• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.7

1. Sep 6, 2010
    i think this game is your average platformer that is fun for about a week then goes stale like clams. It is extremely overrated. i only reccomend picking this up if you have kids 4-7. i have more fun with super monkey ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    This game consists of jumping around, collecting things, and simple physics based platforming. Yes you can customize basically everything and build your own levels and whatnot, but after everything it's just jumping and collecting things. I'm 19, and this game is boring. I don't expect anyone past the age of 13 to really enjoy this game.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    Platform games require something very important in order to be great...and that's control. Little Big Planet lacks good control which makes the game obnoxious to play if you're used to quality platforming from say...Nintendo for example. There's a lot to do in this game, especially if you're able to do four player co-operation. Two to four players will often be required to unlock things,Platform games require something very important in order to be great...and that's control. Little Big Planet lacks good control which makes the game obnoxious to play if you're used to quality platforming from say...Nintendo for example. There's a lot to do in this game, especially if you're able to do four player co-operation. Two to four players will often be required to unlock things, this is something I do not like in video games. Little Big Planet is fun to play once you forget how bad the controls are. Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    LittleBigPlanet is a ‘platformer’ type game with a lot of community interaction and community generated game-play branching from the main game.

The game’s platforms, even the newer ones and community ones, quickly became boring and repetitive. Controls for some actions/movements were difficult to execute and were not smooth. Graphics were average. The game seemed to cater to gamers in the age range of 5 years to 12 years old. However, there are many adults that enjoy this game - but not me!
  5. Jan 29, 2015
    As an adult gamer i do not like this game. I do not care about level creation. I pay to have that done ahead of time. I look for challenge, skill and precise control in a platform game.(howdy rayman your good stuff.) thats it champs.
  6. Oct 16, 2010
    LittleBigPlanet is one of the most overrated games on this console generation.For me,this game was just boring and repeative crap.I can´t understand what´s so amazing about this game
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    Awful game. When I see multiple Game of the Year awards I get excited. But LittleBIgPlanet offers nothing new. The ability to create, play and share user generated content has been in other games already. The jumping is also awful. Which is the most important part of any platforming game. I can't recommend this game to anyone but 5 year old kids.
  8. Jan 18, 2013
    I bough this, played for about a half hour, and have not put it in my PS3 since... Seems fun however I will not finish playing it because I absolutly can not stand the fact that you have to use the goddamn control stick to move... It is a side scroller/platformer and the PS3 has a D-pad(not sure what to call it?) so there is no excuse why I can't use it...
  9. Jan 4, 2012
    Incredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but aIncredibly overrated game. If you're looking for a platformer to play, stick to Mario. When I saw the multiple awards this game had I was delighted and I was even more pleased when I found out I could get it free with Playstation Plus, but I ended up really disappointed as about three levels through the game I started to get bored. The create, play and share ability is well done but a good game must have a good storyline (yes even in platformers) and this game certainly does not have one. Expand
  10. Aug 21, 2010
    I can see how people liked this game. But I didn't. I personally believe that games should be able to stand up on single player alone. LBP does the opposite of that. Furthermore, it is just far too boring to create a beautiful level. Downloadling levels off PSN is terrible too. Sure, there are excellent levels, but most are terrible, and I'm not wading though a river of sewage to find one diamond.
  11. Dec 20, 2010
    Wooooow, this game isn't just bad, it's horrid. It looks like something a stupid 3 year old would play. This game is bad with a capital B! Graphics were awful and game play was trash. It's an attempt at a platformer and it failed. I mean, a sack kid as a main character? Really!? This game has no skill involved. It's stupid, lame and a waste of time!
  12. Oct 1, 2012
    Little credit can be ascribed to this title. Its appearance and overall tone is ugly. It is not for everyone at all, and is very childish and patronising even though it's not aimed specifically at children. They really couldn't have done worse in terms of graphical style, characters and context. While levels and gameplay elements can vary, the actual difference controls-wise is notLittle credit can be ascribed to this title. Its appearance and overall tone is ugly. It is not for everyone at all, and is very childish and patronising even though it's not aimed specifically at children. They really couldn't have done worse in terms of graphical style, characters and context. While levels and gameplay elements can vary, the actual difference controls-wise is not noticeable. It is a VERY boring platformer and brings almost no new innovations to the classic genre. It may be co-operative but it isn't fun, has one of the cheesiest and worst soundtracks and overall it's neither challenging, satisfying nor fun to play. I don't see why critics are praising this game, other than its lousy attempt at making a 7th-gen platformer for the masses. Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2013
    Probably the most overrated game of recent years. The idea off the community making all kinds of levels and sharing them is amazing. However, what's the point if the gameplay is aweful? The sackthings are uncontrollable and playing this game is just a chore.
    This last one is just opinion, but I'm not a fan of the world created here either. Everything is made out of cardboard or something? Don't like it at all.

1. There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.