7.1

1. Jul 15, 2012
    If your issue with the original ending was to do with a lack of clarity on what the consequences of your choices were, or that it lacked closure then this MIGHT improve the ending for you I suppose. At least that seems to be the majority consensus at the moment, which makes me re-evaluate what I thought of the take back movement to begin with just a little bit.

The choices you make are

The choices you make are a little more fleshed out, the catalyst gets a bit more exposition and how your team ends up back on the Normandy for example.

However if your issue with the original ending was that it was thematically inconsistent with the rest of the entire game and that the choices you were given, and the events surrounding those choices were nonsensical then I recommend that you avoid (or just watch all of it on youtube like I did).

Strengths
    - Ties up some loose ends
    - More optimistic than what the original ending had implied
    - Free

Weaknesses
    - Thematically inconsistent (The "synthetic v organic" theme is still thrust to the forefront out of nowhere)
    - While some of the loose ends are tied up, many aren't. (How did Anderson and the Illusive man get aboard the Citadel? etc.)
    - Nonsensical (Space magic)
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    The extended cut doesn't deserve to be fully reviewed. It literally made the horrible ending of ME3 WORSE. If I ever run into Casy Hudson or Mac Walters on the street I will hurl rotten eggs at them. 2gigabytes of download and almost 80% of it is locked content for future dlc purchase. Congratulations on killing your own franchise Bioware.

There are no critic reviews yet.