5.4

1. Jul 10, 2014
    La campagna in single player è molto ben realizzata,
    la storia molto interessante con una buona sceneggiatura, sezioni TPS tecnicamente di buon livello.
    Tra i contro una ripetitività di fondo, lunghe sessioni a piedi disarmano il giocatore e lo annoiano in fretta.
    Sottolineo per la versione Italiana audio distorto nei video di intermezzo, con un fondo "metallico" che sta proprio male!

La componente multiplayer è realizzata molto bene! Modalità originali ottima crescita delle abilità....inspiegabilmente però i server sono spesso vuoti, e si fa fatica a trovare gente!

L'impressione che sia un capolavoro mancato, da provare.
  2. May 10, 2014
    Inconsistent gameplay mechanics and a laughable frame-rate keep this somewhat enjoyable sci fi adventure from even being worth a glimpse. Save yourself the insanely frustrating experience and stay away from this game.
  3. ket
    Dec 27, 2013
    After doing my own research on Lost Planet 3, ignoring all the reviews (99% miss the whole point in LP3) here is a good bad bullet point style assessment. I'll try not to give any spoilers away.

Good:

The Story. Without a doubt, there is a story in LP3 and its a interesting one given to you both as you progress through the game and spoon fed via audio and text logs you can discover.
    In fact, I have watched the Lost Planet series closely and did not buy LP 1 or 2 due to their non-existent story and being nothing more than a mindless FPS. Thankfully, LP3s story is brimming with substance.

Characters. All the characters in LP3 are interesting and individual, no jar-head morons you really couldn't give a flying crap about like in LP1 and 2.

Weapons. Initially the weapons you get are pretty mundane, a pistol, and quite early in you get a shotgun and machine gun. As you progress you will eventually get the option to buy such weapons as grenade launchers, the P.I.G. and disc grenades. If you do some exploring you will find weapons such as a pulse rifle and what I can only describe as a sniper rifle rail gun. There may be more weapons I didn't find as well.

Upgrades. In LP3 you can upgrade your "rig" (giant mech) as well as later in the game being able to "upgrade" your character with certain abilities and a tech upgrade for your suit.

EDN III. Honestly, its a interesting place I WANTED to manually walk around instead of using the fast travel. I just wish there were more to explore and locations to find on EDN III.

The Average:

Combat & AI. The combat in LP3 isn't bad, but its not good either. Controls are a little on the clumsy side for certain things and a fair few times I would be in combat and enemies would become docile, only becoming aggressive again once I shot bashed them a few times that is, if they weren't dead by then.

The Bad:

The enemies. While I have nothing against the enemies themselves in LP3 there is a couple parts of the game lumped right after the other where the game itself is just intensely unfair on the player (I played on normal) continuously throwing wave after wave of enemies at you that surround and swarm you on top of some truly unfair boss situations, not even the good kind that are challenging but rewarding, just frustrating. Thankfully all of the game up to and after these points are ok. Rarely will you feel the game is deliberately being unfair on you just to increase the amount of hours you invest into it which nicely brings me on to my next point.

Game length. On normal, I completed LP3 in 16-20 hours, and thats with considerable delay at a few points that were just unfair. Expect 8-12 hours of gameplay if you play on easy.

Level design. Mostly the level design is good, but at a few points markers are in the wrong position which if you don't know what to do will frustrate you and its really not made clear on some boss battles just what you are supposed to do due to poor introductions to the games controls.

Final Word:

If you enjoy films or games with a good story that explore distant space and have a healthy dose of secrets, derelict, abandoned facilities and untouchable companies with their own alternate agenda mixed with solid, but nothing ground breaking, gameplay you should enjoy Lost Planet 3.

7 10
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    What's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hub environments, great atmosphere, excellent graphics, great gameplay, etc. Again, what were the reviews going on about? It's a travesty that this has such a low Metacritic score. This has far more depth, far better voice acting, far better characters, far better gameplay, etc. than prior Lost Planet titles. Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2013
    Lost Planet 2, was a criminally underrated gem. Just about everything in it was nigh-flawless: beautiful and varied scenery, impressively detailed characters and creatures, some of the greatest boss battles I've ever played, a variety of exciting missions, gunplay that's tight at best and tolerable at worst, and much more.
    For the follow-up, Lost Planet 3, all of that was removed.
    Now,
    let me just get this out of the way LP3 is not a terrible game. The plot is surprisingly well-acted, packed with likable, realistic characters and some intriguing developments. It's just when the gameplay rolls around that problems start to spring up. I don't usually say this about video games, because story-based games almost consistently do something unique for the medium to make them stick out, but this game probably would have been better served as a movie or in-universe novel.
    Now, the many flaws in the game itself.
    The high standard in graphical variety set by LP2 is actually downgraded here. There are no lush jungles, desert villages, bustling cities, or grotesquely active Akrid hives to be found here; from start to finish, it's almost all icy, barren tundra and identical cave after identical cave. I realize that this is explained in-universe, as it's a prequel to the global warming event that causes the varied settings, but it still feels lazy. Speaking of graphics, the Akrid are also much less impressive to look at; they lack the texture and spark of life LP2 gave them, and now are just run-of-the-mill blue-grey cannon fodder. Some of the larger ones (almost never matching the size of LP2's very first boss) even feel cartoony, and none are even mildly threatening in appearance.
    On the topic of the Akrid, they were once a thrill to fight. Holding down an outpost against a tide of oncoming Akrid after reuniting with your team in LP2 hits that point home. Now... doing battle with them is monotonous, frustrating, and almost always feels like a chore. Against a swarm of the weakest enemies in the game a swarm that would have taken all of six seconds to cut through in LP2 it's very easy to suffer repeated deaths. I'm all for a good challenge, and I understand that survival in an unforgiving environ is a main theme of the game, but this is to the point of cheapness and frustration. It's only compounded by the lackluster, piss-weak weaponry and generic cover-based gunplay. I could forgive the frustration if they were at least still exciting to fight, but as you've probably guessed, that is sadly not true. The bosses take the worst hit; they repeat endlessly, are mostly tiny, and choreograph every attack.
    Whereas LP2 had you taking down a mine by collapsing its drill, commandeering a submarine and guiding it to freedom, and engaging in a strategic raid on a space station (complete with zero-gravity and a stratospheric freefall) very mission in this game involves trudging through the aforementioned mediocre environment, most often to fetch or repair something, before backtracking from the endless wastes to your base again.

TL;DR: Capcom wanted to emulate recent games like Dead Space 3, so this happened. It's a massive wasted opportunity.
  6. Sep 19, 2013
    Lost Planet 3, it looked so promising, a game who could had redeemed the franchise reputation but it ended in failure but not all is lost. The story takes place before the events of the first Lost Planet game, it tells the story of the first few human colonists on the iced planet E.D.N. III, the main character its Jim Peyton, a colonist who is working for NEVEC who's job is to mine and send minerals back to earth but as the story continues Jim begins to unravel the dark secrets of NEVEC. While the story is good, the gameplay is really simple, it requires you to dodge attacks and shoot, that's almost it, you will face the akrids just like the previous games with some basic weapons that gives the game a really generic feeling, although it can be fun at first, you will end feeling bored some times the more you play it. The game doesn't features the VS mechs like the originals, it features a mech called Rigs which gives the game some sort of variation by the different functions it has, but not enough too make the game come through as it needed to go. Expand
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    There is nothing really wrong with this game, on a alarming amount of glitches and bugs. The problem with this game is that it is just boring as it takes now new concepts are ideas and instead is very generic with standard graphics, undeveloped characters which have no development through out the campaign leaving with nothing and no memory's to take away from it. I have not tested the multi player enough to be able to give detailed review but it seems to be an improvement on the reparative and dull story line.

In a nut shell this game does not loose any points but it does not gain any either which makes it a mediocre at best with only the multi player bosting the final score slightly. If you played the previous games or are a fan of the series I recommend you don't purchase this one as this is a real let down.
  8. Sep 6, 2013
    Pros:Story/Ending is fantastic its tell a whole life of a man...and E.d.n.3 planet,music pretty good,
    robot view,places,characters,non linear gameplay.
    Cons:can't play old jim...Graphics, sometimes even lost planet 1 is nicer...Unreal3 engine is too old.
    gameplay sometimes get boring.
  9. Sep 4, 2013
    I'll spend 150 characters to explain that if you click on the shining review by Jinxie you can see that the only 3 games this person has ever reviewed are all the various versions of this game, it's clear then to everyone 2 things
    1. this person had a part in making this game because this is a game which could only be rated highly by the games mother
    2. It's bull 100% if it wasn't such
    stand out from every other review for this game it might not draw much attention, perhaps if they'd given it an 8, maybe reviewed 1 or 2 games just at random which weren't their own product, but nope, blatantly just trying to fluff their own games score up on here.

Dire game, dire practices by capcom trying to inflate scores here, Dire franchise that needs to just have the good grace to die now so capcom can return to making Horror games with actual horror in them.
  10. Aug 29, 2013
    Just a game. Interesting station,interesting machine. Boring story. Without blacklist,sr4, dragons crown and coming rayman maybe this game could be longer for me.
  11. Aug 29, 2013
    The story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was more interesting and fleshed out. It's good, summer fun and I'd recommend it. Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2013
    Spark Unlimited's best game yet, still terrible. This is one of the most generic formulaic games boring games I've ever played. It feels like work. There are already so many similar games out there, all of which will be at least some degree better than this. I see no reason to buy this. I will say some of the environments look really good but there is a lot of inconsistency, sometimes they look great sometimes not. I would strongly recommend against buying this game, even on sale. If you have to get it, the PC one looks better and doesn't lag as much. Expand
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    robot view,places,characters,non linear gameplay.
    gameplay sometimes get boring.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    A somewhat shaky but original and entertaining game series has in Lost Planet 3 been dumbed down to boring gray matter. Everything that made the series unique has been removed and replaced with a story focused game that no one asked for. The story in and of itself is alright but it doesn't salvage Lost Planet 3 since you still have to play an utterly awful game to experience it.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    It's a shame that the ominous atmosphere and touching story aren't backed up with quality gameplay. Lost Planet 3 takes the series in a whole new direction but unfortunately it doesn't head down a unique path.
  3. Oct 23, 2013