• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.7

1. GordonJ.
    Oct 22, 2008
    I managed to get one of the 'recalled' games. The physics is terrible. You can barely jump. Since this game is basically a platformer, and the jumping is nearly broken, I am extremely disappointed. They say they are working on a patch, well great, I've already played the game. Thanks a whole bunch.
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    LittleBigPlanet is one of the most overrated games on this console generation.For me,this game was just boring and repeative crap.I can´t understand what´s so amazing about this game
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    I can see how people liked this game. But I didn't. I personally believe that games should be able to stand up on single player alone. LBP does the opposite of that. Furthermore, it is just far too boring to create a beautiful level. Downloadling levels off PSN is terrible too. Sure, there are excellent levels, but most are terrible, and I'm not wading though a river of sewage to find one diamond.
  4. Jan 4, 2012
    Incredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but aIncredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but a good game must have a good storyline (yes even in platformers) and this game certainly does not have one. Expand
  5. AnonymousMC
    Oct 14, 2008
    Excellent game, solid platforming/puzzle/physics milkshake with a create-mode-cherry on top. LBP will live a long and prosperous life and make a new breed of gamers. If you need a reason to buy a PS3, this is it.

As for the score, I think this game needs an 11/10. Because there is no 11 on metacritic, lets assume the scores above 10 start from the beginning. Most people have already figured that out too!
  6. guy!
    Sep 25, 2009
    SERIOUSLY OVERRATED!! 95?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!!???!!! this is the dumbest game i've ever played on the ps3, and has the platfrom BS i'd expect from a supernintendo. Everything about this game is just awful, basically, ur a doll hopping on platforms through a seriously F'd up gaming world. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it causes autism for the next generation.
  7. Jan 18, 2013
    I bough this, played for about a half hour, and have not put it in my PS3 since... Seems fun however I will not finish playing it because I absolutly can not stand the fact that you have to use the goddamn control stick to move... It is a side scroller/platformer and the PS3 has a D-pad(not sure what to call it?) so there is no excuse why I can't use it...
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    Awful game. When I see multiple Game of the Year awards I get excited. But LittleBIgPlanet offers nothing new. The ability to create, play and share user generated content has been in other games already. The jumping is also awful. Which is the most important part of any platforming game. I can't recommend this game to anyone but 5 year old kids.
  9. joshualozano
    Oct 14, 2008
    The games slow pace is not for me. 2D side scrollers should not be $60 and the user created maps are all too similar.

There are NO real enemies!
    The Beta was fun for 2 hours-- I'm glad I checked it out but I'm not going to buy it.
  10. Dec 11, 2013
    Probably the most overrated game of recent years. The idea off the community making all kinds of levels and sharing them is amazing. However, what's the point if the gameplay is aweful? The sackthings are uncontrollable and playing this game is just a chore.
    This last one is just opinion, but I'm not a fan of the world created here either. Everything is made out of cardboard or something? Don't like it at all.
  11. BenTen
    Oct 15, 2009
    This is the worst game i've played for PS3, its not challanging at all, it gets borring really fast, I got to admit, the graphics are kind of nice and cute, but the gameplay is worse than that of some flashgames.
  12. Dec 20, 2010
    Wooooow, this game isn't just bad, it's horrid. It looks like something a stupid 3 year old would play. This game is bad with a capital B! Graphics were awful and game play was trash. It's an attempt at a platformer and it failed. I mean, a sack kid as a main character? Really!? This game has no skill involved. It's stupid, lame and a waste of time!
  13. coolman
    Oct 12, 2008
    complete shit xbox 360 shits on this game it sux donkey ballz. They made mario except boring and shit. Instead of mario we have a grey puppet that's how imaginutive ps3 is.

Instead of sick 2d mario we have 3 depths which is fucken confusing and kills the game. The map creator is dull as fuck and only fun if your a spotty nerd who bumlick sony by making maps all your life for no

The map creator is dull as fuck and only fun if your a spotty nerd who bumlick sony by making maps all your life for no monies.

anyway all playslaves do is make penis levels because theres is so small that they need 2 make one on the game to wank each other off.

shit platformin and shit map making = shit game 0/10
  14. gRANTlYNN
    Oct 16, 2008
    Not fun - i have done this all before and its so fiddly - no competition and kinda sick of it already. boring for players unless youre a wannabe game designer- lame childish noises and characters with craptastic direction. A luvvies hype machine but a waste of time and money for regular consumers -
  15. SonyDefenseForce
    Oct 21, 2008
    This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected This is a terrible little kiddie game that should have been on a little kiddie system like the wii. PS3 owners should be embarrassed that this steaming pile of donkey doo is on their system. The graphics are horrible, the controls are ridiculously bad, and the game is not one ounce of fun. I would hardly call it a game. Do not touch LittleBigPlanet with a ten foot pole, it is infected with the disgusting Sony disease. After playing this game I wanted to kill myself. Expand
  16. LukeM.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  17. Seppotaalasmaa
    Aug 12, 2009
    This game is too overrated crap. Only reason why this have so big score couse its "child-friendly" and "special" and different than other games. This is just a game what the developers did for money. I dont understand why this level editor-system is so "amazing". there are many more creative games with level editors and character editors. You'll get bored to this in 2 weeks... notThis game is too overrated crap. Only reason why this have so big score couse its "child-friendly" and "special" and different than other games. This is just a game what the developers did for money. I dont understand why this level editor-system is so "amazing". there are many more creative games with level editors and character editors. You'll get bored to this in 2 weeks... not worth of money, not worth of time Expand
  18. StanKojima
    Nov 5, 2008
    Can't even get online for a little co-op play. All sort of server issues. I paid $60 plus tax for this. What a ripoff
  19. RickS.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Having been testing the game for the last month or so i have to say im disapointed. Being a game tested i do not normally comment on games as i go through so many in the year but this one was especially poor, very unoriginial game play and long long load times. Menus were difficult to get around and the game lacked any kind of luster. My suggestion is to buy an xbox360.
  20. FrankieM.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I was so excited for this game before the release. REALLY EXCITED, but when I bought it I knew the game was extremely over hyped. The game had clunky controls, my PS3 could barely play it because it lagged alot, the music sucked, and it crashed a couple times. I cannot believe I actually bought this shit, dont buy it, just save your money for a good game.
  21. SethC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay My local store broke street date so I got a copy of this game. It is boring. Essentially it's just a 2D scroller with a level editor. OK. Haven't I played a 2D scroller with a level editor before? Oh yeah, it was called Excitebike and it was for the original Nintendo system. Maybe these critics never played 2D scrollers but there was a big reason even Mario went 3d. The gameplay is simple to the point of idiocy....jump, run, jump, collect stuff, jump again, ad naseum. don't believe the hype for this game. Expand
  22. DmytrykD.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Slick all through but that's not saying much since there is so little gameplay unless you take about a weeks work of building level only to see yourself play through your own penbox. Except there's little fun to be had since you build it.
  23. WilfGlover
    Mar 8, 2009
    A greatbig pile of $*** One of the worst games I have played on in my life
    and even worse the part that advertises the game "unlimeted stages...new ones made everyday"
    half of them are rubbish and you can get somegames like that for free online
    so to put a $50 dollar label on it
    ... it's a disgrace
  24. SebR.
    Nov 19, 2008
    This game is one of the reasons why I traded my PS3 in. I just got gradually fed up that all the good games were either multi-platform or on other platforms, and that FF13 will both be out on XBox and PS3. When LBP came out, I was thrilled, because of the review... ...Only to find a game I played for about 30 minutes before getting utterly bored. Sure, the first few levels are fun, but This game is one of the reasons why I traded my PS3 in. I just got gradually fed up that all the good games were either multi-platform or on other platforms, and that FF13 will both be out on XBox and PS3. When LBP came out, I was thrilled, because of the review... ...Only to find a game I played for about 30 minutes before getting utterly bored. Sure, the first few levels are fun, but seriously: how much time can someone possibly spend working with/against the same gravity engine, doing the same thing, solving the same puzzles, over and over AGAIN? Not even the races are fun. Plus, the game is geared torwards, what, 10-year-old kids? That does not help, either, and there's no way to skip dialogues entirely. Half of the features are pointless, and let's not mention custom stages. I tried a few, all of them boiled down to the same thing. Plus sides are the credits at the start (which I thought to be really ingenious) and general graphics. The sackboy idea, however, is another failed avatar idea (much like what XBox live brought us today). Mind you, I'm not a terrible fan of PS3, but I frankly expected better than this. Expand
  25. jewmcface
    Nov 3, 2008
    It's fun for about ...5 hours and then its complete shovelware.
  26. JeffG.
    Nov 4, 2008
    The game is average at best. With just really not that much to do, LBP will not keep you coming back.
  27. Anon
    Nov 5, 2008
    Hyped game, that really doesnt appeal, I thought PS3 was going to be the bloody gore monster of next gen... hmmm maybe they should have released this crap of a game at launch to get some better numbers... Sony is dumb, I loved the PS2, its not about the money, its how they are doing it...
  28. Simon
    Nov 6, 2008
    Why on earth is this game being rated so highly? I was playing games similar to this back in the days of the atari 2600, run, jump, run, jump some more. Innovation my arse. Do yourself a favour save £40 and download a snes emulator and play much better platformers for free.
  29. HarryL
    Nov 7, 2008
    Utter rubbish, played it for 10 minutes, and every level was as poor and cliche as the next, the story line is terrible, the graphics are the only thin i could see right with this game, and wiht its im not a dork, im a video game maker look to it, if you want to run around with fluffy animals and have a fun time with it, viva pinata is for you
  30. SILOLauncher
    Oct 18, 2008
    I don't care if the game is great and its rated highly by the critics but it certainly sucks.The gameplay is repetitive and boring.They even offended Islam.Surely this is not my type of games.

1. There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.