4.4

1. Feb 28, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, do you like bad games? Of course you don't, you toss.
    But do you like so bad it's good games? If so, Magus is the best of this example since Deadly Premonition. Hell, other than Magus, Earth Defense Force, and Deadly Premonition, I can't think of any other decent example of this phenomenon. It's absolutely hilarious, horrible script, pointless dialogue choices, mediocre gameplay, bad if non-existent music. Everything bad all the time.

This being said though, I can't help but love the game due to it's sheer stupidity. It's completely bonkers and unfinished, much more fun to play than the complete trash that is Ride to Hell : Retribution.

I recommend Magus if you want a really good laugh, I implore you to purchase it and have a grand time making fun of it on your 10 hour long journey with it.
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    I agree with everything Loophole572 said.....EVERYTHING! Love this game! A game this bad can be extremely enjoyable to play as long as the gameplay doesn't get frustrating or too repetitive. If you play this in small increments (an hour a day) then you will have a blast. Ridiculous dialogue, tons of glitches, bad sound design, and a main character that transitions from being a huge doucheI agree with everything Loophole572 said.....EVERYTHING! Love this game! A game this bad can be extremely enjoyable to play as long as the gameplay doesn't get frustrating or too repetitive. If you play this in small increments (an hour a day) then you will have a blast. Ridiculous dialogue, tons of glitches, bad sound design, and a main character that transitions from being a huge douche to being a REALLY huge douche. Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!!!!! Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2014
    Magus is more or less 2014's Ride To Hell Retribution, only it's not as annoying or frustrating like most really bad games. In fact it's ridiculously easy. The story and writing are beyond atrocious, it's like an idiot tried to create clever one liners that don't fit at all in a medieval setting, but that just makes it more enjoyable. The game is exceptionally unbalanced, but surprisinglyMagus is more or less 2014's Ride To Hell Retribution, only it's not as annoying or frustrating like most really bad games. In fact it's ridiculously easy. The story and writing are beyond atrocious, it's like an idiot tried to create clever one liners that don't fit at all in a medieval setting, but that just makes it more enjoyable. The game is exceptionally unbalanced, but surprisingly in the player's favor. You get all these ridiculous powers while you retarded enemies never seem to get any stronger. It goes without saying that the graphics are **** There's not a single texture that looks even decent.

The thing is, everything that's bad about the game provides accidental entertainment value. I got it for like ten dollars and somehow it's turned out to be a worthy investment. Words can only begin to describe how utterly hilarious and stupid Magus is as a game. It fails in ways previously inconceivable. And because it's such a guilty pleasure, I'm giving it a 9, otherwise, well there's only one rating for a game like this.

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Magus is not an entertaining game. It suffers from repetitive gameplay, bugs, glitches, and abhorrent visuals. Worse still, it’s expensive, with the release currently commanding a laughable $24.99 price point on the PlayStation Store. Put your time and money towards something better than this.
  2. Mar 7, 2014
    I don't think I can argue that Magus is a "good" game. In fact, there's a strong argument to be made that it's kind of terrible. It's short, it's ugly, it's easy, it's kind of stupid — basically, by any conventional judging of good/bad, it probably comes out on the wrong side of the ledger...Here's the thing, though: I loved it.
  3. Mar 7, 2014
    Unlike Deadly Premonition, Earth Defense Force 2025, or other games that hide genuine depth behind an awkward presentation, Magus has no hidden quality, charm or saving grace. It's entirely witless, and none of its mechanics strive for anything beyond mediocrity. Despite its issues, though, Magus is surprisingly breezy to play.