Malicious PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 24, 2012
5.4

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Well, it's not a terrible game but isn't great either. As a boss arena type game with only a handful of bosses, you're not getting much content. Some of the bosses just take a lot of time to kill because of a very high amount of health. They aren't particularly difficult, but it's mediocre fun to learn how to defeat a boss the first time. It's not anywhere near as good as Shadow of theWell, it's not a terrible game but isn't great either. As a boss arena type game with only a handful of bosses, you're not getting much content. Some of the bosses just take a lot of time to kill because of a very high amount of health. They aren't particularly difficult, but it's mediocre fun to learn how to defeat a boss the first time. It's not anywhere near as good as Shadow of the Colossus but I can see how it was probably lightly inspired by it. Sometimes it's a lot easier if you take on a boss with an ability earned from a previous boss kill, but it's not impossible to do without them. I bought this alongside Tokyo Jungle, and enjoyed the latter a LOT more. I think Malicious would have been awesome if there was areas leading up to the boss battle, or at least bigger areas to fight in. Starting off and playing in one small arena each battle gets a bit boring once you learn the tricks to kill the main boss. The stages aren't that unique so the scenery got old really quick. I'll probably go back and play it at some point to get better times or see if there are easier/quicker ways to defeat the stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if I forget I even bought it. It's just a bland forgettable experience overall. Expand

1. Jul 27, 2012
    Malicious just isn't a good game and it's not worth your time. And that's too bad, because Malicious certainly had a lot of promise. It just doesn't deliver.
  2. May 8, 2012
    Malicious is by no means perfect, but it is one of the most entertaining downloadable PS3 games I've played in a while.
  3. Apr 7, 2012
    Malicious is an interesting title that offers a different gameplay compared to the classic action game. Some technical problems limiting its potential.