7.5

1. Dec 4, 2010
    Maiin and the Forsaken Kingdom surprised the hell out of me. I bought it at amazon for 22.99 on BF and wow this game just amazes me. The world detail is so vividly imaginative and descriptive it often reminds me of my first time entering into the Shivering Ilse's back on The Elder Scrolls. Noting the reference, don't be mistaken that this game plays or actually looks anything like Oblivion since it doesn't. Moreover it's not suppose to. Game Republic has crafted a gem of its own that will be often compared with games like Ico and perhaps even Zelda, but the story bond between gamer and characters has truly been mastered in the senses that if one of the characters died (as in story line) then you would shed a tear or two (something movies can hardly ever achieve). Lastly following my last sentence I want to note that is not a spoiler of any kind, for all you or I know they could die Majin and the main character, or they could live and save the Kingdom from ultimate darkness. Hence, I will not go into plot details or anything of the sorts since the games itself is to be best played going in blind and discovering the world and it's mysteries for yourself. Please buy this game whenever you get the opportunity since this has been Game Republic's finest game and its company truly needs the funds after the utter fail of Folklore on the PS3. (fail as in sales) Expand
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Why this game has such a low rating I will never understand. It's a clever game with an interesting story, great music, excellent controls, fun puzzles and versatile enviroments. It gets gradually better when you learn new abilities, and while it may not be groundbreaking but it's a solid package. Some games feel like they were published unfinished - Majin and the forsaken kingdom is honed to perfection. This game deserves at least an eight. Expand
  3. May 29, 2011
    The bad reviews on this game were way too harsh. The colors and the artistic design were lush, and the puzzles challenging but not too hard. Most of the voice acting was horrible, though.
  4. Jul 8, 2011
    Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom hits all the right notes. Solid combat gameplay, well thought out puzzles, interesting and appealing world design, beautiful aesthetics, and a charming fairytale story. The only negative is hammy voice acting.
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    An excellent action adventure game that has the flavour of Castlevania SOTN meets Zelda. Many people could not endure the giant's voice, but I found him friendly and adorable. The exploration in the world is fantastic, the fairy tale like story is very nice, the mix of stealth and puzzle-platforming really makes the game interesting. The two endings make for excellent re-play value. A great game for a teen audience. Collapse
  6. Nov 18, 2013
    i didnt think anything of this game when it was being announced, teased, trailered, etc. But then the demo came out, i was bored that day and thought "eh, ill try it." which was one of the best choices i have ever made when deciding to purchase this game. Like i said, i had no previous opinoin about this game before trying this demo and i LOVED it. A few weeks later the game was released and i bought it on day 1... But let me explain the reasons i love this game so much. It was a game for PS3 that i was playing that i had for some reason been reminded of Zelda when i was playing it, with the puzzles, the action adventure element in it, the story, etc. Everything about this game is amazing to me, its one of my few games i got 100% on.
    And to me, it was worth every penny.
    this goes on my PS3 shelf on "All Time Favorite PS3 Games" (along with 3D.Game Heroes, Wet, Catherine, and more)
  7. Aug 18, 2012

1. Feb 23, 2011
    For everyone who ever thought that commanding a beast can only be great, this game demonstrates otherwise. It has good points but they are few and far between.
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    Majin and the Forsaken is the definition of a mediocre title. Nearly every aspect of the game is bland and unoriginal, with the exception of a great control scheme when it comes to controlling the non-playable Majin. Some players may find a tolerable adventure in the game, but don't expect much else.
  3. So while you'll be unconvinced by the visuals and voices behind the boy and his beast, when the Majin goes harumphing into battle to save you from the latest onslaught of sinister humanoid ooze, stopping only to breathe his healing gingivitis all over your battered body, you'll find yourself wondering; why this has done for you what the massive production of Enslaved could not. The answer? Heart, baby. Kid's got heart. [January 2011 p72]