7.9

1. Oct 21, 2013
    Lone Survivor is a beautiful game. I played it on PC at first, but when I saw this, I had to buy it and replay. It was still good. I really recommend everyone to give Lone Survivor a try.
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    I bought this game once it was available in store today. I played the PC version and I should say this is a much better game. Lone Survivor is one of the best survival horror indie games I have ever seen. It starts mysteriously in a very nightmarish world filled with a really moody atmosphere and step by step it will tell you the story. I will not spoil anything about the story.
    Lone
    Survivor is pretty much about surviving. In the game world you have to explore and while you explore you have to be careful to take enough food and sleep. You have to keep your sanity stable as well by consuming pills. the game really relies on resource management and as you go through the game the more depth will be added to the overall survival mechanism. Since the items are important therefore exploring in the game is very rewarding as well.
    However, exploring will not be that easy. It is all about the choices that you will make based on your items. you can go ahead and kill all the monsters you can chose to accomplish you goal by stealth rather than fighting with enemies. depend on which action you chose all the items you have found will come in handy, depend on the item the consequences will be varied. you can stunt enemies, blind them, burn them or kill them with your shotgun and so on. There is a really crazy variety of items that you can use and since you will treat everything as a scare source therefore the gameplay will not be repetitive throughout the game.
    Other than these sort of challenges which you will face through the adventure in the game, also for exploring you will be required to look for maps, there are various puzzles to solve as well which all together adds more variety to the core gameplay.
    The game world is truly beautiful. Mostly it reminds me of the silent hill series but it has its own art style. even though it is pixelated but as the matter of the fact this kind of graphics adds a better level of the atmosphere to the overall presentation. Sound effects, dialogues and so on are quiet quality work.
    I recommend this game to every survival horror lover.
  3. Jun 18, 2014
    With an atmosphere as thick as butter, tight gameplay mechanics and fantastic pixel artwork, this game might be one of the best indies of this year.
    If you're looking for a good survival and horror-game of the old school, look no further!

1. Oct 14, 2013
    Lone Survivor might just be the purest survival horror game of this generation, leaving the player to desperately fend for himself, without offering him any clear information whatsoever on what's going on. One-man developer Jasper Byrne manages to use what are essentially GameBoy Color graphics to his advantage, suggesting horrors rather than flatout confronting the player with them, and expertly using creepy sound design to strengthen the experience. The map mechanics suck and it's a shame the game doesn't last very long, but horror fans can't go wrong with Lone Survivor.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    This Director's Cut shows very few novelties but Lone Survivor is still disturbing and oppressive on the smaller screen of Vita.
    A riveting survival-horror adventure, Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut is the best way to play the utterly terrifying indie gem.