Madden NFL 08 PlayStation 3

5.3

1. KyleW.
    Aug 15, 2007
    Much better than last year and still very smooth despite the frame rate difference from the 360. EA still leaves more to improve on, but that's why we come back every year to see what else has been added.
  2. EdgeG.
    Aug 18, 2007
    Don't play into the negative 30 fps hype, it is barely noticeable and does NOT detract from the game play at all. This game is fantastic and highly recommended. 30 fps is fine.
  3. MannyC.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Honestly, you'll only notice the difference in framerate if you are playing the game on both consoles everyday. Both versions look and play great. And while the 360 version does run a bit faster and smoother, the PS3 version isnt a rushed, broken port like last years. 08 features an all new animation system, Superstar mode has been vastly improved, Owner mode is back, and the games Honestly, you'll only notice the difference in framerate if you are playing the game on both consoles everyday. Both versions look and play great. And while the 360 version does run a bit faster and smoother, the PS3 version isnt a rushed, broken port like last years. 08 features an all new animation system, Superstar mode has been vastly improved, Owner mode is back, and the games engine and controls feel less clunky. If you love Madden and own a Playstation 3 you will love this game. Expand
  4. JoeT.
    Aug 13, 2007
    Far better than last years, however it still could use some work. The secondary feels almost cheap to me with the amount of interceptions both sides get a game. 30fps isn't a deal breaker but if you look hard enough you will notice the difference. I doubt the mainstream even knows or cares about the frame rate difference.
  5. TimothyD.
    Aug 31, 2007
    Based on its own merits this game is a solid football title that will certainly whet your football appetite; but when compared to other iterations of Madden you can't help but notice that Madden is frustratingly missing some of the little things. For example; 1) Timeouts aren't readily visible on screen to alert you to how many you have. 2) The kicking game is once again Based on its own merits this game is a solid football title that will certainly whet your football appetite; but when compared to other iterations of Madden you can't help but notice that Madden is frustratingly missing some of the little things. For example; 1) Timeouts aren't readily visible on screen to alert you to how many you have. 2) The kicking game is once again stripped down; No squib kicks. The return game as well is stripped down. You no longer can chose to return left, middle, or right. The framerate issue is really not an issue at all. The game plays very well and the new features make the gameplay that much better but until EA get the little things right It wont get into the 90's. Expand
  6. RavenX301
    Aug 14, 2007
    Look....I own all the next gen consoles....The 360, Wii, and this PS3. and altought I admit I am much more impressed with the 360 thus far (and you canot denie that) I am looking for that small light at the end of the tunnel for PS3. This game is in no comparsions better than the 360 version ONLY becasue the frame rate is really, really not good when looking at them side by side. The gameLook....I own all the next gen consoles....The 360, Wii, and this PS3. and altought I admit I am much more impressed with the 360 thus far (and you canot denie that) I am looking for that small light at the end of the tunnel for PS3. This game is in no comparsions better than the 360 version ONLY becasue the frame rate is really, really not good when looking at them side by side. The game is still great, but in a sports game there is no room for frame rate drops. I really dont believe this is becasue sonys a piece of sh!t, but merely some develping problem or mishap. Thankfully i rented this on both to really see whhat these poeple were talking about. Still, if you only own a PS3 its not as bad as popele make it out to be. There are alot of stuipid FANBOYS on both sides of PS and Microsoft. In my mind...I just hope every game that comes out is as good as they say it should be no matter what console. Alot of games on the PS suck bad....theres also alot on the 360 that suck bad, and the Wii. Why do you poeple seem to stop at a single console and completly hate the other? 360 has cleary got a better online support, however, I trust my PS3 to hold up better than my 360 (paying almost twice cvertainly should help this!) and I think in the long run PS will certianly have there share of great games and 360 will have theres and the Wii....will....lets just keep our fingers crossed......All in all So far the PS3's best titles have come from the 360 ports. I'm not sure why this is. maybe sonys trying to buy itself time, but trust therre both great systems with there own problems and set backs, but so far there is no contest in preformance for many games. Good job 360, and and give the PS3 some time to grow into the monster its supoose to be. Expand
  7. JeffL.
    Aug 24, 2007
    This game is definitely better then last years version, as far as the frame rate, well, to me it runs very smooth, the gameplay is better then last years, graphics are a tad better, certain players are a bit more noticable then last year. The animations are fantastic, very relaistic, gang tackles, new catch animations, they look very realistic, one thing they can work on is the kicking This game is definitely better then last years version, as far as the frame rate, well, to me it runs very smooth, the gameplay is better then last years, graphics are a tad better, certain players are a bit more noticable then last year. The animations are fantastic, very relaistic, gang tackles, new catch animations, they look very realistic, one thing they can work on is the kicking game, especially on kickoffs, hardly any kickers boot kicks into the endzone, in this game it is inevtiable, also there should be custom moves for certain key retunr players that have the ability to retunrn kicks and punts to the endzone all the time. The annoucner is not horrible, but tiresome and annoying, they desperately need a real announcer to spice things up, and the presentation is lacking, although I like how they showcase key plays at half time andat the end of the game, it just needs to feel more like watching an actual football game. it controls very well, very responsive, and as far as everyone talking about a lot of fumbles, well, I have not expereinced that many, but I can see what they are talking about, there should be a specific slider that increases fumbles or decreases, something like that would help balance the game. i say if you played madden last year on the ps3 and liked it, you will like this version, just dont expect it to blow you away, maybe next year. Expand

Sadly, just like with "NCAA Football 08" and "All-Pro Football 2K8," PS3 owners are stuck with an inferior version of Madden. While the game runs at 60 frames per second on Microsoft's box, Madden only clocks in at 30fps on Sony's console. The result? The gameplay isn't nearly as smooth as the 360 version and even stutters at times.
  2. It knows what works best, and rather than reinvent the wheel it focuses on smoothing out the kinks. Visual and performance drawbacks aside, Madden NFL 08 more than suffices.
  3. All the modes have finally made the starting lineup, and there are successful tweaks and additions to both the gameplay and options. It's still more of an evolution than a revolution, but that's like saying LaDanian [la-dane-ian] Tomlinson just got better.