LittleBigPlanet PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
6.8

1. SamE.
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game's an absolute blast for the whole family, and everyone who visits. I have absolutely no complaints with it, controls are excellent, and the hidden treasures and puzzles are perfect. I'm looking forward to getting online with this once we've played through all of the levels.
  2. NickI.
    Nov 7, 2008
    Absolutely incredible. This game alone is reason enough to buy a PS3. It's addicting, cute, fun and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you play. Creation is simple to pick up, and works like a dream, and if that's not your thing, you'll have hours, no, weeks worth of fun playing on the story mode and player made levels online, be it by yourself, or with a group Absolutely incredible. This game alone is reason enough to buy a PS3. It's addicting, cute, fun and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you play. Creation is simple to pick up, and works like a dream, and if that's not your thing, you'll have hours, no, weeks worth of fun playing on the story mode and player made levels online, be it by yourself, or with a group of fellow sackboys. The only thing I can fault with this game, is the controls are a little tricky at first, and the background, midground, foreground way of placing objects isn't the best, but you soon get used to it's format. And what's even more incredible, is that it was developed by a tiny team of 27 people from Guildford, UK. If you have a PS3, buy this now. If you don't have a PS3. Buy one now. Expand
  3. JonathanC.
    Oct 18, 2008
    WOW Phenomenal game!!!! I was in the beta, and that itself was amazing!!! Very easy but deep creative mode. Very good online functions. FUN gameplay!!!!! I have no idea why this game is voted so low on here, maybe just the xbots fans voting it negatively!!! ahahaha jealousy is a disease!!!
  4. NathanA.
    Oct 18, 2008
    I actually HAVE played this game before, and it is very, very entertaining. The multiplayer mode is especially fun because it requires you to simultaneously fight and work with your opponents. It's an experience unlike anything from any other game. And I'm not some retro "bring back the Atari!" side-scroller Nazi, I just think this game is highly, highly entertaining. Oh, P.S., I actually HAVE played this game before, and it is very, very entertaining. The multiplayer mode is especially fun because it requires you to simultaneously fight and work with your opponents. It's an experience unlike anything from any other game. And I'm not some retro "bring back the Atari!" side-scroller Nazi, I just think this game is highly, highly entertaining. Oh, P.S., the visuals are amazing. Expand
  5. SimonQ.
    Nov 8, 2008
    The most fun in gaming i've had since Lego Star Wars. The online community is superb. The visuals are superb. The sounds are superb. The gameplay gets a 9 for me as jumping around successfully can be a little annoying but this is the only down i can think of and isn't enough to pull it down from a 10. The life of this game should run for years due to user made content and, well, The most fun in gaming i've had since Lego Star Wars. The online community is superb. The visuals are superb. The sounds are superb. The gameplay gets a 9 for me as jumping around successfully can be a little annoying but this is the only down i can think of and isn't enough to pull it down from a 10. The life of this game should run for years due to user made content and, well, right now, i simply can't stop playing it. Superb !! Expand
  6. GrantC.
    Nov 8, 2008
    Awesome game! You know a games good when it keeps you off of the computer and stops you from doing anything else just to play on it! And when you do get round to playing a different game all you can think about is Little Big Planet, or ideas to create in Little Big Planet and you actually begin to MISS the game! :') Buy it now! Buy a PS3 and buy it if you haven't already, your Awesome game! You know a games good when it keeps you off of the computer and stops you from doing anything else just to play on it! And when you do get round to playing a different game all you can think about is Little Big Planet, or ideas to create in Little Big Planet and you actually begin to MISS the game! :') Buy it now! Buy a PS3 and buy it if you haven't already, your missing out big time. Expand
  7. michaeldunnigan
    Oct 21, 2008
    i played the beta and i have to say it was amazing. this game uses all of the features that are available on the ps3, including the motion controls and playstatioin eye camera. it was also so much fun to play the story mode and the online mode. the user-created levels are simply fabulous.
  8. EdA.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Dang. This game is so amazingly fun and brilliant in ways that NO OTHER games have seen. Its nice to see something so new, so fresh, so fun breathe life into a cookie cutter game industry. The Beta alone is better than anything I have played in the this entire generation on PS3 and 360. I understand the hatred and jealousy that the 360 Fanboys have toward LittleBigPlanet. I was furious Dang. This game is so amazingly fun and brilliant in ways that NO OTHER games have seen. Its nice to see something so new, so fresh, so fun breathe life into a cookie cutter game industry. The Beta alone is better than anything I have played in the this entire generation on PS3 and 360. I understand the hatred and jealousy that the 360 Fanboys have toward LittleBigPlanet. I was furious when Sony pushed back LBP! Only difference is that I will have it next week while you douche bags angrily hit 1 on rating button because this is NEVER coming to the 360. Have fun crying me a river u losers. Expand
  9. JohnS
    Dec 21, 2008
    This is the game of the decade so far. If you loved the orignal Super Mario games, this is even better and more revolutionary yet just as simple. If you are creative, this game is perfect for you. And now, there is going to be a Metal Gear Solid 4 pack, I think this game will appeal to everyone.
  10. GabrielM.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Have not got chance to play full game yet, but BETA was Great. Main problem i have is people use way to many dang rocket cars! and the layers are annoying when trying top jump sometimes! other than that game is great!
  11. AaronO.
    Best RPG ever!!!!!
  12. AnonymousMC
    Oct 23, 2008
    the beta was great, the gameplay and the ease of use when creating is spectacular. I alos like the customization you can do with sackboy, the pirate outfits and such. I can't wait to use my god of war skin on sackboy. I especially like that you can share things with other people, and you can past stickers on your sackboy just like you can in any level. I'm also anxious to seethe beta was great, the gameplay and the ease of use when creating is spectacular. I alos like the customization you can do with sackboy, the pirate outfits and such. I can't wait to use my god of war skin on sackboy. I especially like that you can share things with other people, and you can past stickers on your sackboy just like you can in any level. I'm also anxious to see what other full costumes will become available after its release next week. The animations that you do with the l2 and r2 buttons in conjunction with the joysticks is also real fun, along with the facial animations you can do with the d-pad. Expand
  13. EDWARDG
    Oct 23, 2008
    I played the BETA of this game and if it were released the way it was it would get a 10 out of 10 from me. The game is amazing and has unlimited potential. As a father who games, with kids who game, this is the perfect platform for us to enjoy together. Thank you MediaMolecule.
  14. AnonymousMC
    Oct 24, 2008
    I was in the beta and even though I don't care much for LBP I was blown away when I saw that this game has something that games have been missing for a long time and that is genuine innocence.I'm glad that most of the reviewers caught this while reviewing the game.
  15. EB
    Oct 25, 2008
    This game is awesome! Too bad we have a bunch of bitches giving this game a low score. You guys need to grow up, seriously. Because the game got pushed back a week you are giving it a bad score? Come on. I repeat you guys are bitches, to whom ever gave it a bad score to pull the rating down. Same goes for GOW2.
  16. BoyGeorge
    Oct 25, 2008
    Seriously the best game I've ever played. Great platforming elements, but what is really cool is the level creator, with near endless possibilities, this game will be a medium for the creative minds. The world is leveled (well at least for those with a ps3 and this game), and no longer shall geography separate the bright minds from each other. This game is totally amazing.
  17. James
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ah fanboys, trust them to provide an objective score for a game... NOT 6.2 wtf?? I really rate this game about a 93 but I'm giving it a 10 to try even out the odds a little. Go back to playing XBOX and stop rating games you can't even play...
  18. EdwardM.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is the best Action-Platformer since Mario. Coming from me - a Super Mario Fanatic - that is a huge compliment. I don't know how the fan rating is only at 6.2 unless "Special Ed" rated this game a 6 two thousand times. If you have PS3 buy LBP. If you don't have a PS3 buy it and make your first game LBP. Peace.
  19. AbeL.
    Oct 26, 2008
    Absolutely amazing game, There's nothing else like it on any system. Every single facet of this game is completely and utterly flawless. It blew me away, and the user levels continue to do so. Perfect. Game of the year. Hell, game of the decade.
  20. steck67
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was able to get my hands on LBP on Saturday. The game is fun. LBP delivers not only the epic scaled levels but the game also delivers memories from the old days. The story mode took me about 8 hours, though I did not get 100% As for the create part, it is absolutely fun. Making levels is a little complex, but as you keep building and creating, soon enough you will create a work of art. I was able to get my hands on LBP on Saturday. The game is fun. LBP delivers not only the epic scaled levels but the game also delivers memories from the old days. The story mode took me about 8 hours, though I did not get 100% As for the create part, it is absolutely fun. Making levels is a little complex, but as you keep building and creating, soon enough you will create a work of art. This game is a must buy for PS3 owners and for the game being too "childish" is an extremely lame excuse. PS3 owners are in for a treat this holiday season. Expand
  21. ShaunC
    Oct 26, 2008
    This really is a masterpiece of game-making. I picked up my early pre-order yesterday afternoon and played LBP until I fell asleep. In the end, there are a few control issues (it can be difficult judging the odd angle etc) but the sheer breadth of gameplay, the fun narration (by what sounds like the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy) and the massive amount of customization available just This really is a masterpiece of game-making. I picked up my early pre-order yesterday afternoon and played LBP until I fell asleep. In the end, there are a few control issues (it can be difficult judging the odd angle etc) but the sheer breadth of gameplay, the fun narration (by what sounds like the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy) and the massive amount of customization available just makes this an absolute must have for anyone and everyone. Great job MM and Sony for developing a concept like this Expand
  22. NickM.
    Oct 26, 2008
    This game lives past the hype it was receiving and easily deserves the game of the year award. This game never gets tiring because of the variety of levels people upload to the servers for other people to play. People were paying $350 to get this game a week early. Tell me that is not crazy.
  23. JasonE.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Superb game. An original concept executed with a unique style and high production values wrapped up in classic 2D platforming gameplay. Creativity and community options guarantee extensive replay value. If you own a PS3, you must get this game. If you don't own a PS3, this is the reason to buy one!
  24. ThePirate
    Oct 28, 2008
    This game is simply amazing, from the robust creation system to the fun and fun singleplayer, to the flawless online. This is a game that all PS3 owners MUST buy! And LBP has only gotten a low user score because of the delay. it seems Kiddies get easily Angered, shame.
  25. ScottV.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Incredible game with the ability to do things no other game has ever offered. This is two games in one, the first is one of the best, if not the best side scrolling game ever made. The visuals are incredible, almost like the best Pixar movie that I have ever seen, the levels, puzzles, hazards are so inventive and creative that it is a blast to keep playing to see what you will come across Incredible game with the ability to do things no other game has ever offered. This is two games in one, the first is one of the best, if not the best side scrolling game ever made. The visuals are incredible, almost like the best Pixar movie that I have ever seen, the levels, puzzles, hazards are so inventive and creative that it is a blast to keep playing to see what you will come across next. This is a highly polished game in every way, from the great narrative (an English bloke!) to the amazing detail and vibrant colors of each level. the second part of the game offers the most creative abilities EVER in a game. You can build, design your own complete video gaming world/levels with just as much amazing detail as is in the actual game itself. I spent hours just designing my own custom vehicle that you can shoot, jump, and crash through my world. You can save any creations that you make for use in other levels that you build anytime. If you have an imagination and ever dreamed of designing your own video game then you absolutely can't miss this game. The best part is that anyone can do it because the tutorials and editing system are unbelievable, simple to control, giant in its scope, and almost limitless in the possibilities for creating, playing, and fun. This could be the Game of the decade. I'm certain that in years to come this game will be looked back at as one of the games that defined a new era in gaming, like Zelda, or Halo! I would buy a PS3 just for this game, no hesitation! Expand
  26. TMoe
    Oct 30, 2008
    @ Hairy N. Do what? Are you reviewing the right game, or are you a Xbox Troll? This game is freaking incredible, suitable for all ages. I cant put this game down at all. I actually killed the battery in my DS3 playing it for so long. Incredible. If you want a game for your kids this holiday season, dont pass this one up. Holiday lists: PS3 1. LittleBigPlanet 2. Resistance 2 3. Fallout 3 @ Hairy N. Do what? Are you reviewing the right game, or are you a Xbox Troll? This game is freaking incredible, suitable for all ages. I cant put this game down at all. I actually killed the battery in my DS3 playing it for so long. Incredible. If you want a game for your kids this holiday season, dont pass this one up. Holiday lists: PS3 1. LittleBigPlanet 2. Resistance 2 3. Fallout 3 4. Guitar Hero WT 5. Rock Band 2. Expand
  27. ToddA.
    Oct 31, 2008
    I finally got this game after hearing about it for years. Its all I expected it to be. My only gripe is that it doesn't scale up to 1080i but instead down to 480p. It still looks good anyway. Its like a virtual playground.
  28. IsaacE.
    Oct 8, 2008
    It is rare that such an open ended experience could feel so wonderfully orchestrated. LBP has found a unique happy balance for options and complexity that keeps things approachable. I foresee an entire generation of game devs being spawned from this experience. I wonder how much better of a designer I would be today had I played this as a kid. Excellent game execution.
  29. MertK.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Wow Is all I have to say to this game ever since I was amazed at GDC 07 I have been waiting for this game to come out the new presentation at E3 08 showed me this game is not only for fun but can also be used for some weird cool presentation if you have a Playstation 3 and you must buy it!
  30. BenjaminS.
    Sep 27, 2008
    I'm making this review based off the beta, which I highly appreciate even though it isn't the full game. LittleBigPlanet will appeal to everyone, and people who shun it because of it's kiddy looks, well, need to grow up. The story mode alone is outstanding and HIGHLY addicting, but the icing on the cake is the fantastic creator that may lead itself into a new online society I'm making this review based off the beta, which I highly appreciate even though it isn't the full game. LittleBigPlanet will appeal to everyone, and people who shun it because of it's kiddy looks, well, need to grow up. The story mode alone is outstanding and HIGHLY addicting, but the icing on the cake is the fantastic creator that may lead itself into a new online society for the next couple of years. Expand
  31. RobertNaghi
    Jan 16, 2009
    Just pure FUN. This game would please just about any gamer. Whether you want a fun and innovative platform game, or a party game to play with friends, or you just want to mess around and create things, this game has something for everyone. It is what Playstation 3 owners have been waiting for.
  32. JDSherbert
    Oct 16, 2009
    Little big planet is perhaps the best game for the ps3. You can make your own worlds or play other peoples worlds, and so I reckon this is a good game single player or online multi player. The only problem is the camera; it zooms out when you want it to zoom in. It should have its own controls. Can't wait for the psp release!
  33. JoeyDigital
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game will open up more people to gaming. It has continual DLC all the time to keep mixing it up. Fantastic games with visuals only possible on the PS3!
  34. KyleT
    Dec 14, 2009
    One of the greatest games ever made I love the continuous 100s from reviewers then a 75 from armchair Empire "Having a continuous supply of new levels helps LittleBigPlanet remain fresh
  35. PrestonH
    Dec 15, 2009
    I don't understand all of the people saying this game isn't for hardcore gamers. I'm a hardcore gamer; I love shooters, I love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations people have made in the community. I don't understand all of the people saying this game isn't for hardcore gamers. I'm a hardcore gamer; I love shooters, I love RPG's, I love shooting some guy in his virtual face as much as anyone else, and I still love LBP. Though the main story is short, the real fun is playing with friends, and seeing all of the wonderful creations people have made in the community. The replay value is unbelievable; I still jump onto LBP a few times a week and play a few levels with friends. I've had the game for a year. The only complaint I have is minor. There comes a point in the game where you reach a crossroads, and realize that the game is much, much more fun with friends, but much easier alone. This decision can be hard sometimes, but trust me, you will have fun no matter your age, no matter your playstyle, no matter how dumb you think the concept and premise of the game is. Expand
  36. samcc
    Dec 16, 2009
    this game is amazing if you have online which i bet hardly any of you have. the graphics are really good. some of the levels are difficult like the ast level but very enjoyable!
  37. BrianN.
    Dec 8, 2009
    Fantastic and innovative game with thousands of user levels to play around with after you finish the single player campaign. Anyone who rated this below a 7 is an xbox fanboy or hasn't played it.
  38. VixR
    Jan 4, 2009
    Superb! The story mode was short (well it felt short) but brilliant - the level creation is mind boggling...there isn't anything that you can't do in it. Online play is also awesome and the user-created content seems to be getting better and better as time goes by...I'd like to know where people get so much time to devote to their awesome levels!
  39. EliotH
    Jan 7, 2009
    LittleBigPlanet is brilliant. I am not generally a fan of strict plat-forming game but I love LBP. I'm a relatively new player and yet I find the controls to be quite fluid. I know a lot of people say that jumping feels slightly "floaty" and while I agree with that I don't think it brings the game down. In fact I think the whole thing is "floaty" and I consider that a LittleBigPlanet is brilliant. I am not generally a fan of strict plat-forming game but I love LBP. I'm a relatively new player and yet I find the controls to be quite fluid. I know a lot of people say that jumping feels slightly "floaty" and while I agree with that I don't think it brings the game down. In fact I think the whole thing is "floaty" and I consider that a compliment. Furthermore the replay value is incredible. You have your standard offline mode which has quite a few levels but then you go online and thats where the real fun is. The levels range from real plat-forming, smart pieces of machinery (I'm talking about the working calculator...wow!) and even just fun little music boxes that only require you too hold on to a button to listen to a midi song which is quite endearing. The create mode isn't as simple as they say. While the tutorials are required it isn't as annoying as it sounds. You can listen in to what you want and then achieve a little goal. It is quite intuitive. Sackboy is the last thing I'll comment on. He is CUTE! Not only that but also the way you control the emotions is hilarious. This game is fun, innovative, has endless possibilities and has a sense of humour. Expand
  40. JustinBailey
    Feb 16, 2009
    The limiting factor of this game is one's imagination. Therefore it stands to reason that if you lack creativity you should not play this game. That's not entirely true. If you can at the very least enjoy other people's creativity then you will enjoy this game.

Basically if you have any appreciation for the fact that this game is limitless in potential then you should own it, otherwise stick to your guns, however limited they may be.
  41. colino
    Mar 30, 2009
    The best game ever because it is easy to play, easy controls and its unique game category. One of the best games ever next to pacman and killzone 2. Awsome because anyone can create their own levels and costumes. Any level that is published can be played by anyone, rated and commented.
  42. AverageGamer
    Apr 19, 2009
    LBP is a brilliant game. That's why it's sad to see those spammers who rate bad and think they are funny, or those who have no skill and blame the game. Trust me, LBP will tie you on the sofa, and wont let you go until you have got all the levels complete. It's the best thing a PS3 owner can get. Your console is nothing without LBP. Just like 360 is nothing without Halo.
  43. RaulC
    Apr 9, 2009
    To put it simply. It's the only game where you feel that the main character is alive. Every other game you realize that you're using computer characters, Sackboy moves, feels, and looks like a tiny life being that lives inside the screen. Combine this with the masterful game and art design, and you have the one and only true innovative game(so far) this genereation. Play it with To put it simply. It's the only game where you feel that the main character is alive. Every other game you realize that you're using computer characters, Sackboy moves, feels, and looks like a tiny life being that lives inside the screen. Combine this with the masterful game and art design, and you have the one and only true innovative game(so far) this genereation. Play it with a friend it doubles the fun. Expand
  44. HenryJ.
    Aug 17, 2009
    This type of games has become very rare nowadays,I thought I would never see a game again that focuses so much on creativity and innovation rather than clichèd violence and shooting,this is the pinnacle of pure gaming.It is innovative,creative,original,intelligent,gorgeous and,most importantly,fun to play.Not to mention it's absolutely endless replay value,you can create,share This type of games has become very rare nowadays,I thought I would never see a game again that focuses so much on creativity and innovation rather than clichèd violence and shooting,this is the pinnacle of pure gaming.It is innovative,creative,original,intelligent,gorgeous and,most importantly,fun to play.Not to mention it's absolutely endless replay value,you can create,share or play other people's levels online.This brilliant masterpiece is a must-have for any PS3 owner.Period. Expand
  45. BrentA
    Aug 31, 2009
    If I could give this game an 11 or 12 out of 10, I would. This is by far my favorite game of ALL TIME. You heard me right. This game is fun for everyone except for those 'hard core 1337 FPS players' who have tough skin and think this is a baby or noob game. You can sit with your whole family and create your own unique levels. The game offers plenty of material for building your If I could give this game an 11 or 12 out of 10, I would. This is by far my favorite game of ALL TIME. You heard me right. This game is fun for everyone except for those 'hard core 1337 FPS players' who have tough skin and think this is a baby or noob game. You can sit with your whole family and create your own unique levels. The game offers plenty of material for building your very own levels and with the DLC and the new water add-on, you won't be able to find something that's NOT possible to make. The game has a decent story mode to introduce you to the LBP universe and gives you many ideas for the create mode. But the best part of this game is definitely the "Share" aspect. You can upload your levels and they are then available for the world to play. If your one of the few PS3 owners that do not have this game, GET IT NOW. Expand
  46. AnonymousMC
    Sep 12, 2009
    The only people who give this below 8/10 are just xbox fanboys trying to put down a great game. I think its because they cant afford to renew their xbox live subscription. But anyway this game was amazing. Great graphics and so original, xbox fans are just jealous cos it would never fit on 9GB dvd
  47. MikeC.
    Nov 11, 2008
    One of the most stellar and inventive editing sandboxes I've ever had the joy to play. If you don't have a big smile on your face the entire time you're playing this gem then you had better check your heartbeat, you're probably clinically dead. The tech powering the game is staggering, the graphics and sound seem to rival Pixar's efforts and the control scheme isOne of the most stellar and inventive editing sandboxes I've ever had the joy to play. If you don't have a big smile on your face the entire time you're playing this gem then you had better check your heartbeat, you're probably clinically dead. The tech powering the game is staggering, the graphics and sound seem to rival Pixar's efforts and the control scheme is simple so you don't even have to think about the controller at all, just what type of fun you want to have. A little on the repetitive side and requires alot of creativity from the player, but that's more than acceptable given the brilliance of the core editing design. This isn't a platformer, this is a creativity game. It's like being given a brand new box of crayons and reams of blank paper when you're a kid. Your mind can run wilder and you can have more fun creating than you would just coloring between the lines in a Disney book. Every PS3 owner with the desire to create should pick this up. Expand
  48. BJStevens
    Nov 14, 2008
    This is the best game I have played in years. Probably the best video game I have ever played in my life, in fact. I'm very impressed with it, and I play a lot of games from all different genres on a variety of platforms. Little Big Planet has raised the bar for video games. It is incredibly fun, and anyone can find a lot to like about it, whether it be a hardcore gamer like me orThis is the best game I have played in years. Probably the best video game I have ever played in my life, in fact. I'm very impressed with it, and I play a lot of games from all different genres on a variety of platforms. Little Big Planet has raised the bar for video games. It is incredibly fun, and anyone can find a lot to like about it, whether it be a hardcore gamer like me or someone just looking to have some fun in a wonderfully designed game world. You really have to play it to understand what a work of art this game is. 10/10. Expand
  49. SeanMurphy
    Nov 17, 2008
    I've only had the game for less than a week and I can already firmly say that the game is one of the most engaging gaming experiences I've ever had. From the quirky, jaw-dropping graphics, to the remarkablly intuitive use of the entire PS3 controller for everything from game action, interactive pop-up menus, controls for Sackboy's arms, and even his expressions (an entireI've only had the game for less than a week and I can already firmly say that the game is one of the most engaging gaming experiences I've ever had. From the quirky, jaw-dropping graphics, to the remarkablly intuitive use of the entire PS3 controller for everything from game action, interactive pop-up menus, controls for Sackboy's arms, and even his expressions (an entire range of tongue out happy to open mouth crying based on up and down button pushes on the original directional buttons). The gameplay is based on the classic platformer (i.e. Mario/Crash etc.) but really takes it into the next generation of gaming with the gorgeous textures, lighting and fun to be had everywhere you look. The further you get into the game, the more items you collect. Items that can be used for everything from personalizing your Sackboy to your own tastes, to using those items and textures to create your own levels to play yourself or share via the PSN for everyone to enjoy your creativity. As long as your connected to the PSN at the end of challenges and/or levels a Hi-Score board is shown showing how your score ranks among the entire world, which brings back memories of classic arcade game leader boards. This game will surely be a system seller, and a very hot item this holiday season. If you own a PS3 you absolutely must own this game. This game will almost certainly serve as a touch point where video gaming went to another level. I can't wait to get home and continue with my journey. Expand
  50. JayK
    Nov 17, 2008
    Beautiful, unique, extremely fun, some of the best co-op ever. Great art and music. Very creative. One of the only games I can play with my wife.

The built in levels are fantastic. The level editor is very impressive. In my opinion, one of the top 10 games ever. Definitely one of the best platformers ever. Only drawbacks: "floaty" controls, and slightly frustrating jumping into

The built in levels are fantastic. The level editor is very impressive.
    Only drawbacks: "floaty" controls, and slightly frustrating jumping into and out of the screen; I'm sure this was a purposeful (if misguided) design choice. However, the levels are very fun, and don't depend on the same "precision" as other platformers, so it works out.
  51. stu
    Nov 17, 2008
    I gave it 10. Its a 10 because this game is amazing. I have not felt like this about a game since playing Jet Set Willy in 1984!!! This game took me back to the joy of playing games. It's what gaming should be about, it should be fun, it should be about playing with a mate, it should take your imagination for a ride that you wont forget. Thats what LBP does and it does itI gave it 10. Its a 10 because this game is amazing. I have not felt like this about a game since playing Jet Set Willy in 1984!!! This game took me back to the joy of playing games. It's what gaming should be about, it should be fun, it should be about playing with a mate, it should take your imagination for a ride that you wont forget. Thats what LBP does and it does it brilliantly!!! You must get this game. Expand
  52. BruceD
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have to say this game is one of the best I've ever played. Graphically it's gorgeous, the presentation is top-notch, and beyond all that the gameplay is refreshing and a throwback to the platformers of old. I could be considered a M$ fanboy in most respects as I did not own a single PS3 game since I bought it back 2 years ago (I use it mostly as a blu-ray player), until now. I have to say this game is one of the best I've ever played. Graphically it's gorgeous, the presentation is top-notch, and beyond all that the gameplay is refreshing and a throwback to the platformers of old. I could be considered a M$ fanboy in most respects as I did not own a single PS3 game since I bought it back 2 years ago (I use it mostly as a blu-ray player), until now. It is simply amazing how the developers were able to push the graphics on the PS3 like they did. Let's face it, the PS3 in terms of it's GPU performance is out-matched by the xbox360 (most developers like me would agree). LBP forces us to think about that sentiment. Major props for Media Molecule for developing a game for the history books. Expand
  53. JoshuaB.
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is a game that came from a small game developer team called MediaMolecule. And from there imaginations, came one of the most amazing games to ever grace the PS3. The thing is, it's not all about the single player. It's relativitely short, and can get frustrating at times, but the fact is that they made the single player using the tools from the level editor, in my eyes the This is a game that came from a small game developer team called MediaMolecule. And from there imaginations, came one of the most amazing games to ever grace the PS3. The thing is, it's not all about the single player. It's relativitely short, and can get frustrating at times, but the fact is that they made the single player using the tools from the level editor, in my eyes the main attraction. This is where a lot of the fun starts, but is nothing compaired to what happens if you have an account online on PSN. You can play other peoples published levels, rate them, comment on them, describe them and heart them (Favourite them). On the Playstation Online Store there is loads of DLC already, and I'll bet you there will be plenty more. All this makes the game last forever, if you want it to, but playing through these levels you will be controlling the games mascot: The sackboy. At first sight he's the sort of thing 8 year old girls like to buy from a toy shop, but the sackboy is basically a blank canvas. Along with costumes you can unlock in the game you can place stickers all over them, basically letting you make it look like whatever you want. Heck, my sackboy is the Joker of Batman. To finish this review off, I'm going to say about the controls, the physics, and core gameplay. Infact, controls are nearly as important as anything else. Make a great game, then create shoddy controls for it and it ruins it all. Thankfully, for littlebigplanet, thats not the case. The Left analog stick controls the sackboys movement and movement through the layers, holding R2 or/and L2 and moving both analog sticks controls the sackboys hands, X is to jump, SQUARE to open the Popit! Menu, R1 to grab onto things (e.g things made out of sponge, other sackpeople) and Holding L2 or R2 and flicking one of the anolog sticks to slap. And the physics are AWESOME. Different materials react differently; Wood is sturdy but can set on fire and be blown up, Sponge is light and grabbable and can be blown up, Cardboard is not that heavy, can be blown up, and can set on fire, peachy material is the lightest of the materials and is extremely floaty, stone is very heavy but cant be blown up or set on fire or conduct electricity, and metal is the heaviest, cant be blown up, cant set on fire, but can conduct sack-killing electricity. And for the gameplay, basically think mario+3 layers that the player can move through+ awesome physics=LittleBigPlanet. Oh and the graphics. They're awesome to, with each surface looking realistic, and the sackboys being very detailed. Expand
  54. AndrewL.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Easily the best game to come out this year since MGS4 everything about it is perfect. As soon as you start running through the opening credits (literally) you fall in love with little Sackboy and fight through each level waiting for the next hilarious get-up he (or she) is gonna wear. Online play can be a bit stuffy at times but its forgiveable considering how amazingly useful that extra Easily the best game to come out this year since MGS4 everything about it is perfect. As soon as you start running through the opening credits (literally) you fall in love with little Sackboy and fight through each level waiting for the next hilarious get-up he (or she) is gonna wear. Online play can be a bit stuffy at times but its forgiveable considering how amazingly useful that extra person is in getting all the leftover stickers and outfits for your 100% completion Platinum PS3 trophy. Cheers to Media Molecule for a perfect game. Expand
  55. TarkanT.
    Oct 13, 2008
    You can never get tired of it. When you make a level, it's unique to you. It shows your personality, the quality you put into it. And when you're bored of that level, make a new one!! Hey, who's stopping you? It's so easy to do what you want to do, and it makes you more creative.
  56. JacobH.g
    Oct 13, 2008
    The beta was incredibly fun, and surprisingly deep. Most of the naysayers have yet to experience the game. Once you pick up the controller, you won't put it down. Trust me. I played for four days straight -- when I had free time -- and only stopped playing because the beta expired. Finally, a game that makes me proud to own a PS3.
  57. JoeS.
    Oct 13, 2008
    An excellent platformer which provides many many hours of content and creativity when it comes to building your own levels. Highly recommended for people of all ages. And lol at the xbox fans purposely downgrading this game. It just proves how greatly received this game is to game reviewers and the general public. If you're this insecure and afraid of a great video game on a rival An excellent platformer which provides many many hours of content and creativity when it comes to building your own levels. Highly recommended for people of all ages. And lol at the xbox fans purposely downgrading this game. It just proves how greatly received this game is to game reviewers and the general public. If you're this insecure and afraid of a great video game on a rival console, I kindly suggest professional help. Expand
  58. TimL.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This is by far the most fun and inovative game in a very very long time.The games Textures are top notch,The possibilies are endless as is creative user levels,Its very charming and the narative can be extremly funny and witty,My only gripe about this game is the floaty controls,but that can be fixed via a patch .Overall I give this game a 9.9 rounded to 10,If your a PS3 owner this is a This is by far the most fun and inovative game in a very very long time.The games Textures are top notch,The possibilies are endless as is creative user levels,Its very charming and the narative can be extremly funny and witty,My only gripe about this game is the floaty controls,but that can be fixed via a patch .Overall I give this game a 9.9 rounded to 10,If your a PS3 owner this is a Must have! Expand
  59. ChrisT.
    Oct 14, 2008
    Jealousy will get you nowhere X-Box only owners. Do yourself a favour as I did when I purchased a 360 and get a PS3. It's better than wasting your life not playing your console but sitting on a website voting a game you don't own and havent played on a system you don't own either! Very sad and dissapointing. If being a 'Hardcore Gamer' involves doing that sort of Jealousy will get you nowhere X-Box only owners. Do yourself a favour as I did when I purchased a 360 and get a PS3. It's better than wasting your life not playing your console but sitting on a website voting a game you don't own and havent played on a system you don't own either! Very sad and dissapointing. If being a 'Hardcore Gamer' involves doing that sort of thing then I am glad to disassociate myself from such a lowly title. Shame on you, retarded 6 year olds. Expand
  60. JoseC.
    Oct 14, 2008
    This game is absolutely gorgeous! you´ll be spending a lot of time building your levles with the amazing tools that media molecule gives to you. Everything in the game is very easy to use and if you can imagine it you can be sure you can build it. The levels that come with the game are awesome and very entertaining, you can get ideas from there to. Sharing your levels is the best This game is absolutely gorgeous! you´ll be spending a lot of time building your levles with the amazing tools that media molecule gives to you. Everything in the game is very easy to use and if you can imagine it you can be sure you can build it. The levels that come with the game are awesome and very entertaining, you can get ideas from there to. Sharing your levels is the best part, and being able to play all the great levels from other users is the best part of the game! Sure, there will be some levels that suck, but for the most part i am sure that there are people out there that are going to creat amazing things. P.S. Why is this 6.9 in user average? Expand
  61. WayneHoggett
    Oct 14, 2008
    The user reviews are at 6.2 out of 10 and the game hasn't even been released yet. Are Nintendo and Xbox fans coming here and voting zero just to bring the score down? The magazine reviewers have actually played the game. This is one of the most innovative games of our time and you must give it a try.
  62. PeterS.
    Oct 14, 2008
    While the beta that brought large commercial websites to a crawl or crash from thousands of people attempting to get a key was quite an experience, the final build of the game is teaming with so much more life than I could have ever expected. The radiant story levels were expertly crafted and the endless array of stickers, objects, and tools to create and share your own masterpieces boldy While the beta that brought large commercial websites to a crawl or crash from thousands of people attempting to get a key was quite an experience, the final build of the game is teaming with so much more life than I could have ever expected. The radiant story levels were expertly crafted and the endless array of stickers, objects, and tools to create and share your own masterpieces boldy define one of the more unique offerings of the generation. Any Playstation 3 owner is playing with an empty, soulless multimedia system until they pick up their very own copy of Little Big Planet. Expand
  63. TriDao
    Oct 14, 2008
    This is a 2D platformer than you can play offline or online or a mix between the two. You can also create your own levels using simple but deep tools and then share it with the community. The community will then rate your level and you can be featured on the weekly/monthly/daily top 10 charts!
  64. Cangrejolacruz
    Nov 4, 2008
    This game is really fun. Best platformer This Gen.
  65. DavinG.
    Nov 4, 2008
    Just beat the last story level and the whole game lived up to the hype and even surpassed it a bit. Wouldn't usually give the game a 10, id say it deserves a 9 or 9.5, but gotta cancel out the fanboys who scored it at 1 before it was even released.
  66. mohammedsadiq
    Nov 5, 2008
    This is nevertheless one of the best PS3 game of 2008
  67. JackTheNipper
    Oct 15, 2008
    I got into the beta without knowing much of this game, but it was completely different experience of anything seen before. Everything was to easy to do but still exciting in a different way. Game truly felt refreshing. This is definitely a new milestone how games should be made from now on. If next Gears of War, CoD, Mario, MGS does not have play, create, share aspect I will not buy them. I got into the beta without knowing much of this game, but it was completely different experience of anything seen before. Everything was to easy to do but still exciting in a different way. Game truly felt refreshing. This is definitely a new milestone how games should be made from now on. If next Gears of War, CoD, Mario, MGS does not have play, create, share aspect I will not buy them. In fact I despite everything that falls short of LBP now.. LittleBigPlanet is the future of gaming, period! Expand
  68. MarkB.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This game is absolutely brilliant; from gorgeous graphics, to well-done physics, to beautiful pre-made levels (over 60!), to the youtube-like tagging and sharing of levels, to the Create mode used to create virtually anything imaginable, this game is a winner that comes closer to perfection than any other console game before it.
  69. JB
    Oct 15, 2008
    Played the Beta and it was damn Awesome. Can only imagine what the full version will be like. Possibly the greatest feat in this generation of video games.
  70. CyrilleM.
    Oct 17, 2008
    I haven't played the game yet, as many of the voters here. So my rating is to adjust and balance the average rating that can only be wrong at this time. By what I heard, I'm pretty sure that the game is one of the best of the year, but I can't tell more.
  71. DylanR
    Nov 8, 2008
    Ok. Thisgame doesn't warrant a ten, its controls are a bit too unrefined for that, however i shall ot suffer unfair damage from fanboys on either side, as im gonna go remark on gears next. Still this game is a solid nine and if the controls were a touch more intuitive it'd be a ten. The level creation tools are psychotically fun and you can make essentially anything. Hell i even Ok. Thisgame doesn't warrant a ten, its controls are a bit too unrefined for that, however i shall ot suffer unfair damage from fanboys on either side, as im gonna go remark on gears next. Still this game is a solid nine and if the controls were a touch more intuitive it'd be a ten. The level creation tools are psychotically fun and you can make essentially anything. Hell i even saw a calculator. Frankly i don't give a flying rat about online multiplayer but I should mention that the online co-op aspect is extremely broken. However playing levels from other people is easy and fun so long as you do it alone or with local multiplayer. If you don't get this then your not getting the full value of your PS3. which some fanboy prick will inevitably remark, is none. Expand
  72. JeremyP
    Nov 8, 2008
    Awesome game. For those that don't like being creative though, this game is NOT for you. The Story mode is nice, and well done, and over time there will be a lot more user created content that doesn't suck. But you won't like it if you can't create things on your own.
  73. RogerR.
    Nov 9, 2008
    There is simply nothing like LittleBigPlanet anywhere else. It's a fun game that you can play with anyone, kids, adults, teens, it has appeal for everybody. The ability to create and share your own levels is something else that everyone should enjoy. This is the best game for PS3 so far.
  74. SamuelM.
    Oct 19, 2008
    I HAVE played this game (the beta at least). And I can say that it is truly everything I had hoped for and had been looking forward to for the last year and a half. I can say that this game is the first truly endless game that I have ever owned. I can picture myself 20 years from now playing the same ratty old copy of this game on my PS5-and still having a fresh new experience. Other I HAVE played this game (the beta at least). And I can say that it is truly everything I had hoped for and had been looking forward to for the last year and a half. I can say that this game is the first truly endless game that I have ever owned. I can picture myself 20 years from now playing the same ratty old copy of this game on my PS5-and still having a fresh new experience. Other games may come and go, but this is an instant classic and has no reason not to last a lifetime. Expand
  75. KyleT.
    Oct 21, 2008
    I assume those who rated this badly are either connoisseurs of solely the FPS and sports game genres, or anti PS3 fanboys. Even only having a small taste of the Beta of LittleBigPlanet, I can honestly say that it will be one of my favorite games this year. Even with the meager 4 levels given in the beta, I played constantly due to the plethora of incredible user created levels as well as I assume those who rated this badly are either connoisseurs of solely the FPS and sports game genres, or anti PS3 fanboys. Even only having a small taste of the Beta of LittleBigPlanet, I can honestly say that it will be one of my favorite games this year. Even with the meager 4 levels given in the beta, I played constantly due to the plethora of incredible user created levels as well as the fun of making levels myself. My wife loves it, I love it, all of my friends have loved it. I can picture playing this for a while. Expand
  76. garymccafferty
    Dec 14, 2008
    i bought this game a few days after it came out on sale it was the best 40 pound i have ever spent the whole game layout and design is great because there is so much to do on the game its endless it gives me hours and hours of fun i give it 10/10 cant wait to get my hands on more costumes
  77. BrandonC
    Oct 22, 2008
    wow a 6 for a user rating.Definitely the work of fanboys.2000 votes and its not even released.Yea,Xbox fanboys must be shitting their pants if their gonna rate LBP that way.Don't worry,this is only your second loss.Socom was your first,wait till Resistance2 owns your beloved Gears series.Then we'll see the scores you give that.
  78. ChrisC.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Amazingly fun game. Creation is very deep and will let you do almost anything you can imagine if you spend the time. Online in the beta was really well thought out and it seems the final version will be the same. The only bad thing about it is the delay, which fortunately I got around.
  79. DaveC.
    Dec 27, 2008
    I payed $360 for this game (as I bought an entire system to just play this) and say that it's all worth it. This is heaven for anyone who is creative or imaginative! Please note though, that the game by itself (meaning the levels which are provided) are nothing that great. THE REASON WHY THIS GAME IS SO GREAT IS FROM THE EDITOR! If you are looking for complete entertainment from the I payed $360 for this game (as I bought an entire system to just play this) and say that it's all worth it. This is heaven for anyone who is creative or imaginative! Please note though, that the game by itself (meaning the levels which are provided) are nothing that great. THE REASON WHY THIS GAME IS SO GREAT IS FROM THE EDITOR! If you are looking for complete entertainment from the levels which are provided, than disappointment is in order for you! LBP is intended for people to use their own ideas to create their own special worlds! I took the time to read some of the undeserved low scores for this game to see what people were complaining about. Most of them didn't know what they were buying. YOU ARE BUYING A LEVEL EDITOR! And for that it deserves high scores. Expand
  80. PaulM.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Flat out fun. rusty, sure. short, oh yes. but undeniably fun as hell. especially with a friend or significant other. the Wife Approval Factor of LBP is perhaps the highest of any console game since Wii Sports. and all this is without ever having taken the game online.
  81. DanielC.
    Dec 3, 2008
    360 fan boys came out in droves to bring down the user score of this game. Go away and play some more mind numbing FPS's with the same objectives and same stradegies. All of your creative thoughts being vanquished from your thick skulls will surely be collected in the LBP. 360 users dont want to have to think about anything they just want to shoot. Why else would their flagship, 360 fan boys came out in droves to bring down the user score of this game. Go away and play some more mind numbing FPS's with the same objectives and same stradegies. All of your creative thoughts being vanquished from your thick skulls will surely be collected in the LBP. 360 users dont want to have to think about anything they just want to shoot. Why else would their flagship, Halo, consist of three games that are exactly the same thing. That is boring. LBP is definately one of the most creative and just plain fun games that has ever been developed. But it is definately a word of mouth game. The more levels that are produced by users and the better the users get at making new levels, will only make this great game better than it already is. This is new, this is the start of a new user involvment in gaming. Basically you have endless amount of content to play, as long as people keep creating, sharing and playing! It is awesome and but be seen and played. Expand
  82. INggaSaproona
    Oct 24, 2008
    This is by far one of the most creative if the not the MOST CREATIVE game ive played all my life. ONe game that would definitely set the ps3 apart from the other consoles. Although it is arguably the Best Game for the Ps3, one can say that it is the best reason to buy one.
  83. NickF
    Dec 5, 2008
    I think that this game is amazing and all the people giving it a score of 0 are clearly the one's with no imagination whatsoever. And Hairy N is clearly a crazy person, this game is not an RPG and I don't think developer Media Molecule would threaten to kill anyone. That aside I think this game will keep me entertained for many more hours as I try and perfect my own level.
  84. JoeSchmoe
    Oct 25, 2008
    IMO, the BETA of this game deserves a 10, based solely on the nearly infinite scope that the UGC tools gives the gaming community. The controls take some getting used to, but they are solid. The only other gripe that I have is the 2.5-D perspective can lead to somewhat confusing situations in some of the user-made levels. You will try to jump to a platform in the background only to land IMO, the BETA of this game deserves a 10, based solely on the nearly infinite scope that the UGC tools gives the gaming community. The controls take some getting used to, but they are solid. The only other gripe that I have is the 2.5-D perspective can lead to somewhat confusing situations in some of the user-made levels. You will try to jump to a platform in the background only to land on something else in the foreground. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I can definitely overlook it as it is quite minor and the pros in this game majorly overshadow this flaw. There are so many positives in this game that I could literally type for the next couple days and still only make a dent on the surface. That being said, I'll try to point out this game's brightest spots. The graphics are matched by few console games. Look no further than the details in all the various materials (sponge, wood, steel, etc.) for evidence of this. The frame rate is rock solid no matter how many objects are presented onscreen, despite all objects having high-res textures. The physics are top notch for a game - in a platform game, no less. The marriage of physics and platforming leads to a unique experience in which surrealism and reason can co-exist to breed the most realistic cutesy platformer to date (note that I also qualify Mario as a "cutesy platformer, with its smiling bullets and hammer throwing turtles). Level designs are limited only by the imagination. Friends, or strangers, can come together for hours and hours of endless fun in online-coop. Just think how cool it would be to have literally thousands of levels to choose from to play online with your buddies. Well, it's GONNA happen as soon as LBP hits the shelves in late October. It would be an understatement to say that this game is great, relative to ALL upper tier games...yes, including even the NES and SNES classics. Heck, it might even be an understatement to say that it is unsurpassed! Quite honestly, if Grand Theft Auto IV deserved all the 10's that it received, then, IMO, LBP is easily a 12. However, being that the score is out of 10....well then, 10 it is. Expand
  85. SteveD
    Oct 25, 2008
    Awesome game. Best platformer ive played in a LONG time. The online community makes this game have endless replay value.
  86. JacksonK.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Why does this have a score of 6.2? Once of the most original games I've ever played as well as one of the best ones. Should be at least a 9.3
  87. KritU.
    Oct 26, 2008
    now that I have played the game, I guess it's time for me to give it a 10. I'm not those who post their rating BEFORE they even get the game. I'm a big RPG fan, so any other kind of games are not really for me. But I have to say that LBP kept me up all night when I had to work 12 hours shift on the next day. Not even GTA IV could do that (well that trash didn't even now that I have played the game, I guess it's time for me to give it a 10. I'm not those who post their rating BEFORE they even get the game. I'm a big RPG fan, so any other kind of games are not really for me. But I have to say that LBP kept me up all night when I had to work 12 hours shift on the next day. Not even GTA IV could do that (well that trash didn't even keep me in front of my tv over 15 mins) I really don't understand why user rating of this game is fairly low. But my best bet would be that those xbox fanboys are giving this game bad scores just because LBP is made by Sony. Expand
  88. MeroA.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I love this new IP I think by the time the online servers are on and running 100% it will be awesome. I mean it is nice to see what the developer has prepared to us. But I want to see what XxvampirexX will be developing.
  89. TheBigmac
    Dec 6, 2008
    Epic. Incredibly refreshing. You'll start giggling like a kid as soon as you pick the controller. And you'll have flashbacks of the fun afternoons you had while playing platformers in your youth. The music is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. It will stick in your head. And you will like it. The graphics are the cleanest crispest most vibrant graphics I've seen in a long time. On an Epic. Incredibly refreshing. You'll start giggling like a kid as soon as you pick the controller. And you'll have flashbacks of the fun afternoons you had while playing platformers in your youth. The music is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. It will stick in your head. And you will like it. The graphics are the cleanest crispest most vibrant graphics I've seen in a long time. On an HD 1080p display with 120hz this game in motion looks too good to be true. Just gorgeous. The attention to detail is ridiculous. Every texture, every material, every sound. The control feels just....perfect. The replay value....Infinite. Besides the main story mode you have bazillions of amazing levels being posted by other users on the PlayStation network minute after minute. You can even jump straight into the most popular ones and never play a bad level. You'll find yourself laughing and doing things you never thought you would do on purpose. Like dressing up a puppet or making it dance to the catchiest tune. You'll remember what having fun like a little kid feels like. And there's also the multi player. Tackling on new levels with your significant other is just a blast in this game. You'll laugh til' your stomach hurts. And you'll ask for more. It's that good. Expand
  90. JordanPike
    Oct 27, 2008
    This game is upbeat, captivating, polished, and challenging. For a platformer, this game has some difficult challenges [similar in difficulty to SM Galaxy]. The physics are fun. The game is colorful and full of great lightly and sharp textures. This game encourages the player to create and share their own hand-crafted levels with the LBP community. I would highly suggest the game to This game is upbeat, captivating, polished, and challenging. For a platformer, this game has some difficult challenges [similar in difficulty to SM Galaxy]. The physics are fun. The game is colorful and full of great lightly and sharp textures. This game encourages the player to create and share their own hand-crafted levels with the LBP community. I would highly suggest the game to anyone who spent too much time in the sandbox as a child, anyone who likes to smile and enjoys an experience beyond what many games offer today. I'm already calling this game as the best game, for me, of 2008. Expand
  91. Vader
    Oct 31, 2008
    Probably really a 9.5. Because it's not perfect and not for everyone. But the people giving it a 0 are nuts or just skewing the rating for their own reasons. Because everyone knows what this game is about before even buying it - so why complain about it being what it advertises to be? When I first tried LBP - just to quickly check the game - a bunch of friends were over. Basically Probably really a 9.5. Because it's not perfect and not for everyone. But the people giving it a 0 are nuts or just skewing the rating for their own reasons. Because everyone knows what this game is about before even buying it - so why complain about it being what it advertises to be? When I first tried LBP - just to quickly check the game - a bunch of friends were over. Basically their jaws dropped and they were enthralled just watching me go through the intro and first level. Yes, the actual game play is not as exciting in many aspects as other some games (mainly from other genres). But the whole package really is amazing! LBP will bring in a lot of the Wii crowd to the PS3 among others. Which is probably what Sony wanted all along. Expand
  92. jamies
    Nov 18, 2009
    this game is really great the single player is pretty generic and boring but the developers are technical master of creating levels i just found them not very fun the real fun is the community playing other peoples amazing levels and developing your own innovative creations. Ive had alot of time making levels and searching around for some really fun and impressive levels
  93. Kalenn
    Jan 14, 2009
    Blows me away that people would write something like "fun but short" and then give a zero. If you thought it was fun, then you obviously got more than 0 value out of it. That said, I'm a huge fan of the game. This is the first game I've played in a long time where the simple joy of completing some of the tasks made me laugh out loud. I'll admit the controls in jumping can Blows me away that people would write something like "fun but short" and then give a zero. If you thought it was fun, then you obviously got more than 0 value out of it. That said, I'm a huge fan of the game. This is the first game I've played in a long time where the simple joy of completing some of the tasks made me laugh out loud. I'll admit the controls in jumping can be a bit irritating at times, but if people are going to give a 0 for "fun but short", then I can give a 10 for a fantastic experience with mildly irritating controls (sometimes). The level editing tools is extremely robust, and the MGS expansion pack is a valuable addition, if only for the impact the paintinator can have on custom map design. The online community is extremely robust, with a huge number of online levels available after only 2 months in the public. Expand
  94. AodhanM
    Oct 16, 2009
    this is probably the most innovative and engrossing games ever created, the only people who could possibly say they don't like this are more than likely 'fan boys' or visually impaired. the only cons are that it's not exactly the most macho game to show off to your mates, at least not until they've played the game.
  95. JamieP.
    Jan 18, 2009
    Right, basically this game is perfect. I have had it for three days and have just moved on to the third set of levels. I could have unlocked all the levels by now but I have obsessed in finding every single item that I can. I played the secong level ten times through and each time I found something new or exciting that made it feel fresh instead of boring. Then there is the user levels Right, basically this game is perfect. I have had it for three days and have just moved on to the third set of levels. I could have unlocked all the levels by now but I have obsessed in finding every single item that I can. I played the secong level ten times through and each time I found something new or exciting that made it feel fresh instead of boring. Then there is the user levels and the quickplay, which even if the levels are basic allows for a short 5 minute burst of fun, especially with a mate. In response to Tom Radd's 1 out of 10, all I can say is that you should have finished the tutorials, not waited for the videos and never, ever insult Stephen Fry! Expand
  96. MauricioL
    Dec 31, 2009
    Incredible game, easy to play, easy to be addicted to but hard to complete 100% And the feature of buliding your own stage... Awesome!!!
  97. VamsiV
    Mar 18, 2009
    Nothing short of outstanding. This game is the epitome of creativity and amusement. It offers various features that have all been designed to perfection. This game has succeeded where other games have failed by ensuring the understanding to map creation. Thus, eliminating the spam that is caused by people who do not understand how to make a map.
  98. GabeM
    Jun 28, 2009
    This is by far the beat PS3 game there is. I understand GTA4 got bigger bucks, but Little Big Planet has more innovation. Honestly I have found a few things they can add, but being the tools you have there's not much else you need. I'm an artist and it makes my gaze in awe when I'm able to bring to life anything I draw with movement, sound, and/or design. Right now I'm This is by far the beat PS3 game there is. I understand GTA4 got bigger bucks, but Little Big Planet has more innovation. Honestly I have found a few things they can add, but being the tools you have there's not much else you need. I'm an artist and it makes my gaze in awe when I'm able to bring to life anything I draw with movement, sound, and/or design. Right now I'm designing (using grid paper) a Harry Potter level, which I wouldn't be able to make without Little Big Planet. Expand
  99. FrankT
    Nov 13, 2008
    KISS - keep it simple stupid... Media Molecule's Littel Big Planet is a well crafted, content rich game that is here to stay. With the user created content, the game play will be as rich as anyone's imagination. Yes, in this beginning stages, user content will not be as polished as Media Molecules, but users will get the hang of it and interesting levels will appear soon enough.KISS - keep it simple stupid... Media Molecule's Littel Big Planet is a well crafted, content rich game that is here to stay. With the user created content, the game play will be as rich as anyone's imagination. Yes, in this beginning stages, user content will not be as polished as Media Molecules, but users will get the hang of it and interesting levels will appear soon enough. Game play is simple and straight forward. There is no need to go thru manuals and complex button usage. Everything is as intuitive as the game. A major plus is the ability to download content from the Playstation Network for free or with a small fee. The latest... astronaut suit and the pumkin head, download it before it is discontinued. Multi-player coop is what will propell LBP to a level that no other games will reach. The interaction between different characters adds a new dimension. Lets hope that user created content will be careful enough not to create levels only for multiplayers, allowing single players to finish the level without a partner.
    Any PS3 owner should have this game.. it is a must have.
  100. stevem
    Nov 15, 2008
    This is a fabulous game. I predict it will start a new wave of games that allow the users to create and share their own levels on consoles. Ignore the XBOX kids who haven't even played this game. They are lowering the rating because they are mad that Sony didn't give them the game too.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    There simply isn't anything else like LBP on any system, anywhere. It's a beautifully elegant and powerful creative tool that puts unlimited potential in the palm of your hand. [Nov 2008, p.92]
  2. We're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.
  3. Little Big Planet is revolutionary thanks to its flexible, fun and powerful editor. Creating a quality level takes time but the feeling of achievement is overwhelming. A must for everyone who loves creativity or likes to explore what the creativity of a passionate community can produce.