6.8

1. Peaches
    Oct 6, 2009
    Were the reviewers playing the version of Madden 10 we got? I wouldn't think so reading their reviews, when it shows players on the sidelines there numbers often show up as 00 for 6 different guys! The game itself is decent but the superstar mode SUCKS! No interviews, no movie deals, no progression nothing that would make you want to play it. I think people get paid to give games good scores
  2. MikeM
    Sep 8, 2009
    I gave this a 7, although it's more like 7.5 Although this is EA Sports strongest Madden showing on the next gen consoles it still is an incomplete package. Some of the graphical and programming problems that existed in Madden 09 still exist in Madden 10. These problems really stand out in gamers minds given the fact that it looks like EA spent a fair share of time working out their I gave this a 7, although it's more like 7.5 Although this is EA Sports strongest Madden showing on the next gen consoles it still is an incomplete package. Some of the graphical and programming problems that existed in Madden 09 still exist in Madden 10. These problems really stand out in gamers minds given the fact that it looks like EA spent a fair share of time working out their micro-transaction strategies as they did nailing down all the core gameplay bugs and issues. We are in 2010 yet Madden is losing components that were free in other versions of Madden, like medical staff and player boosts in favor charging a fee for download this year. Also missing in the console version is a play creator. Although it IS in the PSP version and allows you to import them to PS3. Forcing people to yet again, purchase another version of the game in order to have a feature that used to be included in the package. The presentation, although touted as being "New and Improved" only offer us things that existed as well in past Madden titles and were later inexplicably removed. Chain gangs and Injury Carts date back to the Sega Genesis era and shouldn't be anything for the Madden Dev team to hang their hats on. As for the Halftime show......I'd rather have the option to turn it off. NFL2K5 was the only game that did this right. In fact NFL2K5 has Madden10 beat in the presentation department, contrary to what EA or other review outlets may claim. Gamers should be happy to finally have a playable and enjoyable NFL game again, but hopefully they are still far from satisfied. Expand
  3. cd
    Sep 20, 2009
    The commentary is all wrong, like they are not watching the game, rather hear nothing, the other really big deal is when the opponent is in the no huddle they catch your defense offside all the time, this is terrible when you stop them jus to get a 5 yard penilty and down over, this to me takes away from the game, not realilistic at all, 09 was better, next time ea should learn the game.
  4. AnonymousMC
    Aug 28, 2009
    I boycotted Madden after their first attempt for the PS3. However, after reading all the "professional" reviews I finally thought they hit gold. While the game play is good there are still a ton of annoying glitches that make a very unpolished game once again. Till EA loses the exclusive rights they will never be pushed to create another great football game.
  5. Feb 25, 2015
    The IQ test is really fun to do. The graphics are a great improvement from the PS2, this was my first game I ever bought for the PS3. Gameplay wise, its Madden, its fun!

Madden NFL 10 doesn’t redefine the series or innovate in any monumental way, but that doesn’t stop it from being a truly great football game.
  2. In the end Madden 10 is the kind of game that I am willing to look past the shortcomings because what’s good is really, really good. It’s worth putting up with the faults in order to experience what works.
    Being able to focus on finding an open receiver without worrying as much about the split-second paranoia of protecting my player was a welcome relief.