6.8

1. Aug 24, 2010
    Great game, It has everything you need in a shooter. Campaign, Online Multiplayer, Co-op. THe storyline takes away from the game as it is confusing and not that detailed. The multiplayer on the other hand is great that includes 10 maps, 14 including dlc. It also has 5 different game modes. This game has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, not to mention it also has gigantic bosses. This game is a must buy. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2010
    Great game, not worth 60 bucks, but not that its down its a must buy. If you like a not complicated game that objective is easy. SHOOT OBVIOUS WEAK SPOT! You will enjoy
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    One of the only games I bothered to purchase for more than one platform, Lost Planet 2 is one of my favourite games because its emphasis is on having fun. It's like a toy; if you want to play with huge armoured mechs and gargantuan alien creatures then you're well catered for here. Excellent visuals, fantastic Japanese style design (on everything!) best enjoyed in co-op with a friend or two.
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    Go BUY THIS GAME NOW!! because to be honest.. Lost Planet 2 is BY FAR the MOST UNDERRATED GAMES EVER!!!! Ø
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    Lost Planet 2 is BY FAR the MOST UNDERRATED GAMES EVER!!!! Ø
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    my favourite game of the generation. i think it isn't understand for the general public, its a personal´s game and very charismatic. Everything involving this planet is fantastic, its design and his world teeming imagination everywhere. It is certainly a cool game with identity, in a clone genre and already so trite. I only hope a third release of this great game.
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    First off, this is a T-rated game. Those who are looking for blood splatter, random bad language, and super-realistic guns/gunfire will not enjoy this game. In short, this game is remarkably safe for your kids to play. Having said that, I'll get to what makes this game tick.
    I picked this game up with a couple of friends one weekend, not really knowing what to expect. Once we started
    playing, we couldn't put it down. This game is FUN, especially playing with friends. You move through extensive, multi-tiered levels that can be completed from about 5-20 min, respectively. These levels are widely varied in atmosphere and setting, showcasing almost every environment you could possibly think of fighting in. This includes jungles, tundra, desert, underwater, urban, outer space, etc. Then there are the boss fights, which are very fun to play, and often have more than meets the eye. For example, there is one boss you fight that you can crawl inside of, something that I missed the first time I played.
    The controls are sometimes clunky but easy to get the hang of, and there are a large variety of weapons that you can experiment with, finding the perfect combination that fits your playing style. Oh, and the grenades explode when you shoot them!
    The only thing that I can't be happy with is the storyline. Not that it's bad... if you can understand what's going on. During the course of the game, you will be playing as several different factions who each hold a piece of the story. This means that you can quite easily lose grasp on what is happening in the main storyline. It's annoyingly unclear for over half of the game, and in the scope of the game, it isn't that important either.
    Another sore point with a lot of users is the online feature. The maps are often slightly revamped versions of career locations or locations from the previous game. I personally think this isn't a problem, but I don't get online very much. If you're looking for something new with the online feature, you won't find it here. It's something that was included with the game, but it's nothing special.
    This game was not meant to be taken very seriously, in my opinion. It's meant to be a fun game that you can play with your friends, fighting giant insects and Avatar-like machines through lush, well-thought out terrain, and with an arsenal of interesting weapons.

My verdict is as follows:
    Gameplay 10/10 very fun, easy to learn, and great replay value
    Environment 9/10 varied and well-thought out, however pretty linear
    Storyline 5/10 confusing and unclear for most of the game; not a bad one though
    Other 8/10 customizable characters/weapons, interesting unlock system, co-op campaign!, mediocre online play

Total 9/10 I would say this is the best T-rated shooter for the PS3/360, at least so far.
  8. Mar 20, 2012
    Here's the honest-to-goodness truth about Lost Planet 2: If you like coop and unlockables GET THIS GAME. If you are only interested in single player story elements and smooth sailing through the campaign, you might want to give this a pass. The important question that you need to answer for yourself is do you mind playing the same levels over and over again with friends to unlock more stuff to then become more efficient and better at going through those levels again to then unlock more stuff? If your answer is yes, this is the game for you. But again, if you generally want to play a game once or twice because of the story and character development, stay away.

I personally loved this game. I played it hours upon hours when it was initially released due to the addictive nature of the coop story modes. There is a huge amount of unlockables (basically 6 different types of every weapon type so my guess is 50 - 60 weapon unlocks alone!) and the replayability is unparalleled. The closed thing I can think of is the new Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. If you like that format, then you'll be right at home with this. In summation, it's a lot of fun. The only reason I gave it an 8 is because I know it's not a game for everyone, but if you do love dominating maps over and over to unlock new loot and equipment it's a must buy (especially since it's so cheap now). Not sure of the online community nowadays but if you and 3 of your friends pitch in $10 a piece and grab a copy used you'll have tons of fun.

1. In the build up to its release, Lost Planet 2 was seriously hyped up but as is so often the case in the games industry it sadly fails to live up to its billing offering nothing more than an at best an average shooter and one that is left to hardcore fans of the original rather than the gaming masses.
  2. Ostensibly, Lost Planet 2 has been built with multiplayer in mind. As a single player experience is competent but slightly underwhelming. [June 2010 p72]
  3. For nearly every aspect of the game, awesomeness comes with a caveat. The shooting mechanics are responsive, intuitive...and annoying as hell. The run-and-gun style works just fine - as long as we never let a bullet touch us. [June 2010, p.66]