Madden NFL 12 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Sep 9, 2011
    Madden and EA have missed the mark for the fifth year in a row. With little improvements to game play and presentation Madden 12 is a big disappointment. It's easy to overlook the good things because there are so many few good things about this game. For example, multiplayer has been updated but single player seems to be neglected by EA. How many more years are they going to make a poorMadden and EA have missed the mark for the fifth year in a row. With little improvements to game play and presentation Madden 12 is a big disappointment. It's easy to overlook the good things because there are so many few good things about this game. For example, multiplayer has been updated but single player seems to be neglected by EA. How many more years are they going to make a poor showing of Madden. Other problems are, too many glitches with commentary by Gus Johnson (not his fault). Sounds in the game are unclear and unfinished. And also the graphics haven't got a makeover in years. So folks this one is a no no, do not buy unless your a hardcore football fan like me and have little choice if you want to play football on the console. EA we are all waiting for a better Madden game. Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2011
    I'll have to go with a 7 because technically it's not a bad game but it's the same rehashed game but with seemingly more glitches. There are multiple trophies that are glitched and even invisible players! Not lying, I've had my D linemen go invisible probably 6-7 times already, sometimes just 1 guys, sometimes 2-3. There"s the normal gameplay glitches like when throwing verticals and hailI'll have to go with a 7 because technically it's not a bad game but it's the same rehashed game but with seemingly more glitches. There are multiple trophies that are glitched and even invisible players! Not lying, I've had my D linemen go invisible probably 6-7 times already, sometimes just 1 guys, sometimes 2-3. There"s the normal gameplay glitches like when throwing verticals and hail mary's it just becomes a **** of 8 people wherever you throw the ball. I'm glad I rented. Also very pissed that you can basically buy the platinum trophy by paying money for hall of famers in MUT mode and you could've paid $25 and got the game 3 days early and earned trophies. Such **** imo but that's EA for you. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    The game is a lot of fun as always but there were definitely some issues. The one that bothers me the most is the horribly ugly cheerleaders. The 8 bit Temco Bowl had better cheerleaders. Overall the game is fun and Madden fans will be happy but there are some issues that just make the game a 7.
  4. Sep 3, 2011
    Madden NFL 12. It's here and frankly not a wait worth while. When I played the demo I thought this game was going to be great. The demo however only showed the great parts of the game and hid certain elements of the full game that made it what it is. The good things about the game are the enhanced graphics, real life feel, and the small added touches in every part of the game. TheMadden NFL 12. It's here and frankly not a wait worth while. When I played the demo I thought this game was going to be great. The demo however only showed the great parts of the game and hid certain elements of the full game that made it what it is. The good things about the game are the enhanced graphics, real life feel, and the small added touches in every part of the game. The graphics look very realistic especially the grass and turf during close ups. The fact that they try to make it like a game you'd watch on T.V is cool but can be easily annoying at times. The added elements are there but are so small that buying this game is unnecessary if you already have Madden NFL 11. EA Sports is failing to fix the major problems and add major features to the series. The biggest problems as I see as I play long are finicky ball physics, lame and glitchy commentating, and the A.I is inconsistent and full of glitches. For example I'm playing a season as the Bills. Week 2 I faced the Raiders and had a very difficult game and only won by a field goal. I then traveled back home and faced the Patriots and smoked them out. Tom Brady threw 4 interceptions and had 3 sacks. This continues through out the Franchise and needs serious attention. The ball physics are very odd to say the least. I go to throw the ball just before I get hit and the ball flies around the line scrimmage like a rubber ball. The commentating is incredibly annoying. Every game I play in my Franchise Chris Collinsworth says "leading the way, wide receiver Steve Johnson." This is every game within the first quarter! It feels unoriginal and scripted and as if the commentating was recorded on CD and replayed the same for every game. EA Sports needs to completely re-boot the game from scratch and make one hell of a comeback next year because since Madden NFL 09 everything feels the same with just minor add-ons. Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2011
    The game is good but they have not really changed much since Madden 06, which was the last Madden I played. Madden 12 is still a lot of fun but it uses the same gameplay mechanics as Madden 06. The Graphics are much better but gameplay is not vastly improved.
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    There are some notable improvements to the franchise mode. However, the commentary is completely broken, and as such made the game far less enjoyable to me than it could have been.
    The announcers should never say that my Tight End is a great quarterback, likewise, the 20 yard line is not "excellent field position" as they often state. I don't think it would have been all that hard to have the commentators say something other than talk about homefield advantage at the start of every single game as well. Overall, the game plays much better, but with all the work that they did to make it feel more like an actual NFL game, the fact that the commentary is noticeably worse than last years game makes me like this game far less than I would have.

Perhaps they need to hire some voice actors instead of big names so they can actually take the time to have a commentary instead of simply recycling a lot of the commentary from games past.
  7. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a word... it's okay. And that's a terrible thing to be judged as on a franchise that's already on it's nth iteration. After over 6 years, this game should be excellent... but it's only okay. Clearly EA aren't bothering to spend money on this game, since other "12" branded games are far better. The graphics are old (and I mean really old); the single-player mode is pretty weak; it's slow to load etc etc and it just goes on and on. Unfortunately, EA have stopped making this for PC, which means that the graphics are going to stay old, and they're never going to put any more effort into developing the game. Madden 13? Why would you bother? Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Like most madden games it is the same game as last year with a couple of tweaks to gameplay. The tackeling is more realistic and the pass defense is much improved. I only play on all Madden and if you thrown into coverage you will pay dearly. That combined with the smaller passing windows makes it the most dificult madden yet. You can't just march up and down the field. Running hasLike most madden games it is the same game as last year with a couple of tweaks to gameplay. The tackeling is more realistic and the pass defense is much improved. I only play on all Madden and if you thrown into coverage you will pay dearly. That combined with the smaller passing windows makes it the most dificult madden yet. You can't just march up and down the field. Running has also been improved on last year.

That said those are the only real changes made. Franchise mode has been tweaked slightly but online franchise mode, my favorite mode in theory, has not been adjusted from last year. The computer still cuts and resigns players and there is never a free agent you want to sign.
  9. Dec 26, 2011
    As usual, this game feels just like last year's, and has the same repetitive and disjointed dialog.

There are some annoying tendencies like the ability for linebackers to teleport to the ball if they are in zone and the ball is 3-4 feet away, and there still aren't any female fans in the entire stadiums outside of a few generic cutscenes between plays. However, there aren't any major

However, there aren't any major bugs or glitch that adversely affect gameplay in a negative fashion, and there isn't anything incredibly annoying in my opinion. There have also been upgrades in Franchise Mode that are nice to see, including the ability to trade future draft picks and edit player ratings mid-season.

EA has the monopoly on NFL licensed video games since they screwed over 2K Sports, so don't expect these games to change much from year to year. If you want an NFL game with the updated rosters, buy it. If you want a football game that's decent, look for another game.. but you'll have to settle with non-NFL teams.
  10. Mar 9, 2012
    Madden 12 suffers from the same problem as ncaa football 12. Great presentation is bogged down by overly talented defensive backs who will intercept a pass five feet abovee their head. The linebackers can jump higher then michael jordan and refuse to drop a pass. Offenses struggle in this game and you will too if you can get a pass game going. Do yourself a favor and pass on this game andMadden 12 suffers from the same problem as ncaa football 12. Great presentation is bogged down by overly talented defensive backs who will intercept a pass five feet abovee their head. The linebackers can jump higher then michael jordan and refuse to drop a pass. Offenses struggle in this game and you will too if you can get a pass game going. Do yourself a favor and pass on this game and but Madden 10. Expand
  11. Dec 11, 2012
    This game follows the same path that all madden games seem to follow, being that they are almost exact copies of each other, only each newer edition has a graphics update or some random new feature. The sooner EA loses its contract to be the sole developer of NFL games, the sooner competition will force the Madden series to become better.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    I love Madden. They are basically the only game franchise that I can count on every next to CoD and Assassin's Creed. However, I believe they missed the mark on Madden 12. Yes the graphics are good, better than they've ever been, but that's pretty much all I can say that's new or good. The two things that upset me the most about this game are the commentators and the soundtrack. TheyI love Madden. They are basically the only game franchise that I can count on every next to CoD and Assassin's Creed. However, I believe they missed the mark on Madden 12. Yes the graphics are good, better than they've ever been, but that's pretty much all I can say that's new or good. The two things that upset me the most about this game are the commentators and the soundtrack. They really need to get rid of Gus. He tries way too hard to be dramatic and he just annoys me. In my opinion, this is the worst soundtrack the series has ever had. I only liked about 4 songs on the whole game compared to the usual 10 or more on the others. Madden just needs to change, plain and simple. Expand

1. Several new features also make franchise play more rewarding: Madden vets will greatly appreciate the faster free-agent bidding process, which creates more tension between teams and preseason roster cuts also add a more human element. [Nov 2011, p.84]
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    It could - probably should - look better, but it's ridiculously deep and authentic with loads to do, both online and off. [Nov 2011, p.101]
  3. Sep 30, 2011
    It's a solid game but one which bears too many similarities to previous versions for us to wholeheartedly recommend it.