8.4

1. Mar 8, 2011
    Really a good game but with tremendous bug and what is unforgivable two months and a patch after the release and still the same problem: five save files and 28 hours of gameplay gone away along with my 70 bucks
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    Up to this point this is the worst version of the game. Please note that I really wanted to like this game and, while it worked, it was great. But then the issues happened:
    Graphical glitches, audio out of synch by several seconds, dropping framerate, extremely long loading screens and freezing issues were all that common. I would consider these issues as minor hindrances, until the straw
    that broke the camel's back arrives: corrupted saves.
    That's right. The game, at random, will corrupt all the save files and make all your progress moot. In any other game that would be serious, in a game that is 20+ hours long, its a show stopper. In addition to that, the fact that saves are locked makes this issue pretty much impossible to workaround.
    As I said, I really wanted to like this game, but after this issue, I don't want to spend tens of hours and having it all destroyed because of a bad port.
    I will change the score when and if Bioware stands up and fixes these issues. Until then, this is the only way customers like me can force some pressure in an corporation not to sell subpar ports.
  3. May 20, 2011
    I do not want the rpg genre to follow the mass effect direction: oversimplifying every rpg aspect: starting from character creation, through the party management, exploration, combat and storyline part of the game. On top of that the game is ridiculous short, overuses same planet/building over and over again and has no replayability value at all. I also found the loading time between zones to long. It is a scheme to milk as much dollars from the players as possible with shiny, superficial games full of meaningless pseudo - minigames, Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Nothing but a Gears of War clone. A 10 hour RPG (if you can call it that). No exploration what so ever. Everything straight forward. RPG for a 10 year old. Holds your hand. Nothing but shooting and the shooting isn't even fun. Stupid conversations that take you nowhere.
  5. Apr 18, 2012
    Not a good RPG, not a good TPS either. As a RPG this game is very weak, the character customization is horrible, you can try as long as you want, you'll not be able to make a decent looking male character. as for the female character, there aren't many hairstyles so no mather how many femsheps you make, they'll pretty much look the same. Your dialogue options makes no big difference, it doesn't mather if you're a good guy or a d-bag, the storyline would be the same if Shepard were a silent character like Link.
    As TPS it's also very weak. You can't even compare with other TPS such as Uncharted or Gears of War. It's basically the same thing in every mission: cover in some conventionally placed box, shoot, shoot, shoot, cover again, use some random power, cover, shoot, shoot.
    One of the biggest deceptions I ever had with a videogame, I didn't even wanted to get the platinum even though it's seems easy.
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    This game's plot and gameplay are briliant, However : It has that typical "Obsidion/Bestheda/Bioware" problem. The characters are wooden, and their lines come out as Narrow, Dull, Absurd, and Unbeleivable. So it's just more of the 1st game, it Reins higher than FO3 and FO : NV, The first game, and Dragon Age, But here I'm going to judge it by how it looks : TERRIBLE. As I said, the conversations are wooden and just weird, and it only get's interesting by the Half-Way point, and for a game so "Sexualised" there's not much of that.

Once The dev's wipe those lingering craps off the Otherwise Delicious Apple pie that is Mass Effect, it's gonna be great.
  7. Mar 29, 2011
    This game lowers the bar in RPG Game of the Year, even lower than the dismal Fallout 3. A completely ridiculous story favorable to 14-year-olds who have no exposure to real sci-fi, the extremely limited options of the game make me think this was programmed for a Commodore 64. Aside from that, it's not a horrible game to play, but you probably should just watch Battlestar Galactica instead. It is neither innovative, compelling, or anything close to memorable. Really, dig up Planescape Torment somewhere and see what a real PC RPG should be. Expand
  8. Dec 26, 2011
    I'm happy to get flamed for saying this but anyone who says this game had a good story has never read a decent book in their life. There was no story in this game. The actual story arc of this game is about 3 hours long worth of gameplay. I can summarize it here:

-Reaper Servants aka "Collectors" kill Shephard and his crew
    -Shephard is ressurected
    -You are told he has to travel through
    omega jump node to destroy Collector Base
    -You spend the next 5-10 hours performing COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY unrelated side-quests to recruit characters who have ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION to the story and join Shephard for completely unknown reasons for a potentially suicidal mission. It's literally like, "Hey, you're pretty tough. Wanna come with me and kill the Collectors?" The potential recruit then says, "Sure. Sounds good. I'll risk my life for that. Who are the Collectors btw?"
    -You then finish the game by going to go kill the Collectors
  9. Dec 26, 2011

-Reaper Servants aka "Collectors" kill Shephard and his crew
    -Shephard is ressurected
    -You are told he has to travel through
    omega jump node to destroy Collector Base
    -You then finish the game by going to go kill the Collectors

1. May 24, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is a masterpiece of Sci-Fi-Storytelling. The characters in the Mass Effect universe are offering a deep background. The Game is exciting until the very end.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is still a game you shouldn't miss at all costs, and one of the best RPG's of this generation of consoles. You need an internet connection to download all of the contents which EA didn't include on the main BR disk.
  3. Yes, ME2 isn't perhaps the most technical RPG ever created, but it's easily one of the slickest, bearing the unmistakable master craftsmanship of RPG luminaries, BioWare. Not only is this supersized Sony edition of ME2 outstanding value for money – it also represents a sound long-term investment. If the Mass Effect 3 reveals are anything to go by, the conclusion of this saga will be similarly unmissable and the galactic apocalypse will be decided in our own backyard: Earth. [March 2011, p70]