Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 PlayStation 3

7.1

1. Mar 24, 2011
    It goes to show you that better graphics and a bigger storyline doesn't necessarily make a better game. The extra-combination powers gets old real quick when you can regenerate them very quickly as in this game. The story itself has too many turns to care about. And the final boss battle was patheticly done. Very dissappointing game considering its predeccesor.
  2. CarloC
    Sep 20, 2009
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I felt it was short. The first one took me twice the time. I have not played the other side, but the game seems a bit short for me. I was nice that they put the sixaxis to use when you have to button mash for certain tasks since I have a problem with button mashing due to a condition that the meningitis left. Or else, I would not have gone too far from I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I felt it was short. The first one took me twice the time. I have not played the other side, but the game seems a bit short for me. I was nice that they put the sixaxis to use when you have to button mash for certain tasks since I have a problem with button mashing due to a condition that the meningitis left. Or else, I would not have gone too far from the beginning. Another thing I was somewhat disappointed on was the selection of characters. A few of them seemed so useless like Songbird, and Penance. I liked the roster more on the first one. Fusions were fun. The graphics were good. The audio was somewhat funny when it came to their voice overs. Overall, the game was just OK. I definitely would have wanted a longer campaign. Expand
  3. Steve
    Oct 1, 2009
    Online co-op play is INCREDIBLY laggy, worse than any other PS3 game I've ever played. Even some of the videos stutter on playback when doing co-op online. It's awful.

I thought a lot of the moves were better in the last version. The combined powers thing isn't as spectacular as I hoped. The game is still fun and very similar to the first one. Despite the lag,

The game is still fun and very similar to the first one. Despite the lag, I'm still enjoying playing co-op with my brother and sister-in-law. The graphics, story, and sound are pretty polished.
  4. Jul 1, 2011
    Pros: decent graphics, good roster of characters, level design is fine, organised. Cons: weak cutscenes, you have to pay for dlc, not enough levels. Other: the choice of 'powers' are hit and miss. OVERALL: a decent game but the type of gameplay isn't particularly fun
  5. Dec 18, 2013
    It's the same game as the first one essentially. If you liked it and you want more, then this is the way to go. Just don't expect any improvements, there are none, it plays exactly the same.
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    If your a marvel fan & and RPG fan this is a game for you, the character dialogue and 1 liners will have you nostalgic with the older comics, The combat is a lot of fun but a little repetitive at times..
    A great game to play if you've got more then 2 people with you as it doesn't divide the screen, but it may cause some camera issues..
    The variety of characters to play as will give you

The variety of characters to play as will give you plenty to do, and the collectibles give this game somewhat of a replay value..

Definitely worth picking up if you see it for $30>(AUS)..
  7. Oct 30, 2012
    I have played around the 2/3 of the game and did not finished it. The game is way too repetitive. Maybe if i had played in off-line coop, i would have appreciate it more.
  8. May 12, 2015

1. Most of the time when I see a developer change between products, it spells inevitable doom or a watered down shadow of the previous title. In this case, I think Vicarious Visions has taken what Raven started and managed to not only match it but improve upon it.
    But ultimately, even though a lot of things about MUA2 aggravate me, the moment-to-moment gameplay of superheroes beating the crap out of robots/mutants/soldiers with fists, mystical hammers, repulsor rays, giant tongues, and what-have-you feels solid and enjoyable.
  3. A solid follow-up to the 2006 release, with great new characters and fusion powers. The game looks very nice and plays well.