- Summary: The Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of someThe Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it's potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience. … Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Positive: 62 out of 62
Mixed: 0 out of 62
Negative: 0 out of 62
Jan 14, 2011That's what makes Mass Effect 2 great. Not the outstanding action, the compelling story, the huge depth of interaction, or any of the other ways in which the game demonstrates its outrageous surfeit of quality. It's because this is a game so coherent, you start to believe that you could actually live in it.
Jan 26, 2011BioWare took the existing narrative and didn't just continue it, but built it into the framework of this sequel. Games like Quest for Glory and Baldur's Gate tip-toed in these waters years ago, and Dragon Age: Origins showed us real consequences just recently, but ME2 creates true continuity, where every decision truly matters.
Playstation Official Magazine AustraliaMar 17, 2011Yes, ME2 isn't perhaps the most technical RPG ever created, but it's easily one of the slickest, bearing the unmistakable master craftsmanship of RPG luminaries, BioWare. Not only is this supersized Sony edition of ME2 outstanding value for money – it also represents a sound long-term investment. If the Mass Effect 3 reveals are anything to go by, the conclusion of this saga will be similarly unmissable and the galactic apocalypse will be decided in our own backyard: Earth. [March 2011, p70]
Jan 24, 2011Mass Effect 2 is an amazing RPG with an unbeatable cinematic feeling and a history and characters simply astonishing. This is a game that demands to be played by every PlayStation 3 user no matter if you don't have the first one, because it's the very definition of what the Next-Gen wants to be.
Jan 18, 2011Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game regardless of platform, and anyone who doesn't own an Xbox 360 should definitely experience it on PS3. Nevertheless, the 360 version is still the way to go. The continuity of customization offered by the dozens of decision links between the first two games were easily the most satisfying thing about ME2, and that's largely lost on PS3.
Jan 24, 2011Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games of 2010 on the 360 and the PC, and remains so on the PS3. Epic, thrilling, the original story of this space adventure has been enhanced with the inclusion of the DLC add-ons already released on the other platforms. A must-have.
Jan 18, 2011One of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my teamOne of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my team when taking down the collectors.… Expand
Jun 3, 2011This game is in my top 10 ever played games, and that says a lot. The story is amazing, characters are amazing and the graphics are nearlyThis game is in my top 10 ever played games, and that says a lot. The story is amazing, characters are amazing and the graphics are nearly perfect. To like this game you must have a interest in the story otherwise you will be bored in a halve hour that's for sure. But even then you should go to a doctor when you do not like this game. So therefore a 9.8.… Expand
Jun 28, 2011Gonna join the party train over here and give this a 10. Everything is fabulous. The only things worth **** about are the ridiculously longGonna join the party train over here and give this a 10. Everything is fabulous. The only things worth **** about are the ridiculously long loading times and the bugs. C'mon Bioware, get your stuff together! Despite this, though, it's still amazing. Go buy it. I'm serious.… Expand
Jan 24, 2011I have one thing to add to my review after my first playthru. While the game is good, the story, characters are intriguing. I can't help butI have one thing to add to my review after my first playthru. While the game is good, the story, characters are intriguing. I can't help but notice a transparency to the gameplay. It's go to a planet, search clues for your objective, firefight with similar enemies for about 15 minutes, then do it all again on the next planet. It's this repetiveness that I think will sour alot of gamers. The weapons aren't all that exciting either. This is still a really cool game, it just starts to grind after awhile. It's one of the reasons I still think FFXIII is still champ as far as RPG's go for the PS3. That's just my opinion though. Bring on Dragon Age 2 !!!!!!!… Expand
Jun 30, 2014Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
So far, this is the best Mass Effect series i have ever played (Still haven't touched Mass Effect 3Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
So far, this is the best Mass Effect series i have ever played (Still haven't touched Mass Effect 3 though).
So the story begins weeks after Shepard killed Saren & destroy the Sovereign. But the Galaxy are still in constant threat of the Reapers. One day, the Normandy was out on a mission when "The Collector" arrives and destroy the Normandy, killing most of the crews, including Shepard. Cerberus, an underground mercernary organization, is trying to revive shepard. And after 2 years, they succeed in bringing Shepard back, for two reasons, To destroy the collectors and to protect humanity. Can Shepard saves the galaxy..again? What is Cerberus? Who is the Collector and what are their ties to the Reapers? Play and find it out yourself.
- Better graphic than the first one! ME2 totally got an upgrade in that part. The characters are more detail, and also now we got a collection of Weapon & Armor which is just too awesome.
- No more exploring with the tank! Well, finally Bioware decided to change their exploration system. No more tank in an unknown planet. Although of course they are still annoying scanning and sending probe system. But that will prove useful when you got Mordin, the one who will do research on your weapon, armor, and Normandy.
- Lots of characters to choose. We got quite a line up here! And everyone has their own unique skills (When you finished their loyalty mission). Which makes them different one to another). Also we got to see some reccuring characters like GARRUS! (still with his cool scouter!)
- Subquests are more fun. Secondy quests are fun! I mean there are stories to all of it, no matter how simple it is. From finding items to stopping a ship from an explosion, every mission counts.
- Choices DOES make a difference. I mean finally, we got a lot of choices to decide whether someone lives or dies. And also, the new Paragon/Renegade actions (with L2 & R2 buttons), making the game more interesting.
- Epic Story! It was really cool, they "killed" shepard and then "revived" him. Making a brand new chapter in his life, with some old members. Also, the choices you make on ME1, DOES have an effect on this game.
Also the story about the collectors, the protheans, and the reapers, ARE interesting. I'm not much of a fan of sci-fi, but Mass Effect is too damn awesome. Can't wait to play the 3rd one.
- Crappy final boss. It was either i was overlevel or the boss is just too easy. It didn't took more than 5 minutes to beat the final boss, so that was kind of disappointing to me. Although, that was in the normal difficulty, i wonder how it'll be on the insane difficulty.
- A new battle system. I mean at the first game, you got unlimited ammo. You only need to keep your weapon from overheating. But not now, you got limited ammo! So it IS possible that you ran out of ammo when fighting hordes of enemies. But you'll get used to it as time goes by. But at the beginning it'll be quite annoying.
Mass Effect 2 is FAR better than the first game. It's full of actions, better graphics, great lines of characters, and more than that GREAT story. To tell the truth, i was pessimistic about the series. But right now, i can say that this game is AWESOME. It barely has any weak points, other than the easy last boss & adapting to the new battle system, but other than that everything is just great. 9/10 from me. A must play if you have a PS3.… Expand
Feb 29, 2012Several glitched firefights and blemished cutscenes that are absolutely dwarfed by the game's profound lore, vivid colors, characters backedSeveral glitched firefights and blemished cutscenes that are absolutely dwarfed by the game's profound lore, vivid colors, characters backed by excellent voice overs, and a veritable emphasis on ramifying decisions. Perhaps the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack would have fared as a tighter glove than Jack Wall's compositions in this sci-fi epic. Aside from that, the confluence of shooting behind cover along with the different types of powers is strategic and fun even on the highest difficulty. I wish developers would make more sci-fi RPGs of this caliber. Too many recent games, that when juxtaposed, have no relevancy among each other, but far too many things in common, such as a bunch of elves casting magic and dwarves wielding axes. Mass Effect 2 is my most beloved game yet because it breaks free of that.… Expand
Jan 26, 2011Up to this point this is the worst version of the game. Please note that I really wanted to like this game and, while it worked, it was great.Up to this point this is the worst version of the game. Please note that I really wanted to like this game and, while it worked, it was great. But then the issues happened:
Graphical glitches, audio out of synch by several seconds, dropping framerate, extremely long loading screens and freezing issues were all that common. I would consider these issues as minor hindrances, until the straw that broke the camel's back arrives: corrupted saves.
That's right. The game, at random, will corrupt all the save files and make all your progress moot. In any other game that would be serious, in a game that is 20+ hours long, its a show stopper. In addition to that, the fact that saves are locked makes this issue pretty much impossible to workaround.
As I said, I really wanted to like this game, but after this issue, I don't want to spend tens of hours and having it all destroyed because of a bad port.
I will change the score when and if Bioware stands up and fixes these issues. Until then, this is the only way customers like me can force some pressure in an corporation not to sell subpar ports.… Expand