5.5

1. Sep 3, 2011
    This is the best Madden to date. The graphics look great. The AI is smarter. There are a few glitches, but other than that this game is fantastic. This is a must buy for any football fan.
  2. Sep 5, 2011
    The most realistic football game ever made. This game feels like they have finally been able to get the defense, passing and running all perfect. Qbs perform like they should with badly rated players easily getting picked off by aggressive high rated defenders. A must for any madden fan. Great improvements and really fun.
  3. Sep 16, 2011
    A step up from last year. Franchise mode and gameplay are much improved. although scouting feature is pretty useless. I've had no problems with online play so far but am dissapointed they ignored online franchise mode which for me held it back from being a 10.
  4. Sep 3, 2011
    Pros -Tackling is better -No sprint is a good thing -Music is o.k. -Scouting college players is done well. The combine stats should be available, but I like that they give you a guess on their ratings. Cons -Control is worse than last year. Control is actually downright terrible. -Graphics are more arcade looking... worse than last year -Menus look more like a street fighter game. Worse than last year
    -Commentary is unchanged from last year, they didn't even fix the mispronounced names (there are a lot of them)
    -Even more glitches. They didn't fix any of the old gameplay glitches that I can tell, and added many more glitches.
    -20 or 30 common events cause the game to freeze for a couple seconds before running correctly.
    -Player traits don't do anything if the player is on defense, offensive line, or wideout. Player traits for qb's and rb's do some stuff. If a qb or rb is hot then they are unstoppable.
    -It almost feels like there is no point in controlling a defensive player, the control is so bad for db's that you can't use them. Using a linebacker only good for blitzing. Using a defensive lineman is largely detrimental as player controlled d-lineman get pancaked more than usual.
    -Animations of the stadiums are glitchy (you can see through dome animations quite often)
    -All the presentation add-ons (Teams running out on to the field) become annoying after playing 2 games. Pointless.
    -Kicking meter is worse than it's ever been. On top of this, kicking is now shown from a side angle, which is annoying.
    -Long animations of the offense walking to the line before a play gives you less time to adjust at the line (offense or defense). This animation is pointless and bland, and takes away from gameplay.
    -Player of the game is chosen seemingly at random. A quarterback can throw 5 touchdowns and a cornerback from the losing team with 1 tackle and nothing else will win player of the game.
    -The fumble plague has returned to Madden.
    -Dropped picks happen too often, then all of a sudden, a guy will teleport to pick the ball off.
    -Players sliding and teleporting is down, but still very noticeable in every game.
    -Still too many plays in the playbook that are completely worthless.
    -Ball still passes through body parts on it's way to a receiver.

Summary
    I'm done with madden. I was able to tweak madden 11 to the point where it was challenging and fun. But the presentation and gameplay of this one is more like Blitz as presented by Madden, with all of Madden's glitches and downfalls. I've played 10 games and I'm already certain i'm going to trade it in for dead island.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Love this game! Huge upgrade from the last. Tackling is better passing game made more real. Online play is pretty good you still get people who don't play football they just blitz or never punt stuff like that but you can neg rate them and play within your own rating. Good Game Cool new madden moments as long as you have online.
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    this game can be fun if your really into football. the best improvement is superstar.. back in madden 06 i loved superstar and thats all i played.. in 09 it started sucking and i only started playing franshise. the fact that they made superstar better makes the lasting appeal much better
  7. Sep 1, 2012
    Man, did I get a lot of play out of this game. The best Madden entry yet. I bought '08, and it sucked. God it sucked. This one was a gamble for me. I hadn't played football games since '08. I thought, am I too far behind? Will I get creamed even on absolute rookie mode? Well, if you have played real football, or watched football, or even watched breakdown on Sportscenter, then you understand football enough to call plays proper in this game. Football is strategy. This game capitalizes on that basic idea and principal. It, pardon the pun, takes the ball and runs with it. I had lots of fun. That's correct, fun. I can't believe I had fun with a football game. I didn't think it possible. Madden has a history of closing out newcomers of the game. Absolutely user-unfriendly, many of the titles are. Not 12. I asked a friend at work, who bought the game six months after it came out(as did I), what he thought. He said it was accessible, un-like previous offerings. I couldn't believe that two people thought the same thing. That's why this game is great. The only thing that MIGHT be better? Madden 13. Expand

1. Several new features also make franchise play more rewarding: Madden vets will greatly appreciate the faster free-agent bidding process, which creates more tension between teams and preseason roster cuts also add a more human element. [Nov 2011, p.84]
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    It could - probably should - look better, but it's ridiculously deep and authentic with loads to do, both online and off. [Nov 2011, p.101]
  3. Sep 30, 2011
    It's a solid game but one which bears too many similarities to previous versions for us to wholeheartedly recommend it.