anywhere else. It's a fun game that you can play with anyone, kids, adults, teens, it has appeal for everybody. The ability to create and share your own levels is something else that everyone should enjoy. This is the best game for PS3 so far.
  91. SamuelM.
    Oct 19, 2008
    I HAVE played this game (the beta at least). And I can say that it is truly everything I had hoped for and had been looking forward to for the last year and a half. I can say that this game is the first truly endless game that I have ever owned. I can picture myself 20 years from now playing the same ratty old copy of this game on my PS5-and still having a fresh new experience. Other I HAVE played this game (the beta at least). And I can say that it is truly everything I had hoped for and had been looking forward to for the last year and a half. I can say that this game is the first truly endless game that I have ever owned. I can picture myself 20 years from now playing the same ratty old copy of this game on my PS5-and still having a fresh new experience. Other games may come and go, but this is an instant classic and has no reason not to last a lifetime. Expand
  92. TomRadd
    Dec 1, 2008
    OK, before I tell you what I think about the game let me briefly explain my background on this: Im a pretty 'early adopter' of the PS3 system. I like it a lot, enjoy many of the games. I feel from a general entertainment perspective (i.e. not just games, also video / internet / BluRay / etc etc), there is no comparable system on the market currently. I've been eagerly OK, before I tell you what I think about the game let me briefly explain my background on this: Im a pretty 'early adopter' of the PS3 system. I like it a lot, enjoy many of the games. I feel from a general entertainment perspective (i.e. not just games, also video / internet / BluRay / etc etc), there is no comparable system on the market currently. I've been eagerly anticipating LBP from day one. I instantly fell in love with the first trailers, the cute Sackboy character, the phantastic music score in the trailers. I have to admit, I then almost lost interest in the title, almost forgot about it, due to the constant launch delays. However when the game eventually came out, I felt I had to buy not. Not so much because I still really really wanted it bad, but because it was one of those titles I had 'planned' to buy ever since I bought my PS3 1.5 yrs ago. Oh, and another thing, I consider myself a gamer who enjoys new game concepts. I think there's nothing more exciting than experiencing a new and well-crafted game concept that tries something new in an inspired and well-devised way. I'm even ready to accept a number of flaws in a game, if I can tell that the underlying concept is really exciting and new. (Point in case: Assassin's Creed - certainly a game with quite a number of flaws, but the general underlying idea ist great. Even though the game has issues, I could still enjoy it a lot due to its general 'vision' that simply clicked with me.) OK, so I bought LBP. First letdown when I looked at the info on the game box: it's only 720p!!! Somehow, I think from the trailers, I was under the impression this was a 1080p game. Not the case.
    Huge disappointment! But what the heck, I thought, let's move on. So I installed it. To make things short: I invested about two sessions of about 45 minutes each into this thing, and I dont't think I'll ever play it again. It's one of the most boringt bits of software / games / whatever I've ever played. As a matter of fact, I haven't even gotten past the first few tutorial levels (at least I assume that I was still in a tutorial environment, as it felt like one). I have never even gotten the chance of playing an actual level or one of those 'user generated levels' simply because I DIDNT GET THERE!!! The tutorial is incredibly boring, most of the time your character just stands around watching unbelievably long explanatory videos with a narrator that talks soooooo slow... I probably should've gotten suspicious in the very beginning when the opening credits where mostly a gallery of photographs (!!!!!!) of the development team... Anyway... Bottom line: what we have got here is what happens when clever developers show a cute little demo with a cute little character (Sackboy) to some marketing guys, tell them a lot of bull about user generated content blah blah social networking blah blah 'the youtube of the gamers community' blah blah... I think Sony is just generally pretty open to that kind of bull (point in case: Home -- I BET by now this is going to be the next big boring disappointment -- at least the symptoms are the same: feels right at first sight, then launch date is pushed more and more...). The only thing that really worries me about all this (apart from the fact that I should've spent my money for something else) is that the game keeps getting all these phantastic high scores. What is wrong with these reviewers? Are they all bribed or are they afraid they're considerd "not cool" if they do not give this game 100%??? End of text. Oh, why do I rate this game "1" instead of "0"? There's one really nice background tune in the game. I liked that. Shame it's the best part about the game.
  93. KyleT.
    Oct 21, 2008
    I assume those who rated this badly are either connoisseurs of solely the FPS and sports game genres, or anti PS3 fanboys. Even only having a small taste of the Beta of LittleBigPlanet, I can honestly say that it will be one of my favorite games this year. Even with the meager 4 levels given in the beta, I played constantly due to the plethora of incredible user created levels as well as I assume those who rated this badly are either connoisseurs of solely the FPS and sports game genres, or anti PS3 fanboys. Even only having a small taste of the Beta of LittleBigPlanet, I can honestly say that it will be one of my favorite games this year. Even with the meager 4 levels given in the beta, I played constantly due to the plethora of incredible user created levels as well as the fun of making levels myself. My wife loves it, I love it, all of my friends have loved it. I can picture playing this for a while. Expand
  94. garymccafferty
    Dec 14, 2008
    i bought this game a few days after it came out on sale it was the best 40 pound i have ever spent the whole game layout and design is great because there is so much to do on the game its endless it gives me hours and hours of fun i give it 10/10 cant wait to get my hands on more costumes
  95. BrandonC
    Oct 22, 2008
    wow a 6 for a user rating.Definitely the work of fanboys.2000 votes and its not even released.Yea,Xbox fanboys must be shitting their pants if their gonna rate LBP that way.Don't worry,this is only your second loss.Socom was your first,wait till Resistance2 owns your beloved Gears series.Then we'll see the scores you give that.
  96. ChrisC.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Amazingly fun game. Creation is very deep and will let you do almost anything you can imagine if you spend the time. Online in the beta was really well thought out and it seems the final version will be the same. The only bad thing about it is the delay, which fortunately I got around.
  97. DaveC.
    Dec 27, 2008
    I payed $360 for this game (as I bought an entire system to just play this) and say that it's all worth it. This is heaven for anyone who is creative or imaginative! Please note though, that the game by itself (meaning the levels which are provided) are nothing that great. THE REASON WHY THIS GAME IS SO GREAT IS FROM THE EDITOR! If you are looking for complete entertainment from the I payed $360 for this game (as I bought an entire system to just play this) and say that it's all worth it. This is heaven for anyone who is creative or imaginative! Please note though, that the game by itself (meaning the levels which are provided) are nothing that great. THE REASON WHY THIS GAME IS SO GREAT IS FROM THE EDITOR! If you are looking for complete entertainment from the levels which are provided, than disappointment is in order for you! LBP is intended for people to use their own ideas to create their own special worlds! I took the time to read some of the undeserved low scores for this game to see what people were complaining about. Most of them didn't know what they were buying. YOU ARE BUYING A LEVEL EDITOR! And for that it deserves high scores. Expand
  98. Scott
    Dec 29, 2008
    First of all, I am not a 360 fan trying to lower the score of this game. In fact, I don't even own a 360. That said, I do not see what all the hype is about. So far I've finished single player, downloaded a few levels, and made a few of my own. None of this was as much fun as it was cracked up to be, so I went to multiplayer. Multiplayer with your buddies is pretty fun, First of all, I am not a 360 fan trying to lower the score of this game. In fact, I don't even own a 360. That said, I do not see what all the hype is about. So far I've finished single player, downloaded a few levels, and made a few of my own. None of this was as much fun as it was cracked up to be, so I went to multiplayer. Multiplayer with your buddies is pretty fun, I'll admit. If you plan on playing with anonymous players, look elsewhere. See, there's a gate at the beginning of each level. Once someone crosses this gate, anyone else who joins the game is forced to sit and watch, and cannot play with the group. This results in common occurrences where you'll join 10-20 games in a row, only to not be able to play, and be expected to sit and watch. It's absolutely absurd! There are checkpoints everywhere, and you ought to be able to join in at the next checkpoint! I figured this was how it worked, since in single player I was completely baffled by how many checkpoints there were. Then I figured that is must be so players can join in with little waiting. Wrong! What's left is an okay game. Not great, not even good, but okay. It's still fun to round up a few friends and run through some levels, but with such a focus on community, I really looked forward to playing with some fellow PS3 owners out in the wild, and the game practically hates you for trying to do that. I'm giving it a 5, because that was THE aspect I was most excited for in this game, and it's completely butchered. I'm not much of a level creator, as this literally takes hours to accomplish and I just do not have that kind of time. That said, it is a very robust editor if you're willing to devote hours on end to finishing your work. All in all, without a doubt my biggest disappointment this year. I was really excited to give this game a try, and it's not anything like it was cracked up to be. I've seen nothing but acclaim for this game, and I seriously wonder what I'm missing. Sure it's cute, sure it's charming, but so are games like Ratchet & Clank Future, and that game has character, and a good story, and great voice acting, and tremendous amounts of fun. This has creativity, but falls flat on its face in all other aspects. I would strongly suggest renting this game first, as I wish I had. Expand
  99. HarryJ.
    Oct 23, 2008
    The first time you play it or see it, it impress a lot, the "infinite posibilities", but thats all. It gets really boring if we assume that everybody is not a born level creator, without the level creator it sucks. the game is pretty, but i dont think it deserves a perfect score.
  100. AndrewR.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I am very disapointed with LBP. I was in the beta and was impressed with the detail of the visuals. Thats it. It was kind of fun to play but very repetative. Also very offensive to some americans. I played one level where I flew a plane into the world trade center and onother where I had to escape off the top of the wtc building only to find every escape led to certain death. Because of I am very disapointed with LBP. I was in the beta and was impressed with the detail of the visuals. Thats it. It was kind of fun to play but very repetative. Also very offensive to some americans. I played one level where I flew a plane into the world trade center and onother where I had to escape off the top of the wtc building only to find every escape led to certain death. Because of these levels I have to vote the game 0/10 because of the recall over "offensive quran quotes". Even though I was excited to play originally I have canceled my preorder and I will be stayin clear of this game whos with me? Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.