7.3

1. Feb 17, 2011
    This would honestly be a 9 if online hadn't obviously been so rushed. I realize later down the line things will be fixed but right now the fact that this game launched without a spectator's mode is inexcusable. Waiting in an 8 person lobby watching cards bump into each other while listening to elevator music is so awful that it's laughable. I know this will be patched in later but by thenThis would honestly be a 9 if online hadn't obviously been so rushed. I realize later down the line things will be fixed but right now the fact that this game launched without a spectator's mode is inexcusable. Waiting in an 8 person lobby watching cards bump into each other while listening to elevator music is so awful that it's laughable. I know this will be patched in later but by then the interest in the game will probably be halved at least.

The game itself is pretty solid though. It's a fast a furious games that truly lives up to the MVC name. Sure it's not balanced and you can get wasted in a single combo, but that's kind of what MVC is about. The simplified controls work well to make the game even more fast and furious than ever. It's also nice that there's so few repeats in the roster.

Still, the game is fairly bare bones. You just got the basic arcade mode, two types of training mode and an online that needs alot of work (along with the previously mentioned lack of spectator mode the net code is just kind of...not good). I honestly wouldn't have minded if this game was delayed another month if it meant it would have been released more complete. This mindset hat you can release incomplete games and patch them later is really starting to get out of hand. Still it's a fantastic game and in a few months this review won't even be accurate. So I recommend it, but you can also wait a bit.
  2. dz9
    Aug 12, 2011
    Yes I do know that this game is geared toward more hardcore fighting genre fans, but I judge it unbiased and what the game actually contains. The main problem with the game, is that it still feels like a game you enjoy at the local arcade for 50 cents a run through and not a full priced title. The story is COMPLETELY irrelevant, there is no side content worth mentioning, and no sideYes I do know that this game is geared toward more hardcore fighting genre fans, but I judge it unbiased and what the game actually contains. The main problem with the game, is that it still feels like a game you enjoy at the local arcade for 50 cents a run through and not a full priced title. The story is COMPLETELY irrelevant, there is no side content worth mentioning, and no side content really at all. Here is the games options: Play online; Play offline; Play tutorials. Unlike games like Mortal Kombat 9, where there is: Story Mode; Challenge Tower; The Krypt; Two Player; King of the Hill; Online Mode; Single Player; Arcade mode.... My point is that unlike a fulfiling title like Mortal Kombat, MvC3 only really appeals to hardcore fans of Marvel vs Capcom. I'll admit that i'm not a HUGE fighting game fan, but I love Mortal Kombat, and the Tekken series, I would just never call myself a hardcore fan. Don'tget me wrong though, this game has cool art styles, each character in the roster is unique, excellent fighting mechanics...But at the end of the day, this game feels like it belongs at Dave and Busters or maybe off the PSN network or Xbox Arcade...not at a full priced title. This game is only worth picking up if A: Your a huge MvC fan, or if you can get the game for under 20 bucks. The Good: Amazing art style, good voice work, the roster is fulfilling and each fighter plays unique, and great battle mechanics. The Bad: No content outside of the traditional arcade fighter. I rate the game a 5 out of 10 because it just feels only half finished. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has to be one of the most unfinished games i have come across of. Now don't get me me wrong, this game fighting and animations are top notch. Along with great voice acting and lines that never feel out of place for the character. Now that being said the Arcade mode feels so watered down and each character ending are two panels...Two...Panels...now i know they did thisMarvel Vs Capcom 3 has to be one of the most unfinished games i have come across of. Now don't get me me wrong, this game fighting and animations are top notch. Along with great voice acting and lines that never feel out of place for the character. Now that being said the Arcade mode feels so watered down and each character ending are two panels...Two...Panels...now i know they did this back in MVC2 which is fine but you would think after having multiple other games before hand doing actual ending cutscenes but no i guess they figure "Eh we can shovel the same crap we did last time and the players will still buy it". Not to mention these two panels aren't even engaging or worth while to see. They're all just "x" character causally talking to "Insert B-List opposite Franchise". They had Dante fighting Deadpool or Magento and Wesker fighting X-23 and Chris in the trailers, but they couldn't expand on that at all. Anyway out of Arcade mode you only have "Versus" which is a two player match which should be given. A "Training mode" which is you playing against a bot or what i like to call a punching bag and lastly "Mission mode" which is a horrible done "How to play the game mode". So in this mode you pick a character from a panel that separates Marvel and Capcom characters,nothing to bad but then you get to the stage and it's just a indicator saying attack with "The attack name". It doesnt tell you how to do the attack like in so many and i mean so many fighting games before it just says attack with "Attack Name". Of course this forces you to constantly pause the game look back and check through the command list and search for the moves, something that will get so aggravating once you pass maybe the second or third mission of most characters.

Now let me tell you the most aggravation part of this whole game. It''s not the poorly done Acrade and Mission mode, nor is it the lack of stages, the lack fan favorite characters for barely known and disliked characters (Who the wanted MODOK). It wasn't even the most lackluster gallery mode. It's Online, online. Nothing in my lifetime so far has pissed me off like the online in this game. Not only does its "fail join a game" comes up nearly every time you hit ranked match and kicks you back to the main menu screen instead trying to auto search again like in many games before, but the rank match itself should come with an Ironic tag to it. Not only do you constantly get ranked with people way higher/lower than your rank but it's also filled with Sentinel spamming noobs (press down and "Hard button" to win while constantly calling your partners). Now of course there's that or player match which takes forever to match me up with someone, so if you need to do your taxes/homework/ or balance your life savings you got that. Lastly they have a lobby mode where its just you waiting in "line" to fight one person and get kicked back in the back and wait again once you realized the is using Sentinel. And that's it...no tournament mode, no spectate mode just nothing else....nothing. Thanks for wasting your money

Overall: This game is a fun fighting game at times and the animation and the effect will have you entertain until you realized how broken and unfinished/pololish this game really is. My gripe with Capcom is that they had purposely made this game so half baked so you would by the 40 dollar patch, oh i mean expansion that is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
  4. Mar 16, 2011
    [This review might contain grotesque English errors; I apologize in advance for this] This is it. After 10 years of long waiting, the Marvel VS Capcom franchise finally got its new installment. Personally, canâ
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    I can tell this is a very solid fighting game. Those that enjoy competing in fighting games will enjoy the balance of this game but I just couldn't find anything about it to interest me. No real story even for a fighting game and the learning curve is pretty steep for someone that mostly just likes single player games. The score is what I give it, but as I said a more "hardcore" fanI can tell this is a very solid fighting game. Those that enjoy competing in fighting games will enjoy the balance of this game but I just couldn't find anything about it to interest me. No real story even for a fighting game and the learning curve is pretty steep for someone that mostly just likes single player games. The score is what I give it, but as I said a more "hardcore" fan would find it better. Expand
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    This game is EXTREMELY difficult. At first i thought i was bad because i was just beginning but after hours and hours of yelling and sheer frustration, i kinda just gave up, i have no idea how to grasp all of the button and analog stick combinations or how to use them in sequence with my two other characters, i was completely and utterly destroyed like 20 matches in a row without a singleThis game is EXTREMELY difficult. At first i thought i was bad because i was just beginning but after hours and hours of yelling and sheer frustration, i kinda just gave up, i have no idea how to grasp all of the button and analog stick combinations or how to use them in sequence with my two other characters, i was completely and utterly destroyed like 20 matches in a row without a single win by people that were rank one, I've been playing for hours on end and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel what so ever, just endless fail...i mean im god at games like cod but i guess i should try a less serious fighter Expand
  7. Jan 8, 2012
    I remember playing the earlier games in my youth. Just like the cartoons we watch, we tend to view things differently as we get older. This game was fine for a few weeks, but I wanted something more. Graphics are a slick 2d style. Overall a decent game. Controlling your characters and unlocking everything takes time to master. Something I don't have. Decent game nontheless.
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    I have mixed feelings for this game because capcom rushed out this game and this doesn't even feel that worth buying for.

Story- like other fighting games you have an arcade mode, several stages and reach the final boss and beat him you get an ending but its not in a cutscene only in comic versions....typical. Graphic- Comic cartoonish style that almosts looks like something that

Graphic- Comic cartoonish style that almosts looks like something that came out of KOF XII's butt.

Gameplay- vastly improved since MvC2 which adds several features too it. For example X-Factoring can change your game depending on the amount of players in your team. The less players you have, the more powerful, and lasting X-Factor can maintain.

Multiplayer- By far the stupidest matchmaking capcom has done.literally searching for a match but you can't tell what the opponent's connection bar is like and if you can't find 1 they boot you back in the main menu wow just amazing.

Overall- it retains its good posture but MvC3 fails to meet my expectation for an enjoyable online and single player as well as having extra content to good look for 10 seconds and possibily never look at it again

1. May 24, 2011
    The fluid and intuitive controls in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 feel great. The graphic effects and the versus mode are truly great too. A wonderful game.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    Whacking frantic battle frenzy in which you can build yourself against the computer and comic book heroes. Fun guaranteed only in multiplayer mode! [Mar 2011]
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    All in all, MVC 3 is a highly enjoyable game with plenty of replay value. While some Capcom characters are noticeably absent from this title, the ones you do get to play with are a blast and only enhance the Marvel vs. Capcom experience.