Magic Orbz PlayStation 3

7.6

1. Jun 19, 2017
    This is one of the arkanoid-like games I have enjoyed the most; I spent many hours playing (so many that my 60 GB while playing the game and had to buy a new one).

Above all, Magic Orbz is original, as it has its own design, settings and even power-ups regarding gameplay. It may be a bit difficult at times, but should precisely be a good point. Overall, it deserves 8 points out of 10.
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    It's a nice looking brick breaking game in 3D graphics. I enjoyed just looking at this game. I liked the fact that there was a 2 player co-op (or competitive) as well.
  3. SteveN
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magic Ball is actually a lot of fun to play, especially in co-op mode. In fact, it's one of the only games my fiancé and I have played through together (she doesn't normally play many games). I like that this game uses a physics-based engine to make things more exciting, but at times that does make it very hard to predict where the ball is going to bounce. The Magic Ball is actually a lot of fun to play, especially in co-op mode. In fact, it's one of the only games my fiancé and I have played through together (she doesn't normally play many games). I like that this game uses a physics-based engine to make things more exciting, but at times that does make it very hard to predict where the ball is going to bounce. The 'sets' that you look at are also very cool, but occasionally objects will obstruct your view. That said, we managed to beat every level (and just got the 'witches' themed expansion) without having to retry that many of them. It was well worth getting. Expand
  4. JedB
    Feb 4, 2009
    This game is actually really fun to play. It can be played casually, and becomes quite challenging in the later levels. The inclusion of co-op online or offline is a sweet touch. It's the best Arkanoid-like game I've ever played. It improves on the original in many ways, has interesting 3d environments, clever level design, and allows for multiple power-ups/effects at once, so This game is actually really fun to play. It can be played casually, and becomes quite challenging in the later levels. The inclusion of co-op online or offline is a sweet touch. It's the best Arkanoid-like game I've ever played. It improves on the original in many ways, has interesting 3d environments, clever level design, and allows for multiple power-ups/effects at once, so that an elongated "paddle" does not undo a missile launcher, or a spikey ball. Expand
    Jan 26, 2009
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. It's a lot of fun to play by yourself, or with someone else. It's one of the few games I can enjoy and that I can also enjoy with my 6 year old. The only reason I took a point off was because this is EXACTLY the type of game that should have custom soundtracks enabled. I could see myself sinking a lot more time into this if I could listen to I really enjoyed this game a lot. It's a lot of fun to play by yourself, or with someone else. It's one of the few games I can enjoy and that I can also enjoy with my 6 year old. The only reason I took a point off was because this is EXACTLY the type of game that should have custom soundtracks enabled. I could see myself sinking a lot more time into this if I could listen to what I wanted. It's especially odd given the the throw away music in this game. Another plus is that the trophies are all fairly easy and fun to get. You can get them all in probably less than 5 hours or so, and less if you're just into getting the trophies and look at a trophy guide before playing. I played through the game once before looking at a guide, then I checked out a guide and got the rest and it took me roughly 5 hours. There's plenty of replay there too, but there would have been a lot more if it had custom soundtracks enabled. Collapse

Magic Ball is a streamlined, simple game that's fun to play. There aren't many frills, there's no story to speak of, and it's not incredibly long, but if you feel like a good brick-braking game, purchasing this title should be an easy decision.
  2. Magic Ball is a charming title that will appeal to a much wider range of gamers than most PSN downloads. It’s a little short, but younger gamers will appreciate the smooth learning curve and the two online modes will provide a little extra life, especially as they come complete with leaderboards.
  3. Magic Ball isn’t quite as innovative as other PSN games out there and it certainly won’t test your brain, but it’s a decent downloadable title that may deserve your attention.